PDA

View Full Version : Mu Epsilon Kappa Needs Game Show Suggestions!

ChibiBritt
06-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Hiya!

I'm with Mu Epsilon Kappa (Alpha Chapter), the anime club from the University of North Texas. Last year we hosted a few panels, one of which was Anime Jeopardy. We took feedback we received from last year and have planned to bring it back!

But now we need some input from you! We would like to know what other 'game shows' you would like to see at AnimeFest this year!

TrinityCowgirl
06-17-2008, 03:45 AM
Slightly easier questions for early categories might help; I remember last year, being one of the contestants, they were a bit difficult.

St3phY
06-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Kinda out of topic, but I think it's awesome there's an anime affiliated group :) I'm affiliated with another org myself ^^

ChibiBritt
06-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Slightly easier questions for early categories might help; I remember last year, being one of the contestants, they were a bit difficult.

We took a lot of the feedback we received to heart and have decided it would be best to split up the game. We will have three different jeopardy games: easy, a hard, and mix. This will not only allow more people to play, but make things better for fans who are on different levels of anime knowledge. We really learned a lot last year and we hope to make it fun for everyone.

Kinda out of topic, but I think it's awesome there's an anime affiliated group I'm affiliated with another org myself ^^

What group are you with? ^_^

pooker
06-22-2008, 03:44 AM
Hiya!

I'm with Mu Epsilon Kappa (Alpha Chapter), the anime club from the University of North Texas. Last year we hosted a few panels, one of which was Anime Jeopardy. We took feedback we received from last year and have planned to bring it back!

But now we need some input from you! We would like to know what other 'game shows' you would like to see at AnimeFest this year!

Can I ask how hard it was to get in and play? This sounds like something I would like to do this year, but are lines long to get in? I think like an anime pyramid would be fun, where you have one person trying to describe the anime without saying the word or parts of it. :)

ChibiBritt
06-22-2008, 03:14 PM
How it is set up is if you're interested in being in the game you have to come 'audition' at our table in Artist Alley. Basically you answer a few questions and if you get them right then you can be eligible to play in the game. When it's time for the game we will randomly select three contestants to play out of those who auditioned. We believe this is the most fair way to choose contestants.

As far as just going to see the game, we are usually put in one of the larger panel rooms so there is plenty of room to sit and watch.