PDA

View Full Version : YU-GI-OH! cosplay 2008?

Malindachan
06-06-2008, 08:48 PM
PHOTOSHOOT INFORMATION:

MASS YU-GI-OH! PHOTOSHOOT (this includes YGO, YGO GX, and YGO 5Ds)
Date: Sunday
Time: 2:00pm
Location: the designated photoshoot area (outside the main events room near the base of Reunion Tower)

YU-GI-OH! GX PHOTOSHOOT (for GX cosplayers only)
Date: Friday
Time: 6:00pm
Location: Designated photoshoot area (outside the main events room near the base of Reunion Tower)

so my friends and I want to bring our Yugioh cosplays to AFest!

I'm trying to finish up Haou Judai from GX this summer as my main cosplay, but I'll also be bringing season 4 Judai and Yusei (I might have to leave Yami at home this time.....)

anybody else cosplaying Yugioh characters this year?

seto_kaiba_36
06-07-2008, 07:01 PM
if i make it there i might do seto but so fair unelss i get the money for prega a room or rides there i might ebs tuck at home for a lot of it i am trying though

i plan on rbing abck seto hopefully have my yusei done by then ( not with the D wheel sadly the D wehll might not happen ) and i knwo for sure my squall again and maybe if i can get the wig died right my zane well school zane i dont relay think i can handle hell kaiser again @_@

seto_kaiba_36
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM
ok we ened to paln soem photot shoots or one big one and times i have allready got us mentioend for one but now weened the time and day ^_^

demonninja
06-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Well I'm debating right now if I'll be able to make it, but if I am I'll show up but I'll make sure to bring the eye and I'm gona have to make a new duel disk because I never could find mine.

Hikaruhime
06-11-2008, 09:14 AM
I'll definitely bring Malik again. :D I have Asuka from GX planned (standard Blue uniform), but I don't see myself getting that one done by AFest. :\

Malindachan
06-12-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll definitely bring Malik again. :D I have Asuka from GX planned (standard Blue uniform), but I don't see myself getting that one done by AFest. :\

you should get Asuka done for next year's A-kon! I know my friends and I all want to do a huge GX group next year.

And yes, bring Malik to A-fest! :3
we should definately do another huge mixed Yugioh shoot

Depending on how Haou turns out, I might wear that instead of Yami at the shoot (lol, I feel kinda bad though - I wore Yusei instead of Yami at A-kon's shoot, but that was mainly because I wanted to spread the 5D love....and it was my duty as the only 5D cosplayer at the convention....XD)

Hikaruhime
06-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, Asuka will be done by next A-Kon~ :D

Pomatos
06-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Hello~ Superpancake and myself are going as Yugi and Bakura. and we miiight have a Kemo ("ATTENTION DUELISTS" guy) =D

seto_kaiba_36
06-13-2008, 02:52 PM
do we know the day and time of the photot shoot what would eb the ebs ttimes for everyone so we can work this out ?

Hikaruhime
06-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah. Surprisingly, people are snatching up all the times early due to the fact that AFest is providing an area for the shoots. ^^;;

seto_kaiba_36
06-13-2008, 07:45 PM
well i am hoepign noen egt to clsoe at a-kon i ahd to msis the yugioh one ebcuase the finalf antasy photot shoot ran to long so i ahd to chocie one or the toehr and i dont want that to happen again

Malindachan
06-15-2008, 03:08 PM
well, preferably saturday or sunday for me. I don't know what time I'll be arriving on Friday (or how long it'll take to pick up my pre-reg). If we did decide on Friday, it would probably have to be later in the evening.

should we just have one mass Yugioh/GX/5D shoot? (or have a seperate GX shoot as well like we did at A-kon?)

Edit: how about a YGO/GX/5D shoot Friday evening and a GX shoot Saturday morning or afternoon?

Hikaruhime
06-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Wahhh, I can't make a shoot on Friday evening because of the Casual Arrancar shoot. ;____; Oh well. :\

Malindachan
06-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Wahhh, I can't make a shoot on Friday evening because of the Casual Arrancar shoot. ;____; Oh well. :\

well, that's why we're compromising! XD

we could even do the mass Yugioh shoot Saturday afternoon? (and the GX shoot in the morning?)
or make the Yugioh shoot at an earlier/later time than the Arrancar shoot

seto_kaiba_36
06-16-2008, 01:57 AM
well, that's why we're compromising! XD

we could even do the mass Yugioh shoot Saturday afternoon? (and the GX shoot in the morning?)
or make the Yugioh shoot at an earlier/later time than the Arrancar shoot

dpends onw aht time in the after oon i know my final fantasy shoot is at 1-3 and i dont know when the zelda shoot will be

maybe sunday ??

Hikaruhime
06-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Maybe we could take a look at the thread with the shoot listings and choose a day and time that isn't taken yet? There's not TOO many that have scheduled yet.

seto_kaiba_36
06-16-2008, 11:26 AM
there are no rela tiems lsitend and th e photot shoot on this foruam dont ahve all fo them up they say check out anime fest furam so yea we are just stuck desideing on our own

Hikaruhime
06-16-2008, 01:55 PM
http://www.animefest.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=339&start=0&S=b59720a9283897b1231cabad1be67c65

There's a few that haven't been added yet, such as the Casual Arrancar on Friday @ 5:00/6:00, and the Inuyasha on Saturday @ 2:00.

Malindachan
06-18-2008, 03:47 AM
well, I guess we can do the Mass Yugioh shoot Sunday. There's lots of available spots we can work with then.

I'm going to talk to my GX buddies on Deviantart and see if Friday evening is good for a GX gathering...

cloudburst
06-20-2008, 02:29 AM
*strays over from the Afest forums*

Heeeey, everyone.... *is bringing Yami Malik to whenever the shoot is*

Hikaruhime
06-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Yaaay, more Malik love! :D

cloudburst
06-21-2008, 03:29 AM
Yay! ^_^

seto_kaiba_36
06-22-2008, 04:15 PM
we need to find a time and palces till ....

Malindachan
06-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Does Sunday at 1:00 or 2:00pm sound good for the Mass Yugioh shoot?

(and Friday at 6:00pm for the additional GX shoot?)

I'm just trying to pick some times so we can hurry along and sign up before all the times are taken.

Hikaruhime
06-22-2008, 09:37 PM
I like Sunday at 1:00, if that works for everyone else. ^_^

Pomatos
06-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I like Sunday at 1:00, if that works for everyone else. ^_^

My group mosy likely won't able to make it if its at 1:00. we have a shoot starting at noon that day and it gos for about an hour or longer. but if this shoot does end up at 1:00, we'll try to come, we will just be super late XD;

Hikaruhime
06-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Well, would 2:00 work better for you guys? I have another shoot at 3:00, but as long as I left the YGO gathering by 2:30, it shouldn't be a problem for me. ^_^

seto_kaiba_36
06-22-2008, 10:31 PM
2 is good for em and 1 is good for me sunday seems to be a good time as long as my oruan group lets it be maybe we can do ti form 1:30 to 2:30 that way sicne we all can have a better chance of doing it and gievs us some mroe time to recover form other cosplays

Malindachan
06-22-2008, 11:06 PM
yeah, but I don't know if we can take up time spots halfway between the hours.....(but I'm sure that as long as people are on time to the Yugioh shoot, we'll be out by 2:30)
so is the majority for 2:00pm on sunday?

Pomatos
06-23-2008, 08:53 AM
yeah. 2:00 sounds great with me ^_^

Malindachan
06-24-2008, 10:22 PM
ok, well, I'm going to go ahead and post those times in the tread so we have a spot. we can change it later if we really have to

seto_kaiba_36
06-26-2008, 01:02 AM
ok, well, I'm going to go ahead and post those times in the tread so we have a spot. we can change it later if we really have to

ok i f they need a 2nd hsot to it i can be the other host i ahve ben cosplaying yugioh charaters for allmsot 7 years

now i have a choice seto or yusei .. i guss it depend son if i have yusei done in time and what you guys think lol

Hikari Sukuru
06-28-2008, 06:03 PM
OMG. I CAN MAKE THE SHOOT ON FRIDAY.

Though I don't think I'll be able to make the one on Sunday. D: But I can make the Friday one! DAICHI WILL BE BACK.

seto_kaiba_36
06-29-2008, 12:14 AM
i wodner if i can fix my hell kaiser custome in time for friday hmmm

Malindachan
06-29-2008, 08:43 PM
OMG. I CAN MAKE THE SHOOT ON FRIDAY.

Though I don't think I'll be able to make the one on Sunday. D: But I can make the Friday one! DAICHI WILL BE BACK.

YAAAAAAAAY! XD

I'd be sad if you didn't make the GX shoot, lol

So I talked to JaceMoore and Datenshikurai on Deviantart, and they are coming to the photoshoots :3
Also, Jace's younger bro should be coming as Chazz if he doesn't already have plans.

My roomate is going to be Malik and she's also maknig a Chazz cosplay

I'll be Jaden, Supreme King Jaden, and Yusei...I'm probably leaving Yami back home this time (I've worn him a lot already and it's a lot to pack....)

Our Bakura is planning on making a Syrus cosplay, and Ex-shadow is planning on making Evil Jesse/Johan when he gets back from Germany.....

Hikari Sukuru
06-30-2008, 07:18 AM
OMG! YAY! *hugglecling* You know, I'd be sad too if I missed out on this GXy-goodness. *nodnod* Oh wow. This group keeps getting bigger and bigger. @.@

And OMG YAY! That's awesome! They're coming as Saiu and Edo, right? o.o Or are those other people I'm thinking of?

xD Where would we be without our main character? of BOTH spin-off series? Lol. But wow. DOes that mean we'll have the whole crew?

Juudai, Sho, Manjyome, (did you say there was an Asuka coming? o.O), Daichi, Johan, Edo, Saiu...

Good lord people. This is so amazing. xD

Malindachan
06-30-2008, 06:52 PM
OMG! YAY! *hugglecling* You know, I'd be sad too if I missed out on this GXy-goodness. *nodnod* Oh wow. This group keeps getting bigger and bigger. @.@

And OMG YAY! That's awesome! They're coming as Saiu and Edo, right? o.o Or are those other people I'm thinking of?

xD Where would we be without our main character? of BOTH spin-off series? Lol. But wow. DOes that mean we'll have the whole crew?

Juudai, Sho, Manjyome, (did you say there was an Asuka coming? o.O), Daichi, Johan, Edo, Saiu...

Good lord people. This is so amazing. xD

well, Hikaruhime said she wanted to do an Asuka, but it won't be done in time for Anime fest (But it will be for next A-kon! :3)

Jace said that Datenshikurai will be coming as Saioh, but Jace is having trouble deciding which ones to wear to which shoot XD (but I believe Edo will be one of the ones brought to the con)

Hikaruhime
06-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Honestly, if I replaced Ty Lee with Asuka, I could have her done for AFest if you guys wanted the full GX (main) cast. There's no reason I can't switch them out anyway; Ty Lee isn't for a photoshoot or anything. So, yeah, I guess I could do that. I'll aim to have Asuka for the Friday shoot and Malik for Sunday's. I've been excited about doing Asuka anyway. ^_^

EDIT: Oh. My. God. $70.00 for a GX duel disk?! Not that it really matters since everywhere I've checked online is out of stock. Where did you guys buy yours, and did you really spend that much money on one? D:

Hikari Sukuru
07-01-2008, 01:33 PM
DO IT, HIKARUHIME. *being subtle whut?*

o.o Good lord no I didn't spend that much money on mine. Then again, I did buy mine when it was being sold at like, Target and such. For about $20. Okay no, I lie, I got it for my birthday with the three Egyptian God cards. xD! But seriously? It's $70? That's insane!

Only one? How many is Jace bringing, anyway? xD;

Hikaruhime
07-01-2008, 01:39 PM
OKAY, HIKARI. XDDD (No, seriously, I will. I'll just put Ty Lee off for some other con.)

Well, damn it all. I guess I can go check Toys R' Us and crap. I can't believe they're $70.00 now. That is RIDICULOUS. Rawr...

EDIT: Well, I just cut Asuka's (currently white and unstyled) wig down to the right length to get it ready to dye. I ordered 5 Marigold, 2 Brown, and 1 Olive Sharpies. I'm hoping that combination will give me her strange brownish-blondish-with-a-hint-of-green shade. o_O

Malindachan
07-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Yeah, getting a GX duel disk is so difficult! Remember back in the A-kon thread when I was having that same problem? Hikari and her brother saved me there....

Well, you could always check around at garage sales: our Bakura's Grandmother found, like, 2-3 Battle city duel disks that way O__O
I don't know if they're having any luck with the academy ones. he's trying to get one for his syrus cosplay and we're trying to find one for Ex-shadow's Johan cosplay too.....(so worst case scenario, there will just be a few students without duel disks). I think we should do some photos without them too. it's hard to do goofy poses without hitting someone with them XD

I'll have to ask Jace about how many their group has......

Hikaruhime
07-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I bid on one on eBay, but my highest bid is only to $40.00 (OMFG ;__; ), so I'll probably get outbid. I'm not paying more than that, and even that is too much in my opinion. If I don't have one, then I just don't have one, like you said.

Hikari Sukuru
07-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Garage sales are you friend. Keep that in mind. I also wouldn't be surprised if dollar stores were still selling them. o.o I found Malinda's in my OWN garage sale! O: My brother's friend was selling it, so yeah. Had to grab that with a bunch of cards he was giving away. D:

But I think that mixture of colors should be great for the Asuka wig! *nodnod* Cause it does have that weird greenish tint. Just make sure the blonde out-weighs the green A LOT. xD;

Ohsnap, guys, what would Seto think? His students without duel discs. The horror! Dx But I'm fine with not wearing mine for pics. I can't tell you how much trouble that thing put me through...like not being able to go into the Plaza of the Americas. Duel discs are weapons, just to let you know!

Geez. Forty bucks? I can't imagine spending that much on a duel disc. Why is there inflation in this world? T.T

Hikaruhime
07-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Well, I got outbid, as I thought I would. XD If I don't miraculously find one for under $30.00, I just won't have one.

Speaking of the Nazis of Americas... I wasn't allowed to go in with Malik's Millennium Rod, but they let me in with Beautifly's tennis racket. A FREAKING TENNIS RACKET. If I had hit someone with my Rod, it would have broken into pieces. On the other hand, I could have knocked the elevator guy unconscious with my tennis racket. They are seriously deranged in what they allow in.

Malindachan
07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Jace says their group has 3 duel disks (one for each of them), but they might not need one for photos if their characters don't require one (like if Jace cosplays Trueman or AF1-Magician instead of Edo).

Also, here's a link to a site that sells them for a good price, but Jace says they're rarely in stock: http://www.ideal808.com/product.asp?ID=23439

Also, I'm still debating on what to wear to the GX shoot and YGO shoot. If I wear Haou Judai to the GX shoot, then somebody can borrow my duel disk because I will be wearing "The One Duel Disk to Rule Them All" (and I'd then probably wear the Osiris uniform version of Jaden to the regular Yugioh shoot). But I donno....what do you guys think I should wear? Haou Judai was my original plan for the GX shoot, but if you guys want me to be student with everyone else, I can do that instead.

Hikaruhime
07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the link! I've bookmarked it, and I'll check it each day. Maybe I'll get lucky. It'd be cool to have a ton of students, but you should wear whichever you like to whichever shoot (that made no sense)!

Hikari Sukuru
07-02-2008, 10:36 PM
That sucks, Hikaruhime! D: But I'll keep an eye out for you, cha? xD And Nazis of Americas, I'm quoting that name. But yeah, they're crazy. They almost didn't let me in because of my D.Gray-Man necklace. It's this huge cross that's pointed at the end and made of metal. I had to hide it in my shirt to get past the guy. D:

Well, it'd definitely be up to you on who you want to wear. I think it'd be awesome if you wore school uniform Juudai to the GX shoot then changed into Supreme King! Only because it'd be just like what happened in the series! *such a nerd* First you have Juudai, then you have Supreme King. xD!

Malindachan
07-03-2008, 12:51 PM
That sucks, Hikaruhime! D: But I'll keep an eye out for you, cha? xD And Nazis of Americas, I'm quoting that name. But yeah, they're crazy. They almost didn't let me in because of my D.Gray-Man necklace. It's this huge cross that's pointed at the end and made of metal. I had to hide it in my shirt to get past the guy. D:

Well, it'd definitely be up to you on who you want to wear. I think it'd be awesome if you wore school uniform Juudai to the GX shoot then changed into Supreme King! Only because it'd be just like what happened in the series! *such a nerd* First you have Juudai, then you have Supreme King. xD!

yeah, lol! XD
but if I did that, then I'd have to wear my white pants and other black shirt (which I was planning to pack anyway just in case), but I'll probably wear my new jacket because I like it more ^.^

Then I'll be Supreme King Saturday and Season 4 Judai for the Mass Yugioh shoot Sunday? (unless I wear Supreme King sunday....I'm still confused with the fact that there's 2 masquerades......how does that work?)

Hikaruhime
07-03-2008, 01:00 PM
One of the cosplay contests is ONLY for skits. The other cosplay contest is ONLY for walk-ons. Hope that helps your confusion. ^_^

Malindachan
07-03-2008, 01:02 PM
yeah, but which one is which? (there's a saturday one and a sunday one)
For Haou, I just want to do a walk-on.

that would be cool though to have skits on a separate day :3
then my friends and I could possibly put a crack skit together with our GX cosplays (and I can be normal judai for that one)

Hikaruhime
07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately, they haven't announced which one is which day yet. :\

Malindachan
07-06-2008, 03:43 AM
well, poop >.<

.....the convention's 2 months away...I have plenty of time to decide! XD (lol, watch me procrastinate)

wow, this con might be completely Yugioh cosplay for me....I'm having a hard enough time getting Haou done with my work schedule being as busy as it is....I doubt I'll have time to finish Link before that weekend >.<
I might get my Edward Elric cosplay done though (well, all but the metal arm....that could take a while)

cloudburst
07-06-2008, 09:51 AM
I think they announced on the main site, but I'm too tired to check. XD

Hikari Sukuru
07-06-2008, 08:22 PM
OKAY, QUESTION.

We have the GX shoot on Friday, right? At...6? Would it be possible, at ALL, to have it at like...5? *just wondering and it's FINE if it's not possible* I'm just wondering...mostly because I'm stupid and plan TOO many things all at once. D:

And wait, is there one on Saturday, too? A YGO shoot or a GX specific shoot? *so confused*

Malindachan
07-06-2008, 11:24 PM
the one friday night is GX specific, and the mass YGO one is Sunday afternoon.....what else is going on Friday night at 6? (I didn't see anything else up on either of the gatherings lists....If there is another gathering going on, are they still in the process of figuring out a time? maybe they can work around 6:00 so you can have time to change and be there for their gathering. I don't think the GX shoot will last more than 30 minutes)

It's possible that I could bump it up to 5, but I'd have to contact Jace's group first...(they said the 6:00 time would be perfect for their group, but I don't know what their plans are before that).

oh yes - another thing we need to discuss: Photographers!
It would suck if we showed up in cosplay but had nobody to take our pictures XD
does anyone have any buddies that wouldn't mind joining in and helping with the cameras to either of these shoots? Everyone in my group has a GX cosplay, so none of us would be able to take photos >.< (and same goes with the Yugioh cosplays)

Hikari Sukuru
07-07-2008, 08:40 PM
It doesn't even have to be 5! It could be 5:30! I don't want to change everyone's plans and make it harder for everyone else!

And it is a D.Gray-Man photoshoot. They haven't decided on an official time yet, but were putting it right at either 6 or 6:30. ^^;

As for photographers... well, I might be able to get one of my friends to come by! He takes pictures of all my private photoshoots and such. And has a nice camera that holdsloads of pictures, and should be able to upload them onto whatever computer and internet them and such. But I haven't talked to him so I don't know 100% if he can make it.

Would it be possible to get Eurobeatking again?

Hikaruhime
07-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm confused as to why the D.Gray-man people are trying to do 6:00? Only one gathering can have the official photoshoot area at a time, and the GX gathering is already posted for 6:00. Therefore, the D.Gray-man people would have to meet elsewhere. Do they know this? :\

Malindachan
07-08-2008, 01:23 AM
yes, but some groups are planning photoshoots outside of the designated area (which is what the D.Gray-man people might be doing)
Well, I checked out their thread.....do you think it's possible for them to have it at 7:00? It looked like that was one of their times they were suggesting. If they did that, you'd still have time to change cosplays. As long as everyone makes it to the GX shoot on time, we shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes for photos (It's not like we're going to be a huge Naruto or Bleach group that's going to take forever for everyone to get situated).

But how about this: let's all try to get to the designated photoshoot spot early. The group before us might be done already, but even if they arn't, we can at least stand off to the side and plan out what we want to do for photos so we can get started right away once it's our turn to have the spot. (I know there were several problems with that at the Mass Yugioh shoot at A-kon....so many people arrived late, lol....but then again, part of it was the staff's fault for kicking us out of our original spot)

As for Eurobeat king taking the photos, I hope he shows up! :3
he usually tries to make it to all the photoshoots he knows about (and since we're on the official list, I'm sure he'd know about it XD). But that doesn't guarantee he'll be there (he could run into something and end up late to the gathering. He seems like a busy guy, lol).

Hikari Sukuru
07-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Oh. Wow. Things are a lot more official than I thought they were. xD; No, they probably did not know about this. I will be sure to let them know, though! Now that I'm informed! xD;

And if it's too much trouble, don't worry about changing the time at all! It was merely me wondering out loud, after all. ^^; And I remember the one at A-kon. That was interesting, but the turn-out was so awesome!

I'll be sure to ask my friend to make sure he'd there, then! ^^ I'm pretty sure he won't have a problem, but I'll ask him when he's back from his trip to Europe. *nodnod*

Hikaruhime
07-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Asuka's wig is done~ :D

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1607738/

Hikari Sukuru
07-10-2008, 04:42 PM
That wig looks awesome, Hikaruhime! Great job! ^^

vehira
07-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm bringing Ryou Bakura~ ^^

And I have a yami now!! >w< *excited*

Hikaruhime
07-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks, Hikari~ ^_^

Malindachan
07-12-2008, 02:26 PM
the wig looks great, Hikaruhime! Yay, we're going to have an Asuka *dances* lol, we should take some cute Judai and Asuka pictures and make Johan Jealous XD

This con is going to be mostly a Judai con for me. I'm just going to leave Yami at home because it's a whole lot of stuff to pack with his duel disk, millenium puzzle, wig, belts, etc....That cosplay was worn enough at A-kon and Anime St. Louis (I need to give my other cosplays more screentime! XD). I'm glad to know we'll be having another Yami at the convention :3 (won't be much of a Yugioh photoshoot without the main hero! XD)
I've decided that I'm going to be schoolboy Judai for the GX photoshoot. Haou Judai will be worn probably Saturday and maybe part of Sunday. Donno who I should wear to the Mass Yugioh shoot, but I'm kinda leaning towards Judai (either that, or Yusei again, but I dunno....)

Don't know who else from my group is bringing....I know our Bakura wants to be Syrus/Sho, but he might be bringing Bakura again. I have no idea what Ex-S is bringing, but he might be leaving Kaiba at home because it's hard to travel with and needs some maintenance (and he's planning on making Evil Johan anyway, and that with Haou will take up a lot of space in the car). My roomate is coming along, and she's planning on bringing Malik and Manjoume.

Hikaruhime
07-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks! I can't wait to see everyone's new costumes! ^_^ And yes, definite Judai/Asuka pictures are in store! I want Manjoume/Asuka pics with your roomie, too~ :D

Malindachan
07-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks! I can't wait to see everyone's new costumes! ^_^ And yes, definite Judai/Asuka pictures are in store! I want Manjoume/Asuka pics with your roomie, too~ :D

Horray! XD
we will have so much fun with the GX photos, lol

if we have time, we should do some random shots and put them together in a comic strip.
(kinda like how I did this with my Tobi: http://malindachan.deviantart.com/art/Tobi-is-a-bad-boy-65002431
or this with Kurogane: http://malindachan.deviantart.com/art/Cosplay-Comic-Snow-Day-72202314 )

But we'll do group shots and shots with Daichi first (since Hikari needs to get changed for the D.Gray-man shoot)

Hikaruhime
07-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Lol those comic strips are cuuuute~~

Malindachan
07-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes! They're so much fun to do! ^.^ we need to think up some strip ideas before A-fest :3

oh yeah - here's what's done so far on Haou Judai:
http://malindachan.deviantart.com/art/Haou-Judai-cosplay-WIP-91541013 (all my comments about it are below the photo)

Hikari Sukuru
07-13-2008, 03:25 PM
PFFT. No way I'm leaving the GX fun, guys! xD The shoot is at seven, and I'm sure they'll be in their outfits for the rest of the night. I don't want to miss out on comic-strip fun. T.T *so torn*

Oh, Malinda, I have to ask cause my friend is making me. But how into yaoi is your roommate? I mean, nothing extreme or anything. Just wondering. xD *she's a MAJOR ManjyomeDaichi fan*

You Haou looks really awesome, too! Coming along great! *nodnod*

Malindachan
07-13-2008, 10:41 PM
PFFT. No way I'm leaving the GX fun, guys! xD The shoot is at seven, and I'm sure they'll be in their outfits for the rest of the night. I don't want to miss out on comic-strip fun. T.T *so torn*

Oh, Malinda, I have to ask cause my friend is making me. But how into yaoi is your roommate? I mean, nothing extreme or anything. Just wondering. xD *she's a MAJOR ManjyomeDaichi fan*

You Haou looks really awesome, too! Coming along great! *nodnod*

lol, that's a strange pairing XD

well, she's pretty open about that kinda stuff (lol, I converted her. she agrees with me on most yaoi pairings XD). I'm sure she'd be ok with hugging and stuff for pictures, but don't expect kissing or anything extreme. (I'm the same way, lol).

well, I think we'll have plenty of time for silly comic photos, but if you guys are worried about time, we can get together sometime before the shoot too. I don't think our group has any big plans before then.

Hikari Sukuru
07-14-2008, 02:27 AM
xD!!! Goodness no, I was not expecting anything more than maybe a hug. Maybe. xD! Kissing's a little up there for me, too.

I would LOVE to get together beforehand. *nodnodnod* But I'd be coming from school, a bit down the highway. So I can't promise anything other than maybe something at 5:30? If possible? I don't want to burden anyone in any way! >.<

vehira
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
*looks around* Hm, I thought I'd show yall the Bakura wig I did for my yami, see what yall think. It took me a long long time, and I'm very very proud of it >w< This is just the front, we didn't take a picture of the final product (which includes all the crazy spikes in the back, which still need to be re-fixed).

So, yeah XD; love~

Here's the wig~ (http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/Space_Monkey150/Ryou%20and%20Bakura%20fun%20time%20x3/camwhoredesupt15039.jpg)

Malindachan
07-14-2008, 02:28 PM
xD!!! Goodness no, I was not expecting anything more than maybe a hug. Maybe. xD! Kissing's a little up there for me, too.

I would LOVE to get together beforehand. *nodnodnod* But I'd be coming from school, a bit down the highway. So I can't promise anything other than maybe something at 5:30? If possible? I don't want to burden anyone in any way! >.<

sure thing! :3
any locations in mind? I haven't been to A-fest before, so i don't know what's available XD (I'm depending on Ex-S to show me around. He went last year)
don't want it to be TOO far from the photoshoot location though.

Hikari Sukuru
07-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh, goodness, well there are MANY places at Afest. It's a pretty big hotel for such a small con. xD Where is the photoshoot location, again? Just for an idea...we could meet somewhere around there and just move somewhere else if that would be easier and all. ^^;

Hikaruhime
07-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Looks pretty good, vehira~ ^^

Malindachan
07-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Oh, goodness, well there are MANY places at Afest. It's a pretty big hotel for such a small con. xD Where is the photoshoot location, again? Just for an idea...we could meet somewhere around there and just move somewhere else if that would be easier and all. ^^;

the location is outside the main events room near the base of Reunion Tower. lol, good to know there's lots of spots! A-kon had, like, nowhere to go >.< (unless you wanted to be scolded by con security)

seto_kaiba_36
07-23-2008, 12:47 AM
i have to cancel guys my boss is makeing me work weekends and is ameking me work animefest weekend >.<

Hikaruhime
07-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Aw, that's too bad. :\

EDIT:
Asuka progress!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1630191/
I can't wait to start seeing some progress from you guys, *hinthint*. lol

Hikari Sukuru
07-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Aw, I'm sorry.

And um...my progress was at A-kon. xD; *coughcough*

Hikaruhime
07-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Well, I demand you make up more progress. XDDD (Kidding, of course.)

Hikari Sukuru
07-24-2008, 08:20 PM
A demand? But the probability of my trying to change much about my costume will inevitably fail! xD

Oh, well, I guess I could work on my hairline...*thinks* xD!

Hikaruhime
07-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Hairline would be good. You could file your nails, too, if you want to get really creative! XD

Hikari Sukuru
07-25-2008, 10:49 AM
It seems I now have some progress I should go and take care of! O:

Malindachan
07-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Aw, that's too bad. :\

EDIT:
Asuka progress!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1630191/

it's looking AMAZING! ^.^
can't wait to see more :3

uh...well, I haven't been able to get much done since the last time I posted a progress shot, but I did get my contacts!:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1623868/

As for current progress, I've been working on the gloves. I had to hand-stitch stuff to them....while they were on my hands.....>___<

Hikaruhime
07-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks! And I LOVE your contacts! They look so cool!

Well, my sewing machine broke while I was in the middle of working on Asuka's top, so that's being repaired. *sigh* It's not a big deal since Asuka is almost done anyway, but I would have liked to finish it sooner. Oh well, she'll still be ready for AFest, regardless. My sewing machine has gone over a year without a maintenance, so it's kind of my own fault, rofl.

demonninja
08-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Well I'm officially coming to AFest. This time I'm NOT gona forget my prop bag with the eye. Now I got to get to work on making my duel disk for the second time *sigh*

Pomatos
08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
theres been a change in plan for myself and Xmastreefromhell with our Yugioh cosplay. since our Yugi won't be able to make it and i don't have time anymore to make my Bakura costume we won't be cosplaying Yugioh ;_; but i'll still try to make it to the shoot to take some photos!

Ex-S Cosplayer
08-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey guys, sorry to join the thread so late, I kinda forgot about coscom forums for a while ^^;

Want progress? Well I'm starting on evil Jesse/Johan tomorrow and I think I'm gonna get it done pretty quickly, so I'll see what I can put up. In the meantime perhaps this closeup of my face will suffice? http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1647002/
I know he's supposed to have orange eyes but since I have red ones from my kurogane and they're more of a tomato red anyway I figured I'd use them for this :geek:

Hikaruhime
08-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Su-weeeeet~! :D :D :D

Malindachan
08-04-2008, 01:28 AM
horray, we'll have evil eyes together! XD
you'll have to lead me around though because mine are non-perscription...(and a blind Haou Judai might be hazardous....)

Ex-S Cosplayer
08-04-2008, 07:29 AM
horray, we'll have evil eyes together! XD
you'll have to lead me around though because mine are non-perscription...(and a blind Haou Judai might be hazardous....)

lol, well like you said before, just another excuse for me to hold your hand xD

Malindachan
08-04-2008, 01:57 PM
lol, well like you said before, just another excuse for me to hold your hand xD

and the fangirls will rejoice

Edit: for those still trying to find duel disks, Jace sent me this site:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites.html

you can check your local area and see if anybody is selling one! :3

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Progress photos? OK! *thumbs up*

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1655541/

*dies in suspense of it being like 99% finished* @___@;;

Oh, and demonninja: Is your Neuro going to be finished for AnimeFEST? *didn't have time to do mine yet, but you're super tall and full of such awesome to be a much better Neuro* Also, are you doing the suit or the demon head? ...Polly wants a mystery. .__.;

Ex-S Cosplayer
08-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Da Tenshi Kurai: Thats absoutely AWESOME (and a half)
I can't wait to see that one in person!!!!
Speaking of progress, I'm almost finished with the vest coat on Evil Johan now, I'll probably put up a progress pic in the next day or two :)

demonninja
08-09-2008, 02:20 AM
Progress photos? OK! *thumbs up*

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1655541/

*dies in suspense of it being like 99% finished* @___@;;

Oh, and demonninja: Is your Neuro going to be finished for AnimeFEST? *didn't have time to do mine yet, but you're super tall and full of such awesome to be a much better Neuro* Also, are you doing the suit or the demon head? ...Polly wants a mystery. .__.;
Awsome job on it. My neuro has been done for a bit I've just been too lazy to upload any photos. It's just suit Neuro but I'm gona try and work on the deamon hand if I have enough time. Just have to find a purple glove for my fat hand.

Malindachan
08-09-2008, 04:58 AM
Saiou is looking so awesome!
Expect lots of hugs from the dorky kid in red XD

ugh, I'll have to pull myself away from the internet so I can actually get Haou Judai done >___<
I'm so glad my work gave me the next few days off (I'll be needing it!). And after this next week, I'll have a whole week off before I have to go back to college (and during that week, I'm going to do nothing but eat, sleep, and sew until I get it done!)

Progress:
trenchcoat - 100%
chest armor - 80% (I need to do the shoulders)
cape - 80% (I need to finish the bubble things and figure out how to attach it to the armor...)
armor piece under trenchcoat - 100%
belt - 80% (need to make the gem)
gloves - 100%
boot covers - 0%
collar - 0%
helmet - 0%
spikes of DOOM - 0%
duel disk - 0%

gah, looking at my list makes my head spin...I think the hardest parts are going to be the spikes and the duel disk....well, if I try making the duel disk the way I want to. It'd be really cool if I could get it to spin or at least go into duel mode, but I have yet to figure out how to do that....but I'd probably have to make it all manual because I don't know how to mess with electronics.

Hikaruhime
08-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Saiou is AWESOME. <33333

Asuka is totally done. I wore her for Tokyo in Tulsa, but I won't have any pictures until next weekend. ^^

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Wow, so I found a Duel Disk at the TDGS preview and got it, if anyone needs a GX Disk for the photo shoot--our contributing bodies will now have one extra! :D Yay for finding someone who'll trade for non-card items!!

Malindachan
08-09-2008, 06:59 PM
hey, that's awesome! lol, I'm sure there will be many poor students at the GX photoshoot without a duel disk who will want to borrow it. (so how did the sneak preview go? I didn't get to make it this time around. The only reason I would want to go though would be to see how many fanboys pee themselves at the sight of Yusei).

There's still not much luck on my end. everyone from my group has managed to get battle city duel disks, but I'm the only one who has an academy one so far.

and HikaruHime - I saw your Asuka cosplay in your Tokyo in Tulsa video blog! it's looking amazing from what I can see! :3 (can't wait to see it in person!)

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Honestly, the Duel Disk was the only great thing about the day. Jace and I didn't enter because we didn't want anything reasonable to expect, and Jace's brother Colt entered twice and pulled one of the cards he wanted. I was really the only one that got any good trading done, traded a PCY Kuriboh for like twenty times what I paid for it. XD;; Man, did that guy want my Kuriboh. XD;;;; (Then again, what he gave me was reasonable, considering how rare the card is. I'm just a lucky jerk that got the card super cheap.) I'm also very happy that a playset of ONE COMMON made my Ancient Gear deck function so beautifully!! MY COS-DUEL PROPS ARE WITHOUT FLAWS. *cuddles Gear Town, then realizes I'm ignoring the Arcana Force, crumbles, and cuddles them instead*

...BUT! Back on topic--HikaruHime, can you post pics from the shoot on your Cosplay.com gallery so everyone can see? I'm very excited to see your costume! There hasn't been an Alexis around these here parts!

Hikaruhime
08-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks, guys! Yeah, I will have lots of pictures from several different costumes from a day of photoshooting next Saturday, so I'll be sure to link to the Asuka pictures here on the thread~ :D I was really shocked at how comfortable it is!

Malindachan
08-09-2008, 11:51 PM
lol, the things fanboys will do for a cute and fuzzy kuriboh XD

yeah, I love how the academy uniforms are generally very comfortable! :3
donno if I'd ever be able to wear a miniskirt though (props to you, Hikaruhime for doing it! XD)

finally finished my gloves! I got started on the Collar of DOOM (ZOMG, I had to make so many adjustments to the shape! I'm having to downsize it a little bit because it looks ridiculous otherwise), and hopefully that part will be finished by tomarrow. I might take some more progress shots after that. :3

Hikari Sukuru
08-10-2008, 04:12 AM
. . .

*stares in aw at the Saiou progress pics* Um. Um. Um... wow. That 99% looks AMAZING. Like, I have no words to express it. xD I cannot wait to see it in person!

GO CAN DO IT, MALINDA. I HAVE FAITH IN YOU. *cheers*

And Hikaruhime, I want to see the pictures! xD *so impatient* Can't wait to see 'em when the links get put up.

Aaannnddddd in other news...I go home tomorrow! *has been on vacation for the past two weeks* Which means I shall go and finish the Daichi wig! ;D And then put up progress pictures! All because Hikaruhime wants them. xD!

Hikaruhime
08-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Yes, yes, Hikaru wants! XD

Honestly, the skirt does not try to fly away in the wind or anything. I think it's because of its stiffness and straightness. But, just in case, I pulled some of my cheerleading spanky pants to wear underneath. XD;

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Heh, in cosplay, modesty always *is* the best policy. Never want any mishaps that might just happen to end up plastered all over the Internet. Always a good idea to play it safe. xd

Ex-S Cosplayer
08-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Here's a minor update on mine, almost have the vest done now I just need to make those crazy tail thingies and the boot covers to complete the outfit...and then comes those lovely frying pans on his hips...

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1658742/

Hikaruhime
08-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Rofl, you look like such a hick with that facial expression. XDDD Seriously though, it's looking awesome so far!

I love in-progress photos more than complete photos, I think. XD I think it's because I get to see individual parts of the costume in greater detail and read about how they were made.

Ex-S Cosplayer
08-11-2008, 07:38 AM
A hick with Blue hair...never saw that one comming xD
Thank you, as for how it was made, really just took a basic vest pattern and altered it a bit. I used blue suede for the vest and made the silver studs out of a couple of different things combined together :)

cloudburst
08-11-2008, 12:08 PM
>.> I'm kinda worried... where I ordered my Malik wig, they sent the wrong one and said they'd be sending in the new one, and not only has it been past the three weeks, but their eBay account no longer exists... >< I don't know if I'm getting the wig...

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Envy, that sucks! I always have paranoia about ordering wigs on the Internet because of the potential of things like that, I try to buy my wigs in person as much as possible. I really hope you get your wig, but just in case do you have the seller's contact information? If push comes to shove, though, you're in luck that the costume stores are starting to get their selection of wigs in for Halloween just in time for AFest, if you still don't get the wig from that eBay seller.

Hikaruhime
08-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Aw, I hope you find SOMETHING by AFest, Envy~ :\

cloudburst
08-12-2008, 12:20 AM
I still have the email he used when he first told me about having another one mailed to me, and I emailed that, but I don't know if I'll have enough money for one by Afest. >< I have to buy a $175 camera for school by the monday before, and food keeps eating my paychecks. Blaaargh. I might have to skip out and just take pictures... or see how cheap I can get a sea-foam green one...

We're trying to find another person I can whip up quickly... might pop up screamin'.

Thanks, guys, y'all are so kind.

Malindachan
08-13-2008, 04:15 AM
well, cosworx is usually fairly quick with shipping wigs (but I don't know how much of a budget you're on).....although I did have one experience this summer when it took me 3 weeks to get a wig (which I thought was strange because usually it only takes less than a week....) but I think that was because there was a delay in their stock coming in or something. (that's what I heard, anyway)

cloudburst
08-13-2008, 02:03 PM
To be honest, I'm just aiming for cheap, because I'm saving for a camera I need the Monday before the con. (Good timing, school.) I'm going to wait until Thursday. My friends and I are going to try and race to two wig stores after I get out of work and see if we can find something. (If I can't find something Malik-like, I'm totally settling for Espa Roba.)

Malindachan
08-13-2008, 11:10 PM
To be honest, I'm just aiming for cheap, because I'm saving for a camera I need the Monday before the con. (Good timing, school.) I'm going to wait until Thursday. My friends and I are going to try and race to two wig stores after I get out of work and see if we can find something. (If I can't find something Malik-like, I'm totally settling for Espa Roba.)

awesome! XD
you'll probably be the first, lol

Ex-S Cosplayer
08-13-2008, 11:17 PM
An Espa Roba would be totally awesome xD
I hope one of those two works out for you

seto_kaiba_36
08-14-2008, 07:00 PM
i quit that evil nasty job so i will be makeing it to anime fest as seto for sure if i egt the wig done zane as well ^_^

Hikaruhime
08-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Here's my complete Asuka! ^_^

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1676586/

Ex-S Cosplayer
08-17-2008, 12:00 PM
That looks great, awesome job Hikaruhime!

Hikaruhime
08-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks so much! :D

seto_kaiba_36
08-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Here's my complete Asuka! ^_^

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1676586/

thats a realy good alexis/asuka

Malindachan
08-18-2008, 03:22 AM
wow, your Asuka looks so amazing! O.O

wah, I can't wait till A-fest! XD

Haou is making very slow progress, but I finally got a little more done on it:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1678235/

but I still have so much more to do! >__<
Hopefully I can get what I need to done before I move back into my dorm this weekend. I might not have the helmet and duel disk done on time for A-fest, but I think I can get everything else if I manage my time wisely.

Hikaruhime
08-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Thanks, guys! ^_^

Haou looks fantastic so far. That collar is insane! XD

Malindachan
08-18-2008, 10:20 AM
I have Ex-S to thank for that
(the wire on the inside is too strong for me to bend by myself, so I had him use his manliness to get the job done XD)

Hikari Sukuru
08-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Hikaruhime! You looks amazing as Asuka! *drools like Daichi does in the manga* @.@

And I LOVE the collar of doom. It's so doomtastic. xD!

Malindachan
08-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Hikaruhime! You looks amazing as Asuka! *drools like Daichi does in the manga* @.@

And I LOVE the collar of doom. It's so doomtastic. xD!

lol "doomtastic"
I think I like that word XD *steals*

Hikari Sukuru
08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
WHOA, WAIT. *copyrights* Now you must credit me every time you use it. >D

demonninja
08-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Ahhh! Crap! I'm stuck. My ride has to stay here during the weekend of the con since we just found out a family member has to come up here for some intensive surgery. So now unless I can figure out a different way than me drive alone (5 hour drive is a bit much for me), then I'm not gona show.

Malindachan
08-20-2008, 01:09 AM
man, that sucks! >__<
I wish our group could help, but our car will be full...

hmmm....do you have any other friends attending the con that you could possibly meet on the way there? (that way, you could trade off and wouldn't have to drive a full 5 hours) Either that, or friends from further away that could pick you up on the way there?

demonninja
08-20-2008, 01:22 AM
No. Sadly I'm the only anime fan I know of in Little Rock. What truely sucks is that the next con I see I could get to (5 hour drive distance is the max) is a first year con in menphis in Jan.

I guess I'll just take that time to start perfecting all my costumes with better props and work on my next costume.

seto_kaiba_36
08-20-2008, 01:33 PM
wow seeing all the enw custoems amke me feel abd i am ahveing to sue old ones ... i know i cant get yusei or hell kiaser done in time but yea ... every one is looking good ^_^

Hikaruhime
08-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Nothing wrong with re-using costumes! ^_^ I'll have the same cloaked Malik I had at A-Kon for the main YGO shoot at AFest.

Ex-S Cosplayer
08-20-2008, 08:50 PM
*deleted post*

Malindachan
08-20-2008, 08:56 PM
lol, I was on Ex-S's computer and forgot to log into my own account XD

yeah, Haou Judai is going to be my last Yugioh cosplay for a long time (unless I make pharaoh Atem sometime, but I'm putting that one on hold for a while...)
I have enough Yugioh cosplays to last me for a while (I'm planning on wearing Yusei, Judai, and Yami to several future cons)

seto_kaiba_36
08-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Nothing wrong with re-using costumes! ^_^ I'll have the same cloaked Malik I had at A-Kon for the main YGO shoot at AFest.

lol, I was on Ex-S's computer and forgot to log into my own account XD

yeah, Haou Judai is going to be my last Yugioh cosplay for a long time (unless I make pharaoh Atem sometime, but I'm putting that one on hold for a while...)
I have enough Yugioh cosplays to last me for a while (I'm planning on wearing Yusei, Judai, and Yami to several future cons)

i know ther eis nothing worng with old costomes i just need to redo my seot jacket and get the right belt now so this will probly be the alst yea rin that jacket i ahve started on my yusei though the deck and the shirt sadly i know i wont ahve ysuei done with in the next 8 days

=that remidns me dose anyone know the price of the tickets at the door ?

Malindachan
08-21-2008, 11:20 PM
another update! :3
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1685247/

I'm almost done! ^^

Ex-S Cosplayer
08-21-2008, 11:42 PM
We're both almost done, and here's another pic too: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1685223/
This one shows off Malinda's boots ;]

Hikaruhime
08-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Wah~! Amazing! Malinda, you look so evil! :P

seto_kaiba_36
08-24-2008, 02:43 PM
another update! :3
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1685247/

I'm almost done! ^^

We're both almost done, and here's another pic too: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1685223/
This one shows off Malinda's boots ;]

you guys are doing a relay good job on that ....

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-26-2008, 02:00 AM
...Nevermind.

[ And I didn't comment earlier on how awesome you guys are looking. I'm pretty stoked over seeing the costumes in person! :D *does the evil characters dance, wishing we had time to make Mr. T. XFD;; ]

Malindachan
08-26-2008, 10:35 PM
*joins in on the evil characters dance*
XD

Hikaruhime
08-27-2008, 06:22 AM
*throws on Malik really quick and jumps in the fray, too* XD

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-27-2008, 06:34 AM
This dance is getting so involved! o_o

Also, I'm updating to say: Unmeiiiow. Saiou-cat is coming to the normal YGO shoot. T_T *wags puffy periwinkle and white tail defiantly*

And hay Malinda-chan:

Saiou and Edo are wondering if they're getting Dropout Boy or Season 04 Judai for the GX shoot. [sing-songy] I have Satellite Keeeeys~!! [/sing-songy] *plz be Dropout Boy*

Also, are you going to the Masquerade Ball? From the description and the thread on cosplay.com, it definitely looks like it's going to be a really awesomely coordinated, fun event. I think that Evil Johan and Haou would have a wonderful waltz! XFD;

(I PMed you the same thing on dART, whichever you checked first. ^_^;; )

Malindachan
08-27-2008, 07:28 AM
lol, I got the note on DA first XD
yes, Dropout boy will be at the Friday gathering. however, the jacket I'm using is going to be my more recent one (because my first one looks like crap), which I think should be fine because in season 1-3 the animators like to change the lengths of everyone's jackets anyway.
But yeah, I was originally planning to pack the white pants and black shirt from my season 1-3 cosplay anyway, so I'll just remember to wear those Friday (I probably won't be Season 4 Judai till Sunday or so).

which reminds me - for everyone attending the GX gathering Friday, our group is probably going to be near the photoshoot area maybe 30 minutes or so before the actual shoot starts. I'm was thinking that it'd be fun to use that time to make random cosplay crack comic photo strips, so if any of you guys want in on the fun, feel free to meet up with us! XD (haven't decided an exact location, but we're planning on being close to the photoshoot area so we won't have to travel far when the official photoshoot starts).

oh yeah - does anybody know if there's a limit on people who can be in the masquerade? we're going to be there sometime late Friday morning or so and turn in our entry form ASAP (for Evil Johan and Judai), but I'm afraid that they're going to stop taking applications if they get too many earlier in the day.

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Do you want Jace and me to put in your application? You'd just have to tell us what to write on the app. We'll be there early Friday morning and could drop it off for ya~ That way it's much less likely that you'd miss the cap-off (which I can't gauge, honestly, because this is the first time they've ever separated walk-ons and skits, best idea EVAR).

seto_kaiba_36
08-27-2008, 09:42 AM
grr the iodits stole a lot more of my kaiba stuff than i thought oh well it will be like that one yea ri took all he belts off becuase theyw anted to egt coughtin the eslcator again

2 more days @_@ this is going to be fun this is the frist time i have cosplayed as seto in 2 years ^_^ i just wish i could egt yusie and rista done in time ... oh well gives me mroe time to work on the d-wheel ^_^

Hikaruhime
08-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Gah, I'm hoping I'm not a walking corpse at AFest. I have constant toothaches due to a cavity, I'm on my period (sorry, men), and I've been repeatedly exposed to the flu for the past two weeks.

Yay.

Malindachan
08-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Gah, I'm hoping I'm not a walking corpse at AFest. I have constant toothaches due to a cavity, I'm on my period (sorry, men), and I've been repeatedly exposed to the flu for the past two weeks.

Yay.

aww, I hope you feel better soon! >__< (drink lots of Juice and don't overstress yourself! *huggles*)

yeah....I might be haveing some cravings this weekend.....so if you see Haou Judai stomping around demanding cake, don't be suprised