PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 2009

Lady Shinsei
05-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Well fellow ninja, I hereby declare that the official topic for discussing your Naruto cosplay plans for SakuraCon 2009 is now..... OFFICIALLY OPEN! Dattebayo!

Greetings, I'm the lovely kunoichi who'll be in charge of the official Naruto photoshoot at SC'09, and I highly encourage everyone here to try their best to show up and have a real blast! (and of course, keep in mind all con rules; I don't want folks pulling weird crap and getting in trouble)

UPDATE: Day/Time finalized = Sat. April 11th, at 1pm

My Current Costume Plans: Punk Kankuro, 2nd-style Kankuro (w/ Karasu), and attempting to try Rave-Party Naruto

Perzephone
05-18-2008, 12:49 AM
I will soo be there! ^_^ In my shippuuden Sakura!
I'm not sure if I'll be doing other characters for the other days..not sure I might depends on how much time I have to make them as I am making other costumes at this time :P.
Oh decisions and That is one costume I know for sure I'll be doing ^_^

lilithfire
05-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Shippuuden Temari and Shikamaru will be present! lol

As for printing flyers, I have a print shop at Redmond and if you need flyers let me know and I can print some out for you for much cheaper than Kinkos. :)

Perzephone
05-20-2008, 02:03 PM
oh and I'll be doing ARtbook Sakura as well ^_^

Lady Shinsei
05-25-2008, 07:45 PM
@lilithfire = Make me some prints? That'd be awesome, and allow for me to use the artwork that I originally planned for the ad (been trying to do b&w junk since I'm without a color printer for a while). My sister's best friend, Charity, has made a ton of great Naruto fan art (big chunk of which is posted on Seishougakure's website), and she gave me permission to use it for advertising the club. Mwa ha ha... especially now that one of her best pics ever has been published 'nationwide' in the current issue of the "Naruto Collector" books (page 4; a pic of Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru, dressed in festive garb and toting traditional music instruments along with chibi forms of their summons). I hope it wouldn't be that much money.

@perzephone = Artbook Sakura? What outfit is that?! There's so many that I know of...

Justke
05-25-2008, 08:23 PM
I'll be Shippuuden Hinata with a bunch of ANBUs :D hehehe. If all goes well, at least.

Perzephone
05-26-2008, 02:51 PM
This is the artbook sakura that I am planning on doing. ^_^
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Perzephone/naruto-animebook-04.jpg

Lady Shinsei
05-26-2008, 09:15 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!! I love that outfit!

That's going to look so cool... you'll get lots of pics, even if folks don't recognize you as being Sakura. (as it always happens when you do an outfit that's official art or fan art and not in an anime)

lilithfire
05-27-2008, 03:05 PM
@lilithfire = Make me some prints? That'd be awesome, and allow for me to use the artwork that I originally planned for the ad (been trying to do b&w junk since I'm without a color printer for a while). My sister's best friend, Charity, has made a ton of great Naruto fan art (big chunk of which is posted on Seishougakure's website), and she gave me permission to use it for advertising the club. Mwa ha ha... especially now that one of her best pics ever has been published 'nationwide' in the current issue of the "Naruto Collector" books (page 4; a pic of Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru, dressed in festive garb and toting traditional music instruments along with chibi forms of their summons). I hope it wouldn't be that much money.

Dont worry just give me your budget and lets work out something. If you need help with designing, let me know as well cuz im a graphic designer by profession so i could definitely help you out with that. :)

Funkarilla
05-27-2008, 06:11 PM
If I can make it, I will be doing Tayuya Demon form... with the horns and everything. I already made the horns and bought the wig, the main tunic and bow is finished too. All I need are some contacts and it'll be done. I really hope I can make it.

garfieldelric
05-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, obviously, I got Naruto Uzumaki (first series) ready~!

kelsey uchiha
05-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I'll most likely be covering Chunin exam version Sasuke and shippuden version as well.

Lady Shinsei
05-29-2008, 10:54 PM
@ Funkarilla = WOW! That sounds totally badass. I've never seen anyone do her, and she's my fave of the Sound Ninja 5 (well, next to Kimimaro).

@ Lilithfire = I'll make an ad, and send it to you in a PM for perusing; if you think that you could make it look cooler than my stuff, let me know.

@ Kelsey_Uchiha = I personally think it's cool to do the Chuunin Exam version of Sasuke... less gay than the Shippuden one, IMO (*snort*). J/K. Just do whatever you feel best at wearing.

Well, obviously, I got Naruto Uzumaki (first series) ready~!

Yeah, but... it ain't finished unless you get the darn wig.

puckcc
05-30-2008, 08:14 PM
I went as Uzumaki Kushina this year (if anyone saw some pregnant girl in a black dress running around, that was me. But I wasn't actually pregnant...) But as of now, her outfit is kind of... dull. I'm really hoping that she'll get a cover page or a flashback in a different outfit (or with color!) If that happens, I'll make a costume for sure and wear it to Sakura Con. If not, I probably won't go as her next year. :\

Either way, I'll definitely be at the photoshoot with my camera. :D

DevientShadow
06-08-2008, 10:38 PM
I will definitely be there this year. Probably be doing my Kimimaro again, only this time it will be variant 2! Updated and finally (hopefully) finished! :toothy:

Lady Shinsei
07-27-2008, 04:48 PM
I sure hope that you get that finished. It'd be pretty cool to see.

Hmmm... I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to do Kankuro next year. The girl in charge of doing my hood for me is going on vacation to Japan, and I think she's forgotten that I already paid her for the hood. Ugh. Anyways, I'm hoping to get the rest of what I need to do Time-Jump Naruto (so far, all I need is a wig, orange sweat pants, and black Konoha sandals). So glad I already have the jacket.

PrincessLulu
07-27-2008, 09:02 PM
~yayyyy~

I will most likley be Lolita Kiba one day and then depending on how much people like it i might change halfway through the day into my Temari (2nd outfit)

I will also bring along my tenten due to the fact that shes always a comfey cosplay to fall back on and I DONT NEED A WIG :D

Ritsuko
07-30-2008, 08:47 AM
don't known if we'll be living here or in san Fran next year, which could greatly influence whether we go to next sakura, but if we do come up, we'll probably bring some form of Naruto peeps. . .

Perz: I really, reeally want to be the artbook Sasuke to your artbook Sakura! If we come up, and I can talk plude into being the Naruto, we totally will!!!

Perzephone
07-30-2008, 02:18 PM
DUDE why are you guys moving there :( noooo! :(

I still need to come hang with you 2 and make our costumes :D

Ritsuko
07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
DUDE why are you guys moving there :( noooo! :(

I still need to come hang with you 2 and make our costumes :D

. . . more cons? Well, that, and there's not really anywhere fashion wise in this area where we want to work.

I totally want to get together for a sewing day! Let us talk through Pms about it, cause I know your busy with your show, and I'm gonna be mega busy with gradumating at the end of the year. . .

Ginpatsu
07-30-2008, 02:30 PM
It's too bad Kakashi's outfit doesn't change much. Or well, at all. ><'' But I'll be making my current outfit better and bringing him back for the next con. I need a better Raikiri, any one got any ideas?

And possibly Young!Itachi depending on.. circumstances. xD

lilithfire
08-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Speaking of Artbook, the Shippuuden Temari Im bringing will be the artbook variant. Its too bad she doesnt have an artbook photo but it gives me the creative liberty i guess.

Kumi-chan
08-02-2008, 09:38 PM
*feels a little silly*

Okay, I'm not a huge Naruto fan, though I've liked the series since Shonen Jump started coming out in the U.S. And I've recently caught myself up on the Japanese releases of the manga, and, well, I kind of want to cosplay from it.

Specifically, I'm thinking Uzumaki Kushina. For some reason, the little information that's been released on her makes her really appealing to me. But I don't really want to do the version seen in the manga, because honestly I'd feel a little weird about it; I'd rather do a kunoichi-concept version of her as a younger woman. Maybe even with a younger version of Minato (Jounin vest, Kakashi's story era).

I'm trying to figure out what to do for her. One idea I like is to give her long pigtails, like Naruto's Sexy-no-Jutsu only in red. I also like the idea of using orange, black, and/or blue for her outfit, and probably using pants or shorts instead of a skirt or dress. I'm having some trouble beyond that. The pigtails were partly inspired by fanart concepts, but they do make sense (beyond adding a connecting visual element between her and Naruto). If I had hair that long, I'd certainly tie it back for work. But I'm not sure about her outfit. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards boyish, but I don't want to rely too heavily on Naruto's design, just hint at it.

I'm not sure about this, especially since I'm not as deeply into the series as a lot of people. How might it be received? However I end up fashioning the design I'd like to do a good job on it so I'm not just a random O.C. cosplayer. Having a Minato might help.

Lady Shinsei
08-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I love your idea! Definitely something that no one's tried yet, and it certainly sounds like it'll be awesome if you can pull it off (and of course, get someone to hang with you who's dressed as Kakashi-gaiden Minato). I especially enjoy the idea of her wearing long pigtails, because that would be a nice tie to Naruto's Sexy Jutsu in that such an element could have come about from what tiny bit of memory he might have of his mother when he was a baby.

Hmmm... this gives me a fun idea to try something... I'll be back in a few minutes to show you what I mean. *wink-wink*

garfieldelric
08-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Is there any good wig store around ze the Seattle area? All I need is that now....

Lady Shinsei
08-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Not if you're looking for a Naruto wig. None of the stores that sell wigs around here have anything even close to that (believe me, I've looked). Champion Party Supply near downtown has a lot of cool wigs, but a lot of them are in neon colors unfortunately.

Kumi-chan = I got an interesting idea of what your costume might look like, and used the 'dream avatar' creator for Gaia Online to come up with something close (only thing wrong is that I couldn't get those pigtails that're like the ones Naruto uses in Sexy Jutsu). So... here ya go... a quickly done masterpiece.

http://public2.tektek.org/img/av/0808/d03/1238/343e65.png

Kumi-chan
08-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Oh, now that's way too cute! I really like that!
I might go with shorts instead of pants, but that's really adorable. And boyish enough too. Just have to add the spiral emblems to it.

Thanks, Lady Shinsei. I'm thinking of starting with this wig (http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_innocent.html) in Henna Red (it's the only one I know of that has a skin part in the back), moving the pigtails up, stubbing them, and adding extensions. Kushina doesn't have an official shade of red for her hair color yet, right? She's just said to have "bright red" hair, and I'd rather not go for the Ronald McDonald shade they have in the unnatural colors.

Ginpatsu
08-04-2008, 07:56 AM
I personally like your idea, Kumi-chan. Flashbacks seems to usually get missed in the cosplay world. -cough- Even my Obito buddy who hung out with me when I cosplayed Kakashi gets mistaken for someone from another series. Even by Kakashi fans. >>;

So be prepared to not be readily recognizable. Also, wouldn't someone with long red pigtails in SnJ style be mistaken easily for a SnJ Gaara or Sasori? Are there any official colors for her?

Kumi-chan
08-04-2008, 11:58 AM
It's okay, I'm expecting that I won't be recognized by the majority of people, if any. I cosplay a lot of characters from older shows, so I'm used to that. Hopefully I'll have a Minato, because a lot of folks will recognize him; some of them might connect the dots.
I guess I could see 'girl + high red pigtails + headband/sandals = Sexy no Jutsu!whoever!'. I'm hoping to incorporate some design details that make it clear where I'm supposed to be from. One would be the design on the headband. I've got two ideas on that, one of which relates to the background information we've been given on her.

I don't believe she has official colors for her clothing yet. I don't know when (or if) we'll get more visual references on her, or anything showing her when she's not pregnant or wearing maternity clothes. Orange, blue, and black make about as much sense as any other choices right now, and I hope they might offer a visual clue.

Plus, I like 'em ^^ (looks surprisingly good in orange). Just have to make sure the shade doesn't clash too much with her hair, which is why I like the idea of having the pants be orange and her top being blue and black. Keep the more neutral colors close to the face/hair.

Lady Shinsei
08-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Are you going to make the headband have the symbol for the Whirlpool country, I take it? Because she's supposedly from that now-nonexistent place and that might help folks cue in on who she is even more.

Kumi-chan
08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
That was the idea, yeah. Question is, what does the symbol look like? Should I just use the spiral Naruto has on his shoulder? It makes sense to me.

Got orange jeans and a black hoodie from ebay, and I'm looking at sandals and some gloves/arm warmers. I also found a necklace at Wal-Mart I'd like to get, maybe to replace the zipper pull on her jacket, or just to wear. It's a circle about the size of a half dollar, with different-sized spirals inside. It's white gold, though, so it's about $40; a little more than I'd usually pay for a cosplay accessory, but it's a nice necklace and I can see wearing it for other occasions. I'll wait on it and see if I still feel like getting it closer to when it's time to wear the costume.

I might try to get everything put together by next month. Probably can't totally style the wig by then (still have to order that) but I can at least buy it and straighten the existing pigtails.

Lady Shinsei
08-05-2008, 05:25 PM
http://www.leafninja.com/biographies-U.php

Check out the image of Kushina on this; that symbol is the largest I could find so far (and if you feel like browsing the rest of the site for info, go ahead; Leafninja.com has the largest library of Naruto knowledge in existence).

Kumi-chan
08-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Ah, thank you. That's really useful. ^_^
Though I'm wondering...like I said, I'm not really super into the series, I just enjoy it. Aren't most of the symbols more of a picture than a character? Kushina's design is the kanji for whirlpool, so I was wondering.

Oh, this is the necklace (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9721959) I was looking at. Looks like it's silver, not white gold. It's cheaper in the store.

Lady Shinsei
08-24-2008, 01:49 PM
The Whirlpool Country has only been mentioned in reference to Kushina, and not much else has been said about it aside from it possibly no longer existing. Therefore, if there's a symbol for it and it soon appears in the manga, the kanji emblem on the website will be replaced with it (so think of that emblem as merely a place-marker for the time being). And that kanji looks cool, so using it for cosplay wouldn't be a bad idea, IMO.

Well... still not sure if I'll be able to cosplay as Kankuro next SC or not (which sucks, since I have my poor Karasu dummy collecting dust in my closet right now). The girl who's making my hood went to Japan recently, and I haven't gotten a hold of her yet to find out if she'll ever finish (she'd better, though; I've paid her $80 for it...).

But, I do have the stuff for a fun costume that I can wear instead if this falls through. "Late-night Mission Sleepy Naruto"! (partially still in his P.J.'s, partially dressed to go out on a mission)

lil-gumby
08-25-2008, 04:13 PM
I love the pajama Naruto idea! :D

Next year I will be Shippuuden Sakura again, and on one of the days, as ANBU Sakura with some other cosplayers (if everything works out).

I missed the Naruto photoshoot last year, but I hope to make it in 2009! :D

Lady Shinsei
09-07-2008, 01:27 PM
You'd better hope for the photoshoot not to suck... *crosses fingers*

ANBU Sakura? That sounds cool. Hope you remember to have the tattoo mark on the correct arm (girl ANBU have theirs on the opposite arm of male members).

halo11701
09-20-2008, 09:14 PM
If I can make it. Then I will be Kakuzu, along with my brother Tobi and my cousins Pain and Sasori.

Lady Shinsei
09-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Woohoo! A Kakuzu, that's awesome! (and that your relatives will be coming as fellow Akatsuki baddies...even cooler; it's fun when your family likes to cosplay)

GREAT NEWS! I will DEFINITELY be coming to SC'09 as Kankuro!!! *squeals w/ joy*

GreenRiderNikki
09-21-2008, 08:58 PM
I should have my Chunin exams Sasuke done by than and my brother should be joining me as Itachi. *hehe* siblings cosplaying siblings...go us!

Perzephone
09-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I also decided that I am going to do my first crossplay as Shikamaru ^_^
And do Time Jump Sakura and Artbook Sakura ^_^

halo11701
09-24-2008, 01:42 PM
I should have my Chunin exams Sasuke done by than and my brother should be joining me as Itachi. *hehe* siblings cosplaying siblings...go us!lol! Now that is complete awesomeness!:bigtu:

missfangirl
09-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Wow ... sounds like so many people are going to be cosplay Sakura ... Now I am slightly worried if my Sakura cosplay will be good enough.

I cosplay Sakura for kumoricon, but I based my cosplay off of a fanart/fanfic. Only three people knew who I was T.T

But for Sakura Con I was thinking about a Lolita Sakura and ANBU Sakura ... ANBU would be super easy to make and I just need to get the money to buy the Lolita dress of off ebay ..

But then again ... I might be going pokemon this year .... argh.

Perzephone
09-29-2008, 01:22 AM
hehe its all good ^_^ I went as Dawn this year for Sakura Con. lol I was half warm and cold ROFL. But its all good hun ^_^ Sakura is fun to cosplay :D

cpardo
09-29-2008, 01:37 AM
Kumi was talking about me being young 4th hokage (what's his name? I'm not up on the manga) to go with Naruto's mom, but not sure when that would be.

I was looking at a Hinata costume...yup! Not Shippunden, the younger Hinata because I like her hairstyle better (plus I haven't seen Shippunden). I'd also get some white contacts. Question: what does she wear underneath her jacket? That mesh/fishnet stuff?

Lady Shinsei
10-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Not sure, but I think it is that fishnet stuff (and a good place to get a fishnet shirt would be Hot Topic, where I managed to get one in size XL). You could just look around online for pics of her, even if it's fan art, to come up with an idea of what she wears inside her jacket.

About the 4th Hokage: His name is "Minato Namikaze". Or his honorific title that most folks refer to him as, "Yondaime" (which is basically Japanese for 'the 4th'). The young version of him? Ah, that would mean his jonin days when he became Kakashi's sensei. A good way to find pics of him (or fan art) would be to look up the arc of the manga known as the 'Kakashi Gaiden'. Probably find scans of the actual manga, too.

cpardo
10-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Minato, right! Kumi said it but I forgot duh....Oh yeah the manga scans too, just haven't had much time to read them.

Back to Hinata. I think it's like a top that matches her pants but the area around her neck in front on her top part of her chest is fishnet: http://scald.mediawood.net/anime/nartuo166.jpg
So I could wear a fishnet top then a shirt over it. However there are some shots (in the anime) where it looks like she's not wearing anything underneath the coat:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/hkaddict/hinata.jpg

Hmmm..could go either way. Depends if I want to be warmer or cooler. Anyway I'm looking at costumes for sale... Thanks!

lilithfire
10-01-2008, 09:46 AM
I also decided that I am going to do my first crossplay as Shikamaru ^_^
And do Time Jump Sakura and Artbook Sakura ^_^

ahhhh!!!! If that's the case I might have to be giant! Temari. LOL. Maybe that can be inner!Temari. LOL.

Cilo
10-03-2008, 11:17 AM
I may bring my Konan cosplay just for the photoshoot. Prolly not for anything else. xD

missfangirl
10-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Ne .... is anyone else or know of anyone who might be plaing on doing a lolita version of a Naruto character? Me and my best friend are getting ready to start our lolita dresses .. and I was just wondering if there will be other loli's out there at sakuracon as well.

I'm doing a sweet lolita Sakura and my friend is doing a punk lolita kankuro

MisterGev
10-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm going as Sasori from the Akatsuki... I don't know which day(s) yet though because I have 3 costumes, and I usually change my costume twice a day and such... anywho... yeah. xD

garfieldelric
10-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I might get a better-fitting Naruto costume, and also one of better quality. Oh, and the wig- I have one issue now: Since my hair is so long, do I have to cut it again to get the wig to fit? Help me!

_Kumi-chan_
10-03-2008, 11:11 PM
It'd be better to ask about that in the wig forum, but the short answer is: no, you don't. Get a wig cap (Display & Costume stocks them) and it will keep your hair contained. I've worn wigs with my hair down to my waist, I seriously doubt you'd be hindered by having it shoulder length or a bit longer.

Kushina costume is stalled. The jeans turned out to be way too small. I may just try to make most of the clothes from scratch since it's hard to find what I want. I'm also reconsidering the design, though I'll probably keep the color scheme.

I'm leaning towards incorporating some traditional element of Japanese clothing. Possibly a jimbei-style top (like what Misao from Rurouni Kenshin wears) or a happi coat. Something with an ocean motif (or spirals again) if that would be appropriate.
Actually, I've always loved Misao's outfit. I might try tighter shorts or leggings though. I don't know. I guess I'll look at fabrics and see what I'm inspired to do.

Edit: Either that, or I'll see about maybe doing Minato himself. I wanna make that coat...and it would solve my problems of trying to figure everything out for an outfit on my own.
I believe I may be turning into a fangirl for him. The teenagers aren't appealing to me quite as much anymore, but he's got mature charm. ^^
(Realized this because the only non-Artist Alley merchandise I bought at AE and Kumori Con was a Kodama plushie, a Minato plushie, and a Minato t-shirt. And I got the kodama primarily to use it as a prop.)

PrincessLulu
10-04-2008, 02:42 AM
Ne .... is anyone else or know of anyone who might be plaing on doing a lolita version of a Naruto character? Me and my best friend are getting ready to start our lolita dresses .. and I was just wondering if there will be other loli's out there at sakuracon as well.

I'm doing a sweet lolita Sakura and my friend is doing a punk lolita kankuro
Well i do have my Lolita Kiba costume that i was wanting to wear at least one day~

missfangirl
10-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Well i do have my Lolita Kiba costume that i was wanting to wear at least one day~

Cute!!!

My other friend is thinking about making a lolita Tobi .. hee hee. I think that we are planing on wearing them the first day and to the masked ball ...

PrincessLulu
10-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Cute!!!

My other friend is thinking about making a lolita Tobi .. hee hee. I think that we are planing on wearing them the first day and to the masked ball ...

( theres pics of it in my profile if you didnt see em ^^)

Yeah, im really not sure as to what my costume schedual is as of yet becuase i have another con before SC that i am going too ><

PhantomShadow
10-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I'll be there as Iruka. Hopefully.

missfangirl
10-05-2008, 10:59 PM
( theres pics of it in my profile if you didnt see em ^^)

Yeah, im really not sure as to what my costume schedual is as of yet becuase i have another con before SC that i am going too ><

Oh my gosh!! It is so freaking cute!!
hee hee.

Did you make yours by hand?

PrincessLulu
10-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Oh my gosh!! It is so freaking cute!!
hee hee.

Did you make yours by hand?

thanks ^^ its my favortie costume to date :3

No, i didnt make this beautiful costume~ my friend Antiquity made it for me-- and she did an AMAZING job :D

missfangirl
10-07-2008, 11:14 AM
thanks ^^ its my favortie costume to date :3

No, i didnt make this beautiful costume~ my friend Antiquity made it for me-- and she did an AMAZING job :D

Heck yes.
hee hee hee.

Did she have any kind of pattern or did she just go from scratch.
I slightly confused on how to make mine :waaaah:

Lady Shinsei
10-12-2008, 03:22 PM
There were some girls who did Naruto-Loli at SC this year, btw. If any of them turn up again next year, I highly suggest that someone tell them about the photoshoot (in the event that I don't run into them at all, like this year... *fume-fume*).

I'm toying with the idea of attending the first day of the con as "Punk Kankuro", but that could easily be altered into some form of Lolita (not sure how decent it'd look, though; I suck at doing Lolita, esp. because of money issues in getting materials).

@Kumi-chan = Bummer on the pants. Like the idea of the shirts, though, especially if a spiral motif were to be used on whichever one is used. However, it would be interesting if you were to do Minato instead... I've yet to see a girl cosplay as him (a shock, with how many do other Naruto peeps). And with your awesome skills, it would probably rock. ^o^

He's certainly got sex-itude, I'll give him that. Pity he's dead, though. Why do some characters I find to be hot in this manga/show end up dead? Gah...it sucks... X_X

missfangirl
10-12-2008, 11:49 PM
My friend just started on making her Kankuro loli dress a few days ago.

And my other friend might be making me Sakura loli due to the fact I might have to go down to Oklahoma for about three months maybe ... but then again she really wants to make it since I told her she could stay at our hotel for Sakuracon for free since she is our lovely costume mistress. Since I am sewing-retard, she makes all my stuff and she is trying to start a cosplay costume making biss. So if anyone needs help with a any costume making needs, let me know and I will pass on the word to her.

Ginpatsu
10-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I'll be there as Iruka. Hopefully.

Nice cosplays. -:bigtu: Kakashi style.-

Lady Shinsei
10-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Pity that your friend probably isn't into Yu-Gi-Oh. I still need to commission a costume for the Yu-Gi-Oh photoshoot, and I'm hoping to not have to spend that much money (I'm hurting for cash and it's been difficult trying to set aside any money, which sucks since I also need to save up for my portion of the hotel room that me and some friends are staying in).

missfangirl
10-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Pity that your friend probably isn't into Yu-Gi-Oh. I still need to commission a costume for the Yu-Gi-Oh photoshoot, and I'm hoping to not have to spend that much money (I'm hurting for cash and it's been difficult trying to set aside any money, which sucks since I also need to save up for my portion of the hotel room that me and some friends are staying in).

What type of Yu-Gi-Oh costume do you want?
I could ask her.... She doesn't charge very much and she does really good work. And she tends to drop the price if you already have the fabric.

lilithfire
10-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Im seeking cosplayers for two Naruto Group:

1. ) Artbook Naruto Group - Open to most characthers, whether its from the official photos from the artbook or your original artbook version.

2.) Tailed Beast Group - Ichibi to Kyuubi Host Group (http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000084542/01-02.jpg)

PM me know if anyone is interested.:angel2:

Perzephone
10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
WEll you know I'm with you on this Lilth :D

cpardo
10-23-2008, 11:14 PM
I have most of the stuff for Hinata now, just waiting on the wig, contacts and I decided to get a fishnet shirt to wear underneath. Under that shirt I may wear like a corset top to give a more feminine shape.

I'm also looking at a Minato costume, the whole shebang, and it's more exciting than I thought initially. The wig may need some work, but I'm teaching myself wig styling (with some help). I also have to research sizing a little. :)

Juubei-saizon
10-28-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm planning on going as ANBU kakashi to sakuracon and my friends will be going as Itachi and pein(if he doesn't change his mind again..lol). This is going to be my first ever cosplay so I want to know if anyone wants to meet up and possibly hang out?

riceball47
10-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Hello, I plan on cosplaying Shino (pre-Shippuuden) at Sakuracon, I don't think I'd be able to do a skit but if there's a get-together I'm up for that!

Juubei-saizon
10-28-2008, 11:01 PM
riceball47: lets do it!!!!

lilithfire
10-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Im really looking forward to find people to do the 1-9 Tailed Beast Host group with me. I havent seen anybody cosplay them yet.

jazu_chan
10-29-2008, 08:34 PM
I will be there for sure!!! ^_^ I'm gonna be Shippuden Hinata, its my first cosplay! Kyaaa!
Im soo excited. >D

Juubei-saizon
10-29-2008, 11:37 PM
This is going to be my first cosplay aswell!! I went to sakuracon last year and didn't get a chance to cosplay, so I'm really excited to go, and hopefully meet up with any of you. wanna meet up jazu chan?

Lady Shinsei
11-01-2008, 01:14 PM
What type of Yu-Gi-Oh costume do you want?
I could ask her.... She doesn't charge very much and she does really good work. And she tends to drop the price if you already have the fabric.

That's my problem. The costume I wish to do, I am totally unable to get materials for (and that includes highly-important accessories for it, as well). *sigh* I may just have to fall back on my usual fluff and cosplay as my roleplay character, Katherine Leblanc.

@Lilithfire = Wouldn't it be hard to do that group if some tailed beasts are unknown?

@cpardo = That's awesome news! And it's cool that you still wish to do Minato. <3

cpardo
11-01-2008, 01:39 PM
@cpardo = That's awesome news! And it's cool that you still wish to do Minato. <3

Yeah Hinata is all ready now, I just need to trim the bangs of the wig since they're long. But I got the white contacts which I find easy to put on amazingly.

It was suggested I check the Minato costume on fabric and quality before I buy, though I've been very pleased with past purchases. I don't want to wait too long though.

Juubei-saizon
11-01-2008, 09:59 PM
That's my problem. The costume I wish to do, I am totally unable to get materials for (and that includes highly-important accessories for it, as well). *sigh* I may just have to fall back on my usual fluff and cosplay as my roleplay character, Katherine Leblanc.

@Lilithfire = Wouldn't it be hard to do that group if some tailed beasts are unknown?

it may be true that some of the tailed beasts are unknown(atleast the jinchuuriki are) the hosts can be found in a picture of the entire group together(have no clue how to find the pic again since I didn't save it soon enough).

Edit: this was the pictureI was looking for, but it seems lilithfire already posted it. I will post it once more for everyone, and to let you know they are holding up their fingers of what tailed beast they are.

http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000084542/01-02.jpg

Perzephone
11-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Besides doing Artbook and shippuden sakura. I'm planning on doing Inner sakura hehe
Also I will be doing Haku as well :) Since I finally finished it for Aki con ^_^

Juubei-saizon
11-01-2008, 11:42 PM
so...does anyone wanna meet up and hang out??

lilithfire
11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
it may be true that some of the tailed beasts are unknown(atleast the jinchuuriki are) the hosts can be found in a picture of the entire group together(have no clue how to find the pic again since I didn't save it soon enough).

Edit: this was the pictureI was looking for, but it seems lilithfire already posted it. I will post it once more for everyone, and to let you know they are holding up their fingers of what tailed beast they are.

http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000084542/01-02.jpg

Thank you, cpardo for the reiteration.

Juubei-saizon
11-03-2008, 12:48 AM
no prob ^^. it also states the chaper to which they are all gathering so you may find out more when you read it. on a second note, I wouldn't mind being in your tailed beast cosplay Lilithfire. though i'm not very good at making cosplay costumes n.n;

numberninedemyx
12-02-2008, 11:50 AM
I'll be there as Shippuden Sasuke! First time as him. And first time at Sakura Con! can't wait!

Sujun
12-02-2008, 06:09 PM

Oh gosh! that Sakura outfit was my first cosplay and i'll never wear it again, sadly pink hair with ordiments does not suit me ><;;;
if you want you can buy it from me, the only things that are missing is the shoes, obi and the hair ordiments.
I met you at Akicon for the Ramen eating contest, you look about my height.

Sujun
12-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Is this for anyone? well I was planning to wear something else, but i can switch cosplays.
I'll probably come as Kushina Uzumaki then. eh, the younger version ^^;

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3069/cover301cm2fk3.jpg

Any Yondaime's out there? hahaXD

Sujun
12-02-2008, 10:37 PM
auuugh, sorry i kinda take that back! i can't be Kushina >< sorries, i'm already doing something for SC

Mizuki-hime
12-03-2008, 02:51 AM
Ah! I'll be going (I hope) as a pure white form Kiba along with two other differently-styled Kibas. We won't be hard to miss: I believe we're roughly all the same size lol. We're tiny people (well, I know two of us are. Haven't met the 3rd Kiba yet). I was requested to do it and I don't mind. Hopefully, we'll be at the photoshoot. :)

Kaiya-Chan
12-06-2008, 04:42 AM
I maybe going to Sakura Con. My BF live in Seattle if everything goes well I'll be going as Tsunade XD

Lady Shinsei
12-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Question: This concerns a possible costume for the first day of the con, mind you...
(and if I can get it soon, maybe use it for GasuKan 14 or 15...heh heh)

...could someone PLEASE give me a link to a site or let me know of somewhere I can get a really decent Naruto wig?

PrincessLulu
12-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Question: This concerns a possible costume for the first day of the con, mind you...
(and if I can get it soon, maybe use it for GasuKan 14 or 15...heh heh)

...could someone PLEASE give me a link to a site or let me know of somewhere I can get a really decent Naruto wig?

I would honestly tell you that the best type of naruto wig you can get could only be commissioned-- i know alot of good commissioners and i myself have been working with wigs for the past few months. I can look around for you, but im pretty sure that the best way to get an accurate naruto wig is to have it commissioned.

tetsuo_godmode
12-29-2008, 03:18 PM
I'll probably be there (not 100% sure yet) but if i am there I'll be dressed as Suigetsu, yah kno this guy- http://kagek.lapunk.hu/tarhely/kagek/kepek/suigetsu_by_sasorisama_1.jpg
moi cosplay is almost done jus need a shirt an some water bottles
heres a pic (of my swordz)
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=40566883&albumID=37599&imageID=44002192

Lady Shinsei
12-31-2008, 02:07 AM
@ PrincessLulu = I'd be fine getting one commissioned, just as long as it doesn't cost me more than $60 or so to be able to do that... ^_^;

@ tetsuo_godmode = So few fans ever do Suigetsu, so thumbs-up for your effort! And hope to see you at the con/photoshoot. ^o^

PrincessLulu
12-31-2008, 03:56 AM
@Lady Shinsei-- Id check out the MP and see what there is avalible, or ask some friends. Id offer to do it for you, but im still working on my technique and what not~

Lady Shinsei
01-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Actually, I've been having some nice luck over in the wig discussion forum here.

CosplayStation has a pretty epic one, but I'm hoping to find one just as nice as theirs but much cheaper (I'm not that keen on paying $60 for a wig, no matter how good).

Lady Shinsei
01-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Cosplay Update: w00t! I've decided that for the first day of the con, I'm going to dress as "Punk Kankuro". Already got most of the stuff for this, just need to find some sort of epic black t-shirt to go over my fishnet shirt... and maybe get better pants for it, too (something with chains or belts on it).

lunareclipse
01-29-2009, 11:05 PM
I have a Sasuke Lolita in-progress and it MIGHT be done by sakura-con....depends all on my will to put forth effort.
(if not im going as shippuuden sasuke and temari)

caineyamiyasha
02-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I will be there are Naruto and My girlfriend will be Hinata.

I am not sure which variants we will be going as but it will either be Shipuuden or School version.

XD

Hope to see you all there!

Lady Shinsei
02-01-2009, 11:37 PM
@ caineyamiyasha = Your avatar is full of win... *huggles it*

Just in case that no one reads the first page of this topic, I have a totally awesome announcement to make...

...the day/time of the photoshoot have been finalized! ^o^

It shall take place: Saturday, April 11th, at 1pm

Now only the location is left to be decided (& that stuff ends up not being finalized until like the week before or week of the con).

*does her hyperactive 'high-on-Pocky' happy Naruto dance*

riceball47
02-03-2009, 01:44 PM
I know it doesn't make much of difference but, instead of doing Shino's orginal outfit, I decided to go ahead and do Shino's Shippuuden outfit instead. :D

@Lady Shinsei, yay glad to hear it's taking shape!

caineyamiyasha
02-03-2009, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=Lady Shinsei;2789931]@ caineyamiyasha = Your avatar is full of win... *huggles it*
It shall take place: Saturday, April 11th, at 1pm
/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!

Good to know the time of the gathering is finalized.

Location will get a good next step. XD
Is there a map of the con that can be provided and the name of the location. I have never been to this con before so if there is any little tip bits to add other then just the location that would be great!

JA

Lady Shinsei
02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I believe this page of the SC website can suffice for that (http://www.sakuracon.org/location/index.php)

Might just end up being in the usual place that it's held, near the fountain area that marks the entrance to the area called FreeWay Park behind the convention center. Hopefully, if the weather actually cooperates this year and such.

Scary thing about the time, though. I heard that the Cosplay Contest is going to be held at 11 (rare, since it's usually held at night, like at 6pm). That means anyone wanting to go see that might have to leave before it's over in order to get to the photoshoot on time. Annoying, but at least it's still doable. I'll have to do that, since cosplay skits are like crack to me and I'd hate to miss out on most of 'em. XD

Kazekage-Temari
03-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I'll be there as Shippuden Temari and then Hidan (Temari on saturday though, Hidan on sunday)
I can't wait!!! this sounds like so much fun!

I'm surprised at how many Temari cosplays there'll be.

lilithfire
03-02-2009, 12:27 AM
I am going as Artbook Sakura on Saturday AM, then 'Punk' Sakura for the Soul Candy performance. I might eventually bring Temari with my fiance as Shikamaru

Lady Shinsei
03-03-2009, 09:13 PM
@ Kazekage-Temari = Probably because she's so freakin' awesome. LOL.

@Lilithfire = 'Punk Sakura'? Dang, that sounds pretty sweet. Now I'm really looking forward to watching the concert... it's sure going to be badass. <3

Ginpatsu
03-04-2009, 12:21 AM
lilithfire, when is the concert? I'll see if I can go as Kakashi. ^^ (But I thought you guys were planning school uniform Bleach for the concert before?)

riceball47
03-05-2009, 11:20 AM
...I just realized I have never been to Freeway Park, before. So I can't picture it and it'll be hard to get there by myself. So I have a question!
Is anyone willing to meet me somewhere at the Con and we can walk over there together? XD

SvK
03-05-2009, 02:52 PM
If you went to previous Sakura-Cons, you have probably already been to this fountain.
A marginally helpful image (http://svk.angryzero.com/sakuracon2007/saturday/imagepages/image45.html)
Ignore the ladies in the picture and look at the courtyard in the background. The big glass lobby on the convention center's fourth floor is off to the right. To get to the fountain, go to the left. It's right there at the far end of the courtyard. It looks like this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pieisexactlythree/2378995521/)

riceball47
03-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah, that picture helps a lot. I just have such a horrible memory. Thank you. :)

Figle
03-05-2009, 04:58 PM
I will be drunken rock lee :), not sure for how long thou but i will be sure to do it for the photoshoot!

Devy-Chan
03-05-2009, 06:20 PM
i cant wait till sakuracon =^_^= lol

ok well im gonna be:
First Day:Naruto Shippuden
Secound Day:Temari (first outfit)
Last Day: Bunny Naruto! (with the shippuden jacket) :3

also.....;)
Neko Ball: Neko Naruto (with ears and a tail)
Photoshoot:Temari (first outfit)

ill proly be with a gaara, a yondamie, black outfit sasuke, shippuden sasuke, bb(from death note XD), kushina(i cant spell it sorry ^^""), (and hopefuly my sasuke, & tenten) most the time (maybe more if i can get the rest of my group to go:) )

and me and my friend (whos hopefuly gonna be sasuke) are proly gonna marry a gaara while we'r there 2 XD not for real tho XD

sooo ya, o and does anyone know when the actual rave is cause i was gonna put together a raver naruto (proly sexy jutsu) but idk when it is:confused::bashful:
:]

Lady Shinsei
03-05-2009, 09:13 PM
*LOLs at the fond memory of watching the Bleach photoshoot shown in the photo*

@ Riceball47 - Hey, if I see you, we can hook up and I'll lead you there. Planning to have any Naruto cosplayers I run into all follow me... an ontourage of ninja awesomeness! XD

@ Figle - Doooo it! And don't forget your sak- er, medicine. >o<

riceball47
03-06-2009, 10:07 AM
@Lady Shinsei, ahaha cool. :D

Lady Shinsei
03-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Note to anyone cosplaying on Thursday (April 9th) =

I'll be coming in the evening to pick up my badge, and will be doing a sort of Raver-esque spin on my Punk-Rock Kankuro costume (and minus any facepaint, btw). So, if anyone would like to hang out with me that night, or have any major questions to ask about the photoshoot, then be sure to show up near/around the registration booths at 5pm... keep an eye out for a short, overweight Kankuro wearing a fishnet shirt w/ a black t-shirt over it that says "All Wound Up" (and a studded belt, raver beads, spiked collar, etc.).

averageasian17
03-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey everyone! Nice to see you guys organizing this, this'll be my first cosplay this year (couldnt do it last year), so itd be cool to hang with some of my fellow narutards haha XD
I'll be going as Tobi, I dont know whether to look evil and menacing or goofy haha, but we'll see :D

Lady Shinsei
03-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Yay! Another Tobi cosplayer! ^o^

Glad you'll be able to make it this year. Last year's photoshoot was epicly awful (at least from my perspective, since it ended up being indoors due to snow & also that I was rudely ignored, etc.). At least now I've learned more about what being a photoshoot coordinator entails and to have more 'guts' in getting people to cooperate and such. ^_^;

Speaking of fellow 'narutards', there's going to be an epic panel on the night of the first day... the "Narutard Faceoff". It's like a crazy test of one's Naruto knowledge and show how much of a hardcore fan you are! For more details on this, send a PM to it's organizer - Airika

Juubei-saizon
03-16-2009, 04:12 AM
Looks like we only have a few more weeks!!!!!!! who wants to hang out the first day??? also, it's been decided that I will be cosplaying ANBU Kakashi!!

missfangirl
03-16-2009, 10:22 AM
when is the Naruto photoshoot??

averageasian17
03-16-2009, 11:16 AM
-Photoshoot, for those who don't know, is Saturday the 11th at 1pm(correct me if Im wrong)
-And Lady Shinsei, that Naruto contest is on the first night you said, meaning Thursday Prereg. Day or Friday the actual first day?

Can't wait-24 more days XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady Shinsei
03-16-2009, 09:42 PM
The contest will be on Friday night... ^_^

Ichigo=15
03-16-2009, 10:01 PM
If all goes well, I'm going to be crossplaying time-skip Tenten. And what is this I hear of a Naruto contest?

Ginpatsu
03-17-2009, 01:46 AM
I missed Narutard Faceoff at Aki-con but the pics I saw of it were pretty cool. I don't really plan on cosplaying him, or rather full version of him, until Saturday though. Gakuen Den Kakashi looks probable for Thursday night. Hope the faceoff doesn't run in with the dance. Well, if it's after the dance, I might show up as him. X3

Lady Shinsei
03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
@ Ichigo=15 - The "Narutard Faceoff" contest...same as the one at AkiCon.

@ Ginpatsu = That'd be cool if you did KGD Kakashi for Thursday. That'd make my Raver-esque Kankuro seem like he's some deliquent playing hooky from school...LOL.

Btw, the title of my first costume is tweaked a bit (had a discussion with a bud of mine who pointed out that what I have planned isn't really Punk-Rock at all). So basically it should be referred to as "Rock Kankuro" (which is technically what I was trying to achieve).

Juubei-saizon
03-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I hope to take part in the narutard faceoff. Like Ginpatsu said, I hope it doesn't coincide with other events that I would like to be at T.T. I just wish sakura-con.org would hurry up and post the events and schedule!!

AznTranquility
03-19-2009, 12:28 AM
friday night?
will it coincide with the masquerade?

Juubei-saizon
03-19-2009, 01:13 AM
tranquility: I don't think anyone will know until the schedule is posted.

Lady Shinsei
03-19-2009, 02:00 AM
***Ahem***

Those of you wishing to take part in the "Narutard Faceoff", let me please remind you to kindly direct all questions about that to one of the folks in charge of it... Airika

I hope it doesn't interfere with the Masquerade...that'd be lame.

Airika
03-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Whoops, I'm so sorry to have lagged to post on the Naruto thread about the "Narutard Faceoff" Unfortunately, for Sakura-con by rules, we were not allowed to call the panel "The Narutard Faceoff" so we had to change it to the "The Naruto Faceoff" But I'm really happy you guys have announced it here. (Thank you Lady Shinsei!! <3 )

The Naruto Faceoff will take place 10pm Friday in Room 607. Sorry for the off-topic-ness. I hope to see you guys there : D

Well, finally got around posting there lol. Here's some more details http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18626&p=535434#p535434

Ginpatsu
03-19-2009, 02:18 PM
@ Ginpatsu = That'd be cool if you did KGD Kakashi for Thursday. That'd make my Raver-esque Kankuro seem like he's some deliquent playing hooky from school...LOL.

LOL indeed. Though playing hooky but runs into/found by Kakashi, the laziest sensei in the school? That's pretty bad luck there. =p Doubt Kakashi'll actually turn him in so he's safe. This actually sounds like a good idea now.. wonder if I can find more people to join the Gakuen version.

Speaking of which.. anyone know where I can get a (medical?) mask like the one he had in the Gakuen version?

caineyamiyasha
03-19-2009, 03:30 PM
WHOOO UPDATE!

SO I will be there for sure with one of 3 costumes. ... I am not quote sure which one yet.
Naruto Gakuen / Naruto Sage / Minato Namikaze??!?!??!?!

I just dont know.

AH but Sakura con is getting close. So exciting!!!! Cant wait to see you all there!

Juubei-saizon
03-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Well, finally got around posting there lol. Here's some more details http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18626&p=535434#p535434

then that means it will go on during the masquerade ball T.T...too many decisions!!

caineyamiyasha
03-24-2009, 03:29 PM

How would one sign up to be apart of this face off?

Juubei-saizon
03-24-2009, 04:30 PM
LOL indeed. Though playing hooky but runs into/found by Kakashi, the laziest sensei in the school? That's pretty bad luck there. =p Doubt Kakashi'll actually turn him in so he's safe. This actually sounds like a good idea now.. wonder if I can find more people to join the Gakuen version.

Speaking of which.. anyone know where I can get a (medical?) mask like the one he had in the Gakuen version?

I'm sure they have them at walgreens. They have both kinds, the bulgy blue and the flat white. Or you may try walmart maybe. some place with a pharmacy in the store.

BlackDoll
03-24-2009, 05:28 PM
If I do go to Sakura-con this year

^^ I'm doing Sexy-no-jutsu Naruto and Punk Naruto from Naruto.

((--> picture of me doing SNJ before, my bangs are a lot longer now.
http://scarlet-violetrose.deviantart.com/art/What-did-we-do-to-deserve-pain-116076383
^-^ my best friend is the Gaara.))

PrincessLulu
03-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I am soooo wearing my lolita Kiba to the naruto pannel ^^

Ohhhh-- SO EXCITEDD

Lady Shinsei
03-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm both excited and a bit nervous (namely due to the fact that I have no clue how my Kankuro hood is turning out, since my friend who's making it is in a rush to finish up her cosplays before working on it).

Though it's a bummer to be taking place at the same time as the masquerade, let's the hope that the 'NF' will be more awesome than it was at AkiCon!

@caineyamiyasha = No signage required - just show up for it. <3

AznTranquility
03-25-2009, 12:25 AM
*is amazed by the numbers of naruto cosplayers*

Juubei-saizon
03-25-2009, 12:49 AM
we are gonna own the con ^^

caineyamiyasha
03-25-2009, 12:51 PM
@caineyamiyasha = No signage required - just show up for it. <3

Thanks for letting me know! XD Hope things get less stressful/worry like, for you soon!

<3

raNar
03-31-2009, 05:23 PM
My twin and I will be there in our 12-year old Sasuke and Naruto cosplay. However we're going to be doing the snow movie versions since it's going to be so cold up there.

EroSempai
03-31-2009, 11:06 PM
Young Diedara. :D
I'm getting my hair done tomorrow blonde :D
I was a brown haired girl lol.

EroSempai
03-31-2009, 11:07 PM
Are they any Tobi's in the house? I wanna take a picture with one :D

Lady Shinsei
03-31-2009, 11:28 PM
@ Ero - I think there's going to be like 4 or 5 attending. LOL.

Rekeez
04-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Friday night.. uhh.. i think ill be around as Obito with a Young Kakashi and a Rin! since friday morning is Kiba morning and Saturday morning is Kyuubi Naruto morning lol.

averageasian17
04-01-2009, 12:30 PM
@ Ero:
I'd be happy to take a Tobi-Deidara pc w/ you, perhaps a funny leg strangulation pose :D
Im there all 3 days, so be on the lookout for a Tobi w/ a hooded akatsuki cloak haha. Hope to see ya there!

Juubei-saizon
04-02-2009, 12:26 AM
i'm still deciding weither to go to the naruto face off or the reborn! discussion panel XD

riceball47
04-02-2009, 03:01 AM
Hey! I'm curious if there's going to be any kiba's at the shoot, Shino needs his bff. XD

lunareclipse
04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Im confugled (confused)

where is the cosplay meet up and shoot????

Lady Shinsei
04-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Day/Time/Location: Saturday, April 11th, at 1pm... In the courtyard...

(that outdoor area outside of where the vendor booths are located; and if you ever get lost while at the con, the info booth people will be very helpful since this is an official photoshoot and registered in the 'master list' of photoshoots - which'll be posted in the con booklet, too, I believe)

EroSempai
04-05-2009, 01:33 AM
@ Ero:
I'd be happy to take a Tobi-Deidara pc w/ you, perhaps a funny leg strangulation pose :D
Im there all 3 days, so be on the lookout for a Tobi w/ a hooded akatsuki cloak haha. Hope to see ya there!

Thanks! Look for the Deidara with short banana blonde hair that is really short. I'll be with an ANBU and Sanaki from Fire Emblem. Add me to your buddy list okay? Hope to contact you!:angel::reverse:

EroSempai
04-05-2009, 01:35 AM
@ Ero - I think there's going to be like 4 or 5 attending. LOL.

Wait a sec, if you are gunna be pegasus (That used to be the old password for the ygo site back in 2000.... lol) are you gunna do the "you look good in the leather pants" line to yugi cosplayers?
lol i heard that happened in the japanese one.

keropan
04-05-2009, 02:19 AM
Looking forward to seeing you all! Don't think I'll be in Naruto cosplay this year (or... maybe I'll wear my Shippuuden!Naruto on Sunday, depending...), but I'll be there with my camera, snapping away~ :]

Lady Shinsei
04-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Awww... bummer. Oh well, it'll still be nice to have ya there.

Juubei-saizon
04-06-2009, 01:29 PM
I can't wait to don my ANBU kakashi!!!!!!!! it's gonne be sweet ^_^, though I think I did do a horrible job ^//^

Ayuka
04-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I'll definitely be going as young kakashi gaiden on Friday & Sat! :]

4 days! Hope to see all of you there lol

Natchan
04-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone! I just decided that I'll be brining my ANBU variant Sakura, and I would love to come to the gathering, I was able to find the day and time, but where is this cool group of awsomeness meeting?

Umika
04-06-2009, 05:56 PM
im coming as Sasuke just for the photoshoot and maybe my friends Panel

EroSempai
04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Did any of you hear of just an Akaski (forgive my spelling) only photoshoot during the convention?

Lady Shinsei
04-06-2009, 10:27 PM
@ Natchan = In the courtyard outside...

*points to comment she made on the page before this one*

EroSempai
04-06-2009, 10:32 PM
:bigtu: you know what the good thing is about cosplaying as Deidara... you don't have to see your horrible smile in pictures

Natchan
04-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Thanks.... <////< I didn't really have time to read the thread so thanks for helping my ignorant self!

caineyamiyasha
04-14-2009, 09:20 AM
OMG.... I missed everything… and that sucks….

Well there is always next year.

Hope everyone had an awesome time, I saw many Naruto cosplayers running around any you all looked amazing! Hope to see everyone there next year!

missfangirl
04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know when pictures of the photoshoot will be posted and where to find them??

Juubei-saizon
04-15-2009, 12:33 AM
I would love to see any pics of me XD, does any one have any of an ANBU kakashi with a horrible wig...lol

J Ryoga
04-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Yes

J Ryoga
04-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Yes, I too am looking for shots from the gathering. I was one of the Sage Narutos in attendance. Especially looking for the Kage Bushin no Jutsu and the Team 7 shots from the fountain area.

(Sorry for doublepost. Thread's not letting me delete.)

Juubei-saizon
04-16-2009, 10:56 PM
I also have to state that the naruto photoshoot was a bit too unorganized. I hope you allow me to help in next years shoot.

EroSempai
04-17-2009, 07:45 AM
I also have to state that the naruto photoshoot was a bit too unorganized. I hope you allow me to help in next years shoot.next year we need to get all the people actually TOGETHER, like all the characters in one, then akasuki. After that all the Anbu too.

missfangirl
04-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Hopefully next year I will have my ANBU Sakura ready ... but I have so much that I'm working on T.T

Juubei-saizon
04-18-2009, 04:21 PM
next year we need to get all the people actually TOGETHER, like all the characters in one, then akasuki. After that all the Anbu too.

definately. The pokemon photoshoot was way more orginized..lol..we need someone to speak up and actually control the chaos XD

Lady Shinsei
04-19-2009, 01:12 AM
I am such a wimp when it comes to speaking up (and being short makes it worse). I did at the beginning, when announcing the photoshoot had officially begun (and when trying to get help tracking down folks who might've gone to the wrong location), but after everyone migrated to the fountain area, I began to get nervous/frustrated.

So, I'm hoping to get some "assistant coordinators" to help me run the photoshoot for next year and that it'll be at least somewhat more organized. But there is the fact that when so many people are gathered like that, it's never going to be that smooth. A fact I dislike. Hey, at least it turned out better than last year and was certainly entertaining!

One idea for next year = Hold votes for what groupings/scene enactments that everyone would like to do at a time... that could possibly work.

@ Juubei - I'd love it if you could help me. ^_^

EroSempai
04-19-2009, 04:30 PM
I am such a wimp when it comes to speaking up (and being short makes it worse). I did at the beginning, when announcing the photoshoot had officially begun (and when trying to get help tracking down folks who might've gone to the wrong location), but after everyone migrated to the fountain area, I began to get nervous/frustrated.

So, I'm hoping to get some "assistant coordinators" to help me run the photoshoot for next year and that it'll be at least somewhat more organized. But there is the fact that when so many people are gathered like that, it's never going to be that smooth. A fact I dislike. Hey, at least it turned out better than last year and was certainly entertaining!

One idea for next year = Hold votes for what groupings/scene enactments that everyone would like to do at a time... that could possibly work.

@ Juubei - I'd love it if you could help me. ^_^I would help too (just need to check how work and college and an internship... would let me leave for convention. and also my ride lol) :confused:

Juubei-saizon
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM

@ Juubei - I'd love it if you could help me. ^_^

of course!! sign me up ^_^, maybe I can get a bull horn by the next sak-con, cause that would make things wayyyyy easier....lol....my email is Animefreedom1@hotmail.com if you want to contact me and coordinate stuff for next year. and along with ero-sempai I think things will go rather smoothly.

EroSempai
04-19-2009, 06:27 PM
of course!! sign me up ^_^, maybe I can get a bull horn by the next sak-con, cause that would make things wayyyyy easier....lol....my email is Animefreedom1@hotmail.com if you want to contact me and coordinate stuff for next year. and along with ero-sempai I think things will go rather smoothly.Yeppers. Email me at kissedmoonlight21@yahoo.com if you want to arrange anything. like I said, college might get in the way D: