PDA

View Full Version : Prince Caspian?

zootsgirl15
05-17-2008, 03:20 PM
So, I just got back from seeing prince Caspian and I LOVED it. Besides the action, magic, and bits of romance(not to mention Ben Barnes) I couldnt keep my eyes off of Susans costumes. So, I was curious if anyone else planned to cosplay from this movie? I just finished buying fabric and dye to make this dress

http://costumes.narniaweb.com/pc_pevensiesfiles/supurple1.jpg

Not to mention, Im planning on making Caspians battle outfit to go along with my Susan XD

Garuda_Aiacos
05-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Actually, if you ignore some of the silly rules over at the Narnia Costuming Forum :sulk: (first time someone tell me I can't use the word "Hell") this will be a good place to get some infos about the Susan Purple Dress other than the Costume Website:

http://www.narniaweb.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=3&SCRN=0

I did Lucy Red Dress for the Lion Party in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to accompany my friends who did Armored Peter, Susan Red Battle Dress and Armored Miraz, and I can say that due to lack of fund (and thus time), my costume is only 50% done when worn over the weekend and Ver. 1.1, 1.2 etc will hopefully follow suite soon before the May 29th release in Singapore or probably later.

I was also suppose to do Lucy School Uniform to accompany my friend who did a Susan School Uniform but since I "overspent" on my Lucy Red Dress, I put it together instead from my Harry Potter Costume (guess whose :p) and have plans to get the actual one done later when I got the money to burn and found a better material for it.

In the future, depending on my luck finding TheOne Fabric, financial status and skills, I might do Susan's or/and Lucy's other costumes too, whether from LWW or Prince Caspian. ;)

zootsgirl15
05-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh thanks for the link!
What pattern did you use for Lucys dress?
Ive just found that Im now making all 4 pevensie children+Caspains costume
><

Seiyora
05-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Oooh, I know! I loved her costumes! The blue one she wears at the end is officially a dream cosplay for me... since it's a bit out of my skill level, haha. Caspian's last outfit was great, too. Wonder if I could get one of my male friends to cosplay with me? ;P

Drackt
05-20-2008, 06:39 PM
I might just crossplay as Caspian one of these days...

Maybe his main outfit, or maybe his gaucho outfit from the end of the movie...

zootsgirl15
05-20-2008, 07:17 PM
oooo yeah, I loved Susans end outfit, its just so beautiful! But for now, Im stickin to the purple dress, because thats all I can manage, but it should be fun dressing up with 3 other pevensies, and my own personal Caspian ;)

GraelynRose
05-21-2008, 02:26 AM
I'm actually going to try to make Lucy's dress...once I get money. I'm kind of scared that it won't turn out well, but I'm determined.

Garuda_Aiacos
05-21-2008, 03:48 AM
What pattern did you use for Lucys dress?

I actually didn't make the Bodice or Inner Dress of my costume; had a little help that my wallet wasn't happy about. :bashful:

But you can use most Princess Seam Dress Pattern with modification to make the Bodice.
Inner Dress is up to your desire; some made a full dress while others sleevesless and some skip it and went for "shortcuts" like skirt and inserts on the Bodice to give illusion of a inner dress.
I went for Princess Seams Semi-Full Dress as I want to be able to re-use it for other costume, maybe LOTR-Elven ones.

The Outer Skirt was just a simple circle skirt with a back gore which is also wrong but I wanted a Full Skirt and this pattern is easier to do quickly as I only got barely a week to do it in between making the pattern and dyeing the cloth several times; I guess the original is more a shaped kind, maybe still with the gore.

Materialwise, I used Red-Brown Silk Velvet for the Bodice Sleeves, Silk Dupioni for the Bodice (went for more grey than bronze/brass color), Polyester Silk Satin for the Inner Dress (a Princess Seam pattern) and Bodice Sleeves Lining, Linen-Polyester Blend for the Outer Skirt (which is still a headache to dye to match to the sleeves) and Pongee for the Inner Dress and Bodice Lining.

If I had the extra money, I might go for Raw Silk (from China?) or even Silk Dupioni/Indian Raw Silk that had been washed several time in Tap Hot Water to remove the sheen, for the skirt.

For the trim on the Bodice, I guess if on a budget, can use one of those Brocade Trimming Ribbon. I wanted to add my own touch and went for an Elaborate Embroidery & Beaded kind which when I got the time willl re-line with Brocade Ribbon to get a straight line look along the sides or add more beads to it.

The Bodice and Sleeves Hem are also trimmed in Gold Piping; original is braid kind but I can't find any that small. I also used this trim for the upper arm which I thot is similar to the original.

Will do the proper page about it on my website one of these days when I'm free.

zootsgirl15
05-21-2008, 08:31 AM
hmmmm it seems that Susans purple dress is in the same style as Lucys, so Ill probably do the same thing for both dresses
Im still deciding if I want to shortcut for susan, and just attach blue lining to the sleeves and puff it out, instead of making a full blue underdress. As of now, I have all the fabric for the bodice, and some for the overskirt, but since Joanns was out, Im gonna go get more and then dye it a darker purple
Im gonna need to see the movie again for better images

http://costumes.narniaweb.com/caspian/grouphow1.jpg

moonflower.
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
LOL. The "Hell"' thing makes me laugh, as well as their rule that "OMG" is swearing...

Tess
05-21-2008, 06:27 PM
I've been wanting to try my hand at chainmail for a while now and Susan's battle attire from this movie may finally give me that opportunity. XD [I've already begun to try to convince my bf that he would make a very dashing Caspian.]

@-->--- Tess

zootsgirl15
05-21-2008, 09:08 PM
oooo good luck with the chain mail!
I was going to give that a try but it seemed too hard for me. Right now, Im stickin with the purple dress, and then hopefully I can make Susans end dress(anyone else fall in love with it?)
As far as the purple dress goes, I bought some blue/gray country cotton for the underdress, which Ive decided to create instead of shortcutting. I also bought the gold braid for the bottom of the bodice as well as the gold fabric for the daffodils. The only thing left to do is dye the fabric and then I can get started!
woooo!
oh, and also, I bought MCcalls 4107 for part of the bodice, View E seems like it will work, Im just going to move the lacing to the back and then add the sleeves
progress pics will be asap!

QueenOfNarnia
09-03-2008, 04:04 PM
LOL. The "Hell"' thing makes me laugh, as well as their rule that "OMG" is swearing...
I would like to point out that many Narniawebbers are christians and are very offended if you use those words. Thanks.

Demon Doll
09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I would like to point out that many Narniawebbers are christians and are very offended if you use those words. Thanks.

Why am I so tempted to say Hell over and over again? Hehehe!:toothy:

on another note..
I loved the movies! You may also have luck with ren costume patterns for the outfit.

Garuda_Aiacos
09-05-2008, 01:24 AM
It's just the sad reality of some people when they take certain harmless thing to heart and making a storm out of minor things which is a norm for the rest of the world. :rolleyes:

And it's not like using the F-Word in whatever languages on the forum......

anime_wench
12-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh man, I wish there was such a lively / active Narnia crowd on cosplay.com right now! My fiance and I are all geared up and ready for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and just finished our Susan and Caspian costumes.. and there's no one to share the geeky love joy with! lol...

mdelgiorno17
12-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Oh man, I wish there was such a lively / active Narnia crowd on cosplay.com right now! My fiance and I are all geared up and ready for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and just finished our Susan and Caspian costumes.. and there's no one to share the geeky love joy with! lol...

I went at midnight in my half-finished Susan farewell gown. :-) There were less than 20 people at the midnight showing, and only my friend (cosplaying Reepicheep) and I dressed up!

everythingman
12-11-2010, 09:46 PM
I went at midnight in my half-finished Susan farewell gown. :-) There were less than 20 people at the midnight showing, and only my friend (cosplaying Reepicheep) and I dressed up!

Do you have pictures of your farewell Susan gown and Reepicheep? We were surprised at how many people were cosplaying at our local theater!

mdelgiorno17
12-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Do you have pictures of your farewell Susan gown and Reepicheep? We were surprised at how many people were cosplaying at our local theater!

I have a couple that I might post as WIP photos. Sadly, the thing really was only half-finished, and I didn't really want to take many photos of it in that state. I had to make a budget-friendly choice and used some silk dupioni that I had in my stash (couldn't pass it up at $4 a yard), so there is no floral pattern. I really want to tear it apart and embroider the heck out of it, but I know it will take me forever! I also didn't have enough to make the dress floor length, so I'll be adding a strip of the same fabric that I'm using for the trim to the hem to lengthen it.

I'll try to finish it up (minus the embroidery) tomorrow and get some pictures.

anime_wench
12-14-2010, 01:43 PM
What did you think of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader? I thought it was sooooo much better than the first two movies! I teared up like a baby towards the end! I'm kind of impatient to see it again, but with TRON coming out on Thursday, I have to conserve my movie-going money! ^_^

mdelgiorno17
12-14-2010, 06:18 PM
What did you think of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader? I thought it was sooooo much better than the first two movies! I teared up like a baby towards the end! I'm kind of impatient to see it again, but with TRON coming out on Thursday, I have to conserve my movie-going money! ^_^

Even though it differed a bit from what I remember of the book, I was very happy that I went to see this one at the theater and want to see it again too! It flowed really well and didn't seem to drag on or end too quickly- I liked the pace, if that makes sense at all.

anime_wench
12-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I intentionally didn't re-read the book before watching the movie, because I think that's what colored my opinion of the first two movies. I am just too much of a book snob to fully appreciate what the movies were able to convey. But yeah, this one flowed just right.. it wasn't overly action-heavy, like Caspian, or overly dramatic like the first Narnia. And OMG I LOVED the scenes with the painting turning into Narnia! Best. Transition. EVER. ^_^

mdelgiorno17
12-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Agreed! The painting turning into Narnia was spectacularly done!