PDA

View Full Version : Short sci-fi chicks?

Claireon
06-30-2003, 09:27 PM
I usually cosplay "cute little" characters at anime cons... being that I'm under 5 feet tall (and that's as specific as you're getting!). I've been wanting to go to a sci-fi con (in costume, of course!) for a while now, and, well... I haven't noticed too many American sci-fi chicks who are supposed to be kind of small and/or cutesy.

For instance, Agent Scully is one possibility, because Gillian Anderson is actually quite short... as are Princess Leia and Captain Janeway (have you _seen_ the heels she hides under those slacks?) Well... I would like to play Agent Scully sometime, but the others are overdone and pretty simple. And right now I have a lust for making a really neat, somewhat more involved and stylish costume.

There are costumes I'd love to make, like Trinity or Mystique :D but that I'm afraid would look ridiculous on my midget frame. (No, I am not a midget, I am using the term liberally. :P ) I think I could pull a costume for a character who's supposed to be simply *cute*, which usually confuses people well enough--think Trance Gemini from Andromeda. But can anybody think of any other petite sci-fi chicks?

(And please don't respond that my height shouldn't figure in to my costume... I've already made up my mind about the *issue*, what I'd like is some help thinking of characters. Of course I wouldn't play a character I didn't feel some attatchment for... I'm just looking for angles I may not have thought of.)

Nevernaut
06-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Chiana and Sikozu from FARSCAPE are both played by petite actress.

I've seen them played by tall people at conventions and it never looks right.

kylash327
06-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Well Chiana always crouches, so being short would make you even shorter ^_^;