PDA

View Full Version : J-rock at Baaf

Rinoa1022
06-22-2003, 05:20 PM
I kno Baaf is mainly shows anime films and such but wouldnt it be a good idea if maybe they had a j-rock concert? Iv heard of other cons having concerts and being that this is in ny theres plenty of places to have them at. I just think it would be a cool idea, no clu if itz possible, but what do you people tink?

dressdragn
06-25-2003, 05:02 PM
They were going to have silver ash to do a concert but there usa tour was cancled due to SARS.

~Anna

TheAnarCHris
06-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Thanks SARS!

EvilMoogleQueen
06-25-2003, 10:45 PM
hehe...sars...
thats almost amusing.

*ahem* not that I find SARS funny or anything...

Rinoa1022
06-25-2003, 11:02 PM
im not even sure who silver ash is but damn sars lol. next year we must get a music guest of sum kinda.

TheAnarCHris
06-26-2003, 12:58 PM
Not fer nuttin, but i rather see the money being used on j-rocks bands being used for actually anime related guests. Case in point, Otakon announced T.M. Revolution putting on a show, yet their still the only Japanese guests announced so far. The rest are all web cartoonist (god bless P.A.), voice goons and industry type ppl. Why go to a con to see a band who u dont havent any %^&$#ing clue as to what their saying when u can do the same thing cheaper and in english (thanks Hatebreed!).

Rinoa1022
06-26-2003, 01:25 PM
id like to see a band. you might not understand what there saying while their singing it but i tink the beat of the music and the meaning of the lyrics is more important. i also like they way visual bands do their shows. having a j-rock band do a show at a con is pretty much the only way ull ever see them so i tink the cons should bring sum over.

TheAnarCHris
06-26-2003, 01:47 PM
I've seen KISS live twice, I think I've had my fill of dudes in make-up for in my lifetime,lol.

Rinoa1022
06-26-2003, 02:50 PM
lol but these are sexi dudes in makeup :) ya kno you like

TheAnarCHris
06-27-2003, 01:05 AM
Hey KISS was sexy like 50 years ago or something,lol. Whatever, I rather be ugly and have Gene Simmon's bank account, then have my US tour cancelled by SARS.

twilighthush
07-18-2003, 02:45 PM
SARS is not something that's amusing.
And you shouldn't say things like that when someone who works for Silver Ash is quite active on the message board.

We put a lot of work into preparing the tour, and thousands of $ went to waste after SARS struck. It also killed thousands of people across Asia, and put millions of lives in Asia at jeapoardy.

Regardless of what, a band at a convention makes it more interesting and entertaining. Who wants to go to panels and sit through them all day long and go to screenings? That's not waht an anime con is about. It's about having fun, which is why all cons have dances.

Which is why they have bands there. It makes it more entertaining, and in Silver Ash's case -- it'd also make them more culturally diverse.

twilighthush
07-18-2003, 02:46 PM
We'll be trying to bring SA again next year for BAAF.

AmetenshiK
08-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by twilighthush
SARS is not something that's amusing.
And you shouldn't say things like that when someone who works for Silver Ash is quite active on the message board.

We put a lot of work into preparing the tour, and thousands of $ went to waste after SARS struck. It also killed thousands of people across Asia, and put millions of lives in Asia at jeapoardy.

Regardless of what, a band at a convention makes it more interesting and entertaining. Who wants to go to panels and sit through them all day long and go to screenings? That's not waht an anime con is about. It's about having fun, which is why all cons have dances.

Which is why they have bands there. It makes it more entertaining, and in Silver Ash's case -- it'd also make them more culturally diverse.

*nodnod* I agree! And, there are a lot of anime fans at anime conventions, but, many of the fans also go there to cosplay J-rock and...stuff XD But, a J-Rock concert would be a good way to introduce anime fans to it and make them addicted! Muahahah :D

xKaori
08-02-2003, 05:00 PM
Like I said before... Damn SARS... T.T
I was looking foward to seeing Silver Ash... >.<
Hope everything goes well next year!

blackmadonna
08-03-2003, 09:22 PM
*cough*NotAllConsHaveDancesEspeciallyTheSmallerOne s..*cough*

That said.. I'm all for JRock.. especially if it ties into Anime! Even JPop.. especially BoA because she does every song ever. [or not, but whatever ;)]

Though I would appreciate some non-anime related ones as well.. because they're all so delicious :D It would also be really fun to cosplay as a JRocker and then see them live! And, it would bring more people into the con who may not like Anime but like JRock or vice versa .. and maybe would get introduced to one or the other! [Myself, I love both XD]

Anyway.. just my .02$

X Kamui
08-03-2003, 11:57 PM
I think J-rock would be awsome, it would really get everyon pumped and rdy to... well, rock. Itd realy liven up the mood.

(as for sars, I agree, i was a big scare, not somthing to joke about, being that i have alot of relatives liveing in japan, really got me scared)

Cyber Wolf
08-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Well, I think you might get your wish (sorta ^^; ). A j-rock club is hosting a little party where we're going to show videos, play twister, and have a little tea party ^.^ The name of the club is called The Flaming J-rock Zoo (lol), and we're hosting it on Saturday. There's much fun to be had so come! I'll post the time when it's up ^___^

Rinoa1022
08-07-2003, 09:10 PM
very awsome! post details when ya can. i so wanan go to that

xKaori
08-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Sounds like fun!!! XD

blackmadonna
08-07-2003, 10:30 PM
YEAH for tea party and the Flaming J-Rock Zoo!!

I did tell you I'm bringing tea and spoons right? Because I AM!

*grins*

Me = really excited.

I like tea. And lovely JRock/JPop music videos :D :D :D

Cyber Wolf
08-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Okay, here's some more info on j-rock stuffies

On Saturday, we're having our little j-rock photoshoot early in the morning,promptly at 9:00, in the lobby. The Shoot leader will have a bi sign that says "Flaming J-rock Zoo" so ya can't miss it ^^