PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Skits 2008

Grav
05-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Because we always need this thread. What did everyone think of the cosplay skits this year? Which one's stood out? Did you agree with the winners? Etc.

`Difficile
05-25-2008, 09:28 PM
I thought they were painful to watch. Except MAYBE two.

angel_illusion
05-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Well some were okay. Though some skits I really couldn't hear what they were saying at all I think everyone did a good job even with the 2 min. limit. Thought I really like the speed racer skit I thought it would have won a award but hey at least they did a good job. I did like #14 the one warning us about haruhi.That person had guts to go all buy her self and do a skit. I could go on and on but yeah like I said I thought everone did a good job. Also makes me look forward to next years skits.

meevah
05-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Half of the reason I left in the middle of us waiting to see what the results would be was because I was beginning to get tired of some of them. xD;;;;
Although there were some REALLY silly ones. >w>!!!
Gay Bar, for instance, while simple, was one I kept telling my friends about and rofling over in my head, hahahahaha. The visual imagery with the kunai knives and the swords and the "something to put in you" bit was, to say the least, a long-lasting one. *u*;

I'm very grateful for that two minute cap thing, although it felt like the really terrible ones were somehow under the 2 minutes and were able to slip through. Argh. ARGH.

I do have to say, though, that Speed Racer skit with the hot tranny-lookin' Ouendan lad was quite silly.
>w> kekekeke.

meevah
05-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah, and the Kyon skit was absolutely amazing and I must say kudos to that Kyon for giving us a rhyme and having quite the stage presence. *u*!

ZombieFodder
05-25-2008, 10:08 PM
I thought they were painful to watch. Except MAYBE two.
If they weren't painful, then we weren't doing our job :)
[ZF - one of the perpetrators of the "Mario + Wario Beat the Cr@p Out of a Koopa Shell" 10-second skit]

`Difficile
05-25-2008, 10:16 PM
[ZF - one of the perpetrators of the "Mario + Wario Beat the Cr@p Out of a Koopa Shell" 10-second skit]

Nah, g. I'm pretty sure it's backwards in my book.

FFrikku
05-25-2008, 10:28 PM
I had a row 5 sticker, but I had been dancing all day and my friend and I were both about to pass out...needless to say we didnt see any of the skits, but my friends were in some, I can't wait to see if they get on youtube.
I'm sorry if the skits were not as great as last year, but i know that people work really hard on a lot of them. *end stupidity rant*

chevron694
05-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I think you guys were robed 10 second but it was short and to the point. I mean what person in there right mind would not reward such genius. lol

ZombieFodder
05-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I think you guys were robed 10 second but it was short and to the point. I mean what person in there right mind would not reward such genius. lol
I have to agree w/ you. "One Dark Night in the Mushroom Kingdom" was EPIC in its brevity. :)

Aqua's Rhapsody
05-25-2008, 11:15 PM
We didn't get to perform our skit, we made it to the door, and they stopped right at my group. Our group, and everyone behind us, didn't get to go, even though we had those lame fast passes that didn't even seem to have a purpose. I also heard they cut off the lights at sound right at 2 minutes, that's pretty hateful, lol. It was poorly done this year.

Cypher2b
05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Need to find who recorded these! I MUST get "slaughter your world!" and The gankutsuo too!

Zipchan
05-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Kyon's Lament was amazing. <3 She deserved everything she got for that. =D

There were quite a few good skits this year, in my opinion. I liked the "Naruto Grease" group that went before we did. They were an absolute riot! >w<

Norwegian
05-25-2008, 11:50 PM
I really enjoyed Kyon's Lament, the Mario Bros. skit (where they tried to become ninjas) and the internet experiment one. The rest were... so so? (And some a little less impressive.)

Overall, I think this is the worst I've seen regarding skits at AZ. Here's to hoping that next year will be better. : )

Grav
05-26-2008, 09:33 AM
*raises hand* I was the speed racer. We never win. ^_ ^ The turk recruitment skit last year, the saiyuki and hunter x hunter skit the year before...and the hunter x hunter phycho le cemu before that....

>_< Vic was handing out his judges award and started talking about our skit and we were like... holy cow we're gonna win something this year. Then he said he decided against it and was giving it to the girl (dressed as a guy) from Melancholy of Haruhi.

One day we will get out of the novice section!

Lumasnati
05-26-2008, 09:38 AM
This was my first time at Animazement. I didn't like most of the skits... But the good ones, like Grease!Naruto and the Gankutsuo skit were epic. I also really liked the fact they did cut off skits that went over the 2 minute mark. I like how this Masquerade was run, I just wish there were better skits in them... and for that matter... more professional judges. I don't think that voice actors should count as judges for a masquerade.

Miss.AllSunday
05-26-2008, 11:41 AM
I agree that alot of the skits were very painful to watch. Its hard to belive anyone will buy the dvd since MOST were cut off. I cant belive we had two rick roll skits.
Our skit was mainly done as to get us noticed and inform everyone what we were from. I think a grand totaly of like 15 people out of the entire con knew who we were from. And alot of people thought bucky was kadaj(sp?)

Kilayi
05-26-2008, 01:19 PM
I wanted to skip the cosplay this year. It's worse every year D:

But I went... there were a few good ones (like your Speed Racer skit Grav! You're still the cutest Speed ever :D <3 )
I could have been napping or something instead of sitting through 38 bad skits for 4 good ones. :/

KiwiNinamori
05-26-2008, 01:40 PM
I just wanted to know what everyone thought of the skit in the juniors division? The one with the little girl as the snow fairy.

angel_illusion
05-26-2008, 02:10 PM
*raises hand* I was the speed racer. We never win. ^_ ^ The turk recruitment skit last year, the saiyuki and hunter x hunter skit the year before...and the hunter x hunter phycho le cemu before that....

>_< Vic was handing out his judges award and started talking about our skit and we were like... holy cow we're gonna win something this year. Then he said he decided against it and was giving it to the girl (dressed as a guy) from Melancholy of Haruhi.

One day we will get out of the novice section!

I was wondering if it was you. I really couldn't see very well, since I was way in the back and even with the big screen it was hard for me to see since I'm near-sited and left my glasses at home. But anywaz I love your turk recruitment skit from last year and the speed racer skit for this year to bad you haven't won any awards yet, but keep it up and I'm sure soon you'll get out of the novice section and can't wait to see if you do another skit for next year.

dakazekage
05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Ya, I was the Kisame from the Fun With Akatsuki Skit, #25. We got lights out, which I was really bummed out about, am still recovering from sad panda state. I personaly thought the skits were great this year and the ones that won deserved it. On that note, our skit practice we had earlier in the year ran short a few people and our pein couldnt make it. I don't blame it, I just don't think they organized the skits as well this year.

wanderingdreamr
05-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Ya, I was the Kisame from the Fun With Akatsuki Skit, #25. We got lights out, which I was really bummed out about, am still recovering from sad panda state. I personaly thought the skits were great this year and the ones that won deserved it. On that note, our skit practice we had earlier in the year ran short a few people and our pein couldnt make it. I don't blame it, I just don't think they organized the skits as well this year.
I was annoyed that us people in the tent couldn't see like half or your skit since they forgot to switch cameras! Very annoying, it sounded like something funny was going on but we couldn't see!
Also annoying was that some of the skits were hard to understand, like they had had trouble recording the sound and it came out all garbled. And the time spent waiting for the judges, boy was that epic, half the people left the tent by then...

Grav
05-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Some things were run very well other things weren't. I fast pass idea is a good one but when it came time to line up it didn't seem to go so well. They were a lot quicker and more organized in getting the groups to stage and back.

Most con's have a time limit, and for good reason. Very, VERY few skits can hold an audience's attention for long, 90 seconds being about right most of the time. It also allows for more groups to participate because no one wants to sit through more than two hours of cosplay skits.

So edit and practice is all I can say. They did warn everyone participating that the lights would go off, the sound would cut, and it would become a very scary place.

The biggest problem was sound this year. Normally they have five or more mics set up and a big X telling us where we can be heard the best. This year there were two mics set up and a hand held to be used between you no matter how many people or how far apart you were. Now there are no mics to block your view but you have to be careful so the audience can hear you.

EvilAuthor
05-26-2008, 07:30 PM
I agree that alot of the skits were very painful to watch. Its hard to belive anyone will buy the dvd since MOST were cut off. I cant belive we had two rick roll skits.
Our skit was mainly done as to get us noticed and inform everyone what we were from. I think a grand totaly of like 15 people out of the entire con knew who we were from. And alot of people thought bucky was kadaj(sp?)Actually, the two Rick Roll skits were in line together and they both freaked out when they realized they had both done it, but since both skits were prerecorded, there was no helping it.

As for painfulness of skits...I was in the skit where Link gets punished by the Guardian of Time. My whole group was pained by how much we had to cut out of our skit to meet the time limit. Our Lopunny cried since she was the one doing the editing.
Since we removed a lot of what made ours good, we weren't surprised we didn't win anything. We'll be doing the full version at AUSA this year so hopefully we'll get better results then.

chevron694
05-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Well everyone I would like some feedback on a skit. Its a me Mario and my asteamed co-star Wario would like to know what you folks thought of One Dark Night in The Mushroom Kingdom?
And please no question on what the plot was I got enough of that last year with the cabbits. lol

djkidna
05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
We didn't get to perform our skit, we made it to the door, and they stopped right at my group. Our group, and everyone behind us, didn't get to go, even though we had those lame fast passes that didn't even seem to have a purpose.

The staff bluntly stated "These tickets DO NOT guarantee you a spot in cosplay." The tickets guaranteed you a head start against anyone who did not have them, but there were already almost 50 groups with the tickets, and they also stated at the 9AM meeting that they can usually assure the first 40 groups a spot in cosplay. What this means is that you got in line too late and all the other people with the tickets got there before you. The tickets did have a purpose, or would have anyway, if so many people hadn't hit the 9AM meeting. The staff even expressed the fact that they had never had as many groups attend the morning meeting as this year.

Here's the thing. If you want to get into something that already has a large amount of people who are trying to get in, and you know that occupancy is limited, don't show up at the exact time they tell you (in this case, 5:50 PM). Show up EARLY. 5, 10, 15 minutes if you have to. My group got there at around 5:40 or 5:45 and there was already a pretty good sized line. And we'd actually intended on getting there earlier if not for getting pulled aside by a surprise encounter with people cosplaying from the same thing as us in the elevator down and wanting to do a quick photo shoot.

And now for something completely different. I would LOVE some feedback from our skit. I asked a few people back in the waiting room about it after we finished and they seemed to enjoy it. We were the Dead Or Alive skit, number 6, right after Pyramid Head.

chevron694
05-27-2008, 01:17 PM
yea, but you got to have LUCK on yourside too! I mean I didnt really work that hard to get a skit. I mean I exodently walked in to the 9AM meeting in a packed room wonder to the found a empty sit got a ticket. Then got in line at like 5:50PM so I guess luck is a key thing. We got a alright sit in the skit room and somehow our skit was 7th in the line up. So like I say you got to have some luck.

djkidna
05-27-2008, 01:26 PM
I disagree. If you get there in good timing, you're good to go. Doesn't matter what order your skit is or where you're sitting in the waiting room to do your skit. What matters is you got there in good time to be assured to getting a skit.

Artikgato
05-27-2008, 01:44 PM
I've been going to this convention for four years, I've been in skits for three years in a row, and the first year I just watched. I have to say that there will ALWAYS be skits that are painful to watch, or have some huge flaw, like the inability to hear, poor writing, inaccurate costumes, they go too long, etc. This year's bunch was no different; there were a few skits that were truly amazing, there were a few skits that I wanted to pull my hair out from frustration, and there were skits that hovered between.

The skit that stood out to me the most was the quick-change skit. It takes a LOT of practice to be able to change costumes that quickly, so I totally think they deserved whatever award they got. Other good ones were, as everyone has said, Kyon's Lament (that took some GUTS) and the Gankutsuo skit.

I'd like some feedback on the skit I was in, however. We were #33, SOS Love Love Brigade presents... for anyone who doesn't recognize the skit by the name, we were the group of four that made fun of dancing skits. We did had Hare Hare Yukai, Motteke! Sailor Fuku, What's Up People?, Gekiai Merry Go Round, Hona Sainara (Bleach Musical), and finally Thriller. We didn't win an award, but the crowd really seemed to like us. Maybe we weren't as good as we thought? ^^;

chevron694
05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I disagree. If you get there in good timing, you're good to go. Doesn't matter what order your skit is or where you're sitting in the waiting room to do your skit. What matters is you got there in good time to be assured to getting a skit.

I well I agree with you there, I realize the order of the skits are random and sit in the room waiting to do your skit has nothing to do with it. What I mean is that I kind of ironic that I was standing in the wrong line outside for like 10 mintunes. How I got my ticket if I had remind at the back of the room instead of find a empty sit in front my odds of geting a ticket was slim. so i dont know

chevron694
05-27-2008, 01:53 PM
The skit that stood out to me the most was the quick-change skit. It takes a LOT of practice to be able to change costumes that quickly, so I totally think they deserved whatever award they got. Other good ones were, as everyone has said, Kyon's Lament (that took some GUTS) and the Gankutsuo skit.
So what did you think of One Dark Night in The Mushroom Kingdom? It was short (like 10 seconds) and we got a few cheap laughs.

SasuNaru_san
05-27-2008, 02:18 PM
ok this is just my opinion but i thought last years skits were better.. yes i have to admit there were some skits this year that i laughed my butt off and then there were some that i was like " why did they even enter?"

but i think my most memorable part was after the chobits skit when everyone was "chi-ing" i have chi'd at all my friends today!

i hope the skits go on youtube like last years skits so i can rewatch them just to see if the ones i couldn't hear to well were deserving of more.. ( i was in the back )( couldnt hear to well)

GaaraSandNin
05-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Hey do any of you guys think you can give me some feedback on our groups Fun With Akatsuki skit ? I wish we hadn't have run out of time!

but yes feedback is good.

Miss.AllSunday
05-27-2008, 06:18 PM
ok this is just my opinion but i thought last years skits were better.. yes i have to admit there were some skits this year that i laughed my butt off and then there were some that i was like " why did they even enter?"

but i think my most memorable part was after the chobits skit when everyone was "chi-ing" i have chi'd at all my friends today!

i hope the skits go on youtube like last years skits so i can rewatch them just to see if the ones i couldn't hear to well were deserving of more.. ( i was in the back )( couldnt hear to well)

Agreed alot of them you can tell most people were thinking"why?"

I hate to say it and seem like a bitch but Naruto yaoi skits are getting even more lame. They arn't original at all. How ever the naruto grease skit was awsome. The girls in our group were singing along before we went on =D

I'm pretty sure the skits will be on youtube in about a week. they normaly are.

I guess I'll join in on the feedback aswell. We were the "fire Emblem? that smash brothers thing?" for those that reamber the name for thsoe that didn't we were a group of 5 with the orange haired catgirl(lethe stood out the most).

Grav
05-28-2008, 02:48 PM
I guess I'll join in on the feedback aswell. We were the "fire Emblem? that smash brothers thing?" for those that reamber the name for thsoe that didn't we were a group of 5 with the orange haired catgirl(lethe stood out the most).

I liked your skit (I actually did know all the characters from fire emblem) it was funny though at times I couldn't hear what people were saying so be sure to remind everyone to find the mic nearest to them and practically shout at it.

As for the mushroom kingdom one, the intro was longer than the actual skit. It was over before any of our group got a chance to understand what was going on, espeically because we couldn't hear any of what you said. I asked a friend afterwards what some skits were about since they had seats close up. They thought it was worth a quick laugh.

I'd like to know what everyone thought of our speed racer skit.

quadrain61
05-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I somehow managed to stay for all the skits, unlike Sakuracon; however, a few friends and I agreed it could have been better. There were a few good ones like the last skit, simple and sweet. Also the 2 min limit did kill some of the potential good skits too, but rules are rules.

ZombieFodder
05-28-2008, 03:09 PM
As for the mushroom kingdom one, the intro was longer than the actual skit. It was over before any of our group got a chance to understand what was going on, espeically because we couldn't hear any of what you said. I asked a friend afterwards what some skits were about since they had seats close up. They thought it was worth a quick laugh.
As the Wario-half of the Mushroom Kingdom skit, please let me elaborate. The skit represented the dilemma that Humankind faces when dealing with the conflicting pressures of Progress and Tradition. Racoon Mario and Wario were Everyman characters - depicting both the Good (Mario) and Evil (Wario) impulses in us all. The Koopa shell itself was a metaphor for the "hard to crack" question of how Humankind should proceed in Today's World. The two characters beat upon the shell much as Modern Humankind beats upon this question. Mario's shouts of "Get his gold! Get his shell!" represented the Good-side of Humankind being seduced by the Evil impulses (Wario's laugh), while Wario's pained whimper/cry at the end was Humankind coming to terms with the belief that such inner-soul-searching is eventually pointless and fraught with pain.

On second thought, your friend was right -> it was just the two of us up on stage beating the cr@p out of a Koopa for a cheap laugh. :)

djkidna
05-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Indie, Speed Racer skit was awesome.
I actually didn't get to see the Mushroom Kingdom skit since it was right after our DOA skit and the girls were rushing back to the room to change.

So do I take it now that our skit is so bad it's unmentionable?

Zipchan
05-28-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm kind of hoping that the skits get uploaded onto YouTube soon, so I can watch them again. I didn't get to see all of them since we had to wait out in the hallway for our skit. XD;;

Grav, what I saw of the Speed Racer skit, I loved. <3 It was a little hard to understand because the camera wouldn't pan over, but I liked what I saw. XD

As far as the Mushroom Kingdom skit, I don't remember that one... I think I was getting something to drink during that one. O.o I don't remember seeing the DoA skit, either. @_@;; C'mon, YouTube! Help me out here!!

I'm gonna jump on the feedback train. Our skit was the "SOS Love Love Brigade" with the different dances, including Thriller. XD You know, the one right after the Grease skit. Thoughts? Cookies? ...Hugs? :D (EDIT: ....Err... I feel silly. Artikgato asked about it already. >_> Stop beating me to it, Roomie!)

Miss.AllSunday
05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I liked your skit (I actually did know all the characters from fire emblem) it was funny though at times I couldn't hear what people were saying so be sure to remind everyone to find the mic nearest to them and practically shout at it.

I'd like to know what everyone thought of our speed racer skit.

We would have recorded it if we knew there wouldn't be that many mics this year. Once again it was changed the day of the con(jusst like last year).

I couldn't really hear the people in the background but you did look awsome!

Grav
05-28-2008, 08:02 PM
We would have recorded it if we knew there wouldn't be that many mics this year. Once again it was changed the day of the con(jusst like last year).

I couldn't really hear the people in the background but you did look awsome!

during a large part of the skit they were silently arguing because the action was with the people in the front. Trouble is that when it came time for them to be heard they often weren't. We based our plans on the mic system being similar to last years. We had no time to adjust to the fact there were only 2 mics.

Miss.AllSunday
05-28-2008, 09:18 PM
during a large part of the skit they were silently arguing because the action was with the people in the front. Trouble is that when it came time for them to be heard they often weren't. We based our plans on the mic system being similar to last years. We had no time to adjust to the fact there were only 2 mics.

We were planning on the same thing. Why did they cut back on mics? Did they give us warning of only two mics durring sign ups? I was still half asleep(with my crazy hair and big sunglasses)

Grav
05-28-2008, 09:28 PM
We were planning on the same thing. Why did they cut back on mics? Did they give us warning of only two mics durring sign ups? I was still half asleep(with my crazy hair and big sunglasses)

They didn't mention it at the 9 o'clock meeting or in the room while we were filling out forms and such, or while waiting to go on. So it was literally we saw the stage and were like crap.... where are all the mics? They handed us a single wireless mic but in a group of 6 it only helps so much. The magical x was also not there. I miss the x that tells us all where we can be heard.

djkidna
05-28-2008, 09:51 PM
I dunno, from seeing where the mics were before we got on stage, my group kinda adjusted to accommodate. At first it was a bit on and off cause Kyuubi was walking down the stage, but then we focused on each mic and I think it was okay. Please we were nice and loud lol.

Man, didn't anyone here see our skit?

Grav
05-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Man, didn't anyone here see our skit?

*Raises hand*

I saw it. It was the my boobs are better than yours right? What I could hear was funny. (the room was loud and many skits interrupted for us as the next groups were called to assemble) Nice reference to the volleyball game... still can't believe they made that thing. Separate boob engines? It was for the truly lonely basement dwelling otaku.

djkidna
05-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah the whole thing was making fun of DOA's obssession with boobs. I also made a reference to Naruto. "For the last time, no I can't use ninpo to change into a busty blonde bimbo, and NO I won't play volleyball with you!"

chevron694
05-28-2008, 11:18 PM
As the Wario-half of the Mushroom Kingdom skit, please let me elaborate. The skit represented the dilemma that Humankind faces when dealing with the conflicting pressures of Progress and Tradition. Racoon Mario and Wario were Everyman characters - depicting both the Good (Mario) and Evil (Wario) impulses in us all. The Koopa shell itself was a metaphor for the "hard to crack" question of how Humankind should proceed in Today's World. The two characters beat upon the shell much as Modern Humankind beats upon this question. Mario's shouts of "Get his gold! Get his shell!" represented the Good-side of Humankind being seduced by the Evil impulses (Wario's laugh), while Wario's pained whimper/cry at the end was Humankind coming to terms with the belief that such inner-soul-searching is eventually pointless and fraught with pain.

On second thought, your friend was right -> it was just the two of us up on stage beating the cr@p out of a Koopa for a cheap laugh. :)

WHAT!!!! LMAO Dude I dont know what to say to that lol I but yea we just did it to show off our costume and to get a few cheap laughs and
Grav: it was quick we were mugging a koopa and beating the crap out of it. Mugging someone I would think would have to be fast. so you dont get caught wario you were right I should have used the mic just so everyone could hear "quick get him before he come out again" and "grab his gold" It was fun and we got a few laughs.

EvilAuthor
05-28-2008, 11:56 PM
I guess since I'm here...What did everyone think of my group's skit?
It was the one where the Guardian of Time kills Link.

Zipchan
05-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Hibiki: OH!! That was your skit? I feel like a dummy now. >.> I haven't really played any of the DoA games before, so I didn't realize that's what that was. @.@;; I thought you guys were hilarious. =D

EvilAuthor: I only got to see yours from out in the hallway. ;o;

Aderyn
05-29-2008, 07:15 PM
So...I really hated the skit I was in, which was the Fun with Akatsuki skit. Improv is the worst!!!! Our Pein couldn't come to AZ this year and I, as Konan, had to fill in. >.< I actually forced myself to sit down and watch the skit from my friend's camera. *kills self* anyways, I was upset that our Pein (and if you're on the AZ forums, it was supposed to be Greed) didn't come...and I'm probably not going to do another skit again. I was so scared! *kills self again*

angel_illusion
05-29-2008, 10:36 PM
So...I really hated the skit I was in, which was the Fun with Akatsuki skit. Improv is the worst!!!! Our Pein couldn't come to AZ this year and I, as Konan, had to fill in. >.< I actually forced myself to sit down and watch the skit from my friend's camera. *kills self* anyways, I was upset that our Pein (and if you're on the AZ forums, it was supposed to be Greed) didn't come...and I'm probably not going to do another skit again. I was so scared! *kills self again*

Aderyn I don't think your skit was bad. Trust me my skit "the akatsuki salior song" from last year had worse improv since because of the technical diffuiculty we had to improv a random skit in a matter of second on stage. Now that was embarassing!!! espically when I first watched it on youtube.But I will say even if my first skit didn't turn out the way me and my friends were planing it to be. It was really fun. So don't be afride to do another skit.

Elfgirl M-chan
05-30-2008, 03:17 PM
I frankly enjoyed most all of the skits this year. Many of us back in Track 3 were stunned because while the whole collective wasn't AMAZING this year, it was at least good. I just remember doing cosplay 2 years ago and shaking my head at just how wide the gambit ran from great to how did these people get on stage.

To everyone that's posted here, I rather enjoyed all of your skits. Seriously. I was a big fan of the Fire Emblem skit and many others, whether they won an official award or not. Like I told Sudanro (Zihark), they at least won Elfgirl M-chan's Award. XD

I was the Wolf Link in the Midna's Betrayal skit, #23.

Nightflame
06-01-2008, 12:30 PM
I think my groups skit was better this year because we recorded it. I wish they started it on time. Our groups is called Night Flame of Elendil because of two of my friends that were in the group otaku screen names. My otaku sceen name is Night shade, my friend that was Dark sceen name is shadow flame and my friend that was Reno screen name was Elendil. Do you think that they will post any other skits that they did this year on Youtube?

djkidna
06-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't know if acparadise was there this year. They're the ones who mass recorded everyone and put it all on youtube last year.

Tohma
06-02-2008, 12:14 AM
ACParadise was NOT there this year so unless someone else was patient enough to film all the skits..we won't find them on youtube unless we are lucky. So sad. I guess I"ll have to wait for the DVD.

Anyway. Hello ^^ I actually enjoyed quite a few of the skits. I'm not sure I can name any right off the bat though. And sadly I did miss the ones right before and right after me because of being in line (I was the Sasuke in the Grease skit). But nice job to everyone and congrats to all the winners ^^

Blueoriontiger
06-02-2008, 09:09 PM
I was counting on ACParadise to be there this year, too. :( We could do one thing; rip the DVD and post it on Youtube, I think. xD

I thought all the skits were great, especially the Speed Racer and the Grease skit. I was the Athrun in Metal Gundam vs. Clorox Bleach. How did you like our skit?

Artikgato
06-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Heh. I was the one that posted the skits from two years ago on Youtube, so you can bet once we get the DVDs (but judging from how long it has taken them to send them out in the past...xD) I'll try to get them ripped off of the DVD and posted asap. I so wish ACParadise had been there this year! ToT

Yuki Hikari
06-05-2008, 01:15 PM

Aderyn, you did really good! So don't say that! O:

Did anyone else fall off the side of the stage? Because I could of sworn the wall was attached to the stage... xD

Zipchan
06-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I didn't fall off the stage, but I did trip on my own feet. I managed to turn it into a pose, though. XD

Yuki Hikari
06-10-2008, 10:03 PM
I got to get tripped by Tobi, which was great fun, even if I suck at fake falling. xD

It was really fun the day we got to get together and practice near the end of April. We were in a park in the middle of some trees, so my knee got really scratched up from the falls. :3

Aderyn
06-10-2008, 11:56 PM
It was so good when we practiced it! We really do have to get toghether sometime and just record the whole thing and put it up on youtube. ^^ However, trying to get us all together again would be near impossible. Greed still owes me big time for covering his butt in that skit. :mad:

Yuki Hikari
06-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Whenever Greed gets back online, he'll hear from all of us. :J

I'm really just mad at him because he never told me. If I had known sooner I could of made some changes in the script ahead of time. Although everything you did Aderyn turned out great. ^^ -luves on you- :3

Nightflame
07-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey do any of you guys think you can give me some feedback on our groups Fun With Akatsuki skit ? I wish we hadn't have run out of time!

but yes feedback is good.

It was funny. It didn't sound like you recorded it though. Because it was kind of hard to hear. I also wish they hadn't cut you off. It seamed like your skit was getting more interesting. Not saying that it wasn't interesting already. I just wish I could have seen all of it.

Yuki Hikari
07-07-2008, 06:12 PM
It wasn't recorded, we spoke the whole thing.

The ending that got cut was an ANBU ninja was supposed to run it after Zetsu, to bust him for selling drugs. But Zetsu runs before he gets there and the rest of us run after Konan yells 'Cheese it!' because we are criminals. I was supposed to be dragged off the stage by Kisame because I'm blind, and in the commotion Kisame's dad was to run off all creepy like with Crispy.

Nightflame
07-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Could every one here my groups skit? It was skit #8 or do we need to record it louder next time?

Nightflame
07-29-2008, 10:20 AM
It would be a different skit not the same one.

Miss.AllSunday
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
dose anyone have an idea when the dvd is sapposed to go out. im really wanting to see some of the skits again.

Nightflame
07-30-2008, 12:52 AM
dose anyone have an idea when the dvd is sapposed to go out. im really wanting to see some of the skits again.

I just got my animazment skit dvd today. I was really happy. I hope you will get yours soon.

Miss.AllSunday
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
i didn't order one, just hoping someone who did will upload the skits. Pretty please =D

Nightflame
07-30-2008, 12:40 PM
i didn't order one, just hoping someone who did will upload the skits. Pretty please =D

But if we did upload the skits on there would we get in trouble with youtube or any thing?

Miss.AllSunday
07-30-2008, 03:41 PM
But if we did upload the skits on there would we get in trouble with youtube or any thing? you shouldn't several people upload from the dvd in past yrs and at differnt cons. Besides the worst they would do is just delet the videos.

Nightflame
08-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Has no body posted it yet? I looked and didn't see that they post all of the skits but I just want to make sure that no one else has before I do it.

Miss.AllSunday
08-04-2008, 08:12 PM
i havnt seen anyone else post. please do!