PDA

View Full Version : Cosplaying to pick up a game

Aoshi Shinomori
09-16-2002, 04:10 PM
Have anyone ever cosplayed to pick up a video game that just came out? like for example if you went as squall to pick up Final Fantasy 8? or Tidus for Final Fantasy X. I'm thinking about going as Kingdom Hearts Tidus to pick up Kingdom Hearts when it comes out this week

L to the 3rd
09-16-2002, 04:18 PM
errr...I don't think the people would care tho' :I
the game store staff probably think we are just
freaks or something. lol.

Oshi
09-16-2002, 04:56 PM
...Wait, you mean we're not? XD
*proud to be freakish*

Dude... That would be a great promotion for KH, or any games... like, compromise with the store people to let you chill there in costume.

Kurenai
09-16-2002, 04:58 PM
That's so awesome! I would want to do that!

I think I quasi-cosplayed to the FF movie (wore my moogle ears and deedlybop) but it was rather dissapointing cos there weren't a lot of people at the first show. Plus it sucked, but that's another story.

Kenshin Ken
09-16-2002, 05:18 PM
Actualyl it's funny, there are Squaresoft promotions that happen here n then at the Sony Metreon. We've had cosplayers come about over there for the promotions ^^.

One of my firends who dressed up as Yuna.. got some rpetty intreuging looks that made her uneasy ^^;;

Jinx
09-17-2002, 02:16 AM
Nothing exiciting happens in AZ!! ;_;

Aoshi Shinomori
09-17-2002, 03:08 AM
hmm well ill probably go as tidus but i think the mall security might hassle me for showing too much skin. It would be hard to explain to them why i am dressed this way lol. I'll go to Gamestop tmw and talk with the workers and see what they think.

L to the 3rd
09-17-2002, 03:16 AM
tell them that you usually dress bumy like that. ^o^

Aoshi Shinomori
09-17-2002, 03:28 AM
lol well i know some of the workers there so maybe they might want me to stick around and do some advertisement so they dont think im a freak or anything.. or am I?

Rosiel
09-17-2002, 08:46 AM
Oh that would be hilarious, try dressing as Squall to pick up your game! I generally cosplay after I play the game, and choose villains, which would give me zero recognizability anyway.

I'd have to EXPLAIN to the people who I was and why.
Which kind of ruins the gesture. ;___;

Aoshi Shinomori
09-18-2002, 12:05 AM
Villians are cool.. yeah i hate explaining to people who you are and stuff like that... I hate to explain to alot of people that i was Tidus from Kingdom Hearts.. not a ghetto version of Tidus from FFX

Keurblitz
09-18-2002, 12:21 AM
:( Too poor to get kingdom hearts.... Me hafta wait till I get more job hours or until the price drops...
*hangs head in shame*

artemis316
09-18-2002, 12:24 AM
I actually cosplayed as Seifer (w/ Gunblade in tow) at my workplace last year during Halloween and had to buy Final Fantasy 8 there for a friend's b-day gift. Some of my co-workers knew who I was but my manager and others just gave me a 0_0 when you see Seifer on the cover of the gamebox...^.^

Oshi
09-18-2002, 09:30 AM
*POINT!* You must show me a pic of you as Seifer.

Rosiel
09-18-2002, 10:31 AM
> I hate to explain to alot of people that i was Tidus from Kingdom Hearts.. not a ghetto version of Tidus from FFX

I remember trying to convince someone that I really /was/ someone from Skies of Arcadia... until the person admitted they just played a little bit of the begining. X___X Of course then you wouldn't have seen the final boss yet!

Ranma Saotome
09-18-2002, 01:32 PM
Closest thing I did was dress as Ranma to pick up my paycheck once. ^^;

Aoshi Shinomori
09-18-2002, 03:50 PM
>I remember trying to convince someone that I really /was/ someone from Skies of Arcadia... until the person admitted they just played a little bit of the begining. X___X Of course then you wouldn't have seen the final boss yet!

Yeah its the same for me when im Aoshi.. I tried to convince someone i was from Kenshin but the only saw a few eps.. Aoshi is like one of the first main bad guys to show up. and for the butt bow aoshi.. someone would have to have seen pics of it in the manga or heard about it.

coscrew
09-18-2002, 04:20 PM
i cosplayed as Heat (bust a move 2) in a video store i worked in cus i finished it before my shift and wanted to try it on XD

Celine
09-18-2002, 04:29 PM
Hehe, it's funny that this topic just happened to come up here recently. My sis, who works at EB, is planning to cosplay as Alis from Phantasy Star 1 to promote the game the day it comes out. She got permission from her supervisor and everything. ^_^

(Reminder: Everyone should buy PS Collection for the GBA!! Yay!)

artemis316
09-18-2002, 06:51 PM
Oshi:

^_^; Well, personally I think my Seifer looks ghetto, but my friend, Hai (Tight @$$, Kitty, Chrissy, Yunie Nessa and Aeris know him too), made my Gunblade for me and it pretty much makes it look cool. Pffthh...I know I'm not the best Seifer cosplayer out there and it kinda looks crappy...just my opinion. I know I had a good pic that Lionel took at AX2001 w/ me and Hai (as Squall) but I can't remember what day we did them and I'm lazy to look thru 1 million pix for it...^.^

From Anime North 2001- I didn't have the Gunblade until AX2001, hence why I'm not shown w/ it and not enough hair dye on the side -_-

http://artemis316.homestead.com/files/artyseifer.jpg

From AniMagic 2001- I was more satisfied w/ this pic w/ my GB in tow...in the pic, from left to right...Gina AKA Flame Sniper Rei (as Rinoa), Chrissy AKA Scrawny Squall, Tight @$$ as Mage #33, me as Seifer and Mandy Mitchell, cosplaying as a civillian, LOL!

http://www.mandyscosplay.com/am01-46ff.jpg

Again, these pix don't show the full ghetto-ness of my costume, but it's better than nothing...^.^

coscrew
09-19-2002, 08:12 AM
anime north 2k1, hmm?
did you cosplay as anything else then, i think i remember seeing you there.

artemis316
09-19-2002, 06:18 PM
Besides Seifer, I only had 2 other costumes I remember wearing: Kensou from KOF'97 and my HomeBoy Ash Ketchem (basically, I was dressed like Ash, but wore shades, wore the hat backwards and just acted all 'Yooo, wassup, boooyyieee!!) LOL!

I have many pix of my Kensou from AN'01 (taken by the famous Lionel Lum hehehe), but Homeboy Ash was just a lil' thing I put together at last minute since I brought Ash for some reason, in which I forgot ^^ Oh, and if you know about Sailor JAM-boree, I'm their stage hand/ninja/bag beeotch and I pretty much help them at whatever gig I can go to, like AN'01. Had a blast at AN'01 and '02, though I'm unsure about '03. Kinda want to expand my east coast horizons, like Otakon and junk. Anywayz, here's the Kensou pic...

http://artemis316.homestead.com/files/artykensou.jpg

FYI: The pose I'm doing comes from a Sentai show (better known as Power Rangers) I'm doing the pose of Blue Ranger from Time Ranger/Time Force...yesh, I'm a big arse fan of Power Rangers, so sue me. :D