PDA

View Full Version : BlizzCon 2008

Icurnezko
05-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Just wanted to move this thread from the Video Game Cosplay: Blizzard Cosplayers so it could get some more love!
Post if you plan on going, what you'll be going as, and anything else as it pertains to the wonderful world of BlizzCon!
Hope to see you all there!

*pwning Alliance* ---> :chatah:

Official Press Release:

BLIZZCON™ 2008 ANNOUNCED

Blizzard Entertainment® gaming convention returns to Anaheim Convention Center October 10–11

IRVINE, Calif. – May 12, 2008 – – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for its third BlizzCon™ gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on October 10 and 11. BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment®'s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises. In response to the demand to accommodate more attendees, this year's event has expanded from two convention halls to three.

"Whenever we've been able to meet and interact with Blizzard gamers from around the world, it's been a great experience for us," stated Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We're looking forward to seeing even more of our players at this year's BlizzCon and delivering another entertaining and informative event for them."

BlizzCon will offer a wide variety of activities to help all attendees get the most out of the two-day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for the different Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:

* Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment releases
* Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
* Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
* Areas and activities devoted to licensed products such as the World of Warcraft® Trading Card Game
* Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
* Commemorative merchandise based on the Blizzard Entertainment franchises
* A silent auction
* More exciting activities to be announced

Tickets for BlizzCon will go on sale in the next few weeks at a price of $100 USD per person. As the event draws closer, further details will be announced on the official BlizzCon website: www.blizzcon.com.

jellylorum
05-30-2008, 11:29 AM
When and where is this?

Icurnezko
05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
When and where is this?

Good call. I'll add it to the first post. :)

jellylorum
05-30-2008, 06:04 PM
If this is an Anime con. I will try to go

livengood
05-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Blizzcon is geared towards Blizzard Games. World of Warcraft, Starcraft, etc... Nothing to do with anime.

Also, I'd recommend posting a link to the official event website.

Icurnezko
05-31-2008, 12:33 AM
Blizzcon is geared towards Blizzard Games. World of Warcraft, Starcraft, etc... Nothing to do with anime.

Also, I'd recommend posting a link to the official event website.

Good idea, I'll add that too.
Sorry this is my first time starting a thread. :eeek:

Icurnezko
05-31-2008, 01:31 PM
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I found hotel rooms in that area (at most 1 mile away from the convention center) that are about $60-$100 per night after taxes. If you can find 4 people to share a room, it's actually not that bad.

This site is a good search engine:
www.kayak.com

(You can change the point of reference to specifically the Anaheim Convention Center and distance in the upper left hand corner)

Icurnezko
06-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I wish we would get added to the calendar! :bigcry:

ClockworkMouse
06-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Had I known about Blizzcon I would have tried to get tickets. I'm going to WWI in Paris instead :P
Anyone else going? we should lookout for each other!

Icurnezko
06-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Had I known about Blizzcon I would have tried to get tickets.

They still haven't gone on sale yet! There's still time!!! :bigtu:

Atheana
06-07-2008, 04:39 AM
I'm going :D

Icurnezko
06-07-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm going :D

Awesome!

ClockworkMouse
06-09-2008, 03:16 AM
They still haven't gone on sale yet! There's still time!!! :bigtu:

Oh they problem isn't getting the ticket, it's the cost of it all. I'm only a poor student :P
My costume has already cost me £250 and by flights, accom. and ticket have cost me a total of £300.... so US Blizzcon is unfortunately out of the question,

FjAlucard
06-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I have just started work with my brother on Warlock tier 2. ^^ He is getting to work on an imp to carry around.

Icurnezko
06-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Yay! More Warlocks! :)

Atheana
06-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I was reading the Blizzcon updates from last year, and it seems like the tickets sold out in 3 days :O

Icurnezko
06-11-2008, 10:40 PM
I was reading the Blizzcon updates from last year, and it seems like the tickets sold out in 3 days :O

Yeah they did...but I will post as soon as I see them up so just in case you don't see it on your load screen you'll have an extra reminder. ;)

derelict_
06-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Gonna go! I waited 2 days to get my ticket last year and they had already sold out by the 30th hour I believe. Lol, way to own myself. I'll bring my BE Pally in T2 and my BE rogue in T6 with some warglaives.

BurnSizzleMelt
06-16-2008, 01:39 PM
As I said in the other forum, I'm sooo there!
My boyfriend is coming too, he'll be cosplaying his BE rogue. ^0^

The Mer
06-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I have a massive group who is going this year but I think I'm gonna be the only one cosplaying. I'm going as my main, a Blood Elf Paladin Engineer in T4/Kara Gear (I will have goggles!). Working on getting the materials for the costume this weekend and planning it out with a friend who has experience making fake armor for plays and the like.

I'm working on my weapon, shield and libram by myself.. almost done with the libram. I'll have to post pics eventually.

CrackRoxas
06-21-2008, 04:10 AM
I hope I can go! If I can, I will be going as Tarindrella. She's the half deer half night elf girl who is the end of the 1st The Woodland Protector quest and the start/end of the 2ed. Located in the south western part of Shadowglen. =3 (i think i might end up driving.dont think they will let me take half a deer on the plane.XD) Here's a picture --->http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/KatsuYani/traindrella.jpg

derelict_
06-21-2008, 07:57 AM
As I said in the other forum, I'm sooo there!
My boyfriend is coming too, he'll be cosplaying his BE rogue. ^0^
epic duel, we need one. lel

Icurnezko
06-21-2008, 06:13 PM
i think i might end up driving.dont think they will let me take half a deer on the plane.XD) Here's a picture --->http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/KatsuYani/traindrella.jpg

Yeah...I'm kinda worried about that too. Of course coming from the east coast I have no choice but to fly. I'm thinking of sending my costume UPS early to the hotel, but I'm so scared they will mess it up or lose it! :bigcry:

I have a massive group who is going this year but I think I'm gonna be the only one cosplaying. I'm going as my main, a Blood Elf Paladin Engineer in T4/Kara Gear (I will have goggles!). Working on getting the materials for the costume this weekend and planning it out with a friend who has experience making fake armor for plays and the like.

I'm working on my weapon, shield and libram by myself.. almost done with the libram. I'll have to post pics eventually.

And YAY! I'm still so excited about this. I hope maybe others will be convinced to cosplay as well. :D

CrackRoxas
06-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah...I'm kinda worried about that too. Of course coming from the east coast I have no choice but to fly. I'm thinking of sending my costume UPS early to the hotel, but I'm so scared they will mess it up or lose it! :bigcry:

I'm from St. Louis, MO, so yeah. Car ride. Eehhh. Looks like a plane ride is the only way. I DO, however, have a big @$$ suit case that it might fit it. I could just fold the hind legs up and stuff the body with... other stuff. If not, theres always "over sized luggage" route. n_n

CrackRoxas
06-22-2008, 02:46 AM
w00t! The tail's done!!!

YAAAYYY!!!

Now I have to do everything else. @_@

Icurnezko
06-23-2008, 12:58 AM
w00t! The tail's done!!!

YAAAYYY!!!

Now I have to do everything else. @_@

lol Good luck! If you can get it together in time, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. :toothy:

CrackRoxas
06-23-2008, 02:41 AM
lol Good luck! If you can get it together in time, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. :toothy:

w00t! I'm pretty sure I will have it done, but how to get it there... >.<

I'll think of something.

>_o...

BurnSizzleMelt
06-23-2008, 03:06 PM
epic duel, we need one. lel

hehe ohhhh its on girl! :rockon:

Lol how well will airport staff love my staff? >< errr.... not much i'm sure.

Icurnezko
06-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Lol how well will airport staff love my staff? >< errr.... not much i'm sure.

Yeah...
"Do you have any weapons?" Ummm, is "kinda" an acceptable answer? :toothy:

CrackRoxas
06-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah...
"Do you have any weapons?" Ummm, is "kinda" an acceptable answer? :toothy:

I dought they will be every happy about that. Be sure to pack it in "Check Luggage" or else they will confiscate it. They took my tooth paste. And contact solution. So yeah. Everything must go in your check luggage.. or else the poopy headed murlocs will take it!

THIEVES!! HOW DARE THE TAKE ME TOOTH PASTE!!! DX

Icurnezko
06-24-2008, 01:58 PM
I dought they will be every happy about that. Be sure to pack it in "Check Luggage" or else they will confiscate it. They took my tooth paste. And contact solution. So yeah. Everything must go in your check luggage.. or else the poopy headed murlocs will take it!

THIEVES!! HOW DARE THE TAKE ME TOOTH PASTE!!! DX

Yeah airport security isn't well-known for their extraordinary bag handling abilities unfortunately. :mad:

That's why I'm tempted to just try to ship UPS. Hell, I'd even wear my shit on the plane if they would let me. :toothy: Although, I have a sneaking suspicion that I'd be poking everyone in the face with my shoulders. Oh well...they're all just humans anyway. Muahahahaha!

CrackRoxas
06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Yeah airport security isn't well-known for their extraordinary bag handling abilities unfortunately. :mad:

That's why I'm tempted to just try to ship UPS. Hell, I'd even wear my shit on the plane if they would let me. :toothy: Although, I have a sneaking suspicion that I'd be poking everyone in the face with my shoulders. Oh well...they're all just humans anyway. Muahahahaha!

XD

"This is your captain speaking. FORTHEHORDE!"

BurnSizzleMelt
06-25-2008, 11:08 AM
LOL OMG. That would be Soooo Funny!
Yeah ...the staff is about 6 ft. Doubt I could fit it in any luggage. I may just wrap it up really good and see if they'll take it as a special item....like people go with golf clubs and stuff so why not? Right?
where would you ship it to though?>

derelict_
06-25-2008, 11:26 AM
They need to start selling tickets, ffs.

CrackRoxas
06-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah ...the staff is about 6 ft. Doubt I could fit it in any luggage. I may just wrap it up really good and see if they'll take it as a special item....like people go with golf clubs and stuff so why not? Right?

Yeah, it's called "Over sized Luggage"

I would wrap that thing up REALLY GOOD. I had a Jimbaro(aka dij-a-ry-do) sent from the farm stay(People to People Student Ambassador Program) in a cardboard tube. To bad your not where I am. I have something that would work. But yes. Wrap it up otherwise they might not take it and I don't want it to get ruined. =3

CrackRoxas
06-25-2008, 03:07 PM

Yeah I know. I might not go to Disney World until I get my tickets. >.< I don't want to miss it!

Icurnezko
06-27-2008, 03:18 PM

I was just going to send it to the hotel, and call them in advance to let them know it's coming. It's risky, but at least if it DID get messed up or lost during transport I would be insured to where, (GOD FORBID) I would be able to pay for the materials to make my costume again. Granted I would be incredibly pissed, but yeah, it seems like a better option to me.

Icurnezko
06-28-2008, 07:09 PM
So I'm guessing by now everyone's heard about Diablo III...I hope they have a demo at this years BlizzCon. <3 That would be AWESOME!

Icurnezko
07-08-2008, 01:17 PM

/agreed. I'm getting SO anxious!

PatrickD
07-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I want to book flights, but would rather do that AFTER I have tickets. I wish they'd go on sale since airline rates are only going up.

...and I think I'll have to ship my costume ahead of me. It's kinda too large to bring to the airport. :)

Wingedwarrior
07-10-2008, 03:34 AM
OoOoohh! Yay for BlizzCon thread!
And Icurnezko I saw you when researching armor techniques for my costume. I thought you we're amazing!!! Way to go lady! :D

Anyways Im also going with a huge group of people from Utah, so its going to be a huge road trip hehe. But I think Im the only one Cosplaying as well. Im going as the Amazon from Diablo 2. Been wanting to do this forever. Since I missed the last BlizzCon last year, I thought Oh- I'll just buy my tickets on Monday when I get the cash...nope. ><

But I hope to see you guys there!! And I hope no one else goes as the Amazon hehe *begs* ^^;;
<3 <3 <3

-Yay for Nathrezim! XD

PatrickD
07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Im going as the Amazon from Diablo 2.

The Amazon? Hey! I buy books and DVDs from you! ;)

Wingedwarrior
07-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Oh yeah? Glad to have the support, keep on buying books. But don't forget the wide selction of CD's! :P

CrackRoxas
07-20-2008, 10:57 AM
GAAAHHHH I WANT MY TICKET!!!! -wines-

Well I'm going to start working on my dryad cosplay again. I stoped for a bit because of Vacation and a cosplay meetup. Dx (i wish it would make itself.)

=P

PatrickD
07-20-2008, 12:48 PM
You're doing a dryad? Awesome! My friend is doing one as well and I'm attempting a Keeper of the Grove.

Icurnezko
07-22-2008, 10:57 PM
OoOoohh! Yay for BlizzCon thread!
And Icurnezko I saw you when researching armor techniques for my costume. I thought you we're amazing!!! Way to go lady! :D

Thanks!!!

Well the way I worked it is, I bought my plane tickets already, but I'm stopping in Vegas first just so I have something to fall back on in case tickets get sold out. ^_^
I guess if worse came to worse, I could always just wear my cosplay around Disney Land. lol

PatrickD
07-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Well the way I worked it is, I bought my plane tickets already, but I'm stopping in Vegas first just so I have something to fall back on in case tickets get sold out. ^_^
I guess if worse came to worse, I could always just wear my cosplay around Disney Land. lol

If a bunch of us don't get tickets, we'll just have to form some sort of "we got left out, but we're still going to cosplay" gathering. :)

CrackRoxas
07-26-2008, 07:12 AM
You're doing a dryad? Awesome! My friend is doing one as well and I'm attempting a Keeper of the Grove.

~le gasp~ Spiffy!

PatrickD
07-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I'm still not sure how to actually get it from Boston to Anaheim. I may have to ship it in advance. ...but it's being assembled with transportation in mind.

CrackRoxas
07-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I'm still not sure how to actually get it from Boston to Anaheim. I may have to ship it in advance. ...but it's being assembled with transportation in mind.

Some assembly required. XD

Dang! I only have to come from St. Louis. But still, my mom does NOT want to drive. I can see why. XD

~@_@~... lol

Icurnezko
07-27-2008, 12:58 AM

Yeah DC to Vegas isn't any easier. I'm going to be sweating bullets the whole way....

The Mer
07-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Luckily for me, I only have to go from Tucson, AZ to Anaheim, CA. We're going in a little caravanish thing there. Still haven't figured out how the armor is gonna be transported. Probably gonna have it's own seat in the car. Haven't started on the armor yet though. Gonna be doing the craft foam + styrene method.

Icurnezko
07-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Tickets are OFFICIALLY going on sale AUGUST 11th.
http://eu.blizzard.com/en/press/080729.html
Just in case you guys hadn't heard yet. :)

PatrickD
07-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like I won't be getting any sleep on the night of the 10th...not until the tickets are purchased. I wish they said what time. Midnight? 9am PDT? Noon? *shrug*

...and I just realized I'm on a plane until 12:30am EDT on the morning of the 11th. (Flying back to Boston from San Japan.) I'm going to be SO tired!

Icurnezko
08-03-2008, 11:06 PM
As posted in the Blizzard Cosplayers forum:
BlizzCon Goody Bag Sneak Preview (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2561763#post2561763)

Icurnezko
08-07-2008, 02:52 PM
4 more days...

BurnSizzleMelt
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
WOOOO!!! Totally staying up till midnight! haha

Sparkle Pipsi
08-08-2008, 06:27 PM
I've never been to Blizzcon before, but both me and my hubby are gonna try and make it this year! I hope we can coax some of our guildies to go too, because I want to make guild tabards for everyone to wear together xD!

I'm not used to going to conventions and not cosplaying, but this seems like the kind of con that would be fun just to experience and not have to worry about changing into costumes and such... so many cool events! (although the more I think about it, the more tempted I am to throw together some sort of casual BE costume... >:3).

I'll definitely be stalking the blizzcon site waiting for tickets to go up... so excited!

Icurnezko
08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Blizzard is killing me! They just finally locked the "I'm sorry we suck" thread. I've been up all night and all day waiting to buy tickets. My hands are shaky from lack of food and clicking refresh 100 billion times... /wrists

Wingedwarrior
08-12-2008, 08:25 AM
After all night of no sleep and 12 gruuuuuullllling hours of clicking refresh, I finally got my tickets. All of our group got them as well, so 11 people in all :)!!

I wish you the best of luck in getting tickets!! See you all there! <33

BurnSizzleMelt
08-12-2008, 11:17 AM
my bf is soooo pissed off about the ticket ordeal I don't think he even wants to go.....
but I want too >.< ....
Still no tickets for us....

Icurnezko
08-12-2008, 07:29 PM
This is going to be a very long rant. Just so ya know...

No tickets for me either. I was online at 12:00AM EST on the 11th all the way through to very very late last night and woke up very early this morning...the whole time refreshing every 4 or 5 seconds and dealing with typing in all my information over and over again and having to get disappointed every time they were in my shopping cart and got deleted.

I am overall pretty pissed off. But, I honestly think that if people want to complain, what everyone should be complaining about is the fact that everyone I have spoken with keeps regurgitating the same line about how all tickets are being sold and were sold on a "first come first serve basis". In truth, it doesn't matter how long you sat at your computer. Someone who just happened to get lucky at exactly the right time when trying to purchase tickets for the first time will get them before you. It's been a game of BlizzCon roulette for 2 days straight, and frankly, I'm tired of playing.

Also if people want something else to complain about, I think the business practices of not selling them to everyone as an equal opportunity qualifies. If tickets were going to be sold over the phone at all, there should have been some communication to the people wasting their time online that what they originally said was false. Instead, they told the people that were patient and nice over the phone that tickets were NOT able to be sold over the phone no matter what, and then turning around and selling them to some other people just because they didn't want to deal with them. This was not fair at all. And this was directly Blizzards fault.

Blizzard could have solved this whole issue if after the 11th when they were initially having problems, they took down the site all together and changed the dates tickets were going to be sold in order to give them adequate time to repair the issues and allow for the traffic volume they would experience.

This was handled very poorly, I agree, but unfortunately at this point, I don't think any amount of complaining is going to get anyone BlizzCon tickets that deserve them. I've given up on going this year... Somehow I'll try to take the thousands of dollars I spent already on supplies for my and my bf's costume, the flights, and hotel and just make something positive out of it. That's really the only thing we can do.

I was (obviously) a very big Blizzard fan. I can't say that I am anymore. They severely disappointed me and countless others. I think they should at least offer the people who wanted to enter the costume contest a special badge just so we have the opportunity to show the stuff we've been working on for so long, even if it's not a "real" ticket. *sigh*

CrackRoxas
08-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Gah, that sucks guys, but I can't go now anyway. Mom's sick with a bad cold. :/ And plus, I want to have lots of time to finish my Dryad cosplay, so I'm thinking of just going next year. =3

BurnSizzleMelt
08-12-2008, 09:49 PM
hate to break it to you, but doubt there will be a next year. With the graphics of WOW falling behind and warhammer coming out soon, I think wow has about met its life span end.

CrackRoxas
08-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Well that's poopy. >.<

derelict_
08-12-2008, 10:51 PM
This is going to be a very long rant. Just so ya know...

No tickets for me either. I was online at 12:00AM EST on the 11th all the way through to very very late last night and woke up very early this morning...the whole time refreshing every 4 or 5 seconds and dealing with typing in all my information over and over again and having to get disappointed every time they were in my shopping cart and got deleted.

I am overall pretty pissed off. But, I honestly think that if people want to complain, what everyone should be complaining about is the fact that everyone I have spoken with keeps regurgitating the same line about how all tickets are being sold and were sold on a "first come first serve basis". In truth, it doesn't matter how long you sat at your computer. Someone who just happened to get lucky at exactly the right time when trying to purchase tickets for the first time will get them before you. It's been a game of BlizzCon roulette for 2 days straight, and frankly, I'm tired of playing.

Also if people want something else to complain about, I think the business practices of not selling them to everyone as an equal opportunity qualifies. If tickets were going to be sold over the phone at all, there should have been some communication to the people wasting their time online that what they originally said was false. Instead, they told the people that were patient and nice over the phone that tickets were NOT able to be sold over the phone no matter what, and then turning around and selling them to some other people just because they didn't want to deal with them. This was not fair at all. And this was directly Blizzards fault.

Blizzard could have solved this whole issue if after the 11th when they were initially having problems, they took down the site all together and changed the dates tickets were going to be sold in order to give them adequate time to repair the issues and allow for the traffic volume they would experience.

This was handled very poorly, I agree, but unfortunately at this point, I don't think any amount of complaining is going to get anyone BlizzCon tickets that deserve them. I've given up on going this year... Somehow I'll try to take the thousands of dollars I spent already on supplies for my and my bf's costume, the flights, and hotel and just make something positive out of it. That's really the only thing we can do.

I was (obviously) a very big Blizzard fan. I can't say that I am anymore. They severely disappointed me and countless others. I think they should at least offer the people who wanted to enter the costume contest a special badge just so we have the opportunity to show the stuff we've been working on for so long, even if it's not a "real" ticket. *sigh*

I agree with everything you said. I was fortunate enough to get a ticket I still don't even know how in hell I did. I pretty much went through everything you did sitting and f5 ing every 5 seconds -__-. They handled this whole ordeal unprofessionally and quite stupidly.
I'm sorry you weren't able to get a ticket. Me and some friends will be there cosplaying WoW/other blizzard characters. You should just show up anyway because you never know what could happen. That goes for everyone who was unable to buy a ticket.

I'm still modifying/reconstructing/constructing my costume(s) for Blizzcon, lol.

Anyway, that whole mess was fucking hell and irritating. I wish all of you the best of luck with your cosplay and such.

hate to break it to you, but doubt there will be a next year. With the graphics of WOW falling behind and warhammer coming out soon, I think wow has about met its life span end.

You doubt there will be a next year for Blizzcon? Where are you even getting your information from, lol. I agree that the graphics of WoW are not up to par with some of the graphics in other MMOs and that's partially because WoW has their own style of art and they more than compensate for it in their gameplay and interfacing. It does get repetitive at times though after you have leveled up multiple level 70s and raid 5 6 or 7 days a week for many months at a time and it partially attributed to me leaving WoW. I'm glad I quit 5 months ago; it was probably one of the best things I've done for my life. But as far as WoW meeting the end of its lifespan, realistically I don't even think any MMO out there right now will miraculously spawn over 11 million subscribers. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Warhammer online and I don't really have any biased because of my fandom for WoW related or Blizzard games but honestly, I've yet to see a game that is capable of prying hardcore players (mostly people who do end game raiding) away from WoW. With Lich King coming up pretty soon (later this year) I doubt a great majority of WoW players will leave for Warhammer. Sunwell has been completed by SK since May 25th and this was the last big patch before WotLK and I believe Blizzard will be releasing WotLK later this year unless it is postponed because of the lack of new content.

BurnSizzleMelt
08-12-2008, 10:56 PM
It was supposed to be my bf and I's birthday celebration. For my 21st actually....Unfortunately even the second time around it was a no go. All the people talking about selling their extra tickets make me the most upset. I've been looking forward to this all year...And after two days of waiting and checking and many murlocs nothing.
I don't wanna wear my blood elf again and really...I don't even wanna play wow anymore. This upset me so much.
Obviously i'm not gonna fly to cali just to stand outside. I really feel bad for everyone who already had plane tickets and hotel.
But now I'm out of a vacation >.<

Icurnezko
08-13-2008, 02:38 AM
Well luckily I got one in the very last batch. I had basically given up, but my friends who had actually gotten tickets kept telling me I had to at least try. And by some form of dumb luck I got a ticket. I'm still very upset at Blizzard with the way they handled this whole situation and I do sincerely hope they do come up with at least some sort of temporary badge for anyone who brought a costume and wanted to enter the contest but couldn't get a ticket.

I've been on the forums all day and pretty much glued to my computer screen for 48hrs. This whole situation makes me upset for all those people who, like me, had non-refundable costs but actually weren't lucky enough to get through.

*sigh*

GG Blizzard. They should at least issue an apology. I know that's what a lot of people want.

derelict_
08-13-2008, 03:48 AM
Well luckily I got one in the very last batch. I had basically given up, but my friends who had actually gotten tickets kept telling me I had to at least try. And by some form of dumb luck I got a ticket. I'm still very upset at Blizzard with the way they handled this whole situation and I do sincerely hope they do come up with at least some sort of temporary badge for anyone who brought a costume and wanted to enter the contest but couldn't get a ticket.

I've been on the forums all day and pretty much glued to my computer screen for 48hrs. This whole situation makes me upset for all those people who, like me, had non-refundable costs but actually weren't lucky enough to get through.

*sigh*

GG Blizzard. They should at least issue an apology. I know that's what a lot of people want.
/agree
I don't think they will though.

BurnSizzleMelt
08-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Yeah I tried with the last batch, but couldn't even get it to load. When I finally said quantity 2 it was sold out
*sad*

Icurnezko
08-14-2008, 01:35 AM
They are doing the lottery for 3,000 more tickets if you didn't get one already. Make sure you check the website constantly to find out how to get in it. Hope this helps some of you. <3

The Mer
08-14-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm hoping for the lottery... if not, I will stand around and hope I get a ticket. Everyone in my group got one except for my girlfriend and me.

Either way, still going to Anaheim to hang with friends and do other stuff if no Blizzcon and still making my armor.

BurnSizzleMelt
08-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah... I'll try. I don't think my boyfriend even wants to go anymore...But I was really looking forward to it....

PatrickD
08-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Even ignoring the web site problems, the whole way they sell tickets is f'd up. Put some on the site and then release more in a lottery later? That makes no sense to me.

I completely agree about the phone sales. Reading about that while I was staring at Stumpy the Site Maintenance SCV was maddening.

I was online at 3am EDT (midnight PDT) after spending all afternoon travelling home to Boston after San Japan. (I got home at 2:45am...just in time.) That's when I learned they wouldn't go on sale until 8am PDT. ...so I signed up for a store account (thank god!) and went to bed. I was there when the tickets went on sale early (6:40am PDT?) and got to the "fill out your name/character/server" part before it died.

I kept trying all day. (Needless to say, my work productivity was about nil all day. Luckily, I had nobody looking over my shoulder and my cubicle buddy is on vacation all week.) I was frustrated and was glad they let us know when they finally gave up for the day so that I could go to bed.

...but then I just repeated the process the next day. Finally, when the site went up at 3:30pm EDT or so, I filled out the forms as fast as I could, refreshed a few times, and amazingly managed to get tickets.

I didn't want to book a flight before I had tickets, so I went and did that next. I ended up paying just $21 more than a friend who booked hers a couple months ago. (I still get to sit next to her too!) I also booked a room at the Hilton...since I liked staying there when I used to go to AX.

So, yeah... I'll be at Blizzcon.

Imalamuya
08-17-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm hoping to be there. The pressure's really on me now.

I'm the only Tauren so far this year. I got doubly screwed because Blizzard lost my account registration in the disaster. I have a lot of money tied up in my costume. Oh, and this is my first actual vacation in 12 years. Been planning since February. And I guess the excitement about my costume is contagious.

I think next year, I'll get some insiders at Blizzard, and just warstomp tickets out of them. There is no frakking way I'm doing another mad rush like this year was. :(

P.S. - Yes, this is Yetama.

Icurnezko
08-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I directed people from the BlizzCon forums here, so I might as well send it the other way as well. ♥

I made a thread listing some of the costumes that are going to be at BlizzCon this year. If you have a WoW account (and I know you do), please log on to the forums and post what you are going as. I really do appreciate it!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9023655674

P.S. If you don't want to go to the WoW forums for whatever reason, just post your character name and what you are going to cosplay in this thread and I'll move it over. ^_^

Anbu Neko
08-18-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm working on my Priest T6 cosplay at the moment... it's not looking great, but I think if I just put my best effort into it people will like it =)

PinkTofu
08-18-2008, 08:59 PM
/wave Raiding and reading forums at the same time is fun. Hope to see everyone at Blizzcon! :) I'll be there again this year, I too camped the computer (as if that is any different from any other day :P).

Icurnezko
08-19-2008, 02:42 AM
I'm working on my Priest T6 cosplay at the moment... it's not looking great, but I think if I just put my best effort into it people will like it =)

Awesome! You're Eletheria on the WoW forums right? Just want to make sure I already have you down. ^_^

/wave Raiding and reading forums at the same time is fun. Hope to see everyone at Blizzcon! :) I'll be there again this year, I too camped the computer (as if that is any different from any other day :P).

Awesome! Yeah I've seen you on the BlizzCon forums quite a bit. Glad you could join us! ♥

Maryssa
08-19-2008, 12:00 PM
I'll be there.

Icurnezko
08-19-2008, 02:53 PM
I'll be there.

Right now I have you put down as Maryssa - Undisclosed. If I can move you to a category, let me know. I know you have had a lot of WoW costumes before so I couldn't really guess which one you were going to be. ^_^

derelict_
08-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Canceled my account 5-6 months ago so I can't post there, lol. My main is named Aijisijia though.

Icurnezko
08-22-2008, 03:21 AM
Cool I put you up there. :)

derelict_
08-22-2008, 03:53 AM
I'm still undecided about my Blizzcon costume atm. So I don't even know if I'll be wearing either, lol. You can change it to undecided or undisclosed because I'm going to be secretive too :P.

Icurnezko
08-22-2008, 05:05 AM
Oh, sorry about that, I thought you posted earlier that you were wearing those. My bad!

And...FINE, lol, I'll put you Undisclosed as long as you let me know ONE detail. Just so I can put you in the relatively right place. ^_^

derelict_
08-22-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm definitely gonna come one of the days if not both as Deckard Cain for a period of time :P. But that's probably not what I'm going to be in the whole time XD.
Stay a while and listen!!! muahahaha

chrisstie
08-22-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm going to be there! I'm going to be a Troll Shaman. I did this once before for Megacon in Florida but at the time I didn't know how to sew so I threw somethign together. Now that I have had practice on a tusken raider costume, I'm going to be doing the shaman s2 armor (its like T6 but I like the red/black color better than black/blue)

Now I have to learn how to make big poofy blizzard artsy shoulders and tusks!

Edit: ALSO, its SO expensive to get there from Florida so I'm using couchsurfing.com - Free stay at a strangers house. Its a little creepy but I'm trying to be modern. There are also reviews of the persons house so you know you'll be staying with someone that is legitimate. Really is a lifesaver since the hotels were booked up before the blizz tickets went on sale. Hope this helps some of you out there trying to figure out how to travel!

PatrickD
08-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Really is a lifesaver since the hotels were booked up before the blizz tickets went on sale.

I booked the Hilton right after I got tickets. They seemed to have plenty of rooms available. I've stayed there for AX before and it's right next door. I prefer that hotel over the others in the area even if it's a little more expensive.

Atheana
08-22-2008, 10:53 AM
I'll be there in a belf cinematic outfit, cliche, I know, but I didn't have time to make the s3 set with all the detail I wanted, so next year :)

Icurnezko
08-22-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm definitely gonna come one of the days if not both as Deckard Cain for a period of time :P. But that's probably not what I'm going to be in the whole time XD.
Stay a while and listen!!! muahahaha

Alright, well I put you down as an Undisclosed Diablo Character. :)

I'm going to be there! I'm going to be a Troll Shaman. I did this once before for Megacon in Florida but at the time I didn't know how to sew so I threw somethign together. Now that I have had practice on a tusken raider costume, I'm going to be doing the shaman s2 armor (its like T6 but I like the red/black color better than black/blue)

Now I have to learn how to make big poofy blizzard artsy shoulders and tusks!

I don't know what your WoW name is so I wrote you down as Chrisstie. I'm also assuming you meant S3, but then again you could have meant T5, either way, lemme know. Right now I have you down as S2 since that's what you originally wrote, but I can change it anytime. ^_^

I'll be there in a belf cinematic outfit, cliche, I know, but I didn't have time to make the s3 set with all the detail I wanted, so next year :)

Also, put you in the list. ♥ Put you in as Atheana, but if you want to be under a different name, let me know.

derelict_
08-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Alright, well I put you down as an Undisclosed Diablo Character. :)

Works for me ;0

Atheana
08-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Also, put you in the list. ♥ Put you in as Atheana, but if you want to be under a different name, let me know.

Sounds good hun :)
Thanks so much <33

Imalamuya
08-23-2008, 09:55 PM
This Tauren is now confirmed as attending!
Moo!

lostchildmiroku
08-25-2008, 09:37 AM
too bad i can come to this one. v.v. and my blood elf costume is finished /cry /cry hope you guys have fun

chrisstie
08-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Man I really am sloppy when I type sorry for the confusion. My char is Babycake on Thrall but my real name is Christie and my forum handle is Chrisstie. Have I confused you more yet?! :) I think I mean s3 which is red and black similar to t6. Sorry about that haha. Here's a link to what I'm aiming for (though it might be enhance dual wield instead of shield depending on time)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3097/2796925355_f866f82e83.jpg

Here's my past enh troll shaman (I'm next to an awesome local druid!)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2089/2335376880_88a805e8ce.jpg

Icurnezko
08-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Man I really am sloppy when I type sorry for the confusion. My char is Babycake on Thrall but my real name is Christie and my forum handle is Chrisstie. Have I confused you more yet?! :) I think I mean s3 which is red and black similar to t6. Sorry about that haha. Here's a link to what I'm aiming for (though it might be enhance dual wield instead of shield depending on time)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3097/2796925355_f866f82e83.jpg

Here's my past enh troll shaman (I'm next to an awesome local druid!)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2089/2335376880_88a805e8ce.jpg

Updated! And it wasn't confusing at all! I knew what you meant. ♥

Imalamuya
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Bump for us; also, if any of you won the opt-in and have a spare, I desperately need one for my handler. I can't go in costume without my handler. Send me a PM if you or anyone you know can help.

Icurnezko
08-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Unfortunately I didn't get lucky either so I can't help you. :(

Icurnezko
08-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Also, on a total side note...I've been trying to add BlizzCon to the calender for a while now...so sorry guys for having it not up. I've done everything in my power, but I keep getting ignored.

06-05-2008, 04:01 PM "BlizzCon 2008" Thread
I wish we would get added to the calendar! :bigcry:

08-13-2008, 03:28 AM "Members can now add Events/Conventions to the calendar" Thread
Same here.
I've tried to add BlizzCon over and over again, but it's never showed up. Please add.

BlizzCon
October 10-11
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim Convention Center

08-25-2008, 11:06 AM "Bugs Thread"

Posting this from the other help thread in the hopes that someone will read it.
The "Add Events" is broken. I know a lot of people other than me have been having problems with it, but it still hasn't been fixed yet. I've tried to add BlizzCon over and over again, but it's never showed up. Please add.

BlizzCon
October 10-11
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim Convention Center
http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon

Thank you!

Today, 01:27 AM "Bugs Thread"

Please fix this, or at least acknowledge it...or better yet, just add it. I've been trying to get this added for almost three months now...

*sigh*
I've tried to add it over and over again, hoping that they've miraculously fixed it each day, but to no avail. Hmmm, maybe Blizzard and Cosplay share the same tech support. lol

PatrickD
08-28-2008, 09:29 PM
HA HA! I've tried to add it (and other cons) too...

Nerosurge
08-29-2008, 03:56 AM
I wanted to go so bad this year, but once again Blizzard saw my hopes and crushed it down. No thanks to the purchasing defect that occurred a few weeks ago, one click away from my purchase and the site crashes. I opted in for the ticket lottery >P and I didn't win. /sadface. So now I'm sad panda, sad like when a rogue takes Thor'Dal away from a hunter or when no conqueror tokens drop off of Illidan (4 weeks now >.<*). Anyway I was to cosplay as a blood elf shadow priest complete with full Tier 6 8/8 Piece and Zhar'doom, Greatstaff of the Devourer.

Imalamuya
09-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I just have the ticket for my handler, so I'm absolutely confirmed now. Hooray!
Now I just have to crush several MONTHS of costume construction, into less than a month.
/cry

Eva Xgouki
09-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Ah, so there IS a BlizzCon thread :crylaugh:. I'm currently (and by currently I mean right now) working on getting a Priest T5 Avatar costume together. Got the bulk of the materials and a general sharpie mock-up (man that was a LOT of sharpie @_@). Course I wanted to cry after staring at the 3D model viewer for over a half hour analyzing the robe and finding it to be a LOT more complex than I thought. If I find time I'll make a mace/off-hand to go with it, but I'll need to get this done first >_>. I'll probably be going as human since I'm a little reluctant on using body paint to be a Night Elf...

rofltrain
09-05-2008, 02:52 PM
wtb east coast blizzcon :<

Icurnezko
09-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, that would be nice...but I'm just sucking it up and going over there. They have much better weather and scenery imo. I love their trees!!! I'd rather have dry October heat than the humidity in D.C. anyday. lol

Eva Xgouki
09-06-2008, 05:10 AM
If you want nice scenery they should hold it at the Convention Center in Hawaii on Oahu. It's literally across the street from the park and the beach :bigtu:.

Man I miss home... :bigcry:

Toshi_Riku
09-08-2008, 01:50 AM
ugh they sold out ><

Icurnezko
09-28-2008, 01:13 AM
12 more days.

PatrickD
09-29-2008, 05:26 PM
I had to put my original costume on hold since I would not finish in time. (It is VERY complicated...and would be a bitch to transport too.)

Now I'm working on one of the night elf hippogryph masters. Hopefully I'll be able to have this done in time.

If not, I still have a backup plan, but it's far less cool.

The Mer
10-01-2008, 04:36 AM
Can't wait... Been working on the gauntlets all day. Almost done with the first part of em.

OneWingedSeraph
10-01-2008, 10:16 AM
This sounds like fun, but it's all the way in CA! *Le sigh...*

Kokuu
10-07-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm going! Almost done with costume! Can't wait to see everyone there!

Think we could possibly arrange a cosplay.com gathering sometime over the weekend?

derelict_
10-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Haha, I waited til about 2 days ago to start all the construction of my costume(s). Procrastination ftw. I'm so stressed out it's ridiculous, but the adrenaline rush is worth it all.. LOL.

fightstar
10-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Haha, I waited til about 2 days ago to start all the construction of my costume(s). Procrastination ftw. I'm so stressed out it's ridiculous, but the adrenaline rush is worth it all.. LOL.

So how is that Adrenaline......excuse me....costume coming along. :crylaugh: Yeah I know it's mostly just jealousy of you and everyone else who is going to Blizz Con, but I'll put down the Haterade to wish you all a fun and safe trip. ;) Now get back to work on those costumes people!!

derelict_
10-12-2008, 02:48 AM
Just got back from Blizzcon. It sucks though, I checked on the website for costumes and they didn't even have pictures for everyone. It seems as if they chose random people and put random pictures up for the most part.

AnimeGamer
10-13-2008, 02:35 AM
Woh, didn't know there was a thread for this year, lol.

I actually try to, you know, enjoy the con then spend gobs of hours spotting cosplayers and getting pictures.

Yet, I ended up soloing (I usually solo SDCC, but not BlizzCon) BlizzCon because of the whole OOPS Murloc episode.

Anyway, I'm tired of reading the BlizzCon forums and seeing all the "Turtle Mount" QQ. Been on the board today to push for a Masquerade style contest for next year.

Oh yea, my pictures - my sig has the link for this year now.

Hi to all who I took pictures of - I was the Filipino dude with the Bucket hat, making people pose with the pally in a bubble. (And someone during the 4pm friday gathering recognized me as "the guy that is at SDCC every year." :lost:)

EDIT - I think I'll bring my pally bubble next year, and possibly even during SDCC. LOL.

fightstar
10-13-2008, 10:06 AM
AnimeGamer - Many thanks for taking and posting these photos. Means a lot for folks like me on the east coast, or any where else for that matter, who couldn't make it. Wonderful shots you got here. Some are a little rough, but that is because of the low light level that exists at all cons you go to.

You got some of my friend Icurnezko (http://www.cosplay.com/member/99847) here who has been working on that helmet of hers all the way up to the day of the con almost. Great shots to!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v374/AnimeGamer/BlizzCon%202008/?action=view&current=BlizzCon2008101.jpg

I see the ladies love your Pally more than the others out there. I wonder where they all went to get there armor since it looks like it was done by the same artist. Interesting.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v374/AnimeGamer/BlizzCon%202008/?action=view&current=BlizzCon2008125.jpg

AnimeGamer
10-13-2008, 11:38 AM
I see the ladies love your Pally more than the others out there. I wonder where they all went to get there armor since it looks like it was done by the same artist. Interesting.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v374/AnimeGamer/BlizzCon%202008/?action=view&current=BlizzCon2008125.jpg

They told me they were hired by Blizzard to roam around as Blood Elves. They did this last year too, having models walking around dressed up as elves. This year, they added 2 blood elves and I think a group of Night Elves now.

BTW - this was taken immediately after they were taped for G4 (they didn't know what G4 was, lol.)

fightstar
10-14-2008, 08:01 AM
They told me they were hired by Blizzard to roam around as Blood Elves. They did this last year too, having models walking around dressed up as elves. This year, they added 2 blood elves and I think a group of Night Elves now.

BTW - this was taken immediately after they were taped for G4 (they didn't know what G4 was, lol.)

Proof positive that they where hired for their looks and ability to show up on time. I'm sure some of the Nerd Herd peeps out there love the eye candy. However, what about the ladies? Where is their eye candy?

Tonksie
10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
We didn't get any hired eye candy.

I think I'll petition Blizz to get some muscle-y guys walking around with their shirts off next year.

Knowing Blizz they'll make em orcs or something though >.<

fightstar
10-15-2008, 12:24 PM
We didn't get any hired eye candy.

I think I'll petition Blizz to get some muscle-y guys walking around with their shirts off next year.

Knowing Blizz they'll make em orcs or something though >.<

LOL Hey whatever works! Seriously, I got into this conversation about this with a few ladies while dressed as a Spartan at Dragon Con 2K8. Blizzard has more than likely checked their demographics and chances are there are more males than females. Still don't let that stop you from expressing your concern.

PatrickD
12-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Sorry for the necropost, but I've been away from the forums for a while...

I wish my costume was completed in time. Sadly, it was far too complicated and I didn't have enough free time. Maybe next year. Still wanting to do something, I put on long ears, a green wig, painted my face and ears blue, and wore my old ren faire outfit. Lame, but at least it was something. A few people asked for pics (apparently not seeing any other male blood elves), so that was nice.

I did use my free time to help my friend (mostly) complete her costume. Sadly, she didn't want to go on stage with it. She was the dryad.