PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Cosplay No Jutsu!

TheLoneWolf
06-29-2003, 04:31 PM
Hm...I wonder why no-one ever posted this before?
I'm going to have Kakashi ready by Ikasucon.If only I could make a decent looking functional scroll and a couple of ninja dogs! ^^
Any ideas?
What about you guys? Dabbled in Naruto cosplay? Planning to?

Michi
06-29-2003, 04:52 PM
I'd like to be Ino or Haku... But I'll probably never get around to it. x_x I always loved that manga. Glad it's hit America now, too.

cutekawaii
06-29-2003, 10:07 PM
Umm I was commissioned a Shino, does that count? lol

Radical Urd
06-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Sakura for me and inner Cierra will be inner Sakura. Cause she's gotta cosplay too! <-sounds insane

Kaname
06-30-2003, 04:56 AM
I will be going as Sasuke, and I've been trying to figure out how to make a nice scroll replica too. I have 3 pieces of wood already cut, but I haven't been able to find anything good to wrap around them. I was planning on spray painting the ends, and for a touch of personal flair, attach some curtain tassels on the ends. But since time is running out (3 more days until AX), I don't know how much I can get done before I leave Wednesday morning. (all of this is soooo last minute.)

I have two ideas, the first being functional, the second, not.

1.) I have a roll of some sort of parchment paper I somehow dug out of the bowels of my garage, but cutting it to the correct size is such a pain I may just crack and lop the roll in half to save me some time and frustration.

2.) I also thought about rolling some leftover fabric around the wood, which seemed to work fairly well (although I only wrapped a few stray scraps around it to test my hairbrained idea out).

I am also looking into attaching a small loop in the middle so that the scroll can be held from the mouth without having to bite the entire piece of wood. *L*

I am hoping to have one in my hands/mouth and two dangling from my belt, but unless I get myself really motivated, I don't think I'll have any props for my Sasuke cosplay. ^^;

What are your ideas?

rainbowflavored
06-30-2003, 01:44 PM
im going as short haired sakura to otakon ^_^ kakashi is awesome! (as evident by my sig)

trabus
06-30-2003, 04:07 PM
Thick brows in the house. I'll be at AX as Rock Lee. :)

starblaz
06-30-2003, 08:15 PM
Oh, your going as sasuke too? I'm going as sasuke one day, and Naruto the next. Do you have any suggestions on how to do the hair right?

tydawgsd
06-30-2003, 10:07 PM
I am doing Kakashi for AX, but the vest is giving me trouble, any suggestions?

Anne Packrat
07-01-2003, 12:40 AM
<Looks over at mostly done Naruto jacket> Um, yeah, I'd say I'd dabbled in it. ^_^ I'm hoping I'm the only female Naruto. Although if we can get an all female cast that'd be cool!

Kikoro
07-01-2003, 12:54 AM
I plan to go as Orochimaru to Anime North next year. making that purple rope thing he wears is gonna be a pain.

Okitasan
07-01-2003, 04:45 AM
i made sasuke costume and i am planning an itachi costume

Oshi
07-01-2003, 01:14 PM
<-- Random jounin. For BAAF.

KnuxieChan
07-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Planing on doing Kakashi-sensei ^_^ I'm alot like him lazy, late, and reads a hentai manga (Bastard!! in my case)

For the dog plushies.. just buy some dog plushies and make them look ninja-ish!

vyrax778
07-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
<-- Random jounin. For BAAF.
same here except for AX

rainbowflavored
07-02-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by trabus
Thick brows in the house. I'll be at AX as Rock Lee. :)

lee-san! so kawaii :D

Chas
07-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Eei~ I'd love to cosplay Sakura one day. She's such a cute character. ^_^

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-04-2003, 02:06 AM
WAY!!!! into the future...me and my friend are planning to do Naruto cosplay......but that is WAY into the future!

tsubasa007
07-04-2003, 04:41 AM
Natuto's clothes
KAKASHIA'S clothes
http://www.cospa.com/ctlgpic1/4531894122463_1.jpg
http://www.cospa.com/ctlgpic2/4531894122463_2.jpg
http://www.cospa.com/ctlgpic1/4531894122425_1.jpgDo you say this clothes?

Mekou
07-04-2003, 09:20 AM
I'm going to be Sasuke for CNAnime (I'll be re-wearing it to AN04 too)(tis supposed to be a secret >.> so don't tell mm'k ^_~)

I'm making my own metal plated headband =D I just have to get around to calculation measurements so my papa can cut out the piece of metal for me. U.U <-- lazy butt!!

I have long hair and I'm having a hard time trying to get my hair to appear REALLY short. >.>

And finding fabric for teh shirt is turning out to be tough...and I gotta line the darn thing...WAHH!! >_< I don't wanna line the shirt! *cries*

I want a Kakashi! ^.^ I love him!! =D He cracks me up. ^o^

*bounces out*

rainbowflavored
07-04-2003, 02:45 PM
okay, people cosplaying sakura- how did you do the curved zipper on the front of her outfit? i can sew a zipper on if it's straight but i dont know how to curve it without ruining the zipper or making the cloth around it really bumpy. help?

dmdflarekojima
07-04-2003, 08:03 PM
Well, over the past few months I've become a giant Naruto fanboy. I have the game, all the episodes burned to dvd, the works... I've even started a Sasuke costume for a friend. Since I couldn't make it to the AX this year I have a whole year to find help for my Kakashi costume and my original char, who will be premiered to all at next year's AX.

I'm even looking for someone to make me a Sharingan contact lens.

Wanderer Serge
07-05-2003, 08:01 PM
I've got some pieces for a Kakashi outfit.
http://www.sitefights.com/community/graphics/sergimus//kakaserge.jpg

I have the headband and the gloves, and I have a plan for the wig, but the vest is going to be a hassle. I plan to get a black turtleneck shirt and a pair of black pants (may have to make those to get them right). I also want to make a good beltpouch and a special book with an orange cover that we all know.;)

I would hope to have this ready for Sugoicon this year, but I'm not even sure if I'll be able to go, so I'll at least have it for Halloween. :p

dmdflarekojima
07-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Nice! I'm not going to use a wig though...:dance:

KnuxieChan
07-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Oooh.. Ikasucon. I didn't notice before. I'ma glomp you there XD

Wanderer Serge: Cool Kakashi piccy! I'm try and get a wig ^^'

Cyber Wolf
07-06-2003, 01:27 AM
Oooo, I so wanna do a Naruto cosplay. Either Naruto or Gaara, but I'm leaning towards Naruto. I already practiced a couple of phrases (my "Sakura-chan~!" is really good ^^)

Jess-Jess
07-06-2003, 03:30 PM
I'm going as short haired Sakura as well (Possibly inner Sakura...not sure yet...) to AFO4 in Orlando this year. My boyfirend (Vox) is also going to be going as Sasuke. You can chack out what will be my Sakura outfit in my gallery ^-^ Oh and rainbowflavored, I know you pm'd me about the zipper already, but if you talk to Jingster on this site, she will be able to tell you! From what she told me, there's actually not much to it!

Jessie >^..^<

KnuxieChan
07-06-2003, 05:24 PM
lol, good luck with Inner Sakura. I can't wait to see all the finished costumes ^^

Wanderer Serge
07-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Shippo87
Wanderer Serge: Cool Kakashi piccy! I'm try and get a wig ^^'

:p My hair in that pic is entirely photoshopped. Before I did that, it just had my usual curly red hair.

KnuxieChan
07-07-2003, 09:01 PM
*does a double take*Whoa, I didn't notice. Still looks good =P

rainbowflavored
07-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Jess-Jess
I'm going as short haired Sakura as well (Possibly inner Sakura...not sure yet...) to AFO4 in Orlando this year. My boyfirend (Vox) is also going to be going as Sasuke. You can chack out what will be my Sakura outfit in my gallery ^-^ Oh and rainbowflavored, I know you pm'd me about the zipper already, but if you talk to Jingster on this site, she will be able to tell you! From what she told me, there's actually not much to it!

Jessie >^..^<

^_^ hi! i pm'd and emailed your friend a week or so ago and still no response...could you ask her for me? it doesnt seem like she's very active on the forums

Anne Packrat
07-07-2003, 11:56 PM
I managed to make a Pikashi-sensei for Expo. I went as Naruto Ketchum for a day and a half. ^_^

Jess-Jess
07-08-2003, 04:28 PM
yeah, no problem rainbowflavored! Hopefully I'll get in touch w/ her somtime tonight! ^-^

Kikoro
07-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Does anyone have some tips on how to make that purple belt thing that Orochimaru wears??? Im cosplaying as him to AN04 and i have no clue how im going to pull it off.

tydawgsd
07-09-2003, 10:10 PM
I went as Kakashi to AX03, so I can help somewhat in that department. As far as the rest of the stuff goes, I wouldn't really know. For the Orochimaru belt what about getting some really think rope like from a shipyard or something and dying it purple? Just a suggestion. Or you could wind twine together and do the same thing.

allyunion
07-10-2003, 02:39 AM
Hmm... hehe... I think I got my next costume idea for AX2004: A bowl of rammen. :-P

Kikari
07-10-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by allyunion
Hmm... hehe... I think I got my next costume idea for AX2004: A bowl of rammen. :-P

lmao. imagine that, being jumped on by a bunch of narutos @_@;;

anyway, I plan to do Yuuhi Kurenai for AX04 and possibly Anim-Magic 03'..and I know this is probably the most annoying question on earth, but for Naruto Headbands..does anyone know how I can inscribe the konoha symbol on sheet metal..or whatever is good to use for the headband o.o;

Dash
07-10-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey. New here. I'll be going as Zabuza for AX04.

RyuichiFanGirl
07-10-2003, 09:00 PM
u can use that thing ::bangs head:: forgot name........ or u can just buy the metal head protector on ebay....its where i got mine ^^

avaleon
07-10-2003, 09:05 PM
W00t w00t! Naruto roXors! My first cosplay was Sasuke at ACEN2003. ( My only Costume! ) I wish my friends were interested in going to Otakon because I refuse to drive there by myself! XD

PS. The Sakura in our group picture looked so much like her in the anime, it's scary. If you see this, GOOD JOB! ^_^

avaleon
07-10-2003, 09:11 PM
For my headband what I did was cut a piece of thick board paper ( 2 mm thick ) in to the shape I needed. Then, I wrapped it in aluminum foil, smoothed it to remove any creases, and drew the symbol in permenant marker. Finally I sewed it to a strip of cloth. ( make sure you have a thimble .... it hurts XD ). When I was at ACEN2003, I had several offers from people who wanted to purchase it from me!

RyuichiFanGirl
07-10-2003, 09:14 PM
o.o
which sasuke where u?? i wuz at acen03

Kikari
07-10-2003, 10:28 PM
hm..good idea..maybe i'll just...grab some sharp object and scratch the symbol in with all my might o.o
....that i'll do if i get desperate

avaleon
07-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Click on my costume link on the right and you'll see. I was one of the only asian Sasukes.

RyuichiFanGirl
07-11-2003, 05:27 PM
i saw u there o.o
also for the metal head protector...couldnt you use an electric engraver??

Kikari
07-11-2003, 05:34 PM
o.o..never heard of it..is it expensive?

Shi
07-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Yay! More Naruto cosplay! We're going to be the next Yuuna's.

I'm working on putting together a Naruto group for Nekocon. So far we have a Kakashi, Haku, Zabuza, and Sasuke. And Unfortunately, I'm making 3 of the costumes and all of the headbands ^_^; But I'm making the headbands out of Nickel Silver so they're going to look really good. I'm not going to write on them, but actually engrave the symbols into them. It should be pretty cool.

Wanderer Serge
07-14-2003, 01:55 AM
They have some headbands for not too much at this webpage (http://jungle-scs.co.jp/cgi-bin/goods.php?lang=1&sort=2).

I've gotten a few there for me and my friends.

Do you have any tips for the vest, tydawgsd? I think that may give me the most trouble, because of the pockets and shoulderpads.

dmdflarekojima
07-14-2003, 05:58 PM
I'm guessing you could get the vest done by simply going to a military surplus store and making minor alterations... that's what I'm doing.