PDA

View Full Version : What's it like??

petitemusu
07-02-2003, 02:04 PM
Having to miss AX this year my Mom said there is a good possibility that I can go to AM, but it'll be my first year there and I was wondering what's it like? I'm used to big cons and events so I was just curious ^_^ The area looks beautiful and everyone talks about how fun it is so I'm looking for opinions. Thanks!!

~Yumi Aiko

Aya Mizu
07-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Extremely relaxed and everyone's there just to have a good time :) It really is the cosplayers' con so I highly recommend it. And so affordable too! The hotel rooms never exceed $100 (I can't remember what it is this year), making it just so much more affordable than other cons.

petitemusu
07-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Thank you, Aya :) I've noticed a lot of people have said how much they love this con because of the relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I'm really looking forward to it now ^__^

~Yumi Aiko

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Everbody thinks this con is better than AX. I haven't been to it, but just by looking at the hotel rates and the amount of people attending... it looks very nice. ^_^ 75 bucks for 2 people single. That's so nice....

Aya Mizu
07-07-2003, 03:12 PM
Yeah! And it's REALLY hard to miss people because there's only one general area in the center of the hotel so it's cool to catch up with friends as well as make new ones :)

petitemusu
07-07-2003, 03:32 PM
This makes me really excited :D I hope I can go *crosses fingers* And I'll be making all new friends because most of mine won't be attending. Anyone wanna be my friend? *laugh*

~Yumi Aiko

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Can't wait!! Can't wait! *bounces around*

*hugs Petite* I'll be your friend! lol! I'll be alone too, except for my mom who has already settled on staying in the room living off of room service for those days.. loL!

maikaeirn
07-07-2003, 06:49 PM
I've heard so many good things about this con. This year will be my first time too. I'm so excited about going! ^^

Michi
07-07-2003, 07:55 PM
It's like, the opposite of AX but with most of the same people.. only a very small percentage of them. o_o It's a cosplaying party, really, even if you don't cosplay.. o.o

Ina
07-07-2003, 09:27 PM
*hugs Petite* I'll be your friend! lol! I'll be alone too, except for my mom who has already settled on staying in the room living off of room service for those days.. loL!

wheee! i'll be your friend too XD haha, i'll be alone too, we should all hang out togther XD

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Chances are we will meet... from the way it sounds... lol, it'll be hard to miss each other. lol!

Look for Lum... hopefully.. if I have the guts to wear it. ^_^ I'm a tad shy, but I really want to wear it.

Do they have a dealers room their too? And panels and such? I mean, I know they do, but compared to AX how big are they and how famous are the guests?

Ina
07-07-2003, 09:38 PM
from last years pictures, the dealers room is REALLY small compared to AX, i mean its so small you can't even compare, but how should i know, i didn't go ^^;;;

yay, lets be dorks XD and you should wear your lum costume, now thats what i call bravery O_O

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 09:45 PM
I know. I'm a bit fearful about it. But I really want to... grr.. maybe I'll make the bottoms more than just bikini bottoms. Maybe like short shorts or something like that. Dunno... ^^;;

Kira_Yamato
07-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by RoseDuelist

Look for Lum... hopefully.. if I have the guts to wear it. ^_^ I'm a tad shy, but I really want to wear it.

Do it!!!!

AM Chair
07-08-2003, 08:09 AM
Hi All,

We try to pack all the stuff you'd expect to find at a con into a wonderful little place we call the AVI. We have lots of VA guests, invited or otherwise, and our first Japanese guest, Yasuhiro Imagawa, will make all the Giant Robo fans happy.

Rose Duelist: Go for the Lum! We've had skimpier outfits in AMs past, like Dirty Pair, and Kitty's stunner from last year, and no fan boys bothered them.

And for the first time, we've got a Japanese style autumn festival for you to enjoy. So get a Yukata and join in the fun!

Our dealer hall is smaller than AX, as is everything else, but we have lots of good dealers signed on.

One more thing, if you're coming, don't forget to pre-reg for $35.00, which lasts until July 15th!

Revell

petitemusu
07-08-2003, 10:17 AM
RoseDuelist - Yeah! I'll be your friend too :) You, Ina, and I definitely need to hang out. I'll probably have my Popstar Rikku done by then. And if you want to do Lum this is probably the perfect con for that. With the smaller size of it there's usually less "problems" and you can feel more comfortable knowing that 15,000 people are not there ^_^

Ina - What are you wearing? It's going to be fun meeting new people!

Revell - An Autumn Festival?? So Cool! The Japanese Garden really attracted me to this con and a Matsuri on top of it would be so great :) And small is okay. I'm just looking for a chance to meet people, wear my costumes, and have a fun time!

~Yumi Aiko

Mandy Mitchell
07-08-2003, 11:29 AM
AX2003 will be my third year at Ani-Magic. Why do I keep returning to Ani-Magic? Because of all the cons I go to, Ani-Magic is the one con that turns out to be the most fun! I like the way how AM has a small and intimate setting so you really get a chance to know everyone. Plus you don't have to put up with the con rush because AM has a very relaxed setting.

Rey-Rey
07-08-2003, 01:15 PM
You should go. I hear some REALLY studly, handsome guy is hosting the Masquerade. =O

Woof. >=D Hot Rey-Rey Summer. >=D

Kensuke
07-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Revell might not approve of this term, but AM is a cosplay orgasm, which is all the more reason why everybody on this site should come. I'm also working out some neat stuff with Kyle (Admin) and our Masq Coordinators I can't talk about yet....

RoseDuelist: Our guests are mostly US talent who want to chill and hang out with the US fanbase. It's sorta a vacation for them. We are however hosting Mr. Imagawa, the creator of Giant Robo and G-Gundam who is flying in from Japan. Fanime was actually jealous when they saw my flyers at AX. "^_^" We may also have a cosplay guest in the works.

Ina: The Dealer's Room is small because the con is small. We had approximately 700 people last year, and I'm hoping that we break a grand this year.

Ina
07-08-2003, 10:15 PM
RoseDuelist - Yeah! I'll be your friend too You, Ina, and I definitely need to hang out. I'll probably have my Popstar Rikku done by then. And if you want to do Lum this is probably the perfect con for that. With the smaller size of it there's usually less "problems" and you can feel more comfortable knowing that 15,000 people are not there ^_^

Ina - What are you wearing? It's going to be fun meeting new people!

yay, i won't be so lonesome, haha, it'll be fun to hang out with you two XD

i'll be wearing my kana (egl-ish, v-k-ish, j-rock-ish XD~) costume, but that's still yet to be started, i'll be buying all the materials tomorrow, i REALLY hope it turns out fine so i don't have to make ANOTHER costume ;_; so stressfull, but i'm putting alot of time and effort (not to mention money) to this costume compared to my others. so yeah, i really hope it turns out fine.

Kensuke
07-09-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Rey-Rey
You should go. I hear some REALLY studly, handsome guy is hosting the Masquerade. =O

Yeah sure Rey-Rey....whatever you say.

Just remember at the end of the day who has the all female "bridge crew"* :devil:

- John

* I wish. Raider3 doesn't float my boat, and Candice would probably kick me in the nuts if I made a pass at her. Apparently when I did the hiring I had this really dumbassed idea of looking at their qualifications before considering my prospects of hooking up with them.

Note to self: Fire both of them. Replace with hot female bridge crew.

AM Chair
07-09-2003, 02:13 AM

Yeah, We have THE Filipino Scott McNeil!!!

Revell

Kira_Yamato
07-09-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Kensuke
Yeah sure Rey-Rey....whatever you say.

Just remember at the end of the day who has the all female "bridge crew"* :devil:

Huh? Like the Bridge Bunnies from macross? I'm so there!

AM Chair
07-09-2003, 02:40 AM
Don't get too excited...they'll be working

Kensuke
07-09-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by AM Chair
Don't get too excited...they'll be working

Yeah yeah.....leave it to Revell to crack the whip. :P

- John

RoseDuelist
07-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Wow.... the staff is alreadys friendly and I haven't even got to the con. No offense to AX, but having them join your thread on that board is like, rare. And them talking to you.... super rare.. *ahem*

*thinks* Gee, that sounds like I'm sucking up.. lol!*

petitemusu
07-09-2003, 01:07 PM
I know! The fact that they're actually acting like "people" is really cool. And it seems neat that you're not running around in a rush because you're worried about missing something ^_^ Talking to people will be a nice change of pace for a con :D

~Yumi Aiko

Aya Mizu
07-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Frankly, there really isn't too much space to run around in as it is XD Heehee!

RoseDuelist
07-09-2003, 01:23 PM
lol!

Well, anyway, hows the cosplaying there? Are people pretty much casual cosplay? Or are there really elaborate costumes? Just want to know how much I'll stick out..

Aya Mizu
07-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Hmm. I'd say it's a health mix of both so you won't be overwhelmed.

RoseDuelist
07-09-2003, 01:46 PM
Coolies. ^_^ I just don't want to stand out if everybody else is in street clothes, and I don't want to leave my good costumes at home and miss out on good cosplay. so yay! :)

Psychotic Jei
07-09-2003, 03:49 PM
I love Ani-Magic. It's like the only con that I dont come home stressed and wondering why I went. And the gatherings dont last ten minutes....so when yoiu're running late you dont miss them. I'm so psyched about this year too.

RoseDuelist
07-09-2003, 04:47 PM
lol, well, I meant that I didn't want to stand out if everybody else is IN street clothes.. because my costume is flashy. But if it's a nice mix, it's cool...

Aya Mizu
07-09-2003, 04:56 PM
OH! LOL Sorry, totally missed that one but yeah. If you're flashy or not, you'll still be fine. Last year I was hella sparkly on Friday night and obnoxiously bright on Saturday so whatever floats your boat XD

AM Chair
07-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Hey Rose,

Picture this: You in your Lum costume posing in the Japanese Garden! A lot of great cosplay pics taken there!

Rey-Rey
07-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Yes. I stand out. My costume is so awesome. >=D

Kensuke
07-10-2003, 12:49 AM
Yes. I stand out. My costume is so awesome. >=D

Yeah Rey Rey, your Random Filipino Dood costume really stands out. :P

Rey-Rey
07-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Who needs costumes when you've got handsome natural looks? >=D

MegaMako
07-10-2003, 01:49 PM
You will love it Rose! :) It's just one big Cosplay party! ^^

See you there!!

RoseDuelist
07-10-2003, 02:54 PM
COOOOL! ^_^ I heard about that Garden and I'm like "*GASP!* PICTURE OP.!" lol!

petitemusu
07-10-2003, 03:52 PM
Rose - I totally agree! What better than a garden for pics ^_^ And I'm sure there are lots of friendly people to take the pics for you. I hope the lighting is good >_>

Aya - I remember seeing your pics from last year ^^

~Yumi Aiko

Aya Mizu
07-10-2003, 04:05 PM
LOL oh-oh, my redness probably blinded you, eh? XD That and the obnoxious "MINI MONI" on those shorts :D

chibi_kitsune
07-10-2003, 11:36 PM
I went last year and it was fun, it was my first con. i'm hoping of making a good costume a wear it this year if i finish it in time. I'm also hoping on meeting new people too to hang out with.

petitemusu
07-11-2003, 12:29 PM
Aya - :crylaugh: I love Mika! It wasn't too bad - all the red. I might end up being a little sparkly this year :D

chibi_kitsune - I'll be friends with everyone! ^_^ Ya, we should have a "new person" get together :)

Aya Mizu
07-11-2003, 01:03 PM
Ooh sparkly is GOOD XD Heehee, sorry I'm partial to anything sparkly. Too many musicals, I guess?

I'm not sure what I have planned yet for Ani-Magic other than another round of Sakura Taisen with one of my performance groups, Hizashigumi. But it should be fun again this year! :D Yay for ST and Mini Moni fans XD

chibi_kitsune
07-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by petitemusu
Aya - :crylaugh: I love Mika! It wasn't too bad - all the red. I might end up being a little sparkly this year :D

chibi_kitsune - I'll be friends with everyone! ^_^ Ya, we should have a "new person" get together :)

ok, that would be cool

petitemusu
07-12-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Aya Mizu
Ooh sparkly is GOOD XD Heehee, sorry I'm partial to anything sparkly. Too many musicals, I guess?

I'm not sure what I have planned yet for Ani-Magic other than another round of Sakura Taisen with one of my performance groups, Hizashigumi. But it should be fun again this year! :D Yay for ST and Mini Moni fans XD

Yep, musicals make you go - I wanna make that!!!!!! *lol*

More ST! I really want to make a costume from that, but I'm so backlogged already. But that'll be cool to see. I'm looking forward to it ^_^

chibi_kitsune - We could wander around the con together and encourage each other to talk to everyone!