PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ HERE! What's this about?

Kaijugal
06-25-2003, 01:20 PM
I have a chronic prolem. :drink:

Haha..NO not that one! LOL! :D

I almost never get any good pictures of my costumes. (everyone elses mind you, but not mine) <rueful laugh> :( Sometimes I don't have pictures at all. (Thus the pathectic amount acutally attached to this account). At best I often have to settle for fuzzy, dark or badly posed ones.

I'm sure others often have similar problems. So here is what I am proposing. I'd like to form a Cosplay Picture Exchange.

Everyone who belonged to the exchange club would be on a master list. When they took pictures at a con the would submit those of cosplayers to be catolouged. Eventally each cosplayer would have a archive of available pictures that can be written to CD for them. We might get some great shots we never would have otherwise!

We could do a trial locally to see how it works.
Anyone interested?

~ Dawn :)

Sarcasm-hime
06-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Sounds great Dawn, but who's going to be the librarian? I'll do ya one better--Sometime after TT, I want to get a whole passel of us in High Park to take photos. Bring Godzilla and we can have him rampage around scaring pedestrians! XD

Kia
06-25-2003, 01:52 PM
^_^ That sounds like fun! I can *sooo* see the little kids looking up in awe and the parents wondering if they should run for their lives! ^_^

As for the picture exchange, I like the idea a lot. I have to keep searching around for *any* pictures of me from Anime North. If this works it will be great not to have to do that so much. ^_^

Chosuke
06-25-2003, 03:12 PM
That sounds like a kickass idea.
There is a really cool park near Brampton also called 'Eldorado park' its right on the credit river and no one is ever there.
I think we should make like the californians and hold a few photoshoots in different places for the GTA/Canadian cosplay.com people.

I know a few proff. photographers who would be VERY interested.

Kaijugal
06-25-2003, 10:30 PM
I'm so glad everyone seems positive regarding the idea.
As it's my idea I volunteer to be "librarian" I have a large amount of storage space on my computer so it would be no problem, as well I'd write things to disk as they came in. (It doen't hurt to have a roomate that works at a photolab either)

I'm going to come up with more details soonish. Please forward any ideas you may have as well..,.speaking of which...

I love your idea Sarcam about the photo shoot in High Park. Could we arrange it for early Sept (after Worldcon?) I'll be gone most of July and will be giving the old 'zilla one last refurb for worldcon. Also I'll have to arrange a ride with someone in possession of a van. LOL! It's a superfantastic idea and I definately want to be involved.

:) ~ Cheers!

Sarcasm-hime
06-25-2003, 10:45 PM
Well since I'm sure that we all have more than one costume we'd like good pics of, and since I'm not sure what kind of facilities High Park has for costume-changing and primping, Chobrat's idea of having more than one photoshoot is a good one. We can hold one shoot in July, then one in Sept with Godzilla...we could even maybe have the summer Cosplay Meetups (http://cosplay.meetup.com) (once a month) be straight-out photoshoots. ^_^

heki-chan
06-25-2003, 11:01 PM
i really like that idea, Dawn!!! *_*
i was reallyreally sad this year bcuz i was really looking forward to hugging Godzilla :( but i never ran into you when you were in costume ;_;
u should wear it to CNAX :) i will personally overwhelm u with cameraflashes ^0^

Ryukka
06-25-2003, 11:19 PM
Eek, thats a really neat idea dawn ^0^ and chobrat's about having photoshoots and stuff is good to~ yay n__n

i was able to find 3 pictures of me; one when I was blinking, another when I was talking to someone, and one when I was glaring at daniela whom was in the mass of people taking pictures at the AN photoshoot o_O other then that, no luck @_@

archangeli
06-26-2003, 12:14 AM
That's a great suggestion. I'm totally up for it! I remeber a lot of pics were taken of me but I've only ever found 2 online.

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
06-26-2003, 12:27 AM
Yay! Great thinking!!!!!!!! I know~ often heard ppl say they went to some sites and find really nice pics of them and I can never seem to find those sites =P

Maki

Erilan
06-26-2003, 12:46 AM
Count me in, that's one the better ideas I've heard for awhile.

Mage
06-26-2003, 01:29 AM
If possible, it would be great if there could be one before September....some of us will no longer be local come September. University calls. =/

Nachoman
06-26-2003, 01:41 AM
Count me in, whenever. Just be sure not to do things once autumn has set, because my main costume is VERY drafty.

Kaijugal
06-26-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm very excited that everyone is up for this. :) I've already started scanning and archiving the pictures I have. I'm experimenting with an easy filing code. From time to time I'm going to need help identifying/naming characters. I STILL haven't seen it all. <sheepish grin>

If possible, it would be great if there could be one before September....some of us will no longer be local come September. University calls. =/

Oh. I hadn't thought of this! Sorry! (Dawn ! Bad old lady!!) :crylaugh:

Count me in, whenever. Just be sure not to do things once autumn has set, because my main costume is VERY drafty.

Indeed! :D You're one of a kind Natchoman, we definately don't want you catching a cold.

As for the pre September meet I might be able to make it if it's on a SUNDAY. I'm at trek the weekend of the 11th and G-FEST the weekend after that.. <laughs> <sighs> With those exceptions I'll work around whatever the group decideds.

OOooo first canadian cosplay photo picnic party. :cheers:
<happy dance>

~Cheers! Dawn :juggler:

Kaijugal
06-26-2003, 11:01 AM
erg... my sig just died again. Anyone know why that happens. (yes sig box is checked....)

<pouts>

Limeyaku
06-26-2003, 02:29 PM
wai wai wai!!! *O* im up for it too, and so is saku-chan. *___* that'd be so fusking aweseome.....*happiness* *O*

Kia
06-26-2003, 03:06 PM
^_^ I'm liking this idea alot! will we have food? Cause I like food!

BTW- Dawn, each page is set up so that your signature only shows up once per page. ^-^

Kisa
06-27-2003, 10:18 PM
>.<
Dammitall. Not being from the GTA sucks sometimes.

Kaijugal
06-27-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Kia
^_^ I'm liking this idea alot! will we have food? Cause I like food!

BTW- Dawn, each page is set up so that your signature only shows up once per page. ^-^

Thanks for the info Kia! :) :D

Kisa, you're in Kitchener? If so maybe we could make arrangements for you to come out with some friends of mine. Especially if we have a sept BBQ. :) Some of the video staff from AN live out there.

Minakolabelle
06-28-2003, 02:57 PM
I live in kitchener ^_^

and Kisa lives in Kingston K-town not Kitherener k-town ^^;

Kaijugal
06-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Minakolabelle
I live in kitchener ^_^

and Kisa lives in Kingston K-town not Kitherener k-town ^^;

Oops... well that does throw a wrench in things!! :confused: Kisa anyone else out your way cosplaying? Could you organize a get together there? Truth is people that we could have little shoots all over Ont and surrounding areas by the A N attending cosplayers. As long as we have computers and scanners/digital cameras we can e-mail the pics and I can collect them in the archive.) :D We will perservere for the art! <strikes triumphant pose> :rockon: LOL!

~DAWN :spinner:

Limeyaku
06-29-2003, 03:36 PM
:random: LOOOOOL! i love reading your posts. theyre so entertaining and decorated with smilies. XD