PDA

View Full Version : Marth's armor (Fire Emblem)

Spiked Fox
06-04-2008, 09:36 PM
I am working on a Marth cosplay and I can't figure out which material to use to make his armor. I want it to look as real as possible, and I am planning on using car paint (or something similar) to paint it at the end. I'm trying to find a easy-to-manipulate material (pretty much like clay, however clay would break down way too easily) if that's possible. Don't worry about suggesting something that will be heavy, it really doesn't bother me at all... in fact having a heavy armor would help alot in holding the cape in place, plus I'm making the tunic out of thick resistant fabric so the armor won't pierce through it from too much rubbing.

I know the popular foam-and-plastic-sheets method, but it will be too light and look too... artificial?

I also don't mind having something expensive to work with (fimo abuse? xD), I thought of fiberglass, but I'm not experimented enough yet and I don't have the right tools to work with such a hard and lethal material.
If there's no other option, I'll make the armor out of a metal sheet, but still I need advice on what tool to use to cut, modle, and emboss it.
A friend also suggested modeling pieces of thick leather, but I'm scared that it would cost ridiculously way too much (he's used to make real battle-ready medieval armors...), what do you think?

Thanks for your time.

akuriko
06-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Fire Emblem Thread, go there.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=70692