PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay karaoke Revue/ Variety show

TristenCitrine
06-21-2003, 11:39 PM
For those who do not regularly visit the Ani-Magic Ikonboard, I am reposting this here:

I wanted to announce that Lisa and I are tentatively looking for acts to be in the Cosplay Karaoke revue/variety show.

Intermixed with the great cosplay Karaoke acts, we're looking to spice things up with some variety acts, ala the ol' Ed Sullivan show. You know, some fun stuff your favorite anime characters would do if they had this type of chance

I'm going to state a few things first-

* This is a NON COMPETITIVE show on Friday night (think last year's show). It is NOT the masquerade.
*YES, you can be in this show and the masquerade. Please, just don't repeat your act.
* You must be dressed as the character you are performing as, meaning, if you are singing a Sailormars (for instance) image song, you need to be in something ala Mars or Rei Hino. Keep it in character, keep it fun
*This show will run between an hour and an hour and a half TOPS. Spots will fill up fast!
*At the end of the show we will continue the tradition that "The Sound Guys" started, so brush up on your "Fly me To the Moon"

An example of the type of variety acts we are intersted in would be something like a Kagome/InuYasha duo that can demonstrate dog tricks, WeiB boy-band or maybe even a Happatai cover. Again, fun stuff your characters would do.

We are looking for people who love to ham it up on stage, so please, if you are interested in being in this one of a kind show, email me at tristencitrine@usa.net . Please explain what you want to do, etc etc.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Tristen

Eurobeat King
08-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Last year I videotaped the show for you, Tristen, and then joined you and the other Sakura Taisen gals on stage for pics with me dressed as Ohgami. :) Great job with the show last year!

This year I may still videotape it, and I might also PARTICIPATE in it this year. I was surprised no GUYS got up onstage in costume and sang their favorite anime song last year, so this year what I might do is go onstage dressed as Ryosuke Takahashi, which is normal clothes, but I'll put my FC3S around me so that I'm "wearing" a costume, and sing an Initial D song. :skidude2:

Tristen: Afterwards I will quick-change into Ohgami to pose for pics again with the ST-group. If you still wanted me to sing a Sakura Taisen song with you all, please PM me.. ;)

See you soon!

Rey-Rey
08-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Guys are going to be participating now?

I'm not happy anymore. = (

Woof. >=D Rey-Rey Effect. >=D

Nadeshiko
08-03-2003, 05:13 PM
Planning to do this one again! ^^
*nudges k_valentine*

K_Valentine
08-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Alright, I'll do it. And you didn't even have to get me drunk to agree. Though I think a tall, iced glass of Pepsi would make a nice reward for agreeing to it.

KimikoChan
08-03-2003, 05:53 PM
*sniff* i want to sing! But the songs I want to sing, I don't have costumes of :/ Well, they were planned for next year anyways..

sailorpsychosis
08-03-2003, 07:56 PM
I've never been to Ani-Magic, and never heard of Cosplay Karaoke, but it sounds like something I'd want to do. Could anybody please explain exactly what this is, or perhaps show me the link to the aforementioned ikonboard where I could get rules and specifics on this event? Is it just singing a song as a specific character?
Thanks so much!
I'd love to participate, if possible! Is it okay for first-timers to be in it?

Moon Prince
08-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Basically, it's just a varitey show, but you have to be in character.

For instance, last year, I dressed as Reni Milchstrasse and sang Subarashiki Butai which is sung by Reni in Benitokage.

This year we are hoping for some 'variety' type acts to make it really fun. You dont have to sing.

anybody can sign up... but spots are filling up, so email Tristen. ^_^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
08-04-2003, 12:38 AM
I wouldn't mind doing this...but hopefully, I can find a song for racoon mario or what not lol

tydawgsd
08-05-2003, 12:39 AM
I will join in on the variety part. My friends and I can come up with something.

petitemusu
08-05-2003, 03:25 PM
My friend and I have an idea for the variety part. It sounds like tons of fun! I'll email Tristen soon ^_^

Mandy Mitchell
08-05-2003, 05:09 PM
My friends and I plan to be in it!

Lisa Honeychan
08-31-2003, 03:18 AM
Hi again all!!

This is a friendly reminder: If you had wanted to be in on the Cosplay Karaoke Review Friday night, please get back to Tristen Citrine or myself ASAP. The entire show is -just about- totally full. If you have allready talked to TC, and she's sent you a mass e-mailing recently, asking for the specifics to what you are wanting to to in the show, also please write her back with the details ASAP.

We are wanting to have this show fully booked, planned and ready to roll ONE WEEK from the actual convention. We will not be taking "walk-up" entries whatsoever, only people who have allready gotten in touch with us and given us the info we need will be included in the show..We have lots to plan for the event, and want it to run as smoothly as possible.

This show is shaping up to be one of the best times for AM this year! So many of you all want to entertain, show off, and have fun while in costume- it can't help but be awesome!!!

Thanks for your time,

Lisa Honeychan
Ani-Magic 2003 Masquerade co-head, and Cosplay Karaoke Review co-head.

Dreamer81382
08-31-2003, 05:14 AM
ooooh.. That sounds totally awesome!! My friend and I would love to be in it.

E-mail sent! ^_^

Dreamer81382
08-31-2003, 05:16 AM
oh, and we'll be performing as Gainax Boy and Gainax Girl

(costumes never before seen by mortal eyes ^____^)

Delirium-Zer0
09-28-2003, 04:32 AM
Hey... I was wondering if this is still going on...? Haven't heard about it in awhile. Any further details?

Moon Prince
09-28-2003, 04:41 AM
Yah... It's still going on.. Had major practice last weekend for our two numbers... photoshoots... Look foward to seeing all the performers...

Darn... I probably won't get to see a lot of it...

Eurobeat King
09-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Moon_Prince: I look forward to seeing your performances! Sadly, I have to bow out of my spot for the cosplay karaoke revue (Tristen already knows) but I'll be there to support you all, and possibly I might videotape it as much as I can, or else I'll entrust my video-camera to someone to tape it for me. :) And afterwards I'll be there for the Sakura Taisen photoshoot. ;) See you Friday!

Lisa Honeychan
09-29-2003, 05:09 AM
Oh, it's STILL going on!!!*LOL* It's going to a major part of Friday's con experience for lots of people! We have some great things in store for everyone, and lots of talented, dedicated people who are really looking forwards to putting on an awesome show.

See everyone THIS Friday!!!!

FlameSniperRei
09-29-2003, 04:06 PM
o.o; didnt know this was going on this year too.

Dreamer81382
09-29-2003, 06:23 PM
How do you know if you're part of the performance?

I recieved the E-mail asking for skit details and I replied to it and sent it in.. but I didn't receieve any other notices after that.

TristenCitrine
09-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Yep, the Cosplay Revue is still going strong!

Unfortunately, We had a couple people who had to drop out of the revue this year. If anyone has an act they would like to do, email me ASAP with the details. There's room for one, MAYBE 2 acts if anyone wants the spots.

I'm VERY excited about the show! We have one heck of a lineup and its going to be FABULOUS!

So, if you want in... here's your chance to act quickly!

Dreamer- yes you guys are in... did you get my email?

Delirium-Zer0
09-29-2003, 10:30 PM
I got the doc file but since i'm using outlook express, it blocked the attachment ^^;; can you sent it again as a different file format, or zipped perhaps? that should work.