PDA

View Full Version : ok, this is prolly a stupid question ^-^;;

Haruka
06-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Ok, i was just wondering, is AX open 24 hours? Is there a time when people must leave the convention center? I know that in most cons the dealers room closes at a paticular date, but im assuming that the actual con is going on all night. Im still new to this con-going business *^-^*

Maryssa
06-26-2003, 07:26 PM
People usually wander around the hotels late at night, but I assume they close the actual Anaheim Convention Center after a certain hour. I usually see people awake at all hours in the hotels though. However now that I think of it, I remember back in Disneyland the convention center was open at all hours (but mainly because there was actually something to do like play in the arcade). Any particular reason you would like to know if it's open late? There usually isnt much going on late at night convention-wise except for anime screenings and gaming. =)

Haruka
06-26-2003, 07:31 PM
well, i plan on doing multiple cosplays on saterday, and i just want to make sure there is plently of time to wear the costumes so people can see them. Heheeh, but even if it WAS open till the wee hours of the night, i would be to exhausted to do anything! @_@
Thank you for responding so quickly, Maryssa ^_^

FlameSniperRei
06-26-2003, 07:55 PM
There's still a lot of people wandering around at 2am x_x;

domestik
06-26-2003, 07:57 PM
2 AM, 3 AM, 4 AM... in the words of my friend, "Sleep is for the weak!"

I am weak. I intend to pass out by at LEAST 1 AM if not midnight. x__X

Maryssa
06-26-2003, 08:26 PM
I will disagree with that statement and instead say "sleep is for the smart." It is not cool to spend the weekend without sleeping.

RoseDuelist
06-26-2003, 09:10 PM
It's closed about 6:00am-8:00am. A WHOLE TWO HOURS!! lol! At least that is the video room schedule's. Other things close at different times but things typically start up at about 8:00.

So it's about a 22 hours a day event. ^_~ That's the longest run anyway.

P.S. If you go to www.anime-expo.org they have a schedule posted of almost all of the events.

domestik
06-26-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
I will disagree with that statement and instead say "sleep is for the smart." It is not cool to spend the weekend without sleeping.

Right on.

No sleeping ends making people more irritable, sick, dead-looking, and drained. I remember being unable to function peroperly, even with a few hours of sleep each night. *shakes head* A full's night rest is what's best for me!

RoseDuelist
06-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Heh, last year I was running on very little sleep and I was ssooooooooooo irratable. There was a movie one night I wanted to see that ended at 2:00am, then the next morning at 10:00 there was another I wanted to see.. and I lived about 45 minutes.. so that's NOT A LOT OF SLEEP... oi.. lol

piroko
06-27-2003, 03:54 PM
AX "technically" runs 24 hours a day from the Opening Ceremonies to the Closing Ceremonies, but of course "sane" people do sleep at night to keep up the energy to run around the convention center during the day.
You will find people around in the wee hours, but usually it dies down or so, until the next morning!
I don't know if you hang around if it's loitering, but there is always space in the video room. You might find people sleeping there too (unless they kick em out) though..haha..
But if you live on college sleeping time as I do, staying up till 3-4 is normal, and with some coffee and strong spirit, getting up at like 9-10 is possible, too. But after AX is when you die and just sleep continuously for a week (haha, jk).
But yeah, technically it is open all the time, but I suggest you sleep. I don't think you'll miss anything if you retire around 11-12 (as I did last year).

FlameSniperRei
06-27-2003, 04:14 PM
Since we're talking about staying up...... I would like to remind people that there are those of us who DO sleep and so those who are staying up please keep the noise down during the wee hours of the night (or morning like past 1am). Please be considerate and do not hold large parties past late hours. Those of us in the masquerade need our beauty sleep ^.~ thanks!

with that, see ya'll at AX! 6 MORE DAYSSSSSSSSSSS!

Psychotic Jei
06-27-2003, 09:31 PM
I usually get as much asleep as I can...AX..is days off of work..which means I get to relax. @_@ If I didnt want to sleep...I would stay home and go to work. ^^

Suzushichan
06-28-2003, 03:09 AM
Sometime early EARLY in the morning or the 5th or 6th I will be around as Vash handing out free donuts to fellow cosplayers that are still awake! ^O*

Ashe
06-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Didn't the masq line last year or the year before start forming around midnight the previous night? Yes, there is always someone up and about - usually the crowds start to die off 11 - midnightish.

I don't know what the light is like where you are, Haruka, but over here the sun has been starting to go down around 8, getting completely dark around 9, so I imagine people will still be in full swing until at least nine o clock.

Suzushichan
06-29-2003, 01:30 AM
*eats a donut* mmm...

Sarial
06-29-2003, 05:38 AM
Ax 2001 their was a 2 i believe 24 hour video rooms
it was just known as the 24 hour video room....wasnt on the schedual...but you knew it was their and it played rare or unseen stuff...uncommercialized.....sooo ya it was always fun!
so they may have that for AX 03....just have to find it (and no sleeping allowed in the video room...sorry!...atleast that was their rule for 01)
hope it helps...if not...that was my point! AHAHAHA....*cough* ohhh pretty penny!

Haruka
06-29-2003, 12:05 PM
Thanks alot you guys! Haha...man.... I am sooo nervous about this convention...yesterday I just got a email saying that I made it to the main masquerade event..soooo I think all day Saturday is going to be spent back stage...bleh...plus im entering in the lolita contest, and I have no idea where its being held (for some reason I cant access her web site) I just have a feeling that im not going to be getting alot of sleep for those days, considering all of the things I have to do! Damn....and Thursday I have to check into my hotel, register for the con, get my competition costume on, register for the cosplay event, turn in my music, get judged...and soo much more! I hope this wont turn into a disaster!

Sarial
06-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Just remember.........Deep breaths and repeat..."there is no need for sleep...there is no need for sleep...there is no need for sleep"
and if you collapse, its prob ok since there are so many princes at ax to catch you

meww
07-01-2003, 01:57 AM
Haruka? Will you wear your Chii costume? It's very cuuuuuuuuuuuuute and I'd love to meet you guys.

Oh, yea... I'm that girl that sells Chii ears on eBay. LOL. Just for the record, though. I'll be at aX on Friday & Saturday -- it's my first con and cosplaying experience.

I have a Chii costume, too... it's rather loilita-ish. So my friends and I would love to meet you and your sister~!! Such talent at firefly-path.com.