PDA

View Full Version : July photoshoot

Pages : [1] 2

Kumi-chan
06-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Welcome to GasuKan 7.0! (Hey, our numbers and the months match now! Cool!)

Theme: "Timeless"/"a shell, or what's left behind"
Date: Saturday, July 19th
Time: Start gathering at noon

About the location:
Address: 8011 Fauntleroy Way SW
Site: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=460

Directions (I-5 north/south bound)
- Take the West Seattle exit.
- Stay to the left if you are heading North on I-5; stay to the right if you are heading South on I-5.
- Follow the signs to Fauntleroy Way SW.
- Stay on Fauntleroy Way SW until you come to the Park on the right hand side of the street. You can also follow the signs for Vashon Ferry - the ferry terminal is south of the Park (you will come to the Park before you get to the ferry terminal.)

If you're coming by bus, visit the link to the site provided above; they've got info that will help you.

About the theme...
See two posts down on this page (my next post).

On scheduling conflicts...
Keep in mind that it's not possible for us to always avoid every local event. This especially holds true during the busy summer months (it's con season, one of the reasons I considered going bimonthly; kinda got shot down on that count.) There will be scheduling conflicts from time to time, and in that case it's up to you as an individual which one you chose. Friendly reminder: most of that other stuff happens once a year. We're monthly.

Everlasted
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
I've always wanted to go to Gasukan, but because of school... D:

But now it's summer. :D

What exactly does the theme mean? xP

Oh, and Lincoln Park is an excellent spot with a beach and a lot of trees.

Kumi-chan
06-18-2008, 02:08 PM
The theme...I'd like to stress that it can be ignored at will. Seriously. Don't feel the need to make a new costume or anything *looks at about a third of the regular attendees*

Anyway, the theme is basically a way for those of us who have multiple costumes to pick something, and to inspire group cosplay and photo ideas. This time around, it's "Timeless" (evokes "emotion" or "feeling", mood setter) and "a shell, or what's left behind" (sub-theme, prop-oriented but can also be interpreted less literally).

For example:
Timeless
Immortal characters (time has no meaning); classic series like Sailor Moon (the series itself is timeless); series setting is kind of ambiguous as to its time period (Naruto); time-traveling characters

a shell
Literal: Bring a shell as a photo prop. Since we're going to be at the beach, a seashell would be ideal. But you can get creative with the interpretation.

Metaphorical: Your character is a shell of their former self. Something happened to them that has drastically changed them physically, mentally, or emotionally.

...or what's left behind
Literal: Well, a shell is left behind when the animal inside moves on to something bigger and better (or dies, yay happy thoughts! ^^) Here's where you get to be creative. What else is shed or left behind when we move on, change, or upgrade to something better? Think of it from your character's mindset, with a mind to what would make good, thought-provoking, humorous, or sad photos. I think our theme this time lends itself to some melancholy interpretations.

Slightly less proppy-literal: People are also left behind when we change and move on. Good for choosing groups; not everyone in a series is involved in the same changes/power-ups, but those characters who are abandoned are still important to the series (and the main character's) development. Sometimes it's not the main characters who do the leaving, but are the ones who are abandoned. Which sucks, but hey, angst makes for awesome photos!

Everlasted
06-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the explanation! ^^

Perzephone
06-18-2008, 03:13 PM
woots ^_^ Hey Kumi I would like to help some more on Gasukan :) I already made a myspace group and about to make a myspace page for it :D Shoot me a PM or just reply back here :D

Heat
06-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Woooo! I've been waiting for this thread for like ever Kumi-Chan XP!
Now that I've got the theme in mind, I'm gonna go brainstorm some cosplays!

cpardo
06-18-2008, 05:04 PM
July 5th and that weekend is Seafair beginning, and the Pirate landing. The weekend is also Anime Expo in LA.

July 20th is the cosplay parade, so my guess either the 13th or 27th (both Sundays) will be the SC general meeting. I'll find out more about that hopefully soon. The torchlight parade isn't until 26th of July. So yeah mid-July is a good bet.

keropan
06-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Carkeek Park? I've only been there once (and it was a few years ago) but it was fairly nice there, and I'm pretty sure there's a beach. I think it's in north Seattle....

If we want to avoid the major parades (Chinatown/cosplay parade, Torchlight in downtown Seattle), they're on Saturdays, so we could have a meetup on a Sunday then? (edit: haha, cpardo wins!)

I have the perfect character, Kairi from Kingdom Hearts... the first one! XD;; I haven't worn it since SC '06 so I imagine it needs some attention (as well as a good washing kukuku), and I have to figure out the hair... u__u;

Perzephone
06-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Sundays won't work for me :\ since I work and its my day with my hunny. He doesn't cosplay but I'm trying to get him too :D

The~Wind
06-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Mmm.... Not sure what day... Because come hell or high water... I will have a job by then. I will, I will, I will.

I've already got my costumes lined up and such. Err... I dunno. I'm not too sure what day the SC General Meeting for July is. It'll be a Sunday, that much is obvious. Once Carlos or I know. We'll let you all know.

lilithfire
06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Always set for the weekends so just let me know when its going to be. The theme is really interesting, and hopefully wont require me to do a costume that will make me self-combust in the heat of the summer.

BiZ
06-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Hm. Sounds like a most perfect theme for Axel~I do wonder if anyone has an Organization coat I can borrow for the day--I'll fry like an egg, but such is the price of a nice photo. ;3

As for location, might I suggest Seward Park? Closer to Renton/Seattle outskirts and not exactly a beach, but a lake-like setting that isn't usually over-crowded. There are plenty of sand banks and warped climbing trees; there's a large field, some docks, forested areas, empty roads, and little back areas to explore. We would need to be wary of Seafair activities, but, other than that, it's a large place and there's always some free space somewhere.

If Seward Park doesn't work, I know of another large lake area with similar features and even more sandy-areas and forest trails, but I would need to speak with my aunt to find the exact name and location. Or we could always go to the gardens outside Woodland Park Zoo. x3

Perzephone
06-19-2008, 12:04 AM
oh oh I like Biz's Idea cus omg Seward park is like half amile away from my house WOOTS!

BiZ
06-19-2008, 01:36 AM
oh oh I like Biz's Idea cus omg Seward park is like half amile away from my house WOOTS!
S'just around the corner from my cousin's home. We can hella toddle back to someone's house and have snacks. x3

keropan
06-19-2008, 03:34 AM
OH HAY, Seward Park gets a thumbs-up from me! It's like a 15 minute drive away fufufu~

Damn, why didn't I think of it earlier? Haha XD

But yeah, Seward Park is HUEG LIEK XBOX; so many potential places for photo ops. Gorgeous, too. Eep, now I'm thinking about bringing another costume! XD

Perzephone
06-19-2008, 11:36 AM
I like the idea of Seward park ^_^ and also I hope its not on the weekend of the 25th I just realized I'll be out of town that weekend for my sisters baby shower :\ so don't plan it on the 25th please cus I don't want to miss out on this one

Heat
06-19-2008, 01:25 PM
So does July 13th at Seward Park work?
I reckon that works for me
I wonder if I can get my cosplay done in time >.>

cpardo
06-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Does anyone have any good photos of the park? I tried to google but no good shots of the beach and stuff.

I found a link for the park though:

http://www.seattle.gov/Parks/environment/seward.htm

One thing I wonder about is it says "A permit is required to reserve a playingfield, facility, stage or performing arts area, or to use a park for a gathering of a large number of people."

sailorkagura07
06-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't mind it being the first half of July either! ^^ My bestest-friend--sister--twin is going to be visiting from out-of-state then and wants to come to Gasukan! And we'll be Kairi (KHII) and Namine! ^_^

Bredward
06-19-2008, 06:32 PM
So does July 13th at Seward Park work?
I reckon that works for me
I wonder if I can get my cosplay done in time >.>
That sounds like the best day for me. But someone should check out that thing about the permit before we confirm the location.

My costume is already almost done. :]

BiZ
06-19-2008, 06:59 PM
I have never heard of the permit before. We--my family and I--take a huge numbers of people down there all the time, and we have not once been bothered. I suppose it's for the safety of the residents along the banks though there are plenty of areas no where near the homes. :|

puckcc
06-19-2008, 07:15 PM
This will (hopefully) be my first GasuKan! I haven't been able to make it to any of the others, but I'll be going as Malon/Cremia for sure. I've never been to Seward park, but from what I can tell, it looks really good.

I agree with the later date for it, I'm going to be at a wedding on the other side of the state on the weekend of the 13th.. The 26th or 27th would work for me though! Or basically ANY other date besides the 12-14th.

Kumi-chan
06-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Ooh, sounds like we're getting several answers on the date. I don't think we're going to be able to please everyone this time. (Told you guys summer was busy!)

Slightly off-topic, but is anyone going to be in Fremont on Saturday? I was thinking I might go and dress up for the occasion. First year I'll be available to do so.

(Oh, and I know this only interests a couple of you, but I finally got new tires for my van! Which means rides are back on for next GasuKan.)

ultimaaa
06-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Have fun this month guys. :D I'm not attending because, well, I'm kind of in a different country at the moment. XDDD BUT I WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT. /o/

Bredward
06-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Ooh, sounds like we're getting several answers on the date. I don't think we're going to be able to please everyone this time. (Told you guys summer was busy!)

Slightly off-topic, but is anyone going to be in Fremont on Saturday? I was thinking I might go and dress up for the occasion. First year I'll be available to do so.

(Oh, and I know this only interests a couple of you, but I finally got new tires for my van! Which means rides are back on for next GasuKan.)

Yeah, it's definately unavoidable for the date to be something that's convenient for everyone. But we should definately avoid scheduling it so it conflicts with major events that are going to create conflicts for a lot of people. I know that there's lots of stuff going on over the 5th and 6th due to the Fourth of July and everything, and I bet that a lot of people also want to go to the Cosplay parade on the 20th. And several people have mentioned Torchlight on the 26th. So that leaves us with the 12th, 13th, 19th, and 27th.

Fang of Critias
06-19-2008, 09:46 PM

I'd... better not. Considering how uncomfortable I usually feel when I stay deep in Seattle for too long, in an event like the Fremont Solstice, I'd be likely to troll around with my Apple dieNote.

On-topic: I was hoping we'd have the next Gasukan somewhere closer to Renton this time, just so it'd be easier for me to take Metro there on a (likely) Sunday schedule.

puckcc
06-20-2008, 12:28 AM
The 19th would actually be pretty cool. Two cosplaying events in two days, like a little mini con... except not? xD It would be a nice chance to meet new people before the parade (but that might only apply to be because I'm a newbie and don't know anyone xD; ) That date might conflict with some who can't make it to the parade, though, and then they couldn't make it to either. In any case, I'll try my best to be there, and if not, there's always next time!

TseUq
06-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Have fun this month guys. :D I'm not attending because, well, I'm kind of in a different country at the moment.

PFFFF MINOR DETAIL XDDDD

... cept it *would* be a little harder for you to attend from where you are XD ... only a little though XDDDD lol

Perzephone
06-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Have fun this month guys. :D I'm not attending because, well, I'm kind of in a different country at the moment. XDDD BUT I WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT. /o/

SO what country are you hiding at :)

On-topic: yah the later july is bad for me as I will be out of town.
The 13th and the other dates mentioned would be fine ^_^

PrincessLulu
06-20-2008, 05:16 AM
The 13th would be best for me! and the location is fine-- Although we should check into the permit if its needed :3

Hitokiri Kenshin
06-20-2008, 05:25 AM
For me, it depends on how July will be for me. Date's fine. Can't do the Fremont thing as I'll be finishing getting stuff ready at my house for the next day.

ultimaaa
06-20-2008, 09:09 AM
PFFFF MINOR DETAIL XDDDD

... cept it *would* be a little harder for you to attend from where you are XD ... only a little though XDDDD lol

A little, eh? :P

Everlasted
06-20-2008, 10:38 AM
(but that might only apply to be because I'm a newbie and don't know anyone xD; )

Don't worry, I'm sort of new to cosplaying too.^^
(Unless you count dressing up as the green Power Ranger for Halloween when I was 4. xP )

The~Wind
06-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Well... Right now... Any date works for me. I have an interview at Sears (here's hoping I get the job!) next Friday. So right now. I'm free. ^__^ But, if I get the job and am scheduled to work. I won't be coming. I work as much as I can so I have money for my bills and convnetions.

If I come, I might just hang out in my usual dress.

SvK
06-20-2008, 04:34 PM
A little, eh? :P
I see you're having no trouble adjusting to your recent move.

Justke
06-20-2008, 05:20 PM
The 13th works for me too ^____^

The~Wind
06-20-2008, 06:25 PM
I totally have my costume for Gasukan 7.0 now. ^__^ It's a secret. I have everything for it. Just need a wig.

Darkain
06-20-2008, 08:45 PM
*poke*

I'm not dead... I... promise??

ShinWHO
06-21-2008, 02:47 AM
I could head down from Queen Anne to Fremont for a bit. What time and where? Hopefully not too early. I'll be easy to find with the F-ZERO GX cap.

PhotoPanda
06-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Yaay a beach! There are no conflicting days for me! >_> June's my hectic month. WHOO! I wonder if anyone will want a trip to dennys and/or ihop (and OPEN/EXISTING) after the kan too!!! >_> maybe it wont run till 4am tho...but either way i'll be up playing RO if i'm not at dennys....

cpardo
06-21-2008, 03:17 PM
I wonder if anyone will want a trip to dennys and/or ihop (and OPEN/EXISTING) after the kan too!!! >_> maybe it wont run till 4am tho...

Aw man I hope not, Po.

Chibi Chichiri
06-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I put in my vote for either Lincoln Park or Seahurst Park in Burien. Both are nice areas and have a beach and lots of trees and stuff too. I prefer an area that isn't all beach because some of the costumes for the group I'm involved in are most definitely NOT beach or sand friendly.

cpardo
06-22-2008, 01:04 AM
I've been to Seahurst before and it's beautiful there--it's on the ocean. They have sheltered picnic areas, but I don't know if they have to be reserved.

here's a video!: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0X3Kecc9QMY

x0g33k0x
06-22-2008, 04:43 AM
PFFFF MINOR DETAIL XDDDD

LOL! Yeeaaa...totally just a little. She can ask Santa if she can borrow his reindeer. >>; (Don't kill me Keena XD)

SvK
06-22-2008, 05:22 AM
I've been to Seahurst before and it's beautiful there--it's on the ocean. They have sheltered picnic areas, but I don't know if they have to be reserved.

here's a video!: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0X3Kecc9QMY

Here's a video of Lincoln Park (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sesOnXMcaBk)

Everlasted
06-22-2008, 05:33 PM

rofl. xP

Perzephone
06-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Rofl!

shadownet752
06-22-2008, 06:18 PM
this park has an actual beach yes? i mean with sand and water ya know? cause i was thinking of beach themed cosplays if the weather's nice enough. also for those following and planning to attend the whole Aki-con convention i was talking about in the last forum, it's now a three day event in everett in november!!

just keepin you guys updated! can't wait for gasukan though !!!

also 13th works for me!!! i'd love any sunday actually, but w/e works!

Ka.GAMI
06-22-2008, 06:55 PM
I've got to make it to this one. It sounds like a lot of fun.
I forgot when the Gasukan last month was, and then by the time I remembered, it was already that day. xD -fail-

ultimaaa
06-22-2008, 08:58 PM
LOL! Yeeaaa...totally just a little. She can ask Santa if she can borrow his reindeer. >>; (Don't kill me Keena XD)

I hate you all.

cpardo
06-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Okay so apparently July 20th for the cosplay parade is unconfirmed--sorry I thought it was but I'll keep you posted. The Sakura Con meeting is definitely on the 20th the same day. So now we have some more weekend days to choose from.

shadownet752, that's good news on the new con. It looks like I'll have to do hotel room reserves when their site is up for it. Where is the source of your info?

Everlasted
06-22-2008, 10:02 PM
this park has an actual beach yes? i mean with sand and water ya know? cause i was thinking of beach themed cosplays if the weather's nice enough.

Are you'd talking about Lincoln Park? Yes, it has a beach. Though part of the beach is rocky, there are sandy parts, too. ;)

ShinWHO
06-23-2008, 01:11 AM
This is a bit off topic, but...
The newest issue of Cosmode (June 2008, issue 22) has 10 pages of photos from Sakuracon! You should check it out. Your picture may have made it into a Japanese cosplay book.

shadownet752
06-23-2008, 01:20 AM
Okay so apparently July 20th for the cosplay parade is unconfirmed--sorry I thought it was but I'll keep you posted. The Sakura Con meeting is definitely on the 20th the same day. So now we have some more weekend days to choose from.

shadownet752, that's good news on the new con. It looks like I'll have to do hotel room reserves when their site is up for it. Where is the source of your info?

ever heard of NDP comics??? local manga-kas in the seattle area! ^_^

cpardo
06-23-2008, 01:52 AM
ever heard of NDP comics??? local manga-kas in the seattle area! ^_^

Oh yeah I know them they've been guests at anime oasis for several years. I checked their site is it on there? I didn't see it I may have missed it.

EDIT: Oh I just saw your other post with the email and website info. Thanks!

puckcc
06-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Don't worry, I'm sort of new to cosplaying too.^^
(Unless you count dressing up as the green Power Ranger for Halloween when I was 4. xP )

xD I went as Ariel for Halloween long long ago... maybe that could count as Kingdom Hearts? (even though it didn't exist at the time...)

I'm pretty sure there aren't any surprise weddings in November, so unless school gets in the way with some huge paper (maybe not even then) I'll be at Aki-Con. Can't wait! :)

PhotoPanda
06-23-2008, 01:23 PM
I hate you all.

You forgot the 'eh'. C'mon, you don't wanna talk like a tourist in your own country.

PhotoPanda
06-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh yeah I know them they've been guests at anime oasis for several years. I checked their site is it on there? I didn't see it I may have missed it.

EDIT: Oh I just saw your other post with the email and website info. Thanks!

O_O I see no post. I see no email and wbsite info. WHERE? or if you just wanna repost it that's cool too.

PhotoPanda
06-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Spam

Perzephone
06-23-2008, 01:37 PM
This is a bit off topic, but...
The newest issue of Cosmode (June 2008, issue 22) has 10 pages of photos from Sakuracon! You should check it out. Your picture may have made it into a Japanese cosplay book.

O REALLY! ok going to get that on my break or at least look at it hehe

kelsey uchiha
06-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Lincoln Park not to be confused with the band Linkin Park!XD Nice.

Hitokiri Kenshin
06-23-2008, 07:43 PM
You know how you guys said something about a Gasukan on facebook? Well, I just made the group. Haven't uploaded too many pics yet, but did send out invites.

Ka.GAMI
06-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Wait- are we talking about the Lincoln Park on Fauntleroy Way? Because I know I'd be able to make it no matter what if we're talking about that Lincoln Park.

Kumi-chan
06-24-2008, 01:22 PM
"Lincoln Park - DBZ cosplay welcome!"

*cookies*

A mix of sandy and rocky actually sounds like it would suit nicely. As to date...how about Saturday the 19th?

Perzephone
06-24-2008, 03:22 PM
ok I can so Linclon Park :D Hecks yah! also Jearad I didn't get the invite to the group lol

Everlasted
06-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Yay for Lincoln Park! ^^ I live very close to it. xP

And the 19th works for me.

puckcc
06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
"Lincoln Park - DBZ cosplay welcome!"

*cookies*

A mix of sandy and rocky actually sounds like it would suit nicely. As to date...how about Saturday the 19th?

Sounds great! I like the idea of Seward Park or Lincoln Park the best.

cpardo
06-24-2008, 05:00 PM
ok I can so Linclon Park :D Hecks yah! also Jearad I didn't get the invite to the group lol

You didn't? But you're a member of the group now--Facebook group one right?

Hitokiri Kenshin
06-24-2008, 06:03 PM
I think she was one of the ones I sent invites to.

kelsey uchiha
06-24-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't know if I just heard this from paranoid people,but the word is Seward park isn't very "safe".

Perzephone
06-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Hehe that was like a looooooong time ago that it wasn't safe. /rools eyes I hate it when ppl just put rumors about my neighborhood like that. :( makes me sad and I lived in the same neighborhood since I was born lol (no Idon't live with my parents) lol

I just went to Jeards page n joined lol Never got the invite which is weird lol

keropan
06-24-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't know if I just heard this from paranoid people,but the word is Seward park isn't very "safe".

It's safe, provided you don't do anything blatantly stupid. But doesn't that go for a lot of other places as well? ;p

Either Lincoln or Seward works for me! Plus I don't have any particular preference for dates so whatever the majority votes for is a-okay~

TseUq
06-24-2008, 10:27 PM

"Viewing this video is unavailable in your country"

^ is it supposed to say that 0.o

Edit: randomly, but sundays work better for me XDD lol!~

lilithfire
06-25-2008, 12:17 AM
We might be doing a show at Seward Park for SeaFair this month (*nudges cpardo* lol) Might be doing some anime rock songs so we'll keep you posted on that. We need your support! :rockon:

cpardo
06-25-2008, 01:10 AM
We might be doing a show at Seward Park for SeaFair this month (*nudges cpardo* lol) Might be doing some anime rock songs so we'll keep you posted on that. We need your support! :rockon:

Yes I got your message lilithfire I'm in!

Back to Gasukan: 19th is okey dokey, Lincoln Park is groovy. I'm helping Hitokiri with the Facebook GK group page--we'll keep it up to date. It's fun! And I feel happier contributing more to the GK cause, rather than just showing up and taking photos.

Airika
06-25-2008, 01:53 AM
Best days for me is the 13th, 19th, or 20. I'm really looking forward to this one and hopefully be able to make it :3

As for cosplay, its undecided like usual XD

SvK
06-25-2008, 11:15 AM
"Viewing this video is unavailable in your country"

^ is it supposed to say that 0.o

Edit: randomly, but sundays work better for me XDD lol!~

YouTube is racist against Canadians.
Maybe this link will work: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sesOnXMcaBk

Perzephone
06-25-2008, 11:36 AM
I can do any saturdays in lol July just as long its not on the weekend of the 25th ^_^ and also I yet to decided what to do for my cosplay Bleh

Kumi-chan
06-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Okay, since I'd like to give everyone who works a chance to request the time off, I'm just going to make our date the 19th. And I took a gander at one of the sites for Lincoln Park, and I'm impressed; the beach is lovely, and it's got some nice wooded areas, exactly what I had in mind. Gets my vote! I'm putting the info in the head post.

Ah, now to pull out my fabric and get to work. I swear, I will finish Rin and Yuta for this shoot! Not so sure about Rin's armor, but the tunics will be done. Got the day off, so I can at least make the patterns and pin and cut out today.
Better order my wig soon.

cpardo
06-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I swear, I will finish Rin and Yuta for this shoot! Not so sure about Rin's armor, but the tunics will be done.

:love:
Thank you Kumi!!!!

And I'll go ahead and post the date as an event on the Facebook to make it official there.

EDIT: I'll have to do it when I get home since Facebook doesn't work right here on the break room computer at work!

Perzephone
06-25-2008, 12:51 PM
ROck on Ill post it on the GAsukan group on myspace too ^_^ and Carlos I know how yah feel with helping out GK ^_^ It feels good!

Perzephone
06-25-2008, 12:56 PM
oh Btw here is the URL for the folks who are Myspacing it ^_^ for the group for Gasukan on myspace!
http://groups.myspace.com/Gasukan

P.s I will make the the official Myspace page for us too ^_^ send me pics or anything so I can post them :D

shadownet752
06-25-2008, 01:04 PM
oh man... sadly i can't go on the 19th im coaching this swim meet at 1pm and it's kinda mandatory ToT well i guess that gives me more time to get my costume together for the next gasukan or penny arcade ^_^

PhotoPanda
06-25-2008, 01:08 PM

DUDE!! totally have to go and see you all! Anyone else i kno in the band??

Kumi-chan
06-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey all you folks who're spreading the word on Gasukan! I've put a new thread up on the Sakura Con message boards, and I've requested sticky status for it! (Suggestion from a couple of friends of mine who mod over there.)

If you've created a publicly viewable group or you've got a number of photo galleries for GK, give me the link here or through the SC boards, and I'll put the information in the head post over there. Galleries for past GKs are great as well, since they let new attendees see what we're like.

And for anyone who was still curious: yes, I'll be working on the icon this month. And there will be flyers to pass out at the next meetup, regardless of whether it or the mascots are done. I hope they are, but we need some way to easily explain ourselves to interested bystanders.

New thread --> http://www.scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?p=513842#513842. Includes links to all our past threads on this site, some of our galleries, links to other groups discussing the meetups. Good reference for information if you're setting up a group. I'll be making similar adjustments to our cosspace page.

Perzephone
06-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Totally agree Kumi ^_^ and I'll be bugging Christabelle(Lilithfire) about making me some cards with my contact infos lol so I don't have to keep writing them down ROFL for functions like this ^_^

The~Wind
06-25-2008, 03:26 PM
The 19th works well for me. I've got to finalize my costume stuff with people and go out shopping.

I just hope that I won't have to work on the 19th, since yeah... Because I'll just have started if I get the job I'm aiming for.

Justke
06-25-2008, 05:37 PM
oh man... sadly i can't go on the 19th im coaching this swim meet at 1pm and it's kinda mandatory ToT well i guess that gives me more time to get my costume together for the next gasukan or penny arcade ^_^

D: boo, those kids can drown themselves. Well, at least it gives more time for you to order that wig, right?

DevientShadow
06-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Best days for me is the 13th, 19th, or 20. I'm really looking forward to this one and hopefully be able to make it :3

As for cosplay, its undecided like usual XD

OMG!!! You better make it this time too!! Kimi wants to hang out with you, I hope your GF can make it this time.

Anyhoot, I have a cosplay I really want to do for this, I just hope I can get it all done and ready in time. *sighs* I want to do my own version of Roxas, its gonna be awesome if it works out, I just hope it looks okay since its gonna be my own wakky version of him XD *crosses fingers* Here;s hoping :skidude2:

Fang of Critias
06-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Lincoln Park, eh? That's just evil for me; that park is huge. I wouldn't even know where to find all of you.

On the plus side, I finally completed my third Light costume for the event. Since I'm using a few pieces from my Ginko cosplay as well, I should be able to switch back and forth between cosplays as I please.

cpardo
06-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Here's the link to the GK Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17195743925&ref=mf

I'm working on updating info right now.

Everlasted
06-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Hopefully my Matt cosplay will get done in time. -needs to stop procrastinating- =p

xSnow
06-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Depending on a lot of things, I might be attending as Maya Fey~

cpardo
06-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Hmmm...

I wonder if I can learn how to swim properly by July 19th...?

Kumi-chan
06-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Hey ya'll! We got stickied over on the Sakura Con forums!

Perzephone
06-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Wooots!

Justke
06-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Hmmm...

I wonder if I can learn how to swim properly by July 19th...?

Me too <<;; XD floaties?

sailor tweek
06-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Phooey...the 19th is my bridal shower ^_^
You all have fun, take lots of photos, and pour a few for me!

PrincessLulu
06-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Ohhh im getting so excited for this! :D

Hopefully i can have a new costume done in time, if not then i shall unvail all 3 of my new cosplays at kumori this summer XD

*croses fingers* i hope i can get a new one done :3

cpardo
06-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Me too <<;; XD floaties?

Oh you can't float either, huh?

Anyways I have other exciting cosplays lining up (well, I think they're exciting) that won't be at July's GK, but perhaps future ones and definitely at the cons in August. July should be cool, though.

And when I have a spare moment, I'm going to start some Gasukan-inspired artwork to share (post that is). I have lots of ideas--it'll be like anime and game characters, but with a twist.

Perzephone
06-28-2008, 02:22 AM
btw I bought the june Cosmode HOMG@ there are like 6 folks from Gasukan in there! Btw Heat were you one of the Saiyuki cosplayers??? Cus the guy with teh red longish wig totally looks like you and if it is you then your in Cosmode! WOOTS

Darkain
06-28-2008, 03:10 AM
GasuKan 7.0 @ CosplayMeetup.com (http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/GasuKan_7/)

Thar we go, I just updated cosmeet with the altest details on GasuKan 7!!

*arbitrary*

did anyone make an ICON for GASUKAN yet...? i'm still looking for one. ;)

Kumi-chan
06-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Working on it, working on it...

Dug out my yukata today (the real one I found at the thrift store, not the inaccurate one I made from the butterick pattern) and I'm pretty sure I can use it as the pattern for both Yuta and Rin. Or at least use it to make the patterns. And since I don't have work until 3:30 today, I can test it out!

As to the breastplate...I think I need to watch "Village of the Fighting Fish" again, maybe a couple episodes of Inuyasha too, and see what it looks like in action. I'm really hoping sanded-down popsicle sticks will work, because honestly I have no clue what else to use for the "scaling" effect you get on traditional Japanese armor. From what I can remember it works something like the shingles on a roof, but I could be entirely wrong. Would a poor village of pirates have armor made from metal scales? Didn't they use bamboo armor for a large part of Japanese history? It's supposed to be somewhat heavy, but beyond that I don't really know.

*sigh* I may need to visit the library. At least I ordered that book on making your own Japanese clothes, finally. Should be somewhat helpful for collar construction.

Heat
06-28-2008, 08:54 PM
btw I bought the june Cosmode HOMG@ there are like 6 folks from Gasukan in there! Btw Heat were you one of the Saiyuki cosplayers??? Cus the guy with teh red longish wig totally looks like you and if it is you then your in Cosmode! WOOTS

Hellas ya that Saiyuki guy with the long red hair is me!! The character is Sha Gojyo XP! I already did my psychobilly freak out so I'll spare all of you :skidude2:

Anyways!
It's down to two possible cosplays! Wakka-KH ooooor Luffy - One Piece
This is tough XD!

Justke
06-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Anyways!
It's down to two possible cosplays! Wakka-KH ooooor Luffy - One Piece
This is tough XD!

I'm smelling a KH group brewing XD I was debating whether to make a Kid-Riku or Kid/Swimsuit-esque Roxas. ^^ You should bring both!

Rikkizilla
06-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Definitely won't be able to make it up to this months, not that anyone is really disappointed XD! Hope everyone has fun! 8D

SvK
06-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Wakka Wakka Wakka!

Kumi-chan
06-29-2008, 12:24 AM
I'd be up for One Piece cosplay. That'd be two pirate costumes for the shoot...perfect for the beach! (Although neither looks like a "traditional" pirate, at least in the western sense.)

Hitokiri Kenshin
06-29-2008, 12:41 AM
WIth the beach, might do Koji without the jacket and shorts.

rockthedojo
06-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Not that anyone was probably too worried about me but regretable I missed Sakuracon =o/ And a lot of other things but once I get situated I hope to be hitting up the shoots again =oD

I mostly just dropped in to see if anyone missed me ='o)

Kumi-chan
06-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey everyone! Today's supposed to be super hot and awesome! And I've got the day off, so I'm gonna go scope out Lincoln Park in person (and maybe work on getting my skin slightly less fishbelly-esque). Anyone to join me? I'll be heading out as soon as I've packed some food and stuff, so I might make it over there between 11:30 and noon.

I know it's a little last minute, but I wasn't sure what I was going to do today until last night. I think I'll also be bringing my camera so I can see scouting good photo locations. If I take any, I'll post tonight or tomorrow.

See you if I see you! I will not be in cosplay today. Just so you know.

Perzephone
06-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I wish I could go Kumi but Im at work BLEH! but at least we have AC whew

lilithfire
06-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Im tentatively going as Lightning from FF 13. I need help with my wig and boots. Any ideas?

Perzephone
06-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I know that the Ebay place I go to has her wig as well as Cosworx. Also boots I need to see which boots they are and what they look like to get an idea ^_^

keropan
06-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm smelling a KH group brewing XD I was debating whether to make a Kid-Riku or Kid/Swimsuit-esque Roxas. ^^ You should bring both!

Yay, Kingdom Hearts! I'm so excited already! Let's see if I can get my hair to be red? TwT;;;

I really hope the weather then will be as nice as this weekend's! Well... maybe a little less hot would be preferable, fufu.

Justke
06-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Yay, Kingdom Hearts! I'm so excited already! Let's see if I can get my hair to be red? TwT;;;

I really hope the weather then will be as nice as this weekend's! Well... maybe a little less hot would be preferable, fufu.

Yay!! ^^

Hahaha, yeah XD I totally fried yesterday walking around Pike Place.

ShinWHO
06-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey everyone! Today's supposed to be super hot and awesome! And I've got the day off, so I'm gonna go scope out Lincoln Park in person (and maybe work on getting my skin slightly less fishbelly-esque). Anyone to join me? I'll be heading out as soon as I've packed some food and stuff, so I might make it over there between 11:30 and noon.

I know it's a little last minute, but I wasn't sure what I was going to do today until last night. I think I'll also be bringing my camera so I can see scouting good photo locations. If I take any, I'll post tonight or tomorrow.

See you if I see you! I will not be in cosplay today. Just so you know.
Wow, talk about random...
I was there today doing the same thing. And I just now saw your post. You didn't happen to have a bike too, did you? While I was taking pictures down by the shore, a lady with a bike stopped in front of me and gave me this wierd look. Then followed and passed me. I was wearing a Zelda OOT emblem shirt with a bright red Nintendo on my left arm. Seriously, lol, do you want to just meet somewhere?
It's the first time I was there and I really liked the park. It was a lot cooler there than here in Redmond. I think the funniest thing was the sign that said "No weapons or firearms". Should have taken a picture of that! I guess that means I can't bring things like Yoko's huge rifle.
Anyway... I'm done trying to set stuff up with other people for this and have them ditch the morning of. Where's the meetin' spot? Will cpardo be the first one there again?

Kumi-chan
06-30-2008, 12:45 AM
One of the things I wanted to do today was pick a meeting spot. I think I found one, not right on the water. It's a large-ish field by the parking lot on the south end of the park, near the kid's playground. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

There's a perfect Inuyasha tree there. Makes me happy, since I plan on bringing Kagome. (Might not do Nami after all, since that outfit might be a little warm.) I might do another casual version of Orihime, too, just for the heck of it.

No, didn't have my bike. There were a lot of people there today. I didn't see the "no weapons" sign, but it's something we need to take into consideration.

cpardo
06-30-2008, 01:21 AM
The park is pretty nice and big, with some nice grassy areas for picnicking and plenty of forest, then you walk paths down to the waterfront where there's a long shoreline you can explore. There are places to relax, benches, picnic tables and shelters (numbered ones have to be reserved). The water is great (but cold! But I got in it, that's a big step for me!). There's also a pool but there was a line to get in.

Yeah I was there first, but it was just us two lol...

Everlasted
06-30-2008, 01:15 PM
The park is pretty nice and big, with some nice grassy areas for picnicking and plenty of forest, then you walk paths down to the waterfront where there's a long shoreline you can explore. There are places to relax, benches, picnic tables and shelters (numbered ones have to be reserved). The water is great (but cold! But I got in it, that's a big step for me!). There's also a pool but there was a line to get in.

...Don't forget the swings! xP

I'm looking forward to cosplaying while at the playground. (7 year old at heart)

It's a large-ish field by the parking lot on the south end of the park, near the kid's playground.

I know what field you're talking about. o: I went to Lincoln Park a couple days ago with my friends and took some pictures. I'm pretty sure I took a picture of the south entrance. Lemme see if I still have it.

cpardo
06-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I think props will be good for photos, maybe not fake guns being waved around. For Rin and Yuta, a spear would be a great prop (could pretend we're trying to spear a fish in the water!), so I'd like to get a fake spear from the costume store (made of plastic/PVC), and use it for photos ops only.

SvK
06-30-2008, 10:23 PM
I think props will be good for photos, maybe not fake guns being waved around.
Those are the only props I have. :waaaah:

Rekka
06-30-2008, 11:24 PM
I'll be going (my first Gasukan, w00t) and bringing one or two people, but I haven't decided on what cosplay to bring yet. :|;;

AznTranquility
07-01-2008, 03:06 AM
final fantasy VII! XD

Rekka
07-01-2008, 03:34 PM
We're thinking about doing Kingdom hearts, actually. :D;; I think.

And the only FFVII cosplay I have is Reno, but I cut the ponytail off to use the wig for Axel, so it's not really an option anymore, ehn. >>;; (Plus the blazer would be too hot.)

Hitokiri Kenshin
07-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Just realized something. You guys know how you made it to movies last time, well day before is when "The Dark Knight" comes out.

Fang of Critias
07-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Just realized something. You guys know how you made it to movies last time, well day before is when "The Dark Knight" comes out.

I've been wanting to see that for ages now, but what theaters are nearby Lincoln Park?

Everlasted
07-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I've been wanting to see that for ages now, but what theaters are nearby Lincoln Park?

There aren't any theaters in West Seattle besides the Admiral, which plays older movies.

But there's a bus you can take to Downtown from Lincoln Park.

Fang of Critias
07-01-2008, 10:51 PM
There aren't any theaters in West Seattle besides the Admiral, which plays older movies.

But there's a bus you can take to Downtown from Lincoln Park.

Yes, I know. But I'd prefer to stay in Lincoln Park for as long as I can. I've been slacking off from people last time, so this month I need to take twice as much names as normal. Especially as I plan to go to Kumoricon this year.

shadownet752
07-02-2008, 12:32 AM
D: boo, those kids can drown themselves. Well, at least it gives more time for you to order that wig, right?

:toothy: i wish, yet you're one to talk with your water wings!!! haha

we need to get together to buy things:
-sasuke wig
-black star wig
-lancia wig
-and that wonder flex stuff!! :bigtu:

Kumi-chan
07-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Where are you guys getting your Wonderflex? I think I need some for my armor.

Perzephone
07-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Yah cus I need to get some wonderflex too! tells us where you get it :D

rockthedojo
07-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I prefer ABS plastic for armor... Wonderflex is great for staffs and idols etc... but acrylonitrile butadiene styrene is the newest heavy industrial heatable plastic... It paints really well i use it in automotive work a lot for consoles, speaker boxes, custom motorcycle pieces, body kits, etc.

So ya thats my two cents if you wanna make badass realistic armor use ABS instead. Ya its pricey sorta you have to buy 8x5 ft sheets and the price plus shipping comes to 90-100$ a sheet and you heat it in the oven where its cook temp is like 90 degrees more than wonderflex... but you make something outta abs and it will be armor... like straight up nothing short of a 22 will break it or go through it. And to reiterrate the point it takes paint way better wonderflex melted last time i sprayed it will ureathane paints lol =o/

Kumi-chan
07-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Dearie me...but I only need a little tiny bit:
Rin (http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w212/Midori_no_Kumiko/Mermaid%20Saga/rin.jpg)
Color shot (http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w212/Midori_no_Kumiko/Mermaid%20Saga/rin3.jpg)

That smooth, dark plate at the top and the straps. The rest is going to be made out of wood and leather-substitute. It's not plate armor (western style). I think it's supposed to be relatively light.

PhotoPanda
07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
I prefer ABS plastic for armor... Wonderflex is great for staffs and idols etc... but acrylonitrile butadiene styrene is the newest heavy industrial heatable plastic... It paints really well i use it in automotive work a lot for consoles, speaker boxes, custom motorcycle pieces, body kits, etc.

So ya thats my two cents if you wanna make badass realistic armor use ABS instead. Ya its pricey sorta you have to buy 8x5 ft sheets and the price plus shipping comes to 90-100$ a sheet and you heat it in the oven where its cook temp is like 90 degrees more than wonderflex... but you make something outta abs and it will be armor... like straight up nothing short of a 22 will break it or go through it. And to reiterrate the point it takes paint way better wonderflex melted last time i sprayed it will ureathane paints lol =o/

DUDE. you should totally bring a sample for us to look at after it's painted and finished and stuff.

rockthedojo
07-02-2008, 12:25 PM
DUDE. you should totally bring a sample for us to look at after it's painted and finished and stuff.

Well im extremely busy this month but next months shoot i could bring some. I normally dun tell people about it but all of us are kind of a private group so i dun mind sharing some of my skillz.

Dearie me...but I only need a little tiny bit:

Well I buy a lot of industrial paints and chemicals and such in bulk sooo we might be able to cut a deal among the group. Like i have thousands of dollars of painting equipment and a sewing machine but i suck at sewing lol... So trade for trade could work out.

As far as how much the ABS costs i have 2 sheets sitting around waiting to be used so I can easily divet it into smaller portions for adiquet rembersment.

Justke
07-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Hmmm, well for us we were thinking of using the wonderflex for weapons and stuff ^^ not armor. The ABS sounds a little more complicated to use, so maybe eventually we'll upgrade to that once we try out wonderflex. XD (maybe?) I've never made a weapon before so I think I'll just test out the waters before I dive into some big investments. :D But I'll keep ABS in mind when I start a cosplay that involves armor.

For wonderflex, I was thinking of buying from this site: http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/wonderflex/wonderflex.html

Airika
07-02-2008, 09:09 PM
OMG!!! You better make it this time too!! Kimi wants to hang out with you, I hope your GF can make it this time.

Anyhoot, I have a cosplay I really want to do for this, I just hope I can get it all done and ready in time. *sighs* I want to do my own version of Roxas, its gonna be awesome if it works out, I just hope it looks okay since its gonna be my own wakky version of him XD *crosses fingers* Here;s hoping :skidude2:

Hehe, we'll both be making it this time unless my parents decide they don't wanna bring us back in time for Gasukan from a beach vacation TT3TT;; I wanna hanggg 8D

As for cosplay, I'm running quite low on ideas and money ;3;
If the KH group goes, I wish I could whip out some Sora-ness <3

BiZ
07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Oh, the conflicts: I do not think I will be attending after all.

Perzephone
07-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Ash lets do the Sexy No Jutsu theme I gots Christa to join us :D

Heat
07-03-2008, 08:40 PM
So I've been looking into a Wakka cosplay but finding the right wig is driving me nuts! Can anyone suggest something awesome? :D!

Rekka
07-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Methinks I'll be Seifer (Kingdom Hearts II version) and I'll have Olette with me, possibly Hayner.

Although, my "Seifer coat" is actually the coat I used for my Kaiba Seto costume...so it'll have red lining on the inside, but hopefully I'll make the flaps on the front work with a darker material. (I just don't want to ruin the coat, as we worked SO HARD on it (kinda a sentimental thing, I guess), but I'm NOT willing to make another sleeveless white trenchcoat.)

I have the shirt, pants, and beanie finished, though...and I hope to bring a struggle bat if I have enough time to assemble one. 8D

PrincessLulu
07-04-2008, 08:20 PM
I think i have decided on what im going to wear XD

I finally got around to getting the shinigami costume for yoruichi from her younger years and thought it would fit the theme perfectly :D

kinda a lil excited now :3

Everlasted
07-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Methinks I'll be Seifer (Kingdom Hearts II version) and I'll have Olette with me, possibly Hayner.

Although, my "Seifer coat" is actually the coat I used for my Kaiba Seto costume...so it'll have red lining on the inside, but hopefully I'll make the flaps on the front work with a darker material. (I just don't want to ruin the coat, as we worked SO HARD on it (kinda a sentimental thing, I guess), but I'm NOT willing to make another sleeveless white trenchcoat.)

I have the shirt, pants, and beanie finished, though...and I hope to bring a struggle bat if I have enough time to assemble one. 8D

OMG Seifer = <3.
I can't wait to see your cosplay. ^^

PrincessLulu
07-04-2008, 10:02 PM
anyone else doing any bleach cosplay?! if so be sure to grab me for pictures! i need some new ones of my shinigami cosplay :D

Justke
07-05-2008, 04:23 AM
So I've been looking into a Wakka cosplay but finding the right wig is driving me nuts! Can anyone suggest something awesome? :D!

Hmmm, well I just quickly browsed through some wigs -- so here're some suggestions (I tried to find the cheapest-priced, best-ish suggestions? it's 2am XD ahahaha.) I'm assuming you're doing kid-Wakka :3

There's this one (http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_spiked-cheaper.html) which I've bought before, and despite the picture it's actually pretty nice for the price ($19.99). It requires trimming in the back, but it'd be easier to style since it's already spikey (with enough length to give you that random cowlick-looking thing in the middle of his hair.) As for color, their orange isn't very natural looking, but KH doesn't care about what's natural. XD If you cut it too short, though, the wig net will show through T.T but I figure since Wakka has that bandana you'd be fine.

And then there's this one (http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_b_calla.html). This wig requires a lot of trimming and longer time to make his spikes (because it's unstyled.) Although, it gives better thickness so that you don't have to worry about the wig net showing through. The bangs help with his long cowlick-spike-thing as well, because it's long. 8D this one's $21.99. The closest color to Wakka I think is their henna-red, though, and it's a more natural color. But you might be better off with the other one seeing as his hair is more orange. Also, you could dye it to get his hair color, if you're not satisfied with the henna-red.

But! Those are just my suggestions, you can look at the other wigs through that site and see if there're any others that might be better XD ahahaha. Sorry, that was kinda a lengthy post.

Amidoji
07-05-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't know that Amphigory will be able to ship before this next GasuKan. They can be slow sometimes. I love their wigs but I always order months in advance to make suer I have time for them to be shipped and enough time to style them before the con...

Heat
07-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I ordered a Punky wig from Amphigory last night, I hope it'll get here on time since I said I needed it by July 12th which gives me a week of styling time :D!
Wish me luck, third time styling a wig OH yeah!

Justke
07-05-2008, 03:17 PM
That's true, but I always seem to get them fairly quickly ^^; I really hope it comes in time for you, Heat!

lilithfire
07-05-2008, 03:23 PM
anyone else doing any bleach cosplay?! if so be sure to grab me for pictures! i need some new ones of my shinigami cosplay :D
I might revive my yoruichi cosplay from last gasukan since I enjoyed it so much. Ill be captain special mobile corps yoruichi. With hopefully the correct wig.

Hyura
07-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I didn't even realize it until my friend told me, but apparantly I'm moving to Washington the night before this Gasukan. So I'll certainly be tagging along with friends! n__n

Is anyone doing Death Note cosplay? Because I'm almost positive I'll be Near, and if not, definitely Mello. Just curious~

Bredward
07-05-2008, 09:08 PM
A Near cosplayer would make me exuberant. My friend and I are doing Matt and Mello.

Fang of Critias
07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
All I ask for this Gasukan (or even Kumoricon) right now is a Matsuda. I've been dying to get some "swimming lessons" on camera since my Light cosplay at Sakuracon. Though I suppose Mello or Matt could be a useful alternative...

Bredward
07-05-2008, 09:55 PM
A Matsuda cosplayer would be amazing. XD

Hyura
07-05-2008, 10:05 PM
A Near cosplayer would make me exuberant. My friend and I are doing Matt and Mello.

Yosh! >--< A Matt and Mello to play with~~<3

Haha, ohman, I'd like to witness that. XD But I don't even know if I've seen a Matsu cosplayer before.

Fang of Critias
07-05-2008, 11:03 PM
At least there will be a Mello, and I am ecstatic for that alone. One of my main standards for Death Note cosplay is that anyone who can cosplay Misa can also cosplay Mello, and Mello's more woman than the entire rest of the female cast even if he's technically male. Of course, I don't mean any offense to Misa fans by saying this; it's only a thought.

Bredward
07-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I'll have the scar, too. >3

I've only seen photos of like two Matsudas on the interwebz. Which is sad, because I love Matsuda.

These (http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Artemis0413/SakuraCon/mattmello_denver.jpg) are coming too. -got bored during two-week road trip-

Hyura
07-05-2008, 11:50 PM
At least there will be a Mello, and I am ecstatic for that alone. One of my main standards for Death Note cosplay is that anyone who can cosplay Misa can also cosplay Mello, and Mello's more woman than the entire rest of the female cast even if he's technically male. Of course, I don't mean any offense to Misa fans by saying this; it's only a thought.

I'm sorry but I totally disagree. Mello's all man, baybee. >D (pff, I think I'm one of the only people who -didn't- think Mello was Misa--or a woman period--when he first appeared)

Bredward: Aww... they're so cute. ;--;

PrincessLulu
07-05-2008, 11:54 PM
~yay for Matt and Mello's <3

Fang of Critias
07-05-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm sorry but I totally disagree. Mello's all man, baybee. >D (pff, I think I'm one of the only people who -didn't- think Mello was Misa--or a woman period--when he first appeared)

Bredward: Aww... they're so cute. ;--;

I hadn't meant that literally for GAR Mello. I just hate Misa that much as a character for completely whoring out to Light.

Bredward
07-06-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm sorry but I totally disagree. Mello's all man, baybee.

He's a hardcore gangsta, yo.
-Bricked-

The~Wind
07-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm going as Teru Mikami because I'm lame and yeah... It's pretty much because my hair is the right length, just needs to be styled. >.>

What's with the Deathnote crew this time around?

Perzephone
07-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I'll be doing Rukia and Sakura, since the wig I got for a new character I will be doing hans't shown up yet ....BLAH which is Misturu Kirijo from Persona 3 Which I will be doing for new GK. I just hope that the August GK doesn't land the the weeknds I will be in my musical.

ok time to head on off to my Birthday Festivities WOOTS!

Rekka
07-06-2008, 03:23 PM
OMG Seifer = <3.
I can't wait to see your cosplay. ^^

Even if the coat sucks? XD; The other parts look okay, though, I think.

Minkao
07-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Ahhhhhhh, if only I could go ._. Sadly, money problems make me not able to =< I would've probably brought my Anise though xDDDD Maybe the next one, I can attend~

ShinWHO
07-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Happy Birthday Perzephone! You're now the same age as me, lol! Just curious, will you be redoing your Dawn to match her new design in Pokémon Platinum?

Bredward
07-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm going as Teru Mikami because I'm lame and yeah... It's pretty much because my hair is the right length, just needs to be styled. >.>

What's with the Deathnote crew this time around?

Decided not to keep it SUPER SEKRIT anymore?
And.... I don't know.

Everlasted
07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
My friend and I are doing Matt and Mello.

lol, my friend and I are also going to be Matt and Mello. x)

Even if the coat sucks? XD; The other parts look okay, though, I think.

I'm sure it'll be great. ^^ Better than anything I can do.

Hitokiri Kenshin
07-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Guys talking about Death Note cosplay a day after last Death Note episode airs. Interesting.

Everlasted
07-06-2008, 08:31 PM
D: I refused to watch that episode. Too depressing. ;-;

Bredward
07-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Guys talking about Death Note cosplay a day after last Death Note episode airs. Interesting.

. . .

DAMMIT I MISSED IT.
-flails-

I totally thought it was Friday for most of the day yesterday.
And I was listening to my iPod all day so I wasn't keeping track of what was on TV.

Not that it's that big of a deal, because I've read all of the manga [over a three day period], and I've missed a lot of the anime so I need to sit down and watch the whole series from the beginning anyway.

I actually started working on my Mello costume before last month's Gasukan. Because I'm a dork like that. I've had it done for weeks and I'm all anxious to finally get to wear it.

Fang of Critias
07-06-2008, 09:29 PM
The episode's on Adult Swim's website, so you can watch it there if you missed it last night. Speaking of which, Light's dub laugh alone gave me more material to work with at Gasukan.

The~Wind
07-06-2008, 10:02 PM
The episode's on Adult Swim's website, so you can watch it there if you missed it last night. Speaking of which, Light's dub laugh alone gave me more material to work with at Gasukan.

That's the crazy!Quatre laugh. >.>

Quatre Raberba and Light share the same English Voice Actor. I've got this weird image of Quatre killing people with the Deathnote. O_o

Bredward
07-06-2008, 10:39 PM

Will you have a bag of potato chips? XD

Lilbeeze
07-06-2008, 11:05 PM
ok so i really want to go but idk who to cosplay TT_TT
last time was super fun (except really cold for me but hopefully it will be better) and it was awesosme to get to hang out and stuff
anyhoo
if people have suggestions that would be amazining : D
but just keep in mind it would have to be HELLA easy
lol cause time... ya i dont got much of that

Fang of Critias
07-06-2008, 11:16 PM

Quatre Raberba and Light share the same English Voice Actor. I've got this weird image of Quatre killing people with the Deathnote. O_o

Alternatively, Light blowing up the SPK and the warehouse with Wing Zero's buster rifle. Sure, he'd burn Mikami along with both Death Notes, but why would a God of the new world need a Death Note when he has an overpowered Gundam?

Just ask Celestial Being. I know they're not from Wing, but same difference.

Will you have a bag of potato chips? XD

Of course. Can't be Light without potato chips.

Rose of Malice
07-06-2008, 11:34 PM
:O I was mentioned! (I'm Bredward's Matt, lol.) There's going to be so many people to play with me! I'm quite excited. ;3

Oh! I was also thinking a group of us could go see The Dark Knight on the 19th, too. :3

Rekka
07-07-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm sure it'll be great. ^^ Better than anything I can do.

Can't say I agree with you or disagree with you, as I haven't seen any of your cosplays. XD;; But thanks for the uplifting comment.

cpardo
07-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Okay, just got word that the Cosplay Parade is confirmed on the 20th, the day after GK 7! So if you didn't get enough on the 19th, or will miss out, here's a 2nd opportunity.

Perzephone
07-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Happy Birthday Perzephone! You're now the same age as me, lol! Just curious, will you be redoing your Dawn to match her new design in Pokémon Platinum?

lol Thanks ^_^ I went to Teatro ZinZanni for my bday Festivities and I got a masquerade mask that I can use for some cosplay ^_^ I love it!

Dawn has a new look? o.0 link me lol cus There are time sI feel that her costume is just bleh and ordinary LOL I want to know what her new design is ..Sqeeee!

Hey Carlos, Is the Parade after or before hte metting? cus I work till 5:30 that day :\. Let me know and drop me a PM, Email or Facebook ^_^

Kumi-chan
07-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Okay, just got word that the Cosplay Parade is confirmed on the 20th, the day after GK 7! So if you didn't get enough on the 19th, or will miss out, here's a 2nd opportunity.

And of course, Bon Odori takes place at the Seattle Betsuin Buddhist Temple both the 19th (4 - 10 pm) and the 20th (3 - 8 pm). I went a couple of years ago, and besides the dancing they've got booths selling souveniers and food--the shaved ice with red beans and milk was especially good. If anybody's interested in meeting up there, I think that's where I'll be until I head over to the parade.
http://www.seattlebetsuin.com/

Perzephone
07-07-2008, 03:17 PM
hmm I want to go to bon odori but if it is on a sunday :( I can't go if it was satuday or friday I can go for sure ^_^

Bredward
07-07-2008, 05:11 PM

Duo would be jealous. =O

:O I was mentioned! (I'm Bredward's Matt, lol.) There's going to be so many people to play with me! I'm quite excited. ;3

Oh! I was also thinking a group of us could go see The Dark Knight on the 19th, too. :3

I second this. :]

Fang of Critias
07-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Duo would be jealous. =O

Duo was always more a shinigami of the Bleach variety, anyway. He's the type to find it much cooler to slay the evil-doers with a badass zanpakuto than with at best a "SIGN HERE FOR A FREE IPOD" sheet.

I second this. :]

When can you post showtimes? I'll be willing to pay for my own ticket, of course...

shadownet752
07-07-2008, 06:46 PM
i work on the nineteenth in the morning... but if we went to the dark night that night i'd definetaly be able to make it! time and place?

Bredward
07-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm not really familiar with the area around Lincoln Park, so I'm open for theater suggestions from other people. I'm only really useful when it comes to theaters around Federal Way and Downtown Seattle.

ShinWHO
07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Dawn has a new look? o.0 link me lol cus There are time sI feel that her costume is just bleh and ordinary LOL I want to know what her new design is ..Sqeeee!
Here's the quickest thing I could find:
http://www.famitsu.com/dswii/
Don't know if the new red winter coat look will satisfy your craving for something that's not bleh and ordinary.
On topic, what should I bring? What's something that is always needed or desired but never seems to be there? Don't get carried away! I have a pretty large backpack and am taking the bus, so yeah...

Perzephone
07-07-2008, 09:46 PM
oh that be perfect for the fall gasukan ^_^ and gives me time to make her coat! OMG Its so much better them her usual outfit lol. OMG its cute! hell I'd wear the jacket everyday LOL

Heat
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Amphigory has failed me *droops head* totally ran outta Orange XD!
Anyone think a Punky wig in white would do for a Soul cosplay?

Rekka
07-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Amphigory has failed me *droops head* totally ran outta Orange XD!
Anyone think a Punky wig in white would do for a Soul cosplay?

Looking at pictures, it looks like it'd do fine for Soul. :bigtu:

cpardo
07-08-2008, 01:27 AM
I'm not really familiar with the area around Lincoln Park, so I'm open for theater suggestions from other people. I'm only really useful when it comes to theaters around Federal Way and Downtown Seattle.

Downtown would probably be the place to see it since we'll be near that area anyway.

Rose of Malice
07-08-2008, 01:53 AM
So, I'm really only good with cinemas in Lakewood and Puyallup, but my fandango-fu has pulled up this search: http://www.fandango.com/thedarkknight_110469/movietimes?date=7/19/2008

Hopefully that page works for everyone. :]

Everlasted
07-08-2008, 04:27 AM
For Gasukan, me (matt), Mello, and L (karin from GK5) will possibly try to make a skit for your enjoyment. (x If any death note cosplayers want to join, talk to me or Yaoi Sensei (L).

Bredward
07-08-2008, 06:17 AM
So, I'm really only good with cinemas in Lakewood and Puyallup, but my fandango-fu has pulled up this search: http://www.fandango.com/thedarkknigh...date=7/19/2008

Hopefully that page works for everyone. :]
... I was going to do that. >>

Also, your title gave me some serious lulz.

Fang of Critias
07-08-2008, 09:18 AM
For Gasukan, me (matt), Mello, and L (karin from GK5) will possibly try to make a skit for your enjoyment. (x If any death note cosplayers want to join, talk to me or Yaoi Sensei (L).

Any use for a Light, by any chance?

Rose of Malice
07-08-2008, 06:06 PM
... I was going to do that. >>

Also, your title gave me some serious lulz.
I thought I should contribute something since I proposed it, xD.

I love this title. It's trufax.

Everlasted
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Any use for a Light, by any chance?

A Light would be great. =)
Do you want to help make the skit? Or just act in it?

Yaoi-sensei
07-08-2008, 07:40 PM

if you dont know, im karin from gk5 =D were not sure if we can finish it on time but....yea

Fang of Critias
07-08-2008, 07:58 PM
A Light would be great. =)
Do you want to help make the skit? Or just act in it?

Perhaps you could PM me a copy, and if applicable, I could pitch in some ideas.

SirMiYavI21
07-09-2008, 11:06 AM
even tho we are far out in oregon I think me and my girl should go its so hard to find cosplayers out here hmm I think this would be good for us to try to make a trip out of it ^_^ plz PM me with more info about this

Kumi-chan
07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Most of the information on the shoot (time, date, location, etc.) is in the first post. If you've got any other questions, we'd be glad to answer them.

Mangochutney
07-09-2008, 05:41 PM
I'll be coming (my first GK! Huzzah!) but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what to wear. On one hand, I am DYING for a chance to try out Queen Marie. On the other hand, heatstroke and an early death. Lilith would be much cooler.

Any Trinity Blood or Le Chevalier people coming who give a damn?

Bredward
07-09-2008, 05:54 PM
I was Esther last month, but I probably won't be busting out another Trinity Blood costume until September. :[

[Still undecided about what I'm wearing to the cosplay parade, though.]

Justke
07-10-2008, 02:52 AM
Hmmm, Boogs and I are thinking of making seasalt icecream and paopu-shaped cookies for this GK~ ^^ we're gonna try several seasalt icecream recipes I found on the net beforehand though. I found one where it (supposedly) doesn't drip! 8D one of my friends might bring her Namine as well~ hehehe.

Rekka
07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Hmmm, Boogs and I are thinking of making seasalt icecream and paopu-shaped cookies for this GK~ ^^ we're gonna try several seasalt icecream recipes I found on the net beforehand though. I found one where it (supposedly) doesn't drip! 8D one of my friends might bring her Namine as well~ hehehe.

Awesome! Sounds like fun~ (Especially with our group being people from Twilight Town, heh).

Justke
07-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Awesome! Sounds like fun~ (Especially with our group being people from Twilight Town, heh).

yes!! 8D so much KH this GK~ it makes me happy hehehe.

Hitokiri Kenshin
07-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Cool. Should I still bring cookies then?

AnimeGeek
07-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi! I'm coming to this and it will be my first GK (I would have gone to the one in June, but I found out about it too late. T.T). The character that I'll be cosplaying as is Miki from Shugo Chara, who looks like this:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj291/AsianDude11/Shugo%20Chara/More%20Shugo%20Chara/Miki-1.gif

It's also going to be my first time cosplaying (Couldn't find one before Sakura-Con and can't sew to save my life), so yay! I'm just waiting on the wig and then it'll be done. ^_^

puckcc
07-10-2008, 07:19 PM
I've read a book about portrait photography and I'm starting a book about my camera (Nikon D80) soon, so hopefully I'll be a bit better with my camera by GasuKan. Not to mention I'll be practicing a lot this week. Anyways, feel free to come up and ask if you want any pictures or a photoshoot or something! I need the practice. xD And another memory card. During Sakura con I had to delete a lot of pictures because I was getting close to filling it up. I have a feeling that's going to happen here too.. I should get one soon.

I have a few friends that might be interested in coming, and they may know a few people from there. I'll ask as soon as I get the chance.

Kumi-chan
07-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Cool. Should I still bring cookies then?

You know, this is just a feeling of mine, but you probably don't have to ask. Bring and the ravenous hordes will consume.
*Based on my experience, there's practically nothing cosplayers will turn down. We're a hungry lot*

I be armorless this time around. I'm waiting a couple more weeks before I order the wonderflex, and my bamboo placemats have yet to arrive from Walmart (yes, Walmart, provider of shoes and unusual household items that may become cosplay accessories; got my bow for Kagome from them too). Still waiting on that dang book.

My bike is being repaired today as well, so I'll finally have a prop with working brakes. And I found a more accurate basket for it at the Daiso.

Anyone else doing swimsuit versions of their characters?

SvK
07-11-2008, 11:35 AM
During Sakura con I had to delete a lot of pictures because I was getting close to filling it up. I have a feeling that's going to happen here too.. I should get one soon.
That makes me cringe! You should definitely get another card. My cards were $12 and hold over 500 pictures each.

Justke
07-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Anyone else doing swimsuit versions of their characters?

I'm making checkered swimming trunks for Roxas :D I'm not sure what I'll do for the tshirt hahaha.

Airika
07-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Dude, I'm uber excited to try seasalt ice cream and eat cookies XD

I did want to do a bathing suit cosplay but I got too excited about making Hawaiin/Beach Style Naruto XD; I think we've got a group for this one :3

The parade is still on :D Yay!

cpardo
07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
If I have time to go shopping a Bleach and/or Ranma 1/2 swimsuit (which I've done before not at GK though) will be in order.

NO not a crossplay swimsuit...

Perzephone
07-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm going to wear a bikini top that is part of the whole hawiian theme that I'm doign with Airika :D I think I'll be doing boy shorts LOL and a grass skirt

AnimeGeek
07-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Yay! Sugar! We can all go insane! :toothy: Anyway, is anyone else going to the cosplay parade the day after GK? I'll be wearing the same costume. It's the only one that won't make me melt (I have a Vampire Knight one, but the cloth is really thick and there's three parts to it. It's the boy's uniform, not the girls. I refuse to wear a skirt. -_-')

Hitokiri Kenshin
07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Not really beach totally, but doing Koji without jacket and some shorts. So sorta beach.

keropan
07-11-2008, 11:27 PM

omg YAY. ♥ How exciting!! You should try making his sleeping shirt or something related to go along with his checkered shorts? Haha.

As for swimsuit versions, Kairi I pretty much chills on the beach anyway... ahahahah. xD I might be bringing along a girl!Donald too... if she can find the belt she uses for her hat. xP

Justke
07-12-2008, 01:14 AM
omg YAY. ♥ How exciting!! You should try making his sleeping shirt or something related to go along with his checkered shorts? Haha.

As for swimsuit versions, Kairi I pretty much chills on the beach anyway... ahahahah. xD I might be bringing along a girl!Donald too... if she can find the belt she uses for her hat. xP

Ahh!! You know it crossed my mind, but I totally forgot about his sleeping shirt XDD I'll do that then!

SvK
07-12-2008, 02:07 AM
I'm going to wear Rikku's swimwear. (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/67279/)

Kumi-chan
07-12-2008, 11:15 AM
If I can find fabric I like in time, I'll probably do Tropical!Ranma, otherwise it's probably beach!Orihime. Or maybe both.

I got the call from the repair shop yesterday...apparently it would cost so much to do all the necessary repairs I'd be better off getting a new bike. So mine will remain a prop for now. I'll be on the lookout for a pink adult-sized bike.

Rose of Malice
07-13-2008, 12:51 PM
The closer GasuKan gets, the more I'm excited. :]

cpardo
07-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I found pretty similar clothes today that resemble Ranma's beach side outfit in the 2nd movie. I wish I could surf! I also found a tank top that can be used for his outfit from the Cursed Doll Inn OAV episode.

Also found 2 pairs of swim trunks for Ichigo! And I thought he could use some swim goggles too (also for me being timid of the water)!

Also found other important things for future cosplays in Daiso and the ladies section of WalMart. Not for GK though.

puckcc
07-14-2008, 01:39 PM
That makes me cringe! You should definitely get another card. My cards were $12 and hold over 500 pictures each.

$12? I think mine was closer to $20-25! Geez, I really should have looked harder, and not have bought the first one I saw. xD; With that price I could get two more..

Fang of Critias
07-14-2008, 07:28 PM
While we're on the subject of cameras, I'm planning on getting a new camera hopefully by this weekend, and could really use some feedback on a good brand that's $200 or less.

PhotoPanda
07-14-2008, 11:20 PM
While we're on the subject of cameras, I'm planning on getting a new camera hopefully by this weekend, and could really use some feedback on a good brand that's $200 or less.

If you just want a simple point and shoot i say this one. the Canon - PowerShot 7.1MP Digital ELPH Camera. Here. It's a wonderful little camera for the price. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8266191&type=product&id=1170290185723

I personally believe you should go Canon. It's mine, Darkains, and SVK's brand of choice.

ShinWHO
07-14-2008, 11:57 PM
I personally believe you should go Canon. It's mine, Darkains, and SVK's brand of choice.
Interesting to hear that, mine too. My dad's jealous that it's better than his, and he bought it!

SvK
07-15-2008, 12:26 AM
There's a wide range of Canon products. I returned my Powershot A720 IS (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=183&modelid=15657) because I didn't like the image quality and it didn't have a flip-out screen. I am quite happy with my Powershot 5S IS (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=15207), but that's $350.

How much camera you need really depends on how much you want to do with it.

BiZ
07-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Oh~He and I changed our date; I can go!

The~Wind
07-15-2008, 03:10 PM
I use Cannons myself. Thanks to Darkain giving me advice on which camera to buy.

Yay BiZ! I'll make you something.

Fang of Critias
07-15-2008, 05:41 PM
If you just want a simple point and shoot i say this one. the Canon - PowerShot 7.1MP Digital ELPH Camera. Here. It's a wonderful little camera for the price. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8266191&type=product&id=1170290185723

That's the one I just got today. Thank you for the advice.

Kurai
07-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Looks like my girlfriend I and will be attending this one! Our first Gasukan!

lilithfire
07-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Im still gunning for the Hawaiian Temari but if i dont get the time (my shop is on overdrive right now) I might just default to Asterisk Rukia. :):rockon:

cpardo
07-15-2008, 10:39 PM
I just bought a new guitar that's good for travelling! I'll bring it to GK to play to kill time in case there's a lull.

I still need to find a red tank top to put iron-on letters I have...

Hitokiri Kenshin
07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Got what I need for Koji with shorts sans jacket. Though am now considering beach Barret due to my friend saying she might come as Dion Rinoa.

Justke
07-15-2008, 11:54 PM
lol I haven't even cut out the pattern for Roxas' swimming trunks. D: I'M SO AFRAID OF MAKING SHORTS. I'm working on his tshirt tonight though, ahahaha~~~~

BiZ
07-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Yay BiZ! I'll make you something.

D'aww, bb~If you do, then I must make you something special, too! I'll be together with my sweetpea all tomorrow, but this weekend I'm with Lulu; we're making everything in my cookbooks. The best will come to Gasukan for all my lovely cosplay friends. x3

Tell me all your favorites and I'll whip them up especially for you--and re-find your birthday gift. I hasn't a clue where it go to. ; O;

cpardo
07-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Talked with Lilithfire and we're working on doing a Soul Candy accoustic sampler performance at GK, play some anime/game tunes for everyone. Hopefully this will add a little musical flavor to the festivities. And at the same time it will promote the band, and our performance at Seward Park on the 27th. Does that sound all right with everyone?

Perzephone
07-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Hey CArlos the best place to get a red tank is to go to Ross or Nordstrom Rack or Goodwill ^_^ or Value VIllage up in Broadway. :D There bond to be red tanks there :D

Dessa
07-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Anyone planning on bringing any cosplay from Digimon (preferably Savers) or Cardcaptor Sakura (preferably Sakura, season 3/movie 2)?

I'll probably bring Daimon Masaru (Digimon Savers, although I need a plush Agumon to go with it), The Hope (CCS Movie 2, it also doubles as The Nothing card, and I'll bring my Sakura deck with me as well), and possibly Hinamori (Bleach). Even if I don't bring Hinamori, I'll at least have a swimsuit with me that I can tie my hair up in her bun and look at least semi-Hinamori-ish.

PrincessLulu
07-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Im brining along my yoruichi tanktop most likley, i decided not to do her shinigami at GK becuase its supposto be warm and i will roast in all black XD

im going to try and put together a beach/summer time yoruichi costume ~ BiZ and i are goin costume hunting thursday, so we will see how it goes :3

cpardo
07-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Hey CArlos the best place to get a red tank is to go to Ross or Nordstrom Rack or Goodwill ^_^ or Value VIllage up in Broadway. :D There bond to be red tanks there :D

Oh okay thanx! I know that VV store. My work place is right around the corner from it!

Cool, we got two more for Bleach swimsuit cosplay.

Perzephone
07-16-2008, 02:04 AM
I might do Rukia in a Summer dress dunno yet ^_^

Hitokiri Kenshin
07-16-2008, 05:28 AM
Anyone planning on bringing any cosplay from Digimon (preferably Savers) or Cardcaptor Sakura (preferably Sakura, season 3/movie 2)?

I'll probably bring Daimon Masaru (Digimon Savers, although I need a plush Agumon to go with it), The Hope (CCS Movie 2, it also doubles as The Nothing card, and I'll bring my Sakura deck with me as well), and possibly Hinamori (Bleach). Even if I don't bring Hinamori, I'll at least have a swimsuit with me that I can tie my hair up in her bun and look at least semi-Hinamori-ish.

Debuting Koji from Frontier, though a bit different due to heat. This guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Koji.jpg

Dessa
07-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah, Masaru is a bit easier... considering I use his civvies from the first half of the series. Jeans, white t-shirt, and red short-sleeved jacket.

lilithfire
07-16-2008, 10:21 AM
I might do Rukia in a Summer dress dunno yet ^_^
We can be rukia twins!
I should really stop trying to cosplay little girls. lol. I would need a 6'2 ft Ichigo to make me pass as a rukia. lol

cpardo
07-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Debuting Koji from Frontier, though a bit different due to heat. This guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Koji.jpg

Oh that Koji I was wondering who that was--now I know. That's great--digimon cosplay!

The weather is supposed to be like 78 degrees or so. I think that's just perfect weather for GK since it's by the water. But bring your sunscreen just in case.

The~Wind
07-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Tell me all your favorites and I'll whip them up especially for you--and re-find your birthday gift. I hasn't a clue where it go to. ; O;

Michi likes anything chocolate. She really likes molasses cookies or ginger snaps too. bb~ I love you. ^_^

My costume's all complete for this Gasukan. I just need to do something with my hair and I'm set!

cpardo
07-16-2008, 10:11 PM
I should really stop trying to cosplay little girls. lol. I would need a 6'2 ft Ichigo to make me pass as a rukia. lol

What are you saying, I'm short?!

(joke lol)

BiZ
07-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Michi likes anything chocolate. She really likes molasses cookies or ginger snaps too. bb~ I love you. ^_^

Taken, understood, and ready to be made for you~I wonder what the other Gasukan attendees may like. Chocolate does go over well, though I'd really love to spoil everyone--M.