PDA

View Full Version : Ah.....July! A month full of manga!

baku_neko
07-01-2003, 06:46 PM
So much cool manga coming out this month!! What are you going to get? Hehe...my b-day is coming up...so I'll have some money soon!

Here's my want list:
FAKE 2
Naruto 1 (or One Piece 1, I think that's whats being relased, not Naruto. Probably an error on their site)
Demon Diary 2
Kare Kano 4
MARS 12

Here's TP's list:
http://tokyopop.com/browse/calendar.php

VIZ:
http://www.viz.com/news/newreleases/200307.php

BTW, am I the only one who has seen MARS 12 in bokstores? Wasn't it supposed to be out on 07/15? I'm not complaining about it or anything, but still...weird...Saber Marionette J Volume 1 is out early too.

Also, one of VIZ's new titles is Boys over Flowers (Hana Yori Dango). Has anyone ever heard of this series? Is it good? VIZ doesn't have a site for it yet, so I know nothing about it.

One more thing, Borders is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on there TP titles, just so you know. At least they're having it at the one by my house.

makonurikoryoko
07-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by baku_neko
Also, one of VIZ's new titles is Boys over Flowers (Hana Yori Dango). Has anyone ever heard of this series? Is it good? VIZ doesn't have a site for it yet, so I know nothing about it.

ooooooooooo it is REALLY good! I personally want to buy it all even though I think at last count theyre on 32 books...... XD Alot! but the shoujo-y relationship drama-y goodness is great! If youre a shoujo craed nut-bar such as myself i definitly recomend it!
And hey what about peach girl coming out July 15th. Give Momo some love! hehe

Babbit_Chan
07-02-2003, 05:05 AM
Hurray for One Piece! I'm especially looking forward to this one since it's the first manga my best friend's ever been interested in reading X3

JyuuSan
07-02-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm excited because after waiting for 4 years, I'm finally going to be able read Saber Marionette J!!! :bouncer:

rainbowflavored
07-03-2003, 12:29 AM
fake and kare kano!

has gravitation come out yet? i've been looking for it online but can't find it...

baku_neko
07-03-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by rainbowflavored
fake and kare kano!

has gravitation come out yet? i've been looking for it online but can't find it...

Yeah it was supposed to come out this month, but they pushed it back to August. Bah. Sometimes TP can be stupid.

Babbit_Chan
07-03-2003, 03:12 AM
TokyoPop has no idea how big Gravitation will be for the shounen ai fans :p Stupid monkeys.

rainbowflavored
07-03-2003, 01:15 PM
i remember seeing that gravitation was supposed to come out in early june... >_<

makonurikoryoko
07-03-2003, 02:52 PM
One more thing, Borders is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on there TP titles, just so you know. At least they're having it at the one by my house.

XD Yeah! I just looked at the Tokopop site and they said it s going on in ALL Borders stores until July 27th!!!!!! I Am SO THERE!

DaphHime
07-04-2003, 02:22 AM
Woohoo! Excel Saga is comeing out! They released it faster than I thought they whould. :bouncer: YAY! I'm there! Wow! And vol 2 comes out a month after. Double yay! I wonder if I'll have any money left by the end of the summer. The release date is kinda werid though. Some say late July and some say early August.

Some of those other titals look good too. Namely FAKE (skimmed throught when I saw it at the book store, interesting) and Graviation I've heard alot of good things about. Dang, I'm becomeing a yaoi fangirl. :p

Xanatos
07-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Their opening a new Borders by my job, It opens July 12th !!!! I usualy go to Walden books but Borders has a much better selection :bigtu:

Babbit_Chan
07-05-2003, 08:14 PM
I want to quote exactly what's been said on the TokyoPop site:

"For the next month or so (from June 29 - July 27), at Borders stores nationwide, selected TOKYOPOP manga titles are on sale: buy two and get the third free!"

Just wanted to share that, because when I went to go buy my Shaolin Sisters manga, I recieved no such offer on two for one. Not to mention shouldn't they have SAID something about the sale when I bought them? And another thing (yeah yeah I just keep going), what's this about a "select list"? Is that why I didn't get another free, or is my Borders not participating, when ALL of them should be?

**EDIT**
The offer's also not mentioned on the Borders website.

rainbowflavored
07-05-2003, 11:42 PM
i just went to borders and didnt see any signs or posters for a tokyopop sale. there was a special case with a couple tokyo pop titles like chobits and GTO but no sign talking about a sale.

Usagi Mylene
07-06-2003, 01:30 AM
I JUST BOUGHT MARS 12 at WALDEN!!!! err... but I do have their 10% off card thingie.

Yeah more Kare Kano!!!! I can't wait!!! Ohhh..... and Boys over Flowers. I still need to see the anime but I can't find it fansubbed any where anymore =(. Anyone out there got it?) Did you guys see Meteor Garden? It's taiwan's live action version of it.

Yeah!!!!

number18
07-07-2003, 03:02 PM
I'm in a bit of a dilemma...

I never know what to buy anymore, manga wise. I'm collecting Peach Girl, The Big O and Paradise Kiss...but the last few other titles I bought were kind of a let-down (Erika Sakurazawa, Under the Glass Moon). I keep hearing good things about a ton of different manga but I just don't know! I had started collecting Utena, but I think most of us know the 3rd volume is still not out (unless I missed something). I have no idea what to spend my money on. I guess I'm just gonna wait till Berserk comes out =instant drooling= and collect what I have. Maybe start on GTO or SOMETHING! I'm just so confuzzled...

And I'm not really a fan of yaoi or shoujo/shonen ai stories all that much...nor am I really attracted to series just cause of bishounen or anything like that. Ahhh dunno. I guess I'll just start buying the DBZ GNs finally...or something. :/

Any suggestions?

makonurikoryoko
07-07-2003, 03:50 PM
well what do you like? ^_^ i personally recomend Hana Yori Dango (Boys over Flowers) and Kodomo no Omocha. But hey im soo shoujo -y! hehe Also have you read Kare Kano? Thats a great series! Another bunch of novel you shul dDEFINITLY check out are Uzumaki, Tomei and Flesh Colored Horror! Theyre horror manga and are soo wonderfully drawn and great stories that always have me hiding in my covers!

baku_neko
07-08-2003, 12:05 AM
No! Don't buy DBZ mangas!!! Start reading MARS. Good romance. And the series is almost over, so by the time you catch up, the complete set will be out and you won't have wait for any to be published. But I dunno if you'll like it since you said you don't like shoujo. Hmmm...oh! A good and funny shonen manga that just started with TP is Samurai Deeper Kyo. Reminds me a little of Kenshin. But just a little. I'm gonna buy it with that buy 2 get 1 free offer at Borders when the 07/08/03 mangas are released. Ah, GTO. It's alright I guess, but I never started the seires, only read part of the first one in a bookstore. You know, if you go to TP's website and look at their products, most of them have a sample of the manga you can read online. Maybe that will help. http://tokyopop.com ^_^

Ron26
07-08-2003, 12:33 AM
Manga of July
- One Piece (Chapter 1)

August
- Naruto (Chapter 1)

makonurikoryoko
07-08-2003, 12:40 AM
No! Don't buy DBZ mangas!!! Start reading MARS. Good romance. And the series is almost over, so by the time you catch up, the complete set will be out and you won't have wait for any to be published.

oo yeah how did i forget Mars!!>_< its realy good though i know guys that like it even!

number18
07-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Hmm...I checked out the selection at Walden books (which is absurdly good for some reason) and saw that not only was The Big O volume 3 out, but also Utena 3...and for 10 bucks at the same size the first 2 were! So...I think that settles my question. I am thinking of picking up Mars next, maybe...as a totally new series. And definitely thinking about picking up Club 9...always found that comic hilarious. ^_^ Thanks for the help ya'll...

Oh, and nothing will stop me from buying DBZ manga! MWUAHAHAAAAAAA@!