PDA

View Full Version : need help @@

cactusmomma
06-27-2003, 02:47 AM
ok so i'm definately going to yaoi con given that my job isn't a total meanie and lets me off for it...but yeah to the point...

i need help with ideas for something to cos @_@ anyone?

Karisu-sama
06-29-2003, 04:17 AM
For a girl: crossplay. Definitely.

Gundam Wing is hugely popular, but you can go as anyone you like. Bishies from shows where there might be relationships with other guys (at least in Fanfic! ) are also a popular Yaoi-con costuming thing.

Game characters... J-rockers...

Michi
06-29-2003, 04:53 AM
Well I dunno, King might fit in at YaoiCon just fine. XD I tend to try to pick male characters for YaoiCon though.. I was thinking of being '99 version Kusanagi Kyo this year for the fun of it. :3

cactusmomma
06-29-2003, 05:54 AM
crossplay...innnnnnteresting...but bleh..gw? i can pass on that...ummm hrm..it'll take till october to think! o.o

Karisu-sama
06-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Hey, I'm not a GW fan either - in fact, I've never even seen it. :p

ChibiHiku
07-08-2003, 02:38 PM
^^() Me neither... I've never sat through an episode of GW but I collected the GW figures. The mechas are pretty cool and there's total yaoi vibration going on among the characters.

I need to find someone to cosplay as for Yaoi-con as well...

Ne Karisu-sama, ^_^ Congratulations on winning at AX03's masquerade this year! Just thought I'd say that since you happen to post on this thread!

Teteiyusu
07-11-2003, 05:58 AM
I never really got into GW, I like angels, demons, and vampire anime the most!
I'm going to be Juste Belmont from Castlevania, none of my friends are going to be anything from Castlevania, so if you need a costume idea...
You could be Alucard or something, I like him alot! I have a thing for the fancy pretty boy characters, Ha ha ha! they look really cool. Juste is my heart and soul costume, I will wear him everywhere.

Good Luck, I hope you find your special character!

Karisu-sama
07-17-2003, 12:33 AM
ChibiHiku: Thanks! ^^

Teteiyusu: anime angels, demons & vampires would all be perfectly good at Y-con. In fact, last year we had Harry Potter cosplayers too, and this year we'll have LOTR cosplayers...

Kenshin Ken
07-19-2003, 12:07 AM
LOTR cosplayerrs..@_@;;; well I wouldn't toub there being Pirates of the Carribian cospalyers ..fi there were any ahha ^^;;

Karisu-sama
07-19-2003, 04:14 AM
What, don't pirates normally get to have bishie cabin boys? :p :p *has not seen the movie*

Kenshin Ken
07-20-2003, 12:44 AM
welp in Piarates of the caribian.. the only "bishi" I can think of is Jhonny depp as " Captin Jack Sparrow" and the long lost son of a pirate...er.. forgot his name..^^:; but pretty much those are the only bishis in the movie.. if you'd call them that ^^;

YOu must see the movie though ^^ well worth the money ^^.

ChibiHiku
07-20-2003, 01:03 AM
Kenny - O_O Will Turner Kenny!!! WILL~ TURNER! ^^() That's Orlando Bloom's character

Karisu - ^^ Pirates of the Caribbean is a MUST! 2 very chibi thumbs up!

Kenshin Ken
07-28-2003, 04:01 PM
hmm.. I well remember a pirate cosplayer at the last Y-con.. @_@;; she was one of the staffers. Dressed in black...and armed with riding crops..@_@;; how do I know this? let's jsut say I just do..^^;;

Karisu-sama
07-28-2003, 10:17 PM
Ha ha - you're talking about Nytshaed... she's cool... hmmm... she's my age, ya know... ^_____^

Padme Skywalker
07-29-2003, 12:06 AM
Crossplay....hmmm....Sure why not! That way I dont have to show too much skin. But now who shall I cross play? ::sits under a tree to contemplate::

SohjiroX
07-29-2003, 04:47 AM
hmm have no idea's I've fone muraki and Tatsume from yami no matsuei, lot of yaoi fan like those people, you could do a Hisoka, easy and cheap, and you'll get alot of glomps, trust me, I know I am doing Van and Muraki and hopefully return Tatsume for my on stage kiss again, but thats all luck, could do a crossplay of Iori? who knows, might look really cute in a way.

ElleHazard
08-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean!
While it would be fun to have some slashy pirates at this particular con... I think they'd be a lot better for actual guys to try. That way they can have their shirts open (*cough* this fanart (http://www.dragonworld.com/ponderosa/fanart/potc_tangledweb.html) comes to mind)... and there's the whole facial hair thing too.

I say go for a guy who is really androgynous. Like Nuriko from Fushigi Yugi, or Mille Feuille (Milphy-yu) from Sorcerer Hunter. Or... gee.... just about any J-rocker. Makes crossplaying not really seem like crossplay while being crossplay. Pretty nifty. :bigtu:

Teteiyusu
08-03-2003, 11:02 PM
I never been to Yaoi Con, I just hope I meet new people... Oh, did you find out what costume you are going to wear at Yaoi Con?

I hope you did, I love costumes!

cactusmomma
08-15-2003, 06:59 PM
i think i may go with the 'chick mistaken for guy' bit and stick with the ONE COS that i already have XD orrrr i could do hisoka from hxh ~_~ he's sexy. but people will have to be careful with glompings *nodnod*

edit: males! do jackie chan as chun li crossplay! :D:D:D:D:D

TsukiGuujin
08-30-2003, 03:17 AM
Awwww, there's nothing wrong with GW!

The only problem with being a GW boy at Yaoi Con is that everyone else is going to be, as well. *SIGH*

Anyway.
I think it's best to do a boy costume, whether or not you ARE a boy, for Yaoi con, considering what the con is about.

I guess you COULD do a girl costume, but it makes more sense (to me, at least) to be a boy, you know?

Just my two cents. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Michi
08-30-2003, 03:27 AM
I'm going for KOF yaoi. >D I'm evil.

TsukiGuujin
08-30-2003, 03:41 AM
That's why we love you, Michi! XD

~~Tsuki~~

Michi
08-30-2003, 04:02 AM
Why, thankyou! XDDD Of course, I'm only being allowed to do it because it's not really yaoi, but that's what my crossplaying is for. >D I don't think he likes it, though. n.n At least he agreed to attend the con. >_>

Seiya Yagami
08-30-2003, 01:20 PM
Why, thankyou! XDDD Of course, I'm only being allowed to do it because it's not really yaoi, but that's what my crossplaying is for. >D I don't think he likes it, though. n.n At least he agreed to attend the con. >_>

Who? Me? XP

Michi
08-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Who? Me? XP

KUSANAGI-SAAAAAA~N! *flying striker pounce tackle to the legs* :love:

Seiya Yagami
08-31-2003, 12:22 PM
KUSANAGI-SAAAAAA~N! *flying striker pounce tackle to the legs* :love:

WAAHH!! *Falls down* Dammit Shingo I'm trying to eat my lunch!

Jus kiddin'...

*Squeeze!* ^.^ Nyan!

drbombai
09-17-2003, 02:07 AM
I'm with Pocky, Kris, and Padmae on this one, definitely do Gundam.

I would, but the boys are way too butch for me.

TsukiGuujin
09-17-2003, 04:11 PM
>>Im with Pocky, Kris, and Padmae on this one, definitely do Gundam.

*waves her Gundam Wing Yaoi flag around*

>>I would, but the boys are way too butch for me.

O_o;
NANI!?
Butch?
No WAY.
Duos not butch at ALL.
Neither is Quatre.
Enh, none of them are.
Cept maybe Wufei. XP

But really, a lot of girls cosplay GW boys...mostly Duo and Heero is what I see. Ive actually seen more FEMALE Duos than anything. Only once seen a male Duo. *laaaaaugh*

Yeah.

~~Tsuki~~

ACXchan
09-17-2003, 06:05 PM
drbombai: I would, but the boys are way too butch for me.

::coughs and hacks:: Sorry... did you just call them butch? Haha... I'm with TsukiGuujin on that one LOL @D@;; GW cosplay would be just fine for YCon btw, people would love you regardless.

drbombai
10-22-2003, 10:12 PM
I'm thinking of doing Sir Hellsing for the next Yaoicon...but I'm not quite sure how I'd to the V shape in a blonde wig.
The costume looks like something I could do...besides, I have the cigar from my Zelda stunt double costume.