PDA

View Full Version : Hospitalized

SeeSpotRun
05-26-2008, 10:14 PM
My cousin Grav was hospitalized this afternoon due to a cardiac episode and partial kidney failure after the medical team gave him the wrong medication.

Most folk at cons are really awesome, but unfortunately some aren't. Whoever stole his wallet got themselves some quick cash but nearly cost my cousin his life because he did not have any identification or his medical cards on him that would have warned the medical team what medications he cannot take.

So I hope all his cosplay and con buds will pray, cross their fingers, or whatever they do that he'll get better soon.

cmkcubed
05-26-2008, 10:26 PM
I am so sorry that happened! :( I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. I do hope he can either get his wallet back or get new cards asap.

Rhi
05-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Man, that's sad to hear. Yeah that's not right, people, don't take other people's stuff; geez...
I hope your cousin is alright! He'll be in my thoughts an prayers.

Utai Mitsumo
05-26-2008, 10:29 PM
I hope he's ok ;-; We had so much fun in our Ouendan group.

SeeSpotRun
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM
My mom and I drove up from Charlotte. When he came to they got some phone numbers and med info off of him but they couldn't get a hold of his parents, or his grandparents, and we were the next closest.

It sucks cause he's a really good guy, and he loves going to conventions and running panels but this whole mess really soured his experience this year.

EvilAuthor
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM
I heard about the wallet, but that just sucks!
Is he going to be ok? The stuff I'm allergic to just gives me chest pains so I can't imagine what it'd be like for it to be bad enough to need a trip to the hospital.

SeeSpotRun
05-26-2008, 10:51 PM
He has two conflicting heart conditions so he can't take over half the regularly prescribed medications for cardiac problems because they affect the other problem. Top that off with a metabolism that's through the roof and it can get messed up. That's why has has medical history cards and a medical alert on his license.

EvilAuthor
05-26-2008, 10:54 PM
He has two conflicting heart conditions so he can't take over half the regularly prescribed medications for cardiac problems because they affect the other problem. Top that off with a metabolism that's through the roof and it can get messed up. That's why has has medical history cards and a medical alert on his license.You'll do a follow up and let everyone know when he gets out, right?

GreatSG
05-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Oh god, this is horrible and I had talked to him on the phone earlier this afternoon, i'm really worried about him, especially knowing how severe his condition is. I really do hope he pulls through and gets better quickly.

SeeSpotRun
05-26-2008, 11:15 PM
You'll do a follow up and let everyone know when he gets out, right?

I will. Right now my mom is with him. I'm at his place collecting some of his things and doing a few errands for him so he can just relax. I'm also trying to get a hold of his parents.

GreatSG

When you spoke to Indie was he having any problems. He's knocked out right now so med info is kinda sketch. We only see him at family gatherings.

GreatSG
05-26-2008, 11:56 PM
GreatSG

When you spoke to Indie was he having any problems. He's knocked out right now so med info is kinda sketch. We only see him at family gatherings.

When I talked to him he sounded like he was tired, which is common post-con, I only talked to him for about 10 minutes about what happened at the con Sunday, I really wish I could be of more help than that. This really puts a lot of guilt on myself.

SeeSpotRun
05-27-2008, 12:06 AM
When I talked to him he sounded like he was tired, which is common post-con, I only talked to him for about 10 minutes about what happened at the con Sunday, I really wish I could be of more help than that. This really puts a lot of guilt on myself.

I didn't want you to feel bad. >_< I'm just trying to get more info cause it is hard to diagnose what went wrong when you have no info.

If you can get a hold of any of his friends or find out if he had any problems let me know. I'll probably be up all night searching his apartment for his cell anyway.

meevah
05-27-2008, 12:40 AM
What happened? What time? T_____T I hope nothing worse happens....

I don't know much about his health today since I'm currently 4 hours away, and the only one I could call about this is probably asleep right now for work. =/

Fory-san
05-27-2008, 06:11 AM
OMG...I talked to him briefly throughout the con and he is a really great guy! Please tell him that I am keeping him in my prayers. :(

CardcaptorKiki
05-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Ohmygosh! Please keep us posted about his condition. I saw him at the convention and it was really fun talking to him even though it was brief and Cosplay Chess was fun with him, too. He seemed like a really great guy, so it sucks to hear about that. I know it's a strech since I live at the very bottom of SC, but somehow, if there's anything I can do, let me know!! ;w;

Vampey
05-27-2008, 08:21 AM
o_o I had read about his wallet and was upset it happened. My friend had a small wrap of the 7 Deadly Sins in frames that got stolen from her too D:

It's a shame to hear that he's in the hospital. I'm not quite sure if I did talk to him at the con, consideirng it was my first Animazement, but I'll keep him in my prayers.

angel_illusion
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
OH NO!! I hope Indie gets better soon. Keep us posted about his condition. I heard about his wallet and who ever took it please just give it back. This is a serious issue,and there are some really important medical cards in there. Indie hope you get better soon and you'll be in my prayers.

meevah
05-27-2008, 07:35 PM
I got off the phone with him sometime earlier, he's well enough to call and make sure his friends weren't too worried, but not keen on the idea of walking around too much. xD

Either way, he's somewhat fine now, and that's a better update than a bad one, I must say. ;w;

Enzera87
05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
His was one of the twins at the Ouran High photoshoot. I hope he gets better soon! He will be in my prayers as well! I just wish who ever took it would had a kind heart and at least return the wallet! Please keep us inform on how he is doing! We love you Indie! Stay Strong!

djkidna
05-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Chances are very high that the person who stole the wallet isn't a forum member, and probably just a jerk who goes to big events to be a jerk anyway. People are horrible I swear. Seems for every six good people there's always one bad person.

Indie, I'm pullin for ya buddy. Get well soon!

GreatSG
05-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey, just so everyone knows I heard back from Grav, he's out of the hospital and back home and is recovering. He really appreciates all of the care and support! :D

Enzera87
05-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Yay! I'm so glad to hear that he is ok! ^u^

Chewibunny
05-28-2008, 12:43 AM
It was shocking to hear this after the whole "wallet thread" (like a fore-warning). Glad to hear Indie is recovering!

Zipchan
05-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Good to know he's recovering! Poor guy had some of the worst luck this year, huh? =( I ran into him quite a few times this year, which I was thrilled about since I had seen him in last year's cosplay DVD and thought he was amazing as Reno. XD;;

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery!

Grimmory
05-28-2008, 09:46 AM
O thank god, I was worried! Hope he gets better soon

Grav
05-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks everyone ^_^

I'm doing a bit better now though the five feet form couch to computer is still a vast space as far as I'm concerned.

>_< I can't eat sugar, dairy, meat, or large amounts of carbs for the next while though. (kidneys).

Not the first time I've gotten the wrong medication, but it is the first time it affected my kidneys. Cons make you dehydrated >_<.

I just wanted to let everyone know I'll be okay. The next week or so will be filled with watching anime and playing video games from my couch.

djkidna
05-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Hurray! Glad you're doin alright. Next time you best stick with me, I'm a good watch dog. I'll gladly wrist lock anyone who tries to pick pocket you and make sure that hand doesn't touch another person's belongings again.

angel_illusion
05-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Good to hear your doing better!! Hope you make a full recovery!!

EvilAuthor
05-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks everyone ^_^

I'm doing a bit better now though the five feet form couch to computer is still a vast space as far as I'm concerned.

>_< I can't eat sugar, dairy, meat, or large amounts of carbs for the next while though. (kidneys).

Not the first time I've gotten the wrong medication, but it is the first time it affected my kidneys. Cons make you dehydrated >_<.

I just wanted to let everyone know I'll be okay. The next week or so will be filled with watching anime and playing video games from my couch.Thank god! You just veg out and get better.

I just hope you actually live in the area and didn't end up spending a few days in a hospital in an unfamiliar city.