PDA

View Full Version : Are Chii costumes done too much?

Kortnie Li
06-26-2003, 12:45 PM
There was an Inuyasha thread like this sometime earlier, and I felt it appropriate to make a thread on Chii's costumes. There are so many Chii cosplayers, and it just seems like there are overly too many!!! >.> (I will be one of them lol) But I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way...
:thumbsup:

K_Valentine
06-26-2003, 01:00 PM
Some things I've figured:
You can never have too much film.
You can never have too much caffeine.
You can never have too much of a certain series being cosplayed.

I don't remember there being a limit to the # of cosplayers allowed of a certain series or character. And if there is, I'd probably burn the memo and feign ignorance.

If you like the character and can cosplay it, go ahead. There's no cosplay control around who are going to try to limit the population of certain series.

I wanted to do a Chobits costume but I figured I'd make a terrible Chii (I lack the childish personality she has). Solution: BYOP (Be your own persecom).

Kortnie Li
06-26-2003, 01:04 PM
heh, I guess you're right. ^.^;

felicity869
06-26-2003, 01:16 PM
I think you should go as whoever you want and it shouldnt matter how many other people are cosplaying the same character as you. if it bothers you that there are going to be a million people dressed just like you K_Valentine's idea was a good one or just chose an outfit that hasn't already been done a bunch/probably wont be done at the con your going to.

Jehuty
06-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Yeah she is......just a bit, like *cough yuna, lulu, vash, inuyaha but hey don't let it discourage you from making one, the thing with Chii is that she has many outfits like mentioned above, her white one and dark one seem to be the most popular so maybe you could do her bakery outfit or schoolgirl outfit and any other numberous clothing combinations she's worn so as to diffrientiate yourself from some of the other chii cosplayers.

AmazonPrincess
06-26-2003, 02:09 PM
hell, I've seen some girlsjust basically pop on a pair of ears and some dress that looks like it could be a Chii dress, but I haven't seen it anywhere in the anime or manga... and call themselves Chii.
True, there's a lot of girls cosplaying Chii, but not too many doing it really well. That's where you could stand out.

Himemiya
06-26-2003, 02:47 PM
There are so many costumes she has. At least its not everyone cosplaying one Chii dress ^^

Fake_Harley
06-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Yes, Chii is way over done. But, if you really love a character, that shouldn't bother you at all.

Juliechan27
06-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Yes.

lol no seriously, Chii/Freya have a lot of different outfits so there are plenty for people to cosplay. and it's more diverse than say, the one costume that inuyasha wears all the time (not that Inu Yasha doesn't deserve to be cosplayed!). and if you really like a character, then you should cosplay it no matter how popular it is or how often it is cosplayed.

vyrax778
06-26-2003, 09:57 PM
yes but think of how much proccesing power a beowolf cluster of Chii's would have!

Haruka
06-26-2003, 10:25 PM
Yeah, we definitly see ALOT of chiis out there, but shes just so cute! And she has all of those wonderful costumes. You could even make up your own design, and still look like chii.

I dont really have a problem with people "over cosplaying" a character, but i would rather see some variety.

rainbowflavored
06-26-2003, 10:29 PM
blah! so what if it's overdone? if you like the character and are willing to make a nice costume, go for it!

EvilMoogleQueen
06-26-2003, 10:59 PM
yeah they are sort of overdone but I don't mind. I would rather look at different versions of chi, who wears the most gorgeous oufits, than the same inuyasha cosplay 100 times over.

heh I might just get a pair of persocom ears so I can wear them to school on hat day. that would be interesting...

aeva
06-27-2003, 02:20 PM
I think that because of the variety of outfits in Chiii's wardrobe, she really can't be overdone. it's kind of like Card Captor Sakura... she has so many cute little battle outfits, so you can't really say that the specific character is overdone. yeah, there's a lot of Chii cosplayers, but there are just so many possibilities for her. :3

Gren
06-27-2003, 02:28 PM
I am all for people cosplaying who they love, regardless of their bodies, popular trends, or that "Eek! Eek! I won't be the only so-and so there! (Oooo. I hate people like that. Who actually have the gall to post "No one else do a blah blah!") and I don't want to discourage people from the costome. But mon dieu. While I was at Akon it was just like.... Chii.... so much Chii....

Jehuty
06-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by AmazonPrincess
hell, I've seen some girlsjust basically pop on a pair of ears and some dress that looks like it could be a Chii dress, but I haven't seen it anywhere in the anime or manga... and call themselves Chii.
True, there's a lot of girls cosplaying Chii, but not too many doing it really well. That's where you could stand out.

I don't know about that I mean look at Haruka's chii :D

Chosuke
06-27-2003, 03:01 PM
I think threads that have 'Is Chii done too much in?' in them have been overdone as much as the Chii's themselves.
Its like the Yuna threads alll overrr again

Scortia
06-27-2003, 03:41 PM
You and any other cosplayer are free to do what they want... but, even though Chii costumes are often pretty, I've seen so many by this point that I don't even bat an eye at them anymore. It's just... too much. It's almost a shame that some shows just become overly popular because cons get overrun with so many of the same character instead of a more diverse group. But then, I tend to do obscure people purposely.

vyrax778
06-27-2003, 05:27 PM
simple solution go as Hideki :-D

hey theres so many Chii's but hardly any Hidekis's

:-D

meww
06-27-2003, 06:11 PM
Hm.... That's kinda sad that no one's willing to look at Chii costumes anymore.

I really dread that... because I shall be going to my first convention this year at Anime Expo (next week, in fact). I really do hope that Chii costumes aren't simply *passed by.*

There's like 20-30 outfits, honestly. I'm sure that everyone's not doing the same one. Maybe I shouldn't wear my ears... LOL.

K_Valentine
06-27-2003, 06:25 PM
There's always the Chobits and CLAMP gathering at AX.

Hmm, for this one pic my friend and I planned, we'll need a dark and light Chii to match/contrast our dark and light X costumes (see sig). Hopefully there will be at least those 2 Chii's around.

klaha
06-27-2003, 06:39 PM
I agree, if you like chii you should not care if it's too cosplayed or not... but sometimes you wanna cosplay something original i guess.
bah just have fun

Sarial
06-27-2003, 06:47 PM
I must say that im happy to see NO pokemons at Fanime.....Lets see what happens at AX
but nothing can be done to much....accept pokemon

caelestis
06-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Gren
... While I was at Akon it was just like.... Chii.... so much Chii....

Yeah, a group of friends of mine went as "Chii Squad 03" (there were about 20 of them)..

As for Chii being overdone-- I'd have to say the dark/light ones were a bit done.. but still if you really like the character, go for it. I know the FFX-2 characters are starting to be overdone, but I'm being creative with it.. going as an outfit I haven't seen anyone do yet rather than the default outfits. ^_^

piroko
06-27-2003, 08:49 PM
I personally think I've seen a ton of Chii cosplay. It seems to be one of the popular costumes at cons. But with the variety that Chii's costumes has to offer, it's not like you are seeing the same exact dress everytime. Sure, I might think to myself "..another Chii" but I don't think it's bad. It's not as overdone as FF costumes *cough*Rinoa*cough*. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against it, but I just have to say that I notice repetition of costumes sometimes.
I don't mind that much though, I have respect for cosplayers (even though it might be overdone), because we actually have guts to go out in costume and have fun~ ^__^
I say though, you should cosplay as someone you want to do (and don't be intimidated if your favorite or chosen character is overdone).

KnuxieChan
06-27-2003, 09:31 PM
There are too many Chi cosplayers that wear reveling skimpy clothes. If you wear a dress, that'd be fine ^_^

meww
06-27-2003, 09:43 PM
*nods* Yes, I'm not doing the dark-light Chii combo that appear on the colour insert pages in Volume 3 of the manga.

I'm actually doinga lolita styled light Chii dress that Chii wears in volume 2 when she gets kidnapped -- only in the manga, kiddies!

And skimpy? I'm afraid not. It's going to be so hot wearing my long sleeved clothing.... hopefully without the petticoat. I'm hoping that I'll be one of the few Chii's in AX wearing that outfit, rather than EVERYONE and his brother.

Cait
06-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Chii overdone? That would be an emphatic yes!

Angel Kat III
06-28-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by meww
*nods* Yes, I'm not doing the dark-light Chii combo that appear on the colour insert pages in Volume 3 of the manga.

I'm actually doinga lolita styled light Chii dress that Chii wears in volume 2 when she gets kidnapped -- only in the manga, kiddies!

I'm planning on doing the white one (shush everyone) from that picture where she is laying down.... (let me see if I can find it) its my favorite picture of her. If I have time I plan to do dark chii... there is this one costume that people do really well on... but they never attach the skirt part correctly (in my mind at least) I'll try to find a picture...
~Angel kat III

Angel Kat III
06-28-2003, 04:44 AM
ok I found the picture.... I guess I'm so upset about it because I'm so anal about detail (yes I have actually been described that way before....) *smacks her hands for being overly anal*

~Angel kat III

cutekawaii
06-28-2003, 01:04 PM
Yes.

All the billions of Chiis make me not want to cosplay Chii. I love a few of her artbook dresses, and I'd love to make them, but man, I don't want to be ANOTHER Chii >_>

Kortnie Li
06-28-2003, 01:45 PM
Yea, it really makes me not wanna go as a Chii anymore, sadly....

K_Valentine
06-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Be Sumomo. Be Dita. Put on some Chii ears and be your own Persecom if things get too Chii-sy.

For AX I'll be doing Cho-baru and Chi-shiro again (Persecom versions of Subaru and Seishiro from X). I'll also be doing Persecom versions of other costumes like Lupin and Sanosuke later. I just have to choose the colors to make the ears in.

rainbowflavored
06-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by K_Valentine
Be Sumomo. Be Dita. Put on some Chii ears and be your own Persecom if things get too Chii-sy.

For AX I'll be doing Cho-baru and Chi-shiro again (Persecom versions of Subaru and Seishiro from X). I'll also be doing Persecom versions of other costumes like Lupin and Sanosuke later. I just have to choose the colors to make the ears in.

*imagines subaru & seishirou in persocom form* ah! when you finish that, pleaaaaaaaase post pictures! that would be adorable!

that's a pretty neat idea.

K_Valentine
06-28-2003, 08:00 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=4975&exhibition=27
Made my own Cho-baru ears and added some wire for accessing Chii and other Persecoms. My friend surprised me with her Chi-shiro quickly made costume.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=51855
Copying Light and Dark Chii

Cho-baru and other male shaped Persecoms were the first line of Persecoms released. They didn't sell very well (especially with PC-using males who wanted something prettier). And parental groups were complaining about the location of the turn-on switch.

The femme Chi-shiro sold pretty well, but was more concerned with sakura blossoms and destroying all Cho-baru Persecoms.

cutekawaii
06-28-2003, 11:34 PM
haha, that second pic is rad.

and i dont want to be dita or sumomo or anyone ;-; i like chii's dresses!! CHII!!! ._.

meww
06-29-2003, 01:11 AM
*nods* I agree. I like some of Chii's lesser-known manga dresses.

Ralenta
06-29-2003, 01:25 AM
Got to admit! Chii is cool, but what about other Perscoms?!?!
They lack much attention! that is why me and two friends are going to Otakon 2003 as Generic pescoms! with different poofy outfits and different ears etc.... i'll post pictures after the con! but yeah, if you are afraid to do a Chii (afraid of chrisscrewball and his chii army) then go as a generic perscom, go watch the show and get different ear ideas!! they are easy to make! if u want me to show u how just drop me a message!!

Long live the power of Chii!

Ralenta

Christine-chan
06-30-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Haruka
I dont really have a problem with people "over cosplaying" a character, but i would rather see some variety.

I completely agree with this statement. I mean, if you really love a character, and you enjoy cosplaying them, don't let something as trivial as "over cosplaying" sway your decision. As long as you have fun, I think that is what's important.
Sure, you see a lot of people cosplaying Chii or Dark Chii ( ..now this really pisses me off...I love the character, and CLAMP has so many amazing artworks for this manga/anime, but people don't even bother to try to make these outfits, rather, they throw on some skimpy dress, put on the ears, and call themselves Dark Chii...I mean, if you really can't, you can try to do a combination of some outfits, and alter it to be a bit easier or something.. ), but it doesn't mean that you should give up cosplaying them because of what others think. If you make something that can attract attention, and show that it's something original and different, than you can be sure that the appreciative people of cosplay will know the effort you put in, and enjoy the outfit. Plus, you'll know that you did a good job and be proud of that Chii outfit you almost didn't do..^_-

Sana-chan
06-30-2003, 03:20 AM
Beh so what if it's "over cosplayed"? That didn't stop me with Yuna nor with Chii... or with any of my costumes. People have the right to cosplay whatever it is they want to. Though what I did with my Chii costume was create an original design... in the Balboa Picnic pics it's not done yet, but now it is so there'll be pics soon. I think it's neat when people make their own designs, but follow similar methods of Chii's actual costumes ^_^. It adds variety.

meww
06-30-2003, 03:47 AM
Aaah... thank you, people.

I really was getting worried about wearing my Chii costume this Friday at Anime Expo. Hopefully there'll be *someone* out there who'll know that I didn't just slap on a lolita dress and some ears, but instead that the dress is actually an accurate outfit from a Clamp illustration.

I agree that there should be more variety.

How about some of these outfits:

- outfits Chii wears in the manga (there's a ton).
- lesser known anime outfits (although everyone does that bakery one...)
- outfits Chii wears on the pages that list chapter, but are not a part of the plot in the manga (those are cute, too... and some show only parts of the dress, so you can kinda be creative on some of it).
- Your Eyes Only artbook dresses (lots and lots of ELABORATE designs for those advanced sewers out there).

Moogle Hiromi
06-30-2003, 05:40 AM
Why don't you take the manga with you to show people? That'll shut them up!

I want to cosplay Chii... but I dunno... yes and there were many Chiis at the last con I was. I didn't want to cosplay Rei because one of my friends did. So I did a different outfit! XD

cutekawaii
06-30-2003, 12:01 PM
The Your Eyes Only dresses are the ones that I like....especially that Moulin Rouge looking one *_*

squeaky
06-30-2003, 01:54 PM
I think Chii is really cute, and the girls who cosplay as here are too. But I don't like it, when girls dress as dark chii and act like regular Chii. THAT DRIVES ME INSANE!

It's bad enough having one girl walk around all con along pointing and calling EVERYTHING: Hideki. But 2! NO! And 1 that is supposed to be able to say other things.......BAH!

Sorry I'm an actress, personality and portrayal are very important to me.

Sala
06-30-2003, 02:23 PM
Um...I guess what irritates me the most about Chii/Freya cosplayers is:

1.) they usually don't follow either anime or manga illustrations.
2.) they never call Freya by her name
3.) do they know how annoying it is to try and talk to one of them, only to have them go "chii chii chii" at you?! I mean, at Otakon last year a friend was trying to find me and asked some girl dresses as Chii if she had seen a Misaki cosplayer walking around, and this girl said "chii" and then giggled and walked away! WTF is that?! *sigh - shakes head*
I know some people try to get "in character", but please - take pity on the people who will run into MANY Chii's through out any given day of a con!

meww
06-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Moogle Hiromi
Why don't you take the manga with you to show people? That'll shut them up!

That's just what I shall do, then. Hehe.

Yea, it is annoying when people keep repeating, "Chii, chii, chiiiiiiiii," especially since we all know that Chii has a perfectly good vocabulary except for the now-and-then interruption of "chii."

I actually never thought about acting in personality for a character. I think it's kinda creepy to act like a Pikachu -- or the same way Chii cosplayers will repeat the character's name for speech. Heck, I'm talking normal. LOL.

Ralenta
06-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Yea, i agree, When people cosplay Chii they can go a bit over board with the "chii??? HEDEKI! chii!!" thing, if they are doing a photo shoot or doing the Masquarade then i can understand, but when they do it non stop *grrrrrrrrrrrrr* it begins to drive people up the wall, and yes, dark chii has a name! and its not Dark Chii!!!
people say "I'm Dark Chii!" and they arnt!!! they are Freya and they often forget that, we should give Freyas like that name tags so they can remember *and technically Chii has a name too (Eruda) but Chii is what she goes by the entire series so calling her chii is ok in my book)
and Freyas have a very extended vocabualy, unlike Chii, they can speek normaly (like squeaky mentioned) they dont run around saying "CHII!!!!"
yeah, that my thoughts, Chii and freya are cool to cosplay, but people should read up a little before they go screw the charactor over

K_Valentine
06-30-2003, 08:16 PM
Oh.... but what if it's regular Chii dressed in dark Chii's outfit? And it was before she learned to speak? Would that be ok?

lunasreincarnat
06-30-2003, 10:15 PM
yes there are too many chii costumes along with Inu yashi,sailor moon, and all the FFs... but... if the person can make the costume really good, do a version thats never been done before, or adds there own twists to it then i think its really cool ^.^

drake
06-30-2003, 11:12 PM
Go wherever you want, dressed as whoever you want, what's it matter that other people are doing it too?

Moogle Hiromi
07-01-2003, 09:44 AM
I made some Chii ears today. Furry ones.... heh I was bored!
I would probably go as Freya.... and hope for a non-cleavage outfit. Not too many options nyaaa? XD

Ralenta
07-02-2003, 08:18 PM
I just finished chii ears for a friend, she is making the costume from comic....uh...... i dunno, but its the one with the flower print on the bottom, only she is painting that on, but it still lookes really cool

meww
07-02-2003, 10:04 PM
Wow... it seems exciting to know that people are doing Chii's varieties. ^_^

I'd like to see someone dressed as the Persocon, Yumi.

No, not that Yumi.

I meant the one that got hit by a car in the series. She's adorable~!!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-04-2003, 01:56 AM
There are MANY variations of Chii.....if you're worried about her beign 'over done' do one that isn't! I say do which ever you want to do!!! Just don't expect to be the only one.....

IDrewFelix
07-04-2003, 02:21 AM
IF you want to be unique, just make a different variations.

As you all know, Vash the Stampede is over cosplayed. So I just did his black variation. Sure some people have a problem with it and told me, "I never seen a black variation", but at least I was different ^_^.

ignats69
07-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Well, I am actually cosplaying Chii. I think it's funny!
It will be like a "Chii Mofia".
Heheheh

boiya
07-15-2003, 07:26 PM
I love the series Chobits, but I do tend to see too many Chis at cons. Its not that its really a bad thing, but constantly seeing Chi everywhere does get a bit annoying. If the costume is really well done, I don't mind seeing it, but yeah. It'd be nice if the yelling Chi would stop though.

PockyDarcy
07-16-2003, 01:19 AM
WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY Too over done!! It's kinda funny too that's it's chii out of all characters. I could understand why so many people want to be say Lina Inverse, but I guess it's because everyone wants to jump on the Clamp band wagon. They can make a chii artbook image dress that no one really cares or has seen before and can get away with it. Behold the power of Chiis!! Start cosplaying a more variety of characters besides chobits. You all killed the series for me. >_<

Dark Vision
07-16-2003, 01:41 AM
There can never be enough of one thing. I have in fact made chobits costume....despite my reguards in not making one...(Jima btw), and i found it fun and light hearted. Infact I overwore it cuz it wasn't as much as a hassle as some my other costumes.

Plus everyone makes so many different versions and variants, it becomes quite entertaining.

meww
07-16-2003, 02:08 AM
I think the ears kill the cosplay experience.

I've cosplayed Chii once (at Anime Expo for two days) and I'll never cosplay as Chii agian. I don't want to wear those Chii ears a second time over. I can't hear~!!

If there's something that will make people stop cosplaying Chii, than it's those ears to wear for 18 hours over two days.

Kirschwasser
07-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Meww - I was Chii at AX too. ^_^ I only went as Chii for one day (on July the 4th) and I'm happy to say I chose an outfit (based off the postcard book, I think) that no other Chii cosplayer had. In fact, all the Chii's at AX did not have the same outfit. There was so much variety and all of the dresses were well made and very pretty. ^_^

Ayana
07-16-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm making a Chii costume to wear to school on Halloween...hee ^^

Serria
07-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Chii's so cool! :)

Ayana
07-17-2003, 06:15 PM
Well, I'm actually designing my own original Chii costume based off of actual existing Chii outfits. I told my friend and now we're probably going to do a 'Chii' theme for Halloween this year, so I need to design 4 more ^^

Nadeshiko
07-17-2003, 06:55 PM
But those outfits are so cute! ^_^ It's really nice seeing the variation on different outfits and the ears.

Hm...I would like to see some of the rarer outfits done. Dark and Lite have so many to choose from!

Chii desu
07-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Suprisingly... There weren't *too* many Chii's at AX(me was one of them XD) And there *really* isn't wrong with over-cosplaying... ^ All the reasons have already been listed ^^;;

Cosplaying experience with Chii at AX '03: Little toddler Purin(from TMM) wanted to take a picture with me T-T... Soooo cute... All I did in the pic was put my hand on her head, though ;-; I guess I was too overwhelmed at the moment to do another pose... Like glomp her or pick her up XP

Din the Dancer
07-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Yes I think Chi is a bit over done but don't let that stop you. It's not stoping me! ^_^;;; Even though I won't be Chi in a few years I still plan to do more than one of her costumes. 2 of which somebody else posted in this topic the 3rd is on the cover of the 3rd manga and I might want to do her in her Chobits suit if I can ever find a color picture. Along with that I might do one of the Persocoms that you see in a store window. And since I'm not doing the costumes for a while the population of Chi's will decline. As time passes the population of characters goes down.

FirearmofMutiny
07-19-2003, 07:17 PM
I haven't seen a lick of Chobits, but if there are so many Chiis, Chii must be a really cool character to inspire so many to cosplay as her! ^_^ Seriously, people should just cosplay as who they like to cosplay as and not worry about it being overdone. Everything's cool. ^_^

K_Valentine
07-20-2003, 01:35 PM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16692

The main type of "overdone" one should have concern for when cosplaying.

cyte00
07-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Aww, and just think about it. If there were to be an overflow of Chii's, you could all get together and take a group picture. <: )

Din the Dancer
07-21-2003, 12:11 PM
That's actually been done.

Shinkokami
07-21-2003, 02:20 PM
It can be done again, Din. It not like all the costumes would be the same - or the location either. There nothing wrong with doing more than one Chii group shot with different people in different places.

Originally posted by Kortnie Li
Yea, it really makes me not wanna go as a Chii anymore, sadly....

Aw, don't feel that way! I went to Nan Desu Kan the past two years and Animeathon two years ago as well. In accumulation I've seen (at most) 8-10 Chii costumes - and most of them weren't done very well either. Because of all the not so good costumes I really get to appreciating a well done ones. If you want to be Chii, go for it! I'm planning to cosplay as her at Nan Desu Kan this September and if there are other Chiis, so be it. I learn to be proud of my costume and my ability to stay true to the outfit as it's seen in the manga. And in all honesty, there really aren't that many Chiis out there. 3 years ago at Nan Desu Kan, 80% of the costumes were from Sailor Moon. Your never going to see that kind of Chii percentage. Or at least I hope not o.0;; But then again, if there's another costume that you want to do just as much as Chii and is possibly "more original" then go for that. That way, you'll be just as happy with your costume, and more people will respect your originality. Either way, you win ^.~

ignats69
07-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Chii! I am going as Chii too. My costume is a variation of the white dress with blue ribbon. It's going to be different from the picture, so I don't think anyone will have the exact same one. Plus, my boyfriend is going as Hideki!! I'm excited its going to be cute!!

sailorpsychosis
07-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Well, even though AX recently had an [over?]abundance of Chii cosplay (and Vash too, for that matter), the good news is that I could remember maybe two of those costumes being the same outfit. I'd assume Chii is cosplayed so much for that very reason -- that she has so many beautiful outfits that are all very different, and very desirable. Heck, if I didn't know I'd look disgusting in a blond wig, I'd make a Chii or two myself! ^^;
And like everyone else has been reiterating, you should just go in whatever costume will be fun for you and don't worry about how many other people will be walking around in the same character (and it's just more incentive to make a high-quality costume, so you can have a costume that outshines those other Chiis, as Shinkokami said ;)). Plus cyte00 is right too... I saw a ton of really lovely pics of Chii groups from AX! =D
Anyway, good luck in whatever you want to go as! ^_^

Oh, and Shinkokami, I'll keep an eye out for your Chii in September! ^_^

BaraironoSekaiX
07-24-2003, 11:17 PM
Hey!! Chi's are overdone too much cause Chi dresses are so cute *______* We cant resist dressing like her. ^__~

Kortnie Li
07-25-2003, 11:43 AM
*smiles* Okie dokie *feels better now* (is accually going as Freya, forgot to post that)

LadySubaru4u
07-25-2003, 07:04 PM
i think it is done a lot but its still shouldnt keep u from going as chii-- well i think its more like dark chii but hey even if it is done to much the wonderful thing about cosplay is when u make ur own no two are the same so its still good

DarkGunner
07-25-2003, 11:59 PM
As long as your happy with the costume and YOU like who you are cosplaying as then it shouldn't bother you whether or not it's "overcosplayed". Think of it this way, at least people will recognize you! XD

Firegirl
07-26-2003, 12:05 AM
One word. YES! I personally am tired of all these con galleries filling up with Chii's in different colors, it can get super aggravating. That, along with Asuka and Shinji. Yeesh. By all means, don't stop doing these people (I'm still doing Asuka) But find something to make it DIFFERENT from everyone else's costumes.

Ruby-Chan
07-26-2003, 12:05 AM
http://www.musotica.com/safagi.html
would this make a good chii outfit? i have a wallpaper where she is wearing an outfit basically exactly like this one, only its dark blue instead of light blue

DarkGunner
07-26-2003, 12:25 AM
I think you are referring to her bakery outfit? That dress looks very similar to it. That defiantly has Chii potential. It's up to you though. :P