PDA

View Full Version : VOCALOID Hatsune Miku HELP!

kanancom
06-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Alright I think I've narrowed down my decision for my first official cosplay for this year, and its going to be Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid2 (google it if you don't know)

Now the thing is I thought about having my mom help make it because I cannot sew. At ALL. But then I found this PERFECT costume.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vocaloid-Hatsune-Miku-Cosplay-Costume_W0QQitemZ270244601038QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem270244601038&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

(it ends in four days but I think the person will just re-upload it like all the other cosplay stores do)

Problem is its a whopping $185. Though believe it or not I have that money in cash in my wallet, but I am very hesitant to spend it. I had been saving it to buy a PS3. Now I have yet to find a job this summer but I might do a bit of office work for this lawyer but thats iffy right now and he hasnt called back yet. I was thinking maybe going on a loan from my parents and paying it back and maybe waiting until christmas to get a PS3.

That sounds all good and dandy, but the MAIN reason its so expensive and I want it so bad is because the sleeves FLASH!! And the flash to MUSIC!!! Its so awesome though Im still nervous to spend this much on a costume.

I thought then well I have to get a wig and I thought the cleopatra one from here http://www.amphigory.com/wigs.html would work well and use extensions but thats even more money Im dishing out to this costume. Really Id like to only get the sleeves but I cant find them anywhere but there....

it really is all depending on whether or not I get a job...

So can anyone give me advice on what to do?

Mew~Ichigo
06-10-2008, 01:46 AM
I REALLY REALLY think you should get them and luck you I was going to do her as a costume but not for like 2 years (i have cosplays planed till im at least 20) lol but Those look awesome and by the time I buy my costume they will be sold so I think you should get them because there may be no other offer like this one!

Pure-Hikari
06-10-2008, 05:49 AM
Hey.
First let me say congrats for going for Miku, shes getting pretty popular now.

As for the costume.
Yes, you COULD pay $185 + shipping. (Depending where you live)
Then add a Wig, Socks, Shoes, Headseat... so on.
Something that dissapoints me is that ALOT of people on cosplay.com have brought there costumes from ebay. Im gald you want the one with the normal silver colour and not the horrible silver pleather most have.

With the wig, also. There is a shop on ebay that makes a certain Miku Hatsune wig. (Just type in Vocaloid wig or something, its on there.)

Anyway, One option is to make this all yourself. Which is what ill be doing.
Her shirt is basically a school button up shirt with no sleeves.
And the skirt. Well enough said.
The arms are pretty basic besides the patterns on them.
And a headseat is easy to find these days.

It is really up to you if you want to pay that much for a costume.
But consider how much you'll be paying, how much you'll be wearing the costume and so on.
And then again you could try and sell it for more?

But thats just my 2 cents.
Best of luck with your costume.

Papersak
06-10-2008, 11:51 AM
I luff Miku. :3

But uh. As a cheap, n00b cosplayer, I wanna say... I don't think an extra hundred dollars for light-up sleeves is worth it. It'd be awesome to have and is certainly a high-quality costume, but as Pure-Hikari kinda said, it isn't a horrificly (sp?) diffucult costume to make on your own. Especially considering the extra cost of the wig...

I would wonder if you could ask the seller how much the sleeves alone would cost, and see if they'll just sell those. The only (minor?) problem there would be that the aqua you use and they use might not match.

... the boots aren't included in the auction? Those always looked hard to make... unless they're giant socks. Well, either way... o_o;

RottenOnion
06-10-2008, 02:29 PM
With the wig, also. There is a shop on ebay that makes a certain Miku Hatsune wig. (Just type in Vocaloid wig or something, its on there.)

CosplayWigs, I believe.

(My friend is cosplaying as Miku, that's where she bough hers from)

Tazzy_
06-10-2008, 03:21 PM
... the boots aren't included in the auction? Those always looked hard to make... unless they're giant socks. Well, either way... o_o;

They are stockings as far as I can tell, with cute little black loafers for shoes.

I am doing a Miku cosplay at the moment as well, and from the refrence images I have, they seem like stockings and shoes, not long boots.

And a question for the other Miku cosplayers out there, where did you buy the headset?
I plan on making my own, but it I can find a decent one online, I might just buy.

Pure-Hikari
06-14-2008, 06:25 AM
I got my headset from this dance mat i have.
However its just the mic.
The actual muff parts i have to make.

With the wig. The one on ebay, cosplaywigs, has disappeared...

For anyone that had seen it. Do the think it looked too green?
I was thinking about just getting a blue one from cosworx.

Anyone got any ideas?

Tazzy_
06-16-2008, 12:50 AM
I got my headset from this dance mat i have.
However its just the mic.
The actual muff parts i have to make.

How are you planning on doing the muffs?

I have had a few thoughts myself, both of which involve buying a headset with a mic (on the right side) already attached, then adding on Miku's muffs (that sounds funny, lol) 8)

I was thinking of sculpting one then casting it with resin. I dunno though, i've never worked with resin before, and I don't know if it would really work in terms of attaching it to the head set.

I think sculpting two separate muffs (out of model magic most likely) would be playing it safe (yet less adventurous and more tedious ... like, trying to get each one look the same ... then again, i'm a tad anal about things like that).

I'm also trying to sort out a way to add an LED light into them. I was thinking of reflective tape, but maybe that would be a little to much flash around the facial area, lol.

solstis
06-17-2008, 07:07 AM
I am doing Miku too ... in um 4 days... I ordered this wig from my local costume shop but it turned out to be too green. I'm cheap and gas is too much so I can't spend 35$ on a wig + 20 S&H. yeah... all the Miku wigs on ebay want poof ._. there were 3 that looked like it was the right color. (depending what shade you were using)

i'm actuly planing on using fabric. but i'm at my last option, the color is hard to find :<

I like that reflective tape idea :3 you could use soem of it but not all and that would still give a good effect without blinding people.

Who has light up sleves?? I want to try that too. I have battery opperated LED lights nit the right color but I'm actuly afraid that it will be too heavy.

Kurthy133
06-17-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm working on Rin (debuting in 4 days as well Solstis!) and I'm making my headphones out of pink foam and reflectors. I stumbled upon a sprinkler in the dollar deals over at Target, and I know it sounds weird, but the tubes on it look like the speaker on the headset. You just have to paint it and put a wire in it. Hopefully I'll have pictures soon.

I'm going to try and put small LEDs into my costume as well! :D