PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Blonde Wig, best for white?

ThatYaoiBoy
06-30-2003, 05:35 PM
My friend is going to Otakon as Adonis from Arcana (pic included in attatchments) and he needs a long white wig. I went to www.wtichwigs.com and found one that looked good but they only have it in Silver White or Platinum Blonde. Which is closer to white? And do any of you know where I can get a WHITE long straight wig? Thanks!

aeva
06-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Um... you really have to search around for a PURE white wig. I bought a platinum blonde wig from Witchwigs, and its...... quite yellow when compared to any white object. While it might just work for that costume, I think its best to shop around a bit first.

Rosiel
06-30-2003, 05:45 PM
This (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=22817&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1) is witchwigs in Silver White. I think it would look great, based on your reference picture.

Pure white is hard and tends to be flat and look very fake.

kelldar
06-30-2003, 05:46 PM
Look on ebay; I've bought several long white wigs there (four to be exact ^^;) Varying quality and shades; some are whiter some are more silver. But you can generally find a few there.
I looked and found this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3421387727&category=15737

ThatYaoiBoy
06-30-2003, 05:51 PM
Rosiel: Thank you so much! Your costumes are alway awesome. Also I was wondering from you, xD How do you make it look so.. real? Like, whenever I put on a wig it doesn't seem to fit properly and the lining edge doesn't sit exactly on my hair line. Any help with that?

Kell: That's a nice wig but Adonis only has bangs on one side of his face, so I need a bangless wig and just chop off the other side lol

Rosiel
06-30-2003, 06:01 PM
> Any help with that?

Maybe a little. If you're having trouble with wig positioning/slippage, get a wig cap. (White for light wigs, black for dark ones.) Get all your hair in it and make the edge of it sit on your hairline.

Then put the wig on. The trick is to get hairpins in a similar color to your wig and to pin your hair, the wig cap and the wig in at least 4 or five spots around your hairline. Make sure to hide the pins under the hair, and point the part that goes up towards your scalp to make sure it does not show.

The wig will stay put, and no hair will slip out.

Also, under the wig, there is a hook you can use to make it smaller/tighter if the default doesn't fit snugly.

I hope this helps. ^__^
If it still doesn't work, feel free to come up to me at a con and I'll give you a hand.

ThatYaoiBoy
06-30-2003, 06:06 PM
Haha thank you! I'll try it out first before bugging ya!

Moogle Hiromi
06-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Arcana cosplay! Awesome! *eyes turn to hearts* XD

I would also try here:
http://amphigory.com/wigs_enchantment.html

Go for the colour "Lily". Sure it may even be too long, but you can always fix that! ^^ And if you click into frames, you can find a bit on how to cut bangs and such. Hair dryers rule. XD

Mao