PDA

View Full Version : How much sleep will you get this AX?

JoeBoeing
06-27-2003, 04:40 PM
Greetings all,

I'm wondering how much sleep you hope to get this AX? I know for myself I get no sleep the 1st two nights of the convention and barely any the 3rd night... maybe 5 hours all told. I have such an adrenaline rush at cons that I forget to sleep and eat.

What about you guys and gals???

FRom,
Joe

peacecraft
06-27-2003, 04:48 PM
When I was younger, I got very little sleep at cons, but these days I do try to get 6 to 8 hours a night.

K_Valentine
06-27-2003, 04:55 PM
We're allowed to sleep at cons? O_o; Why didn't anyone tell me this?

Sarial
06-27-2003, 05:00 PM
Unless someone keeps me up......a good 8 hours

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-27-2003, 05:10 PM
I want to sleep a lot at cons..I learned my lesson at Fanime. at least I want to chill and go to sleep for at least 6 hours at the most. that's why i'm taking a sleeping bag with me.. blankets on the floor don't work

Cait
06-27-2003, 05:38 PM
It all depends on when the dancing ends that night and when the first panel I want to go to the next morning begins. ^_^' I don't go much over that... and I like to be back to the hotel room by at the very latest 11PM, but probably sooner because of darkness... nothing like getting lost in the dark in a strange place! Also, you gotta regroup before you sleep and iron that costume for the next day!

Nadeshiko
06-27-2003, 06:46 PM
6 hours. ^^

piroko
06-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Hopefully enough. :)
8+ hours is always good. But I can survive with less if needs be.

Psychotic Jei
06-27-2003, 08:10 PM
I try to get 6+ hours a day....but...yeh.

Maryssa
06-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Lots and lots and lots. There is almost no reason to wake up early. And as I have said in several other threads before, STAYING AWAKE FOR THE WHOLE CON IS NOT COOL. It is very unhealthy and it's just gross to see zombies walking around the con... if you forget to sleep who's to say you dont forget to shower? Seriously guys. Get sleep. There is no reason not to.

JoeBoeing
06-27-2003, 08:50 PM
When I go to cons I take 2 or 3 showers a day... sometimes 4... Smelly fanboys is one thing but a smelly fangirl is another... I remember at AX 99 there was this one girl who smelled like she hasn't taken a shower in a month. I could smell her from 30 feet away and it almost made me puke.

I took 12 showers at Ani-Magic last year.

FRom,
Joe

mochihead
06-27-2003, 09:51 PM
*nods* Yes, everyone, please listen to Maryssa! Sleep is very important! You spend that much time & money preparing for cons, you should really try and be alert & awake for all of it. AND you need to stay healthy, too, AFTER the con! I don't know how many after-con reports have people saying that they're sick.

Oh, and please, people, try to avoid the excessive drinking and hangovers. It's not good for the - er - aroma and atmosphere in general. :)

Yggdrasil Pie
06-27-2003, 11:07 PM
Hmm...I'm planning to get at least 7-8 hours. I usually sleep ALOT in the summer (Almost about 11-12 hours) so this isn't enough for me...lol.

Okitasan
06-27-2003, 11:45 PM
probably about 7 or 8..

Suzushichan
06-28-2003, 01:27 AM
...*wakes up* ...eh, huh? oh, I'll get plenty of sleep now so I'll only probably sleep a good 3-4 hours a night...*goes back to sleep*...

Raider3
06-28-2003, 01:40 AM
Oh, man... At least 7-8 hours on Wed. since I'll have been driving all night from Northern California... Not like I have a choice for now... Drama is bad.

Other than that, about 6-7 hours the rest of the time. Racking up extra sleep beforehand... Usually I stay up all night normally, but it would be nice if I made it to Anaheim (and back) alive.

ChibiHiku
06-28-2003, 07:00 AM
I get 6 hours of sleep at cons at night... if I'm luckie.

At Fanime this year... I think I got at least 5-6 hours of sleep per nite! @.@ That's what happens when you're drunk on laughter in a room full of otaku...

At Ax... ^^() first day... it's guaranteed that I'm going to be up for 36 hours, if not more. Have to drive down on Wednesday... so NO sleep for Hiku! Up from Wednesday morning till Thursday nite. No nap in between!

HuongStar
06-28-2003, 09:19 AM
My bare minimum is 7 hours every night. Cons & cosplay are not worth sleep deprivation.

Mimiru
06-30-2003, 12:06 AM
uhm.. for AX last year.. 5-6 hours a night.. for my auntie.. through out the AX weekend.. she only had 10 hours. x_x.. she stays out late with her friends while i sleep in the hotel room or watch t.v. -_-!!

Admin
06-30-2003, 12:57 AM
We don't really change our sleeping schedule much at cons, usually in bed by 3am and up around 11am, and we've been known to sleep in even further at conventions too. :) There's just no reason to rush around all morning only to be tired when the fun keeps going through the night.

Christine-chan
06-30-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by mochihead
You spend that much time & money preparing for cons, you should really try and be alert & awake for all of it.

*nods* that's very true..more ofthen than not, I see pictures of cosplayers with bags under their eyes or lookin like zombies cuz of hangovers or lack of sleep. If you spend so much effort on your costumes, you should keep a good appearance for your outfit, so you can do it justice and not look back at the convention pictures and cover your face in embarrassment ^_^;;.

I spent two days at AX last year, and I remember only getting a half hour of sleep..@_@ not pleasant..

Suzushichan
06-30-2003, 01:48 AM
*iz Sleepin'...* ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz...........