PDA

View Full Version : Ranma Party Invite o_O

ChibiMoFo
06-24-2003, 05:29 AM
Anyone else get this Ranma Viz party invite, I just got it today while visiting my parents. So I'm guessing they used last years mailing list. I think it runs against AMV contest though, so I'm out ;_;

Michi
06-24-2003, 06:06 AM
Yeah, I got it. It says something about being 18+ though I think? o_O

RX 03
06-24-2003, 08:24 AM
Is this AX supported? Just wondering.

I can't go because I'm under 18, which I don't understand why... Unless theres like Ranma "Pictures"... But I would have gone to the AMV anywho.

*Is going to beat himself up if he finds out Rumiko Takahashi make a special apperance*

Michi
06-24-2003, 08:35 AM
Yeah I don't get why that age limit is enforced. They lost my attendance right there. o_x

KitsuNessa
06-24-2003, 01:02 PM
Well I got one too, and I'd go, but there are probably a few other events that night I'd rather attend to than a farewell Ranma party...but anyone who does go, please tell how it was.

AngelJibrille
06-24-2003, 01:56 PM
I think there is going to be an official statement on this later today by the chair of AX, but this is what I know as of now:

Viz was not given our mailing address. Viz did, however, ask AX
if they could mail an invitation to everyone AX sent a newsletter to earlier this year. AX agreed. So the AX Publishing Dept worked with the AX bulk mailer service and Viz so that they could send out the invitations but NOT have access to the AX mailing list. There are no other mailings arranged with any other company at this time.

BTW, I didn't get one *pout* Maybe it's because I'm staff ;_;

Anyway, I hope that information helps...!

Marisa
AX2003 Cosplay Events Manager

L to the 3rd
06-24-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm might go for an hour or so..
but it seems like only half of my
friends got an invite.. ;_;

If I go, i'll be sure to take pics
for you, Marisa ^_^

Aoshi Shinomori
06-24-2003, 02:28 PM
i got the invite.. aww ranma is ending? i was confused cuz the tv series ending a long time ago.. i guess they are talking about the ranma series. i would like to attend and its on the 4th of july.

RoseDuelist
06-24-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm REALLY upset by this. It's scheduled at the same time as AMV and also EVERYBODY I AM HANGING OUT WITH IS OVER 18 AND GOT AN INVITE!!! So that means I have to either go to AMV alone or try to convince them to choose. It SUCKS!! My boyfriend is the biggest "Ranma Otaku" I know, so I guess I have to be noble about it and just go to the AMV alone.. *sigh*...

AngelJibrille
06-24-2003, 02:39 PM
I just got an invite ^___^

So, Casey & I will go.

BTW, I went to the "Inu Yasha Premiere" party hosted by Viz at Anime Expo New York (it was held at Planet Hollywood) and it was a -lot- of fun :) Hence me wanting to go to the Ranma party.

Anyway, see you all there ^^!

Maybe I'll drag out my Ranma-chan costume, the one that got me started in cosplay in the first place ^^ (I haven't cosplayed in 4 years...! @_@)

misa

gmontem
06-24-2003, 03:16 PM
I got an invite but it said only one person per ticket. Darn it. I don't want to go alone. :(

FlameSniperRei
06-24-2003, 03:57 PM
>,< my sis got one but i didn't. What's up with that??? *sad*

RX 03
06-24-2003, 04:42 PM
Yeah - Like if I could go, my Dad got one, not me or my mom...

Viz baka _...

Cait
06-24-2003, 05:12 PM
*looks at invite* This thing is.. in Disney? *shrugs* Not like I'd make it to the AMV anyway!

AngelJibrille
06-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Cait
*looks at invite* This thing is.. in Disney? *shrugs* Not like I'd make it to the AMV anyway!

Nooo it's at this shopping center thing that is right outside of Disney. They built it a few years back. It's actually a very cool place to go, it's sort of like going to Disneyland without going to Disneyland ^_^;;

However, parking is $$. I think the first 2 hours are free (?) then it's like $10/hour after that... so be sure to go in a group.

Information about it can be found here:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/landing/parkDTD

Map to get there:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/transportation/index?id=DrivingDirectionPage

Misa

RoseDuelist
06-24-2003, 05:20 PM
It's not IN Disneyland, it's in Downtown Disney. That's not IN Disneyland, it's just outside of it.

AngelJibrille
06-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Information about it can be found here:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/landing/parkDTD

Map to get there:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr...ngDirectionPage

sakura yuna
06-24-2003, 06:18 PM
my cousin got invited however the address is wrong cuz they sent it to my house. which is weird but oh well. It's a nice looking invitation. ah, I have no idea if my cousin can attend or not...since we will both be pretty tired from AX.

Michi
06-24-2003, 06:24 PM
What's with the age limit though? Ranma isn't a hentai series..

AngelJibrille
06-24-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Michi
What's with the age limit though? Ranma isn't a hentai series..

I went to the one in New York, and they served alcohol there. When you went in the door you show ID and they give you drink tickets. That's probably what's going on ^_^;

Cait
06-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Ah, I see. Disney grew fat and spilt over the rim of it's own park. Very nice.

I went to the one in New York, and they served alcohol there. When you went in the door you show ID and they give you drink tickets. That's probably what's going on ^_^;

*scratches head* Wouldn't the age limit be a bit higher, then? ...if they were to check IDs and pass out special drink tickets to only those of age, then why not have 17 or younger year olds?

lupineloli
06-24-2003, 09:11 PM
Downtown Disney is like the Universal City walk - outside of Universal Studios.

the age limit may be enforced because of the time it is at and if the city has a curfew.

AngelJibrille
06-24-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Cait
Ah, I see. Disney grew fat and spilt over the rim of it's own park. Very nice.

*scratches head* Wouldn't the age limit be a bit higher, then? ...if they were to check IDs and pass out special drink tickets to only those of age, then why not have 17 or younger year olds?

Oh! I thought it was 21& up! Lol. Okay, maybe it's because people are going to cosplay as shirtless Ranma-chan? lol, I have no idea.

FlameSniperRei
06-24-2003, 09:23 PM
Does anyone know why only some people got it? x_X;

Maryssa
06-24-2003, 10:43 PM
I got it, but as far as I know you don't need the physical invite card to attend. Anyone can go I'm pretty sure (although I dont know why they are holding it in that restaurant...)

Doremi Chan
06-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I got one but I won't be at AX that day

Miaka No Baka
06-25-2003, 02:31 AM
I got one too (it got sent to my parents house in hawaii X_X ) I may go if my friends are going. I'm guessing it's 18 and up due to it being in a bar/restaruant thingie? Maybe they don't want underage ppl there so just incase something happens there won't be any issues of child molesters or something lol. I'm 21 anyways so I don't have to worry, it's just if they choose to believe my drivers license which I have been asked if it's fake cause I don't look 21 lol

Miaka no Baka

RoseDuelist
06-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Ah, I see. Disney grew fat and spilt over the rim of it's own park. Very nice

That is the BEST way I've ever heard Downtown Disney discribed! lol! It's true.. they are flooding entirely into Anaheim and submerging that poor town.. ;_; lol! :D

But anyway, I'm still upset I am going to have to see the AMV contest all alone. It sucks! Things are more fun when you see them with other people.

Do you think they'll card? It seems rather silly, the whole age limit thing. >_< Why did they even send it to me?!?! grr...

ChibiMoFo
06-25-2003, 07:53 PM
You can sit with me and SpPanda :P

I'm not sure if you really need the invite card, but it does say 1 per ticket. It also says to RSVP, and then says RSVP doesn't mean youll get in, cuz its first come first serve...Wish it was on Thursday :l

I can give you my ticket if you want FlameSR but It has my name on it, but maybe they won't look. Or you can crossplay and they won't question you XD Or maybe one of the underage ppl with a ticket will give theres up.

FlameSniperRei
06-25-2003, 07:57 PM
The thing sez one person per invite though *kicks the invite*

DTD is awesome though, I like walking around there :P

RoseDuelist
06-25-2003, 08:01 PM
I'm probably giving my invite to this guy at work. His girlfriend didn't get one and he's all bummed about it. ;_;

Raider3
06-26-2003, 05:03 AM
My friends apparently got them, I didn't because I was:
1) Either not on Viz's list, OR...
2) In my wave of paranoia against spam, junk mail, and telemarketer calls, I don't get stuff like that.

After reading this thread, and seeing that I'm not really that much of a Ranma fan, I guess I can make myself happy about not going to it. Maybe some of those who were left behind can band together and do some kind of anti-Ranma Farewell shindig, eh?

(Oddly enough, Studio Proteus/Dark Horse have earned my admiration and business, thanks to my scarfing up a copy of every Gunsmith Cats manga volume released so far, and getting some rad discounts at Fanime this year. :) )

Mink
06-26-2003, 10:58 AM
I got an invite (actually it came to my house with my friends name on it because when I pre reged everyone last year I gave all my friends as my address.) I would go but I dont wanna go by myself....if I could get another ticket for my boy toy I would go....I really really really want to but I cant do it by myself.

FlameSniperRei
06-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Is anyone willing to uh give up their extra/unwanted invitations ^^; ?

RoseDuelist
06-26-2003, 10:15 PM
FlameSniper, I sort of wanted to keep the Ranma picture thing because it has cute pictures on it, but I'll bring it with me and if I see you there I'd give it to you if you REALLY need it... that is if you don't get another one by then..

Dunno. Probably willing. ^^; lol!

(Dude at work cancelled)

FlameSniperRei
06-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Aw thats kind of you RoseDuelist!!! ^o^

My real name is Gina i'm gunna be in a zillion costumes at AX though ^^; But yeah if it's not too much trouble and what not....that's really kind!

Michi
06-28-2003, 01:11 AM
I can give up mine. I'm not old enough for it anyway. Err if I can find where I put it, of course.. ^^;

Miaka No Baka
06-28-2003, 01:20 AM
oh yeah btw u had to rsvp by yesterday for it i believe. So I don't know if u can just show up and have an invite and still go. We've got 3 here that none of us need, I could try mailing them to u if u need and that should get to u in time it should take a day or two tops firstclass mail.

Miaka no Baka

Michi
06-28-2003, 01:23 AM
RSVP? What kind of event is this? o_o;

Miaka No Baka
06-28-2003, 02:00 AM
i don't know but maybe they're giving out goodies at it so they want to know how many ppl will be there so they bring enough swag to hand out XD but oh yeah we kinda figured out a possible reason to having to be 18+ to go. ranma has nudity in it sometimes so maybe that's why just like how hentai rooms don't let ppl who are underage in at cons ^_^; maybe that's their reasoning.

Miaka no Baka

edit: reading the invite now it says RSVP no later than june 27th at rsvp@viz.com and it also says in fine print (rsvp does not guarantee entry, entry is on a first come first serve basis, one person per invite/ticket, must be 18 or over to enter. If they're holding this at a restaurant or bar type place there's obviously a limit to the nbr of ppl allowed in to not excede fire code so that's probably why they might want ppl to rsvp and if entry is on a first come first serve basis I'm guessing they're expecting a good deal of people to show up probably a lot more than the place it's being held can handle.

Psychotic Jei
06-28-2003, 02:11 AM
If you find me you can have mine. No problem. I'll gladly give it up.

ChibiMoFo
06-28-2003, 06:03 PM
My roomie just got her's fowarded to our new place so now I got 2 to give out. I'm sure if you show up early you can get in without a RSVP, since its 1st come 1st serve.

pLaGa
06-28-2003, 06:06 PM
no invitation for me >_<

soshi
06-28-2003, 06:28 PM
if anyone wants mine, they can have it. I don't have much interest in going.

pLaGa
06-28-2003, 07:35 PM
I wonder if this is going to be on the schedule program that they give to press members.

aonceu
06-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Anyone have two spare tickets?

videogirlc
06-30-2003, 05:16 AM
If anyone needs a ticket I have one. I'm not going to AX this year so I have no need.