Pages : [1] 2

Kumi-chan
05-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Welcome to GasuKan 6.0!

Theme: "Homeward Bound"/"On the Road Again"
Date: Saturday, June 7th (06/07/08 ^^)
Time: Start gathering at noon

About the themes...
Continuing from May's shoot, this is a dual-theme. The first, "Homeward Bound", refers to the fact that we're returning to our home base at Gasworks. The second, "On the Road Again", is a prop theme. As usual, you can follow either theme, both, or ignore at will.

The overall theme of the shoot could be seen as "travel". Since we're heading into the summer season a lot of us will be taking trips, either heading home from college, taking road trips with our friends and families, or attending out of state cons.

Interpretations of the theme:
- What would your character take with them on a road trip or long journey?
- Characters that spend a lot of time traveling around, either for their job or because they're a wanderer by nature.
- RPG-inspired shows: Magic Knight Rayearth, Slayers, Record of Lodoss War, etc.
- Shows that involve a journey to another world: El Hazard, Fushigi Yuugi, Inuyasha, etc. Often tie into an RPG-style adventure, so there'd be some crossover between the two.

Ritsuko
05-07-2008, 03:35 PM
I think having at GasWorks will be awesome, as I never got to go to the last one/any of them that were there. . . I dunno about anyone else, but is anyone else more inclined to a Saturday shoot?

This theme is going to be great. . . now I just have to decide which costume/s to wear. . .

EDIT: Oops, strike that. . . not even sure if we'll be able to go, as that's the week before finals, and it's my gf's last quarter. Here's hoping!

Perzephone
05-07-2008, 04:07 PM
WAHOOO! ^_^ I'll be there! Ritsuko but but you have to be there :(

The~Wind
05-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I shall be there! Promised Jin I'd wear Luna, so I'll probably do that for half the time, and then change into another costume.

Not sure which one right now. Anyone have any ideas? Most of you know... I'm 6'0", and have a tendency to lean more towards crosplay. I currently have no access to a sewing machine, so it makes it hard to actually make costumes right now. Which is most frustrating.

Any ideas?

Heat
05-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Holy effing god yes!!!
I shall be there!! With my Dying Will ^_~

lilithfire
05-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I will be there, i had so much fun at the last Gasukan so im definitely coming back for more. Depending on the weather, i might go as Rukia Kuchiki wearing her red,white and blue dress in the 1st Bleach opening (asterisk opening, so its definitely coming home to the beginning of the show. lol) or if its a little colder, her Shinigami outfit.

saimon
05-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I may be able to make it to this one.
And I love the theme.

Just one question...where's Gasworks located exactly?
I'll need to develop a bus route to it....no one likes driving me to Seattle.
v.v;

ultimaaa
05-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Gasworks ftw! Awesome.

Ahaha, this is the weekend before finals but oh well. I didn't plan on sleeping anyways. XD

Chances I'll just wear one of my costumes from Anime North since I'll have no time to make anything new. Or if I'm up to it, start on my Takato costume early (since Digimon is all about the going home, right?) and wear that. I'll have to see~.

AznTranquility
05-07-2008, 07:22 PM
you can bus to UW
and walk to gasworks (15min from stevens court)
or u can bus from UW maybe i have to look into it

saimon
05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Aah. I see.
Hm..
I Hope I figure something out.

Also...I'm wondering if anyone wants to join me in a Tsubasa cosplay mini group for this Gasukan?
Tsubasa fits in nicely with the them.
I don't want to be a lonely Fai.
;_;

If you're interested PM me or email me.
((email address in signature))

Perzephone
05-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I will be there, i had so much fun at the last Gasukan so im definitely coming back for more. Depending on the weather, i might go as Rukia Kuchiki wearing her red,white and blue dress in the 1st Bleach opening (asterisk opening, so its definitely coming home to the beginning of the show. lol) or if its a little colder, her Shinigami outfit.

LOL I was thinking about doing her for this as well teehee I dunno yet I was thinking about doing Artbook Naruto version of Sakura. Not sure yet I still got some time ;)

x0g33k0x
05-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Gasworks ftw! Awesome.

Ahaha, this is the weekend before finals but oh well. I didn't plan on sleeping anyways. XD

...Gasukan tradition for you, ne? lol. Sleep?! Wha's that? X3

This sounds like fun. Now to request that time off from work.

Rikkizilla
05-07-2008, 11:00 PM
'Was worried I wouldn't be able to make it to this one due to the move! XD Glad it's in the beginning! Not sure what to wear but we'll be there!

SeattleOtaku
05-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Gasworks's official address is 2101 N Northlake Way, two blocks or so from the 26 route near N 35th and Wallingford Ave.

I should have either day clear, as far as I know so far. ^_^'

PhotoPanda
05-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Gasworks! EPIC WIN!

Kumi-chan! you totally rock! what would we do without you?

<3 got the weekend marked down to keep open! I'll throw in my vote for Saturday the 7th!

boogs
05-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Sweet, I was looking forward to go to Gasworks sometime soon. I'm voting for Saturday too.

ultimaaa
05-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Throwing in my vote for Saturday as well.

Perzephone
05-08-2008, 01:22 AM
I say Saturday too! but I'm up for either day ^_^

Kumi-chan
05-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Okay, so I think we're doing floorset at work starting the 8th, so I vote for the 7th. Seeing as that seems to be most popular, I'll make it official.

Heh...I'm going to get a full night of sleep before this one! I promise!

So that means I basically have to finish one costume a week starting next week. Not a problem if I actually keep on track. Especially since one of them's the summer version of Ryoga. Basically sweatpants and a sleeveless top; hardest part will be making the backpack, but maybe I'll luck out and find it.

Lion
05-08-2008, 01:45 AM
I'm interested. (Newly returning cosplayer here). Sunday would work better for me, as I sometimes work Saturdays.

I have a newbie question. What all goes on at Gasukan? Is it an all-afternoon photoshoot with people socializing, or are there specific events as well (frisbee, board games, etc)?

Kumi-chan
05-08-2008, 01:53 AM
It's pretty much just a social gathering with cosplay and photos. Some people bring food to share, but it's entirely open as to what you do with your time there. Anyone who sticks around for the end usually joins a group to go out to eat somewhere nearby (this time we'll be near the Ave in the U-District and University Village).

ultimaaa
05-08-2008, 01:54 AM
Heh...I'm going to get a full night of sleep before this one! I promise!

That's what I always say too! Only, you know, it never actually happens.

And yay, I'm definitely gonna do Takato for this Gasukan. Anyone else want to join me for Digimon awesome? :D

Rikkizilla
05-08-2008, 02:01 AM
*raises hand for Saturday.... and Digimon*

lilithfire
05-08-2008, 02:08 AM
LOL I was thinking about doing her for this as well teehee I dunno yet I was thinking about doing Artbook Naruto version of Sakura. Not sure yet I still got some time ;)

Thats alright, we could be rukia twins. lol. Or i can be orihime, if i get a nice wig and somehow miraculously attain a massive chest. :eek: lol

ultimaaa
05-08-2008, 02:22 AM
*raises hand for Saturday.... and Digimon*

: DDDDDDDDDDDDD

We should discuss this in PMs, lol.

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-08-2008, 02:34 AM
Maybe if I get to him sooner, maybe I'll debut Koji here instead of waiting 'till AE.

TseUq
05-08-2008, 02:41 AM
And yay, I'm definitely gonna do Takato for this Gasukan. Anyone else want to join me for Digimon awesome? :D

.... dont.tempt.met XDDDD

ultimaaa
05-08-2008, 02:49 AM
.... dont.tempt.met XDDDD

You know you wannnnnnt to. 8D

TseUq
05-08-2008, 02:53 AM
You know you wannnnnnt to. 8D

GAAAAAH I so do LOL XDDD Tamers is my fave season too XDD X3

shadownet752
05-08-2008, 02:56 AM
awsome!! i'm there! although i don't know what i'll wear the sasuke's all i got at the momment, maybe i'll put something together last minute hmmm...

but gasworks!!! looks good i'm leaning for sunday again, but saturday would work too, i would just be there a little later after work!

Lion
05-08-2008, 02:56 AM
It's pretty much just a social gathering with cosplay and photos. Some people bring food to share, but it's entirely open as to what you do with your time there. Anyone who sticks around for the end usually joins a group to go out to eat somewhere nearby (this time we'll be near the Ave in the U-District and University Village).

Thanks for the info!

I'm guessing that people won't want to be racing around playing frisbee while in costume, but maybe I'll bring a board game or two. I play a mean game of Scrabble, and it might be fun to act in character while playing a game.

That brings me to my next question. I'm not sure what to dress up as. I have a couple of trenchcoats that look like good starting points for an outfit, and I was thinking of either Rufus Shinra or Seifer, but I'm looking for more ideas.

Perzephone
05-08-2008, 03:04 AM
Thats alright, we could be rukia twins. lol. Or i can be orihime, if i get a nice wig and somehow miraculously attain a massive chest. :eek: lol

LOL that will be fun! also if you do go as Orihime I have a the perfect place to get your wig ^_^ on ebay where I got mine at.
The ebay seller is called CogMarc and they have the best wigs for a durt cheap price and these wigs are the good kind too with the good synthetic fibers. Basicaly high Quality wigs for bottom prices and they style them and sell them!:rockon:

lilithfire
05-08-2008, 03:46 AM
LOL that will be fun! also if you do go as Orihime I have a the perfect place to get your wig ^_^ on ebay where I got mine at.
The ebay seller is called CogMarc and they have the best wigs for a durt cheap price and these wigs are the good kind too with the good synthetic fibers. Basicaly high Quality wigs for bottom prices and they style them and sell them!:rockon:

That would be awesome. Im not really sure if I could pull off an Orihime and I already have my Rukia stuff set up but regardless, we should recruit an Ichigo, Uryuu and a Sado....:bigtu:

Takers, anyone? lol.

The~Wind
05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Saturday's fine by me. So long as Michi here doesn't get a job. Wait, she'll be sure to request the day off... Prior engagements. lol

Anyways... Hmm... 'On the Road Again/Homeward Bound' Damn... My mind travels to Saiyuki for that one, but I don't have time. Maybe I could attempt to put together my Zechs outfit. No, not his OZ outfit, his White Fang one.

Ugh, that means buying his wig. O_o I'm gonna die... *makes sure to add wig heads to that order*

Perzephone
05-08-2008, 10:30 AM
That would be awesome. Im not really sure if I could pull off an Orihime and I already have my Rukia stuff set up but regardless, we should recruit an Ichigo, Uryuu and a Sado....:bigtu:

Takers, anyone? lol.

:rockon:
Yes Any takers :D LEt us know ^_^

Kumi-chan
05-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Um...I've sort of been contemplating Orihime for a while. I could see about trying to get a wig for her and making the skirt, since I've already got a short-sleeved shirt I could use for the summer uniform top. I think I could probably pull her off
Also, talk to cpardo if you need an Ichigo. I think he just has Soul Society for now, though...

Or am I intruding on the group? *unsure*

Perzephone
05-08-2008, 01:08 PM
no no I love it ^_^ That be uber fantastic!
Also if you need a wig I found the best place on Ebay and there wigs are cheap and high quality!

Cog Marc is the name of the sellers ^_^

http://stores.ebay.com/Cog-Marc

Kumi-chan
05-08-2008, 01:13 PM
You've ordered from them before? Are they reliable? I usually order from Cosworx or Amphigory, so anytime I see wigs for cheap I can't help but feel a little suspicious.

Perzephone
05-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Actually they have a 98% excellent feedback and it takes about lil
over a week to get your wigs. I was skeptical as well, till I took a chance and they also have a great customer service, and they get back to you within 24 hours. The wig I wore on sunday was from there. I had a few of my friends order from them and they are super happy with there products. all in all they are reliable and they have a wide range more then Cosworx. I trust them, and they are reasonably priced. They had a few negative feedback but those are from buyers who didn't pay for the item and or were way to impatient on the shippment, since its coming from Hong Kong.
They are A+!

Kumi-chan
05-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Okay, I'll do it!

Hee, now to leave early for work and check out skirt fabric!

Perzephone
05-08-2008, 02:00 PM
WOOOT! This is going to be fun :D

Kumi-chan
05-08-2008, 02:47 PM
45 minutes later...
Hmm...maybe I'll do the pink t-shirt from Soul Society instead. Do the school uniform later. cpardo pointed out that it would certainly fit the "traveling" theme, and he's right.

Need to find reference images of her shoes...been a while since I've seen those episodes and I can't recall.

So I'm back up to three costumes for this shoot, possibly four. Ryoga, Sango (definitely traveling outfit, might do demon-slayer), and Orihime. But if I do the Soul Society outfit for Orihime, I don't have to really do much sewing, so it's still good.

lilithfire
05-08-2008, 02:57 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking how gas works has some nice Seireitei sceneries. Like the rock arcs. Im so excited now. I just got my Rukia hand glove yesterday too. SWEET. My costumes (yes, more than one. lol) are now complete.

I found this seller on ebay. I havent tried him yet but Im thinking of getting my black kimono here. Its fairly cheap compared to the ones that I saw around the internet. I wish I can sew my own stuff but for the meantime...

Bleach Black Kimono (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=380016187930&Category=106884&_trksid=p3907.m29)

Ginpatsu
05-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Nice theme. Too bad I won't be around for this or I'd go as either Vice-Captain version of Gin from Bleach or Kakashi from Naruto.

Since I don't know that area, I just goggled it. xD Looks like it'd be a good place for a Howl's Moving Castle cosplay background too..

The_Bunkey
05-08-2008, 03:46 PM
XD Hey Michi, we ARE doin' Saiyuki! It's a perfect fit for the theme!!! XD Mwahahahahahahahahahaha! We might have a Hazel...which scares me, but not really. And we've got 3 of the main 4...*glares at Heat* But yeah. We're recruiting more? XD

And I totally vote for Saturday!!!!

Perzephone
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I'll be making my kimono :) I got my pattern for a buck! at hancock fabrics in West Seattle for there close out sale before they clsoe there store for a 2 year remodel 0.0

cpardo
05-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes I REALLY like this theme over the last one--lots of leeway and ideas and all sorts of anime series can be used. And I like Saturday because I can stay up late and sleep in the next day :)

Yeah sure I'll be Ichigo in his Shinkai form. I also have a wig to be Rukia too lol! I was thinking about buying a Momo wig too, though she needs one of those armbands.

And Ranma 1/2 may be in there somewhere, and something else too.

lilithfire
05-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Nice theme. Too bad I won't be around for this or I'd go as either Vice-Captain version of Gin from Bleach or Kakashi from Naruto.

Since I don't know that area, I just goggled it. xD Looks like it'd be a good place for a Howl's Moving Castle cosplay background too..

Thats really unfortunate that youre not gonna make it. I really was looking to see your Ichimaru Gin. Some other time I suppose. :)

I guess Saturday or Sunday works for me either way. I just need to find out the final date at least a week prior for me to set my schedule up. :)

cpardo
05-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I found this seller on ebay. I havent tried him yet but Im thinking of getting my black kimono here. Its fairly cheap compared to the ones that I saw around the internet. I wish I can sew my own stuff but for the meantime...

Bleach Black Kimono (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=380016187930&Category=106884&_trksid=p3907.m29)

Yes that IS very cheap. You may want to ask questions (like what it's made of) and check their ratings and stuff before buying them.

Oh that reminds me I have to get the straw sandals and socks...

Justke
05-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Hmmm, I should have most of time-skip Hinata done by then I hope ^____^ Maybe I'll make a summer-friendly outfit hahaha.

The~Wind
05-08-2008, 07:06 PM
XD Hey Michi, we ARE doin' Saiyuki! It's a perfect fit for the theme!!! XD Mwahahahahahahahahahaha! We might have a Hazel...which scares me, but not really. And we've got 3 of the main 4...*glares at Heat* But yeah. We're recruiting more? XD

And I totally vote for Saturday!!!!

O_o Who do you want me to be Mika-chan? *sighs* Remember, half my time is split with Luna and whoever you throw me into from Saiyuki.

lilithfire
05-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Yes that IS very cheap. You may want to ask questions (like what it's made of) and check their ratings and stuff before buying them.

Oh that reminds me I have to get the straw sandals and socks...

I was thinking of doing Yoruichi Shihouin when she was in the Special Force Corp. We'll see. Urahara Kisuke, anyone? lol

Dang it, i should really make up my mind. lol

Bredward
05-08-2008, 09:00 PM
I'll be going as Esther Blanchett from Trinity Blood, provided that I get the costume done on time. Which means that I need to get started as soon as ECCC is over. >>;

bishiekeeper
05-08-2008, 11:37 PM
*sweatdrop* Well I'm going to lend my friend my Tsubasa Fai cosplay that I wore this year for Sakuracon ( I was Big Kitty Fai) and I will be going as... Dun Dun Duuun! Seishiro- Tsubasa version

xSnow
05-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Okay, so I'll be attending as Ash Ketchum, and my bff is even going to be making a Misty costume to join me! Yaaaay~
We're both really excited. :'D

Amidoji
05-08-2008, 11:38 PM
I have all of the fabric to finish my Captain Gin. Or I could wear Hueco Mundo. (I'd be willing to do Vice-captain Gin with an Aizen).

I might be able to get Anjel's Matsumoto done. I have the wig.

saimon
05-09-2008, 12:02 AM
i was thinking of attempting to form a small Tsubasa group.
I found a cool artbook picture of Sakura and Syaoran in a jungle themed outfit...it'd be cool to have all four Tsubasa in outfits like that.
But I dunno if I'll be able to for a group for that...

But I dunno.

Better figure something out soon so I have time to put it all together.

bishiekeeper
05-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Outo Fai!!! *flails* It's me Big Kitty Fai from Sakuracon~! I'm gonna be trading over my Fai cosplay wear to my friend lin and I'll be dressing up as seishiro from Tsubasa~!

babybrowns
05-09-2008, 12:31 AM
AH-HA! Nvermind I'm totally thereXDD

Oh damn what to cosplay... I'd totally be into Tamers group if I thought I could actually pull something together by then but I... couldn't. Maybe Ryohei? More Hitman times? Will have to consult with the Raiders...

Kumi-chan
05-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Picked up a t-shirt at the mall today, and possibly recruited another cosplayer ^^. The salesgirl spotted my reference shots and started chatting with me about cosplay/anime. I need to make up some business cards, seriously. A lot easier to give out our contact info.

Oh, and Gasworks would be awesome for Howl's Moving Castle cosplay. Steamboy, too. Anything with a steampunk/retro-industrial setting would fit in nicely.

SvK
05-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Steamboy! Now I can add the steam-powered flying ring to the huge list of props that I'll never get around to making.

lilithfire
05-09-2008, 02:16 AM
ordered my yellow contacts for Yoruichi. *sigh* getting quite expensive. lol. Now for the wig and the top. I just talked to Chris and he said that he's bringing Kenpachi to the next Gasukan. lol. My bf's brother is going as Aizen Taichou and with a little more prodding my boyfriend might go as Jiroubo. We'll see... lol:crylaugh:

Perzephone
05-09-2008, 03:14 AM
Nice! ^_^ hmm so are I am guessing we are all going to be in our Soul Reaper outfits ;) lol ooo were going to be hot LOL. oh well ^_^ now to either get me a wig for Rukai's hair or just get mine cut since my hair is already black all I have to do is style it....hmmmm

Ritsuko
05-09-2008, 05:46 AM

Takers, anyone? lol.

Ye gods, I have basic shinigami outfit. If I can get my finals done ahead of time so i can go, I will so be Hanatarou.

Perzephone
05-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Sweet Rits ^_^

The_Bunkey
05-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Michi!!! You should be Gato!!!! Cuz you're so tall!!! XD I know, kinda silly, but we've got a Hazel and possibly a Dr. Nii...and well...We're doin' Reload...so the other baddies, like Homura, wouldn't make sense!!! DX

lilithfire
05-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Ye gods, I have basic shinigami outfit. If I can get my finals done ahead of time so i can go, I will so be Hanatarou.

That would be awesome! Now my boyfriends really gotta dress up as the fireworks dude. lol

Perzephone
05-09-2008, 02:02 PM
lol my friend might come if he can find a salmon pink jump suit so he can dress up as dr. venture lol

The~Wind
05-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Michi!!! You should be Gato!!!! Cuz you're so tall!!! XD I know, kinda silly, but we've got a Hazel and possibly a Dr. Nii...and well...We're doin' Reload...so the other baddies, like Homura, wouldn't make sense!!! DX

Send me pictures dear.... And we shall talk. Remember, little money, no sewing machine.

garfieldelric
05-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Jeez, I'm not sure what costumes I will have by that time! Can I wear a Mets cap?

Lady Shinsei
05-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Bummer that everyone wants it to be Saturday - I'll have to request that day off (and that's hard for me to do lately, since my boss has been a major asshole over our stupid schedules). Oh well, I'll try.

Even though I might end up being the only one to do it, I'm coming in my Pokemon costume from SC (Fisherman-Gal). I hope to get myself a fishing tackle box to use for my lunch/snacks and help tie in with the travelling theme.

And I'm sooo glad that it's close enough for me to get to! I was worried that it would end up being in Lynwood or somewhere else just as far. Gasworks is the awesomest place for photoshoots!

Lion
05-10-2008, 04:02 AM
I've settled on dressing either as Seifer, or on a generic member of the Secion 9 squad from GITS/Stand Alone Complex. I could try being Neo from The Matrix, but I'd need different sunglasses and some black hair dye.

Hmm... maybe I should put this up to a referendum.

xSnow
05-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Even though I might end up being the only one to do it, I'm coming in my Pokemon costume from SC (Fisherman-Gal). I hope to get myself a fishing tackle box to use for my lunch/snacks and help tie in with the travelling theme.

Well, I'll be coming as Ash, and my friends have told me they're going to join me as Misty and Todd and possibly Pikachu all from Pokemon too. :3 Sounds like your costume will be awesome!

Justke
05-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Hmmm, I think I'm gonna do a chapter art version of Rhode from D.Gray-man :] I'll go buy some lollipops before hand hahahaha. (ones that don't melt in the sun T aT ) and maybe also bring Hinata hahaha.~ weee. I'm excited XD

ShinWHO
05-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Wow, a bunch of things I wanted to mention.
1. Sounds like a huge Pokémon group is forming. Interesting. Most of my time at work is spent working for The Pokémon Company. At some point I'll just have to be myself from Pokémon Diamond / Pearl, Dragon Tamer Ondrej from Victory Road.
2. I've bought from so many shops and sellers around the world that I could probably vouch for the reliability of and recommend certain sellers on eBay.
3. Nothing is ever confirmed for me, so I generally hold off on posting here, lest I make a fool of myself. Wait...I already did that when I thought Hitokiri Kenshi was Akuma. Sorry man!

ShinWHO
05-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Because I'm getting some sort of weird bug when I attempt to edit, I'll double post.
4. I don't remember from the last time I was there, does Gasworks have electric outlets? Because Wii would like to play.

Perzephone
05-10-2008, 09:01 PM
is anyone going to the showing of Death note at all? and if so what day? and theater?

Ritsuko
05-10-2008, 09:29 PM
That would be awesome! Now my boyfriends really gotta dress up as the fireworks dude. lol

lol, make sure he's ok with that, cause I'll totally want shounen ai pics with him. Ganju and Hana is my fave Bleach pairing. >.<

is anyone going to the showing of Death note at all? and if so what day? and theater?

I totally want to go, but I have to work or be at school both nights. If I could go, I'd go on Tuesday, and my first choice swould be Federal Way, as it's down the street. But if I could get the night off, convince some peeps to go with too, and met up with a bunch of others in the name of cosplay, I could go to Seattle. . .

Kumi-chan
05-11-2008, 03:06 AM
Okay, a couple of things:

I've finally come up with a good idea for a GasuKan logo, and I'll be working on sketches of it tomorrow and next week. The design will definitely be unveiled at GK 6.0, though I may put up some preliminary stuff here.

On a related note, I'll be debuting a mascot at the next meetup as well. I know exactly what I'm going to do, I just have to get the character design sketched to my satisfaction. It will be cute.

Also, may be switching out my Sango cosplay. I've got another idea in the works that will fit the theme even better.

cpardo
05-11-2008, 03:41 AM
Because I'm getting some sort of weird bug when I attempt to edit, I'll double post.
4. I don't remember from the last time I was there, does Gasworks have electric outlets? Because Wii would like to play.

No I do not think there any outlets for that kind of thing.

garfieldelric
05-11-2008, 05:00 AM
Not sure whether I'll have a Naruto wig or shoes by then- but I may.

Or, I could do L- help me, guys!

garfieldelric
05-11-2008, 05:17 AM
Oh, and I may be at the DN movie showing, dunno- will get back to y'all on that three days before the showing.

For the July GasuKan theme- how about a baseball theme, or a US/Canada one, in celebration of Canada Day 7/1 and our 4th of July?

SvK
05-11-2008, 06:15 AM
ShinWHO: bring a generator.
garfieldelric: Why not Shinji?

Canadiennes, why isn't it called CanaDay? That name is obviously superior?

The~Wind
05-11-2008, 10:53 AM
I thought we where merely switching the June and July themes... *shrugs* I've already got July planned out. ^_~

Kumi-chan
05-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah, July's pretty much set...working on August too. I'll probably post them soon once I've got the details ironed out. It'll be nice to be able to plan ahead, I think.

Lady Shinsei
05-11-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm sooo happy to see that folks want to do Pokemon cosplay. That is one anime that definitely fits the GK themes pretty well, in my opinion. Heh heh... now I really need to go find myself a tackle box, and I'm wondering on whether or not I should bring my realistic-size Pikachu plushie for a 'fishing buddy'.

babybrowns
05-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Okay, a couple of things:

I've finally come up with a good idea for a GasuKan logo, and I'll be working on sketches of it tomorrow and next week. The design will definitely be unveiled at GK 6.0, though I may put up some preliminary stuff here.

On a related note, I'll be debuting a mascot at the next meetup as well. I know exactly what I'm going to do, I just have to get the character design sketched to my satisfaction. It will be cute.

Also, may be switching out my Sango cosplay. I've got another idea in the works that will fit the theme even better.

Kumi! Pleeeaase tell me the mascots gonna be steam punky!!!

Kumi-chan
05-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Heh... :3

I'll say this much: it's not so much a mascot as mascots. I'll have more up once I've got the designs sketched.

If things go well, I may try to get some posters or badges made. Nothing super special, just through Kinkos or another local copy/print center. We'll see.

xSnow
05-11-2008, 02:06 PM

I'm going in Seattle on Tuesday with my Death Note cosplay group. C:

I'm sooo happy to see that folks want to do Pokemon cosplay. That is one anime that definitely fits the GK themes pretty well, in my opinion. Heh heh... now I really need to go find myself a tackle box, and I'm wondering on whether or not I should bring my realistic-size Pikachu plushie for a 'fishing buddy'.

Oh definitely. Everybody loves Pokemon. Even if they say they don't, they actually do. Hahaha.
Me and my friends will definitely be nerding it out to the max. We're bringing speakers and I have a lot of the soundtracks and in-game battle music. It'll be sweet.

Perzephone
05-11-2008, 02:56 PM
but the Death note showing in Seattle is on the 20 & 21 which is saturday and Sunday just so you all know ^_^
I'm going on SAturday!

SvK
05-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Everybody loves Pokemon. Even if they say they don't, they actually do. Hahaha.
I don't love Pokemon.

Ritsuko
05-11-2008, 04:32 PM
but the Death note showing in Seattle is on the 20 & 21 which is saturday and Sunday just so you all know ^_^
I'm going on SAturday!

um. . . is the showing in May or June? I thought May. . . which is a Tuesday and Wednesday, June would be a Saturday and Sunday. . .

Perzephone
05-11-2008, 05:22 PM
its acutally May 20 and 21 at Pacific place @ 7:30 is what I see on there site http://fathomevents.com/upcoming/locations.aspx?eventid=719&zip=98108&eventdate=5/20/2008

xSnow
05-11-2008, 05:34 PM
its acutally May 20 and 21 at Pacific place @ 7:30 is what I see on there site http://fathomevents.com/upcoming/locations.aspx?eventid=719&zip=98108&eventdate=5/20/2008

Yeah, that's right - it's in May, which means it's on a Tuesday and Wednesday. xD; the 20th and 21st aren't Sat. & Sun.

I don't love Pokemon.

:I k.

Ritsuko
05-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah, that's right - it's in May, which means it's on a Tuesday and Wednesday. xD; the 20th and 21st aren't Sat. & Sun.

. . . *shifty eyes* I love Pokemon. . . when nothing else is on. X3

ShinWHO
05-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Me and my friends will definitely be nerding it out to the max. We're bringing speakers and I have a lot of the soundtracks and in-game battle music. It'll be sweet.
Someone cosplayed Ash at work once...for two days straight...with theme music playing.
You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?

Fang of Critias
05-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Hopefully I can get a white wig done for a potential cosplay of Ginko from Mushishi; it's the most I can come up with on such short notice. My only complaint with this, however, is that some people might confuse me with Near from Death Note.

cpardo
05-12-2008, 01:19 AM
I experimented with a new costume at Emerald City Comic con and it went over very well! So I think I'll wear it at Gasukan 6 after I fix it up a little better.

On a side note I'll be at the Death Note showing on it the 2nd day in Seattle. Also of note the Bleach movie will be showing there in June!

lilithfire
05-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Im going to the Death Note showing at Pacific Place on the 21st. :bashful:

I ordered my cat eye contacts for Yoruichi. :):rockon:

cpardo
05-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Im going to the Death Note showing at Pacific Place on the 21st. :bashful:

I ordered my cat eye contacts for Yoruichi. :):rockon:

I'm being Ichigo, and I think I'm getting a neat prop to go with him and Yoruichi!

Perzephone
05-12-2008, 10:39 AM

Oh Epic Fail! lol I feel like a complete newb on that LOL.
Seriously my friend told me that the 20 n 21 was the weekend :blubber:
I'm going to bo punt him now lol for that.
Anyway I think tuesday looks like a good day for me :P but once I go kick his butt I will confirm the day LOL

lilithfire
05-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm being Ichigo, and I think I'm getting a neat prop to go with him and Yoruichi!

A Beach towel since when Yoruichi switches from cat to woman, shes always naked and completely mortifies Ichigo. JK! Lol.:crylaugh:

lilithfire
05-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh Epic Fail! lol I feel like a complete newb on that LOL.
Seriously my friend told me that the 20 n 21 was the weekend :blubber:
I'm going to bo punt him now lol for that.
Anyway I think tuesday looks like a good day for me :P but once I go kick his butt I will confirm the day LOL

Dont worry I thought it was the weekend too. lol. Do you know where youre gonna see it?

Ritsuko
05-12-2008, 12:33 PM
I could only go on the 20th (Tuesday) with my gf. I have to work, and need to get the day off right away if so, but that seems to be the not as popular date. ;.;

We don't really care to go if we can't be in cosplay and hang out with a bunch of people. . . we won't even be in Death Note cosplay, but we will be shinigami. . . lol

So who is going on Tuesday? (ftw?)

BiZ
05-12-2008, 02:10 PM
If there is a Pokemon character someone would like me to come as, I'd be glad to toss it together. I really haven't any befitting ideas this time around. x]

Perzephone
05-12-2008, 03:28 PM
well most likely it will be tuesday here but not for sure till Ihear from my friend ^_^

cpardo
05-12-2008, 04:09 PM
A Beach towel since when Yoruichi switches from cat to woman, shes always naked and completely mortifies Ichigo. JK! Lol.:crylaugh:

Ichigo: "WILL YOU PUT SOME CLOTHES ON?!!!!"

Oh I went ahead and started a thread for the movie showings, so we don't have to have to interrupt Gasukan discussion here.

Perzephone
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey Cpardo, did you go to the comic con cosplaying Speed Racer?
I was trying to figure out if that was you lol I was walking around with Chun li buns lol

xxkittygurl
05-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Omg gasworks I go there all the time!
If I can finish my Dawn costume by then I'll definitely go =D

cpardo
05-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Hey Cpardo, did you go to the comic con cosplaying Speed Racer?
I was trying to figure out if that was you lol I was walking around with Chun li buns lol

Oh you gave away my secret identity!

lol yeah that was me as Speed I got a good response from that costume it was cool.

lilithfire
05-13-2008, 01:33 AM
Ichigo: "WILL YOU PUT SOME CLOTHES ON?!!!!"

Oh I went ahead and started a thread for the movie showings, so we don't have to have to interrupt Gasukan discussion here.

YES. A VERY INTERESTING GASUKAN INDEEDY. LOL

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Starting to think I should bring my Fury costume, as a lot of the Gasukan guys didn't get to see it.

Perzephone
05-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Omg gasworks I go there all the time!
If I can finish my Dawn costume by then I'll definitely go =D

hehe I have mine ^_^ tht I wore at SC and I might be bringing it as well to this ^_^

And Cpardo lol I knew that was you! I wasn't sure so I didn;t say hi cus I didn't wnat ot make a fool of myself for mistaking someone for you lol

Mina-chan
05-14-2008, 04:46 AM
Omigosh another Gasukan coming up so quickly!! x_______X;; and before finals kyahah xDD;; this is like a relief and another stress-inducer...

hmm the only cosplay I can think that remotely fits this theme is Cait Sith @w@;; unless I can pull one from my bum in 3 weeks... doubtful lol (reusing cosplays ftw? TwT)

aa! is gasworks a kinda public place? I've never been there OwO;;

Perzephone
05-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Omigosh another Gasukan coming up so quickly!! x_______X;; and before finals kyahah xDD;; this is like a relief and another stress-inducer...

hmm the only cosplay I can think that remotely fits this theme is Cait Sith @w@;; unless I can pull one from my bum in 3 weeks... doubtful lol (reusing cosplays ftw? TwT)

aa! is gasworks a kinda public place? I've never been there OwO;;

Yes it is a public place ^_^ its a nice park! by the water!

StrawberryLum
05-14-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm so behind on this.
Apologies for not going to the last Gasukan, I was sick just like last time. >_< What is up with that? *sigh* I dunno. I just know I am making it to this one if I have to come on a stretcher and have to be posed like a marionette. This theme/location just rocks too hard to miss.
I'll be going as Alice and Lum (hope I'm not stepping on your toes, Kumi, by doing such.) as, IMO, they fit the theme. I'm sure I'll end up coming up with something else as well.

Darkain
05-14-2008, 09:35 PM
mmm, it seems as though these plans were formed during my absense due to travels (which i'm still away on)

i regret to inform you all that myself (Vince/Darkain) and a few of my fellow Gasukaners will be unable to make this next gathering, due to us having a small event down in Oregon that weekend. Hopefully we can setup something in July that doesnt confict too much with out-of-state travels at that point.

cpardo
05-15-2008, 12:09 AM
i regret to inform you all that myself (Vince/Darkain) and a few of my fellow Gasukaners will be unable to make this next gathering, due to us having a small event down in Oregon that weekend.

Don't worry Darkain they'll be more Gasukans.

I said in August I was going to Otakon but that may not be definite as we're having trouble finding a hotel room. If I have to cancel no problem gives an extra weekend for a possible Gasukan.

Purchased the woven sandals and socks for the Bleach costume. Also the extra "prop" is on its way. Still deciding what else to cosplay though--up in the air.

Ritsuko
05-15-2008, 04:29 PM
How long is the next meet going to run? I'd like to be able to show, but I was pm'ed and told that another event that was planned in mid-April was planned for the same day. ;.;

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=144629

So, I'd like to go to both, as I loves me my Avatar, but would also like to cosplay Bleach with people (as my gf isn't into that fandom). Will the shoot be lasting as late as the last one?

cpardo
05-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah the Gasukan's go from like noon until like 4 or 5, then we'll say "let's go eat dinner at...." and that's it. So you can come and go as you please.

Although I don't know if Bleach will be all day or part of the day for some people. Me myself I'll wear Bleach part of the day and then something else, maybe 1 or 2 more costume changes.

The~Wind
05-15-2008, 06:12 PM
I dunno if I can actually show up this time. I've got finals that next week and the way my classes are going these days... I need to buckle down and study like no tomorrow.

I might try and show up, but Miss Michi is not making any promises.

Lady Shinsei
05-15-2008, 07:41 PM
About timing: Glad it won't be too long, because I am only able to stay until a bit before 5pm - so I don't miss the last #31 bus to get home.

Oh, and there might be a Cosplay newbie attending who's a co-worker/bud of mine (he's still working on what to wear, but so far he's highly interested in trying to come as Inuyasha).

SvK
05-15-2008, 10:30 PM
I didn't leave May's Gasukan until 9:40PM.

cpardo
05-15-2008, 10:51 PM
I didn't leave May's Gasukan until 9:40PM.

Oh, well I mean we're at the park or photo taking area until like 5, then we do whatever.

Perzephone
05-15-2008, 10:56 PM
btw guys I posted the link to my photos from Last Gasukan...Ye sI know its late :P oh well its in the other thread

Ritsuko
05-15-2008, 11:39 PM
well, I'll get there around/after 3pm, and hopefully peeps might still be dressed in Bleach.

MichikoTerra
05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
YAY, I can go! My Friend and I are going as the Pokemon Emerald main characters. And then one of our friends might be going as a pokemon breeder. *Is excited*

Dante-chan
05-16-2008, 03:40 PM
I may do this...
I wanta fix up a lot of my other costumes.
Maybe I can talk to one of friends about fixing up the Fuu costume since it was to big for me when it was made, and I had go as her ova version. The armor didn't get finished ether.
I also have my Kuja costume that needs some fixing, that I could wear.

xSnow
05-16-2008, 05:45 PM
YAY, I can go! My Friend and I are going as the Pokemon Emerald main characters. And then one of our friends might be going as a pokemon breeder. *Is excited*

Oh sweet! More Pokemon cosplay!
It'll be old school vs. new school O:<

lelek
05-17-2008, 01:39 AM
I've never done Gasukan, but if I'm not working I might be able to make it. If I can go, that would be exciting! I'd be Allen Walker and my sister would probably come along as Misa. I'll cross my fingers for a friendly work schedule. ^^

Lady Shinsei
05-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Woohoo! With all the pokemon cosplayers showing up, it'll make up for me in having missed out on the photoshoot that took place the 1st day of SakuraCon (I'd been shopping in the exhibitor's room when that happened).

Awesome cosplay news: I got my fishing tackle box! And it's pretty cool-looking, though I hope to 'pokemon-ify' it and make it even cooler.

Does anyone think that gummy worms would be a fun treat to bring as a gag? ^o^;

Perzephone
05-18-2008, 01:51 AM
I'll be doing 2 costumes Rukia in her white death reaper outfit when she in prison and Pokemon Dawn! YAY!

cpardo
05-18-2008, 02:34 AM
I'll be doing 2 costumes Rukia in her white death reaper outfit when she in prison and Pokemon Dawn! YAY!

Cool that'll go perfect with Ichigo and friends. Lots of photo ideas are coming to me..

Perzephone
05-18-2008, 03:15 AM
hehe I so can't wait man! You don't know! I was going to go fabric shopping today but the weather distracted me and so did my brother inlaws invite to go on his boat! ;) so I did that and well LOL I got me a nice tan and slightly sunburnt scalp Owie :\ oh well I guess that I have become pale now since the weather has been nothing but clouds till today and yesterday ^^

xSnow
05-18-2008, 03:42 AM
Woohoo! With all the pokemon cosplayers showing up, it'll make up for me in having missed out on the photoshoot that took place the 1st day of SakuraCon (I'd been shopping in the exhibitor's room when that happened).

Awesome cosplay news: I got my fishing tackle box! And it's pretty cool-looking, though I hope to 'pokemon-ify' it and make it even cooler.

Does anyone think that gummy worms would be a fun treat to bring as a gag? ^o^;

Yeah I missed out on the Sunday pokemon photoshoot when I was dressed as Ash. D: But then I made my own mini-one by hunting down an Eevee, Poliwhirl, and pokeball cosplayer :B

lawl gummy worms! xD That would be amazing.
I need to help my Misty find her Togepi plushie... ahhh I'm excited.

Perzephone
05-18-2008, 04:35 AM
Ebay! and or amazon that is where I got my Piplup plushie at

shadownet752
05-18-2008, 12:50 PM
okay so i am able to go now... although i will be a little late cause i'm getting off work at 1, but if all things go well i'll be attending as Beat from "The World Ends With You/It's a Wonderful World" anyone else interested in makin a group?!?!

ultimaaa
05-18-2008, 04:55 PM
okay so i am able to go now... although i will be a little late cause i'm getting off work at 1, but if all things go well i'll be attending as Beat from "The World Ends With You/It's a Wonderful World" anyone else interested in makin a group?!?!

AAAAAH, NOOOOOO. T_____T Darn, now I wish I wasn't set on doing Takato or else I'd wear Neku again. But I wore him at last Gasukan... *cry*

x0g33k0x
05-18-2008, 05:11 PM
AAAAAH, NOOOOOO. T_____T Darn, now I wish I wasn't set on doing Takato or else I'd wear Neku again. But I wore him at last Gasukan... *cry*

You could do rori neku...>XD *plots* Just kidding. :3

Rai_Kamishiro
05-18-2008, 07:36 PM

8D Oooooor you could bring both so we could do some group pictures~~

x0g33k0x
05-18-2008, 09:36 PM
8D Oooooor you could bring both so we could do some group pictures~~

I told her that, but she travels light. lol.

Buuuuttt....she nao haz backpacks...yuss? :D?

ultimaaa
05-18-2008, 09:47 PM
>___>; You guys win.

x0g33k0x
05-18-2008, 09:55 PM

LOL. I think you have a group! XD

ULTIMAAA: XD That's right we do. ILU!

babybrowns
05-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Jesus christ you all look awesome.
(well, Rai's cosplaying Joshua so she doesn't look awesome she looks "faaaabuloouuuus")

Rai_Kamishiro
05-18-2008, 10:51 PM
>___>; You guys win.

8DDD yaaaaaay:heart::heart::heart: (If it's too much crap to lug around, I'm sure you could stash your stuff in Jimcar~~)

ultimaaa
05-18-2008, 11:07 PM
8DDD yaaaaaay:heart::heart::heart: (If it's too much crap to lug around, I'm sure you could stash your stuff in Jimcar~~)

:DDD (That works for me~)

shadownet752
05-19-2008, 12:13 PM
LOL. I think you have a group! XD

ULTIMAAA: XD That's right we do. ILU!

HELL YEAH WEWU group!!! i didn't expect such a good response from people but now i'm hella excited! and i think my friends coming as rhyme so we're golden! also i'll be bringing some pins i made from the game, they're a little big, but they get the point across
pins---> http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1520058/ .

Also i was thinking of doing a timer drawn on my palm with make-up, but does anyone know what i can put on top of that to keep it from smearing? clear nail polish possibly?

ultimaaa
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
To keep makeup from smudging, spray hairspray over it (provided you aren't allergic to it or anything). It should hold it enough that it won't smudge.

Aah yay, group! :D We didn't have a Beat cosplayer before, but now we do. So happy~~~.

Perzephone
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
hey Ultimaaa I got a cute pic for you :D and the 2 others I forgot there names :\ sorry :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Perzephone/l_9e69af038bfdff8953a7a827632969e2.jpg

Justke
05-19-2008, 08:29 PM
oh dood. I'm liking the Subarashiki group forming here :D I'm gonna join you guys and bring my Rhyme cosplay! (that hasn't been made yet, yay!) hahahaha. I think I'm bringing 2 costumes to this one ^^~ gonna do a calendar art of Rhode from DGM as well. hehe. This one'll be fun :]~~

Lady Shinsei
05-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Awesome to see that TWEWU is getting some major lovin' this next GK. I so badly want to get that game now. :skidude2:

Speaking of lugging stuff around, I'm so glad that I'll have easier-to-carry items with me this time (having to constantly adjust my dad's mage hat/keep it from falling off and carting around a staff and my brother's electro-spinner was annoying...especially on the busride home). All I have to bring to this GK is a lightweight fishing pole (looks like the "Old Rod" from the games...LOL) and my tackle box (which is also lightweight, even with stuff in it).

...And I'm definitely bringing some gummy worms to share!!!

x0g33k0x
05-20-2008, 12:51 AM
hey Ultimaaa I got a cute pic for you :D and the 2 others I forgot there names :\ sorry :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Perzephone/l_9e69af038bfdff8953a7a827632969e2.jpg

lol. Hi there! I'm Lee, the bright pink thing in that picture. :D

shadownet752: AWESOME PINS! &I agree with Ultimaaa, hairspray is what dancers use to keep their eccentric stage makeup on for shows.

shadownet752
05-20-2008, 01:45 AM
To keep makeup from smudging, spray hairspray over it (provided you aren't allergic to it or anything). It should hold it enough that it won't smudge.

Aah yay, group! :D We didn't have a Beat cosplayer before, but now we do. So happy~~~.

cool! i never woulda thought of hairspray, good thing i'm not allergic ^_^ i can't wait to see how the group turns out! what time are you guys planning to get there?

ultimaaa
05-20-2008, 02:48 AM
Ummm, well we generally aim for the normal start time of noon, but things tend to happen and I know I usually don't show up until around 1-ish (due to something stupid like missing the bus or oversleeping). x0g33k0x lives with me, so we'll be showing up together. Not sure about everyone else tho. ^^

Perzephone
05-20-2008, 03:05 AM
lol. Hi there! I'm Lee, the bright pink thing in that picture. :D

shadownet752: AWESOME PINS! &I agree with Ultimaaa, hairspray is what dancers use to keep their eccentric stage makeup on for shows.

Hi Lee ^_^ I'm Alli

x0g33k0x
05-20-2008, 03:41 AM
lol. Punctuality for Gasukan? Errr...^^;

Hello thar Alli! :)

Airika
05-20-2008, 03:45 AM
Har, I haven't posted on the Gasukan posts in awhile now, but I went last time and planning to this time too! I'm excited to return to Gasworks again :3 though I'm unsure of what cosplays I'll bring.

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-20-2008, 11:27 AM
I'll be bringing cookies again.

Perzephone
05-20-2008, 12:10 PM
YAY For Cookies! I missed out on them last GAsukan lol I was late ;P

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-20-2008, 12:19 PM
I'll be able to make more this time.

Heat
05-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Gah! I've no idea who to bring XD!
I'm uber excited for this though I haven't been to a Gasukan since Feburary DX! Toooooo long!

lilithfire
05-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Ill probably bring pizza since I forgot to bring it the last time. (Gomen.) My costumes better be arriving soon cuz I cannot wait. (Ive never tried yellow contacts so im psyched! lol)

Looks like the groups are gonna be evenly distributed for this gasukan. It should be a really good shoot. :rockon:

cpardo
05-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Mmmm pizza I wish I could eat it. :bigcry:

Hitokiri, I got a portable radio/cd player now that's small enough to fit in my shoulder bag. I can bring that so I don't have to rely on yours. :) I'll probably make more CDs hopefully too. Maybe I can find some Bleach OST BGM.

x0g33k0x
05-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I'll be bringing cake again. lol. &this time I'll remember plates and stuff. lol. ^^; Just not sure how big it should be...O_____o?

shadownet752
05-20-2008, 09:29 PM
i'll bring chex mix!! haha yay costco!!

ultimaaa
05-20-2008, 10:04 PM
I'll be bringing cake again. lol. &this time I'll remember plates and stuff. lol. ^^; Just not sure how big it should be...O_____o?

hueg liek xbox

I'll uh, make sure to grab a knife and not a spoon to cut it with. XD

lilithfire
05-21-2008, 01:08 AM

Same here. :( Ill just have to the other people eat it with tears in my eyes and water in my mouth. lol:geek:

SHADOWNET: Ditto on the Costco. Hahaha! Thats were the pizzas are coming from.

Lady Shinsei
05-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Did I hear someone say they were bringing a CD boombox? That would be totally awesome, if I could have the chance to use it at some point for all the Pokemon cosplayers (I'll bring my Poke-hits CD). And maybe the Naruto theme song CD that I've got, in case there's enough Naruto cosplayers to make it worthwhile.

TseUq
05-21-2008, 01:29 AM

Ya thats right you bring your cake!! And Ill eat it XDDD because I didnt get any last time T_T lol~

x0g33k0x
05-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Ya thats right you bring your cake!! And Ill eat it XDDD because I didnt get any last time T_T lol~

XDDD You want hueg liek xbox as ultimaaa says? mwahaha! I don't think I even have a pan that big...>>;

falore
05-21-2008, 01:47 AM
TWEWY! <3 Except this Gasukan is also the most fortunate day of my SAT test. Go ME. Regardless of how things work out though, I am happy for more Subarashiki cosplay. This game needs more loving~~

Btw, I'm the other one that has yet to be named, har har. Fanny/falore desu, very pleased to meet you! ^ ^

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-21-2008, 02:06 AM

Hitokiri, I got a portable radio/cd player now that's small enough to fit in my shoulder bag. I can bring that so I don't have to rely on yours. :) I'll probably make more CDs hopefully too. Maybe I can find some Bleach OST BGM.

Cool. Will still bring mine.

ultimaaa
05-21-2008, 02:19 AM
XDDD You want hueg liek xbox as ultimaaa says? mwahaha! I don't think I even have a pan that big...>>;

IMPROVISE! :D I'm sure if you start early you could make several that can be stacked on top of each other into one super-cake. :3

Perzephone
05-21-2008, 02:20 AM
TWEWY! <3 Except this Gasukan is also the most fortunate day of my SAT test. Go ME. Regardless of how things work out though, I am happy for more Subarashiki cosplay. This game needs more loving~~

Btw, I'm the other one that has yet to be named, har har. Fanny/falore desu, very pleased to meet you! ^ ^

Hey there Falore/Fanny ^_^ I'm alli or perzy or perzephone lol

oh and I'll bring some water too :) that is if I can find a cooler I can borrow lol

x0g33k0x
05-21-2008, 02:40 AM

*A* FAAANNNYYYY. Good luck your SATs!!! :bigtu: You can doooo ettttt!

shadownet752
05-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Same here. :( Ill just have to the other people eat it with tears in my eyes and water in my mouth. lol:geek:

SHADOWNET: Ditto on the Costco. Hahaha! Thats were the pizzas are coming from.

oh i know costco pretty much has EVERYTHING!

Rai_Kamishiro
05-21-2008, 03:21 PM

T_T GOOD LUCK FANNY~~!

Is you goinG to make it to the meet late, or is there no Fanny!Rhyme at all?

falore
05-21-2008, 06:11 PM
T_T GOOD LUCK FANNY~~!

Is you goinG to make it to the meet late, or is there no Fanny!Rhyme at all?

I will maybe be late?

D8 HOW COULD I MISS ANOTHER SUBASEKAI SHOOT?!

x0g33k0x
05-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I will maybe be late?

D8 HOW COULD I MISS ANOTHER SUBASEKAI SHOOT?!

YAY! I know I'm going to be late...*3*; Lolita day meetup. lol. Then I'm going to have to figure out how to get to Gas Works. XD

xSnow
05-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Did I hear someone say they were bringing a CD boombox? That would be totally awesome, if I could have the chance to use it at some point for all the Pokemon cosplayers (I'll bring my Poke-hits CD). And maybe the Naruto theme song CD that I've got, in case there's enough Naruto cosplayers to make it worthwhile.

Just so you know, my Pokemon group is bring an Ipod stereo, and we will have pretty much any Pokemon song you could ever want. C: So we'll definitely be set up for us, and if there's any other songs people would like to play it on, I'm sure we won't be using it every second of the day.

Justke
05-21-2008, 09:31 PM
@Falore; good luck on your SATs!!!!! I hope you can make it, so we can be twins~ :D

I just got my Rhyme wig in the mail today....... AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL. It feels like real hair and doesn't smell like old people (like Roxas and Namine did before I styled them) x______x now all I need to do is get fabric and some shortalls and a bell (daisooo~~~) and I should be good. I dunno what to do about the beanie though, it's like a poofie beret with intense beanie-fabric....I hope I get lucky and find something that'll fit my head D: -has a fat head- otherwise I'll just make one.

SvK
05-21-2008, 10:34 PM
IMPROVISE! :D I'm sure if you start early you could make several that can be stacked on top of each other into one super-cake. :3

Make five cakes with red, blue, green, yellow, and black frosting respectively. Make them lion-shaped.

Kumi-chan
05-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Wai~! My Orihime wig arrived! And the fiber's so pretty! \^o^/

It doesn't have bangs, just face-framing ones, but cutting it shouldn't be a problem. The color's perfect! Now I'm waiting for my hair clips to show up.

I still need to find pants. And figure out which shoes to get. Why do none of the reference images I have show her below the waist? (Probably a stupid question, but still!)

Now to work on Ryoga. Stupid work, this is my first day off since Mother's Day *grumble* Stop getting sick everyone! I'm tired!

falore
05-22-2008, 12:09 AM
@Falore; good luck on your SATs!!!!! I hope you can make it, so we can be twins~ :D

I just got my Rhyme wig in the mail today....... AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL. It feels like real hair and doesn't smell like old people (like Roxas and Namine did before I styled them) x______x now all I need to do is get fabric and some shortalls and a bell (daisooo~~~) and I should be good. I dunno what to do about the beanie though, it's like a poofie beret with intense beanie-fabric....I hope I get lucky and find something that'll fit my head D: -has a fat head- otherwise I'll just make one.

Thank you for the well-wishing! And now I really hope I can make it so we can be twins! It'd be pretty darn cute. :3

Hope you gets lucky with hat finding~~~ (some parts of her costume are actually hard when you think about it..... like the shoes.... ;^;)

ultimaaa
05-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Make five cakes with red, blue, green, yellow, and black frosting respectively. Make them lion-shaped.

I will bring this up with the person who does the actual cake-making. I just provide the (wrong) utensils and cake-eating. :3

Fannyyy should change her forum avatar to one of her Rhyme, since all of us who are doing TWEWY seem to be following that trend. XD

Perzephone
05-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Wai~! My Orihime wig arrived! And the fiber's so pretty! \^o^/

It doesn't have bangs, just face-framing ones, but cutting it shouldn't be a problem. The color's perfect! Now I'm waiting for my hair clips to show up.

I still need to find pants. And figure out which shoes to get. Why do none of the reference images I have show her below the waist? (Probably a stupid question, but still!)

Now to work on Ryoga. Stupid work, this is my first day off since Mother's Day *grumble* Stop getting sick everyone! I'm tired!

Rock on! I'm still waiting on my wigs :D they got sent out 3 days ago hehe. Did you get them at the ebay seller I recommended or Cosworx?

Oh and Fanny GL on your SAT's I thought I wished you well on my last post but I guess I was so tired I dreamnt it doh

Justke
05-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Fannyyy should change her forum avatar to one of her Rhyme, since all of us who are doing TWEWY seem to be following that trend. XD

she should, join the conformity~! XD mmm cake.

x0g33k0x
05-22-2008, 02:23 AM

XDDD *speechless*

Or maybe I should just make a bunch of cupcakes and make them look like a cake...would make for easier distribution. (?__?) Any objections to this TseUq dear? They are technically going to be for you. :3

Kumi-chan
05-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Perzephone: The seller from ebay. I'll probably stick with cosworx most of the time--with the shipping from the ebay seller, it's not that much of a difference in price and cosworx gets it to me quicker--but I'm definitely not disappointed.

Hnn, I don't wanna make Ryoga's backpack! But I'm not having any luck finding something close enough and big enough anywhere I'm checking. I need a canvas or leather camping/hiking bag in brown with pockets and a flap-top, and I'm not seeing it. Ebay wasn't any help at all, and I can't find anything at any of the local thrift shops or army surplus/outdoor stores.

Plus I'm broke right now. I think my only option is to spend $10 on fabric and make it myself...but I don't wanna >.<
(But I don't wanna be Ryoga without the backpack either...I'm already compromising on the wig)

shadownet752
05-22-2008, 11:13 AM
XDDD *speechless*

Or maybe I should just make a bunch of cupcakes and make them look like a cake...would make for easier distribution. (?__?) Any objections to this TseUq dear? They are technically going to be for you. :3

*slicks hair back taking a firm stance and pointing striaght ahead*

OBJECTION!

just kidding :bigtu: haha

falore
05-23-2008, 02:33 AM

I CONFORMED. XD
And thanks to everyone for the SAT luck because I'm pretty sure I'll need it 8D;;

keropan
05-23-2008, 03:23 AM
Late to the party, just got back from vacation....

Bzuh, no more Digimon group then? ;A; I may be able to mock up my Naruto wig into Ishida Yamato (Digimon season 01), sans brown gloves and brown shoes however! D: I'll see what I can do about those though...

*mull mull mull*

Ah, otherwise, have no idea what I'd bring. Maybe I'll just go plainclothes and take pictures! It isn't often that we see fellow cosplayers out of.. cosplays, anyway. 8D

saimon
05-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Hm...I still need figure what I'm gonna cosplay as.
;_;

cpardo
05-23-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking of starting to do some writeups for Gasukan, maybe just like diaries of any significant happenings good or bad, large groups of cosplayers from a certain anime/manga/game, anything fun I was a part of.

Also maybe for the 1st anniversary of Gasukan I may come up with an article to feature at anipike.com. That would definitely garner more interest and exposure.

As for costumes, "necessary accessory" is on its way. Woven sandals and socks should be shipping soon, as well as other Bleach props. Also a gi should be coming as well. And I'm gathering accessories for something else too.

Rose of Malice
05-23-2008, 09:12 PM
I've not ever been to a Gasukan shoot before and would have loved to have made this my first, but June 7th is my graduation day. :|

I'm hoping to come in June, though. Have fun everyone!

lilithfire
05-24-2008, 01:19 AM
someone got her yellow contacts today......:crylaugh:

x0g33k0x
05-24-2008, 02:16 AM
*slicks hair back taking a firm stance and pointing striaght ahead*

OBJECTION!

just kidding :bigtu: haha

XDDD Awesome.

lilithfire: Congrats on getting your contacts! Just how yellow are they? :D?

Perzephone
05-24-2008, 02:50 AM
They are like super yellow! she sent me a pic and I was like HOLY HAWTNESS! It looks good ^_^ Now for her costume lol

cpardo
05-24-2008, 02:55 AM
someone got her yellow contacts today......:crylaugh:

I'm bringing a new little friend to Gasukan that Yoruichi might like...:)

AznTranquility
05-24-2008, 05:13 AM
soO how many Bleachers will be there?

XD cuz...COUNT ME IN!

lilithfire
05-24-2008, 02:37 PM
XDDD Awesome.

lilithfire: Congrats on getting your contacts! Just how yellow are they? :D?

Its not as yellow as they could be but theyre pretty darn yellow. lol. :geek:

lilithfire
05-24-2008, 02:39 PM
They are like super yellow! she sent me a pic and I was like HOLY HAWTNESS! It looks good ^_^ Now for her costume lol

PLEASE PLEASE, COME HERE EARLY.. :angel: I have pretty decent make-shift costume but it would be nice to get the legit one. Hahaha!

lilithfire
05-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm bringing a new little friend to Gasukan that Yoruichi might like...:)
Does it go, "meow?" *hopes*

cpardo
05-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Does it go, "meow?" *hopes*

It might with a little encouragement, but I think "he" prefers to speak English and stuff (or Japanese if you're watching the Japanese version). He's always talking to me in my room, plus he has this shapeshifting problem, it's really annoying...:angry: :crylaugh:

Perzephone
05-24-2008, 05:18 PM
It might with a little encouragement, but I think "he" prefers to speak English and stuff (or Japanese if you're watching the Japanese version). He's always talking to me in my room, plus he has this shapeshifting problem, it's really annoying...:angry: :crylaugh:

LOL I can't wait to see what it is LOL

ShinWHO
05-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Well SvK, I don't need a generator. I gave Gasworks a complete once-over today and found what I was looking for, electrical outlets.
I have the entire electrical layout of the place, actually. Kinda freaked some people out who were using one of the outlets, as they appearently thought I was the police or city official of some sort:eek:
Anyway...so the questions are...
1. Are people interested / do people care if I bring a Wii?
2. As my sister will almost certainly flake out on me, meaning no car available to me, could someone bring a TV? Can't really fit my HDTV in my backpack:toothy:

xSnow
05-25-2008, 02:51 AM
Well SvK, I don't need a generator. I gave Gasworks a complete once-over today and found what I was looking for, electrical outlets.
I have the entire electrical layout of the place, actually. Kinda freaked some people out who were using one of the outlets, as they appearently thought I was the police or city official of some sort:eek:
Anyway...so the questions are...
1. Are people interested / do people care if I bring a Wii?
2. As my sister will almost certainly flake out on me, meaning no car available to me, could someone bring a TV? Can't really fit my HDTV in my backpack:toothy:

If there's enough interest, I maaaay decide to haul my tv over. It's not too big, but big enough I'd say. But only if there's a lot of interest, because there's always the off-chance it might rain, and my ride isn't sticking around long enough for me to be able to put it back in the car if that happens.

saimon
05-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I got a genius-ish idea for myself for Gasukan...it just hit me upside the head while I was colouring my wig with a sharpie.

I've decided I'm going to attempt a "special" Digimon Frontier cosplay...but I'm not saying any details until I actually make progress on it.
Just in case I wont be able to do it...

The idea looks cool in my head...v.v;

x0g33k0x
05-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Chocolate, Vanilla, Yellow, Cherry, Orange or Marble?

Justke
05-25-2008, 09:08 PM

o.o flavors?

falore
05-25-2008, 10:54 PM

MARBLE. 'Cause that sounds the most interesting :D
Can we only pick one? ^w^

x0g33k0x
05-26-2008, 04:01 AM
o.o flavors?

Cake. :)

falore: Yes, Rhyme dear. Only one. lol.

SvK
05-26-2008, 04:31 AM
MARBLE. 'Cause that sounds the most interesting :D
Can we only pick one? ^w^

Marbles do NOT taste good. Trust me.

shadownet752
05-26-2008, 01:26 PM

but they're so shiny why wouldn't they taste good? ^_^

Justke
05-26-2008, 02:27 PM
but they're so shiny why wouldn't they taste good? ^_^

cuz they're full of poison~ D: how was your camping trip? haha.

falore
05-27-2008, 12:44 AM

But some of them are so colorful and rainbow-y and full of love and unicorns and joy. How could they be poison?! D8 *goes sad in a corner*

ultimaaa
05-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Late to the party, just got back from vacation....

Bzuh, no more Digimon group then? ;A; I may be able to mock up my Naruto wig into Ishida Yamato (Digimon season 01), sans brown gloves and brown shoes however! D: I'll see what I can do about those though...

*mull mull mull*

Ah, otherwise, have no idea what I'd bring. Maybe I'll just go plainclothes and take pictures! It isn't often that we see fellow cosplayers out of.. cosplays, anyway. 8D

Aah, don't worry, we're still doing Digimon! ^^; I would have replied earlier but I was at Anime North this weekend. But yeah. I'm bringing both Takato and Neku since they're simple and easy to transport. Probably will wear Takato first since I need to do my hair for him, and I don't wanna crush it with a wig just yet~.

x0g33k0x
05-27-2008, 01:31 AM
But some of them are so colorful and rainbow-y and full of love and unicorns and joy. How could they be poison?! D8 *goes sad in a corner*

That's because they're drugs. It's all FALSE, to make you want them. *nod nod*

shadownet752
05-27-2008, 11:01 AM
cuz they're full of poison~ D: how was your camping trip? haha.

It was pretty much amazing! I played The World Ends With You the whole weekend and beat it the first time through, now i'm replaying it to get the special ending! ^_^ But other than that I had some time yesterday and picked up supplies for our cosplay get together

Also i found a skateboard for my Beat Costume now it's almost complete!

lilithfire
05-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Someone should bring refreshments just in case it would be a nice sunny day out... :skidude2:

Any suggestions for a self tanner for Yoruichi? My skin is pretty dark to begin with but hers if a little deeper than mine.

cpardo
05-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Don't they have like spray or something you can use? If your skin is already dark though, maybe just a little dark makeup will enhance it.

shadownet752
05-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Aah, don't worry, we're still doing Digimon! ^^; I would have replied earlier but I was at Anime North this weekend. But yeah. I'm bringing both Takato and Neku since they're simple and easy to transport. Probably will wear Takato first since I need to do my hair for him, and I don't wanna crush it with a wig just yet~.

oh wow how was anime north?

lilithfire
05-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Don't they have like spray or something you can use? If your skin is already dark though, maybe just a little dark makeup will enhance it.

Im just worried it would look a little cake-y. lol. Im not the most fantastic make up artist. I dont even wear make up often. lol. I might just find those bronzing lotions or something.....:geek: Thanks for the advice though..

cpardo
05-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Im just worried it would look a little cake-y. lol. Im not the most fantastic make up artist. I dont even wear make up often. lol. I might just find those bronzing lotions or something.....:geek: Thanks for the advice though..

"CAKEY CAKEY!" Sorry I couldn't resist. :crylaugh:

Oh yeah that's what I was thinking of--those special lotions yeah. Actually I do my own makeup, although I've never done others.

Found some Bleach OST music to bring! :)

Justke
05-28-2008, 08:12 PM
It was pretty much amazing! I played The World Ends With You the whole weekend and beat it the first time through, now i'm replaying it to get the special ending! ^_^ But other than that I had some time yesterday and picked up supplies for our cosplay get together

Also i found a skateboard for my Beat Costume now it's almost complete!

hahahaha XD so much for intense bear-wrestling and roughing it out in the wilderness.

nice!!!! and there's even a cool place in Gasworks where skateboarding is possible. (or atleast, there's no grass and small children to run over/on..)

garfieldelric
05-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Um, I will go as Naruto- can I borrow a wig for the costume? PM me if you want to take up my offer.

shadownet752
05-29-2008, 02:45 AM
hahahaha XD so much for intense bear-wrestling and roughing it out in the wilderness.

nice!!!! and there's even a cool place in Gasworks where skateboarding is possible. (or atleast, there's no grass and small children to run over/on..)

yeah with my motor home, x box, DS, satelite tv hahah.
hmmm -___- i like your forum icon, wherever did you get the idea hahahah ^_^ costumes lookin good so far!

Justke
05-29-2008, 01:33 PM
yeah with my motor home, x box, DS, satelite tv hahah.
hmmm -___- i like your forum icon, wherever did you get the idea hahahah ^_^ costumes lookin good so far!

:B I have no clue where I got the idea. A mystery~

ShinWHO
05-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Just curious... any of you Pokémon peeps play the games much? After the overwhelming response to my Wii idea, I figured I'd go with that instead. It's a little more convenient and portable.
Don't forget to get the cheapest Pokémon ever at Toys R Us this weekend. Dark Void for the win!

Perzephone
05-31-2008, 05:23 PM
I is a Pokemon player ^_^ lol but I haven't touched Diamond in like 2 months been to busy with work :P. I used to play it non stop when I was at Nintendo of America last year. but I'll be cosplaying as Dawn as well as Rukia from Bleach teehee

saimon
05-31-2008, 07:00 PM
I am excited now.
First off my tentative cosplay gorup will be having our little meeting there...as far s I know none of them are cosplaying.

I however thought of a great cosplay...doesn't exactly fit the theme...but I'm gonna go through with it.
Not telling anyone what it is yet though.

I have about 80% of it done.
Just need to finish the wig, get some non-smudge make-up for my face, and make my props.
Then I'll be set.
>3

Lady Shinsei
06-01-2008, 01:06 AM
On the topic of pokemon: Haven't played Diamond since the week after SakuraCon... heh heh. (namely because I've been too absorbed in unlocking all the lovely unlockable content in the game "Bleach: Blade of Fate")

Btw, I got several bags of gummy worms to bring!!!

xSnow
06-01-2008, 01:36 PM
@ShinWHO

I actually never played Blue or Red - when I really started to like Pokemon (back in like, 2nd grade or whatever) it was the Johto season. So I bought Crystal because you could play as a girl, and it's forever been my favorite. I caught every Pokemon that you didn't need a different game/to attend an event for, and besides Dialga, my Feraligatr was the only level 100 pokemon I ever had.

:'D Then I played those remakes of Red and Blue, like... Fire Red? Yeah. I skipped the Hoenn games, and I bought Pokemon Pearl when it came out.

But my favorite Pokemon games are definitely Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium. o__o <3

@Lady Shinsei

xD oh sweet! Man I still have to make new gloves for Ash (and help our Todd with his costume. pff.) >__< and I've only got a week left! better get to it.

cpardo
06-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Wow I look forward to taking photos of the Pokemon cosplayers. I'm a big fan of the anime and I've only played Pokemon Blue (old school yay!), but I was pretty good at training bird pokemon.

I don't have a pokemon cosplay YET. Perhaps later this summer I may do something. I was thinking of being Gary from the original storyline.

ShinWHO
06-01-2008, 06:03 PM
I is a Pokemon player ^_^ lol but I haven't touched Diamond in like 2 months been to busy with work :P. I used to play it non stop when I was at Nintendo of America last year. but I'll be cosplaying as Dawn as well as Rukia from Bleach teehee
What department of NOA did you work in? Maybe our paths have crossed. I've worked on every Pokémon game since Crystal, which makes xSnow saying that was around 2nd grade make me feel really old.
Anyway... unless it rains, or something unexpected happens, I will show up. I'll be the first one there, so look for the guy with the F-ZERO GX cap and say hi, let me get some pictures, play some Pokémon, etc. Thanks!

xSnow
06-02-2008, 01:00 AM
xD Keep in mind I'm only 15. You aren't so old.

cpardo
06-02-2008, 01:19 PM
According to the forecast, there may be some rain, so bring an umbrella just in case. But they have that covered area there that's dry and is great for photo ops.

Perzephone
06-02-2008, 01:37 PM
I worked in the Call center but :) I walked around lol and I have a friend who works in the game testing area who is one of the devs named Gil.
heh I dressedup as Dawn for halloween last year during work :P

ok dumb question...where in the park are we meeting at? the pipes right? just want to make sure :) and are we doing pokemon first or Bleach first? I want to know so I can wear the costume lol and then change into the other one ^_^

Airika
06-02-2008, 02:49 PM
I sure missed out alot on this thread. O_O I'll be cosplaying olds school Ash with my sister as Pikachu. We tend to over-do this cosplay at cons and events alot but it can't seem to be passed up for this Gasukan XD

Perzephone
06-02-2008, 04:16 PM
NICE! I can't wait to get pics with you guys again hehe ^_^ cus the ones I got with you 2 came out blurry /sniff but you already knew that :P anyway can't wiat for saturday and we going pokemon first of bleach? and we meeting at the pipes in the middle of the park correct?

TseUq
06-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Wow I fail at the replying thing XD ROFL T__T

Mmmm spongy carby goodness is good in whatever format XDDD lol so whatever is easiest ^^ *bounces* and OMG MARBLE <3 XDD yummmm! *as you can see, gets very excited over desserts XD* <- should cosplay L or honey-sempai rofl

Except =_= I looked at my work schedule when I came home from Fanime and for whatever reason, everysingle time/day I booked off for that weekend... I am now working *twitch* 0.o And it doesnt seem like there is anyone who can cover for me ;__; Im going to try my hardest to make things work (possibly switch shifts with someone and work on my birthday to get the Saturday for Gasukan off) But its not looking very good atm V__V

Fang of Critias
06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
It's a week until go-date and my Ginko wig still hasn't arrived yet... at this point I'm even willing to obtain a Bleach uniform just so I don't need to cosplay Light again.

xSnow
06-02-2008, 08:07 PM
As for Pokemon, my group (me as Ash, and a Misty, Todd & Pikachu) is going to be wearing those costumes the entire time. So I think it's up to you guys for what you want to do first, Bleach or Pokemon, but I'll be chillin' all day.

ultimaaa
06-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Except =_= I looked at my work schedule when I came home from Fanime and for whatever reason, everysingle time/day I booked off for that weekend... I am now working *twitch* 0.o And it doesnt seem like there is anyone who can cover for me ;__; Im going to try my hardest to make things work (possibly switch shifts with someone and work on my birthday to get the Saturday for Gasukan off) But its not looking very good atm V__V

Noooo, my fellow Canadian must come! Or else I won't get to see you until Kumori and that would be TRAGIC. *FLAIL*

Lilbeeze
06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
hi im the one going as Misty in xsnows group
and i would like to say:
EW RAIN
... god im going to be freezing the entire time....
YAY FOR BRINGING LOTS OF BLANKETS......

Rikkizilla
06-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I just found my "long lost" box of Digimon Battle Cards... I GUESS THAT MEANS I'M SET FOR GASUKAN! XD;

But... but...

TSEUQ I WILL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT ;___; D:!

shadownet752
06-03-2008, 02:26 AM
OMG EPIC UPDATE!!!

It's called "Aki-con Anime and Manga Festival"

So for those within the seattle area i've just heard about another convention coming to town at the Lynnwood Convention Center on September 14th. I heard about it through a local manga company NDP Comics (you should check em out) and i mean JUST been anounced and is so new the site is yet to be up for it, but it's a very inexpensive con a fee of like 10$. It'll have artists alleys, AMV and cosplay contests, and of course dealer rooms! sorry if this is a little off topic but i'm pretty excited about it and i figured you guys would love to hear about potential cosplay ops, so spread the word!

shadownet out...

x0g33k0x
06-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Wow I fail at the replying thing XD ROFL T__T

Mmmm spongy carby goodness is good in whatever format XDDD lol so whatever is easiest ^^ *bounces* and OMG MARBLE <3 XDD yummmm! *as you can see, gets very excited over desserts XD* <- should cosplay L or honey-sempai rofl

(;A;*) NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also....ashjfishfoa;dfyoumetJin.;alqfdjieporgakjsj /fangirling

Kumi-chan
06-03-2008, 12:58 PM
shadownet: That's so awesome! I live about 15 minutes away from there! I was wondering if they were ever going to do an anime event at the new convention center.

One day...I hope I can get the time off.

Justke
06-03-2008, 01:35 PM
wow, that's awesome!!! It's so close by/cheap too :D yay~

Thanks for sharing about that Shadow ^^