PDA

View Full Version : Cuz we're such crazed fans..

L to the 3rd
09-16-2002, 04:15 AM
Any of you try hard to replicate or act out stuff
from games for photos?

I'm such a Final Fantasy fan that like I...went to Las Vegas to get photos in themed areas that look like parts from games!

For instance..here's me as Squall..and I'm supposed
to be in Dollet (but it's actually the Venetian hotel).
Taken by Lionel back in 2000.

http://www.sailorjamboree.com/storage/dollet.jpg

I know for a fact that Japanese cosplayers do this..
and I think it's really kewl. Like here's Kaie
from URAN cosplaying as Alucard..in front of some castle..

http://www2.big.or.jp/~bkmoon2/fuknaga2/deta9/9.jpg

DJ(SiC)ness
09-16-2002, 04:33 AM
i think i lucked out becuase i live in vegas. But i got to ask you something dose anybody give you a hard time while your doing this in Vegas?

L to the 3rd
09-16-2002, 04:40 AM
nope..I even checked in the hotel Luxor as Squall
and Rinoa and no one batted an eye. Hmm well
some people stopped my friend cuz she was Sailor Venus,
cuz they thought she was in a show.

DJ(SiC)ness
09-16-2002, 04:54 AM
lol, yeah i guess i wouldn't be phased by it ether. You can see some f#@ked up stuff out here. But if i would of seen a squall or Rinoa walking around i would have to get a picture.

L to the 3rd
09-16-2002, 05:02 AM
I was just in Vegas a few days ago too.. but I didn't
have time to cosplay that time. I think the next time
i go..I'm gonna try to wear Ruby heart (the pirate
girl from Marvel VS capcom) and take
pics at Treasure Island..hopefully the staff wont' mind!

hmm and maybe I'll wear Cloud to Excalibur's Midway
area.. cuz it kinda looks like the Wonder Square from the Gold
Saucer.

it seems like the tourists and staff members of Vegas
Hotels..dont' care if we wear costumes..whoo hoo.
There should be a cosplay con in Vegas.

Celine
09-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Actually, yeah, I have done this a few times.

When I did Claude from Star Ocean, I used the forest nearby and took pictures lying down near a tree. Just like the beginning of the game in the Shingo Forest. XD Then my sis and I took a bunch of pics as various Star Ocean characters with their favorite foods and stuff.

Oh! And for Nei (Phantasy Star 2), I took a bunch of photos to resemble her death sequence from the game. Hehe, I was so proud of them at the time.

Kamui Motoaki
09-16-2002, 10:34 AM
man. . thats hard core. . i want to go to locations for photoshoots . . .~_~**

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 10:50 AM
I trudged around DC with three wings on my back to take Angel Sanctuary pictures at the Washington Cathedral, and even had people call the cops on our group for being "weird".

I think I qualify for being hardcore after that! LOL.

Nietsche
09-16-2002, 11:20 AM
Getting into random battles is the way forward in RPG cosplaying....
Celine? Didn't you replicate FF Tactics by localising yourself on a grid pattern?

Ooh....and I only wore Vyse at Otakon for half the day and I should have taken pictures on the ship that is docked in the inner harbour...damn...there was also a lighthouse like building or even by the submarine.so many opportunities for a pirate but not taken....

Hmmm.....Grandia 2...if only there were some exhibit that lets you walk around inside parts of the human body...i could be doing battle with a giant lung....

khamryn
09-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Unfortuanately for me.. the area I live in, Boulder, is all nature-freak inhabited so it doesn't work for most of the characters I've done. o.O;

But I'm -going- to find a tree to pose in as Touya.. ::Giggle.::

Tenshi
09-16-2002, 11:25 AM
This is kinda twisted. . .but I really want to go to a graveyard and take a picture next to a gravestone in Terra. You know, that scene at the end of the first half of the game (I don't want to spoil it). I just have to make sure there's absolutely no one around, then snap quickly ^^;;.

And at AX there was this mini lake/river, complete with pretty trees and a bridge, that reminded me of part of Himeno's backyard, where she first became Sound Pretear. I took pictures but they didn't come out ;_;.

khamryn
09-16-2002, 11:48 AM
>And at AX there was this mini lake/river, complete with pretty trees and a bridge, that reminded me of part of Himeno's backyard, where she first became Sound Pretear. I took pictures but they didn't come out ;_;.

Aww... that's too bad. ;.; ::hug::

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 11:54 AM
> but I really want to go to a graveyard and take a picture next to a gravestone in Terra.

I want to go to a graveyard to take pictures of OAV Rosiel, leaning on a tombtone like in the show...

But I can't find any non-fenced-in Graveyards... and I can't really sneak around with three wings on my back. X___X

Thanks to the Hellsing booth, I did get a really nice "Graveyard" shot (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4564)...

> I took pictures but they didn't come out ;_;.

I took pics of Ramirez there, it was horribly hard not to have random people in the background so it only earned me vast amounts of frustration.

Celine
09-16-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Nietsche
Celine? Didn't you replicate FF Tactics by localising yourself on a grid pattern?

That's right! Yay for the Otakon dance... uh, grid thing. ^_^

*imagines epic photo session in the intestines of Valmar* Go to a museum with anatomy exhibit, and you'd have so many opportunities.

L to the 3rd
09-16-2002, 04:15 PM
LOL i think people would be really scared Rosiel,
if you walked around in the graveyard with your
wings and all.

Yggdrasil Pie
09-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Ahh!! That's so cool! One day, I would love to do something like that. There's a park near my house with a big tree that I can climb, and it would be a great picture with my upcoming Nakoruru costume! ^^

Although...around where I live, people aren't really used to seeing things out of the "ordinary"...

But...My backyard is a pretty good place to take pictures. My family has a Mini-Koi pond with alot of trees and stuff around it... it's so pretty. ^^

Chosuke
09-16-2002, 08:52 PM
When I'm done my second *surprise* costume I hope to maybe take a stroll through pacific..scare some people.

And with my first *surprise* costume I want to maybe take pcis at the Ren. Fair next summer..or maybe mideival times would let me..

-wonders if rosiel lives in canada,there is this HUUUGE graveyard..near south hampton with like,ancient tombstones and crypts..so big no one could tell if you had a whole photocrew-

katrinastrife
09-17-2002, 06:57 AM
Well... the ONE place I advise against cosplaying is school ^^* I tried that once around halloween... but all the people at my school are crapheads (except my friends, who thought it was cool). The teachers know too much about my obsession to even ask, though ^^*

Hmm... I'd LOVE to try that, but I don't have a car. However at risingsun.net, the guy does a bunch of really cool photoshoots. Maraboshi-san's photos kick ass.

I would KILL for his camera ;.;

khamryn
09-17-2002, 10:23 AM
I cosplayed at school. :D Hehehe...

But I was the weirdo outcast everyone was afraid of anyway so no one cared. ^.^

L to the 3rd
09-17-2002, 05:38 PM
Omg I cosplayed as Squall at school...(I go to college)
and people looked at me like i was a freak.
I guess cuz I look all pimp-like cuz of the fur and necklace. X_X;

Yuna
09-17-2002, 06:49 PM
LMAO @ Chrissy

Erm... the only ones I can think of of me in costume would be...
http://www.usagichan.com/CharCon2001/images/CharC2k1078-4.JPG
http://www.usagichan.com/CharCon2001/images/CharC2k1117-4.JPG
http://www.usagichan.com/CharCon2001/images/CharC2k1098-4.JPG
http://www.usagichan.com/CharCon2001/images/CharC2k1108-4.JPG

Yuna
09-17-2002, 06:52 PM
OH! Sorry to double post, but someone told me once that this one *KINDA* looked like Zanarkand... but yeah XD

Yggdrasil Pie
09-17-2002, 07:12 PM
OMG! Yuna!! The one with you with the fishies are soooo pretty!!! ^^

Where did you take them? *_*

Chosuke
09-17-2002, 07:18 PM
Oooh fishies! I don't know if it's just my eye's..but one of the last one's looked like you were actually underwater beside a fish!..-is thinking to try that when she goes to vancouver with her Pastha costume-

L to the 3rd
09-17-2002, 07:38 PM
tha'ts so kewl, Nessa! *_*
lol.. now who's contemplating the meaning of life ;p

Yuna
09-17-2002, 08:28 PM
HOUUUUUSH Chrissy >D

I took those are Ceaser's Palace in Vegas. A big group of us went from Tristen Citrine's birthday party (Camp Spankies) XD It was sooo much fun. There was this HUGE Sting Ray swimming around and Lionel and Raidr1 kept trying to get a shot of me with the stinng ray in the back XD they didn't really ever get it, but the pictures turned out really pretty and very Yuna-ish