PDA

View Full Version : Wig Maker Needed

LadyVader
06-28-2003, 09:44 PM
I need a custom wig made for one of my costumes for Dragon*Con. Is there anyone who I can talk to here? Thanks.

-LadyVader

Koumori
06-28-2003, 11:25 PM
You want KaraokeKate. You can find her at www.katiebair.com - but I think she may be booked up for the summer.

KaraokeKate
06-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I'm currently booked through the 30th of August, and it looks like I'm about to fill up September slots as well. -_-'

ame-chan
06-30-2003, 12:56 PM
What exactly are you looking into making. Depending on what it might be we could give you some ideas so that you could do it yourself. I'm not exactly the cream of the crop when it comes to wig styling myself, but I've had a few successes, so I might be able to offer a few suggestions.

LadyVader
07-01-2003, 07:24 PM
A very, very long wig. It would have to be to the floor. The hair is made into two layers. The top layer is pulled up onto the top of the head and is secured by a crown-like headpiece. The bottom would be left to fall down the back and to the floor. The color is dark brown (Amidala brown). Any suggestions?

ame-chan
07-02-2003, 02:48 PM
Which outfit of hers specifically are you planning on doing? With an actual picture starting at me, it might make the idea flow better.

LadyVader
07-03-2003, 12:47 AM
It's a custom gown actually...desgined by yours truely...lol. It's an all-black satin gown with a empire waist and the material crosses kimono style over the bust. The bodice is tight and a belt remenisent of Leia's senatorial gown's belt will be at the waist. The neckline is wide and the sleeves are tight at the upper arm and bell out medieval style on the lower arm. There is a watteau back comming from the back of the dress. Does that help? Or have I confused you further?

ame-chan
07-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Umm...well I've got a good picture of the dress in mind...but what about the wig?

LadyVader
07-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Dark brown hair made into a big bun and put on top of the crown of the head. It will be secured by a crown that sits around the bun. Then, a floor length amount will fall freely down the back.

Koumori
07-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Haven't the slightest idea how one goes about making a wig floor length. Longer, yes; floor-length, no. Why not PM Kate and see if she has any insight she'd be willing to share, even if she hasn't got the time to make it for you right now?

KaraokeKate
07-07-2003, 06:34 AM
I'm actually working on my tutorials right now, and have one for "wefts" that addresses that.

Of course, your height is going to determine just how far your head is from the floor, but it's entirely possible to lengthen a wig up to 50 inches at the longest point from the back of your neck.

LadyVader
07-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Oh tuts are great! When will they be up? Thanks!

KaraokeKate
07-07-2003, 03:32 PM
*Hopefully* be the end of this week.