PDA

View Full Version : Death Note/Bleach movie showing in Washington

cpardo
05-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey kids. So they're showing the Death Note movie this month in this area: Seattle, Auburn and Federal Way. The times are 7:30

Go to http://www.fathomevents.com/ to find the theaters and tickets.

The dates for Death Note is May 20 and 21st. I'll be at the 21st showing in Seattle. I'll probably cosplay L :). So if any would to meet up, sit together, take photos or whatever, feel free to post here.

Then on 11th and 12th of June, they will show the Bleach movie: Memories of Nobody. You can go to the same site for tickets. The times and places should be the same. I'll probably cosplay for that. I'm not sure which day to go yet. Does anyone know yet?

Perzephone
05-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Most likely I'll be cosplaying the FBI Agents Fiance' cannot remember her name of the life of me. Tuesday is what I'm trying to shoot for but most likely it looks like wensday.
For bleach hell yah I'll be going!

Ritsuko
05-12-2008, 09:48 PM
we'll be at the tuesday showing if I can switch my days at work, and if my car gets fixed. stupid car. *kicks it*

bishiekeeper
05-12-2008, 09:52 PM
I and my boyfriend are planning to attend!

saimon
05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
I own the second movie...don't really need to go to the showing.
xD

lilithfire
05-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Anybody going to the Pacific place showing on Tuesday, the 21st? Thats what my cousin, boyfriend and I is shooting for and we're cosplaying for that as well. PM me if you guys wanna group up! :)

Perzephone
05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm going on tuesday ^_^ WOOOT!

Ritsuko
05-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Guess I won't be going to the movie after all. My car just died, and I didn't get to work today. Probably wont be able to make it up, so I definitely have to go in next week. pooo.

I still am shooting for the Bleach movie though, as I've never seen it. Pray for my car guys! (cause I'm about to kill it. . .)

Kaits
05-13-2008, 08:43 PM
My brother, friend and I are going to the East Valley regal on Tues as L, Misa and Light. It sure stinks that the only showings are at 7:30pm.

cpardo
05-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Guess I won't be going to the movie after all. My car just died, and I didn't get to work today. Probably wont be able to make it up, so I definitely have to go in next week. pooo.

(cause I'm about to kill it. . .)

You can always go to the showing at the Seatac mall which is much closer to ya :).

I checked the Fathom site and it looks like DN will be showing in a theater in Olympia and Vancouver, WA as well. Fans rejoice!

StrawberryLum
05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
My friend and I will be going on Tuesday to the Auburn theatre. We'll be cosplaying, myself as Misa, and I believe she's cosplaying Light, but I can't remember.
Hopefully we won't be the only ones there cosplaying. lol

the_z
05-15-2008, 11:06 AM
any one from the mount vernon - Burlington area going to the one at the AMC theater up here (it a long shots lol)

Ritsuko
05-15-2008, 04:21 PM
You can always go to the showing at the Seatac mall which is much closer to ya :).

I checked the Fathom site and it looks like DN will be showing in a theater in Olympia and Vancouver, WA as well. Fans rejoice!

I was more worried about making up my hours at work. . . need the monies to make more cosplay. . .

BiZ
05-17-2008, 08:40 PM
My friend and I will be going on Tuesday to the Auburn theatre. We'll be cosplaying, myself as Misa, and I believe she's cosplaying Light, but I can't remember.
Hopefully we won't be the only ones there cosplaying. lol

Ah~My friend and I are going to try and make it that night as well. If we do decide to go, she will be Misa and I will be Matt. x]

cpardo
05-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Anyone going on Wednesday in Seattle???

Perzephone
05-18-2008, 03:16 AM
I might just go both days LOL since I been hearing half and hlaf are going tuesday (the day I'm going) and the next. I'll see what my friend thinks ;)

cpardo
05-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Actually I might got to both days too. I heard the trailer was played at Kent Station theaters, but that theater is not on the website list of theaters they'll show it at.

One thing of note: from what I hear and have been told, the movie will be DUBBED IN ENGLISH. Just so you know.

Kaits
05-19-2008, 02:26 AM
Dubbed? Really? I heard the DVD was going to be subbed though. Weird.

Oh, yeah quoted from fathom: "This event is English dubbed."

Why is it being treated as an R rating? I've seen the movie and I wouldn't think it'd be any more then PG. Maybe 13. Hopefully, they haven't changed anything. =/

cpardo
05-19-2008, 02:46 AM
Well the Naruto movie was dubbed in English and was also put out by Viz--probably just to get more people to come maybe? The DVD will most likely be dubbed in English and in Japanese too like Viz's other DVDs. The import version I have is of course Japanese only.

Perzephone
05-19-2008, 10:13 AM
UGH >.< REally? I hate english dubbed tracks for movies like this....IMHO english voice actors that tod this kind of thing SUCK! and just kill the mood of the emotion....just like in the anime's.
Oy! oh well I'll have to deal and then get the DVD myself when its available lol.

lilithfire
05-19-2008, 02:05 PM
hell, why dont we just sit all together and laugh at the dubs? :bigtu:

Perzephone
05-19-2008, 04:25 PM
LOL yes I love it!!

Kaits
05-19-2008, 10:17 PM
hell, why dont we just sit all together and laugh at the dubs? :bigtu:

Haha! I'm with you! :D

My brothers and I were watching Death Note on Adult swim and all of a sudden I was like, "Hey, Light is the same voice as Sai from Hikaru no go!" We all lost it and couldn't take it seriously after. XD

cpardo
05-20-2008, 03:02 AM
I think instead I'm going to go see it Wednesday in Auburn instead of Seattle, since I know some folks going and am going with them and the fact it's closer to me (I live in Kent). That means I have a Seattle showing ticket up for grabs for the Wednesday showing if anyone wants it. I can sell it for half price or even give it away. But I got to get rid of it before I go home Wednesday (I work in Seattle). PM or email me ASAP if you're interested.

Perzephone
05-20-2008, 03:06 AM
Where you work cpardo?

cpardo
05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Where you work cpardo?
I just emailed and PMd ya the info :).

cpardo
05-20-2008, 01:20 PM
My brothers and I were watching Death Note on Adult swim and all of a sudden I was like, "Hey, Light is the same voice as Sai from Hikaru no go!" We all lost it and couldn't take it seriously after. XD

Brad Swaile is a cool guy I met him at a con a few years back. He's been Mousse in Ranma 1/2, Amuro Ray in Original Gundam and many more. I like him as Light though it works for me.

lilithfire
05-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Due to schedule conflict (lol) I will be going to the Pacific Place showing tomorrow (wednesday). If anyone is heading there tomorrow, let me know! :)

Perzephone
05-20-2008, 03:03 PM
I'll be there too LOL to laugh and giggle at the horrid voice overs in english lol

xSnow
05-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey, I'll be at the Seattle showing in 5 hours from now ;D

I'll be dressed as Light, and with a Misa, L, and Ryuk. Yes, Ryuk.
It's going to be tight.

Let me know if you see me there!

Perzephone
05-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I will do :D

cpardo
05-20-2008, 11:37 PM
If you take photos, don't forget to post them here!

Kaits
05-21-2008, 12:50 AM
So went down to the movie theater today that it said online was playing it and they weren't. So we drove to another theater 20 minutes away that had it but when we got there it was sold out. I think I need to buy tickets in advance next time.

But I did get to run around the supermall as L and scare some moms. XD

Perzephone
05-21-2008, 02:24 AM
So went down to the movie theater today that it said online was playing it and they weren't. So we drove to another theater 20 minutes away that had it but when we got there it was sold out. I think I need to buy tickets in advance next time.

But I did get to run around the supermall as L and scare some moms. XD

LOL nice! I know at pacific place the ones that dressed up scared a few folks LOL. I'll be there again tomorrow :) and it was kind of hard to take pics sine the thearter was dark! Also was it just me or did Pacific place screw up on the sound? Cus omg it was all front speakers and not surround sound as it should be will all movies!

An TY again Cpardo :) for the ticket for tomorrow :D and it was nice to see you agian!

cpardo
05-21-2008, 01:18 PM
An TY again Cpardo :) for the ticket for tomorrow :D and it was nice to see you agian!

Oh you're welcome :). I meant you could take photos outside the theater, which is what I did for the Naruto movie. I'll see if I can take some tonight, sometimes the theaters are sensitive about cameras.

Oh maybe it's because it was shown in digital format the sound was different, but I can't remember if Naruto was like that.

xSnow
05-21-2008, 09:18 PM
LOL nice! I know at pacific place the ones that dressed up scared a few folks LOL. I'll be there again tomorrow :) and it was kind of hard to take pics sine the thearter was dark! Also was it just me or did Pacific place screw up on the sound? Cus omg it was all front speakers and not surround sound as it should be will all movies!

Oh, so you were there? Were you dressed as anyone? I was dressed as Light yesterday. :3 The one with the Ryuk.

as for the sound, I sat near the very front and it seemed fine to me. -shrug-

Perzephone
05-22-2008, 01:56 AM
I saw yah but I was in the back so I couldn't yell for you lol. I was dressed up as Naomi Misoari I had jeans on for the tuesday show but today I did the all black thing she did in the movie hehe. I sat in the back and it was so horrid with teh sound it was all front speakers lol so that is why it sounded fine there lol. Today it was in a difrent theater and the sound was way better!

Smoted
05-22-2008, 02:10 AM
just got back from it, and the extra part after the credits, still can't get over the fact that the director did Godzilla. anyway, is anybody going to the Auburn theatre for the Bleach showing in cosplay? me and my friend will be doing Kenpachi and Nel (respectively).

lilithfire
05-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Anybody going to the Pacific Place showing? Ill be going as Yoruichi again (please, please, i hope my costume gets here in time for Gasukan and the movie showing lol)

Perzephone
05-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Same here Lilith lol same here! I'll be cosplaying Rukia! and going to the Seattle Showing

cpardo
05-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I went to the Auburn showing with friends who are also on the executive board for Sakura Con. Their daughter was Misa, and there were 2 more L's and a Light. We sat with our feet up through the whole movie (well my left leg cramped up so I put it down)! It was fun. Teens were very excited--a little too much, and others told them to "shut up." But I loved it when fans cheer when Ryuk and L first appeared. I liked the dub version because they used the same voice actors for the anime English dub. But now I'll watch the Japanese version.

Haven't decided where and when to see the Bleach movie...

Amidoji
05-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Hey, Cpardo, let me know where and when and the Chikins and I might show up. I kinda leaning towards auburn myself though as it is close to my aunt's house and I think I know how to get to it.

cpardo
05-23-2008, 03:01 AM
I think this time I may see one showing in Auburn and the other in Seattle but we'll see. Double the fun! It was cool that they had a preview of the Bleach movie on the screens in the lobby and before the DN movie too, plus a poster in the lobby.

Rose of Malice
05-23-2008, 08:46 PM
I went to the Death Note screening in Auburn on the 20th. I was the Yagami Light with a scythe, ryuuku, and a Misa tagging along.

I don't know if I'm going to see Bleach since the series isn't my thing, but I might just to see how it works out.

Kaits
05-23-2008, 09:04 PM
I went to the Death Note screening in Auburn on the 20th. I was the Yagami Light with a scythe, ryuuku, and a Misa tagging along.

I don't know if I'm going to see Bleach since the series isn't my thing, but I might just to see how it works out.

Man, I wish I had seen you guys! I wanted to go to the theater after the movie was over becuase we were stilll out there, but couldn't convince everyone. :(

Photos! :D http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1523552/

cpardo
05-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Here's a couple of photos of Me and a Misa at the Supermall theaters on Wednesday:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1527231/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1527230/

Kaijugal
05-26-2008, 07:10 PM
just got back from it, and the extra part after the credits, still can't get over the fact that the director did Godzilla. anyway, is anybody going to the Auburn theatre for the Bleach showing in cosplay? me and my friend will be doing Kenpachi and Nel (respectively).
Shusuke Kaneko didn't only direct Godzilla but also directed the most amazing Gamera movie updates.
I'm looking forward to getting to see the Death Note movie in a theatre.
Cheers!
~Kaijugal

garfieldelric
05-29-2008, 06:50 PM
I was there too! But not in cosplay...... any pics from the Pacific Place showing, ne?

AznTranquility
05-29-2008, 06:54 PM
anyone going to Bleach showing on thursday june 11th? pacific place?

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Don't know. I have to go to work the next day for 5 am.

cpardo
05-30-2008, 03:54 PM
On a side note, the Seattle Int'l Film Festival will be showing the anime films Vexille and the new Evangelion film (!!!).

Perzephone
05-30-2008, 04:08 PM
NIce and I didn't know that! and this will for sure be in japanese and with english subs!

Smoted
06-01-2008, 12:12 AM
On a side note, the Seattle Int'l Film Festival will be showing the anime films Vexille and the new Evangelion film (!!!).

wait a minute, when and where in seattle? and secondly which new evangelion film? (i thought the live action was still in development hell?)

cpardo
06-01-2008, 02:16 AM
wait a minute, when and where in seattle? and secondly which new evangelion film? (i thought the live action was still in development hell?)

It's actually tonight at 11:55pm at the Egyptian theater (there's still time! Although it may be sold out), but it will show again June 4th at the Harvard Exit theater at 9:30pm.

http://www.siff.net/festival/film/detail.aspx?id=27586&fid=64

This is the new Evangelion ANIMATED film, a retelling of the the TV anime series. The live action film project is still somewhere in purgatory...

Back to Bleach: anyone going to the Bleach movie showing in Auburn or Federal Way? I may end up going there since it is closer after all.

Perzephone
06-04-2008, 02:08 AM
SO what days are ppl going to and where? I would love to know since I'll be cosplaying :D I'm thinking aobut going both days again like I did with Death Note

Lets hear which days and which theaters!

Rekka
06-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I'll probably be going to the Bleach movie in Seattle as Urahara. xD

cpardo
06-04-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm kind of leaning towards Federal Way showing if I have to go by myself. If I go with someone then Auburn. Still have to buy a ticket though. But I wonder are Zanpakutou are allowed into the theater...?

Perzephone
06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
I think if you um hide them well ROFL I'm bringin mine in and what days are everyone going ^_^ I see the theaters but what days :D

lilithfire
06-04-2008, 02:33 PM
^^ Ditto on Perzephone's, post. It would be awesome to have the Bleach group from Gasukan cosplay at the same theater once again. :) Agree on a certain day and theater maybe?

Heat
06-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Word! I'd like to bring Aizen to the Bleach movie :3!
Pacific Place is uuuuber nice *winknudgepokepoke*

Rekka
06-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Well, I'm going on the 11th (since I graduate on the 12th >o> ) to Pacific Place in Seattle.

AznTranquility
06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
me and some friends are going on the 11th @ pacific place

pandaa u better show up and bring lizzie

Heat
06-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Seeee...Seattle is where its at...The 11th is my last day of Senior year so why not celebrate, I'm fairly certain I'll be there then :bigtu:

Smoted
06-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Then i'm off base then, anybody goin to the Auburn one on the 12th? me and my Nel would love to get some pics

Rekka
06-04-2008, 10:14 PM
The 11th is my last day of Senior year so why not celebrate?

Hey, me too. :bigtu: We are the awesome class of '08! :skidude2:

AznTranquility
06-05-2008, 05:43 PM
should we buy tickets online? or at the theatres?
see u guys there

heat: i'll be looking out for aizen! are you wearing aizen to gasukan? yes yes?

cpardo
06-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Probably be best to buy one advance online, though there's a $1 service charge. However if you have a Moviewatcher card/# they waive the charge. Then you know you have a ticket for sure rather than last minute.

lilithfire
06-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Im probably going to the Wednesday or Thursday Pacific Place showing. Perhaps both. lol. Ill be there as school girl rukia.

Heat
06-06-2008, 01:45 AM
I reckon buying online would be best :P
That's what I did for the FMA movie
I'll bring some varient of Aizen for the movie if I can make it that night ^_^!
And sorry AznTranquility no Aizen this time, but I'll have a Simon ready :D!

Rekka
06-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Actually, CHANGE OF PLANS FOR ME.

I'm going to the one in Auburn on the 11th as Urahara. NOT Seattle. (Too bad I won't be able to see your Aizen cosplay, Heat. D: )

cpardo
06-08-2008, 05:54 PM
So all the Bleach folks I met at Gasukan, they'll be at the Seattle showing Wednesday? I'd love to come and love to see y'all again, but anyone going that lives south? I'm coming from Kent (although I'll be in Seattle working during the day). I hate to ask but a ride home in that later hour would help and then I can hang out with the Rukias again and the rest too.

Then maybe the next evening I can catch the showing down closer to where I am.

Maybe I can cobble together Ichigo's spring school uniform, which is just a white shirt and grey pants. Or the robes again, but how many hours did I wear those at Gasukan?

Rekka
06-09-2008, 02:38 AM
I hope some cosplayers come to Auburn on Wed the 11th. It would feel awkward to be the only cosplayer at the showing. D:

I wish I could go to the Seattle one, but my ride wants to go to Auburn, and I already got tickets. x|

Perzephone
06-09-2008, 03:33 AM
I will be there both days ^_^ @ Pacific Place and I think if I make my black Shinigami then I'll be Shinigami Rukia :D

cpardo
06-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Okay I'm sold. I'll come to the showing on the 11th at Pacific Place, who cares if I get home late?

Should I just wear the good ol' robes?

Perzephone
06-09-2008, 03:46 PM
hells yah Carlos! ^_^ I will be!

cpardo
06-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Cool. I just bought my ticket.

Would anyone like to meet for dinner before hand? I get off work at 4 in Seattle so I have lots of free time before the movie.

AznTranquility
06-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Okay!
im getting tickets now for the 11th
I'll be rukia...AGAIN!!!

hahahaha iunno where theatre is but im busing down from Lynnwood with some friends...

Perzephone
06-09-2008, 11:24 PM
its Pacific Place its right next to Nordstrom You can't miss it ^_^

cpardo
06-09-2008, 11:29 PM
The only thing about my Zangetsu is that for the movie I'll have to lug it in the box to and from home, then carry the box around downtown and into the theatre. They just had to design the zanpakuto to be big didn't they?

lilithfire
06-10-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm considering doing yoruichi again but I guess it depends on how hectic my schedule is on Wednesday. If not, I'll always have school girl rukia. :)

cpardo
06-10-2008, 03:01 AM
I'll bring the kitty in any case :)!

Perzephone
06-10-2008, 03:58 AM
hehe ^_^ I hope I get my black part of my Shinigami done by tomorrow night Sigh! lol

Heat
06-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm stylin' mai Ichigo wig!!!
Hope it turns out, wish me luck yo!

cpardo
06-11-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm getting off work at 4, freshen up and then head down maybe to the convention center to change into soul reaper robes and stuff. From there I'll grab dinner somewhere and head to the movie, unless anyone would like to meet beforehand for photos or something?

lilithfire
06-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I will be there around 6, if traffic isnt as miserable as usual. We should all take pictures. :) Dinner anyone?

Perzephone
06-11-2008, 05:55 PM
I would love to Carlos, but lol I get off at 5:30 and I need to get home to get dressed and pick up my friend Eli. I'll be dressing up as Everyday Rukia since my White Shinigamie got muddy :( and its soaking and I'm trying to get the out hehe.
Most likely I'll do her complete shinimgami on Thrusday ^_^

cpardo
06-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Dinner sounds good around 6, probably at pacific place then? I'll be there at 6 wandering around I guess. I didn't bring zangetsu it'd be too much hassle, and I forgot Yoruichi argh! Oh well I didn't forget me.

Rekka
06-12-2008, 01:36 AM
I hope you Seattlers had fun. I went to Auburn and DUDE. I was the only cosplayer there!! (Although my friend pointed out there was a guy with a sword, and I saw an Urahara hat (no costume)).

Guh. Still fun walking around in costume, though. And I had my cane and plushie neko!Yoruichi with me (although I forgot my fan, whoops).

Smoted
06-12-2008, 02:04 AM
hey Rekka, are you goin tommarow?

me and my nel will be there

oh and a selfish question, how many people were there?

AznTranquility
06-12-2008, 02:24 AM
wow so many cosplayers at pacific plaace!!!

sorry i thought rukia was yuroichi T.T the yellow eyes!

best part of movie?

"Of course, being on top is the best position"

lilithfire
06-12-2008, 10:53 AM
That's what I get for being late. LOL I had my yoruichi stuff and then realize that I have no shoes! LOL

Perzephone
06-12-2008, 01:05 PM
lol yes Azn LOL that ws the best part of hte movie qoute! btw who else is going agian tonight to Pacific place? I'm going :D

cpardo
06-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Yes it was a very good turnout for the movie. Lots of cosplayers who sat in front. Some were a bit rowdy during the movie. Hello--I'm trying watch the all-important movie over here!

Even some Naruto people showed up (!!???). But the more the merrier.

I wish there were more anime or Japanese cinema in theaters all year, then we could organize more meetups like this.

I was going to check out the Fed Way showing tonight, but I dunno I may be too tired after work to go.

Photos coming!

Perzephone
06-12-2008, 01:27 PM
lol sorry for being a rowdy Rukia ;) but it was fun to comment on some parts of the movie ^_^ I hope tonight has a good turn out

Rekka
06-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Nope, I can't go today. I graduate tonight, haha. :D;;

Perzephone
06-12-2008, 02:43 PM
oh Hey Happy Graduation ^_^

cpardo
06-12-2008, 03:50 PM
lol sorry for being a rowdy Rukia ;) but it was fun to comment on some parts of the movie ^_^ I hope tonight has a good turn out

Sorry, no I didn't mean you. The first row in front of us was very loud--come on this isn't Rocky Horror. And one of them called Orihime a bimbo! Not kosher.

Heat
06-12-2008, 04:04 PM
I had fun! Thanks to all teh awesome cosplayers and non-cosplayers that always make the experience worth while ^_^
I look forward to pictures :3

Perzephone
06-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Sorry, no I didn't mean you. The first row in front of us was very loud--come on this isn't Rocky Horror. And one of them called Orihime a bimbo! Not kosher.

Yah I heard that comment too. Not sure why they said that, maybe it was the excitement of the cosplaying and the movie. and its ok I didn't take that personally :) since lol I tried to lower my comments lol.

kelsey uchiha
06-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Question,anyone planning on attending the showing on Fri. night at the Southcenter(parkway plaza 12),tukwila showing?

Perzephone
06-13-2008, 02:55 AM
theres a friday showing? I can't since I already went to yesterdays and todays. and THERE WERE NO COSPLAYERS THERE! :( but it was much funner yesterday :)

Rekka
06-13-2008, 03:55 AM
oh Hey Happy Graduation ^_^

Thanks! x3

Perzephone
06-13-2008, 06:13 AM
np I hope it was alot of fun and fill with memories :D

lilithfire
06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I tried to catch up but my press broke! AHHHHHHH!!!! :waaaah: Ill try to upload the pictures from the wednesday showing though.

cpardo
06-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Question,anyone planning on attending the showing on Fri. night at the Southcenter(parkway plaza 12),tukwila showing?

I didn't see any listing for a showing there...hmmm...the website was just for Wed. and Thurs.

Yeah I look at list of movies at Southcenter...no Bleach there. I could be missing something though.

cpardo
06-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Here's photos from the movie showing Wednesday:

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/hkaddict/Bleach%20movie%20showing%20Pacific%20Place%20June% 2008/