PDA

View Full Version : Anti gravity collars

CezzaXV
05-19-2008, 03:27 PM
A quick search of the forums didnt really reveal any results, so thought I'd ask.

I'm cosplaying Ron Delite from Phoenix Wright (ref pic: http://www.court-records.net/arts/artbook/artofgs-128.jpg) but the collar has me stumped. My original thought was interfacing, but even that won't make it stay up like that, will it?

I really have no idea of how to do it.

SeveredMuse
05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I would suggest using foam sewn into the collar. You can buy a sheet at Hobby Lobby or Walmart for 79-99 cents. Just cut it into the shape you want and put it inbetween two pieces of the fabric you are using and sew together. I don't know if that made any sense but I do hope it helped you in some way. ^w^ Good Luck.

godsavethequeen
05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes, it will, actually! There are various weights of interfacing. Look for a heavy weight. The kind I have used in the past is a sew-in interfacing that is about 1/16" thick. It is pretty easy to spot as most other interfacings are paper thin. Additionally, it is mostly opaque whereas lighter weight interfacings are see-through.

Hope that helps!

Mangochutney
05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Very heavy interfacing will do that just fine, actually. I've used the stuff GSTQ mentioned to hold up a shape made of heavy faux fur--and it did marvellously. A blouse collar should be no problem.

CezzaXV
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Ah, I shall give that a try then. I have seen the really thick interfacing before, but didnt know if it would be thick enough. I'll give it a try though.

Thanks for your help, guys!

Desse
05-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Or use buckram. Buckram is awesome.