PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Contest

LadyVincira
06-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Hiyo all,

I was just wondering - of those of you that entered or watched the Karaoke last year, what did you all think? Who here entered?

I was in it. I sang "Ai No Senshi" and paced like a anxious chicken (the actual bird). In my opinion, the sound system was not very good...the competition was great, though.

So, what do you all think?

Osiris N
07-01-2003, 03:35 AM
I thought you did a good job! I should be getting the Sakuracon DVD soon. I donno who is all in the karaoke, though. And I think they are all just clips, too...not the full thing. But anyhoo. You did good!

-Osiris N

LadyVincira
07-01-2003, 10:07 PM
Lol, thanx, Osiris. You did really well yourself!!! Oh, and so you're aware, the DVD is in clips - but there are extra clips - full versions - of three acts. Your act is one of them!!!! Next thing ya know it, you'll be signing autographs....

Which reminds me.... ::Holds out a piece of paper and pen:: ::rockon::

Osiris N
07-07-2003, 02:54 PM
LOL Yawp! Found the three clips. ^_^ And even funnier, I have been signing autographs! Crazy, ne?

Zeki
07-10-2003, 03:09 AM
I didn't get to go to karaoke *sniff* hopefully next year ^^ Where did you order the dvd from? I remember seeing it somewhere but don't remember ^^;;

edit|| I did see you at the fashion show thing on sunday :D great costume ^^

LadyVincira
07-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Thanx, Zeki! I love hearing my costume was a success. Um, I ordered the DVD from:

www.obsessedwithanime.com

Nine
08-04-2003, 08:46 PM
The karaoke wasn't very good. I only liked a select few, and the rest were really boring. There was this one person who went up on stage, had the music playing, decided to mumble the lyrics into the mic.. he was just standing there, looking side to side, mumbling.. the music was loud too so all you could hear from him was a faint humming sound. ~_~

Osiris N
08-11-2003, 03:49 AM
Come to think of it...through some of it, I HAD to get up and move around...(Also I was the last of the contestants, I sat through it all, pretty much).

-Osiris /\/

sassy_lassy
04-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I got a question on the Karoke contest, do we get to sing with the vocals or do we have to have the music without the vocals?

elfinder
04-12-2004, 09:23 PM
I am wondering, with the contest are you allow to have the text written with you. There's a song I'd love to sing..... but there are a few lines I don't know off by heart..... ugh

topleka
04-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Whoa...this thread was started last year. O_O topleka is in wowness...

::ahem:: Looking at the rules (http://www.sakuracon.org/docs/contests/Sakura-Con%202004%20Karaoke%20Rules.pdf), I don't see anything against singing along with the vocals version. It might be a little weird, but I'm sure that it's allowed. I guess you can also bring up your lyrics with you, but there is still...um...one week to memorize your words, ne?

elfinder
04-16-2004, 12:42 PM
No no no lolz

I am going to sing the karaoke version of course XD I want to bring the lyrics up with me to check....... ugh I dunno if I can memorize it in a week XD lol I'll try...... but I think I'll just sing it for fun sometime at the con!

topleka
04-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Oh. ^_^;; sassy_lassy was asking about vocals or non-vocal music.

sushi glomper
04-26-2004, 04:57 PM
I missed sign ups- I really wanted to go- but we fell behind schedule. My gal steph seemed a lil depressed about missing sign ups...AGAIN after practicing really hard and it would obviously be a lil saddening to go. I'll be buying the dvd though and I hope to see all my buddies singing.

Kayla
06-13-2004, 05:40 AM
I really lucked out. i was really disapointed when i talked to the clueless administration who told me 4 different times for the Karaoke to start and then told me the list was full. i found the chick with the clipbord just as there was one opening left and of course i snagged it. iw as the Yuna that sand Real Emotion, ungh so predictable i know...-_- but... i dont care! Vincent you were amazing!!! (sorry dont know your real name) SO WERE YOU NICK! *faints*