PDA

View Full Version : Don't Drop the Soap

chevron694
05-12-2008, 11:11 PM
I was waiting for someone to make a thread like this but you know what they say "want something done do it yourself".
A Public Service Announcement: Everyone PLEASE SHOWER bring a bar of soap form home or buy it from a store. They sell soap in the sheraton gift shop in the lobby. Just remeber kids bathing is a good thing lol. So everyone feel free to drop a line it counts as community service lol.
So, Please dont drop the soap!

djkidna
05-12-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm pretty sure at this point that everyone is aware that if you have con funk you will be singled out and shunned and maybe even put on the rack.

chevron694
05-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm pretty sure at this point that everyone is aware that if you have con funk you will be singled out and shunned and maybe even put on the rack.
Well just do what they do at Nekocon get a hasmat crew in there and fabrease them down. lol

djkidna
05-12-2008, 11:25 PM
I thought Febreeze was outlawed by the con staff

TenkanTamago
05-12-2008, 11:50 PM
It's not, at least last I checked it wasn't; they just ask that you, well, ask before you spray anyone.

And you gotta remember there are more and more new people coming into the cosplayer/convention scene every week. Not all of them are aware of the horrors of con-funk.

And no matter how many people KNOW you're supposed to bathe and all, a nice sized portion never do. They always mean to, or it just slipped their mind, they forgot, or they just plain ol' refused to leave the damn game room.

It's ALWAYS good to remind people to bathe. Please bathe, guys. It's our convention, too. <3

xlynx
05-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Let's shower kiddies
it sucks to be between a funk sandwich in the dealers room or any room for that matter D;

I mean for god sake people need to shower the convention is 3 days long, you can leave for at least 20 mins to shower, then come back, it will still be here!!!

D; and this year may have new people who aren't aware of the convention horror of the funkiness and not the dancing kind.

one of these days i'm going to buy a table at the con and sell some of my work and give out free soap >O!!

go with foamys ideal of pikachu shaped soaps xDD

Fainne Roisin
05-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Plus, if you're planning on wearing the same costume for more than one day, please fabreeze it down. Even if you shower, your costume will still be funky.

yukiko_mori
05-13-2008, 11:00 AM
PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!!!! wash your selve, i mean if you don't have access to a shower, i'm SURE there is SOMEONE willing to let you shower in their room... and there is also the pool, put on your bathing suit and hope in at least you'll smell like clorine rather then body funk

Sekana Katayama
05-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Yes yes, soap is for the best! Especially if you are *ahem* wearing leather all day. (Kingdom Hearts and Advent Children, this means you!)
I think we all know how hot it's gonna be, so please - think of the children! USE SOAP!

:bigtu:

Febreze Ninja
05-13-2008, 04:47 PM
U know I have to be in on this... ;)
As usual I am offering my services to fight da stank... if through out your day u need a refresh track me down, it can't be hard to find a 6ft + guy all in black. And as TenkanTamago said last time I checked I could still spray people but they have to ask for it...so now spraying the game room. If anyone wants it I can also throw them in the pool.

wanderingdreamr
05-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes shower, YOU WON'T MELT! And the pool is not the cure-all for not showering, it helps a bit, but then you're covered in chemicals and sweat!

Febreze Ninja
05-13-2008, 04:58 PM
true, but it wouldn't be the first time someone asked me, I think they wanted pictures.

fear_nothing
05-13-2008, 06:46 PM
IT'S LIKE BEING IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUNK SANDWICH!! ~ Foamy

Yes, bathing is good. It doesn't take long and the con will still be there when you get back, I promise.

I love good smelling people.

yukiko_mori
05-13-2008, 06:49 PM
haha pictures of it, well still i'l going to be pool side thurs day and such and i don't mind helping toss you in the pool... so long as you can swim, no it not a cure all, but it better then smelling funnky all day, plus the pool gets filter contantly as well

WritingOtaku
05-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Foamy endorses showers. That means they're good for you.

so SHOWER!

xlynx
05-14-2008, 06:57 AM
take a bar of soap and shove it underneath your arm

scrub for 30 mins then come back xDD

chevron694
05-14-2008, 12:37 PM
get some deodernt too Im sure they sell some in the loddy store too awell as soap

Kyasaren
05-14-2008, 01:11 PM
I think everyone on this forum knows to bathe.
The ones who don't are not on this website D;
OUR EFFORTS ARE FUTILE D8>

chevron694
05-14-2008, 01:56 PM
yes but the reason for this thread is so everyone can put there 2 cents in, so they can feel better about themselfs cause they know they bathe

wanderingdreamr
05-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Maybe we should make big signs that say TAKE A SHOWER on the door to the con?

WritingOtaku
05-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I don't think Con Ops would stop us.

I think they might encourage us to spread the word, actually.

Febreze Ninja
05-14-2008, 08:43 PM
get some deodernt ...

It's called Speedstick... it ain't expensive!

chevron694
05-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Maybe we should make big signs that say TAKE A SHOWER on the door to the con?

yea I dont think they have a problem like i said public service anounnment

Fory-san
05-15-2008, 01:20 AM
yea I dont think they have a problem like i said public service anounnment

I say we put a dead Narutard at the hotel entrance who hasn't bathed in years as a warning to those who enter the con. That'd get the message across. :toothy:

TenkanTamago
05-15-2008, 01:21 AM

WEAR DEODORANT NI...COSPLAYA!

xlynx
05-15-2008, 07:24 AM
^
@Fory: hey theres an ideal xDD lol

Sucosa
05-15-2008, 07:53 AM

I knew that viral video would come up at some point :rockon:

So let's see here- usage of the Bathtub to make fruit flavored alcoholic beverages=bad. Shower= Good.

Wasn't there a rumor of army of febreeze soldiers starting for this con? May I suggest a raid of the game room on day 2 of the con as the Febreeze armies first mission?

hentaigirl82
05-15-2008, 11:06 AM
SHOWERS FTW!!!!!

Oh yeah please dont spray Axe body spray on top of funk!!! It makes it smell way worst!!!

KawaiiEdea
05-15-2008, 12:58 PM
dood.. no matter how many times every con booklet states IN CAPS.. "PLEASE BATHE".. or how many threads like this exist.... there's always going to be con funk!! (because people who apparently don't know how to bathe do actually exist outside of conland :) )

LanceBardock
05-15-2008, 02:52 PM
I was going to establish a sentai force called Axeranger in which rangers of respective axe fragrances would attack the game room since that's the strongest of the ota-funk. However Hentaigirl brought up a really good point. so now I' think it'd be a good idea to just whack them with bottles of shower gel!

(i kid i kid...or do i...?)

fear_nothing
05-15-2008, 05:02 PM
We should really have a check before you enter Animazement. Only those who bathe are allowed in for safety puroses!!

And please dont go swimming and say that counts - it only makes you smell worse, actually

xlynx
05-16-2008, 06:50 AM
ewwww cloriny!!!!!

yea don't jump in a pool and say it counts

you should love showers D= WARM WATER!!!! AND SWEAKNESS <33333

Skyline Kyo
05-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I think at A-kon, they gave out sample deordarant along with your con badge and stuff. I thought it was a great idea...

UNTIL NO ONE USED THEM.

Honestly, I don't get why some folks just can't shower. You stink, you smell, you're going to scare people away.

Febreze Ninja
05-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Wasn't there a rumor of army of febreeze soldiers starting for this con? May I suggest a raid of the game room on day 2 of the con as the Febreeze armies first mission?

I've heard that to, I hope they don't go crazy and spray everything in sight. I would suck if they ended up baning febreze cause people can't control their urge to refreshen.

Sekana Katayama
05-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I've heard that to, I hope they don't go crazy and spray everything in sight. I would suck if they ended up baning febreze cause people can't control their urge to refreshen.

Yes, that would be really unfortunate, and I wish I could be more serious at the moment... but... ahaha... :crylaugh:

Sorry, but that line is awesome. "'Cause people can't control their urge to refreshen..." Rofl... :toothy:

FFrikku
05-18-2008, 08:48 PM

my friend's boss (is probably lurking somewhere on here) was supposed to be a febreeze samurai this year but i think he injured himself and cant come.

BATHE, BITTE!!!
good grief. it aint that hard peeps. but you guys are right that the target audience is those at the con, and not on the boards.
please take it easy on the axe, men, too much of that stuff is almost worse than not bathing.

xlynx
05-19-2008, 06:49 AM
mmmm I got some new strawberry scented shampoo =.= i smell nice <333

lol

I want strawberry scented soap D8!! -goes to buy-

FFrikku
05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
i still like my idea of moogle-shaped soap
c'mon everyone lurves moogles ^3^

chevron694
05-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Remember were almost out of the second day and the soon it well be tomorrow. DONT FORGET THE SOAP buy some soap tomorrow or something. You know some cons should have soap sponsors they just hand out free soap samples like "try Dove or Irish Springs" lol smelling clean and adverting. This message was brought to you by Dove

double00beaver
05-21-2008, 12:25 AM
I have my strawberry scented body wash already packed. -thumbs up-

Heck, the hotels give out free samples of soap, toothpaste, shampoo, and conditioner. USE THEM.

F.K.A.Freya
05-21-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm gonna smell like cucumber melon...mmmmmmmmm

Bathing is good...and fun...provided you have a rubber duckey...

I tell all the people I know that want to go to cons for the first time to bring lots of soap and not to be too surprized when the second day rolls around and people start smelling funky. They thought I was joking. I can't wait until they experience it and find that I'm right.

xlynx
05-21-2008, 06:41 AM
STRAWBERRY SCENTED BODY WASH!! -stealz- lol
actually my body wash is from victoria secrets xD
yeash soap will be the first thing i pack >3 even thought i'm going to be at someones house and they will have soap but i'll bring extra xDD lol

i wish i knew how to make moogle soap i still need to figure out how to make soap first xD

LanceBardock
05-21-2008, 07:40 AM
I have a few choices for soap, regardless, if I'm going shirtless I'll be smellin clean!

xlynx
05-21-2008, 07:47 AM
-sniff- ahhh nothing beats a wanderful smell of cleaness in the morning ll'D

<3

lol

chevron694
05-21-2008, 12:08 PM
STRAWBERRY SCENTED BODY WASH!! -stealz- lol
actually my body wash is from victoria secrets xD
yeash soap will be the first thing i pack >3 even thought i'm going to be at someones house and they will have soap but i'll bring extra xDD lol

i wish i knew how to make moogle soap i still need to figure out how to make soap first xD

? victoria secrets ? ooooooooo right gegedy lol as long as your clean and appearentlly expensive

double00beaver
05-21-2008, 12:09 PM
-rolls eyes- Men.

chevron694
05-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Who else but Quagmire. But I digress bathe everyone

xlynx
05-22-2008, 06:54 AM
@chevron694: xDD sry taken!!! lol ha!

xlynx
05-28-2008, 07:34 AM
do you know whats really sad...
having con funk before con even starts O-o

there was someone at pre-con who already had it

LanceBardock
05-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Though interesting enough, This year was especially funk free

ZombieFodder
05-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Though interesting enough, This year was especially funk free
You stayed out of the game room, didn't you? :)

xlynx
05-28-2008, 08:05 AM
true
there were parts

I will say the game room did O_O

edit: YEA^

I walked in there one time and ran out cause i couldn't stand it xD

chevron694
05-28-2008, 11:41 AM
@chevron694: xDD sry taken!!! lol ha!

Rats lol

djkidna
05-28-2008, 12:41 PM
The game room is always gonna have con funk. It's a law of nature I think.

minakocat
05-28-2008, 11:28 PM
yea, def the game room

and the rave.... oh gosh. that was bad... lol

but for the most part, fairly funk-free

Se7enBishie
05-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Also the tent when they were broadcasting the cosplay contest...the staff member standing outside couldn't even stand the con funk inside.