PDA

View Full Version : Shoes to big, what to do?

kawaiilove
05-30-2008, 07:57 AM
I have boots for my Yoko costume but they are too big, and I really don't want to go threw the pain I went threw at Anime North for Fanexpo.

So are there an suggests what I could do to my boots to make them fit? They are size 8 and I am size 7 ><;;;

Rock-e
05-30-2008, 09:24 AM
I only did this once because I couldn't find my dress shoes for an interview...but stuff it with a sock :) I just push it in the front of the shoe so the shoe at least looks like it fit properly :D Of course, I only did this for an hour, 1.5 hours max. A whole con like this...I can't say :(

[Also, your costume was nuts. I wanted to get a pic at this years AN but I got stopped and then by the time I could move you were gone ;_; I only watched a couple eps of T.T Gurren Legann (exams FTL) but it's good stuff :)]

9to5atthemorgue
05-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Depending on how much bigger the shoe is, sometimes a good insole can be good enough. Buy a Dr.Scholls insole. They are intened to be a better cushion, but they also keep your foot from sliding around in the shoe, which is usually what causes the pain as your toes bash the inside of the shoe.
Also, they have cushions that stick to the back of the shoe where the heel is, that makes the shoe a little smaller lenghth-wise.

kawaiilove
05-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Rock-e = That is a good idea, I used Kleenex and that was a baddddd Idea lol. But I will try that to see how it feels.

(Aw well I am going to Fanexpo and we have almost all the ppl from Gurren Lagann cosplayers.)

9to5atthemorgue = That does seem like a good idea as well. Well my shoes are one side bigger. But def try that!

bubblefairy03
06-15-2008, 12:04 PM
I have the same problem with my ruby red slippers for my Dorothy costume. DX
I don't really want to stuff the front, cause I did that once for a school musical costume, and I was in A LOT of pain! (though I did you paper towels instead of a sock: I'll make sure I try that)
Does anyone have any suggestions for shoes that are too wide? I tried an insert that sticks on the bottom where your heel sits, but that didn't work well.
I'm starting to think I should just duct tape my feet to the inside. . .

JonathonWolf
06-15-2008, 12:09 PM
You might also try wearing a number of thick socks or wearing a pair of water shoes. It might make it a bit tougher to walk, but it would make your foot fit more snuggly all around.

bubblefairy03
06-15-2008, 12:13 PM
That's a good idea. I always try to wear thick socks with my shoes, but I never considered wearing two pair. I hope it wouldn't look too lumpy, I'll have to check it out.

LordDraco3
06-15-2008, 03:14 PM
The insoles should be tons of help. I have giant boots that run large (size 8 but they feel like 8.5 or 9) and a simple insole from wal-mart made them fit decently enough and made them the most comfy things to wear on my feet =D
I've gone to Scarborough faire, A-Kon, and other places where I walk around all day, and they work wonders (I don't know how I ever survived wearing too-small combat boots to such places!)

chris-chan
06-15-2008, 04:06 PM
i have the same problem with my boots for zexion. i accidently bought them too big, and had to wear them like that at jacon. i stuffed them with socks, and i can painfully say, dont do it. its good for like an hour or so, but i went about six hours before i just changed out of my costume cause i couldnt stand the pain, mind you, for about two hours before that i was walking around barefoot cause i couldnt stand it. not to mention that i had a lot of space above my foot because the boots were too big, so my foot moved around a lot so i had to bring the boot up high to walk. when i got back home, i remembered i had some polyfiber fill for stuffed animals left over, and tried stuffing a boot with that and walking around, it semed much more comfortable. granted, i didnt walk around fro hours like that, but i could tell a major diffrence. i didnt have to bring my foot up high to walk, i was able to comfortable stuff the front too, so there was no pain for the hour that i wore them around my house. oh, and after i got home from the con the next day, my toes hurt for almost a week. so seriously, dont do it.