PDA

View Full Version : Post-Con Thread

Michi
06-22-2003, 05:18 PM
It might be a bit early on Sunday to do this, but I've been home for well over an hour already and I wanna ramble~ ^^; (I live like just an hour north of the con and Sunday was boring me and I felt sick)

So what're everyone's thoughts on this year's FanimeCon? How was your weekend?

This was my.. fourth Fanime in a row. Woo! I think it was my 12th convention.. unless I count mini-events like Cherry Blossom and Metreon Fest.. then it's like, what, 17th? Whatever. ^^;

I didn't do all that much con-related, really, so this is going to be.. an odd mini-report. I'll have a big report in my LiveJournal which I may link to later if I feel like it.

First off... I approve of the new room for the masquerade. I didn't realize it was going to be so BIG. I was worried about not getting a seat because of the no-tickets line-up thing! ^^; Also regarding the masquerade, um, most people I've talked to agree that the judging for it was pretty bad.. The awards should've been spread out a LOT more. I think four groups won 2-3 awards each, and then two other groups got an award. Two awards for one entry has happened before, but three? Two groups with two awards?! There were some other nice skits and lovely costumes that deserved recognition besides those five. Not to say that the winners didn't deserve what they got! But it just.. argh. Fan's View's got the exact list. Who were the judges this year anyway? x_x I was disappointed..

Hum hum hum.. The outside Cosplay.com.. gathering of sorts was lots of fun! So many silly pictures. ^^ I was dressed as 2P Kasumi from Dead or Alive 2, and I got sunburned on my shoulders. ^_^; I just wish I could've met more Cosplay.com members! Meep. I'm sososo shy sometimes.
My Kasumi costume was really special to me because I hadn't made a new costume for myself since last August.. I was really proud of it. Too bad the Fan's View pictures don't look very good! :p Don't look there! I look ugly! Aaaah!! Must wait for other pictures... I also was so lazy this weekend that I never put on makeup. n.n; I think I'll need to Photoshop my photos. :thumbsup: ...even if people said I still looked fine. Pfft!
I also wore my Fatal Fury Mai for like two hours on Friday. I was accompanied by my friend in the Higashi Joe costume I made him. He wore his Joe pretty much all weekend and shall be joining Cosplay.com soon, I hope. ^^

As for more personal experiences.. Heh, the one guest I was really excited about was seiyuu Kawamura Maria. I had missed her at AX last year so I was determined to see her at Fanime. Thing is, I didn't go to any of her panels/signings... but I got to see her perform Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis (Evangelion opening theme) at open mic karaoke on Friday night. XD It was so great! Eeee~

The arcade ruled because it had The King of Fighters 2002 and I'm a biased fangirl. I only played once, but aaaahhh I'm so happy they had it there~ *-*

I sang at open mic karaoke, which I haven't done since AX 2000. Didn't bother to go to any panels.. blah.. I'm a pretty pathetic con goer sometimes. :rolleyes:

Mmmmm okay I can't think of anything else to say. Maybe later more will come to mind! It was great seeing everyone!

Babbit_Chan
06-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Michi: Uka and I are sooo stupid... We tried to figure out if that was you or not x_@ Anyway, I'll try to be brief and get the overall points without getting winded XD

I actually didn't go to any panels ( o_O;; ) so I can't say much on that. I did a lot more walking around in costume with friends, gawking at the Jrock merchandise in the Dealer's Room. The only two big things I did were see the masquerade and get autographs from Kawamura Maria and Akitaroh Daichi. I was surprised at how long anime fans can entertain themselves while waiting impatiently for Der Cosplay to start XD I agree that the awards should have been more spread out. Then again, I also think Chris deserved every bit of honor that he got for his Gundam XD Three might have been over doing it, but really o_o (I was in the mid-section screaming for the wing action - did anyone hear me u_u).

I missed the Fruits Basket panel, but I didn't care ^^; I wanted to see Akitaroh Daichi for the work he did with Kodomo no Omocha! I'm so glad I got his autograph ^_^ Now my Kodocha clearfile has his sig and a cute Babbit doodle X3

There might have been some downpoints to an overall Fanime, but personally, I'm satisfied with that autograph, getting little trinkets for my friends, cosplaying, no drama (yeah!), and the L'Arc~en~Ciel poster I got >D

positivespace
06-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone!

Since Fanime was my first cosplay experience I had so much fun. (I was Paine from FFX-2 with my friends as Rikku, Yuna and Lenne.)

It took us a while to get ready in our room after the Masquerade orientation so we missed the FF gathering as well as the cosplay.com gathering. =( By the time we got to the grassy area most of the people were gone, but Eurobeat King and Admin did take some pictures of us... so that was cool.

Basically all we did was wander around Saturday getting our pictures taken all over the place. I didn't think we'd get that amount of attention! The Masquerade was fun... except for the waiting around in the back and not being able to sit to comfortably 'cause my Paine belts kept poking me all over the place. ;D I hope you guys enjoyed our skit? We were the group Extra Sauce.

I was able to meet Eurobeat King, Admin, Collie (Gambler Rikku), Karisu-sama, Ryu(something, something... can't remember his whole name) and Ziggy and I must say that if they are any indication as to what the rest of the cosplay.com community is like y'all are a really cool bunch of people. ;D I was looking out for more of you, but couldn't recognize anyone.

Babbit_Chan
06-22-2003, 06:51 PM
PositiveSpace: Your skit was funny ^_~ I was wondering where you were XD Great costumes!

positivespace
06-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Babbit_Chan: Yay! I'm glad you did. It was hard to hear anything from the stage so I couldn't tell if anyone was laughing or not. ;D

What were you guy's opinions on the Sailor Mercury/Sailor Moon skit/dance? Is it common at Masquerades for girls to take advantage of the whole girl/girl craze during their skits? And was that a TATU song that they used? ;D

Ukayoru no Chou
06-22-2003, 07:14 PM
Hahha, yes, Michi, we were all ,
"Hey Babbit, you think thats Michi?"
"I'm not sure..it kinda looks like her"
" ...O_O;; "
"O_O;;; "
"Go ask someone..."
"You!"
"...I so wonder if thats her >_> "

XD. Yea, anyway, it was nummy fun for me besides the no cosplay part (boo! ) but hanging with people and the masq. kicked ass so I am definitely satisfied ^^; I saw a few people, but I'm way to shy to say things when it comes down to it, in less someone starts it off, so I saw more of you than I said anything too ^_~

Ukayoru no Chou
06-22-2003, 07:16 PM
-oh- and I have to say, it's just wrong to be on an elevator with someone from the boards , and you know you should say hi, but you just kinda ..stand..and then..run off when you get to your floor..xD. I saw like, 5 people on my way to muh floor. :B

Luna
06-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Yup, it was TATU! The Russian in me was screaming in delight....but...what's up with the panty shots every other skit and girl/girl love? I mean....we all know sex-sells...but really...ugh...I thought it was a bit too much this year. I Loooooooooved the organization though: No lines and delays and technical difficulties for the Maqueraude. I was happy...
I also missed all panels and cosplay photoshoot, I mean, I WAS THERE! But run back inside for 10 mins and by the time I was back - it was all over. *sniff* I was Rain Mikamura from G-Gundam. I was able to take pic with G-Gundam group though...so that is good. *nods*

Karisu-sama
06-22-2003, 09:00 PM
More to say later, but I have to say I'm PISSED that Fanime is running on Memorial Day weekend next year. That's BAYCON WEEKEND!!!

Oh well, a whole bunch of us cosplayers are going to be at BayCon instead. We have plenty other Anime cons we're going to anyway. BayCon is a really good con; I've been going to it for 10 years, and I'll be there next year too.

Luna
06-22-2003, 09:57 PM
Karisu-sama!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh! I saw you at cosplay.com gathering....but didn't get a chance to stop by and say Hi...bummer! Well...hope I will get a chance to do so in two weeks at AX!

Miaka No Baka
06-22-2003, 10:08 PM
I got back from fanime a bit ago and am still unwinding. I didn't really get to do much panel wise but I did just kick it with friends and the like.

Michi: I agree with the cosplay awards it was majorly messed up. I think fanime has one of the best run masqs but the worst judged cause like the same ppl win year after year even if they wear the same costume or do the same skit or both >_< one person winning 1/3 of the awards given. TOTALLY not fair to the rest of us who worked our butts off to perform.

heh our skit was alright ^_^; hey we didn't really expect to win but yeah we still had fun. We were the pso skit XD I just loved hearing the cheering after brian doan announced "our next group is from phantasy star online" XD it made it worth it and with all the people wanting our pictures and saying how much they enjoyed our skit. We have yet to actually see our skit yet but one of our roommates was in the audience and recorded the whole masq so we'll be able to see how we looked on stage. I hated my hat though cause it wanted to fall forward so partly into the dance I was like screw this and threw the hat off lol ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Baka Neko
06-22-2003, 10:17 PM
I had a fairly good time this year. ^^ 1st year cosplaying and it was nice to see some Prince of Tennis fans since I majority of the people didn't know who Kikumaru was...

I'm distraught that I missed the cosplay.com get-together ;.; I was at the AMV Finals, sucks that my video only made semi-finals & I didn't even see it then.. Oh, Congrats to ChibiMoFo! You're videos were awesome! ^^

It was weird I actually went to panels this year! The AMV panels were very informative, but the 3 hr one overlapped into when the Seiyuu focus was suppose to be going on...so we went to it on Saturday. It started off with just Kawamura Maria & Yasuhara Reiko then Akitaroh Daichi randomly showed up. They were all a blast! XD Especially Maria & Daichi, when they described Maria's life-long dream to ride the cable cars in SF ^^ Then Tsurumaki Kazuya showed up. They were all really energetic, so my friends and I decided to take the opportunity and asked for pictures with them! ^^ On Sunday we had tea with Maria and got some more pictures and autographed Five Star Stories note books. Not to mention tons of samples of Maria's seiyuu roles (Naga, Spoon, Fraggle Rock character, etc) She's so great!

Michi
06-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Ah, that makes sense that the Moon/Mercury song was by tatu.. o.o I was wondering.

There were so many dance skits this year.. it was really odd. x_X Ah well. I can't wait for next year. Watching the masq reminded me of this skit idea I have, heh, and it'll take a long time to perfect the costumes.
Ahaha but I loved all the signs in the audience before the masquerade. I wish I brought a paper and pen! XD

PositiveSpace!! Great Paine! I saw you and wanted to say something but I'm ubershy.

Uka/Babbit ~ Mou! XP Well now that you know it was me, come up to me next time or something. :p

Huh? Karisu, they already announced 2004's date? Where was this? o.o

Awwww.. When the Kawamura/Yasuhara panel was going on, I was incredibly tired and my friends and I went to the hot tub to relax... poo. At least I got to hear Kawamura-san sing. ^^ Ah well, it seems that she likes cons, yes? I'll make her next appearance. :crylaugh:

HazelAsher
06-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Hi all! Just got back myself...

I had a lovely time...had a little drama with the "ex", but I kept a chin up, participated in the karaoke contest (Cutey Honey and Lunar...among other random bits of songs here and there), went to the dance (met some really hot guys...*drool*) and danced the night away, both nights. I also met some really cool people and stuff...not to mention hot guys. <3

Best con for me yet. Can't wait for next years! =D

My Risky hat almost got hit by a car...O_o;.

Daitenshi
06-22-2003, 10:25 PM
I had a good time at Fanime this year, although I spent half of it in my room either working on Valefor or in bed with a migraine ^^ I always love Fanime for the people, and this year was no exception. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again at Anime Expo.

Our skit went really well. I couldn't really hear or see in my costume, but apparently we got a great reaction. Ah... it was all about the Moogle Yuna. *huggles Diana*

duck
06-22-2003, 10:33 PM
I saw a number of you...but I was insanely shy, so I didn't really say hi or anything.

That and I'm really quite anime illiterate, as the lovely Nadeshiko can probably attest to as I was wandering around the hotel lobby looking for the X group when it was abundantly clear to anyone who's seen the show/movie/manga that they were standing right THERE(I was looking for Hitori or her brother - since I actually knew their faces...). So I would have felt really bad going up to people and being all "Hi...I think I know you but...errr...".

Anyway, I had a lot of fun. I was Lucca on Friday, and was surprised at how many people wanted my picture, since it was my first attempt at a costume and painfully simple compared to so many others. On Saturday, I wore my ren faire garb and thriftstore-safety-pin-Kanoe, which was a lot less "popular" but it was still plenty of fun. On Sunday, I woke up, realised my feet were burnt and slightly blistered from walking around on hot concrete and decided against going.=)

I'm in the process of documenting my weekend in vaguely comic form. I posted the first two in the art thread.

The cosplay-com gathering was really cool - I didn't know there was going to be so many people! I keep on going back to look at the group picture and I'm flabbergasted by the number of people who showed up in such wonderful costumes.

Awww...next year's clashes with Bay Con? I'll probably be at Bay Con, since the whole scifi-/fantasy thing is more my kind of thing.

Umi
06-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Michi: They announced the 2004 date in the Dealer's Room on Sunday. It'll be at the San Jose convention center and a 4 day con o.O;

Ah ok. So Fanime was my very first time cosplaying. .... It's sort of tiring, or maybe because my costume was a little bit constricting, but oh well. ^^

The only people I met from cosplay.com was Ziggy and Karisu when her little daughter attached herself to my boyfriend on Friday. Eek! She is the cutest thing!

I didn't do a lot at this con either. I caught the last half of the website owner's panel because I was at the Rurouni Kenshin photoshoot. Other than that, I spent most of my time being an audience member at the game show and der cosplay. I participated in the karaoke contest but I got way too nervous and totally blew it =P Oh well there is always next year ^^ I ended up missing the cosplay.com meeting, but I can't remember what I was doing at the time.

Mmm... I didn't bother to cosplay today since we just went to shop and hang a little bit, so I ended up going overboard and totally nerding it out. Heehee... I like my fake black rimmed glasses entirely too much.

And now i'm just sort of sitting here and prepping all the pictures I took to go on my website .

edited because i'm a confused little girl.

Michi
06-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Four days? It was four days back in 2000.. but I was only there for three. Iiiiiinteresting. :D So what're the dates? ^^;

positivespace
06-22-2003, 11:08 PM
Michi! Next time say hi... I was looking forward to meeting the girl that has helped me out on this board so much. =)

K_Valentine
06-22-2003, 11:33 PM
I just came home... FANIME was fun.

I had a lot of fun cosplaying throughout this con. I loved participating in the X, Kenshin, Chobits, and the Battle Royale gatherings. I even karaoke'd for the first (and likely last) time.

I was semi-cheesed off that two of my costumes were unsuable since I left an article of clothing at hme for both. But I worked through it.

Met a lot of old and new friends there. Heh... I'll have to get my con report up soon. But I'm too sleepy to think straight now.

Hitori
06-22-2003, 11:56 PM
Wee~ I had such fun^_^ I'm sorry I didn't talk to you long Michi>.<
And Karisu-sama, I love your daughter!!!!!!! *glomples* I'm so glad I met you, you're so nice.
Wa~~ I didn't know it's gonna be the same time as Baycon next year, I'll be at Baycon.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-23-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm still unwinding as well. took a long nap, cause i needed it. I will do a con report on my LJ as well. It was fun seeing everyone from the fanimecon messageboard and cosplay.com board as well. ^__^ I had a blast and hanging with the G Gundam group was awesome.
Well, at the masquerade, the gals got Dilandu(my friend Joe), stripteasing, while for teh guys it was armitage and sailor moon and mercury kissing. Hell, it was all good. and I agree with Michi that the room was the best thing happen to the masquerade. Anyways, I'm going to take a nap again. I loved Luna's Rain costume. ^_^

The Judging sucked though and I agree that something has to be done about it.

Eurobeat King
06-23-2003, 12:28 AM
Hey everyone! I just got back from Fanime, and overall I thought it was pretty fun. Got lots of pictures, although I missed a lot since when you cosplay and take a lot of pictures like I do, it's tough when you have to go back to the room to change costumes, and more important when you have to go back and charge your camera batteries after taking 150+ shots. :thumbsup: Most importantly, when your room is located at the 11/14 floors, and everyone is trying to go up/down, it delays me from taking pics, and I end up missing some. :(

But, my Ryosuke costume with the RX-7 FC3S was a success! :D Everyone who saw the costume was amazed and I got a lot of high praises for it. Since I haven't done a BIG costume like this before, getting around those corners was tough, and I did take a few hits and bumps on Saturday & Sunday, so I have 9 days to do repairs on the car before AX..

I had fun being in the masquerade, and since i haven't been onstage (actually participating) since AX 2000, so it was really nervous backstage. I was a little disappointed that they didn't announce my INTRO that I had neatly typed on the sheet, and as soon as Deiter read "Next up.. cosplay.com" the music started, and I had to quickly get up those stairs and then proceed on stage and "drift" As for the judging, I congratulate Chris for winning his awards, and it's no fault of his for what happened. I attended the gripe session and he pointed out to the staffers that others deserved to win, and the whole process of judging needs to worked out better for next year. "1 award is enough.." said Chris. Still, it was good to see his Gundam Epyon one last time at a con.

I'll say more later, and the 1200-1300+ pics that I took are all in admin's hands now, so please keep an eye out for them when they go up, and if I missed your costume, I apologize. Hopefully I'll get your picture at AX, which is even tougher, but I'll do my best.. Thanks to everyone whom I met, saw again, hanged out with, and took pics of! You'll like what you see! :skidude2:

Nadeshiko
06-23-2003, 12:42 AM
considering this was my first Fanime, I had tons of fun. ^^v

My only dissapointment is the fact that I lost my Card Captor Sakura doll that i usually use for an accesory to my Nadeshiko costume. -_-;

I really liked this con, and maybe I'll return, but it's too close to ACen 2004. It's going to be one or the other. Memorial Day weekend is a tough one...but I'll see what my situation is come January. I would love to return. ^^v

Nice meeting all of you and thank you for making Fanime memorable. ^_^v

Con report will be up by AX...I still can't get over the fact I took 400 plus pictures. 0_0

ai no hoshi
06-23-2003, 12:44 AM
well, besides the fact that i lost my new sumomo plushie that my boyfriend got me, i had a good time! i'm glad i got to meet you michi, but i was too shy to talk to everyone.
i wish i would have been in my kurumi costume for the gathering though, because chii is nothing special.
as for the cosplay contest...

chris, i love you man, but 1 award is enough. the judges should give someone else a chance.

ok i must go read harry potter now!

oh! and the half naked dejiko in the dealers room... ahhhhh... *drool*

Babbit_Chan
06-23-2003, 01:17 AM
Jeez, how many people lost something? I lost my Tohma hat on the last day. Pff. Should've had my friend duct tape it to my head for good measure. I can't feel it through my wig when it falls off T-T If anyone wants a small preview of what was there, I have 60-70 small, but nice pics in my gallery ^^

Karisu-sama
06-23-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Michi
Huh? Karisu, they already announced 2004's date? Where was this? o.o

They were selling pre-reg memberships today until 5:00 for $25 for next year - like BayCon, it's going to run 4 days, over Memorial Day weekend, and it will be at the San Jose Convention Center with housing in the Hilton. (No more crappy Westin!)

In any case, at lot of us 20-something+ cosplayers / costume makers do not want to be limited by cosplaying in only the Anime genre, and we like other outlets as well for stuff such as Lord of the Rings costuming, etc. So we also like to hit conventions like BayCon, DragonCon, SDCC, Costume-Con....

Genre crossover: it's especially a costumer thing. :p

So next Fanime you won't see Karisu, Ziggy, AJ, Moo, the Stitchin' Babes..... :( (We shall just have to drown our sorrows on the extremely kickass BayCon open party floors... :p )

Nice to actually meet you in person, Michi! ^^

Daitenshi: I wanted to say "Hi", but I never saw you around. :( Great skit in the Masq., though! :) Moogle Yuna was hilarious! Didn't get to say "Hi" to Diana either, darn...

Hitori! *hugs* You are nice too! ^^ My kid reaaaaally likes you; I hope she wasn't a nuisance! We'll all be at BayCon too, so we should see you there!

Daitenshi
06-23-2003, 01:49 AM
I saw you in the dealer's room today, but we were both running in opposite directions ^^; I guess I'll have to settle for bothering you at AX ^.~

Mink
06-23-2003, 02:08 AM
I had a BLAST!

This con had bad omen written all over it before I left....first my friend couldnt go, then she could, then my comissions were taking forever to get into the mail ( I lost SO much money on postage it wasnt even funny), then my best friend called me the night before at 10:30 and said her dad randomly desided she couldnt go. Then when I called my other friend to tell her, she and her father got into it about money and I ended up having to pick up what she couldnt pay. But once we got there......

IT WAS A BLAST!!!!!

It was my friend Melissas first con (shes Lady Vash here on the boards) and she made all her own costumes (MAD PROPS! Shes uber talented!). We all got so much attention in our FFX-2 costumes...it was so flattering!

The funniest (or rather one of many, but this was funny being the Inuyasha fan that I am) was on friday, in line for registration. This Miroku came up to me when I was dressed as Kagome and said (totally on accident too!) "Hey look! Its KIKYO!".........naturally a good smacking was in order.......

Then I got home and everything kinda turned to crud again. Maybe its just this place. We werent in town 5 minutes before one of my friends fathers told her she couldnt go to AX suddenly. And the drama continues....but it was nice to get away from it all.....

Eurobeat King
06-23-2003, 02:54 AM
Babbit: Yeah, talk about losing stuff at a con.. I came close to really being upset at Fanime, since there were a few instances that I almost left stuff behind and forgot about them.

I lost my bottle (80% full!) of Clear Eyes eye-drops Friday morning, and had to shell out $7 at the Westin gift-store, since I didn't have to time to go shopping for a Wallmart or Target nearby. :( I almost lost my Shinji badge after taking it off to change costumes, but found it in my suitcase when I got home. :thumbsup: Friday night, when I was changing memory cards, my spare battery fell out of my camera pouch and I didn't know it until I went upstairs to my room. Fortunately, Aeris found it for me where we were sitting (by the bar.) and that saved me a lot of trouble (no way can i take pics with just 1 battery and then stop taking pics for 2 hours while it recharges..) *HUG* thanks, Aeris!! :) And during the masqy, I plugged the recharger in a wall-socket backstage, and forgot about it for a few hours.. Same thing happened today (Sunday) where I plugged it into a socket in the lobby, and forgot about it.. So I had to dash from the exhibit hall to the lobby and fortunately it was still there. And the last thing was that during the closing ceremonies, I parked my FC in the doorway area of the convention center ampitheatre, and then later moved into the seating area for the gripe session.. It wasn't until 30 mins. had passed (and I was already passing out..) that I realized my cel-phone wasn't there, so I dashed back to the doorway area and my phone was lying on the ground, even after lots of people had passed through the hallway but didn't bother to look down.. Talk about lucky..

These lessons have taught me one-word for AX in 9 days: "Fanny-pack." I think I need one for costumes, to hold all the stuff i need (wallet, car keys, camera, spare batteries & mem. cards, medication, eyedrops, etc.) I don't care if it shows, I need it!!

Luna
06-23-2003, 03:06 AM
Oh yeah...you need to learn a lot of things before, after and during Con. The best one - get plenty of rest. Because I burned out by Sunday...:-( Plus being able to manage your schedule - with so much stuff going on, so easy to miss things.
Sad story with camera problems, Eurobeat King, I hear ya...I had regular camera, didn't have any film left, so had to run out right before going to the Con, after taking like 10 pic or so - my batteries died!!! And you can't find those in the gift shop. Oh well...so I'll be looking for some pic that my friends and other people took of me...

Eurobeat King
06-23-2003, 03:22 AM
Luna: Thanks for your concern. :) Fortunately, and that's a big FORTUNATELY, when it came to the digital camera batteries, it was just pure luck that nobody came by and took the charger when I wasn't looking, and extremely lucky that Aeris found the battery that fell onto the floor Friday. :) If I ended losing 1 of the 2 batteries, it wouldn't have been too bad, but if I lost the charger it would've been worse.. :thumbsup:

Dark Vision
06-23-2003, 03:25 AM
Fanime was so much fun. I now have my first official chocobo to ride now. hehe lol.

*waves to Michi and others*

Luna
06-23-2003, 03:56 AM
You are welcome, Eurobeat King...actually, I remember now, that you might've taken some pic of me, I was Rain Mikamura from G-Gundam, so will look forward for cosplay.com to upload yours.
And for losing things and finding them - that was a pure luck you got all your stuff back. Last year, I forgot a bag with a whole bunch of tapes I just bought at the dealer's room. Of course, when I went back to that video room - it was all gone. :-(

Hotrada
06-23-2003, 04:29 AM
I just got home about an hour ago. This was my first time cosplaying. It was great!!!

Friday, I spent my time taking pics of other cosplayers.

Then the fun really began on Saturday, when I cosplayed as Inui of PoT and Battle Royale on Sunday.

- Baka Neko, great alikeness as Eiji!!!!

- K_Valentine, I'll loan ya a gun next time. ;)

waynekaa
06-23-2003, 08:55 AM
It's so good to have the convention season back into swing again!
I saw so many familiar happy faces! And met even more.
but!
I am like the walking dead Z_Z

At least managed to wear 2 costumes at Fanime. :D
And hung out with 10 AWESOME women for most of Fanime. *so proud of the Renai Revolution 21 group*

Aoshi Shinomori
06-23-2003, 11:20 AM
I had fun at Fanime meeting alot of new people that ive seen at other cons before. I'm glad people showed up to the chobits gathering and inu yasha gathering. it was nice to see u again karisu and it was so cute that your youngest daughter was calling me fluffy heh u know she would make a great Rin. I wasnt sad about leaving this time for i will see u all in a week and a half. aww ai no hoshi im sorry about your sumomo. i was looking for it on the ground but i guess someone kidnapped her. it was nice to see u again and that u remembered me heh i wish we could've took a group pic of the pso group al but i guess after the masquerade we left to go change cuz we were hungry. maybe u can catch us at ax. the only gripe was the masquerade judging. i guess it felt unfair that some groups won 2 awards. there were like 9 awards and only like 4 groups won i think. well at least we had fun performing and the crowd liked our skit so it was all good. see u all at AX

cube
06-23-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm just glad Fanime is moving out of the Westin. IMO I don't think the Westin is a very con-friendly hotel. They're probably more used to business travelers with a fat corporate account then con goers. I'm glad they loosened up their policy on the prop weapons by allowing peace bonding. I think it was a combination of a really bad economy and Fanime being their for a couple years and maintaning a good reputation that allowed that. Yeah that and having security guards check for badges at the elevators was pointless, b/c everybody knew you could go around them by taking the stairs. Horay for security! ^_^

anyways I'm just rambling this is all a mute issue since Fanime won't be at the Westin anymore. *starts singing*

na na na na, na na na na, ohhhhhhh hell yeah, good bye!

by the way, i like that complaint at the gripe session how this guy was trying to watch a movie in the Assian Film room but was being distracted by the sound that was coming from the hentai room *tongue in cheek grin*

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-23-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm still suffering from the con hangover so I'll keep it brief:
I'm glad that Fanime is moving out of the westin. It's not a good hotel to have this type of con around, and the weapons policy well, you know that everyone has griped about it, so I won't talk about it. The other thing that bugged me was the swap meet room being cut half in size for friday, and it was plain awful carrying a box huge of stuff around the hotel. I can't wait for Eurobeat King's to go up for Fanime and Kyle's as well. I'll see you all at AX and hopefully, I will get a lot more sleep this time around.

ichigo
06-23-2003, 03:10 PM
Wow...my third year at Fanime...That kicked butt. I've been lurking around on this board for...erm...two months now, and I was the X group's Kamui. I gotta say: the costumes at Fanime keep getting better and better every year!!! Is it the added experience people attain, or is it competition? Hmmmm...
Loved the AMVs. Didn't get to go to the masquerade (baka na parents!!!) And my wallet has not been this empty for a long time.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-23-2003, 03:18 PM
oh yeah, the other highlight of the con:
Before the masquerade, the signs that were being shown. It was silly and pointless, but at least it kept the crowd occupied. ^_^
Oh yeah,. here are my highlights:
spending $60 on Gundam Model Kits(never did that before :D )
Getting hit by my friend Kima Lucifer on the arm when I made a joke.
Getting glomped. That was a 1st :D I went like oof
Seeing ReDeath and it still funny as hell.
Wandering around the hotel, in costume.
I guess that's it.

antibishie
06-23-2003, 03:26 PM
Well, I certainly had fun this year... though I really didn't anticipate what wearing a moogle costume would cause.... First was the headaches that came from wearing the ears too long... and then there were all of the people....

As a quiet/shy person it was a little distressing... I didn't know what to do. I figured that people like moogle-costumes, but I really didn't think mine was that great.... *shrugs* It was really odd going to Round Table, leaving my gloves on, and then suddenly hear as I walked in, "It's the moogle!" I then hid in the back.... Though, thankfully, when I switched into my Kazuhiko for Saturday no one even noticed me. *giggles*

And as a bonus, I now know how to get to the San Jose convention center for next year as I accidently went there instead of the Santa Clara one on Thursday night.... *feels like an idiot*

videogirlc
06-23-2003, 03:34 PM
Second Fanime and loved it. Wished my badge had a better image. Wish I could've taken more pictures but wasn't in the mood, because of my costume. Moving the masquerade was a great idea, there was so much more space. The cosplay.com gathering was fun. Didn't like the masquerade judging, so many great skits and only a few got the awards.

Sparki
06-23-2003, 03:36 PM
antibishie - Awwww, that was you? You're so cute!! I'm not even a Final Fantasy fan and I loved it! ^.^ (We were the ones in round table, by the way...^.^;; )

ZiggyB
06-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Weee... Fanime was a lot of fun and it was great meeting everyone and seeing old friends. :)

Michi: Haha, you're Kasumi was very cool. :) I'll put up some of the photos we got soon. Though, that double butt shot is just *so* wrong. :-)

Babbit_Chan: Weee, it was great seeing you again. Though You didn't introduce me to your parents so they know I'm *not* an axe murderer. :P

positivespace: Yay! It was so cool meeting you gals. Sorry I couldn't stay longer to talk to you, but there was a huge line of people trying to get your picture. :>

Your group's skit was so funny too! Shake that thing! ;-) And I have to say, good thing you pre-recorded all of your vocals it was very funny!

Karisu-sama: Yah, unfortunatly that put a cramp on an otherwise fantastic weekend. :( I'm already pre-regged for BayCon and plan on debuting some sci-fi costumes that wouldn't really fit at Fanime. :(

Maybe we can kidnap some people from Fanime and drag them to somewhere with a *real* night life. ;-)

Daitenshi: You were in that masquerade? Wow, I didn't even realize! X-O It was really good to see you again! :) <poke> Must have Helena next time. ;-)

Umi: Yay, we finally meet for the first time. :) You're costume turned out really well too! :D Ahh, you should have said something, you should have let me be annoying and introduce you all of 5 people that I know. :)

Ok, I'll post more later, I like... need to get to work and stuff... :)

Aoshi Shinomori
06-23-2003, 03:58 PM
hey ziggy i wore kazuya on sunday but i couldnt find you.. heh only my second time wearing that costume.

Ukayoru no Chou
06-23-2003, 04:05 PM
Wack. It's really dissapointing a lot of you wont be going! T_T;
I really enjoyed seeing some of your costumes! And it was fun to take a picture with Ziggy and Karisu..her daughter..wahhh! ..Shes so cute..@_@;;

Anyways, I don't think I'll be going to Fanime next year anyways, but going to AX instead, inless I can get a room with someone xD, so either way, I guess I'll see you guys who are ditchin' for BayCon, ne?

pakachu420
06-23-2003, 04:09 PM
ahhh!
damnit, i'm too shy! arg!
there are some of you that i think that i saw but i wasnt sure.

i was running around as Ghost(Enter the Matrix) for most of the con

and i forgot when the cosplay.com gathering was.(ma bad^^;;; )

HazelAsher
06-23-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Eurobeat King
But, my Ryosuke costume with the RX-7 FC3S was a success! :D Everyone who saw the costume was amazed and I got a lot of high praises for it. Since I haven't done a BIG costume like this before, getting around those corners was tough, and I did take a few hits and bumps on Saturday & Sunday, so I have 9 days to do repairs on the car before AX..
I loved your car! It was SOOO spiffy! I wanted to sit in it but I was afraid. ;p :D

Originally posted by Nadeshiko
My only dissapointment is the fact that I lost my Card Captor Sakura doll that i usually use for an accesory to my Nadeshiko costume. -_-;

You lost it!? Oh no! You were in front of me in karaoke...I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Babbit_Chan
06-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Ziggy: Hehe well until next time you'll just have to remain an axe murderer :D

ZiggyB
06-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Aoshi: Yah sorry about that. :( Next time, next time. :) Great job on the skit btw. :D

Ukayoru no Chou: Yah, it was great seeing you guys again too! Yah, BayCon is the place to be, BABY! :) Hehe, seriously though, I dunno, I might defect one day and go to fanime to see people. :)

BlackDelo
06-23-2003, 06:11 PM
fanime was the shiz! I just wanted a thank you but they gave me a whole friggin award. It was great. I got tanked like the Iraqi military on saturday night. boo yah.

AmazonPrincess
06-23-2003, 06:29 PM
what a con to choose as my first! Whee!
Michi: I met you! at open-mic kareoke early early Sat. morning, tall, big, black and pink hello kitty get-up..

anyways, I had lots of fun, went all over the place, and am looking forward to my next con (J.T.A.F.)

Daitenshi
06-23-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by ZiggyB
Daitenshi: You were in that masquerade? Wow, I didn't even realize! X-O It was really good to see you again! :) <poke> Must have Helena next time. ;-)

*lol* Most people had no idea that I was Valefor (Giant ghetto Dragon-Chicken of doom)

I was really proud of the "I can't belive it's not Better" cosplay group at the masquerade. Taking 'most humorous' and 'best craftsmanship Novice'~ I just wish I'd gotten backstage in time to see them onstage ;-;

Michi
06-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Aww, I wonder if I should've bought $25 pre-reg.. XD I wonder if they'll have pre-reg that cheap for Fanime at Expo.. oooh..

They're moving to San Jose's con center? o.o Ooh. Aw, four years at the Westin and its con center makes it all nice to come back to~ I never have weapons, so the policy never bugged me.. ^^; This year I had a sword on my back for Kasumi, and was told twice to peacebond it by Fanime staff. By the time I was back in the hotel again, I was changing out of it anyway, so I never did. :P

Positivespace ~ I will! Darn my shyness! Definitely next time we're both at the same event, I'll speak up. XD

Hitori ~ S'okay! I'm glad I recognized you XD I was like "Hmm.. Nataku.."

Karisu ~ Nice to finally meet you in person too! Again, absolutely lovely Dilandau armor *-*!

ai no hoshi ~ Yeah ^^ But your Chii costume was very cute~ I wish I saw Kurumi!!

Ziggy ~ Thankyou! I can't wait to see our DOA pics. :3!!

AmazonPrincess ~ I was so dead whenever I was in the karaoke room though. XD I think I do remember you!

As for losing stuff.. um.. I don't think I did.. I'll have to wait til I unpack. *^^*;

AmazonPrincess
06-23-2003, 07:16 PM
michi - deadness is understandable.. it was like, oh 3am. *^_^*

Mandy Mitchell
06-23-2003, 09:45 PM
This was my second time at Fanime. It was good meeting and hanging out with everyone again. I'm just glad that we pulled off a great performance for USA Musume. All the hard work paid off. :cool: I was impressed by the number of good entries and the rising level of craftsmanship in the Masquerade. Kudos to those who showed up at Fanime this year and those who worked really hard on their costumes and skits! See you all at AX! :D

cactusmomma
06-23-2003, 09:49 PM
I was dressed as 2P Kasumi from Dead or Alive 2, and I got sunburned on my shoulders. ^_^;

yeah and you had joe chasing you around that circle :P too bad my cam chips died /grumble :E

for everyone that i met: thanks a whole bunch for making my first con a total blast :D here's hoping for yaoi con! woo!

Michi
06-23-2003, 10:13 PM
RenegadePocky ~ Hee, that's 'cause Joe was the one that I cosplayed Kasumi for. ^_^ That was really your first con? Eeee and your King cosplay was so great!! :D Come to San Francisco Anime Fest too! I'll have my Yuri and we can have Art of Fighting team pics. ^_^

antibishie
06-23-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Sparki
antibishie - Awwww, that was you? You're so cute!! I'm not even a Final Fantasy fan and I loved it! ^.^ (We were the ones in round table, by the way...^.^;; )

*hides* Attention is scary... I mean, the entire costume was made to hide me. The big scarf to pull up and everything....

Still, glad you liked it. ^_^

ai no hoshi
06-24-2003, 01:15 AM
thankyou michi! i got bored at the gathering 'cause i dont know anyone. :(
hey michi, did aeris ever run up to you and say "i see london i see france i see michi's underpants"? just wondering, 'cause i was standing around and heard her say it. it was funny! o.o

but it was good to see the people i wasn't too shy to talk to. (aoshi and miaka no baka, ziggyb, moo, mordsith and ryu, michi, babbit chan, and many more!) i met aeris and admin too, but like everyone it was just a quick hand shake... i bet no one remembers me. *cry* -.-;

hazel asher: i saw you in the karaoke contest, and you did great! i was the steel angel kurumi. i was so scared, and even though i didn't mess up, i know i did terrible. it was my first time on stage ever!

cactusmomma
06-24-2003, 01:18 AM
RenegadePocky ~ Hee, that's 'cause Joe was the one that I cosplayed Kasumi for. ^_^ That was really your first con? Eeee and your King cosplay was so great!! :D Come to San Francisco Anime Fest too! I'll have my Yuri and we can have Art of Fighting team pics. ^_^

when/whereexactly is it?

oh...and message to the chick from the masquerade who did naomi armitage.....

GET A FRIGGIN BRA PLEASE --;;;

there were small impressionable children in the audience --;;; total dishonor points for j00 on that

Michi
06-24-2003, 01:19 AM
ai no hoshi: Yes, she did. ^^; Aeris said that to me like three times when I was in Kasumi. XD

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-24-2003, 01:20 AM
Ai: well, at it was nice seeing you too. and we did talk a lot. I wanted to ask you to go dance, but since you were dead tired and had your boyfriend next to you, I decided to drop it, plus you needed sleep too. well, I won't see you for AX, but I hope to see you at the japan town anime faire or cosplayers boredom. I will e-mail you as soon as I can. BTW, can you add me to your friends list on your LJ?
sincerely,
your friend, Jorge(aka Ryu)

Michi
06-24-2003, 01:21 AM
Renegade ~ It's in San Francisco, September 13-14. :D

ai no hoshi
06-24-2003, 01:26 AM
ryu: i haven't been on my live journal forever! next time i'm on there i'll add you! i was tired cause i had gotten 5 hours sleep in 48 hours! sorry... and it was rude of me not to introduce you to my b/f, but he was feeling left out 'cause i was in costume and i was talking to everyone. some day he'll know how fun it is to cosplay. (when i get skinny enough) we'll wear our kid and serge costumes from chrono cross.

btw: when/what is cosplayers boredom?

i wish i was going to AX. but i'll see everyone at JTAF! i should be pepper from tiny snow fairy sugar.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-24-2003, 01:29 AM
I think is like 2-3 weeks after AX, Ai-chan. Well, you look fine now and ish ok. well, at least we talked and had a good time, plus you look great as Kurumi. ^_^ anyways, e-mail me if you can.
^_^

Ruri Hoshino
06-24-2003, 01:30 AM
Oi...I regret only cosplaying on friday(I was Dotta from Bakretsu Hunters the manga if any one saw me). My b/f took me some where for lunch so I missed the cosplay.com photo shoot. Oh well, it was great seeing some of you guys there. Next fanime I'll only be there one day if my school doesn't change the graduation schedule.

Chas
06-24-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Baka Neko
I had a fairly good time this year. ^^ 1st year cosplaying and it was nice to see some Prince of Tennis fans since I majority of the people didn't know who Kikumaru was...

Aaahahahaha.... ^^; Sorry if I scared you in the dealer's room by squealing "KIKUMARU" and then asking for a picture... I was just excited to see one of my favorite Tennis No Oujisama boys being cosplayed. I usually don't have outbursts like that, honestly.... XD

HazelAsher
06-24-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by ai no hoshi

hazel asher: i saw you in the karaoke contest, and you did great! i was the steel angel kurumi. i was so scared, and even though i didn't mess up, i know i did terrible. it was my first time on stage ever!

Wee! Sankyuu! I liked you guys. :D I love the SAK song. <3

Last year was my first time performing in front of the Fanime crowd in the contest. Trust me, it gets easier all the time. I was nervous but...one thing to always remember is that anime fans are some of the most caring people on the planet. 'Cept for rabid fanboys.

And even if anyone did say something mean, everyone would shoot him/her/it. :D

Karisu-sama
06-24-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by RenegadePocky
when/whereexactly is it?

oh...and message to the chick from the masquerade who did naomi armitage.....

GET A FRIGGIN BRA PLEASE --;;;

there were small impressionable children in the audience --;;; total dishonor points for j00 on that
Yeah, MY children were in the audience, heh heh.... luckily I'm not a freakin' hyper-prude, but there certainly was stuff that I sure HOPE they missed...

K_Valentine
06-24-2003, 03:45 AM
Geez, the one masq I decide to skip and something like that happens. Then again, that sort of thing happened at my college area too frequently and they had no masquerade.

I was glad to meet Ziggy and Karisu at the party Friday. Karisu has some cute kids. Light too (Remembers giving a piggy back to the youngest one around the restaurant).

The saddest part was the departure of my two great friends I spent time getting them to FANIME. But at least I'll be going to their area for AX. Sort of a role-reversal.

cactusmomma
06-24-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
Yeah, MY children were in the audience, heh heh.... luckily I'm not a freakin' hyper-prude, but there certainly was stuff that I sure HOPE they missed...

your daughter was so adorable as meryl :o i wanted to take her home XD

Raider3
06-24-2003, 04:34 AM
Oh, my... where to start? Well, I was tagging along with Aoshi and Miaka no Baka for the majority of the weekend (since I booked the room for all of us), and I was glad to see some faces I recognized from here, as well as take part in the Cosplay.com photoshoot. I can't wait for Admin's pictures, and I'll work on posting my small little collection up very soon!

On the Masquerade judging: Enough has been said on it. I wasn't too happy with the way some of the awards went, but I was still happy we got through our PSO skit, despite a few glitches here and there. Overall, we did better than at Sakura-Con, and it seems the audience liked us, seeing as we got stopped quite a few times for group pictures post-masq as we were limping back to the room to change out of the costumes, since we were tired and hungry at that point. I'm glad the fans liked us, and I consider it an accolade almost as much as getting a certificate from the judges. There will be other chances!

As for the Baycon/Fanime conflict, well, I've already cast in my vote by pre-registering for Fanime 2004. It'll be nice to see what happens post-Westin (Well, the elevator hell was slightly less worse than last year, but I think the escalators being completely out of service for the entire weekend was a deliberate plot against us. Their loss.) I may contemplate a one-day to Baycon, or hope for upcoming years, otherwise, I'll stay tuned to hear what develops over the next year.

The only panel I made it to this year was the California Anime Clubs one on Sunday early afternoon. I did get to meet a couple people I know from two Sacramento-area clubs, and am more or less pumped up about revitalizing my local club. I did fulfill my dealers' room joy by acquiring a copy of every volume of Gunsmith Cats that was to be had at Studio Proteus' booth - I've got lots of ideas for Bean Bandit's manga-version costumes... Now all I need is a Rally Vincent and Minnie-May Hopkins to be part of my group. :D (And NO, I was not Domon.... Grrr...) This was my first time cosplaying at Fanime, and my first time participating in the Masquerade skits. I'd gladly do it all again. (And I wasn't even fazed about roaming around most of Saturday afternoon/evening in a very warm multi-layer satin FOmar robe, though I wished I could have got a pic with the guy in the Mana dress - I guess it's the boy-in-a-dress thing... :) )

Apparently, I'm not as young as I used to be, because, after blowing off closing ceremonies and gripe, I went down to Mercado Center, got a Jamba Juice, went to Sunnyvale Golfland (where I saw that the games from Fanime's game room were being returned to), played Time Crisis 3, Initial D Ver. 2, and Ultracade until I had enough of it), then doubled back to the Round Table for pizza to go on the way home, then promptly plopped into a recliner around 11:00 pm, and dozed off to my new Genesis Climber Mospeada DVDs... Time and age are my enemies, but if Karisu doesn't inspire me, the 82-year old Rikku definitely does! :D (hopefully I'll have the tact to cosplay older-age characters by that time, but I don't think I want to go through the surgery needed to bring my height down below 5 feet tall. :cool: Well, at least I can cosplay Cherry from Urusei Yatsura by then...

I'm glad I didn't lose anything during the weekend (one casualty - the main zipper on my tote broke - I was pondering about replacing it with a Mythwear bag, but couldn't find anything that measured up to my standards...), but I have to thank one of the Anime Depot dealer staff for calling me out when I forgot to pick up my Noir Vol. 2 DVD after paying for it, and wandering toward the concession stand. Man, I would have been upset to no limit if I didn't realize that. I'd say they've gained a new loyal customer!

As for pictures, took a few good ones (About 56 worth showing off... quite a bit more than ACen, but then, I had an excuse, being on staff there.) I've got a few printed out to show off. It seemed Friday and Saturday were the days to get picture taking done. I'm still getting the hang of things with the new digicam, but it seemed the lobby area of the Westin was awfully dark to work in, even with the flash on the camera. I'm stuck with my 2.0 megapixel idiot-level camera for now, but I'll improve with it.

For the record, I was:
Friday all day: Bean Bandit from Riding Bean/Gunsmith Cats
Saturday AM: Naoh Tanaka from Otaku No Video 1982
Saturday PM: "Raider 3" FOmar from PSO Ep. 1&2
Sunday all day: Normal Raider3 with Fanime 2002 shirt.

Hoping to get perhaps something new done by Ani-Magic in Oct, but that remains to be seen on how far I progress on learning how to work a machine, and the basics of sewing. I'm hoping to get a machine of my own. I did use my mom's machine (Older than me, it's gotta be vintage 1962-era!) to do my Bean Bandit headband and the Telepipe scroll I had on stage at Der Cosplay - It was maddening as I had bobbin/tension problems quite a few times, plus forgetting how to properly thread the machine, but not bad for one night's experience on it. I'll improve - I'd better... I've got great ideas on the drawing board, but I think Bean Bandit and Tanaka will always be my signature cosplays, though I'm hoping to slim down and play Tanaka with padding, but there's no way I'll be able to be as huge and imposing as Bean Bandit - he has a shoe size US Mens 15 (I'm assuming, if I believe the Gunsmith Cats manga), and I can only manage an 11...

Great time overall, I'm hoping to make it to AX, and I'm looking forward to Japan Town Anime Faire, the Metreon, Cosplayer Boredom, and Ani-Magic coming up.

ChibiMoFo
06-24-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Baka Neko
Congrats to ChibiMoFo! You're videos were awesome! ^^

Thanks :D Sorry your vids didnt make finals though ;_; There was some tuff competition this year, and some ppl sent in videos almost a year old that won contests already :l

I noticed alot of ppl are upset about the masq judging, and I know what it's like to compete with others at these cons. I've always had mixed feelings about having judges being forced to not let someone win more than once... Sure it makes more ppl happy, but it also lessens the contest. If someones good enuff to win alot of awards, they must have deserved it. I wouldn't want to win just because all the better ppl already won something, but maybe thats just me and I'm not the sore loser type, and enjoy just being in a contest in the first place.....

The best way to avoid it all is the make awards that can't be sent to the same person (specializing them) I don't even remember what the 4 awards the gundam got, but if they wanna keep everyone happy without forcing winners, they need to make different awards.

Mink
06-24-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama

Yeah I kept thinking "Man if nothing else, I know Karisu probably brought her kids and that is so not 'kid friendly'." I think it was a bit over the edge.....I dont want to seem like a prude either. But I think that a really clever skit would have been just as great. (That goes for the sailor girls and the "peaker") And then I wouldnt have to listen to that big punk behind me yell after every skit "BRING BACK THE GIRLS!". Yeesh......

XeroRadius
06-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Twas my first Fanime...

Met a few peoples, kicked a lot of ass in the PC Gaming Area(Name was "Legacy" if any of you were there when I was...), didn't buy anything and missed out on the group pic(I forgot the Joe cosplayer's food in the car... x.x *runs off to cry*).

Wish I could've met more of ya. Would've been fun. :D But I prolly would've been shy or something, knowing me.

*runs around*

Wee...

L-Lamb
06-24-2003, 02:58 PM
::waves::
I'm new to this board and wanted to say hello.
Fanime 03 was my ::thinks:: 7th con but only my 2nd cosplaying ^_^
I met a few of you during the X get-together(after everyone talked me into going...thanks! I had fun).

I agree that the masquerade awards sucked, but I had fun. I'm kinda curious as to what anyone thought about our skit. We were the Fushigi Yuugi cast that ran behind the book and changed into sailor scouts. Good or bad, I'm curious. I was the Hotohori.

I'm glad next year it won't be at the Westin, that hotel bugs me. Some of the staff there are soo mean o_O

Anyways, just thought I'd say hi ^_^

Oh yea, and I was wondering who was going to Yaoi con? I want to go but I don't have anyone to go with -_-

K_Valentine
06-24-2003, 03:00 PM
Which X member were you, L-Lamb? I was the Subaru with the Post-it Ofuda.

Babbit_Chan
06-24-2003, 03:01 PM
L-Lamb: Your skit was cute! I was laughing when I saw Dieter on the elevator taking his cut-out home XD Yui was a little creepy, but the voiceovers behind the screen were funny ^^

L-Lamb
06-24-2003, 03:02 PM
I was the Hinoto!
I remember you! I saw you in a bunch of different costumes. Your Subaru and Battle Royale were great!

duck
06-24-2003, 04:48 PM
L-Lamb> Oh, your Hinoto costume was absolutely gorgeous! So shiney pretty happy!

(I was the short, ghetto Kanoe who had to be pointed towards the X gathering as she'd never actually seen or read anything X....)

L-Lamb
06-24-2003, 05:37 PM
ooooo you were the kanoe I posed with right?? ^_^
You were so pretty.
The X gathering was fun. All the characters were great. It was the first time I've ever seen X cosplayers! I always seem to miss them.

ichigo
06-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Yeah, L-Lamb...your costume rocked!!!
You really did look like Hinoto; the makeup and everything was perfect.
I do wonder where all the X cosplayers hide, because I've never seen any before this year...And it's not like X isn't big or anything.

L-Lamb
06-24-2003, 07:39 PM
ooo ooo ooo I know you! I know you! Well not personally but I totally remember you! I remember you from the previous Fanime when I was Hotohori! I got a picture of you and then a picture of you and your group. You guys were soo nice. ^_^ Thats so neat. Thanks for the compliments ^_^
The make-up was cool but you do have any idea how hard it is to find red eyeshadow? o_O hard......

Hitori
06-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Ooh, L-Lamb I loved yer Hinoto. I was the Nataku^_^ And the person who whenever I saw you went "Please please show up saturday at two!" I was close to begging I wanted you so much^_^ I mean... for the group....

HazelAsher
06-24-2003, 09:59 PM
L-Lamb - I remember you too! <3 I made a big deal about how coo yer costume was. Very good job, indeed! ^_^

MiwaSatoshi
06-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Well, this was an eventful con, and it was our first Fanime. My wife was the giant blue Chiyo-Pengi, if y'all remember the outfit ^_^

I competed in the karaoke contest (got into the finals, yeehaw), won some swag at trivia contests, moderated a panel, and cheered on my sis-in-law at Der Cosplay (she was Wakka in the FFX skit). Overall, best con EVAR. :D

HazelAsher
06-26-2003, 02:02 AM
Miwa - I remember you!! You were uber AWESOME in the karaoke contest! You had very good stage presence! :D

MiwaSatoshi
06-27-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by HazelAsher
Miwa - I remember you!! You were uber AWESOME in the karaoke contest! You had very good stage presence! :D

Thanks! :D Hirai Ken is so hard to sing past midnight though :eek:

Next year I think I'll pick songs I can do in my sleep (like stuff from MARMALADE BOY, KOR, and MAISON IKKOKU) ... that was too fun though!!!