PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur IV Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2 3

athena-chan
06-09-2008, 02:37 PM
With the launch date approaching and more and more character designs being released I expect this to become a big thing pretty soon. I've already seen photos of someone cosplaying Ivy's new design.

I saw Setsuka's new design today and I fell in love with it so I'll be making her SCIV costume sometime soon.

Here's a good resource for reference images:
http://www.soulcaliburuniverse.com/images/

So who else is planing on making costumes from this game?

o01101011
06-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Yay I was wondering when this thread would be started.

Also does anyone know of a site that shows the multiple costumes a character has?

I'm considering Ashlotte or Voldo at this point, though I'm waiting to see more screen caps of the two from the new game.

aliceinbox
06-11-2008, 12:07 AM
yay~ i have my eyes set on amy ...i just love her outfit :3
i like cassandra's outfit too but it's too revealing >.<

Scoti
06-11-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm still waiting on everyone's P2 costumes. Besides Siegfried I'm not that excited over anyone elses designs so far.

Mage
06-13-2008, 12:32 PM
I'll probably get around to Xianghua at some point, but like Scoti, I'm holding out for the P2 costumes since I'm not very enthusiastic about her default. =\

vasher
06-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Wow, Siegfried's armor is amazing. I want to see Taki's P2 as well. Ivy... is somehow wearing even less than before. Hopefully her cosplayers stock up on lots of double-sided tape.

Hime no Toki
06-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm considering cosplaying as Ashlotte - not only because her character design is incredibly intriguing and unique, but it's a body type that suits me, unlike pretty much all the rest of the female cast for SC, lol.

xxkittygurl
06-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Ahh, I have too many costumes I want to make.
I absolutely LOVE the colors in Xianghua's outfit. They are amazingly pretty. I look the most like Sophitia, and her costumes pretty, though I don't have big enough boobs to pull the top of her costume off, and plus ya wouldn't really be able to wear a bra with the way they show it in the official art, although with a little altering it wouldn't be bad.

UsagiNoSenshi
06-14-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm considering Ashlotte. She was designed by Oh!Great, and seeing as how I am a huge fan of his it would be wrong not to do it XD. But her costume looks very intricate. I guess i will do what most others have said and wait for a look at the P2 outfits. SC games are among my favorites so I'd really like to cosplay someone eventually.

Morluna
06-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Okay. I have scoured the Internet, to no avail. Does anyone know where I can find more reference pictures of this version of Ivy's costume?

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/isabella-ivy-valentine-102360.jpg

The far right in this picture, the light blue one with the cute lil' hat.

I can only assume it is from IV because I don't recognize it from III, but I searched for it under both titles and found nothing but this one teeny picture.

Any help would be much appreciated, as it looks super cute and I wanna makes it. <3

Scoti
06-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Okay. I have scoured the Internet, to no avail. Does anyone know where I can find more reference pictures of this version of Ivy's costume?

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/isabella-ivy-valentine-102360.jpg

The far right in this picture, the light blue one with the cute lil' hat.

I can only assume it is from IV because I don't recognize it from III, but I searched for it under both titles and found nothing but this one teeny picture.

Any help would be much appreciated, as it looks super cute and I wanna makes it. <3

This is actually concept art for one of her alt. costumes from III, The first purple one is seen in the game but the other two are just unused concepts.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/ivy.html ** This site has a larger version of that artwork as well as every other Ivy artwork known probably. Fighter's Generation is the best resource for fight game character artwork IMO

Morluna
06-15-2008, 10:30 PM
This is actually concept art for one of her alt. costumes from III, The first purple one is seen in the game but the other two are just unused concepts.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/ivy.html ** This site has a larger version of that artwork as well as every other Ivy artwork known probably. Fighter's Generation is the best resource for fight game character artwork IMO

Oh thank you! Ah, unused concepts, I see. No wonder I couldn't find any other pics, lol! Well, the more obscure the better, I say. I think I shall try to make it.

Thanks again for the link and info!

Kudrel
06-16-2008, 08:36 PM
I too am doing Ashlotte. I've already started gathering my supplies. ^.^ I plan to have it done by the end of this summer. I also started Tira but put it on hold, it's a very weird design and it got the best of me >.< but I do plan to finish it eventually.

I'm really excited to see cosplays of all the characters' new outfits.

Keika_Strife
08-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be giving Tira a shot, I'm still brainstorming how I'll make her weapon and I'm not sure which of her outfits I'll tackle. When I get the game I'll take a closer look :X

athena-chan
08-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I just finished playing the game for the first time and I'm torn, I still like Setsuka's default but her player 2 is really freaking awesome as well.

A lot of the player 2 designs are really good. Any one know a good way to get high quality images of them? I'm computer retarded at times and I have no idea how to get good screen caps of the outfits from my game.

Scoti
08-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I'd like to make a request to anyone who owns the game to please take some screenshots of the player 2 costumes if they can. I really want to see them I won't be able to get my own copy right now.

Thanks in advance :)

aliceinbox
08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
men.. since i got the game i got so much more character i want to do >.< i think maybe tira's p2 outfit.. it's so cute ~

scoti- i'd love to help you with the images.. but i don't really know any method other then taking my camera and point at the TV.. if you're ok with that i can take pics of all p2 character for you

TransurrealisTristan
08-03-2008, 08:04 PM
I too am planning SCIV cosplay as well!So far,I want to do:

Raphael P1(The black and white forms)
Kilik P1
Maxi P1(Without the Elvis hair)
Zasalamel P2
Yunsung P1 and P2
Algol P1 and P2(Just for kicks)
Siegfried P1 and P2

But...they are too hard...plus,if people ask me nicely enough,I'll consider Kilik's P2 costume.

Scoti
08-03-2008, 08:55 PM
men.. since i got the game i got so much more character i want to do >.< i think maybe tira's p2 outfit.. it's so cute ~

scoti- i'd love to help you with the images.. but i don't really know any method other then taking my camera and point at the TV.. if you're ok with that i can take pics of all p2 character for you

That would be awesome.

DireKitty
08-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be giving Tira a shot, I'm still brainstorming how I'll make her weapon and I'm not sure which of her outfits I'll tackle. When I get the game I'll take a closer look :X

I'm looking at her too, and i'm also pondering on the weapon, since i'd like to make it full sized and useable.... aka durable...

fallen_angel24
08-04-2008, 12:04 AM
currently, im looking at talim's outfit .. same with tira's .. but both are customized cuz ive created these versions on my xbox

fallen_angel24
08-04-2008, 12:05 AM
I'd like to make a request to anyone who owns the game to please take some screenshots of the player 2 costumes if they can. I really want to see them I won't be able to get my own copy right now.

Thanks in advance :)

heh
you're in luck .. the next time i play, i'll take some =)

Amara Dolce
08-04-2008, 12:26 AM
I just finished playing this game with my friends. I seriously love so many of the outfits they all have, both p1 and p2. So I am definitely considering going as Xianghua next year since she is so awesome and has beautiful clothes.

SailorAnime
08-04-2008, 12:29 AM

I'm looking at her too, and i'm also pondering on the weapon, since i'd like to make it full sized and useable.... aka durable...

currently, im looking at talim's outfit .. same with tira's .. but both are customized cuz ive created these versions on my xbox

Yes! More Tiras! :O I'm planning on doing her player two outfit as soon as I can <3

Iori E
08-04-2008, 03:09 AM
Is it just me, or does the thread title say "Soul Calibur VI Cosplay" instead of "IV"?

I've been playing this game to death for the past week. Kamikirimusi and Ashlotte are my personal favorites right now, but I probably won't be cosplaying either of them. Oh well, at least I have found a Soul Calibur character I actually want to cosplay.

SailorAnime
08-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Is it just me, or does the thread title say "Soul Calibur VI Cosplay" instead of "IV"?

I've been playing this game to death for the past week. Kamikirimusi and Ashlotte are my personal favorites right now, but I probably won't be cosplaying either of them. Oh well, at least I have found a Soul Calibur character I actually want to cosplay.

I was going to say something about the VI, but I forgot when I was posting.

Kamikirimushi is amazing! I'd love to see cosplay of her.

Hime no Toki
08-04-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm curious to see P2 Xianghua, I am not crazy about her default outfit - at all - and I usually love her design. Since I'm making my boyfriend Kilik, I really want to try for a Xianghua cosplay, but I just...refuse to make her P1 outfit. And it wouldn't look good on me, at all, lol.

Geb_Geb
08-04-2008, 11:15 AM
I sure will be doing Amy, already start getting my stuff for her...the other one I want to do is Hilde she is too beautiful O.O and got an awesome armor job : P

Phoenix_Kasai
08-04-2008, 11:33 AM
There are so many costumes that I want to do.. but is there anything cuter than Kitty Talim?! I think not XD

So either P2 Talim, Amy or ::crossfingers:: Taki. I've always played as Taki, but man.. her armor will kill me @_@

SailorAnime
08-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm curious to see P2 Xianghua, I am not crazy about her default outfit - at all - and I usually love her design. Since I'm making my boyfriend Kilik, I really want to try for a Xianghua cosplay, but I just...refuse to make her P1 outfit. And it wouldn't look good on me, at all, lol.

I've noticed that a LOT of the default outfits this time around are terrible compared to the secondary outfits. Though I think what killed Xianghua was the booty shorts. D:

St3phY
08-04-2008, 11:51 AM

Me too! I don't like her P1 outfit for some reason... -_- I found this little screenshot of her P2 costume though:
http://images.wikia.com/soulcalibur/images/0/02/Sc4_pub_ss_xianghua2_080619_005.jpg

It's not much, but I think it looks better than the P1 already, LoL. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Hime no Toki
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Stephanie J - Yes, that's the one I found, too! It looks a lot nicer, I agree.

Scoti
08-04-2008, 06:27 PM
I've noticed that a LOT of the default outfits this time around are terrible compared to the secondary outfits. Though I think what killed Xianghua was the booty shorts. D:

I didn't think they were "bad" but totally lacked effort in creating something that looks new. It just feels like they're variations on stuff they would have worn in SC3..or the past 2 other games. It's the P2 costumes that are creative.

And with Xianghua it's not the first time she's been put in booty shorts..http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/xiang-sc2fix3.jpg

Sephirayne
08-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I've yet to play the game but have seen the images on the website thats mentioned. I'm considering either Raphael or Siegfried. Each will depend on my budget and on how ambitious I feel at the time.

Keika_Strife
08-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I didn't think they were "bad" but totally lacked effort in creating something that looks new. It just feels like they're variations on stuff they would have worn in SC3..or the past 2 other games. It's the P2 costumes that are creative.

And with Xianghua it's not the first time she's been put in booty shorts..http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/xiang-sc2fix3.jpg

Tira's P2 costume wouldn't be nearly as yucky for me if they had done something about that ridiculous hat she wears. :lost:That hat was just... too much. But other than that I agree, most of the other characters' P2 costumes are cooler than the P1 ones.

My friend is wanting to do Hildegard in full armor form. She's concerned that it might be a little too hardcore for craft foam; does anyone have any suggestions for that? o.o*

aliceinbox
08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
alright .. i took all of the p2 pictures (the characters i've unlocked so far) is it ok to put them on as attachment to the replies ? or would that violate some sort of copyright ..>.<

p.s i think Xianghua's p2 outfit is much better... the booty shorts are ...weird..

SailorAnime
08-04-2008, 10:19 PM

Your image didn't work. And I can't say I don't care about the originality of the costumes, but for me, it's more the fact that most of them look ugly. Or if they are kinda of cute, they're too skanky, which I know is just a vidja game thing, but still.

alright .. i took all of the p2 pictures (the characters i've unlocked so far) is it ok to put them on as attachment to the replies ? or would that violate some sort of copyright ..>.<

p.s i think Xianghua's p2 outfit is much better... the booty shorts are ...weird..

I think it'd be ok for you to post them.

Sorry about the double posting, but my friend got the limited edition version of the game and just sent me the scans of the art book. So free extra references for anyone who wants them!

http://flickr.com/photos/22513167@N04/sets/72157606549201176/

Plus I have these all a little bigger than you can download them at, so if you need a specific one, PM me.

Fenix42
08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
A friend of mine is thinking on making Ashelotte: http://www.soulcaliburuniverse.com/images/sc4/2dchars/Ashelotte.jpg
...how would that skirt be constructed? I'm not entirely sure on which materials I should use...I already know this is going to take a while.

aliceinbox
08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
ok here it is .. i think it's working
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29284578@N06/

Hime no Toki
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks, aliceinabox! I'm totally hooked on Xianghua's 2P now. Until I can make Ashlotte, it's something I can work on from the game. And it really matches up nicely with Kilik's 1P outfit! I'm totally floored by the costume designs for this game.

SailorAnime
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
A friend of mine is thinking on making Ashelotte: http://www.soulcaliburuniverse.com/images/sc4/2dchars/Ashelotte.jpg
...how would that skirt be constructed? I'm not entirely sure on which materials I should use...I already know this is going to take a while.

Why, of course you would use metal! Can't you tell?

Though honestly, I think a slightly shiny material with heavy interfacing and boning should work.

St3phY
08-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Sorry about the double posting, but my friend got the limited edition version of the game and just sent me the scans of the art book. So free extra references for anyone who wants them!

Plus I have these all a little bigger than you can download them at, so if you need a specific one, PM me.

These are awesome! thanks so much for uploading them :)

Crazy Flower
08-05-2008, 05:33 PM
That seals it for me, I so want to do 2p Hilde now. I liked the armor, but she's fully clothed!

petski
08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Yay! I'm nearly done with my Hilde costume. I'm adding Nightmare and Siegfried to my dream costume list. Nightmare is looking more and more appealing prospect and less like impossible. But the soul calibur sword looks so much better than soul edge...

TransurrealisTristan
08-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Major props to SailorAnime86 for the scans!However,looks like they gave so little reference material when it came to Kilik and Raphael's costumes this time around.

But...I am going to need a ton of cash,time and probably a crapload of material to pull of the KRS outfits.(Kilik Raphael Siegfried)*le sigh*

Scoti
08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
ok here it is .. i think it's working
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29284578@N06/

Thanks!
Some of those outfits are really neat but I had to laugh at Setsuka's, I really don't understand that design choice.

Jysbena
08-06-2008, 07:18 PM
I am definately doing the second Tira form, I fell in love with it the minute I saw it.

Keika_Strife
08-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Thanks!
Some of those outfits are really neat but I had to laugh at Setsuka's, I really don't understand that design choice.

XD I laughed too, I'm sure I'm not the only one who instantly thought of Mary Poppins.

Kigurumix
08-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm working on my Kamikirimusi cosplay now. I'm almost done with the flames on the sleeve, and I finished the purple obi and bow today. I just need to add the Sakura blossom pattern on the bow. I'll be wearing the costume first at E for All and then Anime Expo.

ReyanJ
08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I've just started working on Ashlotte for Comic Con '09. All the steel boning is going to give me trouble, but I love any excuse to use my soldering iron so it'll be fun. I'm nervous about her weapon too, since I've never needed to make my own props for cosplay before... Still, should be fun! XD

l-o-z
08-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Since I played Soul Calibur II, I've kinda kept wanting to do a cosplay of Raphael. Something about the whole dueling stance, gentlemanly style of fighting and talking, and the cool attack where he stabs his opponent a million times just kinda seem really cool. And I like repeating the phrase, "You're quite the rude one!"

I'll see if I get the money and time...

sazumebachi
08-10-2008, 11:25 PM
what character could i pull of from SC 4?? i was thinking of doing sophitia in her white dress. ^-^ its so pretty yet sexy. but not over board.

here;s a pic of me.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t72/ninjagirlrae/S7301376.jpg

Srayb_Aniar
08-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey I'm thinking of doing Xianghua P1, but have some issues:
How do I get the dye to.. fade like that?
Her sword... how do I make that?
And those things! On the end of the sword and her shorts. What are those?

SailorAnime
08-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Hey I'm thinking of doing Xianghua P1, but have some issues:
How do I get the dye to.. fade like that?
Her sword... how do I make that?
And those things! On the end of the sword and her shorts. What are those?

1. Dip-dye would probably be the best option for the dying.
2. I'd use this (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=76828) tutorial, only make it for a Chinese sword as opposed to a katana.
3. They're tassels.

kerochan
08-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm working on my Kamikirimusi cosplay now. I'm almost done with the flames on the sleeve, and I finished the purple obi and bow today. I just need to add the Sakura blossom pattern on the bow. I'll be wearing the costume first at E for All and then Anime Expo.

Another Kamikirimiusi fan yay ^_^! I got the game at release date as well and I just started buying stuff for the costume. I haven't made a Soul Calibur costume in awhile and she's the one I'm planning to do next.

Ginger Snap
08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
I think I'm going to make Xianghau's P2 outfit. It's absolutely stunning, and not horrendously revealing. XD Time to hunt down/make ref pics. >.>

NecroticNymph
08-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Argh I have always loved the Soul Series (I bought a PS2 JUST to play SCIII....I have always been a MS girl) but I can't decide who to cosplay. I look the most like Seong Mi-na, but I'm not a huge fan of her outfits in this game. I usually use Talim and Taki, but I look like neither (well, maybe Taki with some major bra-stuffing...but I'm way too tall and white-skinned for Talim). I love Amy too but she's so short T_T

I pretty much decided on Hilde. But that armor is intense. I like her 2P but I'd have to put a lot of effort into getting the top's pattern to be accurate so I keep telling myself, "Why not just put the effort into the ARMOR". ARGH!

I may just go back and do Seong Mi-na's SCIII 1P and maybe 2P. But I will tackle Hilde one of these days!!!

Captain Scarlet
08-11-2008, 07:51 PM
I am doing Tira's P1 outfit for next year cons :D
Can't wait to start on it and see other people's pictures, all the characters are amazing this year!

LadiesMan217
08-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm semi-interested in Tiras P2 outfit. I was wondering if anyone had any good reference pictures.?

VickyBunnyAngel
08-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Hilde's armor is so attractive, and so is the alternate outfit O_O the bonus characters' designs are nice too (forgot their names)

wingclipped
08-13-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm planning on doing Talim's p1 costume for my next big project. I love the design (yes, even the eccentric-looking hat ^.^;; ) and the colors. Also, finding out that Talim is Filipino was the clincher for me... represent!

I have a feeling that this one is going to be in the works for a long time for me, since a) there's a lot of little details on it, and b) I need to do some serious toning on my midsection before I'll actually let myself wear it x.x

Thanks to everyone who posted links to references, I found a lot of images that will be a huge help!

effervescence
08-13-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm working on Kamikirimusi for Anime Fest this year, and I'm having a oddly hard time finding any good screen shots of her! Anyone know a good sight for reference pictures other than her default art?

St3phY
08-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm working on Kamikirimusi for Anime Fest this year, and I'm having a oddly hard time finding any good screen shots of her! Anyone know a good sight for reference pictures other than her default art?

I found some screenshots of her at gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/soulcaliburiv/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs%3Bimages&page=2

Does anyone have more reference pics for Xianghua's P2 costume? :toothy:

Koria
08-13-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm contemplating doing Talim... but I don't know >_<;

Scoti
08-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I saw this link on 4chan and thought I'd share. Sometimes that site can be useful.

eloquent_grin
08-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Amy is just so adorable, I feel like I must make her costume ^_^ It's not overly complicated like some of the other costumes either, which is definitely a plus, but drill pigtails are not fun and I've got a few other things planned, so I don't know where she's going to fit in for costume plans. Hopefully I'll get to make her, I just adore her outfit.

SailorAnime
08-14-2008, 09:26 AM
I saw this link on 4chan and thought I'd share. Sometimes that site can be useful.

I post here already. That's probably where 4chan got it from.

Koria
08-14-2008, 10:47 AM
zomg... I've decided, next anime north, I am cosplaying Talim :D

Scoti
08-14-2008, 06:11 PM
I post here already. That's probably where 4chan got it from.

oops :/

effervescence
08-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeee! Thank you SO much you're my new hero!

LadiesMan217
08-14-2008, 10:21 PM
i want to cosplay Tira's second player costume, as I mentioned before, but I don't really play Soul Calibur. I bought the second one but never played it enough to get good at it. I know all the stories from watching other people play and talking with them about it. So I just don't know if its appropriate for me to cosplay Tira or not.
i just love her scary jester costume and her split personality. the design is so intricate and really the challenge I'm looking for right now.

Keika_Strife
08-15-2008, 01:15 PM
zomg... I've decided, next anime north, I am cosplaying Talim :D

I was gonna say, you'd make the most adorable Talim! :bigtu: Can't wait to see your costume!

UsagiNoSenshi
08-15-2008, 01:47 PM
I think I've decided on Setsuka. I have no idea where to even begin with that kimono though. @_@
Hopefully my friends and I will have a SCIV group for either Ohayocon or Katsucon.

Nevturiel
08-15-2008, 05:39 PM
LadiesMan, I think it would be perfectly acceptable for you to cosplay as a character from SC IV even though you don't own the game. I'm sure there are lots of people who have made costumes for characters that they aren't familiar with, but they did it because their friends asked them to. Since you already know the character, that will make it more fun to work on, and you'll know how to pose for pictures, etc. I say go for it.

Srayb_Aniar
08-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Another Q. about Xianghua:
Her hair thingies. The ones in her bangs.
Where/How do I find/order/make those?
I know it's been asked before *most probably about Chii* but I can't find the threads.

LadiesMan217
08-16-2008, 08:33 AM
LadiesMan, I think it would be perfectly acceptable for you to cosplay as a character from SC IV even though you don't own the game. I'm sure there are lots of people who have made costumes for characters that they aren't familiar with, but they did it because their friends asked them to. Since you already know the character, that will make it more fun to work on, and you'll know how to pose for pictures, etc. I say go for it.

Thanks.

I've been thinking about it for a while. I get nervous about that kind of thing, like I'm going to give up halfway through after spending a ton of money and time on it.

But I do love this outfit. I'm going to make her hat HUGE (wire frame, please). Its gonna be great.

And I do have access to the game, my boyfriend bought a PS3 pretty much just for this title. So all I have to do, if I wanted to play it, is roll out of bed and turn it on.

I always thought the costume designs for SC were awesome. In 3 they started to get a little crazy, but I like whats been done for 4.

Purple One
08-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I am really, really tempted by Angol Fear, but the nipple spikes scare me somewhat. Also, I'm sort of top heavy, to put it politely, and I'm worried about support. Maybe the design could be altered to allow for a strapless bra?

YuffieK
08-17-2008, 02:11 PM
I am really, really tempted by Angol Fear, but the nipple spikes scare me somewhat. Also, I'm sort of top heavy, to put it politely, and I'm worried about support. Maybe the design could be altered to allow for a strapless bra?

Maybe you could add a strapless bra or even one with clear straps. I'm thinking about cosplaying her, too, and I was thinking about making the whole top an armor piece, like out of Wonderflex maybe. (From the top part it seems a lot like armor, but the bottom of the part is acting like fabric... =O?)

13Kai-Kai
08-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I've done Cassandra in her Soul Calibur II p1 outfit. I saw her p2 outfit for IV and fell in love with it. It's not as "skanky" as her p1 outfit. So that's my next Soul Calibur cosplay.
Thank for posting screenshots guys! Now I have a good ref pic to show my mom. She helps me make certain costumes....

Amara Dolce
08-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I've done Cassandra in her Soul Calibur II p1 outfit. I saw her p2 outfit for IV and fell in love with it. It's not as "skanky" as her p1 outfit. So that's my next Soul Calibur cosplay.
Thank for posting screenshots guys! Now I have a good ref pic to show my mom. She helps me make certain costumes....

I remember you mentioned this one when we were playing. I like it so much too. I can't wait until you begin to work on it. It's going to be so much fun.

Sarun
08-19-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm in the planning stages of making a Voldo. I'm still trying to decide whether I should just man up and show some skin or if I should get some sort of tight under suit. Looking through it I've got some pretty good ideas on how to make everything I'm just a little concerned about the way that everything connects to the spine. That might be a little tricky.

i-shinigami
08-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Wow. Just found this thread. Just finished my Amy costume a week ago. Still working on the wig, though. (*YAY for curls that defy gravity!*)

I picked her because she looked cute and had the most clothes on from the screenshots and concepts I had seen before the game came out.

Missha
08-20-2008, 09:05 AM
I haven't seen anything here yet, so if I skipped over it, sorry about that :S

But does anyone have pictures or references of the alternate version of Talim's costume in SC4?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Pocketfightr
08-20-2008, 10:50 AM
A couple days after SC4 came out, I decided to make Amy for Otakon. Such a rush job and so many things I would like to redo now that I don't have a con for a while: make an actual corset for under the top, sew the red trim on the sleeves properly since I hand sewed them in a rush the morning I was to wear it, make an actual weapon (which I kind of want to do the magical girl staff but maybe that would just confuse people), and maybe get a wig instead of using my real hair so I can get the curls right.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1674044/

i-shinigami
08-20-2008, 10:55 AM
That looks nice--especially for a rush job! Mine took a long time to make with all the deatails. I don't have any pictures up and probably won't for another month. >_<

SailorAnime
08-20-2008, 12:20 PM

But does anyone have pictures or references of the alternate version of Talim's costume in SC4?

There's a sketch of it on here (http://flickr.com/photos/22513167@N04/2734808062/sizes/l/).

Pocketfightr
08-20-2008, 02:24 PM
That looks nice--especially for a rush job! Mine took a long time to make with all the deatails. I don't have any pictures up and probably won't for another month. >_<

Thanks! I really want to see yours. I really want to see how others handled some of the things I found to be difficult.

All those little details made me want to cry as it got close to crunch time. I pretty much had to choose to forget a couple of them just so I could be 40 minutes late to the SC gathering at Otakon (which was, of course, over by then). T_T

Wish I was hitting another decent sized con this year so I could have another chance to run into SC cosplayers.

i-shinigami
08-21-2008, 10:25 AM
It was a LOT of little things. I'm still making a raphael costume to go with it. It's a lot of little things that you almost forget to do. Still haven't finished my wig, though. That's going to be a task. >_<

It has about 150 eyelets just on the coat and quite a few on the corset. Bloomers were quick but I had no instructions, just a pattern, so it took a little longer than it should have. I used leftover pleather from a previous costume but didn't have enough for the sleeves so had to find something *similar* since what I have was apparently discontinued. That took an extra couple of weeks considering I needed a coupon. I think you can't tell there's a difference but I haven't tried taking pictures to see. There was a lot of guessing involved with it and trial and error. I still think it turned out alright. :) I'm just really amazed you got yours done so fast! Mine took 2 months on & off.

Pocketfightr
08-21-2008, 11:44 AM
I had a friend butcher a simplicity pattern for me to make the coat thing while I worked on the bloomers and skirt. The fur was a pure lucky find (I was actually going to hand color white fur but on my second trip to Hancock to look for the coat material I just happened to spot that fur). I pretty much worked every hour I wasn't working/sleeping. I had taken the Wed. before the con off because we were going to drive and well... prior to that morning, I hadn't gotten further than a mock up of the coat. I worked non-stop that day until 3:30am Thursday (which was the time I was SUPPOSED to wake up and drive to my parents so mom could drive us to the airport). I still have bits of the black material in my carpet from doing all those grommets that night. I'll have to remake the skirt... there was no inner lining in the jacket and rather than using real boning, I used sew-in stuff... the raw edge on one side rubbed the skirt badly.

That sucks about not having enough material. Lighting in most cons is pretty bad, so I think even if the materials are only slightly different, you should be ok. Plus the area where the sleeves meet the coat is mostly covered in fur anyway, so that should help some.

i-shinigami
08-21-2008, 02:21 PM
True, I used pleather so I didn't need lining or boning. It stays up well on it's own. Haven't tried it all together yet, though. The corset laces up in the front and the back so it's a hassle to get on and off. I wanted cotton sateen for the skirt but went with kona cotton instead because it looked like it would hold up better. My bloomers are made of burgundy taffeta. I :heart: them. The fur I couldn't find the right color and the closest thing was $20/yd. My brother happened to have the right stuff (he's a furry) and let me have some for my coat. I worked on the coat and corset (twill with kona cotton lining) during down time at work as well. I used the tiny eyelets instead of larger grommets and I had all these little round pleather dots everywhere I went. >_<

Missha
08-21-2008, 04:05 PM
There's a sketch of it on here (http://flickr.com/photos/22513167@N04/2734808062/sizes/l/).

Thanks for the help, but I meant like this version here:
I can't find any pictures of it.

Talim vs. Sophi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-xaxbp8pk)

Hotaru230
08-25-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm looking at doing Setsuka P2, but probally not till later this year. In the game she doens't look as bad as those weird looking sketches in the art book. does anyone know where I can get pictures of her P2 from the game? I'm working on Cassandra P1 from SC3 right now. I want to get a friend of mine to do Setsuka P1, but I'm not really sure where to start with that. can I get any tips on that?

jaoqinchik
08-25-2008, 10:33 AM
I've been having trouble deciding who to cosplay. I've narrowed it down to Talim, Amy or Tira. But I don't think I would actually look good as Talim, so its more between Tira or Amy.

wingclipped
08-25-2008, 11:03 PM
I've been having trouble deciding who to cosplay. I've narrowed it down to Talim, Amy or Tira. But I don't think I would actually look good as Talim, so its more between Tira or Amy.

Feel free to ignore me (seeing as how I'm offering my totally unasked for two cents) but I totally think you'd make a fantastic Amy. I saw the avatar you have up for your Mrs. Lovett costume here http://www.cosplay.com/costume/149175/ and thought immediately that you'd be perfect for the character.

Demon Doll
08-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Hoping to get a Tira (sorry if i miss spelled x.o) together one of these days. I love her new outfit! And I don't need to do much with my hair, seeing that her's is brown for the outfit I'm hoping on doing. She's so cute yet a total b****! I love it! lol

Nygenx
08-27-2008, 01:02 PM

Its a very small and bad picture, but here is a link. http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Sc4_pub_ss_talim2_080619_002.jpg

I'm considering doing either Kilik (Hard with intricate detail) or Maxi (Total Man-Whoreness). I'm still somewhat undecided on what to do. Either way a friend of mine will be making most of the cosplay for me, because the physical construction is waaay out of my skill league. I would totally be scared of ripping my crotch seam if I were to make maxi's costume :P.

Does anyone have a picture of Maxi's back, or a clear shot of his pant leg decal that I'd have to ink?

Suggestions / comments / flaming for picking a man-whore appreciated.

Pocketfightr
08-29-2008, 02:53 PM

Honestly, I think you could do either Tira or Amy well from the icon wingclipped mentioned. My thought is more Tira because she's a bit more crazy looking and well Mrs. Lovette is a bit more crazy looking.

i-shinigami- Yea, I wanted to use pleather for my Amy but none of the local stores had a decent one. I ended up with peached polyester which... I would totally use again for something else in the future. It has a slight shine to it but is also a bit soft to the touch. I didn't have a small grommet tool so it was big grommets for me (but I wanted to have the same number she had, so I had to do some math to make sure they'd fit... not something I suggest doing late the night before a trip). I think my bloomers and skirt were a casa satin. Good job on the lucky find for the fur. Can't wait to see pictures! I'm hoping to fix up Amy more for a local con so I have better pictures to post.

i-shinigami
08-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Casa satin is a nice material for the bloomers. I just love taffeta and was glad to find some scrap clearance fabric that was perfect (yay me!)! It was hard to match up pleather for mine. It's still not exactly matching up with the pic I think but it still looks good. Her eyelets look smaller to me but I think I got waaay more than intended in the pictures. I had some eyelets not line up on one of my sleeves (not too noticeable until I got the lacing started) so I had to take it apart and re-sew it. It was a task but better than making another sleeve and adding eyelets. >_<

jaoqinchik
08-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Well I decided that I will be Tira (yay!) and my friend is going to be Amy's player 2 costume.
Of course me being the way I am I haven't decided on Tira's player 1 of player 2 costume yet so I might just tackled both.

Kinda started working on the player 1 costume, I bought some muslin to make a mockup and pattern.
Does anyone have any advice for what kind of fabric I should use for the main body (the red stripped part) of the outfit?

To me it kind of looks like suede or velvet.

Amara Dolce
08-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Its a very small and bad picture, but here is a link. http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Sc4_pub_ss_talim2_080619_002.jpg

I'm considering doing either Kilik (Hard with intricate detail) or Maxi (Total Man-Whoreness). I'm still somewhat undecided on what to do. Either way a friend of mine will be making most of the cosplay for me, because the physical construction is waaay out of my skill league. I would totally be scared of ripping my crotch seam if I were to make maxi's costume :P.

Does anyone have a picture of Maxi's back, or a clear shot of his pant leg decal that I'd have to ink?

Suggestions / comments / flaming for picking a man-whore appreciated.

Either character would be awesome. I did find a few pictures of Maxi here.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/soulcaliburiv/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs%3Bimages&page=9

I couldn't find any good ones with his pant decal but there is one with a clear view of his back. Of course this only helps if you are doing his p1. Hope this helps a little!

LadiesMan217
08-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Well I decided that I will be Tira (yay!) and my friend is going to be Amy's player 2 costume.
Of course me being the way I am I haven't decided on Tira's player 1 of player 2 costume yet so I might just tackled both.

Kinda started working on the player 1 costume, I bought some muslin to make a mockup and pattern.
Does anyone have any advice for what kind of fabric I should use for the main body (the red stripped part) of the outfit?

To me it kind of looks like suede or velvet.

I would love to see it in velvet. Thats what it looks like to me in the game and I think it would look really pretty and authentic if you used velvet.

Nygenx
08-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Either caracter would be awesome. I did find a few pictures of Maxi here.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/soulcaliburiv/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs%3Bimages&page=9

I couldn't find any good ones with his pant decal but there is one with a clear view of his back. Of course this only helps if you are doing his p1. Hope this helps a little!

I will be doing Maxi's P1 costume ^_^. Thanks alot for the good reference shot.
I'll have to commandeer my friends 360 and capture high res shots of his leg decal with my pc video capture card. Probably sometime next month.

Sheik Chan
08-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Hello all.. ^~^

Finally, after years of loving Soul Calibur games...I've chosen one to actually cosplay. While Nightmare is my favorite character to play, I don't do crossplay...lol..and definitely not him. So i've decided to cosplay as Kamikirimusi, because of her beast-like self...and huge weapon..mwuahaha :D!!!!!!!
I was thinking of the blue version, but I think I'll go with the black and red one. I love the wraps on her legs with the handprints, and I get to carry around a huge stick with spikes...so I'm pretty excited about this. My best friend will be cosplaying Tira..!

dorkasaur
09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
the apprentice from the force unleashed who was included into soul caliber4.
i reeeealllly want to cosplay as him.
but i don't have the guts to shave my head or have money to buy a wig.
so i guess i'll be having short black hair even though it's totally inaccurate.

Revolver Ocelot
09-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I would also like to be the Apprentice since well... I am very knowledgeable of the force XD haha plus my friend wants to be Vader and we're always cosplaying together and well we've done Star Wars Once and we both bought SC IV for the PS3 and well we both thought it would be a great Idea since he is taller than me and what not and I'm younger and faster BUT I just never made a jedi cosplay I've been a Bounty Hunter but thats it..(Jango Fett) Any ideas where I can get sum help? I will also be goin' as Gray Fox from MGS It is about 15% done soo far and that is well the helmet it has been made the suit is what I'm workin' on along side with a friend. if u wanna see pics of it let me know and I'll post em' up. OH and this would be for AX 09

Captain Scarlet
09-01-2008, 06:56 PM
How about you guys wait until the force unleashed comes out, he might have tons of different outfits you'll like better.

Revolver Ocelot
09-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm happy with da one he has in da game =]

Zaiten
09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Woo, hello everyone. My friend asked me to make them a Seong Mi-Na cosplay for them, Player 1. It's a beautiful cosplay and it's going to take me a long time to make them one ( and probably myself one since I'll probably want to keep it when I'm done. xD ) Now I've pretty much picked out the types of fabrics I'm going to use.. but as for the flower design on her skirt thingie, I'm debating on how to do it. I think in order to get to nice fading on the petals and everything I'm betting on using various shades of paints to get the effect. ( I'm an excellent painter, an oil painted landscapes for years so I'm very good at shading. ) And then using a gold paint to edge the whole thing. Does everyone here think that's a good idea?

hanamaru
09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
I just got a look at all the new character designs for SC4.. and I would love to do Tira's new costume. She's my favorite character. ^^ Another character that really got me thinking was Ashlotte.. her design is amazing, and would make an awesome cosplay!

Revolver Ocelot
09-05-2008, 08:31 PM
well this one will die pretty soon unless WE start on our cosplays xD sooo lets get to it!

effervescence
09-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Hey all! I posted awhile back asking for Kamikirisumi reference photos annnnd I finished the costume! So to help bring this thread back to life because this is an awesome game with really beautiful and detailed character designs, I thought I'd post a picture.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/effervescenceX/DSC_0507a.jpg?t=1220764429

Not the greatest photo ever but it shows the costume the best. I'll be working on Amy next, as well as another (I uh, absolutely love these designs, its alittle sad). I hope I did Kami justice!

Sheik Chan
09-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey all! I posted awhile back asking for Kamikirisumi reference photos annnnd I finished the costume! So to help bring this thread back to life because this is an awesome game with really beautiful and detailed character designs, I thought I'd post a picture.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/effervescenceX/DSC_0507a.jpg?t=1220764429

Not the greatest photo ever but it shows the costume the best. I'll be working on Amy next, as well as another (I uh, absolutely love these designs, its alittle sad). I hope I did Kami justice!

Eeee...Awesome~ I'm doing that version of Kamikirimusi too! My best friend and I are joining up with our friends in LA to do a Soul Calibur IV girls group (With one girl crossplaying as Raphael) for AnimeExpo :D!!! You're right about it having beautiful character/costume designs and details. :) Good job on your Kamikirimusi.

sazumebachi
09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
O:O zomg i want to do kamimirimusi also!! maybe you could give me some tips!!!

Pocketfightr
09-07-2008, 09:56 PM

Looks great! What did you use to make the flame designs? Details like that always throw me for a loop.

Amara Dolce
09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
I know a lot of people where asking for pictures of each characters 2p costumes, well I stumbled upon this page the other day. They aren't exactly full body shots, but they do show a lot of detail. All you have to do is click the pictures.

http://www.fortunecross.com/soulcalibur4/index.html

Hope this helps anyone out!

TransurrealisTristan
09-08-2008, 08:09 PM
I bet there are people who want P1 costumes on here,so I'll link you a good linkie:

http://soulcaliburuniverse.com (Soul Calibur Universe)

If you go to BaneWolf's CAS site,they have a link to a few good sites and one of them will take you to a gallery that has SCIV P1 outfits.

Amara Dolce,many kudos for that link as well.I have a feeling I'm going to need it someday...

Revolver Ocelot
09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey rian the link didn't work for me.. 0_0

sazumebachi
09-09-2008, 02:21 AM
well i started on kamikirimusi and im altering a witches rhobe that i got from Halloween and i cut the battle damaged sleeve on the wrong side :P it doesn't have to be perfect right?

Sheik Chan
09-09-2008, 04:04 AM
well i started on kamikirimusi and im altering a witches rhobe that i got from Halloween and i cut the battle damaged sleeve on the wrong side :P it doesn't have to be perfect right?

Aww...XD! I remember I had done something opposite for one of my cosplays too..I forgot what it was..but when I was done I was like, "Oops..forgot to mirror it >____>"

TransurrealisTristan
09-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Hey rian the link didn't work for me.. 0_0

Huh.Well,type it into Google and head from there.I'm very bad in hyperlinking through these boards...^^;

Revolver Ocelot
09-09-2008, 11:45 PM
ehh damn me and my laziness.. i just wonder how i get cosplays done XD hahaha any guys here start on their SC IV cosplays yet?

i-shinigami
09-10-2008, 10:56 AM
<<<<finished except for sword! :heart:

Con's in about a week, doubt I'll be posting pictures before then because of school so it'll have to wait.

Nygenx
09-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Currently working out to get into shape to cosplay Maxi. He looks pretty damn spartan T_T (unlike me). I'm also inking the design on his legs so I can get it made into a decal. Aside from that, the rest will have to wait a while.

effervescence
09-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Looks great! What did you use to make the flame designs? Details like that always throw me for a loop.

It's acrylic paint! I spent a long time searching for high res screen shots, then got all of them together and printed them out. I then drew the outline for the flames on each section with a red fabric pen and proceeded to paint the red. It took two layers for the red, one as a 'base', the other to give it a more realistic flame look.

The yellow suprisingly only took one thick coat.

I prefere acrylic paint over fabric paint because it lays thicker, dries faster, and I'm used to working with it.

Pocketfightr
09-12-2008, 08:31 AM
It's acrylic paint! I spent a long time searching for high res screen shots, then got all of them together and printed them out. I then drew the outline for the flames on each section with a red fabric pen and proceeded to paint the red. It took two layers for the red, one as a 'base', the other to give it a more realistic flame look.

The yellow suprisingly only took one thick coat.

I prefere acrylic paint over fabric paint because it lays thicker, dries faster, and I'm used to working with it.

It looks great, I couldn't tell it was paint!

KimiChizuchan
09-12-2008, 08:52 AM
-raises hand- I'm working out for Seong Mi-Na...I don't have anywhere -near- her level of abs. xD My friends and I are actually doing a group with Setsuka, Ashlotte, Amy, Raphael, and Seong Mi-na...but I don't know if I'll actually manage starting on the costume until fall next year.

They were trying to get me to be Ivy, and I am kind of thinking about it, but...eehh. Her Player 2 costume is gorgeous, and it tempts me..but then, so does Hilde's Player 2 costume, and Cassandra's Player 2 costume. XD

Oh! I might be making Cervantes for my brother...just out of pure, unbridled masochism. Though Mitsurugi would suit bim better...

Sheik Chan
09-13-2008, 03:08 AM
Ohhh~ My friends are going to be doing a group too.. n__n I'm not sure what they all will be as, but so far we have a Tira, Kamikirimusi(Me),Amy(Maybe),Sophitia(maybe),Hilde, Raphael..annd...Not sure who else *maybe a Xiangua...A lot of maybe's because some aren't sure if they can make it yet. It will be for AnimeExpo, which is a year away XD!!!!

Anywaaaaaay~Hope to see more progress pics of everyone's costumes ^-^ I won't be starting on my Kamikirimusi until I finish some other stuff.

i-shinigami
09-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Ok, I finally uploaded a really fuzzy cellphone pic of my amy coat and corset. It's under my 2008 progress pics. BEHOLD! :P

Amara Dolce
09-13-2008, 01:13 PM
i-shinigami, Despite the picture being a bit blurry, I can tell that it looks really great. You did a good job.

effervescence
09-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi all, me again! I posted my final picture of Kamikirmusi and decided to do full "how I made you!" thing on it, so..

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1720477/

For anyone working on her who was curious about anything. I'm contemplating between Amy and someone else right now for my next Soul Calibur IV costume.

petski
09-13-2008, 07:52 PM
i_shinigami, I agree with Amara_dolce. Fuzzy picture but looks awesome.

Pocketfightr
09-14-2008, 10:19 AM
i_shinigami, I also agree... from what I can see, it looks great. Can't wait to see a clear picture of it.

i-shinigami
09-14-2008, 10:23 AM
thanks! We're going to the con next weekend so we'll get plenty of pics of it. :)

Amara Dolce
09-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Omg, I swear my mom is secretly tempting me to make an Amy cosplay. First she goes to an antique store with a friend and comes back with some things. One is this beautiful satin lined fur collar. It is a darkish gray and white so it suits her p2 costume so well. Too bad it doesn't fit all around, because it would have been perfect!
(Sorry to bore everyone with the story! I thought it would be interesting since we were on the topic of Amy cosplays.)

i-shinigami
09-14-2008, 11:02 AM
yeah, I love the player 2 version of her outfits. If I had seen that first I probably would have made that!

jaoqinchik
09-15-2008, 03:00 PM
anyone have tips for making the puffy leg on Tira's pants?? I'm having some trouble figuring it out?

i-shinigami
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Probably gathering at the knee would be your best bet. Make them a little wider than you normally would and about 6 inches below your knee and gather it to where it fits where it's supposed to and poof it out.

summerres
09-17-2008, 11:23 AM
i didnt see anyone wanting to do sophitia.. or did i miss it. im in phase 1 of my sophita costume. do you guys think that a silk would be better then a transparent gause - type dress?
l

summerres
09-17-2008, 11:29 AM
anyone have tips for making the puffy leg on Tira's pants?? I'm having some trouble figuring it out?

you could stuff them with a stiff fabric?

keli
09-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Hmmm....my friend and I have decided to go as Karikirimusi and Amy.
I love Karikirimusi outfit and hair and all that. Not quite sure how her leggings will work though. Any suggestions? If only they weren't like a wrap. Also about her giant necklace of doom. lol
Reference:
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/kamikirimusi-in-soul-calibur-4.jpg

Sheik Chan
09-18-2008, 12:23 PM
I love Karikirimusi outfit and hair and all that. Not quite sure how her leggings will work though. Any suggestions? If only they weren't like a wrap. Also about her giant necklace of doom. lol
Reference:
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/kamikirimusi-in-soul-calibur-4.jpg

I'm doing Kamikirimusi too, just not working on it until next year. ^-^; Buuuutt...what I'm going to do for my legging/wraps is buy dancer tights that go up to the thigh (I will make sure they're a nice cotton) and sew or glue on wraps.. because I have done wraps twice for characters and it SUCKS having to deal with wrapping them up legs..ughhhhhh let me tell you X___X! Also, this way with them being stuck to the leggings...you can keep the handprints on there knowing they won't me mis-aligned? I don't know, this is just my idea for what I plan to do ^^!!

I don't know if I will make her necklace as big, I kind of find it unflattering. @__@

i-shinigami
09-18-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm doing Kamikirimusi too, just not working on it until next year. ^-^; Buuuutt...what I'm going to do for my legging/wraps is buy dancer tights that go up to the thigh (I will make sure they're a nice cotton) and sew or glue on wraps.. because I have done wraps twice for characters and it SUCKS having to deal with wrapping them up legs..ughhhhhh let me tell you X___X! Also, this way with them being stuck to the leggings...you can keep the handprints on there knowing they won't me mis-aligned? I don't know, this is just my idea for what I plan to do ^^!!

I don't know if I will make her necklace as big, I kind of find it unflattering. @__@

I saw a pic recently of someone in that costume who did that. Don't remember if she was on this thread but she used a spray adhesive to attach the bandages because they wouldn't stay up. Looked good. I don't know how difficult it would be to get them on a second time with hose being stretchy and the bandages not, though.

jaoqinchik
09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
i didnt see anyone wanting to do sophitia.. or did i miss it. im in phase 1 of my sophita costume. do you guys think that a silk would be better then a transparent gause - type dress?
l

Since it looks like its a couple of layers, maybe you could do a layer of silk with one or two layers of silky gauze. I think that effect could be pretty

effervescence
09-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Reference:

I'm the Kamikirimusi cosplayer mentioned above; I put on sheer to waist tights, and then used Super 77 (a spray adhesive) to glue the bandages to my legs. Worked wonders; I was able to move about without worrying about them slipping down from the weight (which is why I prefere the full nude tights over leggings). The draw back is that it is a one time use sort of thing but I didn't mind as the whole costume takes so long to get on, it isn't something i'll be wearing a whole lot.

Sheik Chan
09-18-2008, 11:48 PM
I saw a pic recently of someone in that costume who did that. Don't remember if she was on this thread but she used a spray adhesive to attach the bandages because they wouldn't stay up. Looked good. I don't know how difficult it would be to get them on a second time with hose being stretchy and the bandages not, though.

Oh, I'm not using bandages, I'm using stretchy fabric with the cotton tights so they all stretch together. Some people who do Sheik from LoZ use this method...so it must work. If I find another way though, I might try it. Whatever...stays up..is all I care T__T

13Kai-Kai
09-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Alright I'm officially doing Cassandras' p2 outfit from IV. I've started looking for patterns that I can work with and contemplating what kind of fabric I want to use. Luckily I have a few reference pics saved to my computer.
This is so much fun though! I'm gonna make more of my own costumes in the future ^_^

@summerres- I will be doing Sophitias' outfit at some point. It's soooo pretty!

Icey
09-19-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm probably going to be doing Ashlotte some time next year. It would be cool if I could get it done for Ohayocon, but we'll see how my schedule goes. The con being at the end of January instead of the beginning next year definitely helps. I'll have to get creative on how to get the black skirt to stay flared since the hoop skirt is on the outside. It looks like it's attached to the frame with little metal loops, but I don't know how much hammocking that would cause. Any ideas?

Amara Dolce
09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I thought this thread could use a bit of a bump.

I'm really happy, after countless hours of searching for the perfect beads (and having to dismantle and paint some to make them correct) and searching for correct yarn, I was able to complete Xianghua's belt. It was really fun to do, but my mom had to help me with the flower design because it ended up being harder than I thought. Then I just had to make the little puff ball at the end.
I'm not sure what I will work on next... maybe her choker or the flower in her hair.

effervescence
09-24-2008, 03:03 AM
I'm probably going to be doing Ashlotte some time next year. It would be cool if I could get it done for Ohayocon, but we'll see how my schedule goes. The con being at the end of January instead of the beginning next year definitely helps. I'll have to get creative on how to get the black skirt to stay flared since the hoop skirt is on the outside. It looks like it's attached to the frame with little metal loops, but I don't know how much hammocking that would cause. Any ideas?

Maybe some boning or an interfacing between the outer layer and the lining.

Her skirt is like HUGE, so getting it to hold that shape will take some work. Another idea, is depending on what you're using to make the hoop skirt, just have the hoop skirt attacked in spots to the inner skirt that way it goes out like it should without you having to kill yourself with massive amounts of boning or interfacing.

Just my thoughts! Hope they helped!

i-shinigami
09-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, I finally uploaded some pics of my amy cosplay (and my fiance's raphael). You can check them out under my amy costume pics or my awa 2008 pics.

Srayb_Aniar
09-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Question about Xianghua's jacket:

What material(s) should I use for her jacket?
I know I should probably post this in the general help section but I got no help there and figured y'all might know.

Emi's_Rage
09-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm going as both Amy 2P and Talim for Sakura-Con 2009... But I need MORE reference pictures of Amy. I don't own the game anymore so I wasn't even able to take pictures...if anyone has pictures of Amy and Talim, please PM them to me, or post them as a reply... I'll give credit to those responsible of course!

i-shinigami
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
I got all mine from google except a pic of the back of the coat. You can just google "Amy soul calibur"

Pocketfightr
09-28-2008, 08:06 PM
i-shinigami, what wig did you use for your Amy? It looks great! I want to get a wig for my Amy (my hair didn't keep the red color long and if I want to do it again I should just get a wig). I've been stumped on what wig to get (I can never tell which ones are full enough for pulling up into pony tails/pig tails).

Both costumes turned out wonderful! :)

i-shinigami
09-28-2008, 08:16 PM
The wig I used was about 36" long and straight. I got it used because I couldn't find anything that color in that length and was lucky with that one. We also used styrofoam cones and lots of wire (strong enough to hold the shape) to make the pigtails. I had to use some wefts to fill in the back b/c it was kind of thin and had weird wefting to put it in pigtails. Just finding a 34-38" long with med/long bangs that is a good thickness will work. Otherwise be sure you can find matching wefts for it. My wig is color 130 according to charts.

Emi's_Rage
09-29-2008, 06:53 AM
I got all mine from google except a pic of the back of the coat. You can just google "Amy soul calibur"

LOL sorry, what I meant to say was I need more reference pictures of Amy's player @ costume... there's plenty with her Purple/Red but I'm looking for the Black and White version. I foud a few SMALL ones but I need bigger... Since they're exactly the same it would be easy if I knew which parts to color-swap, but unfortunately I don't :( anywho, thanks to anyone who can help!

i-shinigami
09-29-2008, 06:58 AM
ok, I misunderstood, sorry. >_< Player 2 is an awesome set. If I had known about it before I started, that's what I would have picked. I'll see if I can get some screenshots for you.

JanKenPon
09-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Soul Calibur costumes are becoming more and more complex... at this rate i will never be able to cosplay new outfits.. except from the ancient Soul Blade (Edge)

Emi's_Rage
09-29-2008, 08:08 AM
ok, I misunderstood, sorry. >_< Player 2 is an awesome set. If I had known about it before I started, that's what I would have picked. I'll see if I can get some screenshots for you.

OMG, thank you soooo much!!!

Icey
09-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Maybe some boning or an interfacing between the outer layer and the lining.

Her skirt is like HUGE, so getting it to hold that shape will take some work. Another idea, is depending on what you're using to make the hoop skirt, just have the hoop skirt attacked in spots to the inner skirt that way it goes out like it should without you having to kill yourself with massive amounts of boning or interfacing.

Just my thoughts! Hope they helped!
Thanks for the suggestions. I was toying around with similar ideas to see what would work and what wouldn't. I guess it really depends on what kind of fabric I choose and how heavy it is.

jaoqinchik
09-30-2008, 09:00 PM
So today I decided to take some of the different kinds of white fabric I have lying around and make the collar for Tira's 2p costume. I've made the smaller frilly part so far and and its super cute :)

Amara Dolce
10-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Hey guys, I finally uploaded some pics of my amy cosplay (and my fiance's raphael). You can check them out under my amy costume pics or my awa 2008 pics.

You two look great. Both costumes look really elegant together. Thats the first IV Raphael I've seen and I like your wig. I'm going to have to leave some comments soon!

i-shinigami
10-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks!

LawliPop
10-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm in the process of making a Talim costume from SC4. ^-^

And I have a quick question, if anyone can help! I'm trying to figure out how to get the hairpiece (not the hat, but the circular piece) to stay in the ponytail of the wig? It's too big to just slide over the ponytail.
Any suggestions? ^^;

Sheik Chan
10-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm in the process of making a Talim costume from SC4. ^-^

And I have a quick question, if anyone can help! I'm trying to figure out how to get the hairpiece (not the hat, but the circular piece) to stay in the ponytail of the wig? It's too big to just slide over the ponytail.
Any suggestions? ^^;

Is there a way you could glue a clip on the inside, so it clips onto the hair..but no one will see it? :O

LawliPop
10-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Is there a way you could glue a clip on the inside, so it clips onto the hair..but no one will see it? :O

That's a good idea, thank you! I'll have to go buy some clips XD but I will definitely try that. Thanks again! ^^

Keika_Strife
10-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I know a lot of people where asking for pictures of each characters 2p costumes, well I stumbled upon this page the other day. They aren't exactly full body shots, but they do show a lot of detail. All you have to do is click the pictures.

http://www.fortunecross.com/soulcalibur4/index.html

Hope this helps anyone out!

T~T Omg I love you. I've been trying to find decent pictures for my friends who are doing p2 costumes (I'm doing p1 Tira) and this is perfect. Thank you so much!

:burger:

Sheik Chan
10-09-2008, 05:55 PM
I have about 45 % done on Kamikirimusi! I'm happy ~.~

Finished the obi/bow last night and also baked some clay to make my horns. I am working on the wrapped leggings today. My friend should be coming OVER to help =O *Cough*Keika*cough*...so she can use her hands to do the red hand prints on the leg wraps. XD!! I also got the rope for one ankle, and I need to work on the bead thing. o0;

Amara Dolce
10-09-2008, 09:57 PM
T~T Omg I love you. I've been trying to find decent pictures for my friends who are doing p2 costumes (I'm doing p1 Tira) and this is perfect. Thank you so much!

:burger:

I am really glad to hear this helped you out. This link has proved very useful! Ooo can't wait to see theirs and your Tira.

Sheik Chan
10-09-2008, 11:52 PM
I uploaded a progress pic of what I did yesterday and today ^~^!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1764136/ <-- For my Kamikirimusi. o-o;

summerres
10-15-2008, 08:56 AM
im torn between wanting to stuff the shirt/bra of sophitia so i could maybe fake the bigger breasts, or just doing the best i can with what i got.... any one have an idea on which would be better? if i was going to fake it i would most likely use sculpted foam or some such thing...
l

baka-chan
10-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey everyone =)

I'm planning to do Setsuka P1 for next year..

My hairstyle now actually works really well for Setsuka's hair. I have the bangs to clip up, and my hair is naturally pretty straight. All I need is a bit of length which shouldn't be a problem since Anime North is still many months away.

HOWEVER!

My hair is naturally black, although I have it dyed now, it's still dark brown! And Setsuka just HAD to go blonde for SC4 -__-.
I'm hesitant to get a wig because the way that Setsuka puts her hair up, particularly in the front, I'm afraid that the wig edges will show. (I don't have experience with wigs for cosplay =\ will the edges actually show if I pulled up the bangs to clip like that?)
Seeing as how my hair can be styled up just like hers, I feel like I should just stick with my own hair.. so it looks more natural. My parents will probably kill me if I dyed my hair platinum blonde -_-, so bleaching is out of the question. The lightest I can dye my hair without my parents yelling at me is probably a walnut colour?

What should I do *-*?
Any other suggestions, you guys =(?

Good luck on your cosplays, by the way =) can't wait to see them!

Missha
10-16-2008, 10:19 PM
:D !

THAT'S the Talim I wanted to do!

Talim Player2 (http://www.fortunecross.com/soulcalibur4/images/talim/2p_001.jpg)

But right now, I'm just getting Talim from SC2 done...but I'd love love love to have that outfit =]

Sheik Chan
10-21-2008, 04:00 PM
im torn between wanting to stuff the shirt/bra of sophitia so i could maybe fake the bigger breasts, or just doing the best i can with what i got.... any one have an idea on which would be better? if i was going to fake it i would most likely use sculpted foam or some such thing...
l

I say work with what you got, unless you just want to do the balloon thing for a joke or something lol...xD

Sheik Chan
10-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm finishing my huuuuge bat...stick thing for Kamikirimusi today at my friends!!! It's already looking pretty awesome and powerful. :D!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post update pics asap! ^-^

jaoqinchik
10-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm making good progess on player 2 Tira!
I founf the most beautiful green satin that's the perfect color for her top
I'll try and get some pictures together soon.

Kirara_Power
10-23-2008, 08:34 PM
WELL~
I'm in the middle of making player 1 Raphael and Amy costumes, then I'll move on to Siegfried and Hilde (Either p2 Siegfried or SCIII, and artbook!p2 Hilde), and after that will be p1 Yoshimitsu and p2 Tira. ^_^
For once not ALL of the girls are totally skanky! I love it!

Nefeline
10-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Damn. Why do SC-characters alway have to look awesome? O_O
I haven't even started on SC III Tira, whom I had planned for a long time now, then SC IV and Kamikirimusi popped up. And I couldn't resist.

I started working on her Kimono this week and finished the basic form this evening.
Tomorrow I'm going to start painting the flames on and hopefully finish them this weekend, so I can finally begin with the most painstaking part: hand-embroider the yellow outlines. *shudders* o_O

Well.. anyways, here is what I have so far: Kimono progress (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/DarthBetty/KamikirimusiKimonoBasic.jpg)
(nope, it's not mottled... only the flash makes the texture of the fabric look a bit weird. :untrust: )

Sheik Chan
10-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Damn. Why do SC-characters alway have to look awesome? O_O
I haven't even started on SC III Tira, whom I had planned for a long time now, then SC IV and Kamikirimusi popped up. And I couldn't resist.

I started working on her Kimono this week and finished the basic form this evening.
Tomorrow I'm going to start painting the flames on and hopefully finish them this weekend, so I can finally begin with the most painstaking part: hand-embroider the yellow outlines. *shudders* o_O

Well.. anyways, here is what I have so far: Kimono progress (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/DarthBetty/KamikirimusiKimonoBasic.jpg)
(nope, it's not mottled... only the flash makes the texture of the fabric look a bit weird. :untrust: )

Wow. It looks good! I got everything BUT the kimono and wig done. @_@;

TurtleJill
11-04-2008, 10:30 AM
I just finished my Amy costume. I trial wore it at Youmacon. I have some adjustments to do before ACen. I need stiffer corset bones and a little help on the trim on her thigh highs.

Those than have done Amy, what did you do about the ribbon trim that's on her thigh highs? I can't find a good way to make them stay on or a way of attaching them.

RedSonya
11-05-2008, 10:17 AM
I am planning a Voldo cosplay (http://kiyong.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/voldo.jpg) from SCII. And I found a great way to do it. I saw on Cure Cosplay Community site that this person (http://en.curecos.com/picture/detail?id=2326629) wore a full spandex suit of Voldo's skin color and worked from there. The problem is, how would you be able to see. White bandages on top of spandex seems blinding. The would seem to be my only issue.

Amara Dolce
11-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey guys. I just found two great sites that have a few of the characters 2p costumes. Since I know pictures are hard to find for them.

(First site)
http://www.whatswithinyoursoul.com/gallery/?gallery_id=155
There are 2p pics for Yun-Seong, Xianghua, Setsuka, Hilde and Talim.
Also a few pics of some 1p costumes too.

(Second site)
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080725/sc4.htm
If you scroll down a bit you will find some pics of the main characters 2p.

Sheik Chan
11-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey guys. I just found two great sites that have a few of the characters 2p costumes. Since I know pictures are hard to find for them.

(First site)
http://www.whatswithinyoursoul.com/gallery/?gallery_id=155
There are 2p pics for Yun-Seong, Xianghua, Setsuka, Hilde and Talim.
Also a few pics of some 1p costumes too.

(Second site)
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080725/sc4.htm
If you scroll down a bit you will find some pics of the main characters 2p.

Oohhhh THANK YOU!!! the second link had awesome shots that I've never seen of Kamikirimusi! Helps a lot. =o

i-shinigami
11-10-2008, 08:33 PM
I just finished my Amy costume. I trial wore it at Youmacon. I have some adjustments to do before ACen. I need stiffer corset bones and a little help on the trim on her thigh highs.

Those than have done Amy, what did you do about the ribbon trim that's on her thigh highs? I can't find a good way to make them stay on or a way of attaching them.

I made separate garters with elastic, lace and ribbon. That was the best way to make it work with the stretch. I suggest you stretch the elastic as you sew the ribbon and the lace on so it will stretch out right. Be sure you add seam allowance.

TurtleJill
11-17-2008, 09:46 AM
I made separate garters with elastic, lace and ribbon. That was the best way to make it work with the stretch. I suggest you stretch the elastic as you sew the ribbon and the lace on so it will stretch out right. Be sure you add seam allowance.

So would you recommend making a pocket at the top where I can slide in the elastic or straight sewing it onto the top trim of the stocking.

i-shinigami
11-17-2008, 12:31 PM
I didn't attach it to the stocking. I made garters and slipped theme over the stockings after I put them on. Also made them stay up better.

I sewed the ribbon straight to elastic I measured to stretch over my thigh. You need to stretch the elastic as you sew the ribbon on it. Then sew the ribbon onto the back of the garter (stretched again).

EmptyRose
11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone!
Ok so im cosplaying Amy p1 with my friend whose doing Sophitia. My natural hair color is almost perfect for Amy except I just had to cut it short before I decided to cosplay her. >.>
Does anyone know if there are some sort of pigtail things that you could just clip on to your hair? I would have to grow the back out a lot so I could part it.

If thats not possible then how do I go about making her gravity defying curls with a wig?

I'm planning on getting everything done over Christmas break and iv got her corset and I'm ordering the boots in awhile.

LizardMandy
12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I am planning a Voldo cosplay (http://kiyong.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/voldo.jpg) from SCII. And I found a great way to do it. I saw on Cure Cosplay Community site that this person (http://en.curecos.com/picture/detail?id=2326629) wore a full spandex suit of Voldo's skin color and worked from there. The problem is, how would you be able to see. White bandages on top of spandex seems blinding. The would seem to be my only issue.

A lot of mascot costumers use a stiff material called buckram (usually used for hats) that you can see through for eyes. White is probably going to have a bit of a glare to it, and make sure you find some with a mesh wide enough for you to see through (pick it up an look through it before you buy it) but that might work.

Already did an Olcadan once, but re-doing it to be better with more accuracy. I'm not sure if I'm glad or upset that Olcy didn't make it into Soul Calibur IV. He's definitely a favorite for me, but now I don't need to work with an entirely new costume design to make him. XD

Thrilled though that Lizard Man is still around, I've been terrified since Soul Calibur that he would be tossed aside and delighted that he's been in every game since then. Still meaning to get around to a Lizard Man costume one of these days, his SC IV look might be the one I attempt. Likin' the savage beast aspect of it.

jaoqinchik
12-02-2008, 02:46 PM
does anyone have any advice on how to make the puffy sleeves for Tira's player 2 costume? I'm having trouble figuring it out and how to attach them to the top

liivingdeadgirl
12-05-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm working on Kamikirimusi (I noticed a couple others were as well). I've got the kimono top and wrap skirt done (Not painted though). I was wondering if anyone had an tips for how to burn the fabric for the scarf...you know, without me setting MYSELF on fire. ^_^

Aoichan065
12-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Hello everyone! I'm going to be cosplaying as Tira (her default red costume) and I was wondering what materials would be good to make it? It seems pretty thick... And what would be a good way to make her weapon?

Aoichan065
12-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Hi everyone!
Ok so im cosplaying Amy p1 with my friend whose doing Sophitia. My natural hair color is almost perfect for Amy except I just had to cut it short before I decided to cosplay her. >.>
Does anyone know if there are some sort of pigtail things that you could just clip on to your hair? I would have to grow the back out a lot so I could part it.

If thats not possible then how do I go about making her gravity defying curls with a wig?

I'm planning on getting everything done over Christmas break and iv got her corset and I'm ordering the boots in awhile. Well, this is just a guess, but you could wrap the hair from the wig around a cone and use hair spray or some wig wax. :]

Nefeline
12-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm working on Kamikirimusi (I noticed a couple others were as well). I've got the kimono top and wrap skirt done (Not painted though). I was wondering if anyone had an tips for how to burn the fabric for the scarf...you know, without me setting MYSELF on fire. ^_^

If you really wanna try, just be careful enough. ;)

I finished her scarf last weekend and I tried burning it too, but it looked kind of weird and much too clean. o_O . In the end I just ripped and tore up the ends using scissors, a rasp and sanding paper to totally frazzle the fabric. Oddly enough the add of a little bit of black and white fabric paint made it look a lot more dirty, used and burned than really burning it down.

Of course it also depends on what kind of fabric you are using..

edit: now that I think about it.. maybe you could try to soak the scarf in water, leave the ends (or whatever you want to burn) dry, take it outside to a safe place and set the dry parts on fire... And make sure to have a pail of water ready, just in case.. ^^

themarchingoboe
12-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey everyone! While searching around for pictures and things for my Amy costume, I came upon this site that shows the endings of each character in high def! There are some really good back shots for most characters and the high def means everything's really clear. Here's the link to the first video. The rest are in the box on the right, underneath the video. Hope this helps!

Also, I have a theory about Amy's hair that I want to know what you all think about it. I think I'm going to attempt it by buying an Innocent wig from Amphigory (http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_innocent.html) in 130, straightening out the curls, sticking a wire and maybe some batting in between each pigtail (like a sandwich with hair on the outside, then batting then wire, then batting then hair again - I can see it in my head, but it's really hard to describe) and hairspraying the heck out of it. Then I'd wrap it around a styrofoam cone and hairspray some more. Two questions:

Would this work (more or less...)? Would I need to glue the hair to the support or will hairspray work?
What strength/sort of wire should i use? I want something that bends relatively easy but is sturdy enough to not sag by the end of the day...any suggestions?

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of trial and error with this costume :D Good thing I'm planning WAY ahead.

jaoqinchik
12-11-2008, 06:05 PM
I finally put up some progress pics for Tira's player 2 costume! They're in my gallery under Soul Calibur IP

R1KKu
12-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Question for anyone doing Kamikirimusi (1p). Have you considered lining the kimono top? When I printed out reference images I noticed that the inside looks purple. Also, anyone have suggestions for a wig? Cosworx hasnt had the one I wanted in stock for some time now.

Thanks!

RaaBee
12-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Question for anyone doing Kamikirimusi (1p). Have you considered lining the kimono top? When I printed out reference images I noticed that the inside looks purple. Also, anyone have suggestions for a wig? Cosworx hasnt had the one I wanted in stock for some time now.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm going to do lining in the kimono top. But I'm doing the second player outfit and just want it opaque enough. I bought a femme fatale from amphigory, but thats usually my go to for a shorter wig and it was in a very close blue to what I needed

liivingdeadgirl
12-16-2008, 08:00 AM

Thanks!

I'm doing the first player costume and am NOT lining the kimono top. I know what you mean about it looking purple (you noticed it on the inside of the big kimono sleeve right?) but in the other pictures you can see the red/yellow fabric (I'm using paint to make the flames) on the inside of the same sleeve. Plus you don't see the purple around the armhole of the ripped sleeve.

As for the wig, I'm going to get one off ebay, just a short red wig I won't have to style much. Then I'm going to get two white hair wefts and dye them red (prolly with a sharpe) to make the braids. I'll stitch those into the wig along with the horns which I made out of scupley and painted. ^_^

R1KKu
12-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm doing the first player costume and am NOT lining the kimono top. I know what you mean about it looking purple (you noticed it on the inside of the big kimono sleeve right?) but in the other pictures you can see the red/yellow fabric (I'm using paint to make the flames) on the inside of the same sleeve. Plus you don't see the purple around the armhole of the ripped sleeve.

I noticed the purple in a few shots actually and ran them in Photoshop just to make sure they were purple. Also, the hem of the kimono folds under to the inside so yes, there is some red on the inside. It is possible that the lining was torn off when the other sleeve was.

I included a photo with the mentioned area circled in red. Ran the eyedropper tool on the color, and it comes up as a purple, just want to clarify. I decided to line mine. :toothy:

liivingdeadgirl
12-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Haha, nice crotch shot. ^_^

Adamoluna
12-16-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm making Cassandras p1 outfit for the summer cons, possibly spring.
I'd love to make Sophitia too, though I'll probably add a little extra fabric 'round the boobies ^^'

I have some pictures of my mock-up for Cassandras pauldrons. (attatched!)
At the time when I made them I thought they were pretty good, but I feel like I've leveled up a bit since then and can handle making a pair of new, more accurate ones.
Poo on me for wasting all that time on painting them though Q.Q Painted them as to make the decoration on the flower look "carved"...
But of course now I know how to actually make a raised detail........................ :waaaah:

ChibiTenshi
12-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi, i'm planning to a Talim cosplay, since I been told I resemble her and every time I play SC I use her XD. My sewing skills are somewhat limited, and the only SC game I've played is the second one, so I wanna ask you all: which version is the simplest for Talim? I mean, the one I like the most is the SC4 player 1 version, but that's waaay too out of my sewing skill range. Which one do you guys think it's the simplest? I just need second opinions on this ^^;

meisaiho
12-17-2008, 09:46 AM
It's nice to see so many cosplayers doing soul calibur! I'm going to finish my Seong Mina cosplay probably early next year. ^^ I have pics up and I'm almost finished, I just need to get white boots and add a few more details here and there.

Nefeline
12-20-2008, 08:49 AM
I noticed the purple in a few shots actually and ran them in Photoshop just to make sure they were purple. Also, the hem of the kimono folds under to the inside so yes, there is some red on the inside. It is possible that the lining was torn off when the other sleeve was.

I included a photo with the mentioned area circled in red. Ran the eyedropper tool on the color, and it comes up as a purple, just want to clarify. I decided to line mine. :toothy:

Whoa.. You're right! o_O I didn't notice that.
Well, it's too late for me now. But funnily enough the paint I used for the flames soaked all the way through the fabric and dried to a dark and reddish purple on the inside. I hated this at first but now.. not so bad at all! lol :toothy:

Unfortunately I had little to no time to continue working on her. At least I got some more progress pics, because I just love my scarf.. :toothy:

dirty and ripped.. harr! XD (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/DarthBetty/sonstiges/Kamikirimusi-scarf.jpg)

R1KKu
12-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Whoa.. You're right! o_O I didn't notice that.
Well, it's too late for me now. But funnily enough the paint I used for the flames soaked all the way through the fabric and dried to a dark and reddish purple on the inside. I hated this at first but now.. not so bad at all! lol :toothy:

Unfortunately I had little to no time to continue working on her. At least I got some more progress pics, because I just love my scarf.. :toothy:

dirty and ripped.. harr! XD (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/DarthBetty/sonstiges/Kamikirimusi-scarf.jpg)

WoW! I love love that scarf. How did you get it so tattered? I just did some cutting and painting to make it look burnt.

Anyways, I was in the same boat as you when it came to painting the flames. I went with a linen, and it was just sucking up the paint. I switched to a different textile paint that's suitable for dark fabrics, and it's made a huge difference. It's the Liquitex brand. If you can get ahold of it in your area, I recommend it.

I attached a progress picture of the backside of the sleeve. I had one coat of the first paint, and two coats of the Liquitex. Id consider another coat, but Ill leave it as it is for now.

Just curious, what type of paint and fabric are you using?

Nefeline
12-22-2008, 04:37 PM
WoW! I love love that scarf. How did you get it so tattered? I just did some cutting and painting to make it look burnt.

Anyways, I was in the same boat as you when it came to painting the flames. I went with a linen, and it was just sucking up the paint. I switched to a different textile paint that's suitable for dark fabrics, and it's made a huge difference. It's the Liquitex brand. If you can get ahold of it in your area, I recommend it.

I attached a progress picture of the backside of the sleeve. I had one coat of the first paint, and two coats of the Liquitex. Id consider another coat, but Ill leave it as it is for now.

Looks great already!

Uh, I used rather loosely woven fabrics, both for the kimono and the scarf. The kimono one is extremely thick and heavy textured. The one for the scarf is thin and stretchy. But honestly, I have no idea what exact types of fabric they are or what they are called. o_O

Liquitex.. never heard of it. I guess it's not available in my country.
I use the "Marabu Textil plus" for dark fabrics - a german brand. I love it to death, since I'm used to it and it's perfect for thin fabrics and all, but the black, thick fabric soaks up A LOT! XD

As for the tattered ends: I took a rasp and went berserk on the whole thing. :toothy:

Sheik Chan
12-22-2008, 10:29 PM

Thanks!

I don't think I'll be lining it with anything..I'm just looking for the right fabric. I hate doing lining T__T

And about the wig thing, I get all my wigs from online stores on Ebay. I've bought 4 and all have been under 23 dollars ^~^ And VERY nice. I love my wigs. =)!! They all come from china, so they take a while..but they're nice. I'm getting my Kamikirimusi one from one of the stores too. You just search Cosplay Wigs in the store option, not the home page. :3!!

liivingdeadgirl
12-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Update::

-First coat of paint is on the kimono top, going to do the second layer tonight and the first layer to the skirt.

-Made obi (tried to cheat by making a bow and obi piece separate), going to remake it as an ACTUAL Japanese style obi. >_<

-Horns made out of sculpey, will be painted tonight.

-I FOUND MY BALLS! >_<
For the necklace balls, I found these PERFECT little cardboard-esque christmas ornament things from michaels so all I need to do is poke holes in them and paint them.

-Have MOST of the mats for the bat. Just need some more spray paint, model magic and paperclay and I should be good to go.

For the anklet balls, I found a strange of wooden beads that are light weight and already have holes in them that I'm going to paint.

I'll post some progress pics within the next few days.

Camittles
12-24-2008, 06:35 PM
I've done Tira's SC4 costume earlier this spring. Pics of it can be found in my gallery. It's the second toughest costume Ive ever made. I'd like to offer advice or suggestions if anyone needs it. I'm considering making her 2p costume sometime this year.

R1KKu
12-30-2008, 10:05 PM
So I went ahead and did some progress on Kami's club; I looked it up and think it's called a kanabo. It's really light and stands at almost 6ft right now. I thought I'd share some pictures of what I have so far (kinda hard to photograph)

If anyone has questions on how to make it, Id be glad to help out. It was actually kinda fun making this beast of a prop.

RaaBee
12-30-2008, 11:37 PM
So I went ahead and did some progress on Kami's club; I looked it up and think it's called a kanabo. It's really light and stands at almost 6ft right now. I thought I'd share some pictures of what I have so far (kinda hard to photograph)

If anyone has questions on how to make it, Id be glad to help out. It was actually kinda fun making this beast of a prop.

That looks great! Now I feel the urge to work on the costume

LizardMandy
12-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Not exactly Soul Calibur IV, but still working on a re-make of my Olcadan cosplay. (He SHOULD have been in IV... love that guy...!)

Got the fur, and trying to decide on a prop to make for him to use... since he can use any of the weapons, can't decide which one to make.

Right now leaning towards simple with his version of Kilik's rod... but would that be TOO simple... any ideas? I mean, I can take ANY of the weapons from Soul Calibur III, it's just hard to pick a prop I like best. :3

liivingdeadgirl
12-31-2008, 07:46 AM

Looks great! I just finished painting the top and skirt so I'm moving on to the bat (saving teh obi for last >_< )

effervescence
12-31-2008, 12:12 PM

This question wasn't directed at me but, I've made a Kami costume before. The fabric I used was a thicker sort, generally intended for use on things that..aren't clothes. Like furniture! I used Acrylic paint and it took to the fabric easily, I only had to do two layers of each.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1679342/

I also tried to use some fabric paint, but it was a weaker color and did not take to the fabric as well as the acrylic, so I switched back.

Linegod
01-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Does anyone had Siegfried, and Nightmare 2p costume? I need a lot for my Siegfried's 2p costume. I only had half-body picture, that's why I need help from everyone~ please, help me T.T

my2wings
01-04-2009, 12:28 AM
recently i have wanted to do ivy from sc4 but i dont think my skills are that good... lol

liivingdeadgirl
01-05-2009, 07:42 AM
I am almost finished with Kami.
Kimono top = Done, just need to add some form of closure
Skirt = Done, just need to add some form of closure
Necklace and anklets - Just need to string the balls ^_^
Bat = Almost done, basic shape put together, need to add spikes, handle wrap and paint. (It is MASSIVE! I'm going to have to lift some weights just to lug it around all day. >_<)
Wig = Ordered, need to dye, add braids, and stitch horns on
Still need to do the scarf (which shouldn't take long) and the obi (Which I'm not looking forward to). Also still need to buy tons of ace bandage and some quick drying red paint. ^_^

R1KKu
01-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Are you going to post pictures? Im curious to see this massive prop you put together. Mine's a bit too big and I shouldve cut the pattern for it down at least an inch. Ah well. At least it's really light.

Im almost done with the costume though. Here's what I have left to do. :bigtu:

Kimono - finish minor painting, sew hem
prop - spikes, top cap, and hand guard
Obi - Sew on closures
Bandages

liivingdeadgirl
01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I took pictures and I CANT FIND the usb to trans them to the computer. >_<

I spent an hour looking for it last night.

My husband thinks the barrell at the end is slightly too big, but I was just trying to get it right in proportion to my height, which it is. It WAS super-light (it's made of balsa wood) until I shoved that flag pole handle inside of it. You'd think it'd be light, but no. My scale says it weighs about 7lbs, but it feels like more cause the weight isn't evenly distributed.

It shouldn't be THAT hard to carry around, but some of those holding-it-with-one-hand poses might be a little difficult. So if you see me at a con and want to take a picture and I say "alright, you got 6 seconds after I pose to take the picture...go!", don't be surprised. o.O

liivingdeadgirl
01-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Question. For Kamikirimusi....the end of her bat is rounded and has that character painted on the end of it (I forgot what it means now, a friend that can read Japanese told me but I forgots). I'm TRYING to go for accuracy, but do you think if I just left the bottom flat instead of rounded I would get alot of crap? I'm trying to think of storage and lugging-it-around purposes. It's easier to stand it up for pictures and to store it rather than on it's side, especially since putting it on it's side will put alot of stress on the spikes which could lose their shape (cause they're model magic) or pop off. What do you guys think?

R1KKu
01-06-2009, 10:04 AM
I was planning on making that piece flat, but since I have the materials I decided on accuracy. It doesnt stick out much either, which is a bonus, because one of the cons I go to has a 4' prop limit. >.<

I think it would be alright if you made it flat though. I doubt many people have actually seen the other end of it. In fact, I was able to find only one screenshot of the end.

LizardMandy
01-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Just about done accumulating materials for Olcadan. Put in the order today for acrylic cabochons for eyes and Delrin acetal rods for nice bouncy tail feathers. Got my fur, fleece, suede, foam, vinyl... I think I'm set to start building soon! Huzzah!

Nefeline
01-08-2009, 06:51 AM
YAY! My wig for Kami came in the mail today! And OMG I love the red! It's perfect! O_O
It's already the second wig I orderd for this costume, because the first one was totally different from what I expected > epic color fail. -.-"

I'm so relieved now. :3

I'm going to cut and style it as soon as possible.

liivingdeadgirl
01-08-2009, 07:24 AM
YAY! My wig for Kami came in the mail today! And OMG I love the red! It's perfect! O_O
It's already the second wig I orderd for this costume, because the first one was totally different from what I expected > epic color fail. -.-"

I'm so relieved now. :3

I'm going to cut and style it as soon as possible.

Glad you could find one in a color you liked. I couldn't find one with the color AND cut I liked (I am fail at cutting wigs) so I ordered a wig with the right cut and two wefts in white and imma dye them. ^_^

liivingdeadgirl
01-09-2009, 03:51 PM
So more updates::

*Top and skirt are painted and still need closures
*Obi is cut and just needs to be stitched together and painted
*Balls for necklace and anklet are painted and just need to be strung on the rope
*Bat is completely put together and just need to be painted/stained and the symbol (Which I remember is the kanji for 'Electricity') need to be painted on
*Have wig and hair wefts, just need to dye them and attach the horns

Then I just need to pick up some ace bandage and quick drying paint and I'm DONE! WoOt!

I may or may not by the yellow 'cats eye' contacts lenses, maybe if I have more monies.

Nefeline
01-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Gnah.. I'm unsure about the contacts aswell. Not because of the money, but I've never used contacts before and so I'm kinda.. scared. ^_^"

Ah well.. at least I finished the bow and obi (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/DarthBetty/kamiobibow.jpg) for Kami yesterday. They're two seperated pieces, held together with push-buttons. The whole thing is rather stiff, but I hope it's going to keep it's shape better that way. o

And finally.. I has a wig (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/DarthBetty/Kamikirimusiwig.jpg)! XD

liivingdeadgirl
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Looks great! What did you use to get the design on the obi, it looks awesome!

Nygenx
01-11-2009, 09:58 PM
good job living dead, and nef. You guys are both kicking ass, and making some mean progress.

The bow looks like its good quality and is quite ornate. Looks like a lot of work went into it.

/me gets back to inking the leg design for maxi

liivingdeadgirl
01-12-2009, 08:36 AM
GRRR!! So far I have made TWO versions of the obi, and I don't like either one. I'm thinking about cheating and just making a 'mock' obi that has velcro/and or snaps in the back, screw accuracy, you won't know unless you look really hard anyways. >_<

R1KKu
01-12-2009, 08:54 AM
GRRR!! So far I have made TWO versions of the obi, and I don't like either one. I'm thinking about cheating and just making a 'mock' obi that has velcro/and or snaps in the back, screw accuracy, you won't know unless you look really hard anyways. >_<

Heh, that's what I did, just put velcro on the back of my obi. I really dont want to spend hours trying to figure out how to tie that darn thing when I can put it on and go. The only things I dont like about my obi is the bow, because I stuffed it too much, and the piece that hangs down is a wee bit too long. Maybe Ill fix it after this upcoming con.

Nefeline, I absolutely love your obi and the wig is so cute on you. Did you stuff your obi with something? I used polyfill on my bow and it looks kinda silly, lol.

Ive had my wig and obi done for some time now. Of course, the obi needs reworking, but I really like the wig, 'cept its a bit small in the front.

Oh, what are you 2 doing for the spikes on her prop? Casting, clay, etc?? I wanted to look for some at a store and havent had luck, so for now, Im stuck casting them.

LizardMandy
01-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Nefeline, I absolutely love your obi and the wig is so cute on you. Did you stuff your obi with something? I used polyfill on my bow and it looks kinda silly, lol.

Rather than polyfill, maybe try using a few sheets of batting? It won't clump up or shift around inside the bow.

Other than the wonky bow, though, that is looking nice! I like the flames and the detail on the ends of the ribbons for the bow, looks nice and clean. :3

liivingdeadgirl
01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Rikku: Looks great!

Yeah, I think imma cheat on the obi...and I'm just using some really think interfacing for the bow.

As for the horns, I have made TWO sets thus far. I made the first set from sculpey and I love them, but that were a little heavy, I was worried about them pulling on the wig. So I made another set from model magic since I had an abundance of it lying around. They look identical to muh scupley ones.

PS: I'm going to buy another cable from my camera tonight since mine has seemingly disappeared, so I will post progress pics tonight. ^_^

Sheik Chan
01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Wow..@_@ So many Kamikirimusi cosplayers. I put mine on hold, I've been so busy. I still need to work on the Kimono. I have the Obi, leg wraps and bat finished...but everything else needs to be worked on. Meeh...

*Oh yeah! I also need to find a wig and I can't find anything I like. Grrr... >___< I just want a nicely cut red wig, but not that fiery red...like a cheap red..

Nefeline
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow..@_@ So many Kamikirimusi cosplayers. ...

Heh.. Slowly but steady we conquer the SC thread... :angel2:

R1KKu, your wig is pure love! :3
Mine still needs some styling, but I ran out of hairspray.

As for my obi & bow, I totally cheated aswell:
The whole thing is made of thick (about 4mm) felt sheets, covered with fabric. The obi closes with four snaps (invisibly under the bow) - the bow is attached with two extra strong snaps to the obi. It only takes a few seconds to put the set on and off.
I think felt is a great option, if you need some sort of REALLY strong interfacing. I threw the bow against a wall a few times - kept it's shape perfectly fine. lol

Looks great! What did you use to get the design on the obi, it looks awesome!

Thank you. :3 I used fabric paint.. two layers for each color.

Amara Dolce
01-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Ah, everyone is making such great progress. Keep it up.

As for me... I am slowly making progress. I am mainly working on Xianghua's wig right now, just have to give it more layers and fix it up a bit. Also I purchased the several dyes that I need and a pattern for her jacket (which, of course, I will have to make several altercations to). I have no pictures to show because I am lame like that.

R1KKu
01-12-2009, 10:24 PM
*Oh yeah! I also need to find a wig and I can't find anything I like. Grrr... >___< I just want a nicely cut red wig, but not that fiery red...like a cheap red..

I went with the Scruffy in Burgundy (since henna red was out, boo!) and some extensions. At first I was worried that the color would be too dark, but Im happy with it. The wig only needed minor cutting and styling. Also, my horns are made out of paper clay. It's really lightweight, but durable, and can be sanded smooth.

I threw the bow against a wall a few times - kept it's shape perfectly fine. lol

LMFAO!!!

So I started reworking my obi, and Nefeline, I must say, the idea of using felt sheets has made my day. Thank you so much!

liivingdeadgirl
01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Finally! Progress pictures!

I posted the direct link to the base costume and bat, if you look in my 'photos' there are some more.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1867307/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1867304/

Sheik Chan
01-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Ooh~ That looks pretty good!

My Obi was made like a pillow type of thing..for the bow, so it would keep the shape. I just made a little hole and stuffed stuffing. Hehe. I have a picture up in my Progress album on here.
I dunno...I wasn't sure what too do, so I did that. I think it's cute. XD As long as it keeps its shape I'm fine.

liivingdeadgirl
01-13-2009, 02:43 PM
ty!

I'm definitely going to be stealin' ideas. I'll prolly use the felt in the obi and batting in the bow to make it stand up.

jaoqinchik
01-13-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm going to stick out in here

progress on my Tira's player 2 is going really well
I'm almost completely finshed with my shoes I'll post pictures where they are totally done.
I also wove together a a whole bunch of ribbon today to make the rope she has hanging off the back of her skirt

go Kamikirimusi cosplayers!!

R1KKu
01-13-2009, 10:07 PM
I really love the paint job on your kimono, liivingdeadgirl. It's so clean and vibrant.

So, I reworked my obi; took out the batting, made the bow smaller, replaced velcro with hooks. Its looking much better now. I'm glad I have hordes of felt laying around. Cant wait to wear this; I have a con in a couple of weeks.

ty!

I'm definitely going to be stealin' ideas. I'll prolly use the felt in the obi and batting in the bow to make it stand up.

As a suggestion, use felt for the bow as well, ditch the batting. The felt will help the bow keep its shape and not flop down like what my bow was doing when I had it stuffed with batting.

Sheik Chan
01-14-2009, 04:34 AM
I'm going to stick out in here

progress on my Tira's player 2 is going really well
I'm almost completely finshed with my shoes I'll post pictures where they are totally done.
I also wove together a a whole bunch of ribbon today to make the rope she has hanging off the back of her skirt

go Kamikirimusi cosplayers!!

I can't wait to see it finished! The pics you have up look great :D

jaoqinchik
01-14-2009, 04:16 PM
update! the shoes are finished and I put a picture up in my gallery!

liivingdeadgirl
01-17-2009, 07:57 AM

Your Tira is looking great! I can't wait to see the finished product. And the shoes are awesome! *is scared to make shoe covers so tries to avoid it at all cost*

Kami update:

I made a new obi and bow (separately) that I like alot better. *used felt in the obi*. It still needs some handstitching and I'll prolly wait til a week or two before the con to add closures. I usually do this so I make sure it FITS perfect just incase I gain (or in this case hopefully lose) a few lbs. I also dyed the wig and extensions last night (and MAN was it messy). I haven't rinsed them out yet so I don't know how much of the color took, I may still end up having to sharpe it if the color didn't stick as dark as I like. And I also went out and bought a ton of gauze and bandages for the leg/arm/bat wraps; as well as some hair/skin paint for my eyebrows when I have the wig on. ^_^ So now I just need to:

*Finish painting the bat
*Make the scarf
*Finish up the wig
*Add closures to skirt and shirt
*Add closures and attach bow to obi (And paint the obi)

Nefeline
01-18-2009, 06:36 AM

Whoa, your shoes look great! O_O

So, I reworked my obi; took out the batting, made the bow smaller, replaced velcro with hooks. Its looking much better now. I'm glad I have hordes of felt laying around. Cant wait to wear this; I have a con in a couple of weeks.

As a suggestion, use felt for the bow as well, ditch the batting. The felt will help the bow keep its shape and not flop down like what my bow was doing when I had it stuffed with batting.

Kami update:

I made a new obi and bow (separately) that I like alot better. *used felt in the obi*. It still needs some handstitching and I'll prolly wait til a week or two before the con to add closures. I usually do this so I make sure it FITS perfect just incase I gain (or in this case hopefully lose) a few lbs. I also dyed the wig and extensions last night (and MAN was it messy). I haven't rinsed them out yet so I don't know how much of the color took, I may still end up having to sharpe it if the color didn't stick as dark as I like. And I also went out and bought a ton of gauze and bandages for the leg/arm/bat wraps; as well as some hair/skin paint for my eyebrows when I have the wig on. ^_^ So now I just need to:

*Finish painting the bat
*Make the scarf
*Finish up the wig
*Add closures to skirt and shirt
*Add closures and attach bow to obi (And paint the obi)

YAY! Felt FTW! XD Glad I could help! :3
Now I'm totally excited to see everyone's finished costumes! So, keep up postig your progress! ^__^

liivingdeadgirl.. wow, looks like you're almost done.. I totally envy you for that. O_O

I don't even have the materials for the missing parts right now. I guess I have to work on something else until I have everything I need. D'Oh! >.<

Sheik Chan
01-18-2009, 07:40 PM
I finally got the fabric I need for the Kimono. I've never done a Kimono..type top ever..and I heard it can be a hassle..Sooo I hope I do okay T^T. My friend has this Japanese book with patterns...but they're all in Japanese, sooo I might need to buy one. XD I haven't used patterns on any of my cosplays yet....so...we'll see.

liivingdeadgirl
01-19-2009, 12:38 PM
I used simplicity 4080 for the kimono top, though I heavily modified it. First I cut it much shorter cause the pattern is for the full kimono and we just needed a top. I also changed the shape of the sleeve so the rectangle wasn't quite as long when it hangs down, and for the other sleeve I just didn't put one on and left it open (still need to go and rip up the arm hole so it looks a bit tattered). I cut into the fabric around the neckline so it is more open (ie for more cleavage). But it was actually the easiest part of this costume to make and it was the first one I did as well. I didn't line it though, but that's just cause I has a serger and I'm lazy. ^_^

Sheik Chan
01-19-2009, 03:43 PM
I used simplicity 4080 for the kimono top, though I heavily modified it. First I cut it much shorter cause the pattern is for the full kimono and we just needed a top. I also changed the shape of the sleeve so the rectangle wasn't quite as long when it hangs down, and for the other sleeve I just didn't put one on and left it open (still need to go and rip up the arm hole so it looks a bit tattered). I cut into the fabric around the neckline so it is more open (ie for more cleavage). But it was actually the easiest part of this costume to make and it was the first one I did as well. I didn't line it though, but that's just cause I has a serger and I'm lazy. ^_^

Ohh~Well I hope I'm able to do it good enough too for my first try ^~^!

I'll probably be modifying the top too. I think they sell patterns for those kimono-like tops. I'm not sure though. I'll just look around. ^_^

R1KKu
01-20-2009, 09:04 AM
I used McCall's #2940. I've found it to be a real easy pattern to work with and have used it for many costumes. The only modification I had to make was the sleeve. I also have the Simplicity one but havent used it yet.

Oh and here's what I have left on my costume -

-Leggings - have no clue what to do for these yet, lol
-Prop - Just need to finish painting the top piece,
attach that, make the hand guard, and paint and glue on spikes.

Hope to finish. I have a con next weekend.

Everyone's costumes are looking great!!

liivingdeadgirl
01-20-2009, 02:35 PM
I used McCall's #2940. I've found it to be a real easy pattern to work with and have used it for many costumes. The only modification I had to make was the sleeve. I also have the Simplicity one but havent used it yet.

Oh and here's what I have left on my costume -

-Leggings - have no clue what to do for these yet, lol
-Prop - Just need to finish painting the top piece,
attach that, make the hand guard, and paint and glue on spikes.

Hope to finish. I have a con next weekend.

Everyone's costumes are looking great!!

Wow, you're REALLY almost done. ^_^

For the leggings, I've been contemplating it for a while and I think i've decided what imma do. I bought a ton of that stretch gauze stuff from walmart and am going to actually wrap my legs the day of the convention. It's cheap so I can just do it over again when I re-wear the costume. Though I do plan on wearing two pairs of nude colored stockings, putting the gauze over top of them with a little fabric glue between them to make sure they stay in place. I'm doing two layers of stockings A) because it'll be warmer ^_^, and B) cause I dun want the fabric glue to irritate my skin. Then I'll just bring some fast drying red paint with me and get a friend to put the hand prints on.

I've tried to think of ways to make the leg wraps so I can use them over and over but I can't come up with anything that will work AND look good. =/