PDA

View Full Version : Room, Roommate and Ride thread! If you need either, post it here!

Sh!bby
05-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Alright, I apologize if there's already one of these floating around, but I didn't see one, so here it is.

IF YOU NEED A ROOM
-Post when you'll be there (arriving Thurs or Fri, staying all weekend or just one night?)
-Post your age and gender (some people don't want young kids staying in their room full of twentysomethings, and some are weird about mixing genders)
-Post any other pertinent info.

IF YOU NEED A ROOMMATE
-Post what hotel you'll be staying at, and what nights
-How many people you are planning on putting in the room
-Tentatitive cost
-Any other info you feel is necessary (such as any age/gender limits for potential roomies)

IF YOU NEED A RIDE
-Post what city you'll be coming from
-When you are planning on leaving

General questions for those in need may be posted on the thread, but please keep any personal info such as addresses and phone numbers to PM's.

~~~~~~~~

I'd also like to add that I have a friend in Fayetteville who needs a ride up on Thursday, and is willing to split gas cost. He just graduated from college and has a vehicle but it's a p.o.s. with bad gas mileage and can't be trusted to make it very far. I was going to give him a ride, then I realized just how far out of my way (Wilmington) it would be to pick him up and it's really not worth the extra time and money for him, so I'm trying to find a kind soul who'd like a cheaper gas bill and would be passing by Fayetteville on their way up Thursday. He'd be willing to meet at a gas station or something if you don't want to search for his house.

Let me know if you can do this.

yukiko_mori
05-10-2008, 10:01 PM
i have a friend(about 28 ish) who will ned a room for at least saturday, and maybe friday night ish....she doen't know just yet.....

yukiko_mori
05-11-2008, 09:47 PM
hey also i'm offering a ride to any one in the Rocky mount area who plans to leave thursday, i'll need some gass money(of course) but if you want to meet me maybe at the mall(Golden East) i'll take you with me(and Doulble00Beaver and our freind Kort) i currently have about 2 seats left my car hold 5 normal sized people i might be picking osmeone else up on the way to the con in that case the ride from raleigh to the shereton will become a tight squeeze

PM me with details please

Ranma Saotome
05-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Yes I need a few roommates! ^^

Looking to add up to three more people to the room, must be 18+, about $50 per person.

Also need a ride from the DC/Virgina area! I'm looking to catch a ride down, will be bussing it from NYC! ^^

chevron694
05-12-2008, 12:43 AM
LOL you know i was wondering when a thread like this would start i thought it would have start like a month ago

Sh!bby
05-12-2008, 03:06 AM
LOL you know i was wondering when a thread like this would start i thought it would have start like a month ago

Yeah...I was wondering the same thing. Then I thought 'no effing WAY am I driving that far out of my way to pick up Wes!' so I started this thread for the benefit of others as well as my own.

My room's booked, so all I can do is ask this:

ANY FAYETTEVILLE PEOPLE (or those passing through Fay) HAVE ROOM IN THE CAR? My buddy still needs a ride for Thursday to con and Sunday from con. :[ With the way gas is, it'll put a financial hurtin' on me if I have to go that far outta the way.

chevron694
05-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Yeah...I was wondering the same thing. Then I thought 'no effing WAY am I driving that far out of my way to pick up Wes!' so I started this thread for the benefit of others as well as my own.

My room's booked, so all I can do is ask this:

ANY FAYETTEVILLE PEOPLE (or those passing through Fay) HAVE ROOM IN THE CAR? My buddy still needs a ride for Thursday to con and Sunday from con. :[ With the way gas is, it'll put a financial hurtin' on me if I have to go that far outta the way.

Well I got my room back in Novmber
Just incase you guys cant get a room in the end im just say a car can double as a good motel room lol

double00beaver
05-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Sleeping in a car is a bad idea, I wouldn't suggest it at all.

Sh!bby
05-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Well I got my room back in Novmber
Just incase you guys cant get a room in the end im just say a car can double as a good motel room lol

Oh, I snagged one of the last rooms at the Sheraton. I had a room reserved around October, but he and I broke up, so that fell through. But I lucked out and got one of the last ones just a few weeks ago.

Sleeping in the car is a terrible idea. It's cramped and unsafe, and I"m pretty sure the cops wouldn't be too happy. There are always people needing roommates.

Enzera87
05-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Plus remember please shower!!!!...so I third on not sleeping in the car

yukiko_mori
05-12-2008, 08:05 PM
also anybody prehap Near highway 64 heading east of raleigh, i can pick you up as well possibly, depending on where you are

chevron694
05-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Well the whole car thing Unsafe please just do what I keep mace and a TASER close by (I live in Durham, you see why) and if you have a car where you can fold down the back sits it make for a alright bed and wal-mart they let truckers and RV people stay there over night. Im just say it that as a last resort. LOL anyway there some traveling tips for you. ^_^

Sh!bby
05-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Well the whole car thing Unsafe please just do what I keep mace and a TASER close by (I live in Durham, you see why) and if you have a car where you can fold down the back sits it make for a alright bed and wal-mart they let truckers and RV people stay there over night. Im just say it that as a last resort. LOL anyway there some traveling tips for you. ^_^

Yeaaaaah....I've travelled across the country in three days with one other person in a car full of stuff, napping at rest stops. Never doing that again.

I had to pull a knife on a guy who kept knocking on the window one night. It's still better not to put yourself at risk. What if he had one-upped me with a handgun? Plus, it'll be LATE MAY by Animazement weekend. It'll be hot as the dickens and that's a ton of EEW.

Also, thanks to the lovely TenkenTamago, I've got my friend's ride pretty much squared away.

TenkanTamago
05-13-2008, 10:06 AM
I'll show you! OM NOM NOM >:O

I have no idea.

Kyasaren
05-13-2008, 10:14 AM
I had to pull a knife on a guy who kept knocking on the window one night. It's still better not to put yourself at risk. What if he had one-upped me with a handgun?

True-- He could have taken your car, or you and your friend if he had that sort of weapon.
If you can't stay in the convention center hotel, there are others close by for the same price. It's either shell out 90 bucks to have a safe place to bathe and rest comfortably, or put your life at risk sleeping in a cramped, humid car.

yukiko_mori
05-13-2008, 11:51 AM
its a VERY stupid idea to stay in your car, i mean we have this thread here for this reason, to find someone to room with

BTW i have a friend who may or may not need a room(depending on when /what time they are going, if they can't make it till saturday i'll need a room for them on saturday night, as my sis won't be accepting anymore people after friday, and that is we have 1 room left till we hit the compasity for the room(8) we have 7people in the room and more 2 people who want rooms...

Febreze Ninja
05-13-2008, 05:51 PM
If you don't mind the floor we can help some people out, must be over 18 prefer 21+. We should be coming Thu night.

Adaryn
05-13-2008, 10:56 PM
EDIT
room is now filled ._.
much thanks

yukiko_mori
05-13-2008, 11:43 PM
its official i have 2 seet free in my car, anyone needin a ride to the con, and back wholive in RM, or near highway 64 east of raliegh i may be able to pick you up

chevron694
05-14-2008, 01:43 PM
its official i have 2 seet free in my car, anyone needin a ride to the con, and back wholive in RM, or near highway 64 east of raliegh i may be able to pick you up
Kat are you driving this time

Jolis
05-15-2008, 07:20 PM
We had two people drop out last minute, so that's five in our room, but we're looking for a couple more people to split the cost. For both nights, the total should be between $20 and $30. We're have reservations at the Sheraton so you'll be right where it's at the whole time :3 If you want to stay one night or two, that's fine, anything that will help us cut the cost a little would be awesome.

We're looking most preferrably for females within the teenage/young adult area, so like 15-25 or so, I don't think we'll be too picky.

So anyone need a room with at least five other girls? (I don't know if anyone would recognize me, but I'm the Squall from 2007 http://a877.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/23/l_e247e72678633982336571dd89e118bc.jpg )

So if anyone's interested please email me, preferrably, at EmbarChicken@aol.com

Otherwise, I'll see you at AZ =D

yukiko_mori
05-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Bumping still for rides, from almost any where along eastern highway 64 heading towards raleigh from rocky mount, that is, zebulon and possibly knightdale as wellpossibly, my gass fee is $15 per person(as the price here in RM are outrageous... i mean come on it $3.76) dollars a gallon or moreif i need to i could trek to Tarboro as well if ayny one need a ride there...

ninetailedgaara
05-17-2008, 03:10 AM
i need a room im 18/f/arriving friday

TybaltFlux
05-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Ouch, last minute bad luck.

I'm outta a room at the Sheraton, and I was wondering if anyone has any space? I already asked someone, but just in case, I'll ask here- anyone willing to give space to three guys- quiet, well-mannered, etc.?

Shaolin Ronin
05-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh, I snagged one of the last rooms at the Sheraton.

Hey Steph! Anna and I are at the Sheraton too! I expect you to come visit and hang out:rockon: