PDA

View Full Version : Raijin Comics...argh...

baku_neko
06-24-2003, 01:24 AM
ARGH!! Did you all hear? They're changing it from a weekly to a monthly!! WHY? The fact it was a weekly is what made it so cool...grr...argh...stupid @#$%...well the change happens issue 37 if your wondering...man...the one thing I look forward to every week....gone....>_<

number18
06-26-2003, 12:24 PM
It's no big surprise to me. They were probably losing a ton of money doing it weekly with no surefire audience. I mean, the only places around me that even bothered to carry it were comic book shops...meanwhile, Shonen Jump and all of Tokyo Pop's releases are in every bookstore and Suncoast to boot...

They just didn't have enough exposure or big enough an audience to run weekly, it seems. Shonen Jump said they didn't have enough circulation to go weekly yet, in reponse to a letter that was written. So...yeah. It was too expensive for me to pick up weekly, also, with the other expenses I have...even though it was only 5 dollars. :/

What a shame. I dunno why no one has bothered to just go bi-weekly...twice a month. That seems like the perfect release time to me.

baku_neko
06-27-2003, 12:55 AM
Yeah, word is that Shonen Jump is going bi weekly after it hits 3,000,000 subscribers.

The Lord XL
06-27-2003, 07:48 AM
Oh For the love of god i hope so ^_^!!!!!!

I can see it now...........................Shonen Jump , Weekly Jump whats the diffrence ^_^ It's a Manga Readers Paradise. :dance:

number18
06-27-2003, 04:18 PM
Once again...I want bi weekly dammit! >.<!

hikura
06-27-2003, 04:55 PM
One shouldn't complain to much..only a few years back you could not find hide or hair of manga/anime on shelves at all in bookstores/video stores plus you had to special order it from comic book dealers.Plus now there is a pilferation of titles out there to read.Plus lots of titles are doing either graphic novels on nearly a monthly basis or doing an anthology series(putting out three to five series out in monthly comics).So this is the hay day of manga and anime.

Pool Cue Ronin
06-30-2003, 01:01 PM
Yeah, and now it's 10x cheaper to subcribe to. And we might get more per issue.

TheAnarCHris
07-01-2003, 03:19 AM
Yeah if Rajuin goes monthly ill start buying it along with SJ which i need to go bi monthy like now