PDA

View Full Version : Animania - July 27th

Tigress
06-20-2008, 02:30 AM
So, the next Animania will be July 27th in Cary (Suncoast at Cary Towne Center) and Winston-Salem (FYE at Hanes Mall). Who's going?

Regena
06-20-2008, 08:19 AM
So, the next Animania will be July 27th in Cary (Suncoast at Cary Towne Center) and Winston-Salem (FYE at Hanes Mall). Who's going?

I work down the street from the one in cary,..so i might go again!!

Rhi
06-20-2008, 11:29 AM
I'll be at the one in Winston! :3 One guy said he was bringing about 20 people. O.o There was a good turnout last time, and I know several people already who are going. :D

double00beaver
06-20-2008, 12:45 PM
^__^ I'm raising my hand for Carey with a party of five!

chevron694
06-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Ill be at the one in cary but im kinda intrested in the Winston-Salem.

minakocat
06-21-2008, 04:58 AM
what exactly is animania... that might help me decide whether or not i'm going :D

GaaraSandNin
06-21-2008, 11:59 AM
I have no ride anywhere so I can't go. u.u

chevron694
06-21-2008, 02:36 PM
what exactly is animania... that might help me decide whether or not i'm going :D

Every now and then Suncoast has a anime promotional thing where they have anime DVDs on sale and they have a cosplay thing (I wouldnt call it a contest) and there are alot of local anime fan that come together and just hang out. There two places that do Animania the Suncoast at Cary Towne Center (Cary) and The FYE at Hanes Mall (Winston-Salam). And they are alway on the same day.

minakocat
06-22-2008, 03:49 AM
oooh that does sound fun. gives us a nice in between cons thing :)

salty
06-22-2008, 12:04 PM
ooh, ppl actually get into costume here?

EvilAuthor
06-22-2008, 01:48 PM
You better believe I'm going! It'll be the last event I go to before I move. I'll take the day off from work and you can count on me being Seras Victoria from Hellsing.

I'd wear Sunako from Wallflower, but I need to freshen up my blood since I screwed it up the first time around

Kyasaren
06-22-2008, 05:42 PM
I might be able to go, it sounds so much fun! I have to see if I can make it to Cary that day (If I can get off work)

Tigress
06-23-2008, 03:10 AM
You better believe I'm going! It'll be the last event I go to before I move. I'll take the day off from work and you can count on me being Seras Victoria from Hellsing.

My friend, Sam, and I have already determined that Integra and Alucard are making an appearance as well.

And, funnily enough, Animania is on my 29th birthday. I can think of worse ways to celebrate it. :toothy:

salty
06-23-2008, 10:48 AM
What are the limitations? Cause I was Cloud at AZ (with the big huge apocalypse sword) and was wondering if I would be able to bring that?

cmkcubed
06-23-2008, 10:59 AM
I swear suncoast never wants me to go to Animania again. Every time there is a new one I'm always doing something that I've had planned for months ;-;

And for the limitations, I believe you can bring sword/gun/knife props but they have to stay in suncoast and then the judges have them on their table during the contest. You can't really carry them around because some people don't know what cosplay is and will freak out that you have a humongo sword.

chevron694
06-23-2008, 01:43 PM
I swear suncoast never wants me to go to Animania again. Every time there is a new one I'm always doing something that I've had planned for months ;-;

And for the limitations, I believe you can bring sword/gun/knife props but they have to stay in suncoast and then the judges have them on their table during the contest. You can't really carry them around because some people don't know what cosplay is and will freak out that you have a humongo sword.

Welcome to the N.H.K its all a big conspiracy. They dont want you at Animania.

Salty I agree, Cause every time i have gone I havent seen a huge sword just flimy small toy plastic ones. And not everyone know cosplay.

salty
06-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Then I'll bring my friggin huge massive sword :)

kireina seishin
06-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Maaan, I've missed the last 3 animanias, and it looks like I'm gonna miss this one too. Oh well, I'll be in texas ( hey chevron, remember the girl cosplaying as Cheza at animazement? I'm goin with her :-P) Kinda sucks that I've missed so many even though I live so close to cary. Oh well...

Tigress
06-23-2008, 07:46 PM
I would call up the mall or Suncoast staff beforehand and ask about the mall security's stance on prop weapons. They probably won't mind because they're used to the cosplayers invading by now, but it never hurts to check.

Personally, I'm leaving my "Baretta" at home to avoid any drama.

chevron694
06-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Maaan, I've missed the last 3 animanias, and it looks like I'm gonna miss this one too. Oh well, I'll be in texas ( hey chevron, remember the girl cosplaying as Cheza at animazement? I'm goin with her :-P) Kinda sucks that I've missed so many even though I live so close to cary. Oh well...

OOOOOO........K ????? whatever i dont really know what you mean but ok

double00beaver
06-24-2008, 11:34 AM
-bounces- I can't wait! I haven't gotten a chance to be Hunny-senpai outside of the convention yet. I really have to hurry and buy a blazer..

OH! Major announcement from Animazement's forum.

We want everyone going to Animania to go out as a group and play good old fashion Cosplay Laser Tag!

Right now, we're looking at going to Frankie's Fun Park and playing there after Animania because it's open until Midnight.

Kyasaren
06-24-2008, 04:44 PM
-bounces- I can't wait! I haven't gotten a chance to be Hunny-senpai outside of the convention yet. I really have to hurry and buy a blazer..

We want everyone going to Animania to go out as a group and play good old fashion Cosplay Laser Tag!

Right now, we're looking at going to Frankie's Fun Park and playing there after Animania because it's open until Midnight.

Now I really wanna go!!

chevron694
06-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Im game, I love laser tag. I mean if youll have me

cmkcubed
06-24-2008, 07:05 PM
GAH! I wanted to do the laser tag fest too! ;-; wwwaaahhhhh

double00beaver
06-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Everyone's invited, we're currently looking at group discounts so please be patient. ^_____^V

chevron694
06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
So, what everyone cosplaying as? I know there are alot of hellsing fans out there

Chasie
06-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Dude...I just found out about this piece of anime heaven! O: I'm so going to the one in cary. (it's a lot closer)

Chasie
06-25-2008, 05:06 PM

eeek!!! I wanna go too. >.<

Do you know around how much it is?

double00beaver
06-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Tickets are $6 per round but there is a group discount we're looking at.

KiwiNinamori
06-25-2008, 07:35 PM
I may be going to the one in Winston^^

Enzera87
06-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm going to the one in Cary and I'm bringing almost 4-5 people with me! XD Tho I'm not sure what outfit I'll be wearing...

double00beaver
06-27-2008, 01:53 PM
o____o -pounces and hugs- I can't wait to see yoooooou!!!

x___x I still need a costume.

Kyasaren
06-27-2008, 07:12 PM
If I'm able to make it, I think I'll have my Lucy done by then.
I've never attended one of these before, would a short pink wig be too crazy to walk around in a mall in?

Tigress
06-27-2008, 11:16 PM
If I'm able to make it, I think I'll have my Lucy done by then.
I've never attended one of these before, would a short pink wig be too crazy to walk around in a mall in?

No. Not at all. I've seen some crazy people wearing fox ears and tails before...

(Looks in Queen Kyuubi's direction.)

double00beaver
06-28-2008, 01:36 AM
I've shown up in a blood covered doctor's coat so yeah...pink wig is perfectly okay. xD

Tigress
06-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I've shown up in a blood covered doctor's coat so yeah...pink wig is perfectly okay. xD

And don't forget the blood-spattered Sweeney Todd from last time...

funeralfor_you
06-29-2008, 02:32 PM
And I've got a picture of you in that coat!

I'll definitely be there and maybe I'll bring a friend.

Kyasaren
06-29-2008, 09:10 PM

Hahaha XD I feel much more normal now!! J/K <3
You went in a blood covered doctor's coat to a mall? Wow... you get 15 cool points. And a hug. <3
I'm back home now, yes! Now I can order that pink wig...

chevron694
06-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Yea, dont you now know. (Narrator voice: Anime fans usually travel in packs as not to aroused suspisison)

Kyasaren
06-30-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm getting a friend of mine to go with me, but I'll be the only one in costume XD

double00beaver
06-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Hahaha XD I feel much more normal now!! J/K <3
You went in a blood covered doctor's coat to a mall? Wow... you get 15 cool points. And a hug. <3
I'm back home now, yes! Now I can order that pink wig...

Woot! First cool points I've ever gotten. I'd really love to bring back a better version of my bloody doctor outfit...but I have obligations as Hunny. ;____;

Legend of Mree
06-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Ohh, I'll be making it to Cary!

I'll probably be Near, or my Sora costume that's for AZ09 if I finish it.

Elke
06-30-2008, 11:15 PM
I love the idea of this event, but unfortunately I'm a young professional in a field that is rather. . . antiquated at times. I worry that if I was seen in cosplay I'd lose some of the respect that I've worked so hard to earn.

So I may be at Winston, but I'll just be cheering. I do look forward to seeing all of you in costume, though! ^_^

chevron694
06-30-2008, 11:22 PM
I love the idea of this event, but unfortunately I'm a young professional in a field that is rather. . . antiquated at times. I worry that if I was seen in cosplay I'd lose some of the respect that I've worked so hard to earn.

So I may be at Winston, but I'll just be cheering. I do look forward to seeing all of you in costume, though! ^_^

ahhhh a closet case cosplayer or more commanly knows as CCC...lol what kind of job would require that? forgive me for priying but your not if my NID co-workers saw me well you know :)

Elke
06-30-2008, 11:57 PM
ahhhh a closet case cosplayer or more commanly knows as CCC...lol what kind of job would require that? forgive me for priying but your not if my NID co-workers saw me well you know :)

Biomedical research, actually. As a graduate student you have to deal with enough degradation on a daily basis, the last thing I want to do is invite more. Besides, having a hobby outside the lab is kinda frowned upon (LOLWHUT, you only spent 72 hours in the lab this week? You slacker!). But hey, maybe that's just my personal situation. Anyway, I won't be cosplaying in my hometown until after I get the comma. ^_~

Forgive my ignorance, but what does NID stand for?

Tigress
06-30-2008, 11:58 PM

Some companies are populated by employees that are from the baby boomer generation and either never "mentally" graduated high school or see younger employees as a threat to their security in the company and treat them like garbage. So respect can be hard to get and maintain.

In industries where networking, socialization and maintaining a "professional" image are keys to professional advancement, doing something "weird" like cosplay can severely retard a career, if not destroy it.

I used to work in real estate. So I know Elke's situation all too well.

kireina seishin
07-01-2008, 12:19 AM
If you guys are still doing the laser tag thing, would I have to cosplay to be able to go? If so, if I throw on a naruto jacket would that count? :toothy:

double00beaver
07-01-2008, 02:54 AM
The laser tag situation is kind of...complicated right now.

At this point, due to more people than I expected, I'm concentrating on the Animazement.com forum crowd instead of trying to run between here and there and repeating everything twice.

Feel free to join the Animazement.com forum though, most of the people here are there as well.

kireina seishin
07-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Oh I see, makes sense. Thanks

Blitzkrieg1701
07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Oh dang, I guess I should start checking the AZ forums more often, huh?

*runs to see*

chevron694
07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Biomedical research, actually. As a graduate student you have to deal with enough degradation on a daily basis, the last thing I want to do is invite more. Besides, having a hobby outside the lab is kinda frowned upon (LOLWHUT, you only spent 72 hours in the lab this week? You slacker!). But hey, maybe that's just my personal situation. Anyway, I won't be cosplaying in my hometown until after I get the comma. ^_~

Forgive my ignorance, but what does NID stand for?

Well we wouldnt be doing a very good job if everyone one known. It stands for National Intelligence Department. It a government run Research and development branch. and that all im going to say about that.

Elke
07-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Well we wouldnt be doing a very good job if everyone one known. It stands for National Intelligence Department. It a government run Research and development branch. and that all im going to say about that.

Silly me. I thought it meant National Institute of Design. Therefore, I was really confused as to why your coworkers might look down on costuming in your spare time. XD

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Maaaybe i'll go. It all depends on if i am working that weekend. Is driving 2 hours a bit of a stretch for this event? (as in it might not be worth the gas)

chevron694
07-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Silly me. I thought it meant National Institute of Design. Therefore, I was really confused as to why your coworkers might look down on costuming in your spare time. XD

LOL yea that would be intresting, yea it is kind of hard to earn respect when your dressed as kakashi or a bleach charater. and well it the governement you know how they are "it out of my hands" lol

so anyway what everyone have planed for this i mean there have go to be more people then this?

Tigress
07-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Maaaybe i'll go. It all depends on if i am working that weekend. Is driving 2 hours a bit of a stretch for this event? (as in it might not be worth the gas)

Considering that I fully plan on driving for 2 hours for two different library anime mini-cons (one in Charlotte, the other in Fayetteville), not at all. >^_~<

Tigress
07-11-2008, 01:54 AM

Aren't office politics wonderful? My opinion on that is: What you do on your own time is your business and no one else's. As long as it isn't adversely affecting your job performance, who the frak cares what you do outside of the office? Anyone that wants to give you flak for cosplaying should go get a hobby of their own.

Regena
07-11-2008, 08:54 AM
uhm..what time does it start?? i am working 7-330 that day. And if it starts before that then i guess i cant go, unless someone wants to come to petsmart to Save ME from my prison!!

Kyasaren
07-13-2008, 11:09 PM
uhm..what time does it start?? i am working 7-330 that day. And if it starts before that then i guess i cant go, unless someone wants to come to petsmart to Save ME from my prison!!

Which petsmart do you work at?

Tohma
07-13-2008, 11:52 PM
I'd like to go to the one in Winston ^^ I haven't been able to go to any of them yet because usually I work or something else would come up. Just depends on how my chemo treatments land as to whether I am up to going or not I guess. Then there is the issue of what to wear..hmmm... What time does it start again?

Regena
07-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Which petsmart do you work at?
i work at the one in cary off of walnut street. so im like...5minutes from the mall.

Insane-Chan
07-14-2008, 11:46 PM
I'll be at the one in Sacramento ^^; maybe I'm the only one? [on this forum]

Kyasaren
07-15-2008, 01:10 AM
i work at the one in cary off of walnut street. so im like...5minutes from the mall.

I don't live near Cary Dx shucks. I was gonna bring my pup =3

Also, when does Animania technically start? I was going to stop at Grand Asia with a friend of mine before hand, so we don't wanna run late and miss the event

Rhi
07-15-2008, 02:18 AM
I'd like to go to the one in Winston ^^ I haven't been able to go to any of them yet because usually I work or something else would come up. Just depends on how my chemo treatments land as to whether I am up to going or not I guess. Then there is the issue of what to wear..hmmm... What time does it start again?

The costume judging starts at 3:00, the trivia is at 4:00. I hope you'll come! I've talked to several people, there's gonna be quite a turnout this time! :D I'm really excited. But yeah, time-wise, I'd suggest getting there at around 2:30 or something. ^^

chevron694
07-15-2008, 02:35 AM
You guys are lucky we never have "judging". We just get on stage and basically just kinda show it off and thats it. o well i guess they think "you guy are all winner because you go out in public dressed like that" lol

Tigress
07-15-2008, 03:40 AM
You guys are lucky we never have "judging". We just get on stage and basically just kinda show it off and thats it. o well i guess they think "you guy are all winner because you go out in public dressed like that" lol

Unless it's changed since I went in December, Hanes Mall doesn't have a stage. :p

And the Cary event starts at 1 pm sharp. We're also planning on doing a Cosplay Laser Tag at Frankie's Fun Park at around 5 or 6. I plan on bringing a sign-up sheet so we can call ahead and tell them how many to expect.

chevron694
07-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Unless it's changed since I went in December, Hanes Mall doesn't have a stage. :p

And the Cary event starts at 1 pm sharp. We're also planning on doing a Cosplay Laser Tag at Frankie's Fun Park at around 5 or 6. I plan on bringing a sign-up sheet so we can call ahead and tell them how many to expect.

I know but I was saying that cause you been the Cary one and there no contest so you know

Regena
07-16-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't live near Cary Dx shucks. I was gonna bring my pup =3

Also, when does Animania technically start? I was going to stop at Grand Asia with a friend of mine before hand, so we don't wanna run late and miss the event

aww, i doubt your pup would want to see me anyways since i am groomer.

since it starts at 1 looks like i would miss it all together...but maybe i can still meet up and go play lazer tag with ppls hopefully.

AstroStarr42
07-17-2008, 02:52 AM
I'll be at Winston (again) hopefully as Xigbar. I need to talk to a man about my wig...

Can't wait to see everybody else there!

KiwiNinamori
07-17-2008, 08:55 AM
which main(like JC Penny, Belk, etc?) store is fye near in Winston? I live in G'boro so I don't really know the layout of the mall.

Rhi
07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
which main(like JC Penny, Belk, etc?) store is fye near in Winston? I live in G'boro so I don't really know the layout of the mall.

http://www.shophanesmall.com/shop/hanes.nsf/content_enlarged_lower?readform

Here's the map.. the number for FYE on there is 3300. Just look at the far left, and you'll see it. :D It's near Macy's.

xlynx
07-21-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm hoping to make it as L i wount have roxas done in time

I need to borrow a shirt from mree due to mine some how is missing ;_;

I'll go if i don't get lsot getting there xD

itachisrainbow
07-23-2008, 03:45 PM
ill be there as itachi:)

itachisrainbow
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
im going as itachi

EvilAuthor
07-24-2008, 01:37 AM
I dropped by Suncoast with a friend of mine and spotted a little bit of swag I would like...And it'll be on sale Sunday. Oh joy
So I will be Seras Victoria. Due to the poor result of my last effort, I will be working on a new Alucard plushie which may or may not be with me at the event. It depends on if I have enough thread to finish it before Sunday.

xlynx
07-24-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm going now
as L
will be filming stuff for youtube

this is my first animania that i'm going to
does any one know that time people will arrive and where?

narutofreak8993
07-24-2008, 06:38 PM
OMG.
My friends and I are going to the one in Winston.
This will be are first time.
What time should we be there?
Ive seen 2-2:30, and earlier, but im still not sure.
Im not sure who im going to be ethier.
:\
Probably ethier a casual Deidara ,since i dont have the whole outfit, or Ritsuka, i might not dress up i might just wear my ears and tail.
Idk.

Rhi
07-24-2008, 10:42 PM
i'm coming at around 2:30, as are some other ppl i know. the contest is at 3:00, so i think that's a good time. or earlier. :]

chevron694
07-24-2008, 11:50 PM
O yea u guys The Animiana cary is like around 11 or 12 sorry i cant be more speific time but i going down to suncoast to verify it many cause im bored

xlynx
07-25-2008, 06:36 PM
comfirming i am going to cary one >w<
it's close by though i would love to go to both xDD <3<3
see more of my con pals <3
cause if i was rich i would buy all my con friends a genki hat D8

double00beaver
07-25-2008, 10:07 PM
I thought Cary Town Center was still at 3pm.

chevron694
07-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I thought Cary Town Center was still at 3pm.
Nope... ask kat its at 11 i believe ill going to tommrow to check and i know i said yesterday but hey im one man

double00beaver
07-26-2008, 12:03 AM
.....I love how no one tells me this.

Especially when she knows I have an event planned to follow Animania. -grumbles-

xlynx
07-26-2008, 12:08 AM
man i have no clue what time now i need to know so i cans ee if i have time to do something before it xDD
luckly i hope this all gets fixed tommorow before animania

oh sry i can't go to the laser tag beaver =<
I live here in smithfield and I have to get ready for a job interview xD you know money always does help with cosplaies >W<

chevron694
07-26-2008, 12:38 AM
.....I love how no one tells me this.

Especially when she knows I have an event planned to follow Animania. -grumbles-

and the costume thing is at 1 i believe as well o and Miss sqeak you are welcome lol (not to sound like a jerk)

Enzera87
07-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Err, I'm so confused. I'm not sure who should I dress up as Vegeta or Tamaki...I don't want to bring the Ouran host club outfit it's so many layers of clothing not good in hot weather. But Vegeta is easy and light weight tho I have to make touch up the armor a bit. It's hard to turn in it. XD I might wear Vegeta to the mall and Bring my Tamaki wig for Frankies!

double00beaver
07-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm coming just as a casual Hunny it seems.

Kyasaren
07-27-2008, 12:46 AM
I finished my Lucy just in time! It's not entirely accurate, but it'll pass.

Tigress
07-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Since I plan on joining in the laser tag, I'm repeating my experiment from last weekend and wearing my slapped-together Gantz vampire. None of the "real" costumes (i.e. things I actually put effort in) are very friendly to the activity without roasting me alive.

Nightflame
07-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I went to the Cary one. I had fun and met alot of cool people. I did get there late though. I was cosplaying as Vincent.

kireina seishin
07-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Maaan, I missed it. I was really looking forward to this one too. Oh well, I'll just have to make sure I get to the next one

EvilAuthor
07-29-2008, 03:11 AM
I had fun. I kept getting attacked, but I got to hang out with people I haven't seen in a while, which was nice since I move soon...Though I did get told I suck for leaving.
I was the Seras with the pathetic attempt at a dog Alucard plush. I will have a decent one by Animazement...One made with a pattern

AstroStarr42
08-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Anybody with pictures from Winston? I was stupid and didn't get a picture of myself in costume. For anybody that hasn't checked out the youtube vids, they are amazing. Thanks Riku and Roxas for uploading those!

-Xigbar