PDA

View Full Version : 2009 cosplay?

narutofan195
07-11-2008, 10:00 PM
what are you planning to be for sakura-con 2009?

maybe: persona 3
kingdom hearts

Fang of Critias
07-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Light Yagami, for sure. Aside from my personal liking toward him, I like being able to cosplay while at the same time looking completely normal outside an anime gathering.

Another, more elaborate cosplay that I'll be dead focused on obtaining one way or another is of Nozomu Itoshiki from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, again for a personal liking.

I suppose I could also find some spare cosplays for fun and profit. I could always use more Light-related attire, and with the stuff I already have, I also have an almost complete cosplay of Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm still on the lookout for any more possibilities, and plan to take advantage of them whenever possible.

benzo936
07-21-2008, 08:18 PM
im planning on alphonse elric from FMA, Cliff fittir from Star Ocean

and River Zastory from Black Cat

Rose of Malice
07-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Matt from the Death Note manga and Yagami Light in his high school uniform from Death Note for sure. I also have other plans, but don't want to spread them everywhere, just in case they do not happen.

Bredward
07-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Right now, my list includes Mello from Death Note, Dietrich von Lohengrin and Ion Fortuna from Trinity Blood, Quatre Winner from Gundam Wing, Yukito Tsukishiro from Tsubasa, and Sailor Star Healer from Sailor Moon Stars. I'm hoping it doesn't change any more before the con, but... it probably will.

lja136
07-26-2008, 12:35 AM
I'll be going as Katara and spirit-Yue, both from Avatar.

Fang of Critias
07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Quatre Winner from Gundam Wing

Oh damn, now I'm definitely thinking a Brad Swaile-off between the both of us. We could have contests over which one of us can sound the nicest and/or the craziest. We could perform taunts such as "My Zero System induced crazy laugh can beat your black notebook induced crazy laugh," or vice versa.

And bonus points if you're ever planning on cosplaying Tamaki from Ouran Host Club, for the Seiyuu-Off.

Bredward
07-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh damn, now I'm definitely thinking a Brad Swaile-off between the both of us. We could have contests over which one of us can sound the nicest and/or the craziest. We could perform taunts such as "My Zero System induced crazy laugh can beat your black notebook induced crazy laugh," or vice versa.

And bonus points if you're ever planning on cosplaying Tamaki from Ouran Host Club, for the Seiyuu-Off.
I was thinking about the same thing. XD
Rose of Malice and I can't STFU about Death Note when we're together, so I was planning on making 35645743 references to the voice actor thing and busting out the Death Note from my Mello costume at some point.

And lulz, I AM. X]
I had like five different people at Gasukan/the cosplay parade tell me that I should cosplay Tamaki, so I'm doing so for Kumoricon.

Fang of Critias
07-26-2008, 11:36 PM
I was thinking about the same thing. XD
Rose of Malice and I can't STFU about Death Note when we're together, so I was planning on making 35645743 references to the voice actor thing and busting out the Death Note from my Mello costume at some point.

And lulz, I AM. X]
I had like five different people at Gasukan/the cosplay parade tell me that I should cosplay Tamaki, so I'm doing so for Kumoricon.

Oh, if only I had a complimentary Kyouya cosplay for myself... but that will probably have to wait until Sakuracon at the very least.

PrincessLulu
07-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Well~

Im planning on hopefuly have AWEsum's cosplays for a Yaripa (yuna, rikku and paine) White Mage trio <3

I will most likley bust out my Lolita Kiba if it does well at Kumori~ i might wear my Thunderwitch as well and i will try to have my Gokudrea done for the Reborn! group~

i still have a million ideas floatin around in my head so i have no set in stone costume yet XD

Bredward
07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Oh, if only I had a complimentary Kyouya cosplay for myself... but that will probably have to wait until Sakuracon at the very least.
I don't know if I'll be taking Tamaki to Sakuracon since I have so many other costumes planned, but I'll most likely be wearing it to a Gasukan at some point. It would be pretty easy for me to wear both Quatre and Tamaki to the same shoot, since I'll be wearing the same wig for both characters.

Fang of Critias
07-27-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't know if I'll be taking Tamaki to Sakuracon since I have so many other costumes planned, but I'll most likely be wearing it to a Gasukan at some point. It would be pretty easy for me to wear both Quatre and Tamaki to the same shoot, since I'll be wearing the same wig for both characters.

Perhaps as soon as I can find an Ouran uniform, I can do Kyouya. I've only seen 4 episodes, but I think I get the character.

The~Wind
07-27-2008, 02:03 AM
My list for SC'09... I don't know if I should cut down or not...

Morinozuka Takashi from Ouran High School Host Club, Zechs Marquise from Gundam Wing, Princess Kakyuu from Sailor Moon Stars, Human Luna from Sailor Moon S, a secret cosplay from Pokemon, and Touya Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura.

That's my list so far. Hopefully it doesn't grow too much more.

PrincessLulu
07-27-2008, 02:13 AM
My list for SC'09... I don't know if I should cut down or not...

Morinozuka Takashi from Ouran High School Host Club, Zechs Marquise from Gundam Wing, Princess Kakyuu from Sailor Moon Stars, Human Luna from Sailor Moon S, a secret cosplay from Pokemon, and Touya Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura.

That's my list so far. Hopefully it doesn't grow too much more.

oh~

We should totaly use Gasu as a test run for the CCS and then if it all turns out well we should do a CCS photoshoot at SC 09! i wouldnt mind bustin out my Suppi again :3

chibikkoda
07-29-2008, 02:08 AM
if my friends and i do decide 2 go there:

Bleach: Bankai Soifon, Bankai Ichigo, Renji, Kenpachi, Shuuhei
Naruto: Haku, Zabuza, Shikamaru, Azuma, Rock Lee
FFXI: Drgoon, Samurai, Dark Knight, Paladin,
D.Gray-man: Grave of Maria, Cross or Lavi (may be)
Pokemon: Mismagius, Machoke, Trainer or Ranger, Infernape

this will b our first Sakuracon if we can go so i'm looking forward 2 it XD

Lady Shinsei
07-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Kankuro (if I finally get the hood for that), time-jump Naruto (if I get the wig and a few other stuff), and some other awesome ideas that'll require a lot of monies (Janus from Chrono Trigger, Rebecca Hawkins from Yu-Gi-Oh, etc.).

deathnote lover
07-29-2008, 07:48 PM
i'm going as L from deathnote for my first SC-con

Ashleythedragon
08-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Edit: Edit:

Costume's I plan to do:

Suzy/Suzume from Zatch/Gash Bell

narutofan195
08-08-2008, 03:18 AM
I dont know (you could start a thread about one tho.. ^_^ *hugs* i miss you) and costume update::
persona 3 :: mitsuru (woot)
kingdom hearts :: spoon axel or sora or riku
(working on) :: lili (psychonauts)

Luna-A-Lovegood
08-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Hmm. Naruto should be done by then. And Winry [FMA] too. Ester [Trinity Blood] may be re-vamped in time, Kiba for sure and MAYBE Axel, that one all depends. :]

vivkura
08-08-2008, 03:03 PM
well! my friend and I are going as Link and Zelda! hopefully!

Zombie Jill
08-08-2008, 03:16 PM
^^ I know for sure my friend and I are going as Sylvia and Travis, from No More Heroes. xD We still can't agree what other costumes we are to do.

Dante-chan
08-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Link from Twilight light princess! Finally!

I got the Ordon sword all cut out in wood! Bows to the awesomeness that is the Dremel. I didn't end up making it in aluminum. I did cut it all out, which took forever with the grider, as I had to do several sheet, but we found out that it would take to long to heat alum-weld it. My friend's brother might be able to weld it all together with the aluminum welding machine he says has, but I'd have to wait a while until he's free for that.
I might try again another year with some car leaf spring, and make it functional.

It's ether that or zuko from avatar.
I heard there's a new con called Aki-con in washington state, that meets in everett in november. http://www.akicon.org/
So, I might go as Zuko for that.

Arissa-chan
08-14-2008, 10:21 PM
My sig and icon say all and I'm toting along with me a Neo.

Blasphemy Blue
08-16-2008, 12:15 PM
List of possibles: Chii from Tsubasa, Rhode from D. Gray-man, Dark Tyki from D. Gray-man, Jasdebi from D. Gray-man, Ling Yao/Greed from FMA, and several others. xD; It all depends on what I have the time and money for.

SirOaf
08-19-2008, 02:11 AM
Ragnarok Male Wizard.. I've always loved the outfit, and being a wizard is just plain... fun!! :)

rockthedojo
08-20-2008, 02:27 AM
I really really wanna be Aisha Clan Clan =oO thats probably the most surprising one... Me and my friends are tossing around the idea of doing the LFOs from Eureka Seven and i get to be type:TheEnd

trapunto
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM
I've been considering getting my friends together for an Alice in Wonderland cosplay or an American McGee's Alice. It doesn't exactly fit in...but it still kinda does.
We might also cosplay An Cafe! :)

narutofan195
08-25-2008, 02:08 AM
I really really wanna be Aisha Clan Clan =oO thats probably the most surprising one... Me and my friends are tossing around the idea of doing the LFOs from Eureka Seven and i get to be type:TheEnd

Of the catral-catarl ? (a mouthful if i do say so myself ^_^) I just finished watching the WHOLE series, it was my first adult swim show!! if you go as Aisha Clan Clan, I NEED your PICTURE!!!

quote from Tranunto:::
I've been considering getting my friends together for an Alice in Wonderland cosplay or an American McGee's Alice. It doesn't exactly fit in...but it still kinda does.
We might also cosplay An Cafe!

AMERICAN MCGEE'S ALICE WAS THE BEST GAME EVER!! (pardon the caps lock but it is deserving of it) *geeking out* ^_^
I may go as lili from psychonauts one day since my Lili costume for PAX is near completion ^_^

Zombie Jill
08-26-2008, 02:04 PM
._.
naruofan195, I knows you.
*pokes*

Added Jessie (zombie-style) from Dead Rising, and Rebecca from Resident Evil to my list.
D: No animes... D: Lameness.

SaintSavage
09-02-2008, 02:21 AM
Matt from Death Note - Definite
Kiba from Naruto - perhaps if I have time/money XD

Nani Mizu
09-03-2008, 04:50 PM
I haven't even thought about it, but even so, my plans change constantly. ;D

I'd imagine Ulquiorra and the rest of my Bleach group will be taking the trip. ^^ We keep expanding so I'd imagine Ulquiorra's coming back in 09 for more group shots. ^^
Soul Eater. Definately.
I don't even know which Soul Eater costumes, but there will be Soul Eater.

Oh yes. 8)

Club Owner Dice
09-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Hello Cosplay.com's Sakura Con peoples ^.^
Mississippi is my state of residency but I fully attend for the first time to be present at SakuraCon during its 2009 year. Due to the great distance I will have to travel via plane, I will not be bringing/making any costume wear that looks best with a prop.

As a result, I will be making three brand new costumes specifically for this convention:

Amon from Witch Hunter Robin.
Kid-Chrono from Chrono Crusade
Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke

Hope to see all you guys there!

Chibi_Midna
09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
erm i think so far my list for sakura con 09 is:
Catherine-Gundam wing
Raseleane-Dragon Knights
Zelda-Super Smash Bros/ Legend of Zelda
Honlon-Pet shop of horrors
Princess Mercury-Sailor moon
...and Kaguya -Code geass if..mina can make her season 1 outfit for me
and we were gunna do tsubasa but might not this con due to super smash bros..
im excited XD XD XD

dajudge5694
09-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Believe I'm going as
Tonberry - Final Fantasy VII
Zangoose - Pokemon
Ichigo (visard) - Bleach *if i can afford it

Trumby
09-06-2008, 12:26 AM
This is pretty up in the air right now but...

Planned for sometime in '09:
Arpegius (Interstella 5555)
Lord Dio or Claus Valca (Last Exile)
Snowtrooper (almost done.. <.<)

Stuff that is done:

Greed
Pirate
Kurosaki Isshin
Chloe

I may end up not wearing any of my old stuff at Sakura-con this year if I have all three of those planned ones done by then.

CatInTheHat
09-20-2008, 05:15 PM
I'll be Aqua from birth by sleep and my little brother is going to be little Sora, like when he was young. So, if there are any Ven or Terra's out there, respond and we can get together or something. :toothy:

Love,

CatInTheHat

halo11701
09-20-2008, 07:36 PM
I plan to go as: a State alchemist (from FMA), Kakuzu (Naruto shippuden), and maybe Master Chief (Halo 3).

vivkura
09-22-2008, 02:09 AM
AWW! I have come to this thread with very depressing news. I... am not going to Sakuracon....

as Zelda. And my friend isn't cosplaying as Link. The good news is that we will be there. I will hopefully be cosplaying as a Silent Hill Nurse. And my friend wants to do a Naruto cosplay. But eather way, we'll be there!

Queien
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I dont know (you could start a thread about one tho.. ^_^ *hugs* i miss you) and costume update::
persona 3 :: mitsuru (woot)
kingdom hearts :: spoon axel or sora or riku
(working on) :: lili (psychonauts)

Persona 3, huh? :3 A friend of mine is trying to put together a Persona 3 group for Sakuracon. She's going as the main hero and she's almost got me convinced to join her as Akihiko (not sure if I have room for it, but I must admit that I like the costume).

The only real plan I have for Sakuracon, though, is Soubi from Loveless. One of my friends has managed to get pretty much the entire cast together, so it'll be epic.

I'll also be Muraki from Yami no Matsuei for an undetermined amount of time. I've been invited to act in a YnM skit, but I'm not sure if I'll also wear it the rest of the day or not.

Other possibilities include Hakkai from Saiyuki, the Count from YnM (not a big personality change from Muraki, honestly... >.>), Tsuzuki from YnM, K from Gravitation, Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena, Kantarou from Tactics, or, well... Idk... I keep coming up with characters that would be fun.

Alchemist001
09-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Kaim Argonar - Lost Odyssey

happagal
09-25-2008, 02:56 PM
I think I'll go as Fuu from Samurai Champloo. I went last year has just some student and my boyfriend was a storm trooper. This time i want to make my costume and I hope my boyfriend will be Jin. I'll make both our costumes. Hes not into cosplay like me but does it anyway.

MisterGev
10-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm for sure going as...

-Ben Tennyson from Ben 10
-Cosmo from Fairly OddParents
-Sasori from NARUTO

but I also might be coming as Timmy Turner, also from Fairly OddParents. :toothy:

missfangirl
10-03-2008, 09:00 AM
So doing a

Lolita Sakura Haruno
Team Magma Girl
and Original Pokemon Trainer Girl

^^

myalchod
10-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Right now, the plan is ...
- Unohana from Bleach
- Miranda (pre-exorcist) from D.Gray-man
- Risai (formals and Tasogare no Kishi cover) from Juuni Kokki

I might have my Trinity Blood cosplay (Kaya Syokka/Gypsy Queen) done by then, but I'm not sure I want to wrangle the transportation for it with everything else I need to worry about. And possibly other things, depending on what happens between now and then -- there's always that last-minute idea that eats your brain. But those three are definites.

yabukasigi
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
kippei - aishiterazue baby
Grimmjow- bleach

Kajiita
10-12-2008, 06:47 PM
So far:

Matsumoto from Bleach
Hyakurin from Blade of the Immortal (if I can get it done in time)
Misao from Rurouni Kenshin so my friend will not be alone in his Hanya costume. :D

AndyFairy
10-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm thinking of going with a bunch of friends ,
for my first SC 2009 , I was thinking Ulquiorra from bleach or Orihime Inoue (hueco mundo)Yup
I'll hope i'll finish with it by then XD

CianFionn
10-26-2008, 01:46 AM
first cosplay ever, though it'll be my second sakura con. i'm going as Xion from Kingdom Hearts. ^_^

:EDIT: i'm also going as an original Mad Hatter. it's gonna be fun. haha

Dubaby
11-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Marie Mjolnir and Medusa from Soul Eater are a definate....

And I'm toying with the idea of a Bulma cosplay from DBZ =]

The_Bunkey
11-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Wooooot! I gotsa long list!
Mariemeita - Gundam Wing (Oz uniform)
Falco - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Chibi Usa - Manga Princesses
Chris Orcot - Petshop of Horrors
Rukia - Bleach (Shinigami uniform)
Baiken - Guilty Gear.

And I've talked my boyfriend into cosplaying. He picked the characters himself!!! XD He'll be:
Link - SSBB/Twilight Princess
Ichigo - Bleach (either regular or Bankai)
Anji Mito - Guilty Gear.

I better get crack-a-lackin on makin costumes....O.o

Juubei-saizon
11-05-2008, 02:31 AM
ANBU kakashi-Naruto

Lavi-D'gray man(maybe)

This will be my second con and my first cosplay, so i'm looking for people whowant to meet up and possibly hang out. PM me if your interested ^^

yuki_ikiyama102
11-08-2008, 03:01 AM
Im going as Beat from The World Ends With You(fave player XP),um...Roxel -Kingdom Hearts-ish,and Rinoa Dion Rogers Version;she was supposed to be in Kingdom Hearts,but Rikku replaced her

Netsuma
11-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Vocaloid Len(Red version of Len)
Mokona(white)
One of the Scarlet sisters from Touhou(I haven't decided who yet).

kouchkitten
11-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Sorcerer Hunters-Chocolate Misu (have)

Vampire knight-Cross Yuuki (working on buying)

gothic lolita cat girl (have half buying rest this month)

back up might buy a evg cosplay as Asuka or rai

(don't have time to make my own customes)

halo11701
11-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Okay my list is updated, I will be going as Lieutenant Jean Havoc on Friday, then Kakuzu with a money case the rest of the weekend(With a special surprise up my sleeve:toothy:).

Gizka
11-16-2008, 03:22 AM
This will be my third year going, and I got a few costumes, well two really, just finishing up last years costume and then making a few small adjustments to make it a costume for another person.

Anyway. I'll be going as:
Matrim Cauthon and Perrin Aybara from The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

And hopefully I'm getting my girlfriend to come too as Zarine 'Faile' Bashere from The Wheel of Time series. Don't know if she will but hopefully it will happen.

Juubei-saizon
11-17-2008, 04:45 AM
Sorcerer Hunters-Chocolate Misu (have)

Vampire knight-Cross Yuuki (working on buying)

gothic lolita cat girl (have half buying rest this month)

back up might buy a evg cosplay as Asuka or rai

(don't have time to make my own customes)

I may be going as Kaname Kuran..so we may have to get together :toothy:

anemotaxis
11-23-2008, 03:59 AM
I may be going as Kaname Kuran..so we may have to get together :toothy:

I am going as Zero Kiryu! Can I also join you?
Actually I will be officially moving down to Redmond next April from Canada (just in time for Sakura-con), and I know no one there... T_T

Juubei-saizon
11-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Actually I will be officially moving down to Redmond next April from Canada (just in time for Sakura-con), and I know no one there... T_T

that would be awesome!! though it is only a maybe at this moment cause I like to put things off until it is too late...lol...but I am definately going to try and I would love to hang out with you^^

anemotaxis
11-24-2008, 08:39 PM
that would be awesome!! though it is only a maybe at this moment cause I like to put things off until it is too late...lol...but I am definately going to try and I would love to hang out with you^^

removed

Minkao
11-30-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't remember whether I've posted in her or not, but here's the for sure list:

Elizabeth - Persona 3
Mist - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Maybe:
Anise Tatlin - Tales of the Abyss
Faith - Mirror's Edge

Mizuki-hime
12-03-2008, 03:58 AM
Ah! I got requested to do these cosplays (which I shall do):

Kurosaki Ichigo (Bleach) (My friend is gonna be Hollow Ichigo. We're roughly about the same size: 5 feet lol!)
Inuzuka Kiba (Naruto) (Requested by same friend^ Ill be an altered form of Kiba ;) )

And these are cosplays I'm choosing to do:

Tamamura Tamao (Shaman King)
Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service) (Might drop this cosplay)
Imp Midna (LoZ:TP)

Whew! Waaaay different cosplays than last year! I was L with angel wings ("Chibi Angel L" as many people randomly called me) and Mokuba (YGO) last year lol

Fashwiing
12-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Right now, I have a list. It's not a very big list, as I'll most likely only be able to attend two days of three, but it's a list.

Deke, Bookman Jr's 48th name/alias/log from D.Gray-Man (I might overheat, but I have Nisha to revive me/get stabbity pictures with) and Valclav Havel from the Trinity Blood artbook. Hopefully they'll both get done by con.

Well Deke's basically done, I just need to make a bag to go with the costume so I can carry my American History textbook, a borrowed European History textbook and all my AP Euro notes around with me as props.

Lindsey
12-04-2008, 12:12 AM

LOL i plan on going as vampire yuuki. I will join you guys if thats okay?

anemotaxis
12-06-2008, 11:47 PM
LOL i plan on going as vampire yuuki. I will join you guys if thats okay?

of course! feel free to add me to ur msn

Queien
12-07-2008, 03:01 AM
Still deciding on costumes, but we'll have both a big Loveless and Yami no Matsuei group, so anyone cosplaying those is free to PM me. ^^

My lineup's looking like this, though:
Thursday: K (Gravitation)
Friday: Hakkai (Saiyuki) or Muraki (Yami no Matsuei) or Akihiko (Persona 3)
Saturday: Hakkai or Muraki
Sunday: Soubi (Loveless)

i3eef
12-07-2008, 06:53 PM
I've been very indecisive on what to be this year. If you guys have any idea, or need an extra cosplayer in group send me a PM!
<3

missfangirl
12-09-2008, 01:19 AM
Me and a group are doing Guilty Gear \m/>.<\m/

Kayu-sama
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Rabi~en~Rose (Di Gi Charat) and maybe something else, undecided what...

Eurobeat King
12-10-2008, 09:27 PM
I might try and get a Dead or Alive gathering going at S-con 2009, since i've yet to wear my white & purple Jann Lee to S-con. But we'll see. :)

Michi
12-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Likely something J-pop, something video game... I think I'll have a couple of new ones for this if all goes well.

LadyVincira
12-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Bubble-Head Nurse and Humanoid!GlaDOS I will be bringing back, both revamped and made more awesome. <3

New costumes will be L/BB from Death Note on Thursday (possibly just BB, given how many Ls there usually are, I'll think on it....) and all day Saturday, I'm gonna be Crona from Soul Eater (see avvy) with a huge Ragnarok puppet strapped to my back. ^^

catty01cool
12-18-2008, 07:54 PM
I'll be going as Katara and spirit-Yue, both from Avatar.

i'm dressing up as katara in her firenation disguise and my friend will be dressing up as toph in her disguise as well. we also have another friend coming with us who will be sokka :D
all of us avatar cosplayers need to take tons of group pics this year!!!:crylaugh:

PrincessLulu
12-19-2008, 08:24 PM
I CAN FINALLY POST HERE ^^

i finally was able to sit down over thanksgiving break and make my "official" line-up of Sakura con 2009 costumes~

--in no particualr order
*Ken Joshima~ KHR (Pre-reg day only)
*Super Sailor Saturn~ S Sailor Moon
*Princess Jupiter~ Sailor Royal Court (For masqurade only)
*David/Debitto~ D Grey Man
*Hiyori Sarugaki~ Bleach
*Hastuharu~ Fruit Baskets (PS ONLY)
**SUPER SEKRET COSPLAY!

I think i got em all :3

lja136
12-20-2008, 12:24 PM
PrincessLulu - Aww, no Sokka? I love to see Avatar cosplays at Sakura-Con. My two cosplays this year are both from Avatar. This past S-Con had a serious lack of Sokkas - there were none. Two Aangs, four Kataras (including me), three Tophs, but no Sokka. That needs to change this year.

doryishness
12-27-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm going to do Nanao Ise from Bleach and Botan from YuYuHaksuhu. This is my first time cosplaying, so I'm pretty excited! ^^

PrincessLulu
12-28-2008, 12:52 AM
PrincessLulu - Aww, no Sokka? I love to see Avatar cosplays at Sakura-Con. My two cosplays this year are both from Avatar. This past S-Con had a serious lack of Sokkas - there were none. Two Aangs, four Kataras (including me), three Tophs, but no Sokka. That needs to change this year.

didnt you read the last one on my post-- i said i had a SUPER SEKRET cosplay~ ^^ it MAY be sokka and it may not *rubs hands michviously*

xo_aria
12-28-2008, 02:27 AM
Definitly Sora from KHII and Death the Kid from Soul Eater. :]
I'm playing with the idea that I can get Byakko from Yami no Matsuei done before then as well~.

lja136
12-29-2008, 04:46 PM
didnt you read the last one on my post-- i said i had a SUPER SEKRET cosplay~ ^^ it MAY be sokka and it may not *rubs hands michviously*

Oh, I hope it is! I would love to see. ^^

MichikoTerra
01-02-2009, 05:36 AM
I think this is my 6th Sakura con. I am planning three cosplays, but one is undecided, And only 4 months to sew DX Noooooes!
-Princess Zelda (Wind Waker) We have a huge group!!!:D
-C.C. (Code Geass) The white jump suit from season one. It's not for sure though.
-Undecided!

Luna Diviner
01-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm going as Aqua from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. First con, so this should be pretty exciting!

Em0Potat0
01-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Rukia-Bleach.
Any other Bleach cosplayers going... or school rumble?
My friend is going as Tenma xD

Queien
01-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Definitly Sora from KHII and Death the Kid from Soul Eater. :]
I'm playing with the idea that I can get Byakko from Yami no Matsuei done before then as well~.

Yay! Byakko! <3

Deluxe
01-04-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm going as Taka!Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto, P=

My friend is going as Sasori ((Also Naruto, for those who don't know.)) and my other friend is going as Axel ((Kingdom Hearts)).

KShinju88
01-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Hm....my 2009 cosplays......well, I've gone to SakuraCon a lot, and there's one character I cosplay at least ONCE during the entire convention-- that would be Tsuzuki, from Yami no Matsuei. It's closet cosplay, but he's just so fun to be! :D I've got a few friends who will be other characters from the same series. <3 <3

I'll also be Kaito from Vocaloid, and possibly Emi from Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA......if I can pull together her whole outfit in time. XD;

Natchan
01-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Sir Integra- Hellsing (2 versions)
Lacus Clyne - Gundam SEED
Lavi - D.Gray-man
possibly ANBU

Ashleythedragon
01-11-2009, 11:12 AM
I know I've allready posted, but here is my full costume List:

Suzume/Suzy from Gash/Zatch Bell, for myself.
Gash/Zatch from y'know, for my sister (Which I'll do most of the sewing for her.).

And with my boyfriend going as Kiyomaro (aka Kiyo) we have a set of Gash Bell cosplayers for the con. A rare sight if I do say so myself.

narutofan195
01-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I will definitely be doing Persona 3. But I don't know if I will be doing either, Mitsuru, Artemisia, or penthesilea. XD I am very excited to go this year! I also may be lily from psychonauts for a day, but that is very iffy.

LadyVincira
01-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I've changed my Thursday L cosplay for...a Beyond Birthday cosplay.

XD Those familiar with the character know why this is funny/not that big a deal, but for those who aren't, look for someone who looks like they might be cosplaying L, but...may or may not have more dangerous tendencies (and a few blood stains). XDDDD

the_z
01-17-2009, 04:19 PM
http://vampirehunters.deviantart.com/art/OMG-Futurama-61285584#
any any one whant to try i be the Zoidberg email me

Anjeru-Chan
01-18-2009, 02:35 PM
My list is pending at the moment. This is my 4th year attending Sakura-Con, and I've only ever done L as a cosplay. I did an original ninja, but that doesn't really count because it wasn't from anything. Lol.

Most likely:
Lucy - Elfen Lied (http://distudios.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/lucy_2.jpg)
Rena - Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10051910.jpg)

Might Make(if I have time):
Miku - Vocaloid (http://www.nekomagic.com/figure_news/200809/gsc_miku05.jpg)

And I want to do a Ragnarok Online cosplay. I'm currently torn between 3 job classes, which are:
Soul Linker
Mechanic
Ranger

So...yeah. Rena and Lucy are for sure, the other are pending XD

Erudito
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
A little early to say for sure, but here are my current ideas/plans

Aoki - X/1999
Watanuki - xxxholic
Icchan - Angelic Layer
Reno - FF7
Aion - Chrno Crusade (if I get it done)
Giovanni - Pokemon FireRed
Keitaro - Love Hina
Gumshoe - PW:AA
Mr. Chang - Black Lagoon
Shiki Tohno - Tsukihime/Melty Blood
Rouvel - claymore (if I get it done)

Secret - Baccano
Secret - Castlevania

The joy of January is that I can be undecided until April.

Genesis
01-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Heyo~

I know for sure that I'll be doing the female versions of Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club and Gokudera from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

However, I'm playing around with the idea of doing regular male Gokudera from Katekyo Hitman Reborn! and/or the angel form of Flonne from Disgaea. :]

acegirl195
01-25-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm going with my group and we're having a DGM cosplay Friday and 2 of us are DGM Saturday too while me and another friend are being Kuroshitsuji and then Sunday Hitman Reborn!

Friday (DGM):
3rd Version Linali (Me)
The Twins (Jasdero & Devitto)
Rhode

Saturday:
Ciel Phantomhive -Dress version- (Me)
Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)
3rd version Lavi (D.Gray-Man)
3rd version Allen (D.Gray-Man)

Sunday (Reborn!):
Chrome -White dress version- (Me)
TYL!Mukuro Rokudo
Hibari

And that's our little group ^0^

Travel-Valenti
01-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Copy and pasted from my stickies, tentative listing for Sakura Con:

Chane LaForet - Baccano
Karen Kasumi - X/1999
Misato Katsuragi - Evangelion

And maybe some Broadway related cosplay in between.

Maybe's (if I can get them done)
Gijinka Persian - Pokemon
Esme Cullen - Twilight

LadyVincira
01-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Ooh, Black Butler cosplayers! <3333 Next year I might be doing Grell...I don't have time this year. XD'

Still on target with my list - trying to update my GlaDOS cosplay, though. ^^'

Barunesusa
01-26-2009, 02:01 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll be going as Ema Skye and Trucy Wright from Apollo Justice. I think my brother will be going as Apollo.

However, my normal con-buddy is going to FREAKING VENICE without me, so I have nobody other than my brother this year ._.

anaitaT
01-26-2009, 10:59 AM
My list as of right now issss:

Yoko- Gurren Lagann (young vers)
Yoko- Gurren Lagann (Guren Gakuenhen vers)
GoGo- Kill Bill Vol. 1
Konata- Lucky Star
Michiko- Michiko to Hatchin
Erica- Beatmania IIDX
Sailor Mars- Sailor Moon

thankfully only three of those are new costumes, and I only have to make 1 and a half of em,

JackShadow
02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
first say me and my friends are doing a disney day so i am going to be pocahontas

second day we are all doing a kiki's delivery service day and i am jiji

third day i am doing my ZomCon zombie costume from the movie " fido"

this is gonna be my first sakura con so im excited

Chelseahavoc
02-11-2009, 10:52 AM
i'm definatly taking: ffx rikku and rei hino winter school uniform (sailor moon)

i MIGHT take: calcifer (howls moving castle) and, if car size permits, blue rhapsody (kingdomhearts)

i forgot to add my own form of namine... thats if group a\can actualy make it x.x;;;

+.-.uzuki.-.+
03-01-2009, 05:31 AM
im not sure if i can go this year, but i am thinking of:
sheryl nome - macross F
mizune - soul eater
chidori - persona 3
marie antoinette - rose of versailles

any meet ups? X3

Kazekage-Temari
03-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I'll be there!!!

friday: Light Yagami
saturday: Temari (Shippuden version)
sunday: Hidan

I'm bringing a Deidara with me who'll also cosplay Winry, and possibly a Tobi and Haku.

YaoiTrioGo
03-01-2009, 10:10 PM
in order of us in the cosplay group and day would be...

kitsune:
friday-mew mew lettuce (tokyo mew mew)
saturday-L (death note)
sunday-gothic lolita

usagi:
friday-mew mew mint (tokyo mew mew)
saturday-Light (death note)
sunday-catgirl maid

hachi:
friday-navi (legend of zelda)
saturday- misa misa (death note)
sunday- cooking mama MAYBE

yessss it shall be awesome!

Chibi_Midna
03-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Hahaha my cosplay plans keep changing but hopefully this time they are set
though i dont know what days im doing which cosplay ^^;

Seychelles- Axis power Hetalia
Tomoyo-Hime - Tsubasa
Princess Mercury- Sailormoon
Catherine Bloom -Gundam Wing
Elizabeth Middleford- Kuroshitsuji
maybe:
Kotori Mono- x/1999

kelsey uchiha
03-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Rozen Maiden-Shinku~

Sugar Sugar Rune-Chocolat~

Naruto-Sasuke/Sakura~

Ouran:Hunny~

NOTE:I am a unreliable source.

mastershambler
03-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Ninten-MOTHER/Earthbound Zero
Jeff Andonuts-Earthbound/MOTHER 2
Fassad/Yokuba-MOTHER 3

YaoiTrioGo
03-05-2009, 10:33 PM
me and my friends are doing various cosplay like tokyo mew mew, death note, and generic things like maids and lolitas. but if anyone wants to hang out with us you can contact me at

XkoyzumixmikuruX@aim.com

usagishindou@hotmail.com

julevu_666@yahoo.com :toothy:

Right now, my list includes Mello from Death Note, Dietrich von Lohengrin and Ion Fortuna from Trinity Blood, Quatre Winner from Gundam Wing, Yukito Tsukishiro from Tsubasa, and Sailor Star Healer from Sailor Moon Stars. I'm hoping it doesn't change any more before the con, but... it probably will.

you should hang out with us! we are doing so far misa, light, and L! :toothy:

Shinyonn
03-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Going as Saya O. from Blood+
C:

Ginpatsu
03-07-2009, 09:14 PM
My costumes should be more or less finalized by now. They're in my sig.

I'm always happy to meet up with people, especially when cosplaying from the same series. Naruto is a given and definitely looking for anyone from Saiyuki but mainly looking for a Hakkai and a Goku since my buddy is being Sanzo and the Sanzo-ikkou isn't really the Sanzo-ikkou without half the gang. And this'll be my first time as Jade. PM me if anyone's interested.

Hedgehog661
03-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Im going as Axel for sure and possibly adult lambo from reborn one day ^^

Inuki1
03-10-2009, 08:11 AM
FRI _ ??? (Not sure -_- Suggestions anyone?)

SAT _ Two Face - Batman
(& My friend will be wearing my Scarecrow cosplay from a previous con)

SUN _ Rail Tracer | Claire Stanfield | Vino - Baccano
(& My friend will probably go as Czeslaw Meyer from Baccano)

protochris
03-12-2009, 03:02 PM
The guy on the right:

http://www.ffaudio.com/pics/megaproto.JPG

Chelseahavoc
03-13-2009, 12:39 AM
looks pretty cool, protochris o.o

mastershambler
03-13-2009, 01:51 AM
The guy on the right:

http://www.ffaudio.com/pics/megaproto.JPG

Awesome man, love seein Megaman cosplay.

protochris
03-13-2009, 02:14 AM
Thanks to both of you. Gotta love a western flair in anything.

_Kumi-chan_
03-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Big new cosplays this year are:
- Mouri Ran from Detective Conan, along with the rest of my group (definitely Shinichi, Kazuha, Heiji, Kogoro, and Megure, possibly a few others; Conan can't come to the con, unfortunately)
- Kanzaki Hitomi from Escaflowne, with a Van and Allen

Returning /worn before (not necessarily @SC):
- Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke
- Juliet!Akane from Ranma 1/2
- Mommy!Akane from Ranma 1/2 (fan version)

Possible:
- Girl-type Ranma from Ranma 1/2 (new wig)
- Young Chichi from Dragonball (purchased, might wear Thursday)

Juubei-saizon
03-16-2009, 05:25 AM
so far it's just ANBU kakashi and possibly Shirosaki Ichigo. still not all that sure. only if I can find some kind of makeup to use for him T.T. I might make a makeshift gokudera or try going as the ripper prince. if anyone wants to hang out you can message me here or at animefreedom1@hotmail.com.

coolpapa
03-16-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm nearly done putting together my first cosplay, Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop. My daughter is coming as Ed, so it the two will work well together. She was Ed last year. Can't say we saw many other people doing characters from Cowboy Bebop but we will be recognizable.

Ichigo=15
03-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Got three definites for this year:

Ichigo from Bleach (due to popular demand)

Mifune from Soul Eater

Tenten from Naruto Shippuuden

And two maybes:

Byakuya from Bleach

Shino from Naruto Shippuuden

averageasian17
03-17-2009, 01:25 AM
OMG :O
A group of cosplayers from Detective Conan!!!!! Freakin' awesome choice! Can't wait to see that at the Con.

>>>>Ill be going as Tobi btw, accompanied by my friends going as a guy from a Gundam show (he wants to keep it a surprise) and a Pokemon master.

_Kumi-chan_
03-17-2009, 02:27 AM
Heh, we're really excited about it too. At least me and Kazuha-chan are, and Shinichi is always glad to join me in group/pair cosplay. It's just too bad our Conan can't come to the con; he's really cute!
Look for us on Friday! And me and Shinichi'll be running around in our first episode outfits sometime during the weekend

lja136
03-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Along with me, I'm bringing a couple friends, possibly in cosplay. If I DO manage to convince them to cosplay, one will be Dollface from The Strangers and the other will be Ichigo (but, in black) from Tokyo Mew Mew.

averageasian17
03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Alright, I'll be on the lookout for the Detective Conan group for sure. Out of curiosity, who would've been Conan?

Juubei-saizon
03-17-2009, 09:00 PM
anyone wanna hang out at the con?

_Kumi-chan_
03-18-2009, 02:57 AM
@averageasian17: My boyfriend's (our Shinichi's) nephew. So they've already got the family resemblance going on. He's 7. And he plays soccer. ^^ Both of the boys love dressing up. His little brother (3) will be our Yaiba at the photoshoot we'll be doing later in the spring; they really like Star Wars, so he's very excited he gets a sword. He actually wanted it right away when I showed them pictures of the costumes!

There will definitely be Gosho-World photos in my galleries after our private shoot. It's just that their parents aren't going to the con and they'd rather the kids weren't there without them. (I don't blame them. Sakura Con's huge and very crowded.)

Juubei-saizon
03-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Kumi: thats why you get child leashes XD XD XD

Omi
03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm all late and stuff.

I'll be cosplaying as Sora (Kingdom Hearts) and Rosette Christopher (Chrno Crusade). Possibly as Roxas.

My boyfriend will be going as Riku (Kingdom Hearts) and Chrno (Chrno Crusade). Possibly as Axel with me.

My cosplay plans are all up in the air.

happagal
03-18-2009, 07:31 PM
I wish that i could find people to join to do cosplay with. My boyfriend said he may not go this yr. Its only my 2nd time going but I enjoyed last yr. If i do go by myself I still guess I'll be Fuu. I'll have to make my costume soon.

doryishness
03-19-2009, 12:55 AM
I think I'm one of the few YuYu Hakusho cosplayers. I'm gonna be Botan ^^

I was going to do Nanao Ise too, but I don't have time to make the outfit, not even during Spring Break.

Juubei-saizon
03-19-2009, 02:18 AM
I would do yusuke myself but no one would recognize him since he doesn't stand out much...lol

averageasian17
03-19-2009, 02:44 AM
@kumi-chan

Aww thats cute, would've been a neat idea with the nephew thing. Aw well, that place does get pretty jumbled up, I'd get lost too if I were that age (I was such a ditz back then XD)
Ok then, see you all there! Only 22 days left guys! Thats like 2 weeks :O

Erudito
03-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Big update now that it's March. This is still a working list, as it usual it will change based on what I can fit into the suit case.

Aoki - X/1999
Icchan - Angelic Layer
Giovanni - Pokemon FireRed
Keitaro - Love Hina
Shiki Tohno - Tsukihime/Melty Blood
Dallas - Baccano
Ofdensen - Metalacolypse

Michi
03-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Okay, it's mostly decided:

Haruka Amami from THE IDOLM@STER (Live for Venus outfit)
Hitomi Yoshizawa from Morning Musume (Osaka Koi no Uta outfit)

I really want to do a third new costume, but there might not be time or money. Maybe I can bring some other costume out of the depths. Maybe Yohko?

Raknorak
03-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Here's my list:

Kazu - Air Gear (Kogarasumaru jacket)
Pony Stalker - Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
Takeru 1st Transformation - This Ugly Yet Beautiful World.

Granted I can get the damn wig figured out for Takeru that is.

Juubei-saizon
03-25-2009, 02:25 AM
I can't wait to see you guys, we're gonna have so much fun!!!

`D4nq1tic
04-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Tama-chan from Bamboo Blade :3

hotarubi13
04-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Thursday- Belarus from Hetalia

Friday- Morning: School Kallen from Code Geass
Afternoon: cyber lolita
Masquerade: Konan from Naruto

Saturday- Morning: Mayura from Alice 19th
Noon: Princess Hotaru from Sailor Moon
Afternoon: Karin from Bleach
Rave/ Evening: Mello from Death Note

Sunday- Morning: Belarus again
Rest of the Day: Cheshire Hitachiin from Ouran Host Club

So many cosplays this year!! @_@ and I keep getting dragged into them.

narutofan195
04-03-2009, 05:58 PM
I am finally decided, and I am going to be penthesilia from persona 3 XD my friends and I are doing a little persona 3 group! i am currently working on my costume RIGHT NOW! XD it is going to be difficult to wear....but fun!!! I cannot wait!! one more week...o__o AcK ONE MORE WEEK!!! *slams on sewing machine* *sounds of chainsaws blast from the sewing room*
MUST....FINISH.....EARLY!!!!!

Luckily for me, i am only doing one...count em...ONE cosplay XD (but i am making 2 swords from poplar wood = 17 hours of sanding....seriously...i already did THAT MANY HOURS!!!! T_T)

AnimeGeek
04-05-2009, 12:38 AM
I've gots
Thursday: Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club
Friday: Nerd! Ritsuka Aoyagi from Loveless
Saturday: Haruhi again
Sunday: Shaymin Gijinka from Pokemon
Yups.

Vasyenka
04-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Mayura! I hope I can get a photo of that. ^^ I <3 Alice 19th.

My plans aren't set in stone just yet, but this is what I got so far - Confirmed cosplay:
Meowth (Pokemon gijinka - original boy type)
Fai (Tsubasa Chronicles - Piffle World)
Fai (Tsubasa Chronicles - original military design)
Tokage (Fairy Cube)

May possibly bring either or:
Shiki (Togainu no Chi)
Dante (Vampire Doll: Guilt-na-Zan)
Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)
Kenny (South Park)

Kahli
04-06-2009, 04:02 AM
Hiya! I just registered here. ^^

I'll be going to SakuraCon with my younger sister, and I'm cosplaying. ^^ First time really making a costume ( schoolgirl sooo doesn't count ). I have High Priestess, Stalker, and High Wizard from Ragnarok Online... I'm realllyyy not that great at sewing, but I'm pretty happy with how they've come out. I still have a bit to finish actually... D: ( I know, I know, cutting it short >< ).

Anyway, I'd be happy to meet any of you! I'm a short little girly with dark brown-red hair, blue eyes. I'll be there likely most of the day/night Friday - Sunday. <3

Juubei-saizon
04-06-2009, 04:24 AM
your more than welcome to hang out with me and the rest of my group i'm meeting from cosplay.com XD

Hime
04-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Friday - Kuonji Ukyo from Ranma 1/2
Saturday - Mashiro-fukutaichou from Bleach
Sunday - ???

protochris
04-06-2009, 02:08 PM
My friend and I will be western Megaman and Protoman all weekend.

Elgaladwen
04-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey there! I'll cosplaying mainly as Pris from Blade Runner, but also as Jessie from Pokemon with my costume from last year. 3 days away now!

mastershambler
04-07-2009, 08:56 PM
My friend and I will be western Megaman and Protoman all weekend.

Hey there! I'll cosplaying mainly as Pris from Blade Runner, but also as Jessie from Pokemon with my costume from last year. 3 days away now!

I can't wait to take your pictures!

Elgaladwen
04-07-2009, 11:29 PM

Thanks! I am glad someone wants to see my costumes. :)
I have never played any of the Mother games, so I don't know the characters, but my boyfriend really likes those games, so I know he's looking forward to seeing your costumes. (And maybe I can learn to tell who the characters are!) ;)

mastershambler
04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks! I am glad someone wants to see my costumes. :)
I have never played any of the Mother games, so I don't know the characters, but my boyfriend really likes those games, so I know he's looking forward to seeing your costumes. (And maybe I can learn to tell who the characters are!) ;)

Awesome! That makes me really happy to hear :) I have always been a huge fan of all the Nintendo anime, especially Pokemon! I have much appreciation for a Jesse cosplay!

protochris
04-09-2009, 01:08 AM

It's the first time cosplaying for both of us, but I'm wearing chaps, people. CHAPS!