PDA

View Full Version : CC-27 Our Theme

Gravely
06-11-2008, 08:36 PM
so every now and then I hear someone mention our theme,
Vampires, Villians, and Vixens, and wondering how what or if, to do anything like that.
Please be sure that you are strongly encouraged to enter ANYTHING you want in ANY masquerade fashion show, hall costume etc....

Costume-Cons sometimes choose a theme, just for
a- fun ( cause that's the point right?)
b- marketing, it makes it easy to distinguish things from year to year
and gives us a focal point for art and flyers and that sort of thing
c- might put a few new ideas in the heads of folks who just can't decide what to make for any certain year.

All judging will be done in the traditional way. judges will never take the theme into account when making their decisions.

There WILL be best theme awards, and they will be totally seperate awards given out by myself and my co-chair
Marty " Uncle Vlad" Gear

We will give them out at any and all events where it might seem there is a winner. even the doll and quilt contests

There are times after all these years, that long time costumers like having a specific challenge put in front of them just to spark the ol creativity once in a while.

Of course the con itself is being run by a business ( Castle Blood) this year, not a club or a guild chapter.
75% at least of the concom have performed at the Castle at one time or another, so this also means it's easy for us to just drag out something from the closet to wear, and not take time away from running the con.

CC-13 Toronto ( which I had big fun at. boy I sure hope it goes there again someday )also had a horror style theme.

and if you add the numbers and letters in CC-27 up into one in the correct corrolations, it comes to 13 as well.

so we'll decorate up things in a vampy villanous way, making sure the vixens don't get left out, and it'll be big fun.

okay, that bit about 13, was pure BS, but t made you try to count it out for a sec, didn't it.

The Hag
06-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, anime and games certainly don't lack for characters in the horror genre and vampires in particular. Two Alucards? Who knew?

It's common for anime cons to have themes as well (not so sure about the multi-genre ones) that are used in the graphic design, decoration, mascots etc. I haven't noticed that it particularly effects the costuming though. Do you see a significant skew of costumes towards the theme at CC?

Gravely
06-12-2008, 11:40 PM
We see a skew for themed costumes at the friday night social, and in non competitive hall costuming.

Most CC's keep the theme generic enough that it's something you would see a few of in any large masquerade.
CC-26 for example, had a subtle time travel theme, so you could say the amount of cool steam punk costumes was because of that, or it was just lucky timing for everyone as they picked the theme long before steam pink hit mainstream costuming.

and for us? well so often the bad guys have all the kewl clothes, so I'm sure there will be plenty walking around.

and hey, just paint two bite marks on your neck and your all set.

CapsuleCorp
07-18-2008, 09:22 PM
The Friday Night Social should be a lovely time, indeed. ;)

But I personally am not doing anything related to the theme otherwise - my plans for competition revolve around complex, beautiful costumes I've been wanting to do for a couple of years, and trust me, they're not vampires or vixens in the LEAST! Villains...maybe. I digress - the theme is fun to play into but not a requisite. I'm pretty sure last year when I went to CC25, the only time I saw theme-related costumes was during the Social, definitely not in competition with maybe one or two exceptions.

That's the nice thing about costumes...there are just so many in the world to be created, that CostumeCon's attitude generally is "sure! bring it! wear it! we'll like it!"

makotohanabi
07-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Do have other costumes that fit the theme, but aside from my SF&F Masquerade and Single pattern challenge costumes I haven't decided which others I will bring.

See the theme as having sprinkles on ice cream, makes a good thing better. :) Probably helps as a starting point for anyone drawing a blank on costumes.

RaDragon76
07-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't have any costume that fits the theme either but that's okay. I'll just enjoy looking at everyone else's. :) At the moment, other than my entries for the SF&F and Historical Masquerades, I don't have a clue what I'm bringing.

Yubel
08-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Halloweentown Sora from KH2 *might* fit the theme for it, considering he can be cosplayed with vampire teeth so I think I'll be bringing him in. ^_^

Everything else? Well, the con's in May so it's toooo far to know! ;) But expect KH2 HT Sora on the Friday Night Social.

trixyloupwolf
01-14-2009, 10:11 PM
i have too many costume i wanna bring =_=;;;;;;;;;;

will see the space availlable in the car

but can't wait ^^

this forum is kinda dead well not active enough hehe^^;; gomen

thats me trying to make people chat more hehe ^^;;

will theyre be more info on the con soon ^^;;
thanks ^^