PDA

View Full Version : Edward Scissorhands ! =^.^= !

Skullez
06-24-2003, 10:08 PM
This year at Dragon Con I hopefuly will try and acheve a long dream of makeing a edward scissorhands costume! im so obsesed w/ this movie its just so beautiful ! But yes...i have a like huge doll of edward that shows amazing detale to hims costume! ..but one thing is how the helll can i keep cool in this thing!!
i might half to get another hair cut and a re-color done when i go, but its worth it! =^.^= !
i hope it might win the costume contest they have but again..thats if i can get this done right!
i just need some old belts!!! belts w/ lots of metal holes in them ! ..
that woudl work out great fo rme.

:p

I already have boots for teh job and pants as well..i just need chain links! where can i get those!?!?!
i see none what so ever..and for a finishing touch i saw on a comentary...ducktape ! =^.^= !!

BlueLady
06-24-2003, 11:19 PM
good luck with that. There has been a few that I've seen and they always turn out increadible. I can't wait to see it when its done!

Skullez
06-24-2003, 11:25 PM
thanks =^.^= ! the nyl problem is the Scissor hands. I dono if i can make them. or even brign the to the con cuz they are sharp. if not i can make then from alluminum..or whatever. =^.^= !

Nachoman
06-25-2003, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't make the scissor-gloves out of metal, in the first place. No matter if its dead-steel, you would be a danger for yourself and others (and then there are the con policies, which you should check in the con's website).
If it happened to be one of those absolutely-no-weapons con, then don't even think about it, not even in wood, paper-mache, or fibreglass. And if the con Does have a certain leniency toward carrying weapons, consider only using the materials above.
Be very careful on your decitions, as a wrong one might even prove to be illegal. :o

Kaijugal
06-25-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Nachoman
I wouldn't make the scissor-gloves out of metal, in the first place. No matter if its dead-steel, you would be a danger for yourself and others (and then there are the con policies, which you should check in the con's website).
If it happened to be one of those absolutely-no-weapons con, then don't even think about it, not even in wood, paper-mache, or fibreglass. And if the con Does have a certain leniency toward carrying weapons, consider only using the materials above.
Be very careful on your decitions, as a wrong one might even prove to be illegal. :o

Good point Nachoman. :) (Nice to "see" you here BTW! :)

I'd suggest making them out of styrene. Also you make a mold using some old metal scissors and cast some out of rubber. Use 18 guage florist wire when you cast them. It will help keep them in shape. :)

Just an idea!
Cheers!
~Kaijugal :)