PDA

View Full Version : Short wig and long thick hair....

Usagi Mylene
07-02-2003, 01:11 AM
I got my blue wig for my Ami-chan (Sailor Moon) costume. I have long thick hair and I'm having a hell of a time trying to get my hair to stay inside the wig.

Anyone got any ideas that would help me? I put my hair up in a twist of sort and I got the wig on but you can see a little bit of buldge.

Thanks!

Michi
07-02-2003, 01:27 AM
Do you have a wig cap? That helps smush down hair. I used to have my hair to my hips, and fit it into a chin-length wig for my Juuhachi Gou costume last year. ^^ Braids can help too, apparently, but I always just smushed it down.. x.x

Shonen_Star
07-02-2003, 03:31 AM
My friend has the same problem. She heard somewhere that you can dampen your hair and then twist it up in a bunch of lilttle buns all over your head (like buddah). and put the wig over it all while it still damp.
never actually tried it though.......

soshi
07-02-2003, 01:53 PM
bobby pin your hair all over your head - if you bunch it up in one spot, you'll get that lump-looking thing sticking out of your wig. what I do is tie my hair in a poiny tail, then wrap it around my head and pin it down as flat as possible.

KaraokeKate
07-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Use a wig cap. Get your hair wet first, then twist it *behind* your head and put it in the cap. Wigs are designed to stretch in the back, not on the top or sides, so this will not only look the most natural, but it will actually help keep the wig on your head. ~_^

Also, if you can find/make a wig cap that matches your wig, it will also help hide the meshing.

Garuda_Aiacos
07-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Personally, if the wig color is totally different from my real hair (aka Blonde, Green), I first raised my hairline a bit up by shaving the hair in front of my ears, my fringe and above my collar. But that's because new hair are forever poping out of my scalp.

Then I did a braid as low as possible and did a French Roll, before putting on the wig cap.

Buns are only good for Tate Roll Wigs cause it gave it a more "puff" up appearance IMHO.

I have over waist length hair anyway. ;)

chesh
07-03-2003, 10:33 AM
I have really thick hair, and I've had the same problem with lumpy wigs.

I would say either twist your hair into little buns or put it in tons of little braids and pin everything up (think pin-curls). However, I can't stress the "little" part enough. I once was in a huge rush to get to game and decided that I only really needed to put my hair in 8 buns before I put on the bob wig. I looked like I'd been beaten severely, as the wig had 8 goose-egg-sized bumps. And yes, wig-caps are your friends.