PDA

View Full Version : good qauilty wigs

melloncollie
06-22-2003, 04:35 PM
whats the guide price for good qauilty wigs?? cvos i got a cheapo 10 ish one of ebay (never again!!!!) and whats the usual prie for one that wont turn into a pile of matted hamster bedding

Ive sene one i liek from tartblossom.com anyoen know if there any good????
ah i've rodred some lil bits of fake ahir from them i'll see how that is

KaraokeKate
06-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Whoa whoa! Type a little slower there, girlie! ^_^

I haven't heard a single good thing about Tart Blossom. In fact, I've had several cosplayers ask me if I could *fix* the wigs they ordered from them I haven't ordered a wig from them personally, but if the ones I'm being sent are any indication of their level of quality, I'd take my money somewhere else. -_-'

Menchi
06-22-2003, 05:26 PM
i think it depends on the length of the wig. i got a 12" long flip (bob maybe?) wig on clearance for $16 a the tin is nice wig. an have a 44" wig that cost me $60...so i guess length is linked to price?

Koumori
06-22-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by KaraokeKate

I haven't ordered a wig from them personally, but if the ones I'm being sent are any indication of their level of quality, I'd take my money somewhere else. -_-'

I have! I have! And I'd recommend going somewhere else. It was a few years ago, and the wig I got from them was OK costume quality, but their service at the time was just about nonexistent, and a lot of people NEVER got their orders. I hear they're doing a lot better with that now, but I still don't hear much good about them, and I personally wouldn't order from them again. There are better products available elsewhere.

With wigs, in my experience, you generally get what you pay for - this is not an area to try to cut costs IMHO. Depending on the length/style/etc., you can get nice ones for $40-50.

melloncollie
06-24-2003, 06:49 AM
ok thanks... i'll be going somewhere esle then , any recomendations?

and i'll type slower too

Mira Twilight
06-30-2003, 01:30 AM
Look for the Enchanted Kingdom on ebay. She carries good varieties in color, and the price and quality is nice. It depends though, what wig style/color inparticular are you looking for?