PDA

View Full Version : AXNY How thw Westcoast was won! (to me)

Kitty
09-16-2002, 07:00 PM
Okay as you know i said that I had mt thought of my first eastcoast con. Here it is......

Now doing the cons for only a year so far I have only been on the westcoast . And when I found out I would be going to AXNY I was kinda scared. Cause I heard that people were rude and wouls say mean comments to you and they dont like cosplay and such stoopid rumor gosip crap like that. But I went there and saw it for myself and this is what I felt and saw.

I saw the "TRUE" fun way to cosplay over here I have already seen the bad sid of it and all the "head up their asses " additudes that engulfs some cosplayers. NO one there I talked to and hung out with was like that. And they actually give you compliments instead of rude comments or making fun of you or judging you on the outfit you made!Plus you guys have the "right additude" to me on the masqurade night. Yeah they all start out hectic at first but then you all come together and you guys were all hyped up and the good energy of the cosplayers and the con was indeed so refreshing to see! Everyone was actually into it! Instead of crowds I have seen at other cons where they act like they all got bitten by Resident Evil zombies and are all "Ughhhhhhhh Staaaaaars" meaning they are all dead. But if this is what it is like, I wouldnt mind going over that way again.^_^
Now I would all like the ones who read this not to jump the gun and take in mind i do say its my 1ST eastcoast con and, I know that all cons in general are not always good or bad I am just reflecting on the experience I had there my little view on this and this is not a " All I HATE are west coast cons and Blah blah blah ....crap crap crap...........gossip so be mature grow up and just read it carefully NE?

Sami
09-16-2002, 08:10 PM
That's cool, I'm glad you had a good time over here! ^_^ I'd love to go to a west coast con someday.. (finances pending x_x *brokeness*) to see how they compare in terms of.. well.. everything. ^_^; Aaaaaa California.. <3 *dream*

Luna Moon
09-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Yay! For East Coast Cons! ^_^
All da cons I've been to have been on the East Coast and it's basically the same attitude where ever you go ^^
Ofcourse there are a few party poopers here and there~

-Luna-

Oshi
09-16-2002, 09:55 PM
I'm planning to go to AX2004, I REALLY wanna see what Cali is like!
Finances are too low this year with all the east coast cons I'm doing, but after 4 months of Co-op next fall, which should give me about $20,000, I'll be set ^_^

And Kitty, now that you've had your first east coast con, try to come to the biggest... Otakon.

TheAnarCHris
09-16-2002, 10:08 PM
Everyone was actually into it! Instead of crowds I have seen at other cons where they act like they all got bitten by Resident Evil zombies and are all "Ughhhhhhhh Staaaaaars" meaning they are all dead

Yeah, I'm more of the classic "Brainssss, Brainssssss.......oh Hamtaro stuff, KEEN!" variety of Zombie myself.......

"What he say?"

"He called me a dumb mutha f-ker, laughed and hung up."

-Various online strip where the guys from PA Showed up in.

Kamui Motoaki
09-16-2002, 11:46 PM
Well. . .i've only been to East coast cons. . and Animagic will be my first West coast. . .

but then agian. . .aren't we forgetting about the Cons in the middle of america?

Like. . uh. . NDK? or. . Ohayoo con. .or something? maybe i should go to one of those. . . ^_^

Dragoon Knight
09-17-2002, 12:00 AM
Otakon is a maybe next year...added to all the other east and west coast cons we want to go to next year @_@

yeah, you'll like AM Will.

engrish
09-17-2002, 11:25 AM
I have a theory that cosplayers with their "head up their asses " are like that because that's just their natural personality. I don't think costumes have the magical ability to turn a shy and humble person into someone with a big head. If they weren't in costume they'd find something else to stroke their ego.

Kitty
09-17-2002, 10:18 PM
I have seen one case where the bad side of cosply did turn them into a "Head upp their asses " person. But i do belive it was the addditude from cosplay not the costume.

Dragoon Knight
09-18-2002, 12:32 AM
yeah there are some people out there that just arent nice, and it has nothing to do with the costume...just them @_@

Nietsche
09-18-2002, 05:19 AM
I have seen one case where the bad side of cosply did turn them into a "Head upp their asses " person. But i do belive it was the addditude from cosplay not the costume.

Oh my..dark side of cosplay...time for Kotenka to whip out his Hikari no Houken and Orphen to release his Hikari no Hakujin and maybe Hayato to utilise his plasma sword!

Dragoon Knight
09-18-2002, 07:50 AM
lol.....but certain dark side costumes are good (Dark Squall, Black Mai ^^). Its just those who try to ruin cosplay for others with their bad tempers, attitudes, and such, those are the creeps to watch out for, and to send the Cosplay.com bodyguard after >D

Kitty
09-18-2002, 11:55 AM
I wish they would just stop the stoopid ness right now and let it F #$#%@! Die.
I leave the job to Orphen now GO Vanish the dark! lol

Oshi
09-18-2002, 12:16 PM
Two Commandments of Cosplay: Thou shalt not brag about thine own costume. Thou shalt not insult or degrade anothers costume.

Kitty
09-18-2002, 12:36 PM
LOL true but did the cosplay god write those? HEY! Who is the god of cosplay ? Its it astro boys father since he kinda started anime to begin with ? NAH, that just sounds like common sence to me. I must agree with Oshi on this one arrrrrrrrr- Where did that arr? come from ?

Ranma Saotome
09-18-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
Two Commandments of Cosplay: Thou shalt not brag about thine own costume. Thou shalt not insult or degrade anothers costume.

Commandement 2.5: Thou can insult another cosplay, only fromthe comfort of your home browing images, knowing that yours is better as long as 2 witnesses agree to it. :D

Dragoon Knight
09-18-2002, 06:08 PM
LOL....Kitty said "ARRRrrrrrr" ^^

Kitty
09-19-2002, 12:43 AM
I cant help it.^_^

Dragoon Knight
09-19-2002, 12:45 AM
ABUUUUUUUUUUUUH.....its the retarded version or ARRrrrrr....kinda...ok not really...ABUUUUUUUUH

Kitty
09-19-2002, 12:19 PM
My head is gonna pop like the weasel in that Lenore comic I made you read o.O

Dragoon Knight
09-19-2002, 05:23 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeww...I hope it doesn't O.o ...eeeeeeeeeeewwww ....lol *my brain chunk* O.o

Kitty
09-24-2002, 02:47 AM
Brains..........Starrrrrrs............God get that out of me! So anyway if I did go to another WC con i wouldnt know what to pick.

Dragoon Knight
09-24-2002, 03:06 AM
there aren't that may WC coasts to begin with...jsut AX, Fanime, AM, and a few up north