PDA

View Full Version : Weiss Kreuz '08

DeadlySerenade
06-07-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm going to try my hand at Aya/Ran, hopefully. However, if I can't come through, I'd love to see who else is cosplaying from WK this year. :3 (And this decision was super-spontaneous. As in, I finished watching the anime this morning and decided I wanted to cosplay Aya this afternoon. LOL.)

FyreGothChylde
06-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Hehe, I'll probably be wearing my Aya cosplay as well at some point.It was my first one but I still love wearing it..^.^
So are you going as regular Aya or the Gluhen one?

There was surprisingly alot of Weiss cosplayers at A-kon so maybe there will be at Afest as well..or at least I hope so. ^.^

DeadlySerenade
06-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Regular Aya. I haven't seen Gluhen.
But yes, hopefully there will be more WK cosplay at Animefest. I hope we can meet sometime? :3
Do you know if Afest allows steel swords as long as they are peacebonded? I know A-Kon does but I don't know if it's the same at Afest. On top of that my sword is dulled so the only way it could cause damage is if I swung it at someone's head really hard. Lol.

[EDIT] Oh snap, I just realized that Omi's VA is going to be at Animefest. Flippin' sweet!

FyreGothChylde
06-08-2008, 06:03 PM
yeah, sure.^.^ You'll probably see me running about somewhere, I never rest at the cons..or so it seems..>.<.

I'm fairly sure they allow it as long as the blade is dull..but the rules could of changed since I went last so you could check the website just to be certain. I also use a katana with a really dull blade..though I guess it was meant to be a show sword or something..

Anyways yeah, Jamie is really sweet..^.^

DeadlySerenade
06-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Ah, okay. I guess I'll take it straight to security and ask, then. I may go ahead and make a fake one just in case. Thanks. :3 Hope to see you there.
(Wonder if I can talk my friend into cosplaying Omi... hmmm.)

Caytin
06-09-2008, 10:41 PM
I think I should run and hide now. *Hides behind chair* Farfarello-chan will be making an appearance. Possibly with straight-jacket if I can find a Schuldig or Brad to carry the leash and help me around.

DeadlySerenade
06-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Hahaha, I always thought Farfie was a whole lot scarier than even two Ayas. I bet you could find a Schuldig if you looked hard enough - I've noticed he's pretty popular with cosplayers. But you never know. :3

Caytin
06-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I have one from Corpus, but she wants to redo her costume. I don't even know if she can make it to AnimeFest. Personally, Ran scares me. At least Farfarello is predictable, Ran can go nuts at any time.

DeadlySerenade
06-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Well, that's true. Let's just come to an agreement that they're both scary as hell?

Caytin
06-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Agreed. Though Farfie can be a cute bugger when he wants to be.

Farfie in the Sun! (http://caytin.deviantart.com/art/Farfarello-Enjoying-the-Sun-35046411)

DeadlySerenade
06-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Hahaha, that IS cute. XD

FyreGothChylde
06-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Yay Farfie! <3 I've never seen one cosplayed before..Don't be surprised if I hug you..^.^;.
There probably should be a Schuldig or two running around. He does seem like the most popular of the evil guys hehe.
Anyways maybe if we can find some more people, we should get together and take some pics at some point during the con ^.^.

DeadlySerenade
06-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Darn right, a gathering/photoshoot would be epic! I hope some of the A-Kon Weiss cosplayers might be coming to AnimeFEST. My friend IS going to try to make an Omi cosplay, but we're not sure on that. She wanted me to make it for her but my hands are full. :( What with the AMV contest deadline coming up and all that jazz. (Speaking of which... I'm trying to do a Weiss AMV for it lol X3;)

Caytin
06-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Awesomeness! My Schuldig just confirmed. She has also confirmed on doing my Fairly Odd Parents cosplay too. She's going as Wanda, and I as Cosmo. And we will have a Pixie!

DeadlySerenade
06-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Sweet, a Schuldig! This group is actually shaping up. <3

Caytin
06-11-2008, 03:17 AM
I have talked to a possible Yohji, but I have no clue if she is actually going to do it.

Ochiba-san
06-11-2008, 01:32 PM
DAMNIT YOU GUYS! D: !!! Every time I see a Weiss thread I want to jump out and do Omi again, even though it's technically retired. I'd love to join you, but the weekend's already full-up for me. Y_Y I'll see you around, though! I'd love to talk Weiss with you!

P.S. If you haven't seen Gluhen, avoid it. I mean, it's okay but I was terribly unimpressed. Schuldich looks like he's a German redneck, Farf shows up ONCE and all the other character designs sort of make me gag.... I don't blame Koyasu and the others, though because they had to change production teams and the previous owners wouldn't let them use the same designs. Y_Y Still, Sena was a cheap cop-out replacement for Omi. >:/

Love you guys! Hope to see you at A-fest!

DeadlySerenade
06-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Haha... yeah, I took one look at the new designs for Gluhen and said screw that. Yohji looks god awful IMO. I'm really only interested in finding the OAV.

And Omiiii ;_; I wish you could wear him with us! But I understand if you can't *sadface anyway*

FyreGothChylde
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
yeah..I agree with Ochiba-san on Gluhen. Not to mention the ending disappointed me to no end..-.-;...and chopping off Yoji's hair *pout*..T.T.

Anyways it's ok, i understand about being busy with other cosplays and such. I remember seeing your Omi cosplay at A-kon though..awesome!

DeadlySerenade
06-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I didn't get to squee over any Weiss cosplayers at A-Kon because I didn't even watch WK until after the con had passed X3; So I wouldn't have known an Omi even if he'd bitten me. Or threw a dart at me. *is a Weiss newbie!*

Caytin
06-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Ochiba-san, I see that you are only doing three costumes. Are you doing some for more that one day? Cause some people tend to forget this is a four day convention. Not that I am trying to sound rude, just want to make sure. I likes messing with the Omi-s!