PDA

View Full Version : Anime Boston 2003 anyone?

Orbi
09-17-2002, 06:32 PM
:spinner: I was just wondering is anyone was planning to go to Anime Boston 2003. ^^

Sami
09-17-2002, 06:34 PM
Yes yes yes!! ^_^ I'd love to go.. just another excuse to fly back home and see old friends, LOL.

Oshi
09-17-2002, 07:26 PM
Yes! I found out it falls in a mid-term break weekend (meaning I have that Friday and Monday off), so I'm there!

kitty_neko
09-17-2002, 07:35 PM
i MIGHT go, but my plans r still pending aproval. -.- i really hope i can tho ^_^

Keurblitz
09-17-2002, 09:14 PM
too much money.... the bus ride alone would cost me around $70 then the hotel cost would be a lot since I don't think anyone would be able to join me. Then the admission would be another $30-$40 or so... Then the money I'm gonna spend at the Dealer's room.... I would need atleast $300 saved up to even consider going...

Why can't more conventions be held at New York instead?

shiroi_yukiko
09-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Wahhh, I wanna go... I might if I can pull myself together for it! Finally, a con the closest to me that one has ever been and I decide to spend all my money going to cons far away! Ha ha. It would be another reason to cosplay though...

Oshi
09-18-2002, 01:21 PM
The only thing that will keep me from going to AB, is getting together people for a hotel room, whether I'll stay with NYO! or my college anime club

Ranma Saotome
09-18-2002, 02:27 PM
I don't know... Depends on when 2nd semester finals are.

kitty_neko
09-18-2002, 06:04 PM
SQUEE!!! im going! im going!!! *dances around the room madly* ^_________________________^

Keurblitz
09-18-2002, 06:08 PM
=*( Me wanna go.....
Me wanan go to a lot of cons...
Me need a job
Me can't get a decent job
Me life sucks...

Koumori
09-21-2002, 09:03 PM
Yes, I'll be there.

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2002, 12:39 AM
*looks at Academic Calendar* I'M THERE!!!!!!!

Hiro
09-23-2002, 01:39 AM
AUGH! not fair, always on the east coast!! Someone just give me the plane ticket *prays for it to fall from the sky*

heh not bloody likely. Well the lot of you have fun and take lots and lots of pictures!

Keurblitz
09-23-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Hiro
AUGH! not fair, always on the east coast!! Someone just give me the plane ticket *prays for it to fall from the sky*

heh not bloody likely. Well the lot of you have fun and take lots and lots of pictures!

I can only assume that you're in the west coast where animagic and anime expo and all those other good cons are at....

Sami
09-23-2002, 12:44 PM
Okay, so I'm definitely going... that means... *ominous music*... more costumes... dun dun duuunnn...

I honestly have no idea what to make now. I'm trying so hard to get all my cotsumes for each con figured out, and it's just... gggh! RAGE! *kicks over a trash can* Hey.. Fujin would be a cool costume.. :D

Tenjou
09-30-2002, 08:25 PM
=(( I don't think I'm going. It's hard enough trying to persuade my dad to letting me going to shoujocon. I think he'd have a cow if I asked to go to anime boston too. and my funding is only for shoujocon now. ^^: too expensive for me heh heh. =p

chocoborancher
10-03-2002, 04:45 AM
I will be there as I am on staff.

Only 6 1/2 months to go,

Robert Wright
Webmaster - Chocobo Rancher's Anime Web Page
Convention Videographer - Anime Boston 2003

plastiknife
10-06-2002, 01:31 PM
Well seeing how I live on Cape Cod I really really want to go. Boston is an hour away (well unless there is traffic) so lets just say about an hour and a half. I want to go, but I've never been to a convention before and non of my friends are really into this type of thing.

If anyone would like to go with me or has an "words of encouragement" give 'em to me! *i hate being shy*

eh, then I could wear my Chii costume. :)

Chiri
10-06-2002, 01:33 PM
I think Mits and I'll be there (in our OVA II Tasuki costume and her OVA Kouji costume) ... @__@ We just need someone to get us there ... and so far we don't have anyone :bigcry:

But then again, it's a tad early, so we don't exactly know yet >^^< But we really want to go, however ....

~ Chiri ;)

shiroi_yukiko
10-12-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by plastiknife
Well seeing how I live on Cape Cod I really really want to go. Boston is an hour away (well unless there is traffic) so lets just say about an hour and a half. I want to go, but I've never been to a convention before and non of my friends are really into this type of thing.

If anyone would like to go with me or has an "words of encouragement" give 'em to me! *i hate being shy*

eh, then I could wear my Chii costume. :)

You're so close! Go go gooooooo! Don't be afraid to go alone! I'm probably going to be alone, but I'm going to get all dressed up and have some fun anyway! He he he. It's too good for a con to be so close, so take advantage!

blueNINE
10-14-2002, 05:00 PM
I registered last night. I made the deadline for the cost cutoff by less than nine minutes! Almost cost myself an extra $5.

You should all go to the official site (http://www.animeboston.com) and check it out if you're thinking about going. It looks like it'll be a really good time. Peace!

Studmaster
10-14-2002, 05:32 PM
I've been registered since March, because I'm going to be a Volenteer there.

blueNINE
10-14-2002, 05:41 PM
I should've registered earlier -- then I could be rocking an Anime Boston T-shirt for free. Blast it.

ReiChan
10-14-2002, 06:33 PM
Maybe! I go to school in Providence, RI. So, if I don't have too much going on around then, I'll probably be there. ^_^

Koumori
10-14-2002, 11:26 PM
I *might* even enter the competition. Oooo.

Gothic_Lulu
10-17-2002, 09:08 PM
HI!

I am going! it will be my first time cosplaying and my first convention!

Sami
10-17-2002, 09:34 PM
I might compete if I have a semi-decent costume. ^^; I probably won't win anything, but it'll be good experience, darnit! *psyches self up mentally, yeah*

TyJILDown
10-18-2002, 01:03 AM
Ooo I have spring break for this so I might just go...might also stay with a friend in Boston but that isn't definite.

I will definatly have my Sivil outfit done, can buy the wig with b-day money before this con if I do go. Not sure if I will have any others done.

|| Deaf Baka ||
10-21-2002, 07:01 AM
If I have a car by then, then I might definitely go with another friend, but if I don't, my friend will have a car but I'm not sure how his parents will think about me and him driving alll the way to Boston (3 1/2 hour drive). I'm willing to go extremes to go to a con!!! :D Only time will tell whether I'm going or not......

Something Lulu
10-23-2002, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking about going... It falls during my Spring Break, and if I plan ahead I can get the time off from work. It really depends on my friend in MA, and if I can stay with her and get her to come along. The 18th is Good Friday and the 20th is Easter so those dates might be a problem for her... Also, if I could hook up with some cosplayers who will be there and maybe do a group that would be cool. I already know a lot of ppl going have Lulu costumes (I have one too lol) but I've also got Skuld and Tifa, and by then I hope the have Faye and a Chobits costume done. What costumes do people think they will be bringing?

Koumori
10-23-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Something Lulu
What costumes do people think they will be bringing?

Wedding Yuna; also Dom and/or Milly Thompson.

Sami
10-23-2002, 02:53 PM
> What costumes do people think they will be bringing?

Young Katan.. well, that's a definite, since I'm (planning!) on meeting up with a few other AS cosplayers! As for the second costume, it depends.. if I'm going to help in the skit, I may as well wear that costume all day to cut down on the amount of stuff I'll have to bring. ^_^

|| Deaf Baka ||
10-23-2002, 05:28 PM
Never mind.... change of plans.... I'm gonna try to go to Otakon instead. hopefully cosplay as Kazumi and meet Himemiya and the other HJ cosplayers.

Gothic_Lulu
10-23-2002, 07:08 PM
"me 2!"

Yay *does happy prozac induced dance*:bouncer:

What are you going to be perhaps!

It is good to know ahead of time some newbies that are going! It makes me feel better about going.:)

Hope to meet ya!,

-Gothic Lulu:devil:

Something Lulu
10-23-2002, 07:09 PM
When is Otakon? I know it passed not too long ago, but alas, I was broke from AX, CC, and AXNY. >_<

TyJILDown
10-23-2002, 08:53 PM

I should have both my Kiros and Sivil costumes done by then, if I go that is. Not gonna bother bringing my Lulu costume.

zephy
10-23-2002, 08:54 PM
I'm going to try to go, but no garauntees My boyfriend lives in Malden, MA, which is right outside of Boston. Heck, if I wanted to scare all of those Bostonian commuters, I could go in costume on the T , since the stop is right by his house (but I'll probably simply drag him along and make him drive me or something). Maybe I'll wind up making my cosplay debut.....maybe, if I dont chicken out... :thumbsup: . I have a tendancy to be kinda shy sometimes :bashful: imagine that.

shiroi_yukiko
10-23-2002, 11:42 PM

Toshiya! I probably only have time to make one costume for 2003, so I'm pouring all my efforts into one big vinyl mess. It'll be a blast walking through the subways in that thing...

Something Lulu
10-24-2002, 12:47 AM
Could someone just lemme know when shojo con is? and where?

Anime_kidd2k2
11-06-2002, 01:40 PM
im gonna be haning out there as zell......im gonna be chillin with my frend, hes gonna be lee from tekken....i think....O.o well i'll be there! i CANT WAIIIITTT!!!! yaaayyy!!!!! =^_^=*meow*

smellme37
11-09-2002, 11:38 PM
hey i just joined up. i plan on attending animeboston hopefully going as Auron. This will be my first convention, cosplay experience, and attempt at making a costume. hope I can get to know some of you who are going, :D so we can all meet with a little bit of a backround.

well feel free to say hi :wave: and hope to see you there.

Anime_kidd2k2
11-20-2002, 01:29 PM
o ya this will be my first cosplay AND con also...well im only well....shood i say?......13 so im a chibi :P well see evry1 there! bye-bye! =^_^= *meow again* hey! look at bunny's psycho kitty avatar! gwahahahahaaaa!!

Something Lulu
11-20-2002, 02:13 PM
Looks like Final Fantasy is going to be a big thing at this con. ;)

Lafiel
11-21-2002, 02:57 AM
*hops*
I plan on going to Anime Boston too ^^
Bunch of us are doing a Princess 9 Group.
(we did the big Clow card group at Otakon 2002)
Going to either wear Lafiel (cots) or Mint (galaxy angel)again.
Also going as a Character Named Vanilla from a Video game/anime called Varanoir.

I look fwd to taking everyones pictures ;)

Anime_kidd2k2
11-21-2002, 08:41 PM
ya i will be takin a bunch of pics an i hope i can use a scanner at skool since i don have 1 (waaah!) an well.....evry1 that sees me plz say HELLO ZELL! wheeeee! chibis of the world- UNITE!

Anime_kidd2k2
11-22-2002, 03:29 PM
*hugs bunny back* well look for a couple of chibis there- me an my frend will be there- i'll be zell (as EVERYONE knows) an he wants to go as the celtic guardian (yu-gi-oh) which i think is kinda dumb, so we dont know what hes gonna go as yet. maybe that fat dude from lugana's part of ff8 wit the bandanna....well i'll be zell so go look for me an if you see me say HELLO ZELL! :P well who are you going as again???

Studmaster
11-23-2002, 08:34 PM
Something_Lulu: Shoujocon is in Rye, NY. The week before BAAF.

sailor-moon
11-24-2002, 01:25 PM
ill be walking around with some HOT starlights!^o^

Koumori
11-24-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Anime_kidd2k2
*hugs bunny back* well look for a couple of chibis there- me an my frend will be there- i'll be zell (as EVERYONE knows)

Yes, you *have* mentioned that once or twice...

Oshi
11-24-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Koumori
Yes, you *have* mentioned that once or twice... Ah, the kid's excited about his first con/cosplay, let it slide ^^

Koumori
11-24-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
Ah, the kid's excited about his first con/cosplay, let it slide ^^

Okay, okay. Sorry. :)

sailor-moon
11-24-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Bunny
oooo! HOT starlights LOL!

yes, super hot^o^ :::grabs onto seiyas leg::: hahahaa!! shes all mine! you cant have her!!!>.< grrrrr

Something Lulu
11-25-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Studmaster
Something_Lulu: Shoujocon is in Rye, NY. The week before BAAF.

Hehe I finally went and checked out the website awhile ago and decided it's something I want to go to. I thought it was far away or something, but it's not, and I like shoujo, so I'm going! ^_^

I didn't know you were going to ABoston, Usagi! Are you going to be bringing some of your way cool artwork? lol

Oshi
11-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by smellme37
hey i just joined up. i plan on attending animeboston hopefully going as Auron. This will be my first convention, cosplay experience, and attempt at making a costume.I'll be up there as Auron one of the days. Maybe I'll let ya use my sword for a couple photos ;D

Sami
11-25-2002, 02:57 PM
Mm, hot starlights! *___* *will be on the lookout, LOL!*

Aa, now that I'm playing KH, I have this URGE to recreate my gunblade and go as KH Squall.. >___< Decisions decisions! *whaps head on monitor*

Anime_kidd2k2
11-25-2002, 04:09 PM
Ah, the kid's excited about his first con/cosplay, let it slide ^^

hey i aint THAT young....and excited....well maybe i am :rofl: :crest: :bouncer: well hey im a first time con-goer so i was excited..... :bigcry: so uh....WHEEEE! bye bye :walkoff: (lots of smilies! yay!)

*Shiva*
12-01-2002, 02:01 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm going - its going to be my first con as well, so I'm psyched. :p Some of my friends and I are most likely going to go as some of the old-school Final Fantasy characters from FF1 - more specifically, the white, black, and red mages.

YamiRyoko
12-04-2002, 08:54 PM
Hi. I'm kinda new at this, but is anyone going to Anime Boston 2003 as Ryouga Hibiki? :confused:

neoangelwink
12-07-2002, 12:59 AM
i dont know if can make too bostion one. if get job before and save a little money , find some one to go with. aslo jugle school. mostly getting read for kat and genercon. but still early ^^.
who know what will happen.

TyJILDown
12-07-2002, 01:48 AM
Got an e-mail today saying I was confirmed for the Masquerade and cleared up info with the co-ordinator regarding what day I'll be judged and music. The girl organizing it was also thrilled to see I was doing Macross 7 hehe ^^;; Just going to register for the convention after X-mas and I am set!

Also have to figure out rooms...sad, I have Otakon figured out but not ABoston X_x

rei_hino
12-07-2002, 10:28 PM
b on the lookout for SUper Sailor Mars thats me thank u!*

rei_hino
12-08-2002, 11:36 AM
nothin . . .

rei_hino
12-08-2002, 11:41 AM
also for anime boston since im also goin two days I wanna be sakura not just super saior mars. but it all depends on how much money I have and how much time it takes to make my Mars costume. If i have enough time and money I wanna make a sakura costume or sakura's uniform or something. . . I kinda wanted to be Naru too but maybe next year. .

Sami
12-08-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
Also have to figure out rooms...sad, I have Otakon figured out but not ABoston X_x

LOL, me too! *hangs head in shame*

Anyone have any idea on the turnout they're expecting? I'm always curious about how many people will show.. ^__^

As far as costumes, I honestly have NO idea who I'm going as right now.. ^^;;; I can be finicky about my costumes. I might bring Kidd. I might bring Secret Costume. I might make a whole new costume!! (HA) Who knows; I probably won't until a week or so before. ^_-

Something Lulu
12-08-2002, 12:14 PM
Same here. I plan to have more costumes done by then so as of now it's a slight mystery....

As for rooms....still figuring that one out ;)

Koumori
12-08-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Sami

Anyone have any idea on the turnout they're expecting? I'm always curious about how many people will show.. ^__^

According to the website, as of early last month they had over 500 pre-regs, though it's still a little early to estimate attendance.

I have NO clue what I'm going to wear, though apparently I've entered the masquerade with a costume I haven't made yet, so I'd better have that one, at least.

TyJILDown
12-08-2002, 10:05 PM
Hell, all the costumes I planned on wearing aren't near done...still have to also buy the wigs and makeup needed, I am a mess!

shiroi_yukiko
12-09-2002, 12:23 AM
I keep looking at the material for my costume and wondering why it won't just make itself... (<---has little free time). I was panicking the other day waaaaaaaaaaay in advance about it getting done, when my friend reminded me that I'm supposed to have TWO done. **; I'd better get going though, as it could take me 4+ months just to get one done...ahhhh...

Something Lulu
12-10-2002, 12:09 PM
At least you have the material lol. I get home from work sometimes and think "Now would be a really ideal time to work on the costumes...if only I could find the time to buy the material!" So I've been getting all my wig stuff done so at least I don't have that to worry about. >_<

TyJILDown
12-10-2002, 03:56 PM
I have most of the material...stupid me just never bought needles for the certain fabric and proper color thread!! Gah, what is wrong with me!!

I also have to pre register after the holidays. I would have it done now if stupid me didn't have to pay for a new pair of contacts -_-

Anime_kidd2k2
12-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Koumori
According to the website, as of early last month they had over 500 pre-regs, though it's still a little early to estimate attendance.

they say that there will be a good 1500 ppl there. but don worry, they had things wit like 2300 ppl an evry1 was comfortable, not bumpin in2 each other an stuff. so it sould be okay...

ignats69
12-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Hopefully I'll be going. Plans are not definite yet but it looks like it will be a great time. I bet all of you can tell that I am a "newbie", but I have gone to several conventions. It's funny bc I never thought this would be sooo addictive. And I plan on wearing my first costume at this con. I am really excited!!:D

ignats69
12-12-2002, 04:52 PM
Well, it's going to be Sailor Moon, but what type of costume I am not sure yet. I have to wait until after Xmas to have some money to get one.

Carrot Glace
12-16-2002, 05:55 PM
Anyone going as a character from Sorcerer/Bakuretsu Hunters? I'll be going as Carrot (obviously).

akina's 86
12-19-2002, 10:47 PM
oh yeah i am going i will be there it's only an 1hr drive away from my house ^_^ all it cost me to do is get in! hahaha

sailor-moon
12-20-2002, 04:32 PM

I didn't know you were going to ABoston, Usagi! Are you going to be bringing some of your way cool artwork? lol

i might just bring some!!^.^haha^o^ i know im definetly bring my art work to otakon for the art gallary^.^ hoohoo^.^ haha!^.^ who ya going to be dressed at to AB!?!?!? i want to take pic.s with you!!!!!^o^

woohoo!im so happy!!!i hava all 3 starlights and princess kakyuu, tuxedo kamen, chibi moon, mars, and hopefull more by the time the con roles around!!!

costume plan: all forms of sailor moon^.^ yesh im bringing all of them^o^ haha lol

Gothic_Lulu
12-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by sailor-moon
i might just bring some!!^.^haha^o^ i know im definetly bring my art work to otakon for the art gallary^.^ hoohoo^.^ haha!^.^ who ya going to be dressed at to AB!?!?!? i want to take pic.s with you!!!!!^o^

woohoo!im so happy!!!i hava all 3 starlights and princess kakyuu, tuxedo kamen, chibi moon, mars, and hopefull more by the time the con roles around!!!

costume plan: all forms of sailor moon^.^ yesh im bringing all of them^o^ haha lol

YAY! You are going! I will see ya there then ^^! Can't wait to see the costumes in person ^^.

sailor-moon
12-20-2002, 10:38 PM
^o^ yayness!!someone else to meet and han gout with at AB!!! yay!^.^ you have such a cute lil white cat ^_^

look!!this is my lil baby!!
http://www.itsumademo.net/_misc/pstama8.jpg

Something Lulu
12-22-2002, 11:45 AM

Lol It's Luna!

I'll definately be bringing Lulu, but I'm not too sure what else. Probably Tifa, too.

Gothic_Lulu
12-22-2002, 01:32 PM
^o^ yayness!!someone else to meet and han gout with at AB!!! yay!^.^ you have such a cute lil white cat ^_^

^^ It will be nice to meet ya! Thank you! Hehe....My sisters white cat is named Artemis ^^.....

I would do Pluto with ya but there is no way I could do the costume....plus I am already commsioning a Lulu costume and a Gunblade....so I will be broke ;-;....maybe next AB if you are going I will do a Sailor Pluto cosplay ^^

Something Lulu! I have not seen ya on the boards for awhile hope you are alright...I like your avatar too ^^...I will be sending out the regsitration form soon......

Something Lulu
12-23-2002, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I've been away from the computer for a while. A lot of crazy stuff happened this past week and it was just not a good time for me in general. It was a very depressing and stressful week, but I'm hoping this one will be better.

ignats69
12-23-2002, 05:59 PM
I'm excited about going. They have dance parties Fri and Sat nights, plus special performances. It looks really cool. I went to the Big Apple Animefest and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Anime Boston looks a lot better!!
I'm hoping I will have a costume for it. It's difficult to find someone to make a good costume for me.
Well, my search continues!!!

Anime_kidd2k2
12-24-2002, 09:00 AM
me 2! Maybe a half and hour though

lol it's only about 10-15 mins. from my house, if you include traffic :P! i live real close, somerville. somerville is right near cambridge, which is right near boston. i could go on my bike or sum! lol i bet my frend will go on his electric scooter he got for christmas :P its SO SICK! well we don even kno who he'll be going as....he was gonna go as ward from ff8 but he never played it before an he thinks its boring....*sigh* so my....err... our search continues....

ignats69
12-25-2002, 11:19 AM
Hey Bunny and Anime Kid, since you guys live so close to the con could you give me some advice on what area I should book a hotel in. I dont want to find a hotel in Boston bc I don't know the area well and I don't want to get a gross hotel.
What's a nice, clean, safer area to find a hotel around the Boston area? I'm looking for something outside of the city.
Thanks a bunch! :)

Koumori
12-25-2002, 06:03 PM
I think at least one of those posters is under 15 and probably won't know. :) But there's nothing wrong with any of the major hotels in Boston. You can get a room at the Park Plaza, where the con is being held; it's a very nice, clean, centrally located hotel. I've stayed there before. Or any of the other hotels in the financial district or Copley areas would be just fine - just stay around downtown and you shouldn't have any trouble.

chocoborancher
12-26-2002, 08:28 AM
Taking several other hotels into consideration, I have discovered that the Park Plaza (official con hotel) is one of the cheapest hotels in the area. Considering the other things going on in Boston that weekend, the con rate is quite cheap.

Anime_kidd2k2
12-26-2002, 09:16 AM
yeah the park plaza is EXTREMELY cheap during the con, only $120 (i think, or sum near that) but if u really dont want one in boston, look for a holiday inn, they got those all over the place. theres probly a website, they probly have a search engine on it. well, hope i helped :P!

ignats69
12-28-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all your help!!

Chef Xellos
01-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Ack... Not exactly the place to ask.. but since most posters here seem to be headed to Anime Boston, and since no one answered my post in another thread (meanies. ^^) I'm going to post it here. In short, sweet broken english.

Slayers Cosplay Group

Need a LINA INVERSE. Need a GOURRY GABRIEV. Need a FILIA.

Have a Zelgadis, an Amelia, a Xellos, A Zangulus, and a Prince Phil. Wouldn't mind a Martina, a Sylphiel, a Valgaav etc.

Seriously! We're running out of time to put this together! If you, or anyone you know, is interested, please contact me! If you live in the Boston Area, we'll even come pick you up! (that includes the Cape, and Weymouth, Worcester, etc.) Not so sure about rooming establishments... We might all just stay at my Dad's house. ^^ He lives around there.

Chef Xellos
01-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Most people are trying to find rides to cons through this site, and the sites for the actual cons. And it's not like we wouldn't contact them through ways other than the internet. Sheesh. It's not like my post was 'Any succulent young women want a ride from meeeeee?!'

^^

Oshi
01-03-2003, 04:54 PM
no offence but how can u trust someone on the internet to drive u somewhere? How can YOU not trust a fellow cosplayer? >.>

Chef Xellos
01-03-2003, 06:27 PM
That deserves a 'word!', Oshi.

ignats69
01-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Well I am all registered now and booked my room for the con!! And I have a my first costume on the way. I'll be dressed as Neo Queen Serenity. So when you all go you can say hi to me! I'll be easy to point out! heeehee :)

Something Lulu
01-07-2003, 01:12 AM
Well I got my room booked, now I just have to register lol

ignats69
01-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Now that I am already for this con, I would really like to meet some of you. None of my friends are into anime like I am and it would be nice to befriend people who are into the same things as I!
I don't sound too lame, do I? :) Maybe not lame, just very friendly! :) :)
Hope to hear from y'all!

TyJILDown
01-07-2003, 04:58 PM

You booked the room? Yay!!

I am gonna register this week, gotta get some cash into my paypal account X_x

Gothic_Lulu
01-08-2003, 03:35 PM

YAY! Spiffy....I might stay with ya too.....lets just see if I can convince my mom....hehe...she is going to the con with my little sister I believe so maybe I can convince her then.......

ignats69
01-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Well if any of you want to say hi to me...just come up to me! My name is Dana and I will be dressed as Neo Queen Serenity. I'm a little tall about 5'8. So make sure you say hi and tell me how you know me, because I have a horrible memory and probably might think you're some crazy person! :)
Then when I meet a few people I won't feel as weird about going to the cons. Plus, its always nice to meet new people and maybe even some new friends! (Geez...I am lame!!)

Tsuki
01-09-2003, 08:37 PM
I'm goin....OH YES! ^-^ my friend and I shall be going as Chii and Dark Chii..scaring my sister, cause we're freaks like that. I couldn't get a room, I was planning this since last years Arisia last year when I picked up the flyer.

My sister, did NOT want to stay with 2 hyperactive, anime-loving teenage girls for the whole convention.

So we'll more than likely be there on Saturday ^-^ and this is my Cosplay debut...so ya ^-^

ja ne minna-san! ^-^ I'll see ya all there!

ignats69
01-09-2003, 09:34 PM
YAY! It's my debut also. I'm turning into a real freak and my boyfriend is starting to get scared. Hehehehe

Gothic_Lulu
01-10-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by ignats69
Well if any of you want to say hi to me...just come up to me! My name is Dana and I will be dressed as Neo Queen Serenity. I'm a little tall about 5'8. So make sure you say hi and tell me how you know me, because I have a horrible memory and probably might think you're some crazy person! :)
Then when I meet a few people I won't feel as weird about going to the cons. Plus, its always nice to meet new people and maybe even some new friends! (Geez...I am lame!!)

Cool ^-^ I would like to meet ya....I will be in a big Final Fantasy group...It is my first con and first time cosplaying too ^^....

Zevchan
01-11-2003, 05:12 AM
Hihi! It's Michi, Masquerade Director for Anime Boston 2003! I'm so excited to see so many cosplayers interested in coming to Anime Boston this year! Just so you all know, there is a Cosplay Groups gathering times schedule on the Anime Boston BBoards so if you want to put together a group or have already and need a time to meet, just let me know and I'll update the list on the boards!
Also, the price of membership jumps up again on January 19th, so get yours now and save the $5.00 for other anime goodness! Look into getting a room too 'cause they are going FAST due to the Boston Marathon being the Monday after the con!

Oh, and if anyone hasn't checked out the <a href='http://www.animeboston.com'>Anime Boston</a> website, then you should know that we ARE taking Masquerade registrations online right now, but space is LIMITED due to time restraints. If you want to wait and register AT the con, you can do so, but you will be able to register for Catwalk ONLY, unless we miraculously have time to let you do more. I'm sorry for this, really (I'm pretty easy to pursuade, though) but I just want to make sure everyone has time on stage! Time they deserve in the spotlight! Hehehe!

Okies, that's it for now! ^_^

Zevchan
01-11-2003, 02:29 PM
New Anime Boston poll, created just for all of YOU!! ^_^

http://www.animeboston.com/forums/ForumID5/82.html

(Just FYI, you have to be registered on the boards to vote)

Anime_kidd2k2
01-11-2003, 08:59 PM
yay! i voted! first con for me! yay for newbs! WOOT!

ignats69
01-12-2003, 06:45 PM
I registered for it too!! I'm a newbie to cosplaying but not to anime cons. Yay..i should have my costume by the end of march!! I am so excited!!

Sillabub
01-18-2003, 11:13 PM
*sigh* This is an old thread...BUT I'M GOING! On Saturday, I'll be there with some friends ^^ Ooh, I live about 6 miles from Boston, and since this is my first convention I can't wait!

The only thing I fear is the train-ride home. *shudder* I seriously hate nighttime train rides...

Oh, yeah! I'm going as Rinoa, but I think you all know that! I've been talking about it soooo much!

Kikyou
02-09-2003, 01:42 PM
I'm replying late also, but well, since I just started going to school in Mass, I decided that I should go, and I was convinced to by a fellow anime geek I met here. So now I'm all registered and am probably going to camp out in his room. I got the finishing touches for my Kikyou costume (I was Kikyou at BAAF in August, but since then I've cut my hair, so it's really short now, and don't feel like having bangs again, so I'm getting a wig). If anyone knows how to make a round red necklace that will STAY PUT, please help me. I used yarn for my last necklace and that was irritating. :(

Silla - Rinoa rocks. Have fun :)

FujiHonda
02-09-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm late too, but oh well. ^_^;;

anyhoo....I'll be there! ^____^ It's my 2nd Con, and 1st cosplay.

Although, I'm about to kill myself for picking such a hard character to cosplay. :waaaah: -___-;;;

Something Lulu
02-10-2003, 01:22 AM
omg I still have to register lol. I have my room reserved and everything but I haven't done that

Oshi
02-10-2003, 10:56 AM
I got a press pass ^^v

Xanatos
02-10-2003, 11:25 PM
I am definetly going, Iv'e heard it's gonna be awesome..
It's a new way too spend Easter, It beats eating over salted eggs with my Nephew @_@

Anime_kidd2k2
02-11-2003, 03:21 PM
oshi! you got the press pass?! dam you! >_< so like do you like write stuff down like a reporter or sum? i don kno, ive never been a "press person".

TyJILDown
02-11-2003, 08:27 PM
I pre registered a few weeks ago, just awaiting my confirmation. Gawd, gotta give em props for allowing pre registration through Paypal ^_^

OnaiXun
02-12-2003, 01:34 AM
gd dammit, i still have to pre register, im gonna be there too, and as hotsuma, this will be my first time convention and first time cosplaying, so spiffy, i cant freakin wait, i gotta make my costume too!damn it all:schitzo:

Oshi
02-12-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Anime_kidd2k2
oshi! you got the press pass?! dam you! >_< so like do you like write stuff down like a reporter or sum? i don kno, ive never been a "press person". I'm a photographer for BootyProject.org =D

I TAKES TEH PIKTURES THAT MAEK TEH PPL SMILE AND GO WEEEEEE!!! ^___^v

</hypermode>

EvilMoogleQueen
02-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to go to anime boston. I've already booked a room. but it depends on if i can get to boston.

If all goes well I'll be cosplaying as Robin (witch hunter robin).

kitty_neko
02-18-2003, 11:45 PM
wheee, im finally registered and ive got my hotel room! i havent got my post card yet, but it should be coming soon....

im planning on having my Riku costume ready by then (my first crossplay!!) ^_^

Gothic_Lulu
02-19-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by kitty_neko
wheee, im finally registered and ive got my hotel room! i havent got my post card yet, but it should be coming soon....

im planning on having my Riku costume ready by then (my first crossplay!!) ^_^

I have not got my postcard thingy either and I registered in September 0.o;;;;. Wonder if I should be worried?

Cool! I hope to see ya there. I might be staying in the hotel myself cuz I don't what to take the train at 7am for three days in a row lol.

kitty_neko
02-19-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Gothic_Lulu
I have not got my postcard thingy either and I registered in September 0.o;;;;. Wonder if I should be worried?

Cool! I hope to see ya there. I might be staying in the hotel myself cuz I don't what to take the train at 7am for three days in a row lol.

about the post card- eeks, thats really strange... maybe you should email them or something to check? @_@;

and i didnt get a room in the same hotel as the con.... its across the street or something. im not really sure, but its not too far... the hotel that has the con sold out already anyways T_T

but i cant wait to meet you! ^_^

Gothic_Lulu
02-19-2003, 10:48 AM
about the post card- eeks, thats really strange... maybe you should email them or something to check? @_@;

and i didnt get a room in the same hotel as the con.... its across the street or something. im not really sure, but its not too far... the hotel that has the con sold out already anyways T_T

but i cant wait to meet you! ^_^

I have heard that a lot of people have not got them yet....if worst comes to worse though, when ya check in they can look your name up and as long as they see you have paid, they will give it to you there.

I think the hotel has been sold out for a week now ^_^ I might be able to stay in the con hotel though because my mom is going to the con with my little sis so she will be able to see the people I could room with.....I would really want to stay at the hotel on the masquerade day though since it is at night.

It will be cool to meet everyone that I have talked to through these boards too ^^ Oh, and I saw your Chii costume, it is really cute!

kitty_neko
02-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Oh, and I saw your Chii costume, it is really cute!

omg, thank you so much!! *skips around happily* ^_^;

Gothic_Lulu
02-19-2003, 10:56 AM
I might do a Yumi costume since I have a plushie version of her ^_^ but that won't be untill later...I have a hard enough time making two costumes at a time lol

kitty_neko
02-19-2003, 10:59 AM
I might do a Yumi costume since I have a plushie version of her ^_^ but that won't be untill later...I have a hard enough time making two costumes at a time lol

oo! when you do, we should meet up some time and take pictures!! :D

and yes, making more than one costume at a time can be a very dangerous thing.... @_@;;

Gothic_Lulu
02-19-2003, 11:09 AM
oo! when you do, we should meet up some time and take pictures!! :D

and yes, making more than one costume at a time can be a very dangerous thing.... @_@;;

That would be cool ^_^ I am going all Final Fantasy at anime boston but if I have anything else made by then i'll bring it ^_^.

Dangerous and expensive....*starts crying about commision costs, supply costs, admission costs...the list goes on*

chocoborancher
02-19-2003, 02:53 PM
according to the Anime Boston website:

"Pre-registered and waiting?
If you've pre-registered and haven't received your postcard in the mail yet, please be patient and read questions 14 and 15 in our FAQ. Don't panic. "

and questions 14 & 15 from their FAQ:

"I pre-registered but haven't received a postcard yet. Am I really registered?
Probably. Our postcards get sent out in batches every few months. People seem to start to panic every couple months anyway. Just be patient.

I never got a postcard! How will I get my badge?
Don't panic! Just show up at the convention and we'll take care of you. It might help if you bring along some form of ID. "

Hope this helps some.

Anime_kidd2k2
02-19-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm a photographer for BootyProject.org =D

I TAKES TEH PIKTURES THAT MAEK TEH PPL SMILE AND GO WEEEEEE!!! ^___^v

</hypermode>

if you take a picture of me i'll definitely smile and go whee!! hey that rhymded! YAY IM A POET!

tsukinohime
02-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Okay, so I'm really late! (as usual! I wouldn't be Usagi if I weren't perpetually out of the loop!) Aaaanyways, I'll be there Saturday as Sailor Moon. All I have to worry about is navigating the T in costume. ~_~