PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth Wig Help Needed

childdoll
06-22-2003, 09:46 AM
I've never styled a Sephy wig before so I wanted advice on doing so...
1 - What should I use to style it with?
2 - How exactly do I get those spiked bangs he has?
3 - I'd like to use the wig again, so what's the best way to wash it when I'm done? What do I have to use to get the styling stuff out without ruining the wig?

Thanks ^_^

kitty_neko
06-22-2003, 01:31 PM
i suggest just white elmers glue: it has a strong hold and its cheap (i just styled a wig with it and it came out wonderfully, just make sure you dilute the solution slightly with water so that the hair doesnt look like plastic.) to get the bangs to stay up, maybe use a piece of cardboard, but make sure you put something like parchment (sp?) paper over it so that the hair doesnt get stuck to it ^_^;;

about washing it out... i have no clue, but probably just wash the bangs with water like normal...?

good luck! ^_^

Arisa
06-22-2003, 06:18 PM
For Samantha's Aerith bangs (which are very similar to Seph's bangs), Nikki used hair curlers and hairspray. o.o It didn't give a pointy look, but it did give the arched look.

childdoll
06-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Okay, thanks so much for your help and ideas Kitty and Arisa ^_^

Koumori
06-24-2003, 10:04 AM
Yep. Back in my punk days (which was HALF MY LIFETIME AGO - sorry, sorry, panic attack passed now) I used to use a truly foul concoction of hair gel, water and Elmer's glue. Diluted white glue will hold like nothing else once it's dry, and has the advantage of being water-soluble. However, it will be stiff, and you need to be careful not to use so much that it ends up weighing the hair down.

childdoll
06-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Thanks so much for your advice Koumori. Yea, almost everyone I've talked to outside of the site have advocated white elmers glue as well... and here I was all these years smearing it over my palms so I could pull it off when it was dry...and know it also can be used for styling hair. Just another reason to love it! ^_~

cutekawaii
06-27-2003, 04:16 PM
Don't use white O_O If you use white and dont rub it in enough, it'll get allll chunky and gross. Use clear (it's actually blue) elmers instead.

Also try Spiker Blast.

childdoll
06-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Oh I didn't know they made clear. Great, thanks so much for the tip Cutekawaii ^_^ It comes out pretty easily too right? All I'd have to use was wash it out with water and wig shampoo right?

cutekawaii
06-28-2003, 12:44 PM
To get it out, wash it out little by little, starting from the tip. If you dunk the whole thing it, it will tangle.

LadyVincira
06-28-2003, 02:16 PM
First of all, thanx for asking these questions. Most Final Fantasy 7 chars have the spike thing going on, and with me cosplaying one of them....

Anywayz, the idea I was gonna use was wire or something like it. But I heard this from another cosplayer and it might work - EXTENSIONS!! Maybe if you could find a way to attach extensions to the wig, you would gunk up the extensions for the spikes, without harming the wig.

Hope that helps.

childdoll
06-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Thanks cutekawaii, that will save me a hugh hassel ^_^LadyVincira, I would love to do that, but I'm not sure if I can afford the extentions, although I'll shop around online and see what they have to offer, because that's a good idea, thanks ^_^
*huggles to all* thank you guys so much for all the ideas/help!