PDA

View Full Version : Original Costumes and EGL at Otakon

makonurikoryoko
06-22-2003, 12:50 AM
I was just wondering if anyone else was bringing original costumes or elegant gothic lolitas and would perhaps want to have some little photo thing ::imagines many lolitas in fluffy skirts running around:: :D I was going to wear my EGL friday night just wanted to see if anyone else is up for anything... if not than tell us about your original costumes! lol

Lyn
06-22-2003, 12:19 PM
Most of the EGLs and EGAs I know of are doing their thing earlier on Friday, mostly around the morning. I'm doing an EGA myself Friday morning since there is going to be a tea party for it hosted by Jezeroth.

makonurikoryoko
06-22-2003, 01:13 PM
^_^ well maybe i shoul dwear mine friday morning then hehe

Kaede
06-22-2003, 05:34 PM
When I'm not in costume I'll be in EGL...look for the girl with the frilly pink skirt ^____^

Mara
06-22-2003, 06:25 PM
A tea party! cool! Is it for everyone, or is a private thing?

makonurikoryoko
06-22-2003, 06:35 PM
lol if it is private im up for starting my own tea party! lol ^_^
Kaede will you be in it on Friday? :D DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDoes anyone actually want to take a big EGL shot or Im I just being silly? XD
I cant wait to see evryone!!
<~~::is so excited::

lunasreincarnat
06-22-2003, 06:40 PM
im bringing 2 originals and a GL but its not ever elegant.... its just cutsey.....

makonurikoryoko
06-22-2003, 06:46 PM
lol yeah mines cutsey too XD but its ok... its not very lolita either cause its gona have some clevage lol... ^_^ its still fun though!

LadyXenie
06-22-2003, 06:56 PM
Well I'm going to be an EGL kitty on Friday nite and Saturday..I can't wait to see everyone in their wonderful bouncy clothing! ^_^;;

Kaede
06-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by makonurikoryoko
Kaede will you be in it on Friday? :D
Sure I'll be there for the photoshoot. What time were you thinking of?

makonurikoryoko
06-22-2003, 07:04 PM
ummmmmmmmm o.O lol what s good for you? I guess ill wear my EGl till like 4 or 5 then change into azumanga... so lol sometime befor ethen ^^
Oh and by next week Ill have pics up of my dress!!! XD Wearing it to the Boston picnic YAY

Kaede
06-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Oh then I'll get a preview of it ^^ Humm I'll try to get out of my Mana costume before those times but 4 would be nice maybe possibly.

makonurikoryoko
06-22-2003, 08:48 PM
lol ok 4 sound good for me cause i wa sthinking if i go from EGL to Azumanga then id have to get my hair un ick y from being under a wig so its probably alot better to go from Azumanga to EGL outfits! So ill be sure to change by 4 ^^ oo yeah youre goin to the picnic too arent ya

SailorAndromeda
06-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Ooo....well, I have yet to make an EGL costume, but I have plans to try and make an EGL version of a character. So if it works, I just might wear it Friday ^^

Kaede
06-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Okay 4 it is then. Now for the location?
But just an announcement/reminder: there's supposed to be a jrock gathering before/during the TMR concert. That is all *tunes out*

makonurikoryoko
06-22-2003, 10:01 PM
when the concert? do you know?! ::is in suspense::

Kaede
06-22-2003, 10:16 PM
No but I really wish I did. I checked the Otakon site and they haven't posted the schedule yet ^^; but I hope it's not before 7...

makonurikoryoko
06-23-2003, 12:02 AM
ok ^_^ heheh hmm i guess we should meet... i wish there were some place gothic in the con center lol
by the flags? by the entrance? oo the choices

chibistarpower
06-23-2003, 02:58 AM
ohhhh, I'm being a EGL version of Chi and maybe my own egl costume and some of my friends are going as thier own chars and egl chars ^_^ kewl

makonurikoryoko
06-23-2003, 03:03 AM
^_^ ooo yay!!! You shoul djoin us friday and we can tak ethe biggest fluffiest picture ever lol

Lyn
06-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, the tea party is not private.
http://www.livejournal.com/community/otakon/163234.html - here's all the information about it. But if you guys won't be in costume that early, thats ok. (though the tea party will prolly last until around noon) I can't make any afternoon groups for it because I have a J-Rock group I'm in during that time.

Mara
06-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Wow, the tea party sounds awesome. Now I want to make petit fours (is that how you spell it?? heh) or some kind of fancy victorian style treat to bring.
Are there some people here who won't be at Otakon by 10AM Friday? If not, we don't have to make a separate time for an EGL photoshoot.

makonurikoryoko
06-24-2003, 01:33 PM
lol i dunno when ill get there... most likely 11 or 12 ;_; Oh well.... lol You'll see me being fluffy later ^^

Kaede
06-24-2003, 01:37 PM
Combining the gathering and photo is a smart idea. If the tea party is supposed to end at 12, we could maybe take photos then?

Lyn
06-24-2003, 01:49 PM
Well, I do believe there will be pictures being taken during it too. I might not be able to stay the entire time since I gotta get in costume for my group after the party and it all depends on when the concert is as to how much time we'll have for that group so if the concert ends up being earlier than we thought, we'd prolly leave the party even earlier. x_x; All depends I guess.

Kaede
06-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Then maybe it would be a good idea to keep things seperate. But, yeah it all depends on tmr. What time is better for people: 10-12am or 4pm?

makonurikoryoko
06-24-2003, 10:56 PM
4 for me but XD dont bbother with me if its a trouble!

Mara
06-24-2003, 11:38 PM
There's so much going on at Otakon this year that my head is spinning, hehe. Anytime is fine for me, I'll be at the tea party, and I'll just make a dash to the changing rooms if there's another EGL shoot any other time at the con.

makonurikoryoko
06-24-2003, 11:43 PM
oo Ive never used th echanging rooms.. can you put your outfits in there? or just carry around your crap?

Kaede
06-25-2003, 12:30 AM
Unless they get lockers I wouldn't trust leaving costumes in there...they would be much appreciated though since I have to do a costume change in 15 min from a character with 15lbs wings to Spike heh ^^;;

Lyn
06-25-2003, 09:27 AM
There's changing rooms? *blink* Or do you guys just mean the bathrooms or is there an actual place besides that that people use? lol I prefer to use the hotel to change in since most of my costumes are too heavy to carry around with me. x_x; I won't be able to make the 4pm one if you guys have it, but I'll definently be at the tea party, so if any of you are there, I'll be on the look out. ^_^

Mara
06-25-2003, 11:00 AM
One of the Otakon staffers posted in another thread that the changing rooms are just for switching outfits~ they won't have any storage space. Ah, well.

makonurikoryoko
06-25-2003, 03:32 PM
ok thats cool, my hotels only ablock away anyhow. :D Im getting closer to finishing my dress yay

oo and Im so excited i just got my wig!! What do you think?
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=51670

Mara
06-25-2003, 06:13 PM
ooo, beautiful! I love the flowery head piece!

Kaede
06-25-2003, 08:42 PM
*is still blinded by the prettiness*

makonurikoryoko
06-26-2003, 01:48 AM
^_^ Thanks glad you like it!! YAY!! Now i can test this puppy out at the boston picnic! ooo I cant wait to see evryones outfits!! Ithink im gonna stop by your tea party anyway to take some cute photos!!! :D

makonurikoryoko
07-01-2003, 08:44 PM
I know its a diuble post but hey this thread could use a bump anyhow... I still dont think I'll be able to make the tea party in costume ><, but anyhow my Gothic lolota dress pics are up incase you want to spot me!

Lyn
07-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I saw those pics in your gallery already. Very nice. ^_^ I'll see if I can spot you at some time during the con. I'll uh, be around, lol.

Mara
07-02-2003, 12:21 AM
You finished it, awesome ^_^ It's such a pretty outfit~ I love it!

this is OT, but I noticed you listed a Mitsuki from Full Moon on your costumes page. Are you wearing it to Otakon? (I'm a huge fan of Arina-sensei ^_^)

makonurikoryoko
07-02-2003, 01:09 AM
::hugs Mara:: XD YAY!! Another Arina lover!!!!!!!! Yes, yes I am wearing Mitsuki to Otakon, I think Saturday morning and or Friday. Im trying to do 2 outfits but I dont kow if I'll have time! we'll see... Anyway ^.^ I love her so!!!

ok now back on topic... um.. lalala... I am thinking of making some more egl dresses later :D I have a feeling this will be a new hobby

Lyn
07-02-2003, 10:33 AM
*is another Arina lover* ^^ Though I haven't actually gotten my hands on any of her manga yet. ;_; I've just seen the anime versions of Full Moon (in fact, I've only seen 1 episode of that but I love it!) and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. Though I've read translations and such of the KKJ manga. ^_^

makonurikoryoko
07-02-2003, 02:23 PM
lol lets change the thread into an Arina Tanemura thread! hehe ooo this makes me wanna change my avatar back to Maron!

Lyn
07-22-2003, 04:11 PM
In an attempt to revive this thread, I posted a few pictures of me and my friends in some EGA/EGL ish type costumes. However, that's not quite what I'm wearing to Otakon though it'll be similar. The coat is actually my friend Steph's coat for her EGA. I'll be wearing a vampire-ish cape and top hat for mine instead. Well...hopefully...^^;;

Mara
07-22-2003, 05:30 PM
ooo, lovely. I especially like the pic of you two in a dancing pose ^_^

I will be wearing some variation of this for the tea party:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=61806

Aggh! Only 2 1/2 more weeks! *goes back to painting J Rock costume* ^_^

Lyn
07-22-2003, 06:16 PM
oooh, pretty. ^_^ Actually, the one of the two people dancing is of my friends Steph and Skoog. ^^; Steph and I were wearing the same coat, so thats why it might be easy to mix us up in those. But yeah, both of them will be there too.

Yeah, its quickly approaching. I have my costumes mostly done (for once) so hopefully I'll have everything ready.

Kaede
07-23-2003, 12:44 PM
You realize that we will all be dying in our fancy velvet and lace if we by chance step outside. Just my mourning hat by itself causes me to overheat...
My camera isn't working, but here's a pic of it:
http://www.starkers.com/mourning.html
And yes, the price makes me love the hat infinately more x_X

LadyXenie
07-23-2003, 01:22 PM
I was thinking about the heat..Hopefully I'll manage..I'm staying at the Wyndam and I just realized it's a little walk. I'm gonna go and look for a parasol today..Must get energy to get dressed..^_^;;

Lyn
07-23-2003, 04:09 PM
I've already been outside in my costume, so I know how hot I'm going to be in it. However, I'm used to it. After all, I had to walk to and from the BCC in my hide costume all weekend last year. *points at avatar* That one. The coat for that is REALLY thick and HOT! But I survived though I had to take it off after a while when I went outside or else risked passing out in the streets. ^^;

Kaede - Wow, that's one expensive hat. But it's so pretty! Can't wait to see!