PDA

View Full Version : In-series jokes: Include?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-30-2003, 02:41 AM
I've decided to turn a fic i found into a skit! WELL, it's not chock full of inseries jokes....i know there's one.....i'll have to look back over it! It's that like a major no-no to include it....

evaneko
06-30-2003, 07:00 AM
i like in-series jokes in skits...

Koumori
06-30-2003, 07:31 AM
If it's a very popular series, so that the majority of the audience will *get* the joke, it's okay. If it's even remotely obscure, you'll have an audience full of people who don't get it and will therefore be left pretty cold by your skit.

Michi
06-30-2003, 07:27 PM
As long as the skit has other jokes that everyone can get... Including one for the fans of the series is a bonus. ^_^;

Miaka No Baka
06-30-2003, 09:56 PM
my groupd did something along the lines of that. There's this kenshin fanfic called "aoshi's guide to getting the man you want" we kinda played with the whole idea of the fanfic. We had the ddr music of witch dr and had aoshi and misao both asking the witch dr for love advice and the whole thing was aoshi "lusting" after kenshin and of course misao going after aoshi. I don't think the audience specifically knew we took the idea from that fanfic but I think everyone got the jist of it for the most part and our skit went over well I think ^_^; but yeah don't get entirely series specific unless it's a more popular title.

Miaka no Baka

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Thanx everyone! I'm glad to see other people do skits based on fics! It's the only way i can think of a skit....The series isn't all that popular....and i doubt even our costumes will get recognized! BUT, there are like......3 in-series jokes in the fic i'm using and i'm hoping that two of them are funny to the entire crowd. (One charcter and another character are always in slash fics! They're the most popular slash characters in the series! And one character says *singing* ??? makes me Horny! And then he's like 'I make you horny?' lol! So...i'm hoping that will get laughs from everyone.)

Hikaru Tsuki
07-13-2003, 02:09 PM
My cosplay group generally avoids in-series jokes, so everyone in the audience can be amused. It also allows our skits to be more original with their jokes. ^^

yummyfire
07-14-2003, 08:16 AM
I like jokes. Your avatar is cool, fellow Kenshin fan.

Eccoglyph
07-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Have to agree with Koumori - popularity counts for a lot. Of course, if you're performing a popular anime, its hard to be original as its likely been done a dozen times before. Thin line to walk, isn't it? Then again, you might get a good shock - gotta remember the crowd makeup. My group was incredulous when the opening bars of the Devil Went Down to Georgia song came on at Katsu and people cheered madly. We were laughing hysterically afterwards, "I guess they got the joke."