PDA

View Full Version : Gurren Lagann

kratos1010
07-06-2008, 11:48 PM
My friends and I are working on a group cosplay for Gurren. First, where do you suggest I look for the Yoko belt? I cant find any that look right. Similarly, where can I get belts for a post timeskip Simon cosplay? (Around episode 24+) Lastly, any suggestions for building Yoko's rifle (materials, strategies, etc)

Thanks very much!

Roxhem
07-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Pictures/links help lots... >>;

But you can find a white studded belt pretty much anywhere, they're not too uncommon. Try a Stitches or a CD store- the ones where I live have recently started stocking belts, which are mostly studded. You could also try a Claire's/Ardiene's. If all else fails, I'm sure you could scrounge one up on ebay or something.

Yoko's gun can be made with relative ease from a wooden broomstick, cerealbox cardboard, cardboard tubes, hot glue and paint.

That's how we made ours anyway. =P

And at the moment, I can't find a good ref. picture from post-timpskip Simon to look. =\

kratos1010
07-20-2008, 11:14 PM
For the gun, we decided to use wood and pvc pipes, but I still have had no luck with the belts. Most places only had three rows, and nothing had the belt for simon. Heres a pic from the simon cosplay, yoko pics are pretty common, need that belt too. Thanks again.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7773/1188701830923qv9.png

Hiro Akemi
11-02-2009, 12:58 PM
EBAY. Seriously. Ebay.