PDA

View Full Version : Paine Wig

elfinder
06-23-2003, 11:05 PM
I am cosplaying Paine from FFX-2, and um I am unsure what do for her hair. My own hair is too long to style like hers. Sooo um anyone got some wigs you'd recommend..... I'm not the most skilled wig styler either....... :confused:

http://members.shaw.ca/dressphere/knightpaine.htm
that shows her hair, (i'm doing her gunner and white mage costumes hehe)

chesh
06-26-2003, 02:08 PM
For a style like that, you're probably going to need to either find a wig and do a fair amount of styling work on it, or find somebody willing to do the job for you.

If it was me?
Find a wig that's a chin-length bob without bangs, in something like ash blonde. I'd use an elastic to keep the top part of the hair out of the way while you slick the sides back (maybe with clear-drying caulk?). Then, use caulk or pomade to get the mohawk, and cut the too-long bits on top down to size. It'd probably make sense to practice doing it with cheap hairgel or something else you can was out of the wig before you try with something more permanent like caulk.

www.witchwigs.com has one under "Bobs/ Flips" that looks like it might work. It's called the Jennifer.

I hope it works out well; I can't wait to see the pictures.
-Chesh

Koumori
06-26-2003, 03:08 PM
Be careful when you're trying to make wigs that are made to fall down go up.. if that makes sense. The way the fibers are sewn onto the cap in layers can look *awful* when it's made to go the opposite direction from the way it was designed. Some people have recommended starting with a punk or "Tina" style wig that's already styled big, and working down from there.

positivespace
06-26-2003, 03:37 PM
I agree with Koumori... if you get one of those punk/Tina style wigs and just trim the back shorter (most of them come in a kind of mullet style), you'll have a good base to start the spikey part of Paine's hair.

To make whatever color wig you get look more like Paine's color, I used a spray on Streaks 'N Tips Temporary Highlight Spray Color in Platinum... you can get it at Sally Beauty Supply.

Good luck!